PDA

View Full Version : Would adding giannis make the knicks a contender?

ewing
02-04-2017, 01:42 AM
Idk

Giannis94
02-04-2017, 02:23 AM
This is what you gst when yoy fail to cirb iknowhoops

Answer: yes.

europagnpilgrim
02-04-2017, 02:30 AM
he would make them a darkhorse out East to challenge but I don't know if they can beat a Raptors/Cavs/Celtics but it would be fun to watch

I know the NY media would have a field day overhyping the new future duo of Porz and The GF, it would be on hype overdrive

More-Than-Most
02-04-2017, 03:03 AM
he has just as much talent on the bucks around him and are a worse team... no. Kevin love 2.0 just doesnt equate to wins : )

Saddletramp
02-04-2017, 05:40 AM
I wish you all would get banned.

Wait, we're being serious here?

More-Than-Most
02-04-2017, 06:00 AM
I wish you all would get banned.

Wait, we're being serious here?

how much would you miss me doh... you and ewing couldnt live without me... les be real

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2017, 05:22 PM
I think you mean would adding Porzingis make the Bucks contenders. ;-)

valade16
02-04-2017, 06:12 PM
Is there a team that is currently not a contender that adding Giannis to makes them a contender?

Scoots
02-04-2017, 11:57 PM
Is there a team that is currently not a contender that adding Giannis to makes them a contender?

No.

Pfeifer
02-05-2017, 01:08 AM
The Giannis nut hugging in this forum is nauseating. Hes good but hes not that good yet. Maybe he will be but not yet.

JAZZNC
02-05-2017, 09:45 AM
He is the kind of guy that will fall off a cliff come playoff time because he can't shoot his way out of a wet paper bag. He's a good player but he's not making any non competitive team a contender or the Bucks would have a much better record. Now stick him at PF on the Jazz and that's an interesting team :)

archdevil84
02-05-2017, 12:02 PM
i think at this point giannis on his own is a contender

mrblisterdundee
02-06-2017, 01:12 AM
No.
It would take a team with decent shooting, but I think there's at least a few that would become contenders with the addition of Giannis:
Atlanta Hawks: They're already playing well since trading Korver, including the predictably great team defense. They've got a ton of shooters to spread the floor while Giannis euro steps inside, along with Howard protecting the rim.
Los Angeles Clippers: I don't consider the Clippers as in the same category as San Antonio and Golden State with all their injury issues, but Giannis would put them there. Paul would still be the floor general once he gets back, but he and Giannis would make for some killer ball movement.
Boston Celtics: They have shooters all over the floor and great team defense similar to Atlanta. Play Giannis at power forward. Let him rampage inside. He can also help cover for Thomas, who will get that many more open looks.

Scoots
02-06-2017, 10:32 AM
It would take a team with decent shooting, but I think there's at least a few that would become contenders with the addition of Giannis:
Atlanta Hawks: They're already playing well since trading Korver, including the predictably great team defense. They've got a ton of shooters to spread the floor while Giannis euro steps inside, along with Howard protecting the rim.
Los Angeles Clippers: I don't consider the Clippers as in the same category as San Antonio and Golden State with all their injury issues, but Giannis would put them there. Paul would still be the floor general once he gets back, but he and Giannis would make for some killer ball movement.
Boston Celtics: They have shooters all over the floor and great team defense similar to Atlanta. Play Giannis at power forward. Let him rampage inside. He can also help cover for Thomas, who will get that many more open looks.

The Celtics are currently the 2nd seed in the East, the Clippers and Hawks are 5th seeds. It's not hard to argue that they are all already contenders.

tredigs
02-06-2017, 10:37 AM
The Celtics are currently the 2nd seed in the East, the Clippers and Hawks are 5th seeds. It's not hard to argue that they are all already contenders.

Actually it's pretty hard to argue a 5 seed is a contender.

Hawkeye15
02-06-2017, 11:05 AM
no, but they would fight for .500 I believe.

Giannis94
02-06-2017, 11:15 AM

not when lebron is GM and the organization is riddled with an implosion before our eyes.

latinofire21
02-06-2017, 11:34 AM
I don't think Giannis would make the Knicks a contender but I would still want him on the team. Its hard for anyone to really be considered a contender with how soft the top players in todays game are. You got 4 of them on the number 1 team and 3 on the number 2 team. Its actually a joke with how competitive the league is as a whole ever since Lebron started the whole super friends ********. In a normal decade where players want to beat the best and not team with the best I would be more interested to see how a Giannis addition to any team fares across the NBA Landscape.

mrblisterdundee
02-06-2017, 12:18 PM

They're the second and fifth seeds above a bunch of flotsam. There are only three teams that can be considered contenders: Golden State, San Antonio and Cleveland. Honestly, I should have added Toronto and Houston to the list of teams Giannis could make into contenders. Utah would seem like a logical choice too, but I don't think he'd fit as well there.

mrblisterdundee
02-06-2017, 12:21 PM
The Knicks would be no means become a contender, but you could make an interesting lineup:

PG: Jennings
SG: Lee
SF: Giannis
PF: Anthony
C: Porzingis

That's right; I'm benching Rose and starting Jennings, who can actually spread the floor. Slot Anthony and Porzingis each up a spot, and you might approach a modern NBA lineup.

JAZZNC
02-06-2017, 03:45 PM
They're the second and fifth seeds above a bunch of flotsam. There are only three teams that can be considered contenders: Golden State, San Antonio and Cleveland. Honestly, I should have added Toronto and Houston to the list of teams Giannis could make into contenders. Utah would seem like a logical choice too, but I don't think he'd fit as well there.
I think he'd fit well in Utah at PF. None of our PFs can shoot anyway so a guy who's just better overall would be a huge upgrade.

ewing
02-06-2017, 03:47 PM

A bunch of what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAZZNC
02-06-2017, 03:51 PM
A bunch of what?

Useless crap aimlessly floating about at sea.

mrblisterdundee
02-06-2017, 05:44 PM
I think he'd fit well in Utah at PF. None of our PFs can shoot anyway so a guy who's just better overall would be a huge upgrade.

Trey Lyles can shoot, although he doesn't seem to get enough reps to gather any sort of rhythm. I think he's a guy who could be a quality starter if given the playing time. That's not to say Giannis wouldn't be a big upgrade.
Derrick Favors would definitely need to go if Giannis was added. It'd be interesting to see how Giannis and Hayward fit together. Both can run an offense and score over 20 points per game. I'm not sure how much better Giannis actually is than Hayward, who can do all the same stuff (not quite as good as Giannis), while shooting nearly 40 percent from three. Here's my Jazz lineup:

PG: George Hill, Dante Exum
SG: Rodney Hood, Alec Burks
SF: Gordon Hayward, Joe Johnson, Joe Ingles
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Trey Lyles
C: Rudy Gobert, Boris Diaw, Jeff Withey

Yeah; on second thought, that lineup would be absolutely murderous on both ends.

Hawkeye15
02-06-2017, 06:41 PM
A bunch of what?

wreckage

Scoots
02-06-2017, 11:30 PM

They get a chance to contend for the title in the playoffs, and the Clippers healthy were the #1 seed earlier in the season.

The 1995 Rockets won the title as a 6th seed.

There is no such thing as unbeatable.

Now if you are talking about a TOP contender then that makes it a smaller list.