PDA

View Full Version : Replace Westbrook with Lebron...

nastynice
02-18-2017, 03:46 AM
...where is okc right now?

DanG
02-18-2017, 07:35 AM
4th seed in the West probably. Wouldn't make much of a difference in the playoffs though, 2nd round exit, SAS and GSW are too much.

ewing
02-18-2017, 09:42 AM
Lottery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
02-18-2017, 11:17 AM
Honestly?

I'm not sure OKC has a better record with LeBron than with Westbrook. LeBron at this stage in his career is not gonna exert the kind of energy needed to carry that team through the entire regular season.

However, I do think that in the playoffs their ceiling would be much higher with LeBron. When he goes all out he's clearly the superior player to Westbrook.

Vee-Rex
02-18-2017, 11:22 AM
I'm gonna add this too:

LeBron is having a sneaky-good season this year. He's approximately at 26ppg/8rpg/9apg on 53.9%FG and .616TS% and 26.3 PER

Those are easily MVP numbers and I imagine if anyone else was doing as good they would probably get more recognition. But people have become desensitized to LeBron's stats in the past few years.

LOb0
02-18-2017, 11:44 AM
4th seed in the West probably. Wouldn't make much of a difference in the playoffs though, 2nd round exit, SAS and GSW are too much.

This pretty much. 4th seed.

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2017, 03:08 PM
He could have a shot vs the Spurs. Would get destroyed by the warriors. Clippers healthy give him a problem. He's far better than westy imo

KingPosey
02-18-2017, 03:29 PM
I'm gonna add this too:

LeBron is having a sneaky-good season this year. He's approximately at 26ppg/8rpg/9apg on 53.9%FG and .616TS% and 26.3 PER

Those are easily MVP numbers and I imagine if anyone else was doing as good they would probably get more recognition. But people have become desensitized to LeBron's stats in the past few years.
Ya you made me look and you're right.

I feel like, and lebron is the best in the game so I'm not trying to take that away, that he is good enough and his team is stacked enough that he can fill the sheets and not have to kill himself on te court.

I don't think he could take it "easy" on this OKC team and slide Into those kind of box scores.

Bostonjorge
02-18-2017, 06:00 PM
So lebron who's does nothing better then Westbrook right now will have OKc in a better position? How does that make any kind of sense?

Bostonjorge
02-18-2017, 06:02 PM
He could have a shot vs the Spurs. Would get destroyed by the warriors. Clippers healthy give him a problem. He's far better than westy imo

Spurs made history with the beat down they gave the best version we saw of lebron. How is this lebron even win one game? I mean no team has lost that bad EVER.

FlashBolt
02-18-2017, 08:19 PM
The one thing you need to be able to carry a team from the ground (like James did with the Cavs roster 10 years ago) is youth. He's too old to do ALL that -- which is why I stated countless times to Chronz that Kyrie is the perfect player for LeBron. Can handle the ball, can score, can shoot, and his ability to learn and grow as a player compared to someone who is contempt makes him the best teammate LeBron has had on the court. He's just too damn old but if you reverse the situation, Cavs would be a worse team so there's your answer.

ewing
02-18-2017, 09:03 PM
The one thing you need to be able to carry a team from the ground (like James did with the Cavs roster 10 years ago) is youth. He's too old to do ALL that -- which is why I stated countless times to Chronz that Kyrie is the perfect player for LeBron. Can handle the ball, can score, can shoot, and his ability to learn and grow as a player compared to someone who is contempt makes him the best teammate LeBron has had on the court. He's just too damn old but if you reverse the situation, Cavs would be a worse team so there's your answer.

I agree

Bostonjorge
02-18-2017, 10:46 PM

You would get the exact same result. James can't lead the Cavs past the Warriors only to a finals appearance. Westbrook would lead Cavs just as far. So maybe worse but not enough to change the result that James would give you. Both lose in finals.

