PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Have Solicited Trade Offers For Andre Drummond, Reggie Jackson

spreadeagle
02-16-2017, 01:41 PM
The Detroit Pistons have been quietly exploring trade scenarios involving Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson.

Despite both being young, talented and under team control for several seasons, the Pistons were disappointed with the potential return.

Opponents have outscored Detroit by seven points per 100 possessions with both Jackson and Drummond on the floor -- a margin that would rank 29th among teams, per NBA.com.

Jackson could still be traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves, Orlando Magic, New Orleans Pelicans, or some mystery destination.

Even so, any Drummond move now would be a shocker. There aren't many teams with a glaring long-term need at center. Phoenix may face one if it lets Alex Len walk, but the Suns wouldn't include Booker in any package for Drummond. Ditto for Portland and C.J. McCollum.

Jackson moves are more plausible, since Detroit would settle for a lower return. They could rekindle talks of a Jackson-Ricky Rubio swap, provided Van Gundy is OK looking a little foolish after publicly snuffing that deal.
But Jackson's value has cratered; Rubio may be the only semi-comparable starter they could get for him. Lottery teams seeking long-term floor generals -- like Dallas, for instance -- aren't flipping top-10 picks for Jackson. Detroit isn't ready to dump Jackson for unwanted expirings in New York and Chicago.

That leaves only a few plausible alternatives. The Pistons could target a distressed young point guard like Elfrid Payton or Emmanuel Mudiay, and snag a rental wing to make up the salary gap. Mudiay is available, per several league sources, though it appears Denver has no interest in Jackson. Orlando remains an intriguing fit; Rob Hennigan, the Magic GM, was part of the Thunder front office that drafted Jackson, and the team is starting freaking C.J. Watson over Payton.

-Zach Lowe ESPN http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18686427/zach-lowe-andre-drummond-reggie-jackson-detroit-pistons

OlivaThor
02-16-2017, 01:58 PM
I agree. As a long time Pistons fan I cannot stand Reggie and Dre is not the leader Pistons need. The current roster has no chance for succes even if two major trades are made

valade16
02-16-2017, 01:59 PM
If I'm Portland I try to put any package together that doesn't include Lillard and McCollum for Drummond.

OlivaThor
02-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Nurkic AND Drummond? Why would Portland do that?

MagicBucsSox
If I'm Portland I try to put any package together that doesn't include Lillard and McCollum for Drummond.

And you wouldn't have anything

ManRam
I can't imagine Stan being a fan of Elfrid Payton.

In a vacuum, I wouldn't mind trading for Jackson...I'd just like to offload some long-term salary while doing so, and I think that's where things get complicated. I'd be more eager to trade for him if we could offload someone like Biyombo, but that's very unlikely. Not sure I'd want to give up too much.

Green + Elf for Reggie wouldn't anger me. But I just don't like completely absorbing that contract without sending some long-term money back. As I said...

MagicBucsSox
02-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Magic are in on Jackson but also want Drummond.

Blink
02-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Then the idea we gotta pay KCP max money....no thank you.

MagicBucsSox
02-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Deal looks like Jackson and Det #1 to Orl, Herzonja & Lou Will to Det and other things to LaL

valade16
02-16-2017, 02:22 PM

Nurkic isn't on the same caliber as Drummond nor is it likely he ever gets there. In fact I'm positive that if Drummond were on the market before the Nurkic trade Portland would have tried to get a deal done for Drummond before committing to a deal for Nurkic.

Vinylman
02-16-2017, 02:25 PM
Deal looks like Jackson and Det #1 to Orl, Herzonja & Lou Will to Det and other things to LaL

what? how are the lakers involved...

source or at least some juicy gossip

Chronz
02-16-2017, 02:32 PM
wow. i really havent seen more than 4 detroit games, has it really gotten to the point where their prized possessions a year ago are no longer in their plans?

LA4life24/8
02-16-2017, 02:33 PM
what? how are the lakers involved...

source or at least some juicy gossip

Yeaaah... i need to hear more lol. We gotta get pick(s) outta there somewhere. Maybe orlando gives us back the 2019 pick or maybe we are getting that detroit pick and orlando is only getting jackson?

Lol this time of year trade rumors run my life

mrblisterdundee
02-16-2017, 02:45 PM

Yeah; sorry. If Portland's getting Drummond, they're giving up one of those two. I don't see how it can be done this year, with McCollum's poison pill provision. And I don't see the Pistons taking Lillard if they still have Jackson. But if they did want Lillard, I'd ask for Drummond, Johnson and a first-round pick. Maybe there will be interest next year, if Caldwell-Pope leaves and Portland's willing to trade McCollum.

