PDA

View Full Version : 2/8 & 2/9 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
02-08-2017, 05:52 PM
Games list here

http://www.espn.com/nba/scoreboard

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Can't wait to watch embiid play tonight. Legitimately excited. Ithink I am finally starting to buy into the hype!

tp13baby
02-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Jokic vs Howard tonight. Talk about polar opposites

zn23
02-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Howard runs through the lane elbowing everyone in the face and no foul gets called. Jokic battles for the rebound and gets a loose ball foul. Kenny Mauer gives superstars special treatment.

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Lol jkidd.

zn23
02-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Wow and that's 3 fouls on Jokic, two of them were cheap/ soft. Kenny Mauer is ruining the game...

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Wow and that's 3 fouls on Jokic, two of them were cheap/ soft. Kenny Mauer is ruining the game...
Rather have a player ruin a game than a coach ruin a franchise

tp13baby
02-08-2017, 09:29 PM
This crew in Atlanta is absolute dog **** all around

Cracka2HI!
02-08-2017, 09:33 PM
WOW! Charles Oakley just lost his damn mind right on the court. WTF is going on in New York!?!?

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 09:36 PM
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/829501002764124161

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/829505409379602432

zn23
02-08-2017, 10:36 PM
lol are these refs ever going to call a foul on Howard? This is ridiculous.

FlashBolt
02-08-2017, 10:36 PM
so like I said and have said many times, Embiid has amazing talent and skill but what holds him and his potential back is his injuries. Dude just sits WAY too many games and plays WAY too little. Most teams are betting on him sitting out so they don't gameplan for him. That's besides the point; he's sitting out for a reason. he's young and it's already 50 games in. This dude clearly is not healthy. might be one of the greatest talent to be plagued by injuries..

FlashBolt
02-08-2017, 10:42 PM
Kyle Korver is turning into an absolute weapon for the Cavs.

Past 15 games he's been shooting 48% from 3
Past 10, 55%
past 5, 61%.

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Jabari went down and elft without putting weight on his leg. Praying for the best.

zn23
02-08-2017, 10:49 PM
Damn... tough break for Jabari Parker. Huge loss for the Bucks. Looks like a bad knee injury. Hope I'm wrong.

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Damn... tough break for Jabari Parker. Huge loss for the Bucks. Looks like a bad knee injury. Hope I'm wrong.

They just said its a knee sprain from the locker room.

Honestly, shut him down for the season. This team's not going anywhere and we have a coach thst needs to be fired. Not worth him or giannos getting banged up.

FlashBolt
02-08-2017, 10:53 PM
bucks just lost their best player. Delly will need some help now.. giannis needs to step it up.

tp13baby
02-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Malone just isn't smart. Denver is best when we run our offense around Jokic. Malone thinks it's a good idea to have Nelson and Barton who are entirely ISO players play with Jokic. Jokic ends up not being a non factor for 5 minutes playing with those 2 because Malone has zero brain.

Kidd gets the cake for worst coach but Malone receives mother placement votes.

If Howard gets away with **** he did tonight, no one is beating them in the playoffs. He would be fouled out in about 4 minutes usually..

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 11:00 PM
bucks just lost their best player. Delly will need some help now.. giannis needs to step it up.
Cleveland lost their best player in 2010. Still MIA.

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Holding out hope that it is actually a sprain. Many believe that is a code for tear like the last time he tore kt.

More-Than-Most
02-08-2017, 11:21 PM
Can knock Bucks off that futures list... Gia is falling back down to earth faster than the blue angel and Parker is gonna be on 1 leg without playing a full season.

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 11:32 PM
Can knock Bucks off that futures list... Gia is falling back down to earth faster than the blue angel and Parker is gonna be on 1 leg without playing a full season.

And what has oden jr or simmons done to stay oncthe list? Post funny **** on social media? Honestly, comping Embiid to oden is a little far. Oden at least played in 60 games his first season. TF has Embiid done? TF has simkons done? 76ers are 2nd last to nets until their plsyers start producing. I wouldn't trade Giannis for the entire 7yers rostee and assers . 76ers need to worry about finding plsyers that can stay on the court.

