PDA

View Full Version : Okafor to the Pelicans?

Stunner
02-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Sixers could be getting back unhappy center Alexis Ajinca and a future 1st round pick in a Jahlil Okafor trade to New Orleans, a source said

https://twitter.com/marcjspearsespn/status/828720558388809728

Stunner
02-06-2017, 06:02 PM
New Orleans has been engaged on several fronts to land a center, including pursuit of Brooklyn's Brook Lopez, sources tell @TheVertical.

https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/status/828725132617195521

Hawkeye15
02-06-2017, 06:04 PM
that is all he will get?

Stunner
02-06-2017, 06:07 PM
Sources: New Orleans has been trying to get a trade package that includes unloading Omer Asik contract. Philly deal wouldn't include him.

https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/status/828726090642358272

Stunner
02-06-2017, 06:18 PM
The 76ers reportedly are asking for Jrue Holiday (back) in a deal for Jahlil Okafor, sources tell @AmicoHoops.

Stunner
02-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Sources: Pels have been pursuing larger deals for center w/ 2 hopes: Trading '18 first-rounder (not '17 w/ loaded draft) and unloading Asik.

https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/status/828733139354796032

Hawkeye15
02-06-2017, 06:39 PM
Stunner is like a one man twitter

Stunner
02-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Sources: New Orleans talks with Philadelphia one of several it has ongoing, but Pels shopping assets - including '18 pick - throughout NBA.

https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/status/828737207011782656

Stunner
02-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Stunner is like a one man twitter

[emoji23][emoji23]

Ty22Mitchell
02-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Wow, talk about trading pennies on the dollar.

Vinny642
02-06-2017, 06:59 PM
If we get Okafor for a future first and Ajinca, OMG

Crackadalic
02-06-2017, 07:08 PM
So all it takes is a 2018 first rounder and a decent center? Bruh.

mrblisterdundee
02-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Ajinca seems like too little, and Holiday too much. If I were Philadelphia, I'd ask for either Hield or Galloway, along with Frazier and a first-rounder, in exchange for Okafor.
Holiday is New Orleans' best bet at point guard, so I don't see them giving him up. Hield is relatively unproven, while Frazier is languishing on the bench since Holiday came back. Galloway is only two years older than Hield, and has proven an equally adept shooter who could make a dandy backup combo guard.
Okafor could be the second-leading scorer on the Pelicans, while Davis could cover for some of his defensive deficiencies and not have to score as much.

Wade n Fade
02-06-2017, 08:21 PM
Okafor and Davis would be a fun offensive duo.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2017, 08:39 PM
any surprised with the offers havent watched him and are underestimating how valuable draft picks are becoming esp in this upcoming draft...Oka might be good in another system but you have to build the team around him to cover up for how horrid he is defensively... he will be a journey man in this NBA... What is funny is most laker fans when they were getting him were calling him the next coming of christ until they drafted russ where i said i wish the sixers would stay far away from him and mudiay because they would be busts... I called oka a poor mans Al Jefferson and that might be a slap in the face to a poor mans al jefferson... Our fan base wants him gone just so they stop starting him and trying to force him with Embiid because embiid literally had his worse games only when he starts with OKA.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2017, 08:41 PM
Ajinca seems like too little, and Holiday too much. If I were Philadelphia, I'd ask for either Hield or Galloway, along with Frazier and a first-rounder, in exchange for Okafor.
Holiday is New Orleans' best bet at point guard, so I don't see them giving him up. Hield is relatively unproven, while Frazier is languishing on the bench since Holiday came back. Galloway is only two years older than Hield, and has proven an equally adept shooter who could make a dandy backup combo guard.
Okafor could be the second-leading scorer on the Pelicans, while Davis could cover for some of his defensive deficiencies and not have to score as much.

their first top 10 protected is more than fair in my opinion. Holiday would be overkill... I think Holiday for oka is as unfair as Ajinka for OKA... Its either going to be one or the other... we arent getting holiday and a top 10 protected that would just be silly.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2017, 08:42 PM
So all it takes is a 2018 first rounder and a decent center? Bruh.

this draft is legit loaded... any top 15 picks have insane value.

dodgersuck
02-06-2017, 08:57 PM
People who don't watch the Sixers regularly have no idea how bad Okafor is as a rim protector/rebounder.

