PDA

View Full Version : Magic step up efforts to trade Serge Ibaka ahead of free agency

spreadeagle
01-30-2017, 09:42 PM
What are the Magic doing lol

“Some ways, I don’t think any of us are living up to, when you say, ‘We are good defensive players,’” Vogel said. “We’re not playing like good defensive players, and I’m not tying these guys together like a good defensive coach. So it’s a collective failure on that end and we have to get right.”

Even with the nice Toronto win, Orlando is 19-30, and just 4-12 since pulling within three games of .500 on the day after Christmas. This is especially frustrating for Vogel, who thought he was getting a Magic team that would have an immediate defensive upgrade with the arrival of free-agent center Bismack Biyombo and veteran forward Serge Ibaka, acquired in a trade with the Thunder for Victor Oladipo and lottery pick Domantas Sabonis, plus forward Ersan Ilyasova.

It has not taken long for buyers’ remorse to kick in. League sources told Sporting News that the Magic have picked up their attempts to move Ibaka ahead of next month’s trade deadline, eager to ensure that they come away with some return for a player who does not figure to be in Orlando long. Ibaka will be a free agent this summer. There is no chance of a Biyombo trade, not after the Magic paid him $70 million for four years this offseason.

Oladipo is 24 and Sabonis is 20, and both have been starters on a team that is eight games over .500.

Ibaka, 27, has been productive, with 14.9 points, 6.8 rebounds and 48.6 percent shooting from the field (38.3 percent from the 3-point arc), but he has not had the level of impact on the team’s defense the Magic had hoped. Ultimately, the team will have to shift third-year forward Aaron Gordon from small forward to power forward, Ibaka’s current spot.

But the big concern for Orlando is that they will have mortgaged two young pieces for Ibaka with no benefit, not even a modest bump in the standings. There is virtually no chance he stays in Orlando beyond this season. Ibaka is likely to search out a team more ready to contend in the summer, and the Magic can’t afford to hand him a big contract, not with Gordon still needing to develop as a power forward.

- See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/nba-trade-rumors-magic-step-up-efforts-to-trade-serge-ibaka-ahead-of-free-agency-452341.html#sthash.OTqApR2q.dpuf

HandsOnTheWheel
01-31-2017, 12:20 AM
Just such a senseless trade in getting Ibaka smh.

Dade County
01-31-2017, 02:22 AM
lol

Thats all.

mrblisterdundee
01-31-2017, 02:58 AM
I don't see why anyone would trade for half a season with an unrestricted free agent. All Orlando can do is try to move on from the mistake. I still think they need to go smaller, with Payton, Fournier, Hezonja, Gordon at power forward and either Vucevic or Biyombo at center. Play Biyombo more to tank even better.
If I were Ibaka, Boston would be first on my list of teams to join. He fits the Celtics' timeline perfectly, and would form one of the league's most dynamic front courts with Horford. And Boston doesn't need to give up anyone to get him.

DanG
01-31-2017, 03:07 AM
Ibaka, Lou Williams to Raptors

Noel to Lakers

Clarkson, Norman Powell to 76ers

Terrence Ross, Patterson, 17 1st round pick (LAC), 17 1st round pick (TOR) to Magic

mrblisterdundee
01-31-2017, 03:16 AM

Noel to Lakers

Terrence Ross, Patterson, 17 1st round pick (LAC), 17 1st round pick (TOR) to Magic

That's one way for teams to one-up Orlando on the stupidity scale.
Again: Ibaka's an unrestricted free agent this summer. Why would teams risk picks and good players for what could amount to a half-season rental?
I admit, Ibaka would be smart to sign long-term in Toronto. But whose to say he doesn't like Boston or Los Angeles better?

Jeffy25
01-31-2017, 03:57 AM

Noel to Lakers

Noel should have more trade value than that.

More-Than-Most
01-31-2017, 04:50 AM
Yea no way... Noel value is going to continually go up. Id rather just keep him and see what he will get paid.

RLundi
01-31-2017, 07:55 AM
The GM thought the Magic were gonna make the playoffs. We were going for contention this season at all costs. I don't think anyone in the Magic's brain trust stopped to see that the pieces did not fit at all. Now we're cutting our losses. I don't think anyone realistically thinks the Magic have a shot at the playoffs, so time to trade Ibaka.

I don't fault the team for trying to contend and do away with the rebuilding process already, I'm just annoyed that in a quest to make the postseason to appease the dying owner, we a) mortgaged our future, trading away Oladipo and Harris for nothing; and b) missed on our draft picks when there were far better options.

It's a very sad time to be a Magic fan, for the 6th year in a row.

da ThRONe
01-31-2017, 11:03 AM
I really don't understand how GM's can be so bad. I'm a fan of Ibaka's game but no way was he going to move the needle enough to speed up that project in Orlando. Have no idea why you trade for a one year rental.

ManRam
01-31-2017, 11:10 AM
Trade anything and everything not named Gordon, play Gordon at the 4, and prosper.

Gotta admit that this rebuild didn't work and cut the losses. The team made an effort to take the next step this summer and it didn't happen. No reason to sit around and try again. Blow it up, and try again. It's deflating, but whatever.

