PDA

View Full Version : Spoelstra = Coach of the year?

kingsdelez24
02-11-2017, 02:57 PM
The Heat have been maximizing the potential on all of their players, they're absolutely killing it having won 13 straight after approaching tank territory to start the season. Would it be safe to say Spoelstra gets the awardbif they make the playoffs?

kdspurman
02-11-2017, 03:29 PM
Has it ever been given to a non playoff team? Not saying they won't make it cause they're close. But if they don't idk. If they do he's got an argument id say

warfelg
02-11-2017, 04:11 PM
I doubt he'll get it. If Boston makes it as a 2 seen it's The Kid's.

hotdalton18
02-11-2017, 04:24 PM
If we make playoffs spo should for sure get it

Dion waiters has been turned into a good player all around

James Johnson has been turned into the most improved player in the league

He's gotten Whiteside to stop chasing blocks and play great team D

He's taken a d leaguer in Rodney Mcgruder and turned him into a legit 3&D starter

Goes on this winning streak while Winslow , Richardson and McRoberts are out

And Waiters has missed a lot to

HandsOnTheWheel
02-11-2017, 05:00 PM
I doubt he'll get it. If Boston makes it as a 2 seen it's The Kid's.

Lol.

Scoots
02-11-2017, 10:24 PM
They may have sucked too much early for him to win it.

Clint Olbrock
02-11-2017, 11:42 PM
Well, the streak is over. Thought they were gonna carry it into March.

mightybosstone
02-12-2017, 12:37 AM
They're seven games below .500. If Miami somehow cracked the postseason, he should at least belong in the conversation. But where we stand today, he has zero chance. And even if they did sneak into the postseason as the 8 seed in a bad conference, I think there are more deserving candidates.

ewing
02-12-2017, 02:37 AM
Id give it to Pop

GodsSon
02-12-2017, 02:41 AM
Mike D'Antoni

ewing
02-12-2017, 02:44 AM
A.

Twolves88
02-12-2017, 08:22 AM
Mike D'Antoni

Have to agree with you. I think he's a lock to get it. He has changed that team completely and turned them into a top 3 team. This could be the year that we see his team make it to the finals as odd as it seems.

NFLAccess
02-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Mike D'Antoni

I didn't want to be a homer and say D'Antoni as I'm a Rockets fan as I was waiting for someone else to say it. But no one gave Mike a chance to keep Houston a top team in the West.

mavwar53
02-12-2017, 12:04 PM
I'd give it to Brand Stevens, no way Spo deserves it just because he put together a 13 game win streak. Was anyone saying he was a great coach when they were 11-30?

I'd give it to Stevens because he has to work with what he's got, while D'Antoni came to a team that was basically built for his style of basketball, so how much coaching has he really done compared to Stevens. I think D'Antoni only has to say give harden the ball and stand behind the 3pt line and Cappella or Harrell set a screen and roll and see what we get, it's all up to harden at that point.

Scoots
02-12-2017, 01:48 PM
Spoelstra was the coach for the first 41 games of the season too right? 11-30 for half the season should rule you out as possible COY.

Twolves88
02-12-2017, 01:59 PM
I'd give it to Brand Stevens, no way Spo deserves it just because he put together a 13 game win streak. Was anyone saying he was a great coach when they were 11-30?

I'd give it to Stevens because he has to work with what he's got, while D'Antoni came to a team that was basically built for his style of basketball, so how much coaching has he really done compared to Stevens. I think D'Antoni only has to say give harden the ball and stand behind the 3pt line and Cappella or Harrell set a screen and roll and see what we get, it's all up to harden at that point.

I disagree entirely....

If it was that "simple" why didn't they do it last year. Playing harden at PG was a ballsy move that's payed off. They lost Dwight and their roster on paper did not look like a top 3 team.

Stevens has had 3 years now to implement HIS system and get HIS guys.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-12-2017, 02:33 PM

Lmao work with what he's got? Great post.

j-bay
02-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Scott Brooks. No one saw the Wizards being this good.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Probably going to be one of Kerr, Pop, Stevens, or D'Antoni

Crackadalic
02-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Dantoni. I didn't think that team was even playoff bound.

mightybosstone
02-12-2017, 06:19 PM

I don't really agree with this idea that D'Antoni was gifted a team that was perfectly built for his style of basketball. Of their 10 key rotational guys, three were brand new offseason signings (Anderson, Gordon, Nene) and two barely played at all last season (Dekker and Harrell). So half of his team's core is essentially brand new, and they've managed the fourth best record in the league despite playing arguably the toughest schedule of any team in the NBA. What he's done is absolutely worthy of being in the COTY conversation.

Rivera
02-12-2017, 06:37 PM
if the HEAT make the playoffs, he should get it but wont

He will be like Adam Gase, great turn around in season, should win the award, but wont because who the award goes to historically