PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather be the Knicks, Bulls, or Kings?

Giannis94
02-11-2017, 01:27 PM
All 3 of these teams aer in interesting situations right now, largely because their Front Offices comrpises of people that make decisions that PSD users would.

In a hypothetical situation say that you just bought a team, and its 1 of the 3 (sorry Nets, you're automatically disqualified) listed.

Who would you rather be? All 3 teams have at least 1 "Star", except for the knicks who have 2 1/2 Stars, which I guess still adds up to "1".

The Bulls seem to have the easiest fix: Fire GarPax and Hoiberg, tank and trade Wade and possibly Butler. But that means they also have to get the new hires right.

The Knicks have a lot of bad contracts, and their dysfunction is worse than the Bulls, at least recently. They probably need a new HC, a GM, and an entire roster of players outside of Porzy, who has fallen off in the second half like last season.

The Kings also have a bucked-up front office, and have DMC. It looks like they will have to give him $207mill max or lose him. They also lose their pick if it falls outside the top 10. Their roster is underwhelming and while they may compete for the 8 seed, their 2019 (IIRC) goes to Philly, which means that they have a year and a half to figure it out.

So the question is: In a life or death situation, in which you are forced to take over one of the teams, who do you take?

LOb0
02-11-2017, 01:44 PM
I think I'd have to pick the Kings just because Boogie is so valuable. You can trade him and get a return or keep and try to build.

R. Johnson#3
02-11-2017, 01:48 PM
I'd rather be the Seattle Supersonics over the Knicks.

Giannis94
02-11-2017, 01:59 PM
I'd rather be the Seattle Supersonics over the Knicks.

At least they got to watch greatness for a year in KD?

nycericanguy
02-11-2017, 02:38 PM
All 3 are a mess but the Knicks have Willy & KP locked up for dirt cheap for the next 4 years and that looks like a very promising front court... and they are on their way to a top 5 pick in a stacked draft. And whatever they could get for Melo + Lee or Q. Phil will be gone soon enough too. And outside of Noah, what bad contracts do they have?

Butler is disgruntled and getting close to 30 and DMC is a perennial loser who is going to command $200m+

None of these teams are going to be attracting Free agents anytime soon so they will have to build through the draft.

So I'd say NY.

JLynn943
02-11-2017, 02:58 PM
I'm biased, but the Kings.

We've got arguably the best big in the league in Cousins, a promising young coach in Joerger, and a couple of interesting young pieces. However, we have a meddling owner who doesn't know anything, a very inexperienced GM that made a ballsy move that didn't pay off to free up cap space at the cost of at least a first round pick, and not the most appealing location. I think that's mostly surmountable though. We already made a good amount of smart, low cost signings to give the team some respectability and stability. We don't have any glaringly bad contracts. We've just got to manage to convince free agents that we're a place they want to play for without overpaying them much. We've swung and missed on a few, and it has actually worked out in our favor (Wesley Matthews and Monta Ellis being the two that stick out in my memory).

We've just got to keep on getting better with what we have and make some smart additions (a big splash at guard would be huge). We've beaten a few of the top teams lately, so we're on the roadto respectability and are only a couple of games out of the 8th seed.

KobeOwnSU
02-11-2017, 03:36 PM
Definitely the Kings. They have the best individual player on those three teams.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

GiantsSwaGG
02-11-2017, 03:45 PM
The Bulls than the Knicks

Jamiecballer
02-11-2017, 03:48 PM
Troll!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

nycericanguy
02-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Definitely the Kings. They have the best individual player on those three teams.

maybe so, but I'd rather rebuild around a 21 year old KP on a rookie contract vs the always disgruntled DMC at $35m.

Giannis94
02-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Troll!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

How. These 3 teams have front office implosions. Bucks and 76ers have talent. Nets quietly suck and we've all beat them to a pulp already and will continue closer to draft day. Bucks and 76ers have young players and not imploded yet. Suns are just bad, no implosion.