Scoots
01-31-2017, 11:11 AM
Ibaka was not a difference maker for the Thunder before the trade. I don't really understand that trade ... looking to get rid of him to clear room for Gordon makes sense.

What they need is a team in the middle of The Process to trade him to.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-31-2017, 12:46 PM
I think wherever Ibaka gets traded he will resign considering only teams with playoff chances are going to be the ones to take the risk on him anyways.

Whoever acquires him will have the upper hand by having his bird rights and apparently the most money matters to him also getting into fashion more so I think if he gets traded to Toronto he will stay there or Boston he will stay there even Portland with Lillard and CJ I think he would stay there too having his bird rights will help keep him

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-31-2017, 12:51 PM
Looking back a lot of us hate the Ibaka trade more now than we did then. I get what we were trying to do but to me there was no need for us to include our first round pick in that deal and now even though we should be tanking for a rebuild we have ownership that wants to win now and a GM who is trying to save his job so I expect some really dumb trades coming soon to make us even more mediocre.

Mario has turned out to be a bust thus far ... Maybe it's due to not enough playing time or his attitude but he doesn't seems to ever take advantage of the moments he gets and ends up back in the dog house

LA4life24/8
01-31-2017, 12:55 PM
I thought that ibaka trade was dumb when it happened... two young pieces for a rental of a player? Esp when that player wasnt gonna make them a better team. They already had a 4 in Gordon. Sabonis lookin like hes gonna be pretty damn good in a couple years too...

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-31-2017, 01:17 PM
Yea he is looking good but I believe we made that pick for the thunder he wasn't our choice.

It's a lot of bad luck and some bad moves during this rebuild.

Anyway ibaka trade rumors are starting with like 8 teams I have heard these names talked about in a deal for him.

Raptor- Ross(seems tho raptors want to keep him) Powell, PP, Poeltl

Boston- jaylen brown (doubt it) Crowder, Rozier, D.Jackson, Zizic

Spurs- Murray , Simmons

Suns- heard no names no one but chirss interests me

Wolves- I wish we could get Lavine (no chance) prob shabazz

Rockets- haven't heard any names

Trail blazers- crabbe, amminu, harkless

Pacers- no names but a poster in our forum said watch it be monta and sadly that is exactly that kind of dumb move we would make.

And before people freak I don't mean all of those names as a package I just mean those are names I've heard could be 1 could be 2 could be 1 and a pick and we could be giving ibaka and including others for all I know.

But to the fans of those teams what would you give for ibaka and his bird rights?

ManRam
01-31-2017, 01:19 PM
Yeah, even as someone who doesn't care for Vic and thinks Ibaka is the better player right now, it was a foolish trade. I hope we can recoup value, and maybe a team gets desperate for his services, but I doubt it.

I think it's fair to call the rebuild a bust. I don't think it was executed poorly necessarily (the Dwight trade was fine, for example) but a few weird trades and really bad draft luck doomed it. The Magic picked the wrong years to have high draft picks. The 2013 draft just blew in general (I can't blame them for not "reaching" for CJ or Giannis). The 2014 draft had 3 great players, and we picked 4th (I do have hope for AG, but man, Joel would've been nice). And picking 5th in 2015 meant we missed out on KAT and Porzingis (who I wanted)...or even Russell. It's just bad luck and it sucks. It's the risk you run with trying to rebuild via the draft.

Vinylman
01-31-2017, 02:07 PM
Lakers out Deng/Randle/Nance/Calderon/2nd rounder

Lakers in Ibaka/DJ/Green

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-31-2017, 02:18 PM
No way the Lakers do that ... I doubt they give up randle

ManRam
01-31-2017, 02:35 PM
I get why the Lakers might consider that. That Deng contract is BRUUUTALLLL. Randle's meh at this point, though he does show flashes. Nance is OK. Ibaka would be a big help for that team but as a team that feels very burned by a FO going "win now", I don't see why they'd move youth for Ibaka.

aman_13
01-31-2017, 02:44 PM
There is a lot of pressure on Masai to add a third piece to help DeMar and Lowry. I really believe Ibaka will be a Raptor at some point this season if the Magic are planning to trade him. They went after him during the draft so there is obviously interest.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-31-2017, 02:46 PM
Deng contract is unmovable. Deng and Mozgov are like top 5 bad contracts in the league. Lakers are stuck with those guys till the very end.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-31-2017, 02:56 PM
True I forgot deng got a big deal.... I think raptors Boston blazers make the most sense

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-31-2017, 03:00 PM
True I forgot deng got a big deal.... I think raptors Boston blazers make the most sense

Who you like from Blazers not named CJ or Lillard? They have a ton of bad contracts.

Rivera
01-31-2017, 03:29 PM
i never was a fan of the trade to begin with, especially with gordon developing it was bad timing. at this point im a fusterated magic fan like my piers, blow this sucker up again and try again, keep gordon, i wouldnt mind keeping fournier but if we can get a good deal, then we have to move him

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-31-2017, 03:48 PM
Who you like from Blazers not named CJ or Lillard? They have a ton of bad contracts.

