PDA

View Full Version : Who will be closer to Jordan on the ATL? Lebron or Durant?

RocketLoc80
02-13-2017, 02:29 PM
20 years from now who will be look at as the more dominant complete player close to Jordan?

RateSports
02-13-2017, 02:37 PM
20 years from now who will be look at as the more dominant complete player close to Jordan?

Dude.

Delete your account.

RocketLoc80
02-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Its a legit question since Durant will be better than Lebron when he wins the title and up there with Jordan

HandsOnTheWheel
02-13-2017, 02:43 PM
You suck.

ManRam
02-13-2017, 02:47 PM
KD has a lot of prime years ahead of him but he's already drastically behind where LeBron was when LeBron was KD's current age. I don't get what KD has suddenly done this year, besides joining a 73-win team, that has people all of a sudden so eager to put KD on LeBron's all-time level. It's weird.

RateSports
02-13-2017, 02:54 PM
Its a legit question since Durant will be better than Lebron when he wins the title and up there with Jordan

We differ on the definition of "legit" then.

You are basically saying when Durant wins his FIRST title on a team that had 73 wins WITHOUT him, that he is "up there with Jordan". Are you under 12 years old or are you on drugs?

I refuse to believe you could be sane and say something so insane.

papipapsmanny
02-13-2017, 03:01 PM
Its some what of a legit question if you assume championships... Say Lebron doesn't win anymore, and KD ends up with 3.....

Then it becomes a legit debate, as KD I woul say is the better scorer, and equal rebounder, but definitely less of a facilitator than Lebron.

You can't hold a Warriors ship against him and not do so for Lebron, with Miami, especially in the East. That would be such a double standard

ManRam
02-13-2017, 03:03 PM
We put such higher expectations and demands on LeBron in Cleveland than we ever did KD. We never treated him like the caliber of star we treated LeBron. He's behind in more ways than one. LeBron's star has always shone brighter.

valade16
02-13-2017, 03:08 PM
Its some what of a legit question if you assume championships... Say Lebron doesn't win anymore, and KD ends up with 3.....

Then it becomes a legit debate, as KD I woul say is the better scorer, and equal rebounder, but definitely less of a facilitator than Lebron.

You can't hold a Warriors ship against him and not do so for Lebron, with Miami, especially in the East. That would be such a double standard

Why not? Miami did not win the title without LeBron and LeBron was clearly the best player on the team.

The Warriors have already won a title and Curry is at least KD's equal.

The situations are not comparable.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-13-2017, 03:08 PM
I find it hilarious that people are still comparing James going to Miami and Durant hopping on the warriors already stacked roster.

^ +1

krazylegz
02-13-2017, 03:13 PM
fake news

NJBASEBALL22
02-13-2017, 03:14 PM
this is stupid... Jordan was the main piece (Durant is as well, as too Lebron) but those Bulls teams were built as Jordan was there. Lebron's Heat was built centered around the big 3, however, we can all agree that Lebron was the best/main player. KD, though the best player on the Warriors, joined a team that is coming off of 73 wins and back to back finals and 1 championship- as well as joining a player that is the back to back MVP.

Jordan had the weakest supporting cast but his team probably beats the Warriors and Heat easy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
02-13-2017, 03:14 PM
Why not? Miami did not win the title without LeBron and LeBron was clearly the best player on the team.

The Warriors have already won a title and Curry is at least KD's equal.

The situations are not comparable.
D Wade and an old Shaq one a championship before Lebron teamed up with Bosh and Wade in Mia. East was/is still a cake walk compared to the west.

mightybosstone
02-13-2017, 03:15 PM
Can a mod please close this thread? This guy keeps doing this. He just poses a generic question that starts a huge feud between the pro and anti-Lebron posters, and he never has anything of substance to say. He's just the ultimate troll, and this crap is getting obnoxious.

NJBASEBALL22
02-13-2017, 03:49 PM
I dont think Durant can reach Lebron because at this point the titles dont matter (KD ruined that by going to the favorite and established contender). Anyway. Durant's defense has been improving every season but Lebron might still be the best defender (still a top 10 defender) where Durant hasnt reached that level ever.

James is a better rebounder, passer, defender and is in the same category as a scorer. Durant is a much better shooter, slightly better scorer. If I am giving them grades right now, LBJ at 32 and Durant at 28.

Scoring: KD A+, LBJ B+
Shooting: KD A+, LBJ B-
Defense: KD B, LBJ A
Passing: KD B+, LBJ A
Creating/Vision: KD B, LBJ A+
Rebounding: KD B-, LBJ A
Killer Instinct: KD B, LBJ B-, Jordan A+++

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
02-13-2017, 04:22 PM
How is KD's killer instinct above LeBron's when this guy is as soft as the Pillsbury dough boy? Are you serious? Just because he's a better shotmaker doesn't mean he has a killer instinct. He went to the Warriors.. that's enough validation to prove KD doesn't have a strong killer instinct. As for your other rating, LeBron is easily an A in scoring. I'm not sure how you're rating it (scoring ability vs PPG) but he's become severely underrated in that category. He can drop 30 when he wants to. How much better of a scorer can he get?

RocketLoc80
02-13-2017, 04:27 PM
Yea i seen that **** too. Yea to give KD a higher grade in Killer I is comical itself

Saddletramp
02-13-2017, 06:45 PM
Wasn't this troll's thread from two weeks ago titled "Who will wind up higher on the ATL-LBJ or KD?" And now it's "Who will be closer to the #1 guy on the ATL?"