Lakers are on the verge of being on this lost if their front office implodes which looks possible or if they lose their lottery pick.

lamzoka
02-11-2017, 05:34 PM
The only bad contract on the knicks roster is Noah. Rose is gone after this season.
Knicks have all their draft picks going forward.

Giannis94
02-11-2017, 06:07 PM
The only bad contract on the knicks roster is Noah. Rose is gone after this season.
Knicks have all their draft picks going forward.

Lee is also a bad one. 4 years @12 mill aav, no? With a decreasing cap

nycericanguy
02-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Lee is also a bad one. 4 years @12 mill aav, no? With a decreasing cap

how is that a bad contract? probably one of the more reasonable deals signed last summer.

3 & D guys like Carroll, Bazemore, Deng (who isn't 3 OR D anymore..lol) got much more.

Lee is a solid starter that every team needs.

Cap was $92m this past summer and is going to $103m next year no? I don't think it's decreasing long term and certainly not enough to affect Lee's deal.

they certainly do not have "lots of bad contractS"

Bartlee23
02-11-2017, 06:54 PM
how is that a bad contract? probably one of the more reasonable deals signed last summer.

3 & D guys like Carroll, Bazemore, Deng (who isn't 3 OR D anymore..lol) got much more.

Lee is a solid starter that every team needs.

Cap was $92m this past summer and is going to $103m next year no? I don't think it's decreasing long term and certainly not enough to affect Lee's deal.

they certainly do not have "lots of bad contractS"

Is Carmelo no longer a Knick? His contract and Noah's are two of the worst contracts in the NBA. No good free agents will be signing to play for New York. They are the worst run organization in the NBA and are doomed to win nothing for the lifetime of anyone posting on this site. They are the cancer of the NBA.

Chicago at least just need to replace their GM's, Wade will be gone next year and they can demand a ton for Butler if they wish to tank. The Kings are stuck in mediocracy and might a swell tank because the Warriors and San Antonio aren't gong anywhere.

Can I select none of the above...lol ?

mike_noodles
02-11-2017, 08:04 PM
I went Bulls. Jimmy Butler is the player I like the best out of all three. If they did it right, they could still build something with him.

mrblisterdundee
02-11-2017, 09:07 PM
I would take the Kings and immediately try to trade Cousins to the Celtics maybe something like Johnson, Brown, Smart, Brooklyn's 2017 pick and a 2019 first-rounder. Draft Fultz, Ball or the next best player available, depending on the pick. Start Cauley-Stein and Brown. Build an entirely new culture without the drama of Cousins.

IndyRealist
02-11-2017, 11:35 PM
The Bulls suffer from bad managememt. The Kings and Knicks suffer from bad ownership. You can't fire owners. Bulls by a mile.

More-Than-Most
02-11-2017, 11:50 PM
Legit serious question... Outside of the money difference how is the kings/bucks situation when compared? Cousins---------->Gia

Cousins makes a ton more but do either team have to worry about money at this point. Except people just hate on cousins.... It seems cousins is the only big that is suppose to will his **** team to the playoffs... How is the bucks/Pels chances looking right now except cousins doesnt have a holiday etc. I said it once and I will say it again... Judging cousins on not getting his team to the playoffs is the dumbest **** I have ever heard when we have 2 other guys in Gia and AD not doing their team much more justice with a arguable better cast around them.

effen5
02-11-2017, 11:56 PM
The Bulls suffer from bad managememt. The Kings and Knicks suffer from bad ownership. You can't fire owners. Bulls by a mile.

Bulls have bad management and a bad owner

JordansBulls
02-12-2017, 12:04 AM
The Bulls because they can whoop up the Cavs in a series and have the guy who shuts down Lebron in Jimmy.

ewing
02-12-2017, 12:12 AM
Well the Knicks but I've been brainwashed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnickNyKnick
02-12-2017, 02:05 AM
The Knicks are in a ok situation.
-Rose is coming off the books (21 million to spend on another PG/ Role players).
-Might have the balls to tank the rest of the way and get another top 5 pick (or it may just happen naturally from losses lol)
-Porzingiz will be 2 years in.