I wouldn't hate a crabbe for ibaka deal. Crabbe did get paid but he is only 24 and is a 3/D guy we could use

Not my fav but I'd consider it

MagicBucsSox
01-31-2017, 04:35 PM
Yea he is looking good but I believe we made that pick for the thunder he wasn't our choice.

It's a lot of bad luck and some bad moves during this rebuild.

Anyway ibaka trade rumors are starting with like 8 teams I have heard these names talked about in a deal for him.

Raptor- Ross(seems tho raptors want to keep him) Powell, PP, Poeltl

Boston- jaylen brown (doubt it) Crowder, Rozier, D.Jackson, Zizic

Spurs- Murray , Simmons

Suns- heard no names no one but chirss interests me

Wolves- I wish we could get Lavine (no chance) prob shabazz

Rockets- haven't heard any names

Trail blazers- crabbe, amminu, harkless

Pacers- no names but a poster in our forum said watch it be monta and sadly that is exactly that kind of dumb move we would make.

And before people freak I don't mean all of those names as a package I just mean those are names I've heard could be 1 could be 2 could be 1 and a pick and we could be giving ibaka and including others for all I know.

But to the fans of those teams what would you give for ibaka and his bird rights?
We already have a Marquis Chriss

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-31-2017, 04:47 PM
He is still a good asset to have ... Trading ibaka for an asset is better then him walking

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2017, 04:55 PM
It was a STUPID trade to begin especially given the fact they were going after Byoimbo. They traded a building piece in Victor and Now they just set themselves back even more.

R. Johnson#3
01-31-2017, 05:05 PM

Noel to Lakers

:laugh:

I'm sure Masai is dying to bring Lou so he can chuck away. You do realize he let him walk without offering him a contract, right? Lou even came out to the papers and said he wanted to stay. Masai still didn't even text him. Lou is garbage so that trade is basically the majority of the Raps bench and 2 1st rounders for half a season of Ibaka. Give your head a shake! The only player that will get moved is Ross. The Magic are desperate now. Ross and a pick might actually get it done.

FlashBolt
01-31-2017, 05:05 PM
I would take him if you would take Kanter back.. other than that, I feel Ibaka lied about his age. Dude went from being a top defensive player to not even being able to jump over a damn hose.

5ass
01-31-2017, 05:48 PM
I would take him if you would take Kanter back.. other than that, I feel Ibaka lied about his age. Dude went from being a top defensive player to not even being able to jump over a damn hose.

Really? He had no problem blocking the **** out of Adams a couple of times this season. His athleticism has declined since his early days, but he still likely has an above average vertical for a PF. Lets not blow things out of proportion.

5ass
01-31-2017, 05:51 PM
:laugh:

I'm sure Masai is dying to bring Lou so he can chuck away. You do realize he let him walk without offering him a contract, right? Lou even came out to the papers and said he wanted to stay. Masai still didn't even text him. Lou is garbage so that trade is basically the majority of the Raps bench and 2 1st rounders for half a season of Ibaka. Give your head a shake! The only player that will get moved is Ross. The Magic are desperate now. Ross and a pick might actually get it done.

There are like 7 teams rumoured to be interested. Ross is nothing. That's more like a sign and trade type of deal IMO. If the Raptors want Ibaka they have to give up better assets I think. Its not like they can sign him in FA. The Magic aren't desperate to trade Ibaka to the Raptors. I'd argue the Raptors are more desperate to trade for Ibaka than vice versa since there are other teams interested.

5ass
01-31-2017, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't hate a crabbe for ibaka deal. Crabbe did get paid but he is only 24 and is a 3/D guy we could use

I wouldn't touch Crabbe. He isn't a good defender IMO. Keep in mind he also has a trade clause where his salary rises to 20+ mill/yr if traded. He can't play SF, and Fournier shouldn't. So we'd be left with a 20 mill/yr back up SG.

Chronz
01-31-2017, 06:03 PM

I can see why you would latch onto those conspiracies but it happens man, Blake Griffin lost his elite athleticism relatively quickly. Agreed on Ibaka losing it tho, good on ownership for recognizing it quickly. Offensively hes not too different because hes improved upon his skillset but defensively is where hes fallen off a cliff.

valade16
01-31-2017, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't touch Crabbe. He isn't a good defender IMO. Keep in mind he also has a trade clause where his salary rises to 20+ mill/yr if traded. He can't play SF, and Fournier shouldn't. So we'd be left with a 20 mill/yr back up SG.

A trade between the Magic and Blazers for Ibaka seems very difficult at the moment. First, CJ McCollum's trade kicker makes him untradeable and even if he was able to be traded, the Blazers would not trade him for Ibaka.

Our other trade pieces are Crabbe (who you don't want) and Mo Harkless, who I doubt the Magic are interested in trading back for. Other than that we have Evan Turner, Al-Farooq Aminu, and Festus Ezeli.

I probably wouldn't offer too much if I'm the Blazers since Ibaka is a FA at the end of the season and there's no guarantee he'd re-sign.

