PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Parker suffers Torn ACL in loss to Heat, out 12 months

HandsOnTheWheel
02-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Tough break.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18654095/jabari-parker-milwaukee-bucks-torn-acl-miss-12-months

Hawkeye15
02-09-2017, 04:04 PM
ugh. That sucks man.

tredigs
02-09-2017, 04:08 PM

tredigs
02-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Only Josh Howard and Michael Redd have torn their ACL 2 times. Devastating for Parker's future.

dhopisthename
02-09-2017, 04:12 PM
what a bummer. losing two years of a rookie contract, two years of development, and because of when this happens the bucks have to try to guess how much they want to pay someone who has torn their acl twice.

NYKnickFanatic
02-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Jesus, that sucks man.

Rivera
02-09-2017, 04:25 PM
terrible break

tp13baby
02-09-2017, 04:28 PM
Milwaukees future is suddenly more dim now

Cracka2HI!
02-09-2017, 04:34 PM
These types of injuries are my least favorite things about sports. I know injuries are part of the game but you have to feel for a 21 year old kid who may have just lost 100's of millions of dollars.

BKLYNpigeon
02-09-2017, 04:34 PM

Not really, They still have Giannis who they're building around.

72 Wins
02-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Same knee too?????? This can't be good. :(

valade16
02-09-2017, 05:04 PM
Chain of events:

Parker will never be the same.
Milwaukee will max out as middling playoff team
Giannis will get frustrated and leave after his contract is over and join a contender in a big market
EVERYONE will give Brewer **** until the end of time on PSD.

Shammyguy3
02-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Chain of events:

Giannis will get frustrated and leave after his contract is over and join a contender in a big market

you mean Giannis94 now :laugh2:

Giannis94
02-09-2017, 05:20 PM

Thon Maker is a stud in the making and Broggy is fine as well. Maker is a lottery ticket and I expect him to continue to develop

Giannis94
02-09-2017, 05:27 PM
Chain of events:

I would still take Jabari over Oden Jr and the Bucks future over the 76ers future. Jabari has played in 69.9% of career games while Oden Jr. has palyed in 16% of career games- or a difference of 133 games, which will be down to say 120 by the end of the season. Can you imagine if Oden Jr played in 133 more games? I can't either.

valade16
02-09-2017, 05:27 PM
you mean Giannis94 now :laugh2:

I wouldn't be surprised if he legally changed his actual name to Giannis at this point :laugh:

Giannis94
02-09-2017, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he legally changed his actual name to Giannis at this point :laugh:

Fun fact: I am hoping to get a puppy in the next 2-3 years. Care to guess what his name will be?

cmellofan15
02-09-2017, 05:31 PM
I would still take Jabari over Oden Jr and the Bucks future over the 76ers future. Jabari has played in 69.9% of career games while Oden Jr. has palyed in 16% of career games- or a difference of 133 games, which will be down to say 120 by the end of the season. Can you imagine if Oden Jr played in 133 more games? I can't either.

Lmao do you even take the things you say seriously troll? Seems like you're just constantly trying to outdo yourself.

Giannis94
02-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Lmao do you even take the things you say seriously troll? Seems like you're just constantly trying to outdo yourself.

my bad. I was expecting to have to go on the defensive before MTM got to me.

TrueFan420
02-09-2017, 05:38 PM
man that's a bust

HandsOnTheWheel
02-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Smh this kid..

Hawkeye15
02-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Thon Maker is a stud in the making and Broggy is fine as well. Maker is a lottery ticket and I expect him to continue to develop

isn't Maker like 34 years old?

Sactown
02-09-2017, 05:48 PM

the answer is, he's as old as Greg Oden looks

sjbirds
02-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Chain of events:

Man still holding a grudge for when the sixers beat them down. Hahaha. The Bucks have won 4 whole games more then the sixer's this year which is a work in progress. This will be last year for a long time that happens...hahaha have a good day sir

Giannis94
02-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Man still holding a grudge for when the sixers beat them down. Hahaha. The Bucks have won 4 whole games more then the sixer's this year which is a work in progress. This will be last year for a long time that happens...hahaha have a good day sir

Your just mad the Bucks ****ed up your tank this year by losing to you guys- twice!

sjbirds
02-09-2017, 06:03 PM

Your just mad the Bucks ****ed up your tank this year by losing to you guys- twice!
Hahaha..now you're glad you loss??? Nah I'm use to the sixer's beating the Bucks..especially in the playoffs..Hahaha thought they were making the playoffs this year?? Maker is about to retire he's so old

Giannis94
02-09-2017, 06:06 PM
Hahaha..now you're glad you loss??? Nah I'm use to the sixer's beating the Bucks..especially in the playoffs..Hahaha thought they were making the playoffs this year?? Maker is about to retire he's so old

Makers gonna retire? Check your own players first. Oden Jr. may be in the process of medically retiring as we speak for all we know.