It's the same ****ing pointless thread.

valade16
02-13-2017, 08:16 PM
D Wade and an old Shaq one a championship before Lebron teamed up with Bosh and Wade in Mia. East was/is still a cake walk compared to the west.

Everything you said here is true. I still don't think the situations are close. Comparable maybe but also different.

Giannis94
02-13-2017, 08:37 PM
fake news

russia hacked PSD!!!!

Raps18-19 Champ
02-13-2017, 08:54 PM
Easily Lebron. Durant probably ends up near top 10 (2nd, or 3rd best SF behind Bird) but Lebron is probably 1B when he retires.

ewing
02-13-2017, 10:04 PM
We put such higher expectations and demands on LeBron in Cleveland than we ever did KD. We never treated him like the caliber of star we treated LeBron. He's behind in more ways than one. LeBron's star has always shone brighter.

Poor LeBron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
02-13-2017, 10:06 PM
I find it hilarious that people are still comparing James going to Miami and Durant hopping on the warriors already stacked roster.

^ +1

Why is it funny?

^ < 5

ewing
02-13-2017, 10:15 PM
Everything you said here is true. I still don't think the situations are close. Comparable maybe but also different.

To be fair they are both giant pussys

NJBASEBALL22
02-13-2017, 10:31 PM
How is KD's killer instinct above LeBron's when this guy is as soft as the Pillsbury dough boy? Are you serious? Just because he's a better shotmaker doesn't mean he has a killer instinct. He went to the Warriors.. that's enough validation to prove KD doesn't have a strong killer instinct. As for your other rating, LeBron is easily an A in scoring. I'm not sure how you're rating it (scoring ability vs PPG) but he's become severely underrated in that category. He can drop 30 when he wants to. How much better of a scorer can he get?

I don't think either has a crazy killer instinct in the class of MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Iverson, even Paul Pierce. But in my experience watching each play, Lebron tends to defer to teammates even more than KD. Evenmoreso, the only time LBJ showed killer instinct was in 2012 Finals when he went in on Harden.

NJBASEBALL22
02-13-2017, 10:36 PM

As for scoring, I agree with you... he is a tremendous scorer and way underrated due to how easy he gets buckets. But in crunch time, he tends to take wings jumpers than taking it to the rim... which is his strength. But... KD over the past 3 seasons has avg 27 PPG and LBJ has avg 25... but he is also avg 26 on the same court as Curry and Thompson.

KD is slightly better than LBJ and can score in more ways... way better 3 and FT.

JasonJohnHorn
02-13-2017, 11:25 PM
Well... 3 rings to 0? Six straight finals and 7 over all to 1? Looks like KD has some serious ground to make up. Not that he can't do it if he stays in GSW, but he'll also be the guy who signed with a champion that just came off a 73-win team, and not the guy who led a team there. As good as he'll play, and he'll play great, he'll be seen as a tag along.

Winning those rings will go a long way in making people forget that, and I don't blame him for doing it (OKC was letting talent go left and right). That said, LBJ went to a team with two All-Stars. Durant went to one with 3 current all-stars and a couple more former ones coming off the bench.

They are both great, and KD is one of the best I've ever seen play the game, but he's got some awards and titles to win before he is in the conversation with LBJ and Jordan with respect to the ATL.

We'll see.

Giannis94
02-13-2017, 11:51 PM
Well... 3 rings to 0? Six straight finals and 7 over all to 1? Looks like KD has some serious ground to make up. Not that he can't do it if he stays in GSW, but he'll also be the guy who signed with a champion that just came off a 73-win team, and not the guy who led a team there. As good as he'll play, and he'll play great, he'll be seen as a tag along.

Winning those rings will go a long way in making people forget that, and I don't blame him for doing it (OKC was letting talent go left and right). That said, LBJ went to a team with two All-Stars. Durant went to one with 3 current all-stars and a couple more former ones coming off the bench.

They are both great, and KD is one of the best I've ever seen play the game, but he's got some awards and titles to win before he is in the conversation with LBJ and Jordan with respect to the ATL.

We'll see.
And kd is 4 years younger so if they stay together at the same age, KD will have 1 more ring than lebron.

FlashBolt
02-13-2017, 11:55 PM

We'll see.

All-Star means nothing. Wade+Bosh were voted in because they were popular players. They were borderline All-Stars and that's coming from an EC with few stars. You could definitely make an argument that Bosh/Wade would not be All-Stars had they been in the Western Conference. Not to mention the fact that Wade/Bosh were way past their prime while Warriors are AT their prime. It's no competition; Draymond+Klay+Steph are much better than Wade+Bosh. Warriors had the all-time reg season record without Durant but Miami could not win without LeBron sitting games. Any other superstar leading Miami wouldn't have done as well. I'd like to ask, with KD, the Warriors are insanely great. Could you imagine how great the Warriors would be if LeBron was on that team instead of KD? Oh. My. God.

mightybosstone
02-14-2017, 09:46 AM
Poor LeBron

You know who sucked? Patrick Ewing. ;)

kdspurman
02-14-2017, 09:52 AM
You just had a similar thread re: Durant/Lebron on the all time list... Don't see why we need another