PDA

View Full Version : LBJ: Only player in top-20 for points, assists and steals

JasonJohnHorn
02-08-2017, 12:41 AM
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/828776844610633728

Steals: 20th (22nd when including ABA stats but should be 20 by seasons end: http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/stl_career.html)
Assists: 13th (a forward mind you: http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ast_career.html)
Points: 10 (likely 9th by seasons end: http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_career.html)

For Blocks he is currently at 133 with 799. To reach the top 20, he needs about 1300.... not likely.

For rebounds he is 94 (including ABA) and 82 with just NBA stats (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/trb_career.html). He'll need about 5000 to finish top 20. That'd require no injuries and for him to play to 42 maintaining his current average. Not likely.

Really impressive what this guy does and how he's kept up this level for so many years. It's very likely he could keep up a 20/5/5 average until the age of 40. Can't wait to see where he finishes on this list. It's such a treat to get to watch such rare, all-around talent.

More-Than-Most
02-08-2017, 01:49 AM
he needed all great players for that... not a big deal at all. Jordan did it with less help/no help and was uber smart and the perfect businessman and player.

SoxPatsCeltsBs
02-08-2017, 01:53 AM
Easily top 20 in complaining as well.

LA_Raiders
02-08-2017, 02:59 AM
Top 3 in flops, and Top 1 in player that needs 2
Stars to win a ship, and pushes for a 3rd.

mightybosstone
02-08-2017, 08:14 AM
he needed all great players for that... not a big deal at all. Jordan did it with less help/no help and was uber smart and the perfect businessman and player.

I can't tell if you're serious or not. The level of talent around him would have practically no bearing whatsoever on his individual stats. In fact, with worse talent around him, his numbers probably would be greater. Look at his peak Cleveland years.

mightybosstone
02-08-2017, 08:20 AM
He's probably a lock at this point to finish top 3 in points unless he has some serious injury problems or retires early. But if he sticks around long enough and can give us 3-4 more really good years and a couple more decent seasons, I think he's got a chance to finish first in points, top 5 in assists and top 10 in steals. That would be remarkable.

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 08:25 AM
I agree with everything minus mbts posts in thos thread

MarkieMark48
02-08-2017, 09:19 AM
lol... how did I know the hate would already he building up 4 posts into this one

Amazing talent. Imagine how much better he could have been if he had a Phil Jackson coaching him as soon as he came into the league?

FlashBolt
02-08-2017, 09:42 AM
lol... how did I know the hate would already he building up 4 posts into this one

Amazing talent. Imagine how much better he could have been if he had a Phil Jackson coaching him as soon as he came into the league?

Forget about Phil. LeBron needed teammates. He was stuck with Mo Williams as his second best player in his seven year career.

MarkieMark48
02-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Forget about Phil. LeBron needed teammates. He was stuck with Mo Williams as his second best player in his seven year career.

I think with someone like Phil coaching him, he would have not been so scared of the "clutch" moment early on in his career and built that reputation he cant shake anymore no matter what he does. But who knows theres a million what ifs for pretty much every athlete.

mightybosstone
02-08-2017, 09:49 AM
I agree with everything minus mbts posts in thos thread

Well I don't think "thos" post is very good either. And I don't see how my posts are particularly opinionated, chief. It's numbers. Kinda hard to argue with math.

MarkieMark48
02-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Well I don't think "thos" post is very good either. And I don't see how my posts are particularly opinionated, chief. It's numbers. Kinda hard to argue with math.

Unless his body really starts to break down or a major injury happens to him, I think he will retire the all-time scoring leader. I think he plays 2-3 more seasons at the level hes currently on, then he will be close enough to the record that he will continue to play until he surpasses it.

Giannis94
02-08-2017, 10:21 AM

Chill. No need to hate.

prodigy
02-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Best basketball player ever. size, strength, speed this guy has. great scorer, passer, very good rebounder and defender. clutch, becoming a better leader. beast

mightybosstone
02-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Chill. No need to hate.

lol. Didn't you just get done saying that you agree with everything except essentially every word I posted in this thread? And then when I respond, you say "no need to hate?" That's pretty hypocritical, man. Don't poke the bear unless you're ready for a fight. And if you want to have a legitimate basketball debate that doesn't revolve around "Giannis is the GOAT! Haters gonna hate!," you just let me know. I'll be your huckleberry.