Because Drummond is head and shoulders above Nurkic, who's on a rookie deal lasting only two more years.

Scoots
02-16-2017, 02:51 PM
Seems a pretty glaring statement against two players the franchise was saying were cornerstones just last year. Wow.

Also not really the best way to get them to be happy and play hard for the team and maximize their trade value.

valade16
02-16-2017, 03:00 PM
Yeah; sorry. If Portland's getting Drummond, they're giving up one of those two. I don't see how it can be done this year, with McCollum's poison pill provision. And I don't see the Pistons taking Lillard if they still have Jackson. But if they did want Lillard, I'd ask for Drummond, Johnson and a first-round pick. Maybe there will be interest next year, if Caldwell-Pope leaves and Portland's willing to trade McCollum.

Because Drummond is head and shoulders above Nurkic, who's on a rookie deal lasting only two more years.

There's no way that Portland trades Lillard for Drummond. Lillard is about as untouchable an asset as you can find in the NBA in that the only people Portland would be willing to trade Lillard for would obviously never be traded.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2017, 03:12 PM
So why do some in Detroit hate rjax? Curious to know

I always liked him with the thunder but as a magic fan I don't follow close enough to know

Wade n Fade
02-16-2017, 03:35 PM
Why does SVG want to deal Drummond? I'll take him straight up for Whiteside lol. Drummond is very young and still has room to grow.

5ass
02-16-2017, 03:47 PM
“I’ve heard about it,” Van Gundy said. “[Lowe] throws a lot of stuff out there, so I don’t know if that’s illuminating. I could write a lot of stuff, too, but would that be illuminating? Would it be illuminating or would it be (expletive)? There’s a fine line between illuminating and (expletive).”

Lil Rhody
02-16-2017, 03:48 PM
Please come to Boston

5ass
02-16-2017, 03:48 PM
Is there a rumour of a trade or is it just based on the article in the OP? Because that's clearly just a made up trade idea.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2017, 04:12 PM
There's no way that Portland trades Lillard for Drummond. Lillard is about as untouchable an asset as you can find in the NBA in that the only people Portland would be willing to trade Lillard for would obviously never be traded.

so you wouldn't do Rubio/Towns/Pek for Lillard? An above average PG on a reasonable deal, a future star under contract cheap for 2 more years, and $12 million in salary relief?

valade16
02-16-2017, 04:31 PM
so you wouldn't do Rubio/Towns/Pek for Lillard? An above average PG on a reasonable deal, a future star under contract cheap for 2 more years, and $12 million in salary relief?

Towns would have been one of those guys I included in the never be traded category.

JOSKOMANG4
02-16-2017, 04:55 PM
Drummond & Udrih to Boston for F/C A.Johnson(buyout:expiring contract), C T.Zeller(buyout; decline team option), G Rozier, Nets 2017 1st rd swap & Memphis top-5 protected 2019 1st.

C's Lineup:

C- Drummond/Olynyk
PF- Horford/Mickey
SF- Crowder/Brown/Jerebko
SG- Bradley/Jackson/Green
PG- Thomas/Smart/Udrih

Pistons LIneup:

C- Baynes/Marajnavoc
PF- Leuer/Morris/Elleson
SF- Harris/Johnson/Bullock
SG- KCP/Hillard/Gb
PG- Jackson/Rozier

RLundi
02-16-2017, 05:01 PM
Mere speculation it looks like.

LOb0
02-16-2017, 05:30 PM
Drummond & Udrih to Boston for F/C A.Johnson(buyout:expiring contract), C T.Zeller(buyout; decline team option), G Rozier, Nets 2017 1st rd swap & Memphis top-5 protected 2019 1st.

C's Lineup:

C- Drummond/Olynyk
PF- Horford/Mickey
SF- Crowder/Brown/Jerebko
SG- Bradley/Jackson/Green
PG- Thomas/Smart/Udrih

Pistons LIneup:

C- Baynes/Marajnavoc
PF- Leuer/Morris/Elleson
SF- Harris/Johnson/Bullock
SG- KCP/Hillard/Gb
PG- Jackson/Rozier

lol are you high? We're not giving up the Nets pick for Drummond. And the Memphis pick? LMFAO.