Chirp back now, child puhlease. Chirp back once oden jr matches giannis's games palyed %. Dude is all hype and no action.

zn23
02-09-2017, 12:13 AM
Heat 12 straight and their next 3 games include Nets, Sixers and Magic. Could very well be 15 straight before they faced Houston.

Scoots
02-09-2017, 12:15 AM
Are Butler and Wade DNP-CDs for the Warriors game? That's brutal. They'll get ripped for "resting" "stars" right?

Saddletramp
02-09-2017, 12:53 AM
Are Butler and Wade DNP-CDs for the Warriors game? That's brutal. They'll get ripped for "resting" "stars" right?

I don't know about Wade but Jimmy missed last Friday's game against the Rockets (and being from the area, he sprang for some tickets, too. Doubt he'd have missed it if it weren't serious).

zn23
02-09-2017, 01:04 AM
Ty Lawson has fallen off in ways I haven't seen a player fall off before. Just two years ago we were debating whether he was a top 5 point guard and a potential all-star, two years later he's probably not even a top 30 point guard.

Scoots
02-09-2017, 01:23 AM
I don't know about Wade but Jimmy missed last Friday's game against the Rockets (and being from the area, he sprang for some tickets, too. Doubt he'd have missed it if it weren't serious).

It wouldn't matter what they want if the coach said no go.

JAZZNC
02-09-2017, 01:27 AM
And what has oden jr or simmons done to stay oncthe list? Post funny **** on social media? Honestly, comping Embiid to oden is a little far. Oden at least played in 60 games his first season. TF has Embiid done? TF has simkons done? 76ers are 2nd last to nets until their plsyers start producing. I wouldn't trade Giannis for the entire 7yers rostee and assers . 76ers need to worry about finding plsyers that can stay on the court.

Chirp back now, child puhlease. Chirp back once oden jr matches giannis's games palyed %. Dude is all hype and no action.

How drunk are you exactly?

OT the Jazz are getting healthy and getting chemistry finally. Results are showing! An absolute beat down of the Pelicans tonight including making AD look mortal. I really like our team, I think we are a much better version of the Hawks from a couple years back. Still not really contenders but I think come the playoffs we can give anybody in the West a serious run except GS.

tredigs
02-09-2017, 01:28 AM
A Curry 3 in the 3rd was pretty falsely called on O Foul (where he was clearly fouled.at that). Sent him to the bench with 4.

Expect bball vengeance here.

Saddletramp
02-09-2017, 01:35 AM
It wouldn't matter what they want if the coach said no go.

They showed Jimmy before the game and shaking is head and holding his leg. Looked like he just couldn't go.

FlashBolt
02-09-2017, 02:10 AM
bulls look bad. Surprised they aren't working out trades for butler/rondo. Why is rondo still there anyways?

tredigs
02-09-2017, 03:22 AM
A Curry 3 in the 3rd was pretty falsely called on O Foul (where he was clearly fouled.at that). Sent him to the bench with 4.

Expect bball vengeance here.

Went from a 13 point game to a 30+ point win. Just sayin.

tp13baby
02-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Ty Lawson has fallen off in ways I haven't seen a player fall off before. Just two years ago we were debating whether he was a top 5 point guard and a potential all-star, two years later he's probably not even a top 30 point guard.

He coulda cashed in. He prioritized partying over everything lost speed and now his confidence.

Scoots
02-09-2017, 10:11 AM
They showed Jimmy before the game and shaking is head and holding his leg. Looked like he just couldn't go.

Or acting like he couldn't go :)

To be fair he wasn't listed as DNP-CD and Wade was.

JLynn943
02-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Kings have now beaten the Warriors, Cavaliers, and Celtics over the last two weeks, and they've lost to the Suns and Embiid-less 76ers. We're an enigma.

Dade County
02-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Kings have now beaten the Warriors, Cavaliers, and Celtics over the last two weeks, and they've lost to the Suns and Embiid-less 76ers. We're an enigma.