Hernangomez looks promising. They are younger, and up n coming. May take a few more years. But i see what they are trying to do. and its finally being done proper and with patience. this team has now actually preserved its picks. thats rare for NY

NYKnickFanatic
02-12-2017, 02:25 AM
I'd rather be any of those 3 than the Bucks.

More-Than-Most
02-12-2017, 02:27 AM

:laugh:

the rage will be amazing... you good sir are my hero.

DamnGoat
02-12-2017, 02:29 AM
I went Bulls. Jimmy Butler is the player I like the best out of all three. If they did it right, they could still build something with him.
With the front office they have in place, the odds of them doing it right seem very slim at this point. They've done just about everything wrong in the last few years.

They badly need to rebuild, but they'll likely push it back with band-aid solutions for the next few years before they completely bottom out and Butler opts out and leaves for nothing.

It's an ugly situation that will only get worse if/when they swing and miss again this summer in FA.

zn23
02-12-2017, 04:30 AM
Bulls are a hot mess. I still can't quite understand how they managed to score more points than 26 other teams they played this year... Their record is very deceiving. They're a bad team that doesn't deserve to make the playoffs.

The Knicks are as hopeless as they were last year.

The Kings are the best of the bunch. They're not perfect either and they are known to be dysfunctional. But Willie Cauley-Stein is starting to emerge. Darren Collison is playing well for them. They also have Demarcus Cousins. Plus a good coach. So I like where they're headed. They won't make the playoffs this year, but they should be able to fight for a playoff spot next year.

europagnpilgrim
02-12-2017, 05:02 AM
The Knicks

always entertaining and dominating the headlines for the wrong reasons and being the Mecca of the entire united states and getting marquee tv games while being so not worthy of it, deepest pockets in the league since NYC is the financial capitol of the world

The Knicks are a mess and just a few good moves from being a contender all wrapped up in one gift, Bulls time has passed and died with Jordan era and the Kings will never be worthy of nothing even though they have the best big in the game but I must say both franchises showed small flashes in the Rose/Webber era but that's long gone for now, Knicks will always matter more to the league especially being the media dominant whores they are

it doesn't get any more entertaining than a team who the media/fans can place the blame on the owner/gm/franchise highest paid player all at the same time equally, that is amazing

Giannis94
02-12-2017, 07:50 AM
Legit serious question... Outside of the money difference how is the kings/bucks situation when compared? Cousins---------->Gia

Cousins makes a ton more but do either team have to worry about money at this point. Except people just hate on cousins.... It seems cousins is the only big that is suppose to will his **** team to the playoffs... How is the bucks/Pels chances looking right now except cousins doesnt have a holiday etc. I said it once and I will say it again... Judging cousins on not getting his team to the playoffs is the dumbest **** I have ever heard when we have 2 other guys in Gia and AD not doing their team much more justice with a arguable better cast around them.
Lol DMC is a head case and their front office isn't in shambles. Try again, troll.

This has to be a bannable post, no? If we're comping the Bucks to mings might as well toss in Philly. What is oden jr? All he is is a player that cannot atay o. The court. 31 games in 2 1/2 seasons. And simmons looks great! The whole colangelo situation actually fits what these other teams are going through

Giannis94
02-12-2017, 07:52 AM

Lol. I'd still take Jabari over porzy and I thnk I'm not in the minority.

ewing
02-12-2017, 08:08 AM

The fact that you are white doesn't mean anything

Giannis94
02-12-2017, 09:12 AM

mjqusoldier
02-12-2017, 10:34 AM
The Knicks.. at least they got Porzingis. Add another good draft pick this year and rebuild around those 2. Keep a aging Melo as a third option. See if rose is willing to be a 6th man (unlikely). Wishful thinking

GiantsSwaGG
02-12-2017, 10:34 AM

Twolves88
02-12-2017, 11:21 AM
I'm going to take this thread in a different sense. If we are "being" these teams I'm going to assume that I'm now in place of the management of this team.

