PDA

View Full Version : Can Cleveland or Golden State be upset?

kobe4thewinbang
02-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Barring any big-time injury, these two teams are ballin' something fierce. But I'm still not sold on "GS - CLE III" just yet. I think we could see an upset, more likely the Cavaliers in the east. But as other analysts are leaving open, the Spurs could also play heel and upset the mammoth Warriors.

What if Chris Paul comes back in time and the Clippers do get Carmelo in a trade?

Do you think the Spurs would beat the Cavaliers? What if the Raptors upset the Cavaliers? DeRozan's been playing well this season before the injury, and the Wizards are also on a roll. What a game that was, eh?

I'd still say smart money is on the rubber match, and it would be awesome, but I kind of want to see the Spurs take on the Cavaliers again now that it's not just LeBron & scrubs.

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 09:48 PM
Cleveland yes, and I'm expecting them to fall short of the finals unless the reffs pull a donaghy vs. mke.

Gsw: no.

kobe4thewinbang
02-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Cleveland yes, and I'm expecting them to fall short of the finals unless the reffs pull a donaghy vs. mke.

Gsw: no.Peeps are concerned with GS's depth compared to last year, though. I still say Cleveland is more precarious especially if they don't get a playmaker, for real, because Kyrie & LeBron can't do it all the time.

They might tire out and lose a couple of games out of frustration or miscommunications which we've seen already. Same for Golden State, though. I may wear glasses, but it seems their defense is hurting them and they think they can shoot back into games, almost cocky. And yet the Kings beat them. That is kind of precarious.

FlashBolt
02-08-2017, 10:10 PM
Peeps are concerned with GS's depth compared to last year, though. I still say Cleveland is more precarious especially if they don't get a playmaker, for real, because Kyrie & LeBron can't do it all the time.

They might tire out and lose a couple of games out of frustration or miscommunications which we've seen already. Same for Golden State, though. I may wear glasses, but it seems their defense is hurting them and they think they can shoot back into games, almost cocky. And yet the Kings beat them. That is kind of precarious.

Once J.R> gets back, they should be fine. People forget J.R. was the Cavs fourth and sometimes third option. He can playmake for them and defend. But I do agree that they should still try to get some key pieces.

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 10:13 PM
Once J.R> gets back, they should be fine. People forget J.R. was the Cavs fourth and sometimes third option. He can playmake for them and defend. But I do agree that they should still try to get some key pieces.

Let's not forget they play with the reffs as well. Making it 8-5 at all times. Cam you imagine lebron not getting calls in the east? Yeah I can't either.

I'm being dead serious.

kdspurman
02-08-2017, 10:16 PM
Anyone can be upset

aman_13
02-08-2017, 10:17 PM
I expect a trilogy but I do believe Cleveland will have a tougher road to the finals than last yr.

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Anyone can be upset

I mean in most cases but when you hsve a team like 8 games under fscing GSW in rd 1 there ks really no hope. I can't remember what gsws recorded was when they upset dally as an 8 seed but I doubt they will be as bad a sthis yrs 8 seed

kobe4thewinbang
02-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Once J.R> gets back, they should be fine. People forget J.R. was the Cavs fourth and sometimes third option. He can playmake for them and defend. But I do agree that they should still try to get some key pieces.For sure. I hope he is quality once he comes back. He was big last year.

kobe4thewinbang
02-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Let's not forget they play with the reffs as well. Making it 8-5 at all times. Cam you imagine lebron not getting calls in the east? Yeah I can't either.

I'm being dead serious.I dunno, man...Kyrie didn't get that call against the Wizards. He might've flopped after the no-call/protest but that was definitely a foul.

kobe4thewinbang
02-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Anyone can be upsetRegardless, I just hope we finally get Spurs/Warriors again now that Curry's entered the Avatar State. He wasn't this good in that one series.

kobe4thewinbang
02-08-2017, 10:26 PM
I expect a trilogy but I do believe Cleveland will have a tougher road to the finals than last yr.True dat. I think peeps agree that the east is improving. They might have a 5 or 6 game series in round one. And if they meet the Celtics or Wizards or Raptors, it'll be a tougher road than they're used to. Heck, even the Hornets too.

kdspurman
02-08-2017, 10:28 PM
Regardless, I just hope we finally get Spurs/Warriors again now that Curry's entered the Avatar State. He wasn't this good in that one series.

Yea I hope so too. He was good in that series, but we had guys to throw at him. Also Green wasn't near the factor he is now, Jackson was coaching, and just a bunch of other factors . Completely different animal now.

I hope we play them tho. I wish we got to 2 years ago, I felt very confident against those guys. But Clips ruined that lol

kobe4thewinbang
02-08-2017, 10:28 PM
I mean in most cases but when you hsve a team like 8 games under fscing GSW in rd 1 there ks really no hope. I can't remember what gsws recorded was when they upset dally as an 8 seed but I doubt they will be as bad a sthis yrs 8 seedI dunno about how easy the Warriors' road will be either. That big roadblock called the Spurs is one thing, and maybe even the Clippers if they recuperate from the beatings (lol), but most imprtantly, I think the Rockets are really a threat. At least a 6 game threat. Harden is on point this season and they got shooters around him and Capela down low.

kobe4thewinbang
02-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Yea I hope so too. He was good in that series, but we had guys to throw at him. Also Green wasn't near the factor he is now, Jackson was coaching, and just a bunch of other factors . Completely different animal now.

I hope we play them tho. I wish we got to 2 years ago, I felt very confident against those guys. But Clips ruined that lol:hope:

Plus, say the Spurs fall (hope not) but it goes 6 or 7 games, that's gonna be more toil for the Warriors.

kdspurman
02-08-2017, 10:30 PM
I mean in most cases but when you hsve a team like 8 games under fscing GSW in rd 1 there ks really no hope. I can't remember what gsws recorded was when they upset dally as an 8 seed but I doubt they will be as bad a sthis yrs 8 seed

We'll see how things pan out , but GS losing to anyone will probably be considered an upset. So in that regard, it's possible. (Btw 8 seed is 5 under now) I don't see em losing at all in the 1st round anyway, but like I said them losing to anyone is an upset

Clint Olbrock
02-08-2017, 10:38 PM

Gsw: no.

Troll

HandsOnTheWheel
02-08-2017, 11:12 PM
Lol @ anyone not expecting part 3

Scoots
02-08-2017, 11:44 PM
Any team can lose. Health, bad matchup, one team being REALLY hot while the favored team is REALLY not. It happens fairly regularly. Heck, the Warriors "should" have won last year ... but they didn't because stuff happens.

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 11:55 PM
Any team can lose. Health, bad matchup, one team being REALLY hot while the favored team is REALLY not. It happens fairly regularly. Heck, the Warriors "should" have won last year ... but they didn't because stuff happens.
Warriors didn't win because 2016 was the year of the blown lead. Indians, Warriors, Ms. Bill Clinton, and the falcons. Has to be illuminati