FlashBolt
02-18-2017, 11:05 PM
You would get the exact same result. James can't lead the Cavs past the Warriors only to a finals appearance. Westbrook would lead Cavs just as far. So maybe worse but not enough to change the result that James would give you. Both lose in finals.

stfu

ewing
02-19-2017, 12:14 AM

I dont think so Boston Jorge. I think Bron would be smothered playing with all those big goons on OKC instead of having elite shooters (ivring, Frye, Kover, Love, even JR) On the other hand if you put Westbrook and the Cavs those guys dont have a distributer, love still cant post, and Kyrie doesn't get as much chance to put on a show. Bron cant be the linch pin as well as Russ in OKC and Russ cant in be Clev. The Raps and your Celts are favorites against that team IMO

Bostonjorge
02-19-2017, 03:38 AM
I dont think so Boston Jorge. I think Bron would be smothered playing with all those big goons on OKC instead of having elite shooters (ivring, Frye, Kover, Love, even JR) On the other hand if you put Westbrook and the Cavs those guys dont have a distributer, love still cant post, and Kyrie doesn't get as much chance to put on a show. Bron cant be the linch pin as well as Russ in OKC and Russ cant in be Clev. The Raps and your Celts are favorites against that team IMO

Boston balling right now. If they turn it up one more notch then it won't matter who's in front of them.

LA4life24/8
02-19-2017, 08:12 PM
Ehhh... lebron on thunder right now.. 4th seed at best. His schedule in the west would be harder than in the east. Hed have to exert himself more on a nightly basis. They'd def make the playoffs no doubt. Dont seem em gettin past dubs spurs or if healthy the clips

Hawkeye15
02-20-2017, 01:09 PM

bingo

LA_Raiders
02-20-2017, 09:33 PM
Lottery OKC has no team

JordansBulls
02-21-2017, 09:18 PM
I'm gonna add this too:

Good numbers, but with 4 MVP's, and not top 5 in either scoring, PER, WS, WS PER 48 minutes, Box Score he shouldn't get any recognition either.

valade16
02-21-2017, 09:33 PM
Good numbers, but with 4 MVP's, and not top 5 in either scoring, PER, WS, WS PER 48 minutes, Box Score he shouldn't get any recognition either.

Yeah as great as LeBron has been playing this year it's not nearly as good as he was in his peak, nor is it as good as several players this season.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2017, 11:08 AM
Yeah as great as LeBron has been playing this year it's not nearly as good as he was in his peak, nor is it as good as several players this season.

how much you want to wager he is #1 in most those numbers for the playoffs this year?

IKnowHoops
02-22-2017, 11:51 AM
how much you want to wager he is #1 in most those numbers for the playoffs this year?

Exactly.

Just last year he lead the NBA finals in PTs/reb/asst/blk/stl against the greatest regular season team of all time. Don't think Lebron can't do something. Even at this stage, he could out carry Russ. He waits to unleash the beast now. But the beast is there and can be brought out anytime and for however long he wants.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2017, 12:13 PM
Exactly.

Just last year he lead the NBA finals in PTs/reb/asst/blk/stl against the greatest regular season team of all time. Don't think Lebron can't do something. Even at this stage, he could out carry Russ. He waits to unleash the beast now. But the beast is there and can be brought out anytime and for however long he wants.

Flash put it perfectly on page 1. LeBron is just too old to carry a subpar roster all damn year. It doesn't mean I wouldn't take him over Westbrook all day, any day, come playoff time.

ewing
02-22-2017, 12:48 PM
Flash put it perfectly on page 1. LeBron is just too old to carry a subpar roster all damn year. It doesn't mean I wouldn't take him over Westbrook all day, any day, come playoff time.

