PDA

View Full Version : Love out 6 weeks

ewing
02-14-2017, 02:01 PM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/244902/Kevin-Love-Out-Six-Weeks-With-Minor-Left-Knee-Surgery

Hawkeye15
02-14-2017, 02:03 PM
luckily all star weekend will cut into it. As long as he gets back to game shape by playoffs, that is all that matters.

Sactown
02-14-2017, 02:03 PM
He's faking it so he doesn't get traded 😂

tredigs
02-14-2017, 02:38 PM
If Ibaka can channel his 29 year old self defensively, a toned down post-op Love could make the Raptors/Cavs series something worth watching at the very least.

mightybosstone
02-14-2017, 02:48 PM
Cleveland could be in serious danger of losing that No. 1 seed. Ultimately I don't think seeding matters that much, but it certainly won't do them any favors, especially since the East is a lot stronger at the top of the conference than it has been in years past.

Vee-Rex
02-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Arthroscopic knee surgery, which is typically a 4-6 week recovery time.

I'm glad it wasn't more serious and hopefully he'll be ready for the playoffs (8 weeks away). He could play himself back into game shape in the last 2 weeks, maybe even the 1st round of the playoffs.

Honestly, without Love I think we win the East anyway. Same with the 1st seed. The problem is we are missing Love + JR + Shumpert. The only true big men (PF/C) we have on the entire roster are Thompson and Frye, and both were naturally power forwards.

Sam Amico just reported that ownership gave us the green light to increase our payroll/tax.

https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/831550391930191874?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The key for us is to hunker down, get more depth, and be healthy for the playoffs. We may or may not lose the 1st seed (I doubt it) but even if we do I don't really care.

tredigs
02-14-2017, 03:13 PM
Arthroscopic knee surgery, which is typically a 4-6 week recovery time.

I'm glad it wasn't more serious and hopefully he'll be ready for the playoffs (8 weeks away). He could play himself back into game shape in the last 2 weeks, maybe even the 1st round of the playoffs.

Honestly, without Love I think we win the East anyway. Same with the 1st seed. The problem is we are missing Love + JR + Shumpert. The only true big men (PF/C) we have on the entire roster are Thompson and Frye, and both were naturally power forwards.

Sam Amico just reported that ownership gave us the green light to increase our payroll/tax.

https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/831550391930191874?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The key for us is to hunker down, get more depth, and be healthy for the playoffs. We may or may not lose the 1st seed (I doubt it) but even if we do I don't really care.

What about the issue of Bron's minutes? Surely this is a blow to their ability to decrease that while maintaining pace. A fatigued 'Bron come playoff time is just what the doctor ordered for all their foes.

NYKnickFanatic
02-14-2017, 03:23 PM
So who replaces him in the ASG?

GiantsSwaGG
02-14-2017, 03:27 PM
He's made of glass

Vee-Rex
02-14-2017, 03:30 PM
What about the issue of Bron's minutes? Surely this is a blow to their ability to decrease that while maintaining pace. A fatigued 'Bron come playoff time is just what the doctor ordered for all their foes.

Truthfully, we've had injury issues all year which is why LeBron's minutes are as high as they are now.

LeBron went nova in the playoffs for the past two years despite averaging 35.6 and 36.1 for those years. He's at 37.6 this year but if we can get it down to 36.5'ish along with more rest days, I won't be worried. Ideally, we'd want lower but I don't think 36.5mpg would prevent him from going nova in the playoffs again.

tredigs
02-14-2017, 04:05 PM
Truthfully, we've had injury issues all year which is why LeBron's minutes are as high as they are now.

LeBron went nova in the playoffs for the past two years despite averaging 35.6 and 36.1 for those years. He's at 37.6 this year but if we can get it down to 36.5'ish along with more rest days, I won't be worried. Ideally, we'd want lower but I don't think 36.5mpg would prevent him from going nova in the playoffs again.
He's only sat a few games though right? Last year he sat six and the year before 13 with the Miami vacation and all that. More minutes, more games and a year older after a long playoff run could be troublesome for him, especially if they don't get HCA throughout the East and have a tougher road this year. We shall see.

Vee-Rex
02-14-2017, 04:23 PM
He's only sat a few games though right? Last year he sat six and the year before 13 with the Miami vacation and all that. More minutes, more games and a year older after a long playoff run could be troublesome for him, especially if they don't get HCA throughout the East and have a tougher road this year. We shall see.

Probably so. I definitely want something to change regarding his minutes.

I will say this: the LeBron we saw in the finals was a tad bit more insane than the one we saw in the eastern conference. In 2014-15, we saw a similar LeBron in the ECF with no Love and an extremely hobbled Irving vs. the Hawks. He went ham in that series.

He's a year older but (aside from the turnovers) he looks just as good in this year's regular season as he did in last year's (actually better). I'm just not too concerned about some sort of sharp decline in the playoffs, especially not enough that would cause us to lose a series in the eastern conference.

tredigs
02-14-2017, 04:55 PM
Probably so. I definitely want something to change regarding his minutes.

I will say this: the LeBron we saw in the finals was a tad bit more insane than the one we saw in the eastern conference. In 2014-15, we saw a similar LeBron in the ECF with no Love and an extremely hobbled Irving vs. the Hawks. He went ham in that series.

He's a year older but (aside from the turnovers) he looks just as good in this year's regular season as he did in last year's (actually better). I'm just not too concerned about some sort of sharp decline in the playoffs, especially not enough that would cause us to lose a series in the eastern conference.

Definitely not expecting a sharp decline by any means. But in a series that already went down to the last minute of a game 7, these things probably add up. I don't know, my first thought to this was just, "damn, and the minutes were already an issue, losing one of the big 3 is not going to help". That said, Love should be healthier and fresher than everybody come the Finals should they make it.

BKLYNpigeon
02-14-2017, 05:00 PM
Bad News for the Cavs. You never know how they come back post surgery. Back and Knee injuries for a big man is No Bueno.

Tristian and Frye are the Cavs only Big Men on roster....

IKnowHoops
02-14-2017, 05:13 PM
Bad News for the Cavs. You never know how they come back post surgery. Back and Knee injuries for a big man is No Bueno.

Hmmm, coupled with the news that the front office gave them the green light to spend more money...I can see Melo getting over to Cleveland now.

GiantsSwaGG
02-14-2017, 05:15 PM
Hmmm, coupled with the news that the front office gave them the green light to spend more money...I can see Melo getting over to Cleveland now.

NOPE, Too late should of traded for Melo when they had the chance. Didn't want Love not it's definitely a no go

NYKnickFanatic
02-14-2017, 08:51 PM
NOPE, Too late should of traded for Melo when they had the chance. Didn't want Love not it's definitely a no go

Nah, I could definitely see the Knicks trading Melo for an injured Love, while giving up a 1st as well. Lol

FlashBolt
02-14-2017, 08:58 PM
Just trade Love, man. It'll be a Warriors vs Cavs matchup and I'm still not convinced Love can handle the Warriors style of ball. But then again, Love fits better against the Spurs/Clippers so I'm not sure how Cavs are going to handle this. They need to make some moves quick. J.R. won't be back in a month and LeBron+Kyrie can't be playing 40+ minutes.

Scoots
02-15-2017, 09:24 AM

LeBron will get more time at the 4.

SteBO
02-15-2017, 10:01 AM
LeBron will get more time at the 4.
He should be spending more time at the 4 anyway.....he's a mismatch there.