MagicBucsSox
01-31-2017, 06:08 PM
Chris Mannix said on an Orlando Magic podcast that Orlando could land DeMarcus Cousins but Sacramento is hell bent that Aaron Gordon is involved

And now Phoenix and Sacramento are talking but Booker n Bledsoe aren't involved

5ass
01-31-2017, 06:14 PM
Chris Mannix said on an Orlando Magic podcast that Orlando could land DeMarcus Cousins but Sacramento is hell bent that Aaron Gordon is involved

As much as I like Gordon, if its up to me, i'd trade him. Keep Ibaka.

So does Mannix think these packages can compete with the Celtics' BKN pick, or does he think the Celtics wouldn't offer that pick?

5ass
01-31-2017, 06:24 PM
A trade between the Magic and Blazers for Ibaka seems very difficult at the moment. First, CJ McCollum's trade kicker makes him untradeable and even if he was able to be traded, the Blazers would not trade him for Ibaka.

Our other trade pieces are Crabbe (who you don't want) and Mo Harkless, who I doubt the Magic are interested in trading back for. Other than that we have Evan Turner, Al-Farooq Aminu, and Festus Ezeli.

I probably wouldn't offer too much if I'm the Blazers since Ibaka is a FA at the end of the season and there's no guarantee he'd re-sign.

I agree. I like Aminu, they have their first round pick, and Ezeli is a decent expiring but TBH I dont like any of their other pieces. An unprotected pick might be a nice piece though, not sure what this draft is like.

R. Johnson#3
01-31-2017, 06:31 PM
There are like 7 teams rumoured to be interested. Ross is nothing. That's more like a sign and trade type of deal IMO. If the Raptors want Ibaka they have to give up better assets I think. Its not like they can sign him in FA. The Magic aren't desperate to trade Ibaka to the Raptors. I'd argue the Raptors are more desperate to trade for Ibaka than vice versa since there are other teams interested.

Ibaka would be a nice addition but we're not giving up 2Pat or Powell in a potential deal. Especially considering Ibaka is an FA this summer. Ross is really the only rotation player who's expendable. Apart from that I'd imagine both rookies are up for grabs.

Ross + Poeltl/Siakam/Wright + 2017 1st for Ibaka

It's not an ideal package but with how desperate the Magic are sounding it might actually happen. There's no chance Ibaka is staying there and they have nothing to play for.

MagicBucsSox
01-31-2017, 06:50 PM
As much as I like Gordon, if its up to me, i'd trade him. Keep Ibaka.

So does Mannix think these packages can compete with the Celtics' BKN pick, or does he think the Celtics wouldn't offer that pick?

He spoke of Boston prior to discussing Orlando and that Brooklyn pick is off limits 100%. Because it's guaranteed top 3

Chronz
01-31-2017, 07:06 PM
Yeah OK, maybe the guy is in his 30's

5ass
01-31-2017, 07:18 PM
Ibaka would be a nice addition but we're not giving up 2Pat or Powell in a potential deal. Especially considering Ibaka is an FA this summer. Ross is really the only rotation player who's expendable. Apart from that I'd imagine both rookies are up for grabs.

It's not an ideal package but with how desperate the Magic are sounding it might actually happen. There's no chance Ibaka is staying there and they have nothing to play for.

If the Raptors think Powell is going to contribute more to winning a championship then they should keep him, but I'd ask for him and Nougeira. Ross is a backup and wont make much of an impact in the short or long term IMO. The Magic are probably desperate to trade Serge, but they're not desperate to trade him to the Raptors. If the Raptors want him they probably have to pay up or one of the many teams interested will beat that offer you proposed. You don't give up your 6th/7th best asset and expect to get someone that'd be your third best player in return.

Heediot
01-31-2017, 07:28 PM
Nuggets should be all over this. He'll be a proper fit next to Jokic and help with the frontcourt D.

Gallo for Ibaka may make sense for both teams.

5ass
01-31-2017, 07:35 PM
Nuggets should be all over this. He'll be a proper fit next to Jokic and help with the frontcourt D.

Gallo for Ibaka may make sense for both teams.

Yes. The Nuggets make a ton of sense IMO. Its been rumoured the Magic are looking for scoring. Gallo for Ibaka makes a lot of sense if the Magic are still going in that direction. If they're looking for young players and/or picks, the Nuggets also have those.

Twolves88
01-31-2017, 08:46 PM
As a wolves fan I want nothing to do with Ibaka. His stock is falling where as shabazz seems to have finally figured it out. Granted its a contract year for him......

Both players are a rental but if we traded bazz our bench would be worse then it already is.... we need him as a scorer.

RLundi
01-31-2017, 09:58 PM

I'd imagine that in such a trade, Sac would ask for Gordon AND Ibaka back. I'd pull the trigger on that. I really do think Gordon eventually becomes a star but Cousins is already there.

As far as Phoenix is concerned, no Bledsoe, no deal. Nothing else on the Suns is attractive (I assume Booker is untouachable).

Raps18-19 Champ
01-31-2017, 10:00 PM
LOOOL Magic GM needs to be fired.

I'd give Jakob Poetlt and a 1st for Ibaka.

RLundi
01-31-2017, 10:02 PM

The Magic haven't given up on the season yet, so nothing to play for is inaccurate for the time being. I'd imagine Powell would be involved in any deal along with Ross.

mrblisterdundee
01-31-2017, 11:15 PM

What is it with people forgetting Ibaka's an unrestricted free agent this summer? You're not getting any more than Turner from the Blazers, and maybe a first-rounder. But the Blazers aren't sending Crabbe for what could amount to a half-season rental.

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2017, 11:43 PM
What is it with people forgetting Ibaka's an unrestricted free agent this summer? You're not getting any more than Turner from the Blazers, and maybe a first-rounder. But the Blazers aren't sending Crabbe for what could amount to a half-season rental.

Y'all seriously don't like Turner?

aman_13
01-31-2017, 11:49 PM
The Magic haven't given up on the season yet, so nothing to play for is inaccurate for the time being. I'd imagine Powell would be involved in any deal along with Ross.

It would be one or the other. I highly doubt it would be both. Ibaka is a rental after all.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-01-2017, 12:29 AM

Again this does matter but if more then 1 team is interested we can still get more then you think ...again I don't expect much and I don't think the blazers have anything I would want anyway crabbe would be a worst case cuz I hate his contract.

Again he is a UFA but he is only getting moved to a playoff team ... If he goes to tor bos por or spurs and they have his bird rights he will stay. Playoff contending team where he can make the most money

Vinylman
02-01-2017, 09:09 AM
Deng contract is unmovable. Deng and Mozgov are like top 5 bad contracts in the league. Lakers are stuck with those guys till the very end.

nah... they get half of the value back if we take DJ... who Orlando doesn't need...

it is a pretty fair proposal with them getting Randle

nycericanguy
02-01-2017, 10:22 AM
ORL trading Oladipo and Sabonis for Ibaka was such a dumb idea to begin with, especially if they were interested in BB.

Scoots
02-01-2017, 10:28 AM

All they need is a team entering their own "Process" and moving those players would just cost a couple draft picks.

R. Johnson#3
02-01-2017, 10:57 AM

Okay well they can keep on fighting from 2nd last place in the East.

No chance Powell gets moved for a rental or at all really. T Ross is blocking Powell so he is the one that will probably be moved. No chance they're both dealt though.

MagicBucsSox
02-01-2017, 12:02 PM
I'd imagine that in such a trade, Sac would ask for Gordon AND Ibaka back. I'd pull the trigger on that. I really do think Gordon eventually becomes a star but Cousins is already there.

As far as Phoenix is concerned, no Bledsoe, no deal. Nothing else on the Suns is attractive (I assume Booker is untouachable).

Why? Just to become the Orlando Kings?

mrblisterdundee
02-01-2017, 12:34 PM
Y'all seriously don't like Turner?

I don't like that he can't shoot, isn't that impressive anywhere else and will make $17.5 million a season. Want to trade for him?

Again this does matter but if more then 1 team is interested we can still get more then you think ...again I don't expect much and I don't think the blazers have anything I would want anyway crabbe would be a worst case cuz I hate his contract.
Again he is a UFA but he is only getting moved to a playoff team ... If he goes to tor bos por or spurs and they have his bird rights he will stay. Playoff contending team where he can make the most money

Again: Why would a team take the risk when they can already go after Ibaka this summer when he inevitably leaves? Why give Orlando anything, unless it's a bad contract they want to get rid of?
We've all been mocking Orlando for making a really ignorant trade for Ibaka. Trading for him now would be the only way to one-up that ignorance.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-01-2017, 01:20 PM
Teams trade for soon to be UFA stars cause their part of the team and bird rights. Yes they can still bolt. But for less money. New CBA favors the team with Bird rights. Just cause some teams have cap doesn't mean they will land who they want. Trade for who you want and have Bird rights to pay the most.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Teams trade for soon to be UFA stars cause their part of the team and bird rights. Yes they can still bolt. But for less money. New CBA favors the team with Bird rights. Just cause some teams have cap doesn't mean they will land who they want. Trade for who you want and have Bird rights to pay the most.

Exactly .... Pple act and say the same stuff every time "o no one will trade for him they will just sign him off season" and that never goes down those players usually get traded.

Also us not Trading ibaka would be more ignorant then us trading him .... It didn't work we aren't a playoff team he doesn't wanna stay with a non playoff team and he will walk so trade him for whatever value you can. How that is more ignorant then letting him walk for nothing makes no sense to me.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-01-2017, 02:41 PM
I see Magic were rumored to need a wing for scoring. Would you guys do Biyombo for Snell, Beasley and Henson? Maybe Bucks would toss in a second round pick this draft as well. Or Delly and Henson and second rounder for Biyombo? Bucks need rebounding badly. If its not for Biyombo I wanted the Bucks to go after Faried. But Nuggets and Bucks not the greatest trading partners.

Giannis94
02-01-2017, 02:45 PM
I see Magic were rumored to need a wing for scoring. Would you guys do Biyombo for Snell, Beasley and Henson? Maybe Bucks would toss in a second round pick this draft as well. Or Delly and Henson and second rounder for Biyombo? Bucks need rebounding badly. If its not for Biyombo I wanted the Bucks to go after Faried. But Nuggets and Bucks not the greatest trading partners.

Rather send Plumdog Millionare.

5ass
02-01-2017, 02:55 PM
I don't like that he can't shoot, isn't that impressive anywhere else and will make $17.5 million a season. Want to trade for him?

Again: Why would a team take the risk when they can already go after Ibaka this summer when he inevitably leaves? Why give Orlando anything, unless it's a bad contract they want to get rid of?
We've all been mocking Orlando for making a really ignorant trade for Ibaka. Trading for him now would be the only way to one-up that ignorance.

The Blazers dont have the cap space to go after Ibaka in FA. They're so far above the salary cap.

Why the hell would Orlando trade Ibaka for a bad contract? They'd be better off letting him leave for nothing in FA.

5ass
02-01-2017, 03:04 PM

Meh. Not sure what Beasley and Snells contracts are like, but Biyombo for expiring could work if the Magic want to dump him. I'd send Henson to a third team for an expiring. I want the magic to open up cap space to steal a young RFA (KCP, Porter, Noel, ect.) this offseason.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-01-2017, 03:22 PM
Yea a lot of the teams that want ibaka may not be able to sign him as a free agent unless they have his bird rights ... I honestly would bet money that where ever he gets traded he doesn't leave ... I believe that strongly cause the n teams mention are playoff teams so that plus owning his bird rights for max money will keep him anywhere he goes ....

Either way magic fans will be angry we are never going to get back what we gave up to get ibaka it truly was a bad trade. If we sent iclude the draft pick I would have been more ok with it. But now you have to get something him to save a little face

HeartOfStarks
02-01-2017, 08:38 PM
There's some (unsubstantiated) buzz about a Rose for Ibaka swap, what do Magic fans think about that idea?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-01-2017, 11:13 PM
I don't see the point.... Rose a FA also isn't he? Dunno why he would wanna be here .... Not someone id wanna sign either.

5ass
02-02-2017, 01:55 AM
There's some (unsubstantiated) buzz about a Rose for Ibaka swap, what do Magic fans think about that idea?

Makes no sense. The knicks need to throw in their first to even get the Magic thinking. Rose is nothing but an expiring. The knicks and every other team in the league would trade a useless expiring contract for Ibaka. I think this is as silly as me proposing the Magic trade Jeff Green for Gallinari.

Vinylman
02-02-2017, 08:57 AM
Makes no sense. The knicks need to throw in their first to even get the Magic thinking. Rose is nothing but an expiring. The knicks and every other team in the league would trade a useless expiring contract for Ibaka. I think this is as silly as me proposing the Magic trade Jeff Green for Gallinari.

The salaries don't match so it probably includes them taking on a bad deal you have like DJ... they might even give you a second rounder or something...

Unless Ibaka's agent is working behind the scenes and agrees to sign with whomever he gets traded to there really isn't much value you can get for him as a rental...

probably something like a late first (22-30) in a straight up trade of salaries

GiantsSwaGG
02-02-2017, 09:28 AM

We're pretty much set when it comes to bigs, if anything the Magic would have to throw in their 1st for us to consider. Rose has some years left, Ibaka not so much

RLundi
02-02-2017, 10:19 AM
We're pretty much set when it comes to bigs, if anything the Magic would have to throw in their 1st for us to consider. Rose has some years left, Ibaka not so much

LOL Rose is older than Ibaka. Not only that, but Ibaka is already the better player. Doesn't matter if Rose has years left (he's declined significantly), he's gone after this year. Ibaka is the far better player at this point, and since the Knicks are still (sort of) in the playoff hunt, Ibaka might want to resign there if NY makes the postseason. Rose is guaranteed gone if he's traded to Orlando. We're not floating a pick to NY for them to get the better player lol. This deal is not happening regardless, just an unsubstantiated rumor like the poster said, but if it were true, the Knicks would be the one including a pick if anything, not the Magic. Otherwise, what incentive would Orlando have to trade a rental for a rental? Sounds very silly. They might as well just left Ibaka walk as opposed to getting back the awful Rose for half a season.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Meh. Not sure what Beasley and Snells contracts are like, but Biyombo for expiring could work if the Magic want to dump him. I'd send Henson to a third team for an expiring. I want the magic to open up cap space to steal a young RFA (KCP, Porter, Noel, ect.) this offseason.

Beasley is expiring. Snell is RFA. 3 more years on Henson contract which gets cheaper each season. With new CBA Henson might look like a bargain after this summers new contracts. Stiff's like Noah and Mozgov got over paid.

RLundi
02-02-2017, 10:26 AM

Awful reasoning. Why would the Magic take back a bad contract for an expiring one? Do you know how trades work? At that point, they would just let Ibaka walk. Better to get nothing than to get something terrible. Where's the logic? Not to mention, many of the teams that want Ibaka can't afford him outright in free agency. So if they trade for him, Toronto for example, and the Raptors make a deep playoff run, Ibaka might very well re-sign with them. But if they don't trade for him, they lose out on the prospect of obtaining him this season and for his next contract.