GodsSon
02-16-2017, 05:41 PM
JV + Cory + 1st for Dre

GiantsSwaGG
02-16-2017, 06:03 PM
I wouldn't trade a box of Frosted Flakes for Jackson. He stinks

Blink
02-16-2017, 06:32 PM
Injuries this season are the reason Jackson is struggling. Dude limped the whole game last night and still won it for us.

As a Pistons fan we've avoided major injury to any player for as long as I can remember following the nba. Im only 26 so i waant following the Hill days.

If someone buys low on Jackson before the deadline...im pretty damn certain they will be very happy next season.

Leftcoast_yg
02-16-2017, 07:49 PM
JV + Cory + 1st for Dre

Keep dreaming.

mrblisterdundee
02-16-2017, 10:00 PM

Lillard's great on offense — still a step down from guys like Harden and Curry — but absolutely horrid on defense. It's way more likely that Portland would trade McCollum. But scoring a lot of points doesn't make a player untouchable. For every Lillard-time moment, there's a crappy shot or a blown defensive assignment. He's less efficient from deep this year than Carmelo and can't sniff the top-tier guards in getting to the line or running an offense.
I'd trade him to Chicago for Butler and McDermott without a second thought (I'd trade him straight up, but somehow Butler makes significantly less money than Lillard). If Detroit misses the playoffs and their pick somehow ends up in the top 10, I'd at least consider trading Lillard for the pick, Johnson and Drummond.

I wouldn't do that if I were the Wolves, because of the reasons mentioned above, and because I think McCollum can be Portland's primary ballhandler, a la Harden. There could be a good deal involving McCollum for some combination of Wiggins, LaVine and/or Dieng after their poison pill provisions are gone.

LOb0
02-16-2017, 10:03 PM
Lillard's great on offense — still a step down from guys like Harden and Curry — but absolutely horrid on defense. It's way more likely that Portland would trade McCollum. butcoring a lot of points doesn't make a player untouchable. For every Lillard-time moment, there's a crappy shot or a blown defensive assignment. He's less efficient from deep this year than Carmelo and can't sniff the top-tier guards in getting to the line or running an offense.
I'd trade him to Chicago for Butler and McDermott without a second thought. If Detroit misses the playoffs and their pick somehow ends up in the top 10, I'd at least consider trading Lillard for the pick, Johnson and Drummond.

I wouldn't do that if I were the Wolves, because of the reasons mentioned above, and because I think McCollum can be Portland's primary ballhandler, a la Harden. There could be a good deal involving McCollum for some combination of Wiggins, LaVine and/or Dieng.

Wolves would have to be on crack to do that trade.

kobe4thewinbang
02-16-2017, 10:10 PM
Anyone know what is wrong or missing with Drummond? Some nights he gets like 30+points, 20+rebounds. Why ain't he more like AD or something?

valade16
02-16-2017, 10:41 PM
Lillard's great on offense — still a step down from guys like Harden and Curry — but absolutely horrid on defense. It's way more likely that Portland would trade McCollum. But scoring a lot of points doesn't make a player untouchable. For every Lillard-time moment, there's a crappy shot or a blown defensive assignment. He's less efficient from deep this year than Carmelo and can't sniff the top-tier guards in getting to the line or running an offense.
I'd trade him to Chicago for Butler and McDermott without a second thought (I'd trade him straight up, but somehow Butler makes significantly less money than Lillard). If Detroit misses the playoffs and their pick somehow ends up in the top 10, I'd at least consider trading Lillard for the pick, Johnson and Drummond.

I wouldn't do that if I were the Wolves, because of the reasons mentioned above, and because I think McCollum can be Portland's primary ballhandler, a la Harden. There could be a good deal involving McCollum for some combination of Wiggins, LaVine and/or Dieng after their poison pill provisions are gone.

I understand all your points and agree with every one of them. But I'm not talking about what I'd do, but rather what the franchise would do. Lillard is the franchise player, his value is very overrated from an organizational standpoint.

I think they'd consider a Butler trade, but the only way they pull the trigger no questions asked is for a player so clearly superior to Lillard or having such potential the other team would be stupid to do the trade. Based on what he means to the organization and who they'd consider trading him for, he's neigh untouchable.

I think Lillard for Butler would be a better fit for both teams and I'd do it personally, but I'm not sure Chicago gets much better to be honest.

mrblisterdundee
02-16-2017, 11:04 PM
Wolves would have to be on crack to do that trade.