Maybe scripted :shrug:

kdspurman
02-09-2017, 01:57 PM

Man... If/when this team becomes bad. Idk how I'll handle it. I've become quite spoiled. :o

Scoots
02-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Man... If/when this team becomes bad. Idk how I'll handle it. I've become quite spoiled. :o

What happens is that you expect them to get great again quickly. It takes about 20 years of bad for you to no longer believe.

Saddletramp
02-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Or acting like he couldn't go :)

To be fair he wasn't listed as DNP-CD and Wade was.

Sounds like Jimmy is still ailing and Hoiberg told Wade he wouldn't matter so take the day off.

Vee-Rex
02-09-2017, 11:03 PM
Cameron Payne is shooting 31% FG this year. 27% from three.

Vs. us? 71%FG and 3/4 75% from 3.

I swear every bum we play against have these kind of games. TOUGH shots.

kdspurman
02-09-2017, 11:40 PM
What happens is that you expect them to get great again quickly. It takes about 20 years of bad for you to no longer believe.

5 years would seem like an eternity , can't imagine 20 haha

tredigs
02-09-2017, 11:40 PM
Double whammy for the Cavs. Falsely told the media they would sit the big 3 to try to side swipe OKC, then started then all and lost anyway. Clownt.

aman_13
02-09-2017, 11:46 PM
Cavs looked tired. Good win for OKC. Can't wait for Saturday.

Vee-Rex
02-10-2017, 12:02 AM
Cavs looked tired. Good win for OKC. Can't wait for Saturday.

We gave up 17 offensive rebounds :laugh2:

Saturday should be entertaining but only for KD's return. GS will probably blow them out.

Scoots
02-10-2017, 12:12 AM
Double whammy for the Cavs. Falsely told the media they would sit the big 3 to try to side swipe OKC, then started then all and lost anyway. Clownt.

And LeBron racked up 41 minutes in the loss.

Without Shump and JR the Cavs depth is just invisible.

JAZZNC
02-10-2017, 12:25 AM
And the Jazz completely poop themselves in the 4th quarter and lose in OT. Absolutely no production from the PG spot. Hill was much needed tonight as was some semblance of offense from the PF spot. Sometimes I just literally can't stand Favors...all the physical talent in the world and he is just ok with being mediocre at best....

Giannis94
02-10-2017, 12:32 AM

tredigs
02-10-2017, 12:49 AM
And the Jazz completely poop themselves in the 4th quarter and lose in OT. Absolutely no production from the PG spot. Hill was much needed tonight as was some semblance of offense from the PF spot. Sometimes I just literally can't stand Favors...all the physical talent in the world and he is just ok with being mediocre at best....

Gobert fouled out and the Jazz were screwed. I lost a few thousand on the under when that **** went OT. Pathetic performance from the Jazz. They are not there yet.

ewing
02-10-2017, 12:54 AM

Bron was clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
02-10-2017, 12:56 AM

Saturday should be entertaining but only for KD's return. GS will probably blow them out.

That's what OKC does. I love Thompson but I think the reason you didn't see him impacting the boards is bc of how many of those dudes OKC has

ewing
02-10-2017, 12:58 AM
And LeBron racked up 41 minutes in the loss.

Without Shump and JR the Cavs depth is just invisible.

I feel bad for him. All his mins could impact his legacy. Can we get the guy a backup point guard?

ewing
02-10-2017, 12:59 AM

How has hill been? I'm a big fan. Haven't seen one jazz game this year

ewing
02-10-2017, 01:01 AM
Gobert fouled out and the Jazz were screwed. I lost a few thousand on the under when that **** went OT. Pathetic performance from the Jazz. They are not there yet.

What was your bet?

tredigs
02-10-2017, 01:02 AM
Bron was clutch

Definitely. In the 4th quarter he missed a layup and a 14 foot jumper and had no rebounds or assists. Clutch performance in a game tied with 6 to go.

tredigs
02-10-2017, 01:03 AM
What was your bet?