As such if I had to pick one to change into a contender that would take the kings. They have the least amount of bad contracts.

It then goes into how you want to build. Do you see a team that can be built around cousins? If not trade him and see what you can get. If you do can you see any impending free agents that can make a huge impact on your roster?

In my opinion if I'm the kings I trade cousins and let stein be the man as we go into tank mode and rebuild from the ground up.

this is a luxury that can not be done in either the bulls roster or the knicks. The bulls have a few bad contracts with former star player disgruntled attitudes. The same goes for the knicks. Rudy Gay, Affalo, and cousins can all be attractive to teams that are trying to break into the playoff scene. matt barnes can also hold some degree of value.

faze38
02-12-2017, 11:22 AM
I would take the Kings and immediately try to trade Cousins to the Celtics maybe something like Johnson, Brown, Smart, Brooklyn's 2017 pick and a 2019 first-rounder. Draft Fultz, Ball or the next best player available, depending on the pick. Start Cauley-Stein and Brown. Build an entirely new culture without the drama of Cousins.

thank god your not the gm you might actually have enough of a brain to put together a team that is half decent and can be better then the knicks. the only thing is boston has the nets 2018 pick not 2019 its actually a swap this year. This would be a hard choice on who to buy but as an owner of a franchise you have to take the knicks. Winning in NY would be like nothing else on top of that Jimmy is Chicago's only decent piece, sac only has cousins. Yes the knicks aren't in the best spot but the bulls are stuck in no man's land they are a playoff team can they truly get back enough assets for wade probably not jimmy could bring in some talent but not the type o talent your looking for your not gonna get a lottery pick from a contender same goes for the kings. Yes Boston has that pick up for grabs but I doubt they will just get rid of it or they would have already done it. And by the time the deadline comes there will be plenty of team putting offers in for that pick. Kings and Bulls are two teams that you hope you can get the Celtics pick to rebuild from. The Knicks for once actually have all of the picks and to decent young big man. Now what they need is a damn point guard. Funny how fans have been saying this for years but it couldn't be more true today. The Knicks may be dysfunctional but they are in a better position then a middle of the road team and a team that is built around a star that is nothing but trouble. If I where Boston I wouldn't trade the Brooklyn pick for DMC I would for Butler but def not for DMC! Like I said tho the Knicks actually have the keys to rebuild Willy and KP can't be good for another 5 years and any talent they bring in this year draft will be on a similar time line. Honestly tho screw all 3 of these teams let me buy the Wolves!!

Twolves88
02-12-2017, 11:25 AM
If you wanted to contend as the kings it could also be done.

think about this:

Jeff Teague or George Hill as a FA
JJ Reddick/Affalo
Gay
Stein
Cousins

I'd probably go after Jaymichael Green as a free agent as well. then round out the rest with a few skilled vets/cheap contracts

faze38
02-12-2017, 11:30 AM
I think you are Jabari has had two knee injuries in 2 years reminds me of guy that plays on the knicks currently and from the same neighborhood, What the hell do they build their playgrounds out there in Chicago man. Wade, Jabari and Rose all have destroyed their knees!! Sucks tho man I am a Knicks fan but Jabari was just turning the corner it's a shame when good young talent can't stay healthy!!

nycericanguy
02-12-2017, 12:48 PM
Is Carmelo no longer a Knick? His contract and Noah's are two of the worst contracts in the NBA. No good free agents will be signing to play for New York. They are the worst run organization in the NBA and are doomed to win nothing for the lifetime of anyone posting on this site. They are the cancer of the NBA.

Chicago at least just need to replace their GM's, Wade will be gone next year and they can demand a ton for Butler if they wish to tank. The Kings are stuck in mediocracy and might a swell tank because the Warriors and San Antonio aren't gong anywhere.

Can I select none of the above...lol ?

lol Melo at $25-27m for 2 years is a bad contract now?

Bartlee23
02-12-2017, 01:42 PM
lol Melo at $25-27m for 2 years is a bad contract now?