Sactown
02-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Makers gonna retire? Check your own players first. Oden Jr. may be in the process of medically retiring as we speak for all we know.
Only one way to settle this between you two,

RAP BATTLE

sjbirds
02-09-2017, 06:20 PM

Isn't maker 35? Hahaha

Giannis94
02-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Isn't maker 35? Hahaha

lol? Trolling is cool and all but I've heard that one a thousand times. Come up with something new and then I will respond to you. Not worth the time or infraction at current time.

ManningToTyree
02-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Same knee? Damn that's demoralizing. Very tough to come back from that and live up to his potential. Big blow for the bucks moving forward.

Clint Olbrock
02-09-2017, 06:41 PM

Seems like you would quit trolling with the Oden Jr crap when a guy on your own team has blew out the same ACL, twice.. Guess not.

jimm120
02-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Not really, They still have Giannis who they're building around.

In case you hadn't noticed, the whole point was for Giannis to be that top 10 player and Jabari to be that damn great scorer/player next to him, along with whomever you put there to help those 2.

More-Than-Most
02-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.... And before all the high horse nancies scream at me for laughing at an injury this sucks but I am laughing at the irony of my fella favorite bucks PSD member who calls Embiid oden JR and awaits for injuries when he now has his own Oden JR.

That being said this sucks... Same ACL... I doubt he is ever getting over this

More-Than-Most
02-09-2017, 07:33 PM

Most would take the sixers franchise and current asset pool over the bucks even before this... Now its a no brainer... Parker done and Gia has free fallen from the level he was playing at and the bucks keep bending over the sixers head to head.... Gia doesnt equate to wins for a guy who was playing at his level... Do you know how rare that is for a superstar... Its the same **** people hate on cousins for but cousins team cant hold a candle to the help Gia has had.... Embiid just wins when he plays bro... Without Embiid and simmons we are a stones throw from passing the bucks in the standings lol... I will stick with the sixers and by a lot. Better coach/front office/Embiid/saric/Noel/OKA/Simmons/TLC/our pick and the lakers pick in an insanely deep draft------------------------------------>bucks.

You can keep kevin love 2.0 and the real oden JR.

More-Than-Most
02-09-2017, 07:35 PM
my bad. I was expecting to have to go on the defensive before MTM got to me.

:laugh:

Man no lie i was at work and burst out laughing when i seen the news break... I feel for him but you know how we do :cheers:

Giannis94
02-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.... And before all the high horse nancies scream at me for laughing at an injury this sucks but I am laughing at the irony of my fella favorite bucks PSD member who calls Embiid oden JR and awaits for injuries when he now has his own Oden JR.

That being said this sucks... Same ACL... I doubt he is ever getting over this
He is not an oden Jr until he misses games like embiid. Embiid neede to make up 131 games before they are in the conversation. Jabari is still better than oden jr

colinskik
02-09-2017, 08:10 PM
These types of injuries are my least favorite things about sports. I know injuries are part of the game but you have to feel for a 21 year old kid who may have just lost 100's of millions of dollars.

I don't think anyone feels bad that he lost his chance at even more money; his chance to do what he loves, yes. Remember, a rookie contract is still way more than most people will ever make in their lifetime.

Not all his lost for him though. He's a Duke product, so we must presume he's smart. If this injury means the end of his NBA career, he should go back to school, get his degree and then find a career path -- like everyone else. Except with an advantage -- money in the bank and a prestigious school to legitimize his pursuits.

colinskik
02-09-2017, 08:16 PM
He is not an oden Jr until he misses games like embiid. Embiid neede to make up 131 games before they are in the conversation. Jabari is still better than oden jr

Nah, son. Jabari is all but done. Same knee is a death blow.

You can't say Jabari is better because of what he has done in the past. Going forward, at least Embiid has a shot at reaching his potential. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Jabari.

Clint Olbrock
02-09-2017, 08:32 PM

Parker is about to miss 31 games this season and 50+ next season...

Giannis94
02-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Parker is about to miss 31 games this season and 50+ next season...
That gives oden jr some time to catch up.

Clint Olbrock
02-09-2017, 08:45 PM
That gives oden jr some time to catch up.

And Parker's career is most likely over..

Giannis94
02-09-2017, 08:47 PM
And Parker's career is most likely over..

And Oden Jr's is not? Lets let time play out.