Why? I said a combination of Wiggins LaVine and/or Dieng. That doesn't mean all three.
I think something like Dieng and Wiggins for McCollum and Harkless would be fair. McCollum is better than Wiggins until proven otherwise.

mrblisterdundee
02-16-2017, 11:07 PM
I understand all your points and agree with every one of them. But I'm not talking about what I'd do, but rather what the franchise would do. Lillard is the franchise player, his value is very overrated from an organizational standpoint.

I think they'd consider a Butler trade, but the only way they pull the trigger no questions asked is for a player so clearly superior to Lillard or having such potential the other team would be stupid to do the trade. Based on what he means to the organization and who they'd consider trading him for, he's neigh untouchable.

I think Lillard for Butler would be a better fit for both teams and I'd do it personally, but I'm not sure Chicago gets much better to be honest.

Chicago's absolutely horrid at three-point shooting. Lillard would provide a gunslinger who can run the offense. I'd throw in all three of Portland's draft picks to make it work.

ewing
02-16-2017, 11:13 PM
How quickly they turn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valade16
02-16-2017, 11:42 PM
Why? I said a combination of Wiggins LaVine and/or Dieng. That doesn't mean all three.
I think something like Dieng and Wiggins for McCollum and Harkless would be fair. McCollum is better than Wiggins until proven otherwise.

If I'm Portland I don't do that trade. Probably the best asset is coming off injury.

JasonJohnHorn
02-16-2017, 11:44 PM
I was against giving Jackson that deal to start with. I was impressed with how he played with the team that first half season, but given his past play, I thought that was too small a sample size. Other Pistons fans jumped down my throat about that, but my attitude was that if you are going to pay a third tier player first tier money, you setting yourself up for long-term failure.

Drummond is a bit of a disappointment this year in terms of defensive impact, but I feel like he still has a lot to offer. If he were getting starting minutes, which he should be, he'd be leading the league in rebounding.

SVG was a bad signing to start with. Giving him that much control was a mistake. I had to hear it from other Pistons fans that he was an improvement over Joe D., and that he was on the right path, and yes, SVG made a couple of deft moves at first, but he, unlike Dumars, was given permission by the front office to take a step back, whereas Dumars was essentially told he either had to get them in a winning position immediately, or lose his job. That's going to push your GM/Pres to make bad moves.

SVG hasn't proven he is any better.

If he's going t dump Jackson and Drummond, that means revamping the entire team and starting fro scratch, which I'm fine with if the current roster has no winning potential, but if the GM has to do that after three years into his tenure, and put the team right back where they had started, then there really wasn't any point in bringing him in in the first place.

I'm hopeful if he does make a move that it will be a good one, but I'm not holding my breath.

ewing
02-17-2017, 01:11 AM
Seems a pretty glaring statement against two players the franchise was saying were cornerstones just last year. Wow.

Also not really the best way to get them to be happy and play hard for the team and maximize their trade value.

I agree. I really liked watching this team last year. I get that they aren't ideally constructed but that can't always happen and they seem to fit. I've also always like Reggie. IDK, i haven't seen either guy everyday and sometimes that really matters. I was a huge Arron Affolo fan until i saw him every day. even though he was past his best days i saw why he was probably never going to be the player i thought he could be.

Quinnsanity
02-17-2017, 02:41 AM
I feel like if the Lakers keep their pick a Drummond trade makes sense for them. Center is their glaring long term hole. I'm not sure there's a superstar out of a Russell-Clarkson-Ingram-Randle-Drummond lineup, but that could be five really damn good players.

mrblisterdundee
02-18-2017, 02:19 AM

Bill Simmons believes:

Chicago trades Jimmy Butler and Michael Carter-Williams’s expiring to Portland for Damian Lillard. (WHO SAYS NO???)
- Bill Simmons, The Ringer (https://theringer.com/the-trade-deadline-mailbag-3c2e2444e604#.mbtbsfcab)

Wade n Fade
02-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Bill Simmons believes:

Bill Simmons is a moron if he thinks Portland trades Lillard. Portland shouldn't move anyone from their starting backcourt.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-18-2017, 02:03 PM
Not sure what the Blazers would cough up for Drummond. Yeah Blazers got 3 first round picks. So that could get the talks started. But if Blazers backcourt is untouchable. Not much else on the roster but over paid guys. Crabbe and Turner are over paid. Also got other dead weight contracts. Not sure what the salary filler would be if Blazers offer up them picks. My guess if Pistons can get a haul for Jackson the they may also try and get a haul for Drummond and reload next years draft. If they bottom out, if trading both then they could land a top 5 PG. Then the assets and picks they get trading both Drummond and Jackson. They could reload quickly if they play their cards right.