JLynn943
02-06-2017, 09:15 PM
any surprised with the offers havent watched him and are underestimating how valuable draft picks are becoming esp in this upcoming draft...Oka might be good in another system but you have to build the team around him to cover up for how horrid he is defensively... he will be a journey man in this NBA... What is funny is most laker fans when they were getting him were calling him the next coming of christ until they drafted russ where i said i wish the sixers would stay far away from him and mudiay because they would be busts... I called oka a poor mans Al Jefferson and that might be a slap in the face to a poor mans al jefferson... Our fan base wants him gone just so they stop starting him and trying to force him with Embiid because embiid literally had his worse games only when he starts with OKA.

This is how I've thought of him, too. Could he develop? Sure, but I question if he has the work ethic. Is he atrocious defensively? Yes.

lakerfan85
02-06-2017, 09:37 PM

It's a 2018 pick.. Not this years pick..

Crackadalic
02-06-2017, 10:09 PM

I know this year is loaded but I meant next year. And I just found out the hold up is protection of next years pick. I think top 10 should be good enough. If AD/Okafor can't make the playoffs idk what else will

More-Than-Most
02-06-2017, 10:19 PM
I know this year is loaded but I meant next year. And I just found out the hold up is protection of next years pick. I think top 10 should be good enough. If AD/Okafor can't make the playoffs idk what else will

if they lose holiday and gain OKA that is legit a much much worse team

LA4life24/8
02-06-2017, 10:20 PM
Wow... this is not a good haul for him. They could do better. But sixers love them some draft picks so I guess its a win?

More-Than-Most
02-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Wow... this is not a good haul for him. They could do better. But sixers love them some draft picks so I guess its a win?

how can they do better outside of keeping him and praying his stock rises? He is horrid defensively... Not exaggerating he is literally one of the worst defenders in basketball... On top of that he has no instincts when it comes to rebounding the ball... He is a big out of his era of basketball.. The only way you get value is if he is willing to be a big off the bench which he isnt or if you literally build your team completely around him and have the perfect defensive pieces that could cover his defense and its just not logical to accomidate in todays NBA.

He has bad knee issues... He plays once or twice every 10 games and normally is forced to the bench... When they start him the sixers go from a top 3 defensive team to a bottom 3 defensive team and that stats back that up... He has no value. You get what you can get and move on... We have 2 centers who are just better.. Embiid is it and Noel is the perfect backup.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2017, 10:42 PM
let me be clear... I just said it in our forum... Everyone think he will be better next to AD... It wont matter... AD has gotten worse defensively this year... Now enter the OKA. OKA takes up a ton of space/cant pass/holds the ball to long and the teams offense starts to move in quick sand... He will hurt AD games if you move AD to the PF and start oka at center and try what the sixers tried with Embiid... The pelicans are dumb for even attempting this trade unless they plan to play oka strictly off the bench which again is the ideal scenario but not one that OKA will tolerate and improve upon.

Wade n Fade
02-06-2017, 11:57 PM
Is Ajinca just a filler? Doesn't help Philly with its big men logjam. It's so stupid how they're giving up the #3 overall pick from 2015 in a trade so quickly. Nerlens Noel should get dealt first.

dhopisthename
02-07-2017, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't want okafor if I am being honest. if all he is is a Utah version of Al Jefferson then I am not sure you can win with him as a starting center. He has to very efficient offensively in order to offset his poor defense and I am not sure he can be.

PhillyFaninLA
02-07-2017, 12:28 AM
Okafor and Davis would be a fun offensive duo.

More importantly (I'm agreeing with you), it puts Davis at PF which is where he needs to be and gets him back to what he was.

As a Sixers fan I don't love the deals I'm reading, I don't want take a contract back in an Okafor deal if we don't get a guard. I suspect the deal will have more players and maybe a third team if it ends up happening.

PhillyFaninLA
02-07-2017, 12:32 AM
People who don't watch the Sixers regularly have no idea how bad Okafor is as a rim protector/rebounder.

The sad thing is he is fairly heartless and puts in no effort. He can be a 20+ scorer with his natural talent doing that but with any sort of effort and he could be a double double machine and not an embarrassment on the boards.

I'd rather not make a trade with the Pelicans, I think a 3 team trade with Chicago and Boston makes more sense for us.

PAOboston
02-07-2017, 08:40 AM
Is Ajinca just a filler? Doesn't help Philly with its big men logjam. It's so stupid how they're giving up the #3 overall pick from 2015 in a trade so quickly. Nerlens Noel should get dealt first.
I don't think they'll be able to get too much for Noel either. Not because I don't think Noel is a good defensive piece but because he's a FA at the end of the year.