In-Play Under 202.5 and 201.5 for a lot. Both losses after the 100-100 OT obviously.

ewing
02-10-2017, 01:17 AM
In-Play Under 202.5 and 201.5 for a lot. Both losses after the 100-100 OT obviously.

Hard core. I figured it some kind of parlay. It was just an over/under bet on that game?

Scoots
02-10-2017, 08:19 AM

Well said.

Scoots
02-10-2017, 08:21 AM
That's what OKC does. I love Thompson but I think the reason you didn't see him impacting the boards is bc of how many of those dudes OKC has

And the Warriors are down 3 bigs coming in.

Scoots
02-10-2017, 08:23 AM
How has hill been? I'm a big fan. Haven't seen one jazz game this year

When the Jazz are healthy for a few games in a row they really start to look good ... but that has been rare. Hill, when he's played, has looked very good and clearly takes the whole team up a level.

Giannis94
02-10-2017, 09:37 AM
Clevelands "big 3" lost to Okcs "Big 1". All the more reason that westy is rhe top player in the nba.

JAZZNC
02-10-2017, 11:47 AM
When the Jazz are healthy for a few games in a row they really start to look good ... but that has been rare. Hill, when he's played, has looked very good and clearly takes the whole team up a level.
Hill has been very good for us. I think the main reason he brings the team up so much is the incredible drop off in talent from him to our backups. Exum is horribly inconsistent and Mack really isn't an NBA player.

Its kind of crazy to think we would be hosting a first round series if the playoffs started today with the ridiculous amount of injuries we've sustained this season.

Vee-Rex
02-10-2017, 11:57 AM

Yeah. There's several big men that really gives Thompson fits when it comes to rebounding. Gortat, Adams, Valanciunas... Dwight Howard is another. They all do a good job at neutralizing TT.

We still could've done muuuuuuch better getting rebounds though. Cavs may have been tired but watching the ball bounce OKC's way and/or our guys refuse to box out made my eyes bleed.

aman_13
02-10-2017, 12:20 PM

I felt tired watching them lol. LeBron looked like he was ready sit the entire game after the first quarter haha.

Seriously though, the last game on the long road trip is always brutal.

Saddletramp
02-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Saw this last night and immediately rolled my eyes but I was pretty good and hammered so I just let it go. Sober (so far) tonight and nope, still a dumb ****ing thing to say.

Three games in four nights and it's a "whammy" yet when GS loses on a back to back it's
Warriors were on a road b2b though. Never really embarrassing to lose that game.

Lol, talk about being a clown....and a homer to boot.
(Not sure why they said they'd rest the three and then didn't but I doubt it was just to "side swipe" anyone).

FlashBolt
02-10-2017, 11:55 PM
Saw this last night and immediately rolled my eyes but I was pretty good and hammered so I just let it go. Sober (so far) tonight and nope, still a dumb ****ing thing to say.

Three games in four nights and it's a "whammy" yet when GS loses on a back to back it's

Lol, talk about being a clown....and a homer to boot.
(Not sure why they said they'd rest the three and then didn't but I doubt it was just to "side swipe" anyone).

Lmao, he's incredibly delusional. I hate to say it but it might be dementia. That's just embarrassing.

tredigs
02-11-2017, 12:02 AM
What are you two losers going on about now? "double whammy" is a phrase for a double setback. The Cavs wanted to rest their starters (who have been going overboard on minutes, LBJ leading the whole league), but decided the game was important enough to win. Then they lost anyway. Yes, it's a "schedule loss" and not a big deal from that end (ditto Warriors and all b2b losses on the road), but it still sucks for them seeing as they were originally planning to throw the game for rest purposes. You two are such clowns it's amazing.

Saddletramp
02-11-2017, 12:08 AM
But your "double whammy" wasn't talking about not getting rest AND losing. You implied it was that they

Falsely told the media they would sit the big 3 to try to side swipe OKC, then started then all and lost anyway.

Your "double whammy" consisted of them "falsely" saying they were sitting the big 3 AND losing anyway.

