PDA

View Full Version : Rank the rising young PF/C's

Giannis94
02-14-2017, 10:45 AM
Saw someone comment in another thread and thought it may be an interesting discussion.

Drummond
Myles Turner
Porzy
Embiid
Gobert
KAT
AD (23 years old)
Jokic

Notes:

Embiid is a wild card here. Can't stay on the court and he is a legitimate concern going forward
Unfortunately, due to the dismay of many users on here, I have not included Giannis as he his not a PF/C. He is a hybrid--pointhandler.

ZN- You can just put jokic #1 and leave the thread. No need to troll- in advance.

Anyone I am missing? Will edit if I am.

DanG
02-14-2017, 11:10 AM
1. KAT
2. Davis
3. Embiid
4. Jokic
5. Porzingis
6. Gobert
7. Drummond
8. Turner

My ranking is based on who I would want on my team for the next several years. I'm taking KAT over Embiid & AD just because of their injury concern.

Giannis94
02-14-2017, 11:13 AM
1. KAT
2. Davis
3. Embiid
4. Jokic
5. Porzingis
6. Gobert
7. Drummond
8. Turner

My ranking is based on who I would want on my team for the next several years. I'm taking KAT over Embiid & AD just because of their injury concern.

I would be tempted to put Embiid as NA or "other" until he proves he can stay on the court. Not even trolling, just being serious.

tp13baby
02-14-2017, 12:45 PM
Right now

AD-allstar number 1 option on nearly any team
KAT- said he would be better than Okafor, and he is proving it easily. Just better than anyone else listed below
Jokic-Defensively he is no rim protector but underrated overall, offensively the most dynamic player here.
Embiid-Great season but the dude doesn't play back to backs and is probably going to finish just north of 41 games. Health is still a concern, otherwise he would be higher
Gobert-Outside of Whiteside there isn't a more intimidating presence in my opinon
Drummond-Defensive force, rebounding.
Turner-really solid on both ends of the court has me picking him over porzingas
Porzingas- has to do with Melo and Porzingas is not good defensively

Future-
AD-still think he will be the best out of this group
KAT-if he improves defensively which he will, I could consider him over Davis.
Embiid- health puts him 3rd, still upside is arguably the highest
Porzingas- ton of potential.
Jokic- may be the best overall offensive guy on the list by the end, defense will probably never be great, good is the goal.
Gobert-don't see him developing an offensive game, good offense beats good defense.
Turner-special kid, there is one piece around PG13
Drummond- hasn't shown a ton of progression.

Jets012
02-14-2017, 01:15 PM
Going Forward:
KAT - Stud. He won't have a single flaw
AD - Fantastic player, but I question the defense. He puts up volume stats too. Impact not as large as boxscore seems.
Jokic - This guy is a stud. Smart, skilled. Great defender. He'll be on AD's level.
Embiid - Very skilled. Durability concerns however.
Gobert - DPOY caliber. Offensive game won't be great, but it is better than Drummond's.
Drummond - Great defender and rebounder. Terrible offensive player.
Turner - He'll be similar to Porzingis. Solid player, but never a top tier guy. Good shooter, nice skill.
Porzingis - Disappointing. Has some skill, but I think he's clearly worse than the first 5. Very overrated.

DanG
02-14-2017, 02:19 PM
Going Forward:
KAT - Stud. He won't have a single flaw
AD - Fantastic player, but I question the defense. He puts up volume stats too. Impact not as large as boxscore seems.
Jokic - This guy is a stud. Smart, skilled. Great defender. He'll be on AD's level.
Embiid - Very skilled. Durability concerns however.
Gobert - DPOY caliber. Offensive game won't be great, but it is better than Drummond's.
Drummond - Great defender and rebounder. Terrible offensive player.
Turner - He'll be similar to Porzingis. Solid player, but never a top tier guy. Good shooter, nice skill.
Porzingis - Disappointing. Has some skill, but I think he's clearly worse than the first 5. Very overrated.