PhillyFaninLA
02-07-2017, 08:56 AM
I don't think they'll be able to get too much for Noel either. Not because I don't think Noel is a good defensive piece but because he's a FA at the end of the year.

restricted FA, team still can match any deal which help with Noel. I believe both may get traded, but not sure I'd trade Noel.

To me the bigger question with Noel is not being a restricted FA, its do you think he is potentially worth a big time or maybe even max deal. All it takes is one team to offer something bigger than you are willing to match, he with his potential and the fact that he has been showing some offense lately tells me someone will go big with an offer.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-07-2017, 09:30 AM
According to reports Pistons most coveted for third team. So 76ers or Pelicans must like something from them. Also 76ers want the deal to get bigger with Holiday in it. Okafor and Reggie Jackson to Pelicans for Holiday,2018 protected first and Ajinca?

TheDish87
02-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Who would the Pistons play at point?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Who knows. Maybe Frazier be tossed into the deal? Frazier seemed decent when Holiday was out with injury. Maybe becomes 4 team trade? Pistons were rumored to want Rubio/Shabazz for Jackson. Or a follow up trade for a PG. Maybe side deal of expiring Evans and second round pick for Rubio? Maybe need more salary in there. Seems 76ers aren't happy with protected 2018 first. Reason why they delayed the deal and asking for third team and Holiday.

TheDish87
02-07-2017, 10:36 AM
yea this is gonna get pretty interesting. Holiday isnt on the top of my FA list but if we can land him in a deal and sign him less than a max im all for it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-07-2017, 10:55 AM
Wouldn't be shocked if Nets steal the show here fast. If 76ers stalling for a bigger trade. Nets may just say give us unprotected 2018 first for Lopez and we'll eat both Asik and Ajinca. Nets get a pick they need. But then I'm sure Celtics be doing a dance hoping Nets free fall.

theducksmuggler
02-07-2017, 11:11 AM
According to reports Pistons most coveted for third team. So 76ers or Pelicans must like something from them. Also 76ers want the deal to get bigger with Holiday in it. Okafor and Reggie Jackson to Pelicans for Holiday,2018 protected first and Ajinca?

Looking everywhere for anything about the Pistons being a possible 3rd team, can you post a link or send me something because that could be pretty interesting because I could see the Pelicans being interested in Jackson because he is locked up for the next 3 years on an okay contract and wouldnt have to worry about signing Jrue long term

Vinylman
02-07-2017, 11:13 AM
restricted FA, team still can match any deal which help with Noel. I believe both may get traded, but not sure I'd trade Noel.

To me the bigger question with Noel is not being a restricted FA, its do you think he is potentially worth a big time or maybe even max deal. All it takes is one team to offer something bigger than you are willing to match, he with his potential and the fact that he has been showing some offense lately tells me someone will go big with an offer.

I think Philly fans are really missing this bolded issue when it comes to Nerlens trade value. When you don't consider contractual issues people have his value pretty much right but the real question is does Philly really want to pay a guy like Nerlens $20 million per year which is the risk of overvaluing him at the deadline versus getting nothing for him during the offseason.

PhillyFaninLA
02-07-2017, 11:24 AM
I think Philly fans are really missing this bolded issue when it comes to Nerlens trade value. When you don't consider contractual issues people have his value pretty much right but the real question is does Philly really want to pay a guy like Nerlens $20 million per year which is the risk of overvaluing him at the deadline versus getting nothing for him during the offseason.

Yeah and any team that trades for him has to be asking themselves the same question if they get his restricted rights.

mrblisterdundee
02-07-2017, 11:40 AM
their first top 10 protected is more than fair in my opinion. Holiday would be overkill... I think Holiday for oka is as unfair as Ajinka for OKA... Its either going to be one or the other... we arent getting holiday and a top 10 protected that would just be silly.

Did you read my post correctly? I agreed that Holiday is too much, and he isn't included in my trade proposal. I suggested Frazier, a first-rounder and either Galloway or Hield.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Looking everywhere for anything about the Pistons being a possible 3rd team, can you post a link or send me something because that could be pretty interesting because I could see the Pelicans being interested in Jackson because he is locked up for the next 3 years on an okay contract and wouldnt have to worry about signing Jrue long term

It got deleted now from twitter.

tp13baby
02-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Did you read my post correctly? I agreed that Holiday is too much, and he isn't included in my trade proposal. I suggested Frazier, a first-rounder and either Galloway or Hield.

Frazier is super underrated. My opinion I like him more than Jackson,

TheDish87
02-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Sixers actually gave Frazier his first contract

bleedprple&gold
02-07-2017, 02:43 PM

What do the Pistons get?