GiantsSwaGG
02-02-2017, 10:34 AM
LOL Rose is older than Ibaka. Not only that, but Ibaka is already the better player. Doesn't matter if Rose has years left (he's declined significantly), he's gone after this year. Ibaka is the far better player at this point, and since the Knicks are still (sort of) in the playoff hunt, Ibaka might want to resign there if NY makes the postseason. Rose is guaranteed gone if he's traded to Orlando. We're not floating a pick to NY for them to get the better player lol. This deal is not happening regardless, just an unsubstantiated rumor like the poster said, but if it were true, the Knicks would be the one including a pick if anything, not the Magic. Otherwise, what incentive would Orlando have to trade a rental for a rental? Sounds very silly. They might as well just left Ibaka walk as opposed to getting back the awful Rose for half a season.

Ibaka is younger yet lost 90% of his athleticism. Rose (by some miracle) gain his explosiveness back and is even dunking the ball. He's still a defensive liability and has a rock for a brain, Ibaka defense stinks and will most likely command a max contract (or close too it). We have too many bigs so we definitely don't need him. The only player I would probably take a flyer on is Mario

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-02-2017, 11:08 AM
Yea rose is deff no better then ibaka. The talk of ibakas decline is so overtalked he isn't bad on d at all he blocks shots multiple times a games and alters many other.

Rose may be playing better then he has been last few years but he is still injury probe and is also rumored to be seeking a max lol .... I'd max ibaka over rose any day ibaka is a lock for 18 10 3 every night it seems and rose is made of glass .

I don't want to max either tho and it's not happening so it's dumb to talk about ..... Again with multiple teams involved it will help us get a little more for him then people may think and his bird rights will keep him anywhere he gets traded as long as they are a good team. Either way we aren't getting back some amazing package for him

aman_13
02-02-2017, 11:16 AM
Did Ibaka's defense really drop off by that much? He used to completely take over games on that end.

TheDish87
02-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Yea rose is deff no better then ibaka. The talk of ibakas decline is so overtalked he isn't bad on d at all he blocks shots multiple times a games and alters many other.

Rose may be playing better then he has been last few years but he is still injury probe and is also rumored to be seeking a max lol .... I'd max ibaka over rose any day ibaka is a lock for 18 10 3 every night or seems and rose is made of glass .

I don't want to max either tho and it's not happening so it's dumb to talk about ..... Again with multiple teams involved it will help us get a little more for him then people may think and his bird rights will keep him anywhere he gets traded as long as they are a good team. Either way we aren't getting back some amazing package for him

yea, no hes not, not even close.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-02-2017, 12:03 PM
yea, no hes not, not even close.

I don't know what your agreeing with here lol

mrblisterdundee
02-02-2017, 12:11 PM
The Blazers dont have the cap space to go after Ibaka in FA. They're so far above the salary cap.
Why the hell would Orlando trade Ibaka for a bad contract? They'd be better off letting him leave for nothing in FA.

I didn't say Orlando would want to trade Ibaka for a bad contract. I said that Turner's bad contract is all I'd be willing to give for an unrestricted free agent with less than a year on his contract.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-02-2017, 12:15 PM
I didn't say Orlando would want to trade Ibaka for a bad contract. I said that Turner's bad contract is all I'd be willing to give for an unrestricted free agent with less than a year on his contract.

Again I doubt blazers are a team he goes to in the end they don't have good trade chips due to big contracts on guys.

A team like bos or tor maybe spurs is most likely and he would resign any of those places .He wants to be in a big city and get paid most money and get more into fashion so any of those places with his bird rights will keep him no doubt .....

mrblisterdundee
02-02-2017, 12:17 PM

He's disagreeing with your comment about Ibaka being a lock every night for 18 points, 10 rebounds and (I'm guessing you meant) three blocks per night, which of course he isn't, considering he's averaging 15 points, 7 rebounds and 1.5 blocks on his highest usage rate ever.
Don't get me wrong. He's way more valuable than Rose and still a big defensive presence. But let's not act like he's ever been a double-double machine. I think he can still up his stats, though, on a team not so glutted with big men.

mrblisterdundee
02-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Again I doubt blazers are a team he goes to in the end they don't have good trade chips due to big contracts on guys.
A team like bos or tor maybe spurs is most likely and he would resign any of those places .He wants to be in a big city and get paid most money and get more into fashion so any of those places with his bird rights will keep him no doubt .....