How in the world is Porzingis disappointing?

Porzingis has all the tools to be a GREAT defender
Gobert is and probably will be one of the best defenders.

But offensively Gobert will likely stay mediocre whereas Porzingis has a chance to be Dirk like.

dhopisthename
02-14-2017, 03:06 PM
1. Davis
2. KAT-
3. Jokic
4. Embiid
5. Porzingis
6. Gobert
7. Drummond
8. Turner

its nearly impossible to rank Embiid. he could be #1 or #8. I think ranking Gobert is nearly as hard because he carries a bunch of mediocre defenders to the 2nd best defensive ranking. He is also better on offense then people think, but he isn't a guy that you can just give the ball to and expect him to win the game.

kingsdelez24
02-14-2017, 04:49 PM
Jokic>KAT. Towns is so athletic compared to Jokic but Jokic seemingly has better BBall IQ. Everything he does looks so effortless

FlashBolt
02-14-2017, 07:31 PM
KAT
AD
Jokic
Gobert
Porzingis
Embiid
Turner
Drummond

Embiid's health is a huge concern. I like Drummond but he's severely limited. KAT+AD+JOKIC can pretty much do everything on the court at this point. Gobert is an elite defender and rebounder. I like Porzingis but he doesn't look like he's better than those above him.

zn23
02-14-2017, 07:59 PM
1. AD
2. Jokic
3. KAT
4. Embiid
5. Gobert
6. Drummond
7. Porzingis
8. Turner

Scoots
02-14-2017, 09:27 PM
Gobert's offense is underrated. He's the best interior defender and his offense is better than DeAndre's.

I think it depends on what team you are going to put them on which is most valuable. If Gobert was on the Warriors it would be devastating even though he doesn't have the offense of 5 of the other guys on the list while Jokic on the Warriors his scoring would drop a lot (his passing would fit on any team).

HeartOfStarks
02-14-2017, 09:32 PM
As a Knicks fan I obviously watch them a lot closer than non-Knicks fans, but I can easily tell on this thread that you guys who are rating him so low aren't really aware of our situation when you call him "disappointing" etc.

At 21 he's already one of the best rim protectors % wise in the league (look it up) and his offensive game will only get better (but he's extremely skilled on that end).

The issue is the Knicks suck, and have two ball dominant "stars" (note the quotes) in Rose and Melo.

Pretty much every single game KP is the only + in real plus minus on the team, and honestly out of all these guys listed here (outside of AD & Embiid who are both unfortunately extremely injury prone), KP I would say has the highest two way potential.

Yeah Towns looks great on O, as does Jokic, but both those guys leave a LOT to be desired on the defensive end. In terms of being a legit rim protector KP is lightyears ahead of both of them.

Anyway all these guys on this list have great potential, good to see a return of the skilled big man in the NBA. Just saying in terms of two way potential, KP is ahead of most of these guys on this list.

Hopefully the Knicks don't resign Rose and are actually able to trade Melo for a pick or prospect and we can rebuild around KP (and Willy to a lesser extent) and I think the "disappointing" label will evaporate pretty quickly.

(Oh yeah KP was also playing through an injury/recovery all through January if some of you were not aware)..

On a final note I will just say that I was damn impressed with Jokic in the game against the Knicks last week. He's not much of a defender but his O is extremely extremely legit. Denver could have a bright future building around him.

cheetos185
02-14-2017, 09:39 PM
Will be interesting to look at this list couple of years from now I believe in KP he's going to make you guys eat crow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

tp13baby
02-14-2017, 10:18 PM
Gobert's offense is underrated. He's the best interior defender and his offense is better than DeAndre's.

I think it depends on what team you are going to put them on which is most valuable. If Gobert was on the Warriors it would be devastating even though he doesn't have the offense of 5 of the other guys on the list while Jokic on the Warriors his scoring would drop a lot (his passing would fit on any team).