IKnowHoops
02-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Unless his body really starts to break down or a major injury happens to him, I think he will retire the all-time scoring leader. I think he plays 2-3 more seasons at the level hes currently on, then he will be close enough to the record that he will continue to play until he surpasses it.

Agreed. He's def breaking the all time scoring record. And I'd bet he does it pretty easily.

mightybosstone
02-08-2017, 01:08 PM
He's probably a lock at this point to finish top 3 in points unless he has some serious injury problems or retires early. But if he sticks around long enough and can give us 3-4 more really good years and a couple more decent seasons, I think he's got a chance to finish first in points, top 5 in assists and top 10 in steals. That would be remarkable.
Just to back up this point, I wanted to do the math to see how realistic this was. Based on his current averages and assuming he doesn't miss a significant amount of time, he'll probably get another 800 points, 40 steals and 250 assists this season (those are conservative estimates). That would put him at 28,852 points, 7,477 assists and 1,765 steals. To finish 1st, 5th and 10th in those respective categories, he would need 9,535 points, 2,914 assists and 387 steals.

Assuming he plays an average of 70 games per season (to accommodate for injuries and rest) and plays another six years, that would mean he would have to average 22.7 points, 6.9 assists and 0.9 steals over that time span. That seems totally realistic to me. And based on his current trajectory, all three actually seem fairly likely.

One other guy to pay attention to in these categories is Chris Paul, who is currently 10th in all-time assists and 16th in all-time steals. His career trajectory is obviously a lot tougher to gauge because of his injury history, but if he just averaged 500 assists per season (about 8.3 assists over 60 games) and 100 steals per season (about 1.7 steals over 60 games), that would skyrocket him to 3rd in total assists and 5th in total steals. I don't think it's likely Lebron will surpass Paul in either category, but I still think he finishes top 5 in assists and top 10 in steals.

Vinylman
02-08-2017, 01:43 PM

That hurt the above stats?

interesting

MarkieMark48
02-08-2017, 01:54 PM

interesting

that's kinda what I was thinking too.... Better teammates would probably hurt all stats except assists. Its kinda like those years where Kobe didn't have any help. While most Kobe fans are like the lakers wasted those 2 years of Kobe's prime!!! Deep down inside they thoroughly enjoyed them. Both years he led the league in scoring, gave them the "he shoulda won MVP those years" argument, and it led to the 81 point game which we all know how they feel about it

krazylegz
02-08-2017, 02:03 PM
ya,hes okay

Vinylman
02-08-2017, 02:34 PM
that's kinda what I was thinking too.... Better teammates would probably hurt all stats except assists. Its kinda like those years where Kobe didn't have any help. While most Kobe fans are like the lakers wasted those 2 years of Kobe's prime!!! Deep down inside they thoroughly enjoyed them. Both years he led the league in scoring, gave them the "he shoulda won MVP those years" argument, and it led to the 81 point game which we all know how they feel about it

yeah... it is kind of silly if they are saying he would have better stats with better players...

The point ranking is kinda interesting because of LBJ's FTA rate and 3s versus someone like KAJ...

Even if he passes KAJ I will still be more impressed with KAJ's numbers because of no threes and WAY less FT's

JasonJohnHorn
02-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Top 1 in player that needs 2
Stars to win a ship, and pushes for a 3rd.

I think he's tied with Magic, Bird, and Jordan in that category ;-)

More-Than-Most
02-08-2017, 08:28 PM
I can't tell if you're serious or not. The level of talent around him would have practically no bearing whatsoever on his individual stats. In fact, with worse talent around him, his numbers probably would be greater. Look at his peak Cleveland years.

100 percent sarcasm.... just look at how the thread continued... people are idiots... he is going to be the 2nd best player ever and arguably the goat if he shatters all records and wins another ring. Nobody realizes the diva jordan was or how he demanded help etc etc etc and how his team blows any of lebrons teams out of the water... lebron choked to dallas something jordan never did... i cant disagree with that but if i am building around any one player its LBJ.

FlashBolt
02-08-2017, 10:17 PM

interesting

what stats? I'm just saying that LeBron didn't need a coach but it just came down to the players. There was simply nothing he could do with a roster that included Mo Williams as his second best player when most teams would have Mo Williams being their fourth or fifth best. As for the stats, LeBron's stats led to wins so call it statpadding all you want but it led to great results.

