PDA

View Full Version : Players who continue to be snubbed

Tg11
02-19-2017, 01:42 PM
As far as players in the NBA who continue to be snubbed especially at NBA All Star Weekend time...the biggest has to be Lillard of the Blazers time after time year after year he continues to be snubbed even when he puts up All Star numbers

Chronz
02-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Conley or Lillard tie

Tg11
02-19-2017, 01:56 PM
No it definitely is Lillard he is the biggest snub 3 years in a row

valade16
02-19-2017, 01:58 PM
Has to be Lillard.

Tg11
02-19-2017, 02:05 PM
Mike Conley, Bradley Beal, Chris Paul and CJ McCollum

PhillyFaninLA
02-19-2017, 02:05 PM
As far as players in the NBA who continue to be snubbed especially at NBA All Star Weekend time...the biggest has to be Lillard of the Blazers time after time year after year he continues to be snubbed even when he puts up All Star numbers

Who would you take off the team at point guard to put him on and why.....its a fair statement but is it really a snub if other players at the position are just better, you only have so many spots.

Tg11
02-19-2017, 02:10 PM
Who would you take off the team at point guard to put him on and why.....its a fair statement but is it really a snub if other players at the position are just better, you only have so many spots.

Lillard if he was in the East he would have made the All Star team without question but in the West he should have at least been a reserve

TrueFan420
02-19-2017, 02:29 PM
Lillard if he was in the East he would have made the All Star team without question but in the West he should have at least been a reserve

You aren't answering the question tho. Who would you take off at PG? There's no denying he is an All Star level player. But who does he beat out?

Not Curry
Not Westbrook
Not Harden (being used a PG this year; even tho I'd still classify as a SG)

You could argue Klay or Hayward but they play different positions and bring different skill sets.

And then there is Paul who is still better and didn't make it either and does play the same position as Lilard.

It's not so cut and dry.

Tg11
02-19-2017, 02:34 PM
You aren't answering the question tho. Who would you take off at PG? There's no denying he is an All Star level player. But who does he beat out?

Not Curry
Not Westbrook

You could argue Klay or Hayward but they play different positions and bring different skill sets.

And then there is Paul who is still better and didn't make it either and does play the same position as Lilard.

It's not so cut and dry.

Yeah but it is front court and back court so in that case I would remove Hayward and replace him with Lillard

kdspurman
02-19-2017, 02:55 PM
Yeah but it is front court and back court so in that case I would remove Hayward and replace him with Lillard

Utah should have a guy there tho. Probably remove Klay for Dame

KnicksorBust
02-19-2017, 04:20 PM

Not Curry
Not Westbrook

It's not so cut and dry.

Bingo. Sometimes I like to be contrarian to spark debate but Lillard is the answer and arbitrary position requirements are stupid.

Sadds The Gr8
02-19-2017, 06:01 PM

Not Curry
Not Westbrook

It's not so cut and dry.

this. Lillard is having an all-star season but his team sucks and those other guys are more deserving IMO.

PhillyFaninLA
02-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Bingo. Sometimes I like to be contrarian to spark debate but Lillard is the answer and arbitrary position requirements are stupid.

The problem is there is an actual team, if you say you need to put someone on, you need to take someone off...this is why I don't agree with your point about it being arbitrary. You can't say just add him, because there are roster limits, you can't say take off this forward or center because he is a guard and a point guard specifically.

If you want to say they should add roster spots or do what they do in baseball and require each team to send someone, than fine...but that is not how the system works.

valade16
02-19-2017, 07:56 PM
The roster limit is frontcourt and backcourt. Not PG. Lillard doesn't have to compete with Curry or Westbrook for a spot.

PhillyFaninLA
02-20-2017, 08:19 AM
The roster limit is frontcourt and backcourt. Not PG. Lillard doesn't have to compete with Curry or Westbrook for a spot.

I know, I was making the point that unless you state you want to change how things are structured now then you can't just say put player X on.

SiteWolf
02-20-2017, 10:08 AM
Utah should have a guy there tho. Probably remove Klay for Dame

Utah should have a guy? But Portland shouldn't?

Tg11
02-20-2017, 11:05 AM
I know right which is why Lillard needs to move to the East because if he did he would make it to several NBA All Star Weekends

koreancabbage
02-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Mike Conley, Bradley Beal, Chris Paul and CJ McCollum

Bradley Beal maybe this year. but previous years, no. same goes for McCollum.

first year snubs if anything.

kdspurman
02-20-2017, 05:05 PM
Utah should have a guy? But Portland shouldn't?

Well, Utah is the 5th seed (playoff team) so yea. Portland is not in the playoff picture currently...

But I'm confused, I said remove Klay for Dame, so I obviously think he should've been there.