Just curious what makes Gobert's offense underrated. 0-3 feet he is near 80 percent while 3-10 feet he is at 15 percent.

FlashBolt
02-14-2017, 10:21 PM

Which center doesn't have a better offensive game than DeAndre, though? Probably only a handful. If DeAndre could get some sort of offense going for him, he'd make the Clippers ten times better. Agree with Gobert. He's an amazing talent.

IndyRealist
02-15-2017, 12:19 AM
While I would put Turner near the bottom of that list, I wouldn't trade him at this point for anyone else on the list, either. He's on a rookie deal for 2 more years and his skillset is so unique. It's entirely possible he's the best shooter on the Pacers.

More-Than-Most
02-15-2017, 12:44 AM
1. Davis
2. KAT-
3. Jokic
4. Embiid
5. Porzingis
6. Gobert
7. Drummond
8. Turner

We ride or die with Embiid and if healthy is by far number 1... But I like others need to see him remain healthy.

mrblisterdundee
02-15-2017, 12:48 AM
Saw someone comment in another thread and thought it may be an interesting discussion.

Drummond
Myles Turner
Porzy
Embiid
Gobert
KAT
AD (23 years old)
Jokic

Notes:

Embiid is a wild card here. Can't stay on the court and he is a legitimate concern going forward
Unfortunately, due to the dismay of many users on here, I have not included Giannis as he his not a PF/C. He is a hybrid--pointhandler.

ZN- You can just put jokic #1 and leave the thread. No need to troll- in advance.

Anyone I am missing? Will edit if I am.

I'll take "rising" to mean that they haven't become an all-star yet. Even a young all-star has risen:

1. Towns
2. Embiid
3. Jokic
4. Gobert
5. Porzingis
6. Turner
7. Barnes
8. Parker
9. Noel
10. Randle

P.S.: Embiid is going to have to miss a lot more time before I'll take him off my lists ó same with Parker, but to a lesser extent. Cauley-Stein should make the list, but he's been buried behind Cousins. Seriously; someone get him out of Sacramento and into a starting lineup.

Giannis94
02-15-2017, 12:59 AM
1. Davis
2. KAT-
3. Jokic
4. Embiid
5. Porzingis
6. Gobert
7. Drummond
8. Turner

We ride or die with Embiid and if healthy is by far number 1... But I like others need to see him remain healthy.

Congrats!

jon32
02-15-2017, 01:23 AM
1. Jokic
2. KAT
3. Davis
4. Embiid
5. Simmons
6. Porzingis
7. Gobert
8. Drummond
9. Parker
10. Maker

Giannis94
02-15-2017, 09:31 AM
1. Jokic
2. KAT
3. Davis
4. Embiid
5. Simmons
6. Porzingis
7. Gobert
8. Drummond
9. Parker
10. Maker

I'll jusr assume you're trolling me, but I think 3 years from now that Maker will be on this list. I also see Parker being a danny granger with less upside than maker.

jon32
02-15-2017, 01:31 PM
Not trolling. Really think Makers going to be a great player......Parker too

DanG
02-15-2017, 01:55 PM
I would be tempted to put Embiid as NA or "other" until he proves he can stay on the court. Not even trolling, just being serious.

Yes, bet he's not going to play anymore this season. Looks like Ben Simmons has been healthy for a while now too, but probably won't play. Noel, Jah play limited minutes. Lakers and Sixers are two teams being managed by some dumb****s, completely ruined the whole season for me.

Giannis94
02-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Yes, bet he's not going to play anymore this season. Looks like Ben Simmons has been healthy for a while now too, but probably won't play. Noel, Jah play limited minutes. Lakers and Sixers are two teams being managed by some dumb****s, completely ruined the whole season for me.

