Shooting Guard:

3 points: DeMar DeRozan
2 points: CJ McCollum
1 point: Devin Booker

Point Guards:

3 points: Russell Westbrook
2 points: Isaiah Thomas
1 point: Kemba Walker

You get 10 points. Build the best roster you can assemble. I've tried to get a lot of younger guys who seem to be up and coming as well as guys who seem to be underrated due to a flaw or perception in their game.

sixer04fan
01-30-2017, 07:12 PM
Westbrook, Booker, Hayward, Porzingis, Embiid. Game over.

tp13baby
01-30-2017, 07:18 PM
PG-Isiah Thomas
SG-Booker
SF-Gordon Hayward
PF-Anthony Davis
C- Gobert

Booker is in my opinion the best 25 and under pure scorer. Isiah is a mixture and the smartest PG listed. Gordon is super underrated in my opinion. Davis is the star you need that has it all. Gobert I think is the best defensive C in the league.

More-Than-Most
01-30-2017, 07:37 PM
Porz with Embiid should be a given... 4 points on 2 players that compliment each other so well... Id go

Westy/Booker/Embiid/Porz/Hayward.

More-Than-Most
01-30-2017, 07:37 PM
Westbrook, Booker, Hayward, Porzingis, Embiid. Game over.

Fml you beat me to it.

mrblisterdundee
01-30-2017, 07:50 PM
PG: Walker (1)
SG: McCollum (2)
SF: Giannis (3)
PF: Porzingis (1)
C: Embiid (3)

I've stacked my roster with shooters, giving Giannis plenty room to euro-step in the post all day long.

tredigs
01-30-2017, 08:33 PM
Center:

3 points: Joel Embiid
2 points: Rudy Gobert
1 point: Nikola Jokic

Power Forward:

3 points: Anthony Davis
2 points: Karl Anthony-Towns
1 point: Kristaps Porzingis

Small Forward:

3 points: Giannis "Greek Freak"
2 points: Gordon Hayward
1 point: Andrew Wiggins

Shooting Guard:

Point Guards:

You get 10 points. Build the best roster you can assemble. I've tried to get a lot of younger guys who seem to be up and coming as well as guys who seem to be underrated due to a flaw or perception in their game.

PG: Westbrook (3)
SG: Booker (1)
SF: Freak (3)
PF: Porz (1)
C: Gobert (2)

Miltstar
01-30-2017, 08:58 PM
Kemba
Booker
Giannis
KAT
Embiid

Don't see how you could do better than that

Jeffy25
01-30-2017, 10:24 PM
Center:
Power Forward:
Small Forward:
Shooting Guard:
Point Guards:

I could have flipped flopped on the bigger guys and PG. But 2 and 3 were easy picks for me.

That starting 5 would combine for about 35 MPG, at 78 FG attempts per game and 109.1 PPG

Average starting 5 gets about 65-68 FG per game.

So someone would have to take less shots, meaning probably 91 points spread out among the starting 5.

That's an insane lineup. Honestly a lineup of all 1's is at least a playoff team.

Vee-Rex
01-30-2017, 10:36 PM
Dudes are sleeping hard on Kemba.

cmellofan15
01-30-2017, 10:40 PM
kinda have to pick Gobert since he's the only defensive force for PF/C positions.

Vee-Rex
01-30-2017, 10:41 PM
Kemba
McCollum (why are dudes picking Booker???)
Freak
KAT
Gobert

sixer04fan
01-30-2017, 10:46 PM
kinda have to pick Gobert since he's the only defensive force for PF/C positions.

Embiid says hello. Go look up some stats man

ManRam
01-30-2017, 11:07 PM
PG-Isiah Thomas
SG-Booker
SF-Gordon Hayward
PF-Anthony Davis
C- Gobert

Booker is in my opinion the best 25 and under pure scorer. Isiah is a mixture and the smartest PG listed. Gordon is super underrated in my opinion. Davis is the star you need that has it all. Gobert I think is the best defensive C in the league.

Thomas is unquestionably the worst defensive PG in the NBA and Devin Booker is a dumpster fire himself. Hayward is mediocre, at best. I'd fear they couldn't get stops, even with amazing defensive big men.

I don't why the DeRozan is a $3. Not a single reason in the world to ever take him here.

2 point: CJ McCollum

I don't know. You can go a bunch of different routes considering the Cs and PFs are all tremendous.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-30-2017, 11:45 PM
Jokic, Towns, Hayward, McCollum, Westbrook

ManningToTyree
01-31-2017, 10:12 AM
Jokic
Davis
Hayward
Booker
Russy.

Gotta take the best two players.

Miltstar
01-31-2017, 11:21 AM
(why are dudes picking Booker???)

I picked Booker simply because I wanted the best frontcourt possible, Kemba and Booker could fill up the scoreboard while Giannis, Towns and Embiid could do the rest

KnicksorBust
01-31-2017, 11:57 AM
Center:

3 points: Joel Embiid

Power Forward:

3 points: Anthony Davis

Small Forward:

2 points: Gordon Hayward
1 point: Andrew Wiggins

Shooting Guard:

Point Guards:

Didn't want to try and spell Giannis's last name? :)

Did you make these lists? If so, nice job. Here was my thought process... as much as I like Thomas and Walker, I think you have to get Westbrook on the team. The toughest position to pick was PF because as a Knicks fan I see the value of saving my money on Porzingis but Davis is a sure thing. I think with Westbrook and Anthony Davis offensively I can do whatever I want and just need role players. I was tempted use Embiid or KAT but at the end of the day I think this starting 5 gives the best balance:

