PDA

View Full Version : Zach Lavine Torn ACL

Wade n Fade
02-04-2017, 06:42 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18620657/zach-lavine-minnesota-timberwolves-torn-acl-miss-rest-season

Minnesota T-Wolves SG out for the season with a torn ACL.

MagicBucsSox
02-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Zach LaVine, the promising third-year Timberwolves guard and two-time Slam Dunk Contest champion, will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL in his left knee, the Timberwolves announced.

He suffered the injury on the Timberwolves’ first possession of the fourth quarter in in their loss to the Pistons on Friday. He was making a cut from the corner and came up lame along the baseline. He limped off the floor from there and did not return.

It’s unclear how long LaVine’s recovery will take, but it’s possible the injury may stretch into the beginning of next season.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/4/14511086/zach-lavine-injury-torn-acl-timberwolves-out-for-season

NFLAccess
02-04-2017, 06:46 PM
Bummer

Wade n Fade
02-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Bummer

He was having his highest scoring season too. Well, if Minny decides to fold up shop this season and tank, they can get another PG like Lonzo Ball or another SF like Tatum. They're loaded as it is.

ewing
02-04-2017, 07:07 PM
That's sucks. Feel bad for the kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhopisthename
02-04-2017, 07:27 PM
what a bummer. this late in the year he might not be fully back till the 2018-2019 season depending on how bad it is.

Crackadalic
02-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Trade Rubio and start getting one of those points guards in the draft

STRIKERC
02-04-2017, 08:26 PM

Wait, didn't they pick a pg in the lottery from last draft?

Minnesota is the one rebuilding team that should be set with young talent in all 5 spots. I don't think another draft pick helps them.

Wade n Fade
02-04-2017, 08:28 PM

Imagine a team with young guys like Dennis Smith, Wiggins, KAT, Dieng, and a Justin Jackson? That would assume that Smith goes in the Top 3 to Minny and Jackson goes to Minny in the late first or early 2nd depending on their trades before the deadline? That's all before Zach Lavine coming back.

Cracka2HI!
02-04-2017, 08:32 PM
This sucks, he's a good dude besides being a great young player.

tp13baby
02-04-2017, 08:40 PM
He was having his highest scoring season too. Well, if Minny decides to fold up shop this season and tank, they can get another PG like Lonzo Ball or another SF like Tatum. They're loaded as it is.

I'll go on the record to say Tatum is overrated. Personally a Melo that lacks burst to get by people. And he is an ISO guy, probably the last type of player Minnesota needs. Not a very good defender either.

Crackadalic
02-04-2017, 09:05 PM

Minnesota is the one rebuilding team that should be set with young talent in all 5 spots. I don't think another draft pick helps them.

Not a fan of Kris dunn. He was the best pg ina draft that wasn't rich in point guards. He's not a lottery pick in this years draft imo

Imagine a team with young guys like Dennis Smith, Wiggins, KAT, Dieng, and a Justin Jackson? That would assume that Smith goes in the Top 3 to Minny and Jackson goes to Minny in the late first or early 2nd depending on their trades before the deadline? That's all before Zach Lavine coming back.

It's scary tbh. If they got any combo of Fultz/Ball/Dennis I might become a wolves fan to have them as my second team

ewing
02-04-2017, 09:29 PM
you guys love a tank.

Pfeifer
02-04-2017, 09:34 PM
He was playing really well. Have him in the pool this year so Ive payed more attention to him. He was really having a break out year. Feel bad for him and wonder how it effects his career.

Scoots
02-04-2017, 11:53 PM
you guys love a tank.

Yes. Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte

Sadds The Gr8
02-05-2017, 02:27 AM
Not a fan of Kris dunn. He was the best pg ina draft that wasn't rich in point guards. He's not a lottery pick in this years draft imo

It's scary tbh. If they got any combo of Fultz/Ball/Dennis I might become a wolves fan to have them as my second team

Tyus >

tp13baby
02-05-2017, 02:41 AM
Tyus >

lol no.

Dunn is already a great defender. Tyus doesn't really do anything good.

Miltstar
02-05-2017, 08:41 AM
I wouldn't say Dunn is a complete write off, if he really works hard on his shot he should be alright.

ManningToTyree
02-05-2017, 09:19 AM
Awful news hope he can recover to have similar explosiveness.

I still like Dunn they should trade Rubio.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Just a shame, doubt he'll ever fully recover. So much goes into these type of injuries from a psychological perspective (long layoff; stress in general when returning to the court) especially for (young) guys like this who base their game around athletic ability. Hopefully he comes back strong, as the Wolves are just a couple years removed from being a contender IMO.

tp13baby
02-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Gallo tore his ACL and missed a year and a half. He lost quickness and speed but still remains a force.

mrblisterdundee
02-05-2017, 05:42 PM

Another draft pick always helps, as talent or trade bait. For all Minnesota knows, Dunn could be the second coming of Rubio. LaVine, with his physicality and shooting, would make an awesome point guard, but seems to struggle running the point.
At least LaVine has his shooting. He'll need that when coming back.

Sadds The Gr8
02-06-2017, 12:17 AM
lol no.

Dunn is already a great defender. Tyus doesn't really do anything good.

and terrible on offense. Depends what you like out of your PG I guess. I prefer Tyus' shooting and passing, but yea, Dunn definitely better on defense

Hawkeye15
02-06-2017, 10:51 AM
pretty big bummer. If it hurts his athleticism, that will be unfortunate. He wasn't really contributing to winning this year, his defense is still bad, and since his hip injury he hasn't been playing well. Hopefully we can pump up Bazz's trade value at this point, I can't continue to watch him anymore.

The Wolves have already put themselves way out of position to grab a top 3 pick. And frankly I don't care about that anymore.

As for Dunn, since he has been brought up in this thread, the dude is going to be a pit bull defensively, but he is very limited on offense. Avery Bradley is basically his upside. His shot is jacked, his first step isn't anything special, his court vision is average, and he doesn't understand spacing or positioning in the slightest. Tyus is a far better PG at this point offensively, but he can't guard a wet paper bag. Combine the two, and you have a solid prospect. Alas, it doesn't work that way.