Wish I remembered which thread you called me an "idiot" in, because right back atcha.

Bosses and clowns, lol.

tredigs
02-11-2017, 12:16 AM
But your "double whammy" wasn't talking about not getting rest AND losing. You implied it was that they

Your "double whammy" consisted of them "falsely" saying they were sitting the big 3 AND losing anyway.

Wish I remembered which thread you called me an "idiot" in, because right back atcha.

Bosses and clowns, lol.

Yes, reports all stating they would sit them due to their team fatigue. Something changed where they decided the game was important enough to try to win. Understandable for a team that just had a terrible month and had been in the news for the wrong reasons of late. The Warriors are 8 games up on them and 4 on the Spurs. Their stars aren't leading the NBA in minutes played. They can afford to drop a road b2b here and there. Cavs flip-flopped and decided their game was important enough to win and forgo their (now publicly stated) need for rest, but no dice. Double whammy.

Go to bed, clowns.

Saddletramp
02-11-2017, 02:12 AM
It wasn't even "publicly stated". Lue said he'd let the guys decide if they wanted to take the day off (he never said they would, they never said they would). For whatever reason (whether the league forced them, they decided that they didn't want the bad press, or they felt good and ready to go) is irrelevant. Lue said he was thinking about it and it didn't happen.

They lost, which isn't a "whammy" by your own admission, and they didn't lie about sitting then playing. The only way they might get one Tredigs Whammy is them putting effort and minutes into a game and it not converting to a win. But A, that's not what you said, B, that's only one "whammy" (in your eyes, at least), and C, with the break coming up and it being on national tv, why wouldn't they try for that win with the Celtics hot on their heels?

Christ, kid. You hate Lebron so ****ing bad after him "clowning" your bros that you nitpick every little ****ing thing that you can and you sound like

Ehhh, go double whammy a clown, boss.

FlashBolt
02-11-2017, 02:19 AM
The only one worried about Cavs losing is you, Tredigs. Cavs played and lost. Quit being a detective and rub Draymond's you know what.

Saddletramp
02-11-2017, 02:28 AM
Remember last year when he said he was going to stop posting here and solely go to another site, then disappeared, then showed back up early in the playoffs and hasn't left since? I assume he either

A) Went to jail
B) Went to rehab
C) Got run off by the other site for being an over the top Warrior mark
D) Was running from his bookie after a bad run
D) Realized he'd rather talk **** to us "clowns" because he couldn't hang with those "bosses"
E) Couldn't live without lol,please
F) Fugured the Warriors would choke but then rolled the dice, gambling gangster style
G) Had to take a mental break because he's going through the early onset of dementia
H) Just straight up lied.

One of those.

Saddletramp
02-11-2017, 02:33 AM
The only one worried about Cavs losing is you, Tredigs. Cavs played and lost. Quit being a detective and rub Draymond's you know what.

Also, I love how he said Draymond is an unselfish player yet didn't he almost cost them a win last year in Philadelphia when he was trying too hard for a triple double? And we all know how he kept putting them in jeopardy of getting suspended because he just HAS to kick people (hasn't been doing that as much lately? But I thought he COULDN'T HELP HIMSELF?) and then he couldn't control his emotions and got suspended late in the Finals series.

Yeah, real unselfish....... What a clown. Maybe he calls that kick the Double Whammy and since his boy hasn't (inexplicably) used it much lately he misused it in this thread.

FlashBolt
02-11-2017, 02:40 AM
I'm not sure. I ignored most of his posts. Most of the community here has seen him turn into one of the worst homers around. He takes personal attacks at character rather than content. Seems to be a grumpy old man. Probably unmarried or divorced a few times judging by his narcissistic tendencies. He probably has a gambling addiction as well. It's sad, yeah. I hope PSD is only a way for him to vent his frustrations but man, it would be painful having to be next to him IRL. I'd rather be deaf, truthfully. I'm getting a bit personal here but really, does anyone feel he's a tad bit lonely? We're here for you, Tre. PSD has got your back :hi5: