PDA

View Full Version : How about them Bullets? Have they earned PSD's Ewing's respek?

Chronz
02-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Not a troll thread i swear. It's just this poster most reminds me of colin cowherd when it comes to John wall. Are they turning heads now tho?

5ass
02-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Yes. Both guards have elevated their game. You could see the flashes last year. Wall took his game to another level. Beal has also improved and is healthy. There was little doubt in my mind Beal had been underrated as a prospect. The numbers he put up at 20-23 years old not many can do. Even at a young age, when healthy, he looked good. Their other starters are playing well too. Porter is having a break out year and is developing into a great role player.

IndyRealist
02-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Beal's still pretty average, just on a high volume. He's certainly not a bad player, but also not worth his salary as the highest paid player on the team. That team is being carried by Wall, Gortat, and Porter, and being held back by Morris and pretty much their entire bench.

tredigs
02-02-2017, 06:28 PM
They remind me of a West 8 seed. Solid little team with a legit star in Wall and Otto Porter playing out of his mind. Like Indy just mentioned, they're not deep enough to do any real damage, but Eastern Conference wise they're a juggernaut to be sure.

JasonJohnHorn
02-02-2017, 07:05 PM
In terms of the roster... they are likely the most exciting young team in the east.

Potter and Beal are great shooters.... is Wall brings down his turnovers a bit and brings up his 3's, that team will be unstoppable.

Gortat is the question mark in my mind. Love the guy. Solid player. But he's older than everybody else, so I'm concerned that when this team hits its stride, it's going to back slide again because they don't have the post player.

That said.... it was really frustrating to see them backslide last season. They has a great year in 2015... I really wanted to see them build on that. They seem to be getting back there, and depending on the seeding, they may very well be challenging TO and Boston for the right to lose to the Cavs in the conference finals.

ewing
02-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Not a troll thread i swear. It's just this poster most reminds me of colin cowherd when it comes to John wall. Are they turning heads now tho?

I never thought he sucked. He was extremely overrated. I thought he improved last year b/c he got the ball out of his hands more. This year he has taken another step forward by being a better threat with the ball in his hands. Right now Wall is a very good point guard. If you remember when i was trashing him he was having a lesser impact and the majority of posters on here were saying he was better then Dam Lillard. I still don't think he is but but he has closed the gap. Anyway he still played for Coach Cal so I don't like him.

ewing
02-03-2017, 01:45 PM
I will say i think I've seen the Wizard play 3 times this year and Wall was probably better then I've ever seen him all 3 times

Giannis94
02-03-2017, 01:52 PM
This is a troll thread if Ive ever seen one.

ewing
02-03-2017, 01:56 PM

No, Chronz is right. I was hard on Wall.

Vinylman
02-03-2017, 02:13 PM

well ... we should all defer to your expertise on the subject matter

Giannis94
02-03-2017, 02:53 PM

well ... we should all defer to your expertise on the subject matter

If I posted a thread after the Bucks beat the Cavs in the playoffs with the title: "How bout them Bucks? Have they earned PSD'sVeeRex's respek?"- then that is an instant ban.

Vee-Rex
02-03-2017, 06:50 PM
If I posted a thread after the Bucks beat the Cavs in the playoffs with the title: "How bout them Bucks? Have they earned PSD'sVeeRex's respek?"- then that is an instant ban.

that's because you're known to troll

like I said... balance, my friend. balance

(and I like the Bucks a lot, it's just not their time yet)

Giannis94
02-03-2017, 07:11 PM
that's because you're known to troll

like I said... balance, my friend. balance

(and I like the Bucks a lot, it's just not their time yet)
I do not troll. Like the country song says: " I ain't spitting game I'm just speaking the truth"

5ass
02-03-2017, 07:27 PM
I do not troll. Like the country song says: " I ain't spitting game I'm just speaking the truth"

I believe that was Mozart.