Bron is clearly a better player but I do think he'd struggle with a roaster like OKC's though. A lot of traffic in the lane with all of OKC's goon and non-shooters. Bron is better but both teams are better with their current star IMO

Hawkeye15
02-22-2017, 12:55 PM
Bron is clearly a better player but I do think he'd struggle with a roaster like OKC's though. A lot of traffic in the lane with all of OKC's goon and non-shooters. Bron is better but both teams are better with their current star IMO

oh for sure, when you have LeBron, who is a more willing playmaker than scorer, yet demands the paint to crash when he drives, you go get shooters. His bigs are better off being able to space the floor (ie, get the **** out of his way).

IKnowHoops
02-22-2017, 04:25 PM

I agree he is to old to carry like he used to. But he is still good enough to coast his way into 26/8/9 on 53% while playing a lot of minutes. I think he was leading the league in average minutes at one point.

He's not what he once was, but that 53% shooting alone gives me more wins with Bron. Then add in his defensive versatility and IMO the thunder are much better with Bron reg season or playoffs

Hawkeye15
02-22-2017, 04:28 PM
I agree he is to old to carry like he used to. But he is still good enough to coast his way into 26/8/9 on 53% while playing a lot of minutes. I think he was leading the league in average minutes at one point.

He's not what he once was, but that 53% shooting alone gives me more wins with Bron. Then add in his defensive versatility and IMO the thunder are much better with Bron reg season or playoffs

I just can't agree that it's beneficial for LeBron to put forth the effort in the RS it would take to get OKC a 4-5th seed. He wouldn't have enough left in the tank come playoff time, imo, to go nova as usual.

First time we saw that was 2011, remember? And that was with Wade still playing at an all star level. Come playoff time, he ran out of gas. Starting in 2012, LeBron's defensive impact took a major step back, as he started to coast.

Bostonjorge
02-22-2017, 05:11 PM

I would wager Westbrook 1st round he will lead James in all categories. The difference is Lebron will be playing lesser competition, a team with more loses then wins this year. While Westbrook will playing a very top tier team. That's the difference.

ewing
02-22-2017, 05:34 PM

Why do you think he would shoot the same with different set of teammates. The Cavs are loaded with snippers the thunder obliviously are not

Hawkeye15
02-22-2017, 05:53 PM
I would wager Westbrook 1st round he will lead James in all categories. The difference is Lebron will be playing lesser competition, a team with more loses then wins this year. While Westbrook will playing a very top tier team. That's the difference.

and? Westbrook will be playing a team he is supposed to lose to, and is like 27 years old. What kind of numbers was LeBron putting up yearly at that age? hint-better...plus defense.

I know you absolutely hate LeBron, and try and pick him apart at each and every opportunity. I know Kobe is your hero. Fact is, LeBron James is the best player in the world, and has been for a long time. Get over it dude.

krazylegz
02-22-2017, 06:21 PM
So lebron who's does nothing better then Westbrook right now will have OKc in a better position? How does that make any kind of sense?

except more championships and mvps

heres the difference my slightly confused friend....lebron wins titles....westy is a stat stuffer

krazylegz
02-22-2017, 06:25 PM
^^^a stat stuffer btw...who STILL doesnt have an mvp...and wont this year either (james harden will win by a far margin)

Bostonjorge
02-22-2017, 08:32 PM
and? Westbrook will be playing a team he is supposed to lose to, and is like 27 years old. What kind of numbers was LeBron putting up yearly at that age? hint-better...plus defense.

I know you absolutely hate LeBron, and try and pick him apart at each and every opportunity. I know Kobe is your hero. Fact is, LeBron James is the best player in the world, and has been for a long time. Get over it dude.

I call it how I see it. I give everyone a fair shake. Westbrook is just bring back that old school ball back to the league. The **** talking that all the greats did, the rivalrys and most importantly is playing with who you have and not making any excuses. Westbrook brought that back. James is the guy who almost took it all away.

With that said.

If James had a season with 30 triple doubles then you and every James fan would of branded him the true greatest ever no debate needed. Westbrook is chasing 42 and he's still not the best? Once Westbrook gets 40 triple doubles then he's the best. At 41 and 42 then no more debate.