MarkieMark48
02-09-2017, 12:21 AM
what stats? I'm just saying that LeBron didn't need a coach but it just came down to the players. There was simply nothing he could do with a roster that included Mo Williams as his second best player when most teams would have Mo Williams being their fourth or fifth best. As for the stats, LeBron's stats led to wins so call it statpadding all you want but it led to great results.

This thread is basically about stats though, not winning

FlashBolt
02-09-2017, 02:08 AM
This thread is basically about stats though, not winning

so why would lebron need phil again if it's just for stats? great players can pad stats with or without a coach. Not sure why it HAD to be phil.

MarkieMark48
02-09-2017, 09:10 AM
so why would lebron need phil again if it's just for stats? great players can pad stats with or without a coach. Not sure why it HAD to be phil.

Bc I feel like he could have better stats in crunch time had he had an experienced/better coach coming into the league

IKnowHoops
02-10-2017, 04:37 PM
At the end of the day, Lebron has done something no other player has been able to do. When his career is over and the stats are in, and his domination of those stats surpass Gretzky level domination, maybe then he will be shown the level of respect he deserves.

europagnpilgrim
02-10-2017, 05:37 PM
What's even more impressive is that this guy has been doing this day 1 rookie year, that is how you truly judge a player on his game/team impact/franchise value and how he pans out in the all time best rankings

he is top 10 for some but he is top 20 for sure in my book

another thing is where would you draft him if you put a list of the best players ever, its no doubt players I would pick over him but he is in the discussion no doubt

europagnpilgrim
02-10-2017, 05:42 PM
At the end of the day, Lebron has done something no other player has been able to do. When his career is over and the stats are in, and his domination of those stats surpass Gretzky level domination, maybe then he will be shown the level of respect he deserves.

but if you really use basic common bball sense not keeping track of blocks really put a damper on Dipper/B Russell resume because they were erasing shots at a unreal rate back in that time, Dipper was on another planet when it came to pts/boards/blocks and then to think he led the league in I think total assists as a Center and rules were made to stop him, nobody will ever post a 20+ game in all 3 categories and to be fair I bet he had 15-20 blocks in that game also since coaches use to have its stat guy keep track of his blocks and they recorded 25 on multiple occasions, that is beyond comprehension to the average fan especially in todays world

FlashBolt
02-10-2017, 11:51 PM
but if you really use basic common bball sense not keeping track of blocks really put a damper on Dipper/B Russell resume because they were erasing shots at a unreal rate back in that time, Dipper was on another planet when it came to pts/boards/blocks and then to think he led the league in I think total assists as a Center and rules were made to stop him, nobody will ever post a 20+ game in all 3 categories and to be fair I bet he had 15-20 blocks in that game also since coaches use to have its stat guy keep track of his blocks and they recorded 25 on multiple occasions, that is beyond comprehension to the average fan especially in todays world

Those stats are heavily inflated and I think we all know that. I still can't believe you think LeBron is ONLY in the top ten or top 20 discussion. I would guess most would have him in the top 5 already. He's #2 by the end of his career IMO. I don't think he gets another ring again barring another miracle. He'll break the scoring record just because he wants to play with his son in the league. What a beauty that would be.

europagnpilgrim
02-11-2017, 01:18 AM
Those stats are heavily inflated and I think we all know that. I still can't believe you think LeBron is ONLY in the top ten or top 20 discussion. I would guess most would have him in the top 5 already. He's #2 by the end of his career IMO. I don't think he gets another ring again barring another miracle. He'll break the scoring record just because he wants to play with his son in the league. What a beauty that would be.

Heavily inflated because he showcased it on the hardwood? they have like 112 games of later career blocks data and he averaged like 9bpg, all of his stats are inflated because he dominated like no other, that's like me saying Lebron looks to over pass to inflate his assists stats but it is who he is and he can score as well and rebound, now imagine if Lebron was averaging 30ppg and 22rpg with 12-15bpg for his career, that wouldn't be inflating stats but sheer dominance of stats, something that is hard to wrap your brain around

we are talking about a player who dislocated the Lebron James of his era shoulder with a clean blocked shot(G Johnson), its never been done since and never will be done again

Lebron being top 10 is nothing to frown or be mad at because its been that many really good players to come thru the league, Big O averaged basically a triple double 6-7 straight years or are his stats heavily inflated?

