PDA

View Full Version : Amico Hoops: Blazers taking calls on Lillard

mrblisterdundee
02-21-2017, 06:00 PM
According to Sam Amico of Amico Hoops, the Portland Trailblazers are taking calls on Damian Lillard, one of several marquee players potentially up for grabs at the trade deadline:

The Trail Blazers are taking calls and willing listeners about standout point guard Damian Lillard, per Amico Hoops sources.
- Sam Amico, Amico Hoops (http://amicohoops.net/nba-trade-rumors-brook-lopez-jahlil-okafor-cleveland-cavaliers/)

Jenceman
02-21-2017, 06:03 PM
Are they trying a full on rebuild? **** if I'm the Lakers I throw Russell, Randle, Clarkson, and whatever picks you get from trading Lou Williams/ Nick Young

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Vinny642
02-21-2017, 06:06 PM
Asik Ajinca and Jrue and a first for next year for him, Even Jones too

BKLYNpigeon
02-21-2017, 06:11 PM
Who the *** is amicohoops.net ???

I looked up his website and its worth $2500, based on web traffic. lol

If you post stuff, make sure its from a credible source...

Avenged
02-21-2017, 06:12 PM
What the ****?? Lakers should move all in on this one. Give them whoever they want.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-21-2017, 06:24 PM

Tell that to PSD who has it on their homepage.

Twolves88
02-21-2017, 06:26 PM
Jordan Hill(expiring)
Brandon Rush(expiring)
Peks contract(expiring)
1st round pick
Dunn

For Lillard

That would be my offer as the timberwolves.

Wade n Fade
02-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Whiteside should be offered to Portland in a move for Lillard. Trade Dragic in another deal too. Miami could use an elite PG to be its face. We haven't had a PG like Lillard since Tim Hardaway Sr, not saying Lillard is a hall of fame candidate.

SiteWolf
02-21-2017, 07:22 PM
They already have 3 1st rd picks
I live in Timberwolves country, but as an Oregon alum the Blazers had been my team. Aldridge leaving and the Timberpuppies getting more interesting had already tweaked my leanings. If they trade Damian, I'm no longer a part time Wolves fan

mrblisterdundee
02-21-2017, 09:42 PM

Sam Amico works for Fox Sports and runs his own website on the side. One of his followers is Zach Lowe.
Here's an excerpt from his Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Amico), since you're so into doing research:

Prior to working for FOX Sports, Amico covered the NBA for NBA.com. He has also contributed stories on the league to USA Today, CBSSports.com and the Boston Herald.

Dade County
02-21-2017, 09:46 PM
Whiteside should be offered to Portland in a move for Lillard. Trade Dragic in another deal too. Miami could use an elite PG to be its face. We haven't had a PG like Lillard since Tim Hardaway Sr, not saying Lillard is a hall of fame candidate.

Whiteside is are building Block, he wouldn't be addd to a Trade like this. But saying that, I don't believe this story, but if it's true, anyone but Whiteside Pat should offer.

MagicBucsSox
02-21-2017, 10:03 PM
Orlando needs to unload that top 5 pick

still1ballin
02-21-2017, 10:07 PM
Are they trying a full on rebuild? **** if I'm the Lakers I throw Russell, Randle, Clarkson, and whatever picks you get from trading Lou Williams/ Nick Young

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Lol lakers just traded lou Williams to secure that top 3 pick and you want to trade our entire core and then lose our pick?

NYKnickFanatic
02-21-2017, 11:09 PM
Sam Amico works for Fox Sports and runs his own website on the side. One of his followers is Zach Lowe.
Here's an excerpt from his Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Amico), since you're so into doing research:

Burn.

Saddletramp
02-21-2017, 11:13 PM
Yeah, who doesn't know who Sam Amico is? These kids these days.

Oh yeah, that guy. He still owes me a link. Not surprised he has no idea what he's talking about.

Mave1002
02-22-2017, 12:06 AM
Lol lakers just traded lou Williams to secure that top 3 pick and you want to trade our entire core and then lose our pick?

Assuming the team retains it's top 3 (Josh Jackson)...

Mozgov/Zubac (TRob)
Deng/Nance Jr. (TRob)
Ingram/Brewer
Jackson/Brewer
Lillard/Huertas

Lakers lose Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Calderon, Black and Young, a couple of picks. We'd still look pretty decent.

Wade n Fade
02-22-2017, 12:13 AM
Whiteside is are building Block, he wouldn't be addd to a Trade like this. But saying that, I don't believe this story, but if it's true, anyone but Whiteside Pat should offer.