All this does is clear a spot for Lebron in 2018, in all honesty. He'll be sick of not winning in Cleveland and Cleveland will riot in the streets yet again. By that time Giannis will be a top 3 player, Maker will be known as KD Jr., Middleton will be a top SG, and Broggy will continue to be Andre Miller.

More-Than-Most
02-09-2017, 08:53 PM

All this does is clear a spot for Lebron in 2018, in all honesty. He'll be sick of not winning in Cleveland and Cleveland will riot in the streets yet again. By that time Giannis will be a top 3 player, Maker will be known as KD Jr., Middleton will be a top SG, and Broggy will continue to be Andre Miller.

kevin love 2.0 will pull a kevin love 1.0 move and join a lebron type player-simmons- on the sixers in a few years to win a championship.

Giannis94
02-09-2017, 08:55 PM
kevin love 2.0 will pull a kevin love 1.0 move and join a lebron type player-simmons- on the sixers in a few years to win a championship.

I get it. You guys never have had a star which is why you would do anything to have one of our stars (Giannis, KD Jr, or Middleton). Life ain't fair, I get it. Not my fault we got all these stars and all you got was a failed vision. Ironic, similar situation to what Trump is taking over. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? #makethe76ersgreatagain

JAZZNC
02-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Well that sucks. What was billed to be the best draft in a long time because of Parker and Wiggins is looking pretty poor at the moment. Really sucks for the Bucks. That's a huge blow as the guy will likely never be close to what he could have been. It's kinda sad that I almost don't feel sorry for Bucks fans because of one complete lunatic fan they have.

Giannis94
02-09-2017, 10:39 PM
Well that sucks. What was billed to be the best draft in a long time because of Parker and Wiggins is looking pretty poor at the moment. Really sucks for the Bucks. That's a huge blow as the guy will likely never be close to what he could have been. It's kinda sad that I almost don't feel sorry for Bucks fans because of one complete lunatic fan they have.
Complete lunatic fan? Lol. PSD bros 4 lyfe. Amirite or amirite.

JAZZNC
02-09-2017, 11:06 PM
Complete lunatic fan? Lol. PSD bros 4 lyfe. Amirite or amirite.

This place certainly wouldn't be the same without ya! Dunno it that's a good or bad thing haha!

Giannis94
02-10-2017, 12:01 AM
This place certainly wouldn't be the same without ya! Dunno it that's a good or bad thing haha!
You and i need to have a beer and settel our differences

ManningToTyree
02-10-2017, 03:48 AM
Yeah lebron is going to play in Milwaukee lmao

Clint Olbrock
02-10-2017, 04:11 AM

-_- why are you so bad at trolling?

Saddletramp
02-10-2017, 06:29 AM
Sucks for Parker. I feel really bad for him.

But I'm really starting to hate the Bucks.

Scoots
02-10-2017, 08:24 AM
Sucks for Parker. I feel really bad for him.

But I'm really starting to hate the Bucks.

Because of the team or because of one fan?

Giannis94
02-10-2017, 09:10 AM
Yeah lebron is going to play in Milwaukee lmao

He currently plays and resides in cleveland. And cleveland is a bigger dump than mke. Keep in mind, our talent will also be suprerior to the Cavs at thst point

DubbyDubbs
02-10-2017, 09:39 AM
He currently plays and resides in cleveland. And cleveland is a bigger dump than mke. Keep in mind, our talent will also be suprerior to the Cavs at thst point

You understand there's a reason he plays in Cleveland... right?

Giannis94
02-10-2017, 09:40 AM
You understand there's a reason he plays in Cleveland... right?

Yes. Because they were the only team that allowed him to be the first coach-gm-player of all time.

R. Johnson#3
02-10-2017, 09:45 AM
I really hope Parker doesn't become Brandon Roy 2.0. The kid has so much promise!

Giannis94
02-10-2017, 09:51 AM
I really hope Parker doesn't become Brandon Roy 2.0. The kid has so much promise!

His game has really changed this uear. A lot more junp shots and 3s. I honestly think he can come back.

colinskik
02-10-2017, 09:52 AM
-_- why are you so bad at trolling?

Kettle meet pot. Pot, kettle.

Giannis94
02-10-2017, 10:04 AM

Thank you for introducing us. I'll tell ya, Clint is a character. Perhaps him and I owe you something for being the defacto mediator?

Clint Olbrock
02-10-2017, 10:42 AM

I'm not a troll bud.. Just don't like the heat or warriors.. Don't like raptors fans or 1 troll bucks fan.. Most people salivate over 3 of those 4 teams, call it what ya will sir left field.