For how it handicaps the team with Noah's contract for the next 2 years with the counless amounts of negatively and cancer around the team most definitely... get a clue lol. The Knicks are a nightmare like I stated will not be winning ANYTHING for the lifetime of anyone posting on this site. Worst organization in the NBA. If you can't see that then you're either in denial or clueless... lol.

nycericanguy
02-12-2017, 01:44 PM
For how it handicaps the team with Noah's contract for the next 2 years with the counless amounts of negatively and cancer around the team most definitely... get a clue lol. The Knicks are a nightmare like I stated will not be winning ANYTHING for the lifetime of anyone posting on this site. Worst organization in the NBA. If you can't see that then you're either in denial or clueless... lol.

the knicks suck and Noah's contract is bad... but Melo;s contract alone is not bad at all... you're just spewing anger and hate for no reason.

Bartlee23
02-12-2017, 01:51 PM
the knicks suck and Noah's contract is bad... but Melo;s contract alone is not bad at all... you're just spewing anger and hate for no reason.

There's a difference between "hate" and denial. So which is it denial or clueless??? Lol facts are facts.

mrblisterdundee
02-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Jimmy is Chicago's only decent piece, sac only has cousins.
Yes Boston has that pick up for grabs but I doubt they will just get rid of it or they would have already done it. And by the time the deadline comes there will be plenty of team putting offers in for that pick. Kings and Bulls are two teams that you hope you can get the Celtics pick to rebuild from.
The Knicks for once actually have all of the picks and to decent young big man. Now what they need is a damn point guard.

In terms of a rebuild, the Kings have Cauley-Stein, who can defend anyone and immediately take over for Cousins at center. I'm pretty sure Boston would give that pick up for Cousins, along with a couple established players. The pick, Johnson's expiring contract, Brown and Smart seems more than fair.
Chicago has McDermott, young and already one of the best three-point shooters in the league, along with Portis and Grant. Butler has four years on an inexpensive contract, considering his talent. I think Boston would give the pick, Bradley and Smart for Butler.
The Knicks need a new point guard, shooting guard and small forward. Porzingis should be played as a new-age center, with Anthony gone or playing stretch-four. Who knows if their pick will even be high enough to get one of the top-flight point guards in the draft. There's about five to seven point guards expected to very early, along with Jackson, and then a bunch of forwards through most of the first round.

NYKnickFanatic
02-12-2017, 02:22 PM

the rage will be amazing... you good sir are my hero.

<3

NYKnickFanatic
02-12-2017, 02:24 PM

Did I ask if you would take him? Lol

Giannis94
02-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Did I ask if you would take him? Lol

my bad. :cheers:

One Nut Kruk
02-12-2017, 03:40 PM
Which of these 3 teams would I rather be? I'd rather my face catch fire and have you try to put it out with a pitch fork.

Crackadalic
02-12-2017, 04:23 PM
Knicks
KP is already 18-7 and is 4th in rim protection
Hernanomez per 36 is 15ppg and 13rpg and is taking over as our top center now.(thanks philly for trading us this pick)
Potentially top 5 pick with how we are playing
Melo contracts ends after next year(I don't see him picking up his player option)
Rose comes off the books giving us 22 in cap next year

Despite all the noise I'm not sure how the knicks future is bleak as some of you claim. Phil himself values draft picks and young players unlike past prez and gm. We could have easily be orlando and pull a trade with trading young picks and players for ibaka and it backfire and now trading him away.

Just because Phil failed the win now approach doesn't mean we will continue to suck.

Kings will give Cousins a long contract and continue to try to make a playoff run instead of truly rebuilding

Bulls have a star in Butler but your not winning with him so if they start a rebuild they still have to hit the homerun picks

Giannis94
02-12-2017, 07:45 PM
I think the team I least want to be is the Kings because they don't have their pick in 2019-2020 and if they trade cousins they likely need a longer rebuild. And they don't have their pick this year if it falls outside the top 10

Giannis94
02-22-2017, 12:51 PM
Kings: I see your dysfunction Chicago and NY. CASH US OUSIDE HOW BOU DAHT

tp13baby
02-22-2017, 02:15 PM
Knicks you want to be. Have an all league potential guy. Willy is a perfect 5 for him. Get rid of Melo all while drafting a star PG for the future.