Dipper was averaging 70ppg in like a ten game stretch before he had that unreal 100pt game vs. Knicks, all his stats are inflated(excessive/unreasonably high) because he was like nothing nobody will ever see again

and I think we all know if you had to build a team and draft first it would be The Big Dipper in a landslide and Kareem/Russell on deck

if you feel Lebron is number 2 by end of career then you will have him over Jordan because Dipper is in a whole inflated league by himself, just look at the record books and rules that were changed to stop him not help him

had they kept track of blocks he would be miles ahead of Hakeem in career blocks, Russell would be over Hakeem as well

I hope he breaks the scoring record because if Dipper wasn't a team player he would have blown that record out the water and I believe it seeing he avg 40ppg in like his first 7 seasons, I bet he average like 15-20blocks per game those first 7years as well, Dipper should be charged for inflation domination

Big O said Dipper had way more triple doubles than him but they just didn't keep track of blocks back then and we all know Big O is the triple double machine king

FlashBolt
02-11-2017, 02:23 AM
Heavily inflated because he showcased it on the hardwood? they have like 112 games of later career blocks data and he averaged like 9bpg, all of his stats are inflated because he dominated like no other, that's like me saying Lebron looks to over pass to inflate his assists stats but it is who he is and he can score as well and rebound, now imagine if Lebron was averaging 30ppg and 22rpg with 12-15bpg for his career, that wouldn't be inflating stats but sheer dominance of stats, something that is hard to wrap your brain around

we are talking about a player who dislocated the Lebron James of his era shoulder with a clean blocked shot(G Johnson), its never been done since and never will be done again

Lebron being top 10 is nothing to frown or be mad at because its been that many really good players to come thru the league, Big O averaged basically a triple double 6-7 straight years or are his stats heavily inflated?

Dipper was averaging 70ppg in like a ten game stretch before he had that unreal 100pt game vs. Knicks, all his stats are inflated(excessive/unreasonably high) because he was like nothing nobody will ever see again

and I think we all know if you had to build a team and draft first it would be The Big Dipper in a landslide and Kareem/Russell on deck

if you feel Lebron is number 2 by end of career then you will have him over Jordan because Dipper is in a whole inflated league by himself, just look at the record books and rules that were changed to stop him not help him

had they kept track of blocks he would be miles ahead of Hakeem in career blocks, Russell would be over Hakeem as well

I hope he breaks the scoring record because if Dipper wasn't a team player he would have blown that record out the water and I believe it seeing he avg 40ppg in like his first 7 seasons, I bet he average like 15-20blocks per game those first 7years as well, Dipper should be charged for inflation domination

Big O said Dipper had way more triple doubles than him but they just didn't keep track of blocks back then and we all know Big O is the triple double machine king

It's inflated for obvious reasons. Adjusting for pace, Westbrook beats any of Oscar's stats by a long mile. If you think Wilt averages close to those numbers in any other era, there's not much I can object to. There's a reason why most people don't have Wilt on such a high pedestal. Big O averaged a triple double for 6-7 years because the game was completely different. A player like Westbrook playing in that era would zoom past any player out there with ease. Your stats are nice and all but it has zero context. Why do you think the most absurd statistical feats were from Wilt's era? Are you telling me the game has had lesser players throughout the years despite athletes being at near Super Saiyan levels?

FlashBolt
02-11-2017, 02:26 AM
Westbrook's era-adjusted stat line is 46.9 points, 14.6 assists and 12.2 rebounds per game.

That's using Oscar's minutes played along with the pace adjusted.

europagnpilgrim
02-11-2017, 05:11 AM
It's inflated for obvious reasons. Adjusting for pace, Westbrook beats any of Oscar's stats by a long mile. If you think Wilt averages close to those numbers in any other era, there's not much I can object to. There's a reason why most people don't have Wilt on such a high pedestal. Big O averaged a triple double for 6-7 years because the game was completely different. A player like Westbrook playing in that era would zoom past any player out there with ease. Your stats are nice and all but it has zero context. Why do you think the most absurd statistical feats were from Wilt's era? Are you telling me the game has had lesser players throughout the years despite athletes being at near Super Saiyan levels?

