PDA

View Full Version : Would Sacramento Pelicans win the title this year?

OlivaThor
02-13-2017, 05:10 PM
PG Jrue Holiday, Darren Collison
SG Arron Afflalo, Buddy Hield, Ben McLemore
SF Matt Barnes, Tyreke Evans
PF Anthony Davis, Donatas Motiejunas, Terrence Jones
C DeMarcus Cousins, Willie Cauley-Stein

GiantsSwaGG
02-13-2017, 05:11 PM
I like Pepperoni Pizza

NFLAccess
02-13-2017, 05:13 PM
no

Dade County
02-13-2017, 05:21 PM
Not a chance...

You should change the title too, Would Sacramento Pelicans make the WCF this year?

OlivaThor
02-13-2017, 05:29 PM
Good idea. GSW are probably too much for everyone this year.

mrblisterdundee
02-13-2017, 06:42 PM
PG Jrue Holiday, Darren Collison
SG Arron Afflalo, Buddy Hield, Ben McLemore
SF Matt Barnes, Tyreke Evans
PF Anthony Davis, Donatas Motiejunas, Terrence Jones
C DeMarcus Cousins, Willie Cauley-Stein

Anthony and Davis would make a good pairing, but are you kidding me? They don't even have three legitimate stars. It's never certain whether Holiday can handle an entire season, much less Davis.

Vee-Rex
02-13-2017, 06:54 PM
Nope. Sacramento Pelicans stand no chance.

How about the Houston Jazz?

Hill/Beverly/Mack
Harden/Gordon/Johnson
Hayward/Hood/Ariza
Favors/Anderson/Harrell
Gobert/Capela/Nene

With George Hill, Harden moves back to the SG position. Can this team beat the Warriors?

Dade County
02-13-2017, 07:41 PM

Hill/Beverly/Mack
Harden/Gordon/Johnson
Hayward/Hood/Ariza
Favors/Anderson/Harrell
Gobert/Capela/Nene

With George Hill, Harden moves back to the SG position. Can this team beat the Warriors?

No...

Harden needs to be the pg, & they need to play small, Gobert can protect the paint; when and if he gets into foul trouble, then you can bring in a more traditional lineup (strong 2nd unit).

Harden
Gordon or Ariza
Hayward
Anderson
Gobert

Not saying there is anything wrong with your starting 5, it's very solid, it's just that too beat the Warriors you have to be able to score in your starting unit; and your bench have to be able to out play GS, since they lost their depth.

mrblisterdundee
02-13-2017, 08:02 PM

Hill/Beverly/Mack
Harden/Gordon/Johnson
Hayward/Hood/Ariza
Favors/Anderson/Harrell
Gobert/Capela/Nene

Harden does not move from point guard for anyone. Hill would do fine at shooting guard. He's slightly bigger and just as dependable on defense as Bradley is for the Celtics.
I think the Salt Lake Rockets could take the Warriors. You're taking the superb defense of the Jazz and combining it with the scorching offense of the Rockets. They can match the Warriors big or small. Look at what Harden has done with the keys in Houston, then add in all the potential of the Jazz.

tredigs
02-13-2017, 08:27 PM
I watched last nights Kings/Pels game closely. It's unbelievable how inept these two squads are to be honest. The title. Lmfao. I would be SHOCKED if that team got out of the 2nd round.

Kings Faithful
02-13-2017, 09:08 PM
I watched last nights Kings/Pels game closely. It's unbelievable how inept these two squads are to be honest. The title. Lmfao. I would be SHOCKED if that team got out of the 2nd round.

I'm not saying we are world beaters but you can't watch a single game for either team and call them "inept". Would you have said we were a championship team if you watched us beat the Warriors and the Cavs a a few games ago?

Kings Faithful
02-13-2017, 09:09 PM
Also you are missing Ty Lawson, Garrett Temple, and Kosta Koufas from our squad, all solid players this year.... and Rudy Gay unless you don't count him due to injury.

Cracka2HI!
02-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Good God, I can't believe how bad those teams are. I was thinking of course they would win it with Davis and Cousins but honestly that's hardly even a playoff team.

Alayla
02-14-2017, 01:06 AM
[QUOTE=Cracka2HI!;31460548]Good God, I can't believe how bad those teams are. I was thinking of course they would win it with Davis and Cousins but honestly that's hardly even a playoff team.[/QUOTE

Between Jrue Davis and Cousins they are certainally at least a middling playoff team maybe even a good one assuming good health.

Alayla
02-14-2017, 01:09 AM
Also you are missing Ty Lawson, Garrett Temple, and Kosta Koufas from our squad, all solid players this year.... and Rudy Gay unless you don't count him due to injury.

yup xD think he was going for a 12 man active rotation though only.

Alayla
02-14-2017, 01:12 AM
I'm going with maybe on WFC the talent is there the question is the chemistry.

eso
02-14-2017, 07:32 AM
I would put the OKC Pelicans at the top of the bunch.

Adams
AD
Whoever
Whoever
Westy

Game over.

Cracka2HI!
02-14-2017, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=Cracka2HI!;31460548]Good God, I can't believe how bad those teams are. I was thinking of course they would win it with Davis and Cousins but honestly that's hardly even a playoff team.[/QUOTE

Between Jrue Davis and Cousins they are certainally at least a middling playoff team maybe even a good one assuming good health.

Yeah they'd be the 8th seed this year but with the amount of time Holiday and Davis miss I'm not sure they could get the 7 seed. In a normal year they could miss the playoffs depending on health imo.

tredigs
02-14-2017, 06:13 PM
I'm not saying we are world beaters but you can't watch a single game for either team and call them "inept". Would you have said we were a championship team if you watched us beat the Warriors and the Cavs a a few games ago?

I did watch them beat the Cavs and Warriors, and watch the Kings often (sadly, because they are honestly very tough to watch) as they are the "home team" where I currently live. Talent wise sure, these teams combined would have a legit squad (at the top), but they would still be undisciplined and still make far too many mental mistakes to compete with the Warriors/Cavs/Spurs in a series.

ewing
02-15-2017, 04:05 AM
I don't think they make the playoffs