Giannis94
02-10-2017, 11:01 AM
I'm not a troll bud.. Just don't like the heat or warriors.. Don't like raptors fans or 1 troll bucks fan.. Most people salivate over 3 of those 4 teams, call it what ya will sir left field.

Lets pick a team to hate together and we can be thunder buddies?!?!?!?!

warfelg
02-10-2017, 12:30 PM
What a terrible franchise with all their guys getting injured.

BTW here's Oden 2.0 with all the knee injuries. Now comes the deteriorating knee, followed by arthritis, followed by bone on bone grinding, weird hairstyles, reinjury bowling, and retirement.

Giannis94
02-10-2017, 12:41 PM
What a terrible franchise with all their guys getting injured.

BTW here's Oden 2.0 with all the knee injuries. Now comes the deteriorating knee, followed by arthritis, followed by bone on bone grinding, weird hairstyles, reinjury bowling, and retirement.

Why would you rip the 76ers?!

We can talk about him being Oden Jr once embiid plays in the same number, which as I previously calcualted will be in Embiid's 10th NBA season.

When that does happen, I will eat my words.

Sactown
02-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Is tearing the same ACL a death sentence anymore? ACL recoveries seem to be getting better and better. I'm interested to see his return

Scoots
02-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Is tearing the same ACL a death sentence anymore? ACL recoveries seem to be getting better and better. I'm interested to see his return

Recovery is worse with every injury. He will probably come back ... but he will never be the same.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-10-2017, 03:01 PM

I'll take Maker as a stretch 4 firing away from downtown at .611%. 11 for 18. Not bad for barely getting any burn with Kidd coaching here. Also decent defender and shot blocker. So called old guy broke Birdman's ankles with that sexy move and firing a three. Giannis and Maker will be sweet twin towers. Slide Giannis to SF with Parker out and go triple towers. Small sample size but what other rookie firing away at 61% from downtown with minimum of 10 attempts?

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4017843/thon-maker

Sactown
02-10-2017, 03:04 PM
Recovery is worse with every injury. He will probably come back ... but he will never be the same.

IDK man, ACL injuries aren't a career killer anymore, better than an Achilles

Scoots
02-10-2017, 05:18 PM

That's true ... but it's worse than not tearing it, and tearing the same one twice is much harder to repair as successfully.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Parker was more explosive leaper after the first ACL. Also only 21 years old. Isn't like were talking about 30 year old vet burning out of the league.

Sactown
02-10-2017, 06:07 PM
That's true ... but it's worse than not tearing it, and tearing the same one twice is much harder to repair as successfully.

Yeah for sure it'll be interesting if nothing else, we obviously haven't seen this occur in recent history in this sport.
The only other athlete that comes to mind in recent history is Dominick Cruz

Yanks All Day
02-13-2017, 10:49 AM
It'll be interesting to see how Jabari comes back. He came out of Duke not particularly known for his athleticism, and then tore his ACL. After surgery, he was absolutely more athletic than before. Now, I'm not saying the 2nd surgery will go as well recovery-wise, but an ACL injury is getting pretty similar to Tommy John in baseball. The process is constantly getting better, recovery times consistently shorter, and athletes come back just as strong. I'd be willing to bet he'll be just fine.

Sucks, though, that he was clearly establishing him as an emerging star.

KobeOwnSU
02-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Hopefully Jabari takes all the time he needs and doesn't rush it. He is only 21 so he can sit out of next season too and still be a 23 year old RFA. He needs to think about himself now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

GiantsSwaGG
02-13-2017, 03:34 PM

Is Derrick Rose the same?

NJBASEBALL22
02-13-2017, 03:39 PM
man this sucks... great dude with a nasty game... real throw back type.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Scoots
02-13-2017, 04:30 PM
It'll be interesting to see how Jabari comes back. He came out of Duke not particularly known for his athleticism, and then tore his ACL. After surgery, he was absolutely more athletic than before. Now, I'm not saying the 2nd surgery will go as well recovery-wise, but an ACL injury is getting pretty similar to Tommy John in baseball. The process is constantly getting better, recovery times consistently shorter, and athletes come back just as strong. I'd be willing to bet he'll be just fine.

Sucks, though, that he was clearly establishing him as an emerging star.

The problem is that the trauma of multiple surgeries on the same parts get harder and harder, recovery takes longer, recovery is less likely to be 100%, there is a lot less history doing it, and mentally it gets harder too.

He got more athletic because of a massive investment in time and interest in his own health ... in other words he was being a professional. He's not going to make the same step again. We will never know what his never injured peak would have been had he had the benefit of time and training at the pro level without the injuries.