all this pace non sense is poppycock talk

first off how can non superior athletes play at a higher/faster pace than super supreme athletes of today? if Westbrook played back then he wouldn't be on a shooting level wise like a J West, he would be a rim attacker and the way Dipper got hammered back then(losing teeth) I doubt Westbrook would hold up since he isn't all that highly skilled sniper wise but he would be able to do what Baylor and others have done attacking the basket

nobody stats back then are really comparable to Dipper back then or now just Russell rebound/block numbers are, just look at the record books for factual proof, Bellamy and few others put up 30ppg and I could see Westbrook maybe doing something similar but then again it would matter if he was the 1st or 3rd option because he wasn't heavily recruited in his own era so who knows what would happen back then because he would also be at that skill set of that era and he isn't the top flight skilled person as of today but he can play because of his fire and passion for the game

people don't put Dipper on high pedestal is because they didn't watch him and its almost mythical to even think a player could put up a 40pt+ combined with rebounds in the same game to go along with 20+blocks, that **** don't even sound real to the mind of today, Big O avg a triple double for that stretch because he was that dominant of a player regardless when they played just as Westbrook is doing the same in a more team watered down era, people always talk about lesser teams back then when in all reality its a 3-5 team race for a title the past 20 years out of 32 teams which makes it even weaker or just as weak as back then

players of today cant play 42+ mpg for entire seasons and the last player I recall doing that consistently was The Answer in Philly

those are not my stats so why does it need context, it happened and that is what really matters in the grand scheme, Jordan won 6 out of 8 in a expansion era so does that diminish him? when you expand it makes the other teams give up avg to quality players to a expansion draft which softens the league not make it tougher to win since those expansion teams outside of Orlando take years to make noise(contend for titles) and will likely be bottom feeders for years to come

all I know is if you were a GM for any era and you had first overall pick to choose a player you would pick Dipper over Westbrook and whoever else without even blinking or you just don't know hoops, he is the most dominant solo act of all time and he was a better athlete than all the players to ever step foot in the nba in any era and was skilled as a true big man could ever be who plays down low in the post

as the legend Bill Russell called him ''a total monster''

Dipper was Super Duper Saiyan back then and over the athletes of today, that's how scary that guy was, to top it off he was the strongest athlete to ever live in all of professional big 4 sports

Frazier who played for the Knicks was asked how much would Dipper avg today in this modern day and he said 70ppg, not saying he is accurate but damn 70ppg in this era, J West said he would feel sorry for these Centers in the modern era if they had to go up against Dipper, embarrassing he said it would be

its like how people of who follow boxing today would say Floyd has the best defense but fail to realize he is the son of Sweet Pea Whitaker who has the best defense pretty much ever, same with those who say Ali is the greatest but pound for pound Sugar Ray Robinson is the best ever(even Ali said it himself) but most today didn't see him box so they wouldn't know how incredible he was, at top of his game Sugar Ray was 132-1(w-l record)

Dipper is widely regarded by his peers and those who know about ball in todays era as the best ever, he shut Jordan up in a heated debate they had about who was the best and told Jordan when they make rules to stop you and not help you then come back and talk to me, Jordan was left with his foot in his mouth speechless

europagnpilgrim
02-11-2017, 05:19 AM
Westbrook's era-adjusted stat line is 46.9 points, 14.6 assists and 12.2 rebounds per game.

That's using Oscar's minutes played along with the pace adjusted.

that's weak using Oscar minutes when he actually played those minutes, Westbrook should play the 45mpg like Dipper and those players and put up those numbers, era adjusted/pace is for excuse makers

Westbrook is averaging 30ppg as the number one high usage top dog, when KD was there he was a 23-25ppg scorer which is nice but he is no Big O, just think about it people are going crazy over his season this year but Big O did it for 6-7 straight years and I don't care what era it was because he easily could have put up just 10/10/10, same with Dipper he could have avg just 20ppg and people like you would be screaming he underachieved with all that natural Super Saiyan ability but he avg 40ppg his first 7 seasons in the league, his rookie year is the best season ever(for rookies all time) and if he was a non team player he would have avg 50ppg for multiple seasons(his words not mine), inflation domination at its finest

prodigy
02-11-2017, 03:36 PM
LeBron is already the 2nd best player NBA History and possibly the #1. I have him #1 simply because no other man dominates an entire game offense and defense. can cover all 5 positions, score, pass, rebound, win. Size, strength, It's just insane. I know he has a lot of haters and people who just refuse to remove themselves from Jordan's jock.

But the man who I've not always been very respectful of, deserves respect.

europagnpilgrim
02-11-2017, 06:00 PM
LeBron is already the 2nd best player NBA History and possibly the #1. I have him #1 simply because no other man dominates an entire game offense and defense. can cover all 5 positions, score, pass, rebound, win. Size, strength, It's just insane. I know he has a lot of haters and people who just refuse to remove themselves from Jordan's jock.

But the man who I've not always been very respectful of, deserves respect.

Did you ever watch Dipper play back then? he dominates at a way higher level on both sides of the ball and I am sure you wouldn't draft Lebron overall number 1 in all eras of ball combined like you would Dipper if you are a wise GM/Owner

its plenty of players who can cover multiple positions(in small spurts( but Lebron cant guard consistently those 5 positions because he would get destroyed on the block by true low post men and Melo has went for 35-40 plenty of times against them especially early in Denver career

Size and strength don't compare to Dipper

if people remove themselves from Jordan jock it is clear as day that Dipper is the best to ever step foot on the hardwood

but Lebron is definitely most likely top 10(at worst 15-20), and however you feel to place him inside that top 10 is your free will but he is not over Dipper regardless In my bball book

IKnowHoops
02-12-2017, 02:38 PM

A lot of those blocks were goal tends

Jamiecballer
02-12-2017, 08:58 PM

Get Real. What percentage of the league was African American during the period he played? I'm going to go out on a limb and say much lower.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Raps18-19 Champ
02-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Who gives a ****?

Lebron sucks.

europagnpilgrim
02-13-2017, 12:56 PM
A lot of those blocks were goal tends

And he got called for the ones he goal tended, once again had they kept track of his blocks his stats would be ever more mythical

europagnpilgrim
02-13-2017, 01:02 PM
Get Real. What percentage of the league was African American during the period he played? I'm going to go out on a limb and say much lower.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

He didn't use his Super Saiyan strength that he could have used, he beat those guys with skill(and of course Dipper dunks as well) and I know what you are saying but he was like no other regardless if the league would have been full of Baylor/Oscar/Kareem back then, cant fault him and Russell for being born back then and dealing with the open racism back then just like you cant knock the rules of today that allow flopping and other stuff that AA players are doing, I prefer to call them melanated/melanin ones

the best defensive player all time by most is B Russell and he avg 28ppg/28rpg against him head to head so I am sure others like Bellamy were melanatin color also and he torched him and whoever else because it really didn't matter

so hang on to that limb before it breaks

IKnowHoops
02-13-2017, 03:43 PM
He didn't use his Super Saiyan strength that he could have used, he beat those guys with skill(and of course Dipper dunks as well) and I know what you are saying but he was like no other regardless if the league would have been full of Baylor/Oscar/Kareem back then, cant fault him and Russell for being born back then and dealing with the open racism back then just like you cant knock the rules of today that allow flopping and other stuff that AA players are doing, I prefer to call them melanated/melanin ones

the best defensive player all time by most is B Russell and he avg 28ppg/28rpg against him head to head so I am sure others like Bellamy were melanatin color also and he torched him and whoever else because it really didn't matter

so hang on to that limb before it breaks

The thing is, everybody knows that Drob or Shaq would have just as good if not better numbers on even better efficiency if they had played in that era.

FlashBolt
02-13-2017, 04:43 PM
Euro, look, the era was weaker. It's why no one considers Russell the GOAT or even top five despite his winning reputation. It's why Jordan is the GOAT and not Wilt. Sorry, he can stuff the statsheet all he wants but the greatest statistical seasons were during Wilt's time and that's not a coincidence. You might be an old guy (in his 60's or whatever) and truly appreciates the old days but I hate to break it to ya, the game was undeveloped and not nearly as competitive as it is today. There were a few very talented players and then there were guys who also held part-time jobs because NBA was still in its baby stages. I have a difficult time believing (as Iknowhoops mentioned) that Shaq or D-Rob wouldn't dominate even more in that era. Simple logic would mean that the era was much easier back then; especially with all the rule changes made. You keep mentioning that the league had to change the rules to counter Wilt.. no, the league had to improve the game of basketball because the game was clearly not perfect. The game is much more balanced now than it ever was. I have a difficult time believing that DeAndre wouldn't have incredibly inflated numbers as well. I mean, DeAndre might be the most athletic center we've seen outside of Wilt. He would be a top player in Wilt's era. I have a VERY difficult time believing Wilt averages 50/25 in Jordan or the modern era.. and if you think he can do that, I'm not sure what to say.