Whiteside is a reason why we lose some games over the past couple of seasons. He's highly overrated and has a max deal. If a team stupidly trades for him, then we should capitalize. We could get a franchise PG if Portland does a swap built around the two. Dragic could go to the Magic in some deal with Vucevic and a 1st going to Miami. It's a start to rebuilding while selling high on two players who shouldn't fit into Miami's long term views. I rather have a Lillard to build around.

mgomrjsurf
02-22-2017, 12:23 AM
Pistons for Jackson,Drummond? Celtics for Smart,Bradley,Crowder and Draft Picks? Magic for Payton,Green and so on?

Wade n Fade
02-22-2017, 12:31 AM
Pistons for Jackson,Drummond? Celtics for Smart,Bradley,Crowder and Draft Picks? Magic for Payton,Green and so on?

Celtics don't need another PG with a big contract tbh. Why is everyone so quick to add Bradley in a deal? Boston has enough assets to net a star player without trading IT, Bradley, Horford. They're better off keeping Bradley since he is having a good season. Plus he is on a good contract.

Scoots
02-22-2017, 10:13 AM
It is interesting seeing fans and teams realize their team's star may not be as good as they think.

Cousins traded, now Lillard, CP3, Griffin, Drummond, Jackson, Russell, Ingram all being talked about.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-22-2017, 10:25 AM
This Sam is the so so insider. The better Sam is Sam Amick. I use to get these two guys mixed up for insider info.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-22-2017, 01:04 PM
NBA Trade Rumors‏@NBA_RumorsNow 19h19 hours ago
More
The Blazers and the Bucks are reportedly in trade discussions for Damian Lillard. #bucks #blazers

I found on twitter some insider not sure if legit or not. But mentions Bucks are in talks with Blazers about Lilliard. Curious what my Bucks are offering. Parker,Brogdon,2017 unprotected first and Monroe? I was gonna say either Parker or Middleton most likely involved if legit rumor. Besides a pick most likely or more. Rumors are Monroe will opt out player option. So that would save some cap for Blazers. Since they still got dead weight Crabbe/Turner at wings spot.

Giannis94
02-22-2017, 01:05 PM
I found on twitter some insider not sure if legit or not. But mentions Bucks are in talks with Blazers about Lilliard. Curious what my Bucks are offering. Parker,Brogdon,2017 unprotected first and Monroe? I was gonna say either Parker or Middleton most likely involved if legit rumor. Besides a pick most likely or more. Rumors are Monroe will opt out player option. So that would save some cap for Blazers. Since they still got dead weight Crabbe/Turner at wings spot.

Would love this. Try and keep Broggy though.

LA4life24/8
02-22-2017, 01:09 PM
Dame on the bucks would be interesting. They lose some depth though, buut at this point parker is HUGE question mark so it might be the right time to unload him. Its risky but could def payoff.

D-Leethal
02-22-2017, 02:09 PM
Lillard and Giannis would be awesome to watch.

Why would Portland want to unload Lillard in the first place? I get he might be "overrated" by some, but he is a helluva player and building block for any team.

D-Leethal
02-22-2017, 02:11 PM
Dame on the bucks would be interesting. They lose some depth though, buut at this point parker is HUGE question mark so it might be the right time to unload him. Its risky but could def payoff.

They have Middleton on the wing anyway. Makes sense to unload Parker for a dynamic PG and balance the roster.

LA4life24/8
02-22-2017, 02:50 PM
Lillard and Giannis would be awesome to watch.

Why would Portland want to unload Lillard in the first place? I get he might be "overrated" by some, but he is a helluva player and building block for any team.

I dont watch a lot of blazers honestly but from what ive read on psd from blazers fans lillard+cj are god awful defensively. And i guess they value cj more or maybe they think lillard nets them more assets to build a more balanced team with. Lillard hasnt really taken em anywhere unfortunately. I like dame a lot too, but i dont think he can be the best guy on a chip team

mrblisterdundee
02-22-2017, 03:14 PM
Would love this. Try and keep Broggy though.

Only if Milwaukee gives up Middleton. The Blazers deserve one or the other in exchange for Lillard.
How about Lillard and either Aminu or Harkless for Monroe, Middleton and Maker?
Lillard can be your second banana behind Giannis and ahead of Parker, and has a relatively inexpensive max contract. He can play more off ball and drill even more open threes when Giannis penetrates and kicks. And the Bucks should have awesome ball movement with Lillard, Giannis and Brogdon.
Aminu, meanwhile, provides great defense and a better three-point shot than Giannis on a dirt-cheap contract. Move him to the bench unit when Parker comes back, and use him to mitigate Parker's defensive weaknesses.
Middleton doesn't sacrifice any shooting for Portland, while providing much better defense than Lillard. Monroe is sort of an extended expiring contract, but would be the clear alpha in the post. Maker is the Lillard tax.

valade16
02-22-2017, 03:25 PM
I dont watch a lot of blazers honestly but from what ive read on psd from blazers fans lillard+cj are god awful defensively. And i guess they value cj more or maybe they think lillard nets them more assets to build a more balanced team with. Lillard hasnt really taken em anywhere unfortunately. I like dame a lot too, but i dont think he can be the best guy on a chip team

Lillard and CJ are terrible defensively as a duo, the problem is CJ has a massive trade kicker this season which makes him all but untradeable, so if one is going to be moved, it has to be Lillard.

