PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Butler vs DeMarcus Cousins

LOb0
02-20-2017, 11:47 PM
I think the Celtics are trading the Nets pick for Jimmy Butler. I think DeMarcus would've been a better trade. I don't really feel its worth it for Jimmy...Can some one talk me into this?

Wade n Fade
02-20-2017, 11:56 PM
Jimmy is a better fit to stopping LeBron because you have two great wing defenders in Butler and Bradley. IT is one of the best 4th quarter stars in the league this season. Horford is supposed to give Love and TT trouble in a potential ECF or Eastern Semi-Final matchup.

Dade County
02-20-2017, 11:56 PM
I believe they hold on to it. Jimmy isn't worth it.

If Boston, can target 2 all stars then sure all bets are off.

Drummond & Gordon Hayward makes since to me. Utah has to know that Boston has a real chance at landing Hayward when he becomes a free agent. We all know the Bulls really don't pull the trigger on trades (they just wanted to get Ross out of town).

Boston Big 3

Tomas
Hayward
Drummond

I believe Horford will be traded.

tp13baby
02-21-2017, 12:05 AM
I believe they hold on to it. Jimmy isn't worth it.

If Boston, can target 2 all stars then sure all bets are off.

Drummond & Gordon Hayward makes since to me. Utah has to know that Boston has a real chance at landing Hayward when he becomes a free agent. We all know the Bulls really don't pull the trigger on trades (they just wanted to get Ross out of town).

Boston Big 3

Tomas
Hayward
Drummond

I believe Horford will be traded.

Jimmy isn't worth it but Drummond is? IT, Butler, Horford>>>>IT Hayward Drummond

If somehow you avoid giving up the Nets pick, pull the trigger.

tredigs
02-21-2017, 12:05 AM
Jimmy has more years on his contract, and therefore will demand much more. And the Celtics are in a win-now mode, so he is probably worth a top 3 pick. There's a decent chance whoever they get will never be as good as Jimmy Butler currently is (even if they do score the #1, there's no clear franchise changer in this draft is there?). And remember, the Celtics also have Brooklyn's 2018 1st round pick, so either way they're getting a top 5 pick in one of the next 2 seasons.

HeartOfStarks
02-21-2017, 12:07 AM
I think the Celtics are trading the Nets pick for Jimmy Butler. I think DeMarcus would've been a better trade. I don't really feel its worth it for Jimmy...Can some one talk me into this?

Stevens/Boston is big on team ball/team concept. Cousins has a bad attitude and I think is generally perceived as a me-first player. Butler seems like more of a hard nosed team player, tough defensively etc.

In terms of Boston's reasoning I could see this basically being it.

tredigs
02-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Also the fact that IT and Cousins already played together and it did not result in a successful pairing. Granted, this is a better situation, but they would still be the alphas of the offense and fighting for time with the ball.

LOb0
02-21-2017, 12:40 AM
These are all good points. Isaiah and Boogie didn't work at all. Its just Jimmy just feels a level below Boogie offensively.

lol and no to this Drummond trade. Definitely not for the Nets pick.

Dade County
02-21-2017, 12:45 AM
Jimmy isn't worth it but Drummond is? IT, Butler, Horford>>>>IT Hayward Drummond

If somehow you avoid giving up the Nets pick, pull the trigger.

Dear goodness...

I stated if Boston can grab 2 all stars around the same time, I can see them trading the pick(s) & players. But hell no will they trade a top 3 pick for Jimmy alone.

lol and no to this Drummond trade. Definitely not for the Nets pick.

If Boston can grab two all stars before the trade deadline, I can see them trading whatever they have to trade.

Not saying Drummond alone is worth a top 3 pick (jimmy is either).

valade16
02-21-2017, 12:55 AM
The extremely high value people put on picks is perplexing to me. Jimmy Butler is a top 10-ish player, for a top 3 pick to be more valuable the player drafted would have to be superior to Jimmy Butler, and the chances of that are very remote and there's no guarantee the player is even as good as Butler, let alone better.

I trade a top 3 pick for Butler easily.

KingPosey
02-21-2017, 01:00 AM
Stevens/Boston is big on team ball/team concept. Cousins has a bad attitude and I think is generally perceived as a me-first player. Butler seems like more of a hard nosed team player, tough defensively etc.

In terms of Boston's reasoning I could see this basically being it.he has been an awesome facilitator this season. Look at his box scores. This season he's been a more than willing and capable passer

ramsizzle
02-21-2017, 01:02 AM
The extremely high value people put on picks is perplexing to me. Jimmy Butler is a top 10-ish player, for a top 3 pick to be more valuable the player drafted would have to be superior to Jimmy Butler, and the chances of that are very remote and there's no guarantee the player is even as good as Butler, let alone better.

This is absolutely correct. The bulls won't trade him unless it's for both nets picks plus players.

LOb0
02-21-2017, 01:07 AM
This is absolutely correct. The bulls won't trade him unless it's for both nets picks plus players.

They'll do it for just the 2017 and player(s)

ramsizzle
02-21-2017, 01:10 AM
They'll do it for just the 2017 and player(s)

No, they won't. It's been well known here that's their asking price. No change coming now that the deadline looms.