Again: I was just responding to someone's preposterous suggestion that the Blazers give up Crabbe for an unrestricted free agent with less than a year left on his contract. I also don't think Ibaka would stay in Portland, because they're nowhere near contention with that porous defense.
Ibaka also said he wanted to spend his career in Orlando, which means you can't really trust anything he says. And news flash: he can be into fashion wherever he is. He's a millionaire. It's not like playing in Oklahoma stops Westbrook from being a fashion guy in Los Angeles.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-02-2017, 12:30 PM
He's disagreeing with your comment about Ibaka being a lock every night for 18 points, 10 rebounds and (I'm guessing you meant) three blocks per night, which of course he isn't, considering he's averaging 15 points, 7 rebounds and 1.5 blocks on his highest usage rate ever.
Don't get me wrong. He's way more valuable than Rose and still a big defensive presence. But let's not act like he's ever been a double-double machine. I think he can still up his stats, though, on a team not so glutted with big men.

Ooooo gotcha thanks .... Lol not even close? Yea he is still very close to those numbers but again we are also a bad team where he is our best player and gets the most attention from other teams and we have an odd group of bigs which doesn't help. Regardless my point was he isn't declining As much as people act like and deff is more valuable to most teams then rose is

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-02-2017, 12:33 PM
Again: I was just responding to someone's preposterous suggestion that the Blazers give up Crabbe for an unrestricted free agent with less than a year left on his contract. I also don't think Ibaka would stay in Portland, because they're nowhere near contention with that porous defense.
Ibaka also said he wanted to spend his career in Orlando, which means you can't really trust anything he says. And news flash: he can be into fashion wherever he is. He's a millionaire. It's not like playing in Oklahoma stops Westbrook from being a fashion guy in Los Angeles.

He very well may want to stay here and it was something he said many months ago so things could have changed.... I just don't think he will stay here cuz there is no reason to ....

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-02-2017, 12:40 PM

And i don't think a crabbe for ibaka deal is bad as you think. He is overly paid and would prob be smart for blazers to get out of that deal .... I do think ibaka would stay in Portland they have lillard and cj and ibaka makes a nice 3rd guy

TheDish87
02-02-2017, 01:18 PM

disagreeing that Ibaka is a 'lock' for 18/10/3. Far from it.

valade16
02-02-2017, 01:24 PM

He's actually only done that twice all season. Heck he has only hit double digit rebounds 10 times.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-02-2017, 01:40 PM

I said it seems ... Wasn't saying it was fact ... He just had 20 9 and 2 last night if his average is 15 7 and 1.5 I wouldn't call that "far from it"

5ass
02-02-2017, 02:26 PM
The salaries don't match so it probably includes them taking on a bad deal you have like DJ... they might even give you a second rounder or something...

Unless Ibaka's agent is working behind the scenes and agrees to sign with whomever he gets traded to there really isn't much value you can get for him as a rental...

probably something like a late first (22-30) in a straight up trade of salaries

DJ isn't really a bad contract. Any contender looking to add a good back up PG would trade for him. I'm sure the Cavs would add Augustine to their roster. I also think the magic will get more than a late first out of Ibaka.

5ass
02-02-2017, 02:34 PM

Lol. Ibaka is easily a better player and a much better fit on pretty much every team in the league. He's definitely more valuable and desirable for teams, and this isnt even debatable.

nycericanguy
02-02-2017, 02:41 PM

i mean that really only applies to MAX guys though, I doubt any team wants Ibaka's bird rights for the right to give him a $30m MAX.

Vinylman
02-02-2017, 02:52 PM
DJ isn't really a bad contract. Any contender looking to add a good back up PG would trade for him. I'm sure the Cavs would add Augustine to their roster. I also think the magic will get more than a late first out of Ibaka.

meh... no one wants to add him for 3 years ... the AAV is fine its the length that makes it a bad deal...

And of course Cleveland would want him... except they don't have any cap

Chronz
02-02-2017, 02:56 PM

Good comp

Vinylman
02-02-2017, 02:58 PM
i mean that really only applies to MAX guys though, I doubt any team wants Ibaka's bird rights for the right to give him a $30m MAX.

it isn't about paying him the max ... it is about being able to go over the cap to sign him... which is very very valuable.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-02-2017, 03:02 PM

Maybe he wont get $30M per. But heck other guys like Mozgov and Noah are barely average and got paid handsomely. Big men always get paid. Ibaka is still a big name.

Chronz
02-02-2017, 03:04 PM
Maybe he wont get $30M per. But heck other guys like Mozgov and Noah are barely average and got paid handsomely. Big men always get paid. Ibaka is still a big name.
This is the final year that we know of, that's going to allow players line Ibaka to cash in. So you're right on that end but after seeing so many of these max deals not pan out for so many teams, i think we won't see guys like noah getting that money.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-02-2017, 03:11 PM
Teams never learn. This goes back to the days of when MLE's were like the maxed amount of years like what 5 or 6 years? Then lockout ended that and shortened them to like 4 years? Lots of teams got burned signing guys long term and became lazy or were lousy and no one else to sign. Sonics know this and Jim McIlvaine says hello.

Chronz
02-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Teams never learn. This goes back to the days of when MLE's were like the maxed amount of years like what 5 or 6 years? Then lockout ended that and shortened them to like 4 years? Lots of teams got burned signing guys long term and became lazy or were lousy and no one else to sign. Sonics know this and Jim McIlvaine says hello.

They progressively evolve now imo. But you're right, as they say, all it takes is one *** hole to ruin the market