Avenged
02-22-2017, 03:57 PM

Lilliard and Giannis would be damn awesome to see.

Giannis94
02-22-2017, 05:17 PM
Only if Milwaukee gives up Middleton. The Blazers deserve one or the other in exchange for Lillard.
How about Lillard and either Aminu or Harkless for Monroe, Middleton and Maker?
Lillard can be your second banana behind Giannis and ahead of Parker, and has a relatively inexpensive max contract. He can play more off ball and drill even more open threes when Giannis penetrates and kicks. And the Bucks should have awesome ball movement with Lillard, Giannis and Brogdon.
Aminu, meanwhile, provides great defense and a better three-point shot than Giannis on a dirt-cheap contract. Move him to the bench unit when Parker comes back, and use him to mitigate Parker's defensive weaknesses.
Middleton doesn't sacrifice any shooting for Portland, while providing much better defense than Lillard. Monroe is sort of an extended expiring contract, but would be the clear alpha in the post. Maker is the Lillard tax.
Would rather deal broggy than maker. Maker's ceiling is so much higher. Need to keep Middleton opposed to Jabari to space the floor. MHL had the offer I would consider

LA4life24/8
02-22-2017, 06:13 PM
Lillard and CJ are terrible defensively as a duo, the problem is CJ has a massive trade kicker this season which makes him all but untradeable, so if one is going to be moved, it has to be Lillard.

Oh, those damn trade kickers lol. Dont blame the players for getting em though, deters some of the bad teams they don't wanna go to from tradin for em haha. Good call.

krazylegz
02-22-2017, 06:23 PM
amico should stick to the cleveland plain dealer and keep his nose out of national talk

cmellofan15
02-22-2017, 06:48 PM
The idiocy of psd never ceases to amaze me. An unverified Twitter account with zero credibility and 900 followers tweets out some bs about lillard to the bucks and you guys eat it up lmao.

Giannis94
02-22-2017, 07:33 PM
The idiocy of psd never ceases to amaze me. An unverified Twitter account with zero credibility and 900 followers tweets out some bs about lillard to the bucks and you guys eat it up lmao.

sounds like the knicks forum to me.

europagnpilgrim
02-22-2017, 08:30 PM
It is interesting seeing fans and teams realize their team's star may not be as good as they think.

Cousins traded, now Lillard, CP3, Griffin, Drummond, Jackson, Russell, Ingram all being talked about.

outside of C3P who has more years/mileage and more bona fide than all those I would agree with you on the rest, its like right after they sign that new big deal they just slightly fall off or not try as hard it seems, show flashes here and there but not the consistency pre qualified max deal, like the hunger for more leaves their game or something

Ingram should have stayed another year at Duke or wherever he attended college, I feel all players should stay at least 2 yrs and then turn pro if they are really that damn legit

europagnpilgrim
02-22-2017, 08:32 PM

900 actual followers is better than 10million spam ones if you really be honest with yourself

mrblisterdundee
02-23-2017, 01:08 AM

His verified Twitter account has 57,200 followers. He has a substantial resume of reputable media outlets. And he's not the only outlet reporting that the Blazers are open to trades on Lillard.

Giannis94
02-23-2017, 10:16 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-23-2017, 10:28 AM

We already came to the conclusion on the Bucks board yesterday that the Lillard rumor was bogus. Its fun to speculate though.

YAALREADYKNO
02-23-2017, 11:56 AM
The pelicans should try to throw everything they can for Lillard not named cousins and davis

SiteWolf
02-23-2017, 01:46 PM
His verified Twitter account has 57,200 followers. He has a substantial resume of reputable media outlets. And he's not the only outlet reporting that the Blazers are open to trades on Lillard.

haven't seen another....only thing I've seen is Damian saying he's invested in Portland and would be disappointed if he were traded

I just don't see it anyway. They're not up against the cap, they don't have big contracts looming, and they already have 3 1st rd picks this year to play with

Tg11
02-23-2017, 01:53 PM
Lillard I would trade him to a team in the East but which teams in the East are in need of Lillard though? There are the Heat, Bucks, 76ers, Pistons, Nets or even the Bulls could try to get Lillard but in the West if they do trade him to a team in the West frontrunners of course have to be the Lakers, Thunder, Spurs or even the Clippers