More-Than-Most
02-21-2017, 01:10 AM
Jimmy isnt worth it? :laugh:

And I am out. :pity:

More-Than-Most
02-21-2017, 01:13 AM

and It is worth it BUT not for the celtics.... I think fans are really over valuing prospects and picks with how much of a crapshoot it is but whatever... If I am the celtics though Id wait... They have enough right now to compete... Not win but compete... Getting butler gives them a better chance but they would still get rekt by the warriors... Why not wait till next season and see what their guys become before trading all those picks and young players just for a better chance? Id rather have more chances if I am the celtics then a better chance right now with how far ahead the warriors are.

LOb0
02-21-2017, 01:14 AM
No, they won't. It's been well known here that's their asking price. No change coming now that the deadline looms.

Well known from where? The Bulls must be high if they think they'd get both picks. I think Jayen Brown and 2017 Nets pick and Jimmy would be packing his bags right now.

They cannot get anywhere near that value anywhere else.

ramsizzle
02-21-2017, 01:21 AM
Well known from where? The Bulls must be high if they think they'd get both picks. I think Jayen Brown and 2017 Nets pick and Jimmy would be packing his bags right now.

They cannot get anywhere near that value anywhere else.

Kc Johnson (most trustworthy bulls beat guy imo) had let this be known that that is the asking price since basically draft day. The bulls turned down Dunn and lavine that day. Why would a maybe worse package (u don't know where the Nets are drafting as of now) all while jimmy has become a better player. The bulls rightfully should ask for the two Nets picks and players.

zn23
02-21-2017, 02:20 AM
Butler is the guy you want. He's not a locker room cancer like Cousins.

More-Than-Most
02-21-2017, 02:21 AM
Butler is the guy you want. He's not a locker room cancer like Cousins.

http://sportsmockery.com/2016/04/new-information-reveals-exactly-bulls-players-hate-jimmy-butler/

um :shrug:

europagnpilgrim
02-21-2017, 02:32 AM

The double P is very perplexing, potential and picks

highly overrated by most followers

I would trade that pick so quick for Butler with a private jet right there in Chicago waiting as well to bring Butler to beantown

BKLYNpigeon
02-21-2017, 03:14 AM

Isiah Thomas and Demarcus Cousin don't get along. It didn't work in Sacramento and it probably won't work in Bosto. Thats why Thomas got traded.

Bostonjorge
02-21-2017, 04:02 AM
The Nets pick for Butler is worth it. The top 3 players in the draft are all PG's. UCLA PG Lonzo Ball looks special but Isiah Thomas is ready right now and Buttler makes Boston elite contenders. If pick lands Ball then bulls get major value back.

ewing
02-21-2017, 06:53 AM

The Celtics offensive revolves around a ball dominate PG. Cousins is a ball dominate big that crowds the paint at times. Him and IT don't fit. He is also doesn't share well and has a history of clashing with both teammates and coaches. Putting him on a team where he will definitely be asked to change his game with a strong coach is dangerous. Butler is a wing that fits what Boston already ready does and gives them another guy to match up with the elite wings they will see come playoff time.

C-ross12
02-21-2017, 07:26 AM
If they Bulls are asking for both nets picks + players, its too much. Would you rather proceed with Jaylen Brown, Fultz / Ball (Likely) and DeAndre Ayton / Wendell Carter / Michael Porter (Pretty likely) or Jimmy Butler? The nets stink and it doesn't look like they will be getting a lot better anytime soon. That 18' pick will most likely be top 3 too. When Durant went to the Warriors, I think most GM's, Ainge included, adjusted their strategy. It's less likely they are willing to push all the chips in the middle when you know you have to beat a loaded GSW team.

tp13baby
02-21-2017, 08:39 AM
I was purely talking about if Boston can trade for JB without dealing this years Nets pick.

Just what a previous poster said do you gun for it all with GS the way they are? Or you get a guy like Fultz or Ball, and with the Nets pick next year enter the top 5 again.

Then the year after, I know it's 2 years away but look at where Memphis (who will be old with little cap) and LAC (who could go from a top team to a bottom feeder depending on Blake and CP) you could be absolutely set up.

I know some people overrate prospects and draft picks but with GS, even Cleveland, SAS, they are the underdogs by quite a bit in any of those series even with Butler.

But I completely understand making that trade because when a star is out there for trade you have to do it cause they don't come along often. Just the thought of what may be home grooming potential top picks with already good talent would be cool to see too.

KingPosey
02-22-2017, 01:49 AM
Isiah Thomas and Demarcus Cousin don't get along. It didn't work in Sacramento and it probably won't work in Bosto. Thats why Thomas got traded.

Nope. They may or may not get along. But he got traded because the kings didn't want to pay him 6 mill a season.

5ass
02-22-2017, 02:01 AM
The Celtics have reservations, according to league sources, about adding Butler after how wonderfully the Isaiah Thomas emergence has gone. There is valid reason for concern, because Thomas is reveling in his top-dog status.

This is what he said after the All-Star Game late Sunday night: "I'm coming for the scoring title."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2694133-nba-all-star-weekend-buzz-will-boston-celtics-finally-pounce-on-jimmy-butler

How do these writers come up with this **** and think it makes sense? So now the Celtics don't want to add another star on the team so that Isaiah can get a scoring title?