Quinnsanity
02-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Damn it Chronz you know better than this. Don't get yourself banned. You're one of like the six guys on here who are worth talking basketball with.

ewing
02-03-2017, 11:04 PM
Damn it Chronz you know better than this. Don't get yourself banned. You're one of like the six guys on here who are worth talking basketball with.

he posted it drunk but its not a bad question. Wall was hailed a franchise player on here 5 years ago. He's finally playing like a guy that could be close to one. I think how good is Wall? Is finally a legit question. I mocked him being a great play maker when he couldn't run a half court offensive and was a ball dominate non-shooter in the 1/2 court. i haven't watched enough to make a conclusion on how good he is but i think Wall as an elite PG is finally a legit question.

D-Leethal
02-04-2017, 10:06 AM

glory hole?

j-bay
02-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Everything is going good for the Wizards. As a Wizards fan i didn't expect it to come all together. We will find out how good this is when the face the Cavs Monday.

ewing
02-04-2017, 11:33 AM
glory hole?

:shush:

One Nut Kruk
02-04-2017, 02:18 PM
glory hole?

Lmao. That is great.

Hopefully for his sake, the wall was paper thin...

j-bay
02-04-2017, 10:26 PM
The Bullets win again. Monday's game vs the Cavs should be a good one.

papipapsmanny
02-05-2017, 12:20 PM
They are good, the NBA is actually going to start putting them on TV so people can see them. Only in the NBA is DC viewed as a small market (which is laughable)

Wall is a top 5 PG, and I'd say Beal is a top 5 SG, and Porter leads the league in 3 point FG%

Morris is a solid stretch 4 who averages over 14 points per game

Gortat the worst of the starters almost averages 12 points and 12 boards.

The bench is awful hopefully Mahini and a little trade helps that

ewing
02-05-2017, 12:43 PM
They are good, the NBA is actually going to start putting them on TV so people can see them. Only in the NBA is DC viewed as a small market (which is laughable)

Wall is a top 5 PG, and I'd say Beal is a top 5 SG, and Porter leads the league in 3 point FG%

He's better. He's still not top 5.

CP3
Curry
Westy
Harden
IT

who you bumping?

IndyRealist
02-05-2017, 02:01 PM

Consider just for a second that these players just happened to be ranked in this post by their ppg. Wall (23ppg), Beal (22ppg), Porter (14ppg), Morris (14ppg), Gortat (12ppg). Beal is average and Morris is crap. Gortat is better than both of them.

Chronz
02-05-2017, 03:05 PM
lol, I envisioned your reply before it ever came. Stay true

papipapsmanny
02-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Consider just for a second that these players just happened to be ranked in this post by their ppg. Wall (23ppg), Beal (22ppg), Porter (14ppg), Morris (14ppg), Gortat (12ppg). Beal is average and Morris is crap. Gortat is better than both of them.

Gortat is slowing down he is older, and not very good at post defense. He does a lot of the dirty work, he is valuable to them.

Beal and Wall are their best two players, to me that is pretty clear

How is Beal average?

ewing
02-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Back Chronz question. yes. Dude plays hard as hell and improved on his weaknesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chronz
02-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Yeah, that motor is huge but I wonder how long these type of players can maintain it. I've always somewhat agreed with you that he is a flawed halfcourt player but he was a terrific defender with a great feel for the game. Like where has he ranked for you the past 5 years?

ewing
02-06-2017, 12:41 AM
Yeah, that motor is huge but I wonder how long these type of players can maintain it. I've always somewhat agreed with you that he is a flawed halfcourt player but he was a terrific defender with a great feel for the game. Like where has he ranked for you the past 5 years?

He was a 2nd tier pg and part of the reason was bc he thought he was isiah Thomas. Dude you got to move ball in the half bc you can't just go get buckets. It just lead too much dribble and too many empty possessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j-bay
02-06-2017, 11:14 PM
The Bullets lost, but i was proud about how well they played tonight. They proved that they can contend with the best tonight. They need to add a few decent bench players though.