I honestly feel lik the Lakers need to shut down all the players that help them win games. I get their issues, but if you lose the pick to Philly your entire season is wasted.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-15-2017, 02:19 PM
Maker is a stud. Also with Parker injury Maker actually been getting minutes now. Other wise Kidd kept giving Maker DNP-CD's most of the season. Other then garbage time of 1 or 2 minutes in blow outs. Maker already better then Telly and Henson. Yeah Maker needs to bulk up but excellent basketball IQ and elite 3 point shooter already. Moves well on the floor for a big man. No slow plodder. High motor. Willing to learn. Sets picks well and great in the pick and pop with Giannis. Sheriff is a beast in my book. Also helps Plumlee was dumped and Kidd hasn't played Hawes or Hibbert yet. .484% from downtown in 31 attempts. Small sample size but I like the kid. I wouldn't trade him.

Heediot
02-15-2017, 02:28 PM
1. Towns
2. Jokic
3. AD
4. Embiid (#1 if he can stay healthy)
5. Porzingis
6. Gobert
7. Drummond
8. Turner

Vinny642
02-17-2017, 12:16 AM
No love for Giannis Antetokounmpo?

ewing
02-17-2017, 12:26 AM
I hate be MTM but if i am starting a team I take first Embiid and pray he stays healthy b/c i'm pretty sure he can be MVP of the league.

mrblisterdundee
02-18-2017, 02:08 AM
Bill Simmons seems to be pretty high on Jokic:

"We donít know if Giannis or Porzingis by themselves will guarantee their teams 50-plus wins one day. And we still donít know if Embiid can play 30 straight games, much less stay healthy for five straight seasons. But we KNOW the Nuggets could build something special around Jokicís passing and playmaking. Weíve seen it happen before: Jack Ramsay built the í77 Blazers around Walton, Rick Adelman built those memorable Kings teams around C-Webb and Vlade, and the Soviets built their offense around Sabonis during the Cold War."
- Bill Simmons, The Ringer (https://theringer.com/the-trade-deadline-mailbag-3c2e2444e604#.mbtbsfcab)

ewing
02-18-2017, 02:30 AM
I agree about the Jokic thing. He looks great. I haven't seen close to enough to decide on him but dude sees/fees the floor in a pretty special way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giannis94
02-18-2017, 04:39 PM
No love for Giannis Antetokounmpo?

I decided not to include him because he is more of a point-hybrid, and the thread would go to **** in 5 posts if I did.

I have not included Giannis as he his not a PF/C. He is a hybrid--pointhandler.

FlashBolt
02-18-2017, 08:43 PM
1) Giannis has underperformed when it matters. That's the next level he needs to take. Dude literally goes MIA offensively at weird stretches of the game and just refuses to take over offensively. He certainly has the ability to do so but it might be a confidence problem. Plus, he's getting a crapload of hate here because you're making it difficult to like him.
2) Jokic is incredible, man. I picked this dude up from Fantasy and have been trying to keep up with every game of his. His ability to run the floor and make some incredible passes just comes way too easy for a 21 year old. His game is far more advanced than Porzingis and a few others guy. I feel Porzingis hasn't developed much the past year. His game seems the same whereas I'm seeing huge improvement from Giannis and Jokic right now.

Tg11
02-18-2017, 08:44 PM
Embiid, Porzingis, Jokic and Towns for me

FlashBolt
02-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Embiid, Porzingis, Jokic and Towns for me

Weird that some are taking Embiid over Towns. Towns is one healthy tank and has performed better. Younger too. Not sure why Embiid is getting so much praise when this dude is not active for half the games..

IndyRealist
02-18-2017, 08:54 PM
and the Soviets built their offense around Sabonis during the Cold War."
The Soviets built their offense around mobile ICBMs and 43 Delta class ballistic submarines during the Cold War.

ewing
02-19-2017, 07:19 AM
Weird that some are taking Embiid over Towns. Towns is one healthy tank and has performed better. Younger too. Not sure why Embiid is getting so much praise when this dude is not active for half the games..

He's really good at basketball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk