PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolves sign Lance Stephenson

Twolves88
02-07-2017, 11:55 AM
http://prosportsdaily.com/articles/timberwolves-sign-lance-stephenson-453405.html

10 day contract. It will be interesting to see how he does..

tp13baby
02-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Really think he is a great fit for this team

mrblisterdundee
02-07-2017, 12:07 PM
I'm kind of bummed that Stephenson didn't get a shot on the Cavaliers. I think he'd be a great reserve for them at shooting guard and small forward.

LA4life24/8
02-07-2017, 01:10 PM
I'm kind of bummed that Stephenson didn't get a shot on the Cavaliers. I think he'd be a great reserve for them at shooting guard and small forward.

Bet bron said no. He seems petty enough to me that he wouldnt want him on the team cuz they dont get along. Also is this a good sign wolves have a deal in place for rubio? Ir am i just connecting dots that arent there?

FlashBolt
02-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Bet bron said no. He seems petty enough to me that he wouldnt want him on the team cuz they dont get along. Also is this a good sign wolves have a deal in place for rubio? Ir am i just connecting dots that arent there?

if lebron said no, he wouldn't have even been at the tryouts tbh. I think Lance is a good player but Cavs need a playmaker who can space the floor as well. Lance can't do that. Also, too many locker issues with him.

Twolves88
02-07-2017, 02:41 PM

No trade on Rubio this year. Dunn hasn't proven he can play in the NBA yet and Tyus is best as a second string player. Stephenson is a SG not a PG so position wise it doesn't make sense.

I hope his attitude doesn't affect our young players too much.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2017, 02:44 PM

trading away Rubio would be suicide right now. Hell I am confident the PG of the future for the Wolves isn't even currently on the roster.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2017, 02:45 PM
No trade on Rubio this year. Dunn hasn't proven he can play in the NBA yet and Tyus is best as a second string player. Stephenson is a SG not a PG so position wise it doesn't make sense.

I hope his attitude doesn't affect our young players too much.

luckily it's a 10 day deal. I guess all we can do is hope he was humbled by not being signed this past offseason, and we see a closer version to the older Indy guy that was so disruptive.

Hell, I would be fine if he just ended up not shanking Karl in the shower

LA4life24/8
02-07-2017, 05:56 PM
trading away Rubio would be suicide right now. Hell I am confident the PG of the future for the Wolves isn't even currently on the roster.

I forgot about lavine goin down... sorry about that. Sucks. Yeaah. Maybe they just trying to replace some of his numbers then? 10 day deal aint no risk, only possible reward.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2017, 06:00 PM
I forgot about lavine goin down... sorry about that. Sucks. Yeaah. Maybe they just trying to replace some of his numbers then? 10 day deal aint no risk, only possible reward.

Lavine was a failed experiment at PG early last year. I like him in the push and probe early in the clock as the ball handler, but he is very bad as a PG.

Honestly, we will need to address the PG position eventually. Rubio is not the long term answer, in a playoff series, his lack of shooting/scoring will be game planned against, and hammered on. meaning, teams will FORCE him to shoot by literally not even guarding him within 15 feet of the rim, and caving on all PnR's. He will kill us. Dunn hasn't shown anything to prove he is a capable starting PG in the future. So we will see what the FO does I guess. Dunn will get another 1-2 years, as most rookies do. Love his defensive potential, but man he sucks offensively.

ManningToTyree
02-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Worry about him with all those young guys but if he can still play could be a great pickup to ease the burden of losing lavine

IndyRealist
02-07-2017, 09:11 PM
luckily it's a 10 day deal. I guess all we can do is hope he was humbled by not being signed this past offseason, and we see a closer version to the older Indy guy that was so disruptive.

Hell, I would be fine if he just ended up not shanking Karl in the shower

Stephenson was on the Pelicans this year. He got injured and so they wavied him to bring on a body, and he continued to get paid because he was waived due to injury. My understanding was that the Pels wanted him back.

LA_Raiders
02-08-2017, 12:34 AM
I don't know what happened to the lance of Indiana. He is a bust now.

IndyRealist
02-08-2017, 09:44 AM
I don't know what happened to the lance of Indiana. He is a bust now.

Hard to be a bust as a 2nd rounder still in the league. Lance in Indy had a team of veterans around him that forced him to play a slow, methodical offense as the 4th option. Without that level of veteran leadership keeping him focused, he's a poor decision maker with questionable shot selection. All the physical gifts in the world, no ability to channel it.