PG - Westbrook (3)
SG - Booker (1)
SF - Wiggins (1)
PF - Davis (3)
C - Gobert (2)

PhillyFaninLA
01-31-2017, 12:06 PM
PG - Isiah Thomas
SG - Devin Booker
SF - Greek Freak
PF - Kristaps Porzingis
C - Joel Embiid

Miltstar
01-31-2017, 12:56 PM
it's interesting to see that almost everyone has picked a unique team so far, nice work on the question

KnicksorBust
01-31-2017, 01:49 PM
That KP/Embiid frontcourt is going to have minute and injury restrictions all year. Pass. Sign me up for AD and Gobert.

valade16
01-31-2017, 02:19 PM
Didn't want to try and spell Giannis's last name? :)

Did you make these lists? If so, nice job. Here was my thought process... as much as I like Thomas and Walker, I think you have to get Westbrook on the team. The toughest position to pick was PF because as a Knicks fan I see the value of saving my money on Porzingis but Davis is a sure thing. I think with Westbrook and Anthony Davis offensively I can do whatever I want and just need role players. I was tempted use Embiid or KAT but at the end of the day I think this starting 5 gives the best balance:

PG - Westbrook (3)
SG - Booker (1)
SF - Wiggins (1)
PF - Davis (3)
C - Gobert (2)

it's interesting to see that almost everyone has picked a unique team so far, nice work on the question

Thanks. I did make the lists (and no KoB I was not going to try and spell Giannis' last name. I barely managed to spell Kristaps' lol)

Seems the only guy who hasn't been picked is DeRozan. In that case here is me trying to build a team with him:

Kemba
DeRozan
Hayward
Towns
Gobert

And really at that point you could substitute any combo of Towns/Gobert, AD/Jokic, or Embiid/Porzingis in the front court.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2017, 02:47 PM
Gobert, Towns, Giannis, Booker, Walker

Vee-Rex
01-31-2017, 03:11 PM
Alright, time to start arguing/debating. :D

I know Booker is young and has potential, but if you ignore PPG (it's on volume scoring), he's actually pretty crap. Below-average efficiency, terrible rebounder, terrible assist-to-turnover ratio. Below average PER, terrible defensive impact numbers - negative plus/minus (stopped looking on the RPM list he's that far down for shooting guards).

I like him and believe he can of course become a good player in this league, ceiling is an all-star, but right now he's a TERRIBLE choice for your shooting guard position.

IMO, you gotta take McCollum there.

I like Russ but I wouldn't be able to take him AND Giannis, so I opted for Giannis because of the better defense and I believe Westy's 1-point-counterpart (Kemba) is better than Giannis's 1-point-counterpart (Wiggins).

You guys gotta break this **** down to a science!

Miltstar
01-31-2017, 03:22 PM
sorry, wrote something that didn't make sense and can't delete the post.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2017, 03:23 PM
Alright, time to start arguing/debating. :D

I know Booker is young and has potential, but if you ignore PPG (it's on volume scoring), he's actually pretty crap. Below-average efficiency, terrible rebounder, terrible assist-to-turnover ratio. Below average PER, terrible defensive impact numbers - negative plus/minus (stopped looking on the RPM list he's that far down for shooting guards).

I like him and believe he can of course become a good player in this league, ceiling is an all-star, but right now he's a TERRIBLE choice for your shooting guard position.

IMO, you gotta take McCollum there.

I like Russ but I wouldn't be able to take him AND Giannis, so I opted for Giannis because of the better defense and I believe Westy's 1-point-counterpart (Kemba) is better than Giannis's 1-point-counterpart (Wiggins).

You guys gotta break this **** down to a science!

I am taking Booker, because all he has to do with Giannis, Towns, Walker, and Gobert, is hit open jumpers, which he is amazing at. Towns defensively is an issue, but not with Gobert there. I have 2 perimeter playmakers, rebounders, floor spacers, penetrators, and a shooter.

Heediot
01-31-2017, 03:27 PM
Jokic
AD
Giannis
Booker
McCollum

Giannis can play the point and Jokic will make up for play making as well.

Vee-Rex
01-31-2017, 03:37 PM
I am taking Booker, because all he has to do with Giannis, Towns, Walker, and Gobert, is hit open jumpers, which he is amazing at. Towns defensively is an issue, but not with Gobert there. I have 2 perimeter playmakers, rebounders, floor spacers, penetrators, and a shooter.

You're missing a point with that lineup, though. Your total is at 9. Why not take McCollum instead of Booker? Do you really think Booker is better at hitting open shots?

In the very least, you could upgrade KAT to AD.

Miltstar
01-31-2017, 03:51 PM
You're missing a point with that lineup, though. Your total is at 9. Why not take McCollum instead of Booker? Do you really think Booker is better at hitting open shots?

I agree with you if you have the points you gotta take McCollum, I didn't have the points left though. I'm not so sure AD is an upgrade over Towns, at this point yes, but give Towns another year or 2

valade16
01-31-2017, 04:30 PM
So based on the points given what is the best value and what is the worst value?

I'm assuming DeRozan is worst value at 3 points because nobody picked him :laugh2: Who else is not very good value (comparatively)

Who is the best value? I think Porzingis at 1 point is fairly good value, as is Kemba.

Hawkeye15
01-31-2017, 06:27 PM

My math stinks, clearly.

I would prefer to upgrade KAT to AD

Heediot
01-31-2017, 08:00 PM
Jokic
AD
Hayward
Booker
Giannis

After thinking it over, I realize Hayward and McCollum were te same price. McCollum is the better pure shooter, but I'll take Hayward's all around game over McCollum. Giannis at the point, with no true PG but all 5 guys are capable ball handlers.