Wade n Fade
02-18-2017, 02:30 PM
Not sure what the Blazers would cough up for Drummond. Yeah Blazers got 3 first round picks. So that could get the talks started. But if Blazers backcourt is untouchable. Not much else on the roster but over paid guys. Crabbe and Turner are over paid. Also got other dead weight contracts. Not sure what the salary filler would be if Blazers offer up them picks. My guess if Pistons can get a haul for Jackson the they may also try and get a haul for Drummond and reload next years draft. If they bottom out, if trading both then they could land a top 5 PG. Then the assets and picks they get trading both Drummond and Jackson. They could reload quickly if they play their cards right.

Nurkic (if eligible to be traded) or Ezeli, picks, Crabbe, Vonleh, Ed Davis are options to choose from. Basically it's a package of assets, but nothing that will amount to having a Drummond on your squad unless you draft well.

Blink
02-18-2017, 03:19 PM
If Plumlee was still there id glady talk a drummond deal. I love his game.

Pfeifer
02-18-2017, 03:26 PM
I wonder if a deal centered around JV for Drummond would work.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Didn't Magic offer up Vuc and a first for Dragic? Pat said no since they had a center in Whiteside. I could see Magic maybe offering up same deal and maybe a little more. Or get a third team involved if Pistons don't want Vuc.

mrblisterdundee
02-18-2017, 03:35 PM
Bill Simmons is a moron if he thinks Portland trades Lillard. Portland shouldn't move anyone from their starting backcourt.

I see you're another true believer.
Everyone knows how great Lillard and McCollum are on offense. But they are statistically about the worst back court duo in the NBA on defense. They're one-way players, and it shows in Portland's defense and lottery bound status. Only a fool wouldn't be open to trading one of them, if it could significantly help Portland's defense. We have three shooting guards right now making nearly $60 million a season combined. If Crabbe can make $18.7 million a season, then he can probably try starting.

Tg11
02-18-2017, 08:33 PM
Drummond as our center on the Celtics...imagine him, Horford and Thomas

5ass
02-19-2017, 08:16 AM
Didn't Magic offer up Vuc and a first for Dragic? Pat said no since they had a center in Whiteside. I could see Magic maybe offering up same deal and maybe a little more. Or get a third team involved if Pistons don't want Vuc.

Not sure if the Magic offered Vuc and a first for Dragic. Even if they did, we dont know what the protections on that first would've been. Anyway the Stein rumour is Augustine and Green for Jackson. Vucevic and the pick aren't involved. That pick is looking close to top 5. Vucevic AND a top 5 pick is way too much for an injured Reggie Jackson. I'm okay with the Magic trading for Jackson for DJ and Green, but I hope they sit him out for the rest of the year. The Magic need a high pick and Jackson needs to heal his injuries and come back 100% next year. I also would want the Magic to trade Vucevic, Payton and Fournier. Not a good fit with Reggie. Trade Biyombo too if you can dump him for expiring contracts.

Tg11
02-19-2017, 10:20 AM
Reggie Jackson for him teams that I could see him on...there's New Orleans, Phoenix, Milwaukee, Chicago, Miami, Orlando being the frontrunner and possibly even the Lakers

As for Drummond teams I could see him on are the Celtics consider me biased because I am a Celtics fan, Drummond I could even see him on the Raptors believe it or not, Lakers for sure, OKC even, Mavs or even the Rockets

Blink
02-19-2017, 11:47 AM
Not sure if the Magic offered Vuc and a first for Dragic. Even if they did, we dont know what the protections on that first would've been. Anyway the Stein rumour is Augustine and Green for Jackson. Vucevic and the pick aren't involved. That pick is looking close to top 5. Vucevic AND a top 5 pick is way too much for an injured Reggie Jackson. I'm okay with the Magic trading for Jackson for DJ and Green, but I hope they sit him out for the rest of the year. The Magic need a high pick and Jackson needs to heal his injuries and come back 100% next year. I also would want the Magic to trade Vucevic, Payton and Fournier. Not a good fit with Reggie. Trade Biyombo too if you can dump him for expiring contracts.

Im telling you if you guys buy low on Jackson (DJ & Green with no picks included) next season you will be clear cut winners of the trade.

Will also help Rob make up from the Tobias for Jennings/Ilyasova

Tg11
02-19-2017, 11:49 AM
If Jackson ends up in Orlando where does Drummond end up? Where does he land?