Wade n Fade
02-22-2017, 02:25 PM
Bulls easily. You can get top 3 pick through a deal with Boston, assuming the 2017 Brooklyn pick is involved, with Butler moving onto Boston. Say if Boston pays up Bradley, Amir Johnson, 2017 Nets pick, Smart, and Clips 2019 pick, you're in a better shape than the Knicks and Kings. Sure, you can say Porzingas is a great player to build around, but let's face it, Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr/Markelle Fultz are elite PG prospects.

If not, Butler is a player to build around. He's much better than Porzingas now and is in his prime. GarPax are on their way out as well. Dolan and Ranadive are terribly incompetent with basketball ops to say the least.

Giannis94
02-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Colander: Divak I see you. What's good homie.

lol, please
02-24-2017, 12:48 AM
I think I'd have to pick the Kings just because Boogie is so valuable. You can trade him and get a return or keep and try to build.

Kyben36
02-24-2017, 01:21 AM
Depends on what u mean. Am I taking over. Have control. Or do I have to deal with some of the idiots running the show.

If I'm in charge. I'd take the Kings. Fresh start. Bottom up least pressure. Start new. Build from the ground up and dont have to deal with the BS.

But if I had to deal with divak or those idiots Runing the show. He'll no

2nd I would take the bulls. Fire Fred day 1. I feel like everything is move able and having a guy like Jimmy to either build or trade would be good.

Knicks would be last and hear me out. Porzingis is nice. But it's a long hard project with the Knicks. Noah is practically unmoveable, melo is untradeable especially with kicker and no trade. And the fan base is very demanding. I don't think I could turn it around well enough in time. cause to me. It's 4-5 year time frame. Mainly based on the two above mentioned

Now. I will say this. If I had to work with the fools in charge. I'd take the Knicks. I could not work with anyone in the Bulls or Kings upper management

faze38
02-24-2017, 03:37 AM
In terms of a rebuild, the Kings have Cauley-Stein, who can defend anyone and immediately take over for Cousins at center. I'm pretty sure Boston would give that pick up for Cousins, along with a couple established players. The pick, Johnson's expiring contract, Brown and Smart seems more than fair.
Chicago has McDermott, young and already one of the best three-point shooters in the league, along with Portis and Grant. Butler has four years on an inexpensive contract, considering his talent. I think Boston would give the pick, Bradley and Smart for Butler.
The Knicks need a new point guard, shooting guard and small forward. Porzingis should be played as a new-age center, with Anthony gone or playing stretch-four. Who knows if their pick will even be high enough to get one of the top-flight point guards in the draft. There's about five to seven point guards expected to very early, along with Jackson, and then a bunch of forwards through most of the first round.

Not to gloat or anything but you have to admit I was right on Cousins value he is a A+ talent player but gets an F for attitude. So even if you that good your not gonna have a team like the C's chasing you a team like the Pelicans yes because they are desperate but the C's are gonna want a player like a KG for their picks I think they screwed up by not going for PG a little harder but that's my opinion!!

HandsOnTheWheel
02-24-2017, 04:27 AM
Each team is a dumpster fire right now. **** em all.

Agent008
02-25-2017, 06:44 PM
The Kings roster isn't that bad. They just have to worry about what Vlade and Vivek are going to do. I think in a couple of years Willie Cauley-Stein and Skal Labissiere are going to be a good frontcourt. Hield should be a solid starter down the line. They have a lot of young SG's in Richardson, McLemore, and Bogdanovic (coming over next year). They should also have two top-15 picks in a deep draft. I think the Pelicans pick will be better than people expect. Boogie and AD is a filthy frontcourt, but it could take some time to gel. Also, their wings are pretty terrible. I think the Pels will come together next year when they surround their frontcourt with some complementary players and get used to playing together.