PDA

View Full Version : Why I believe Bosh will be Traded

Dade County
01-28-2017, 01:00 AM
If Bosh gets released after he would be eligible to sign with a playoff team (March 1st), he would just wait until free agency to sign with a team. And we know the top 2 teams that , so other teams really donít have a chance.

Cavís, Warriors and Spurs will be a dark horse. But will Bosh really want to move to Middle Earth?idk I can see him going to GS in a heart beat though.

So my point is, other organizations know this; Bosh will sign for the minimum and after 25games his contract goes back onto the HEAT cap.

So teams like the Raps, Clippers, Houston, Boston and any other team that thinks they can contend, will be further be hind the eight ball.

Yes, most teams will be focused on bosh health but all it takes is one team to pull the trigger.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonydimoro/2017/01/22/nba-trade-buzz-bulls-eyeing-chris-bosh-goran-dragic-rubiojackson-trade-update/#7a84ab439e03
It appears the Chicago Bulls have a plan in place to make a run at Bosh for the remainder of the NBA regular season, reuniting Bosh with his friend and former-Heat teammate Dwyane Wade. ESPN's Marc Stein discussed the particulars regarding not only the rumor, but Chicago's thinking.
Chicago seems to be in a state of limbo in regards to the trade season as there have been reports on the possible departures of Jimmy Butler and Wade in the past few weeks.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/189291/20170125/nba-trade-rumors-chris-bosh-reggie-jackson-ricky-rubio-lead.htm
The surprise name in the mix is Chris Bosh. After failing to secure medical clearance, the 32-year-old forward has suddenly drawn interest from the Chicago Bulls. Bosh was left out due to his blood clot issues but may get a new lease on life with the Bulls. It also gives him the chance to team up with former buddy Dwyane Wade if he secures medical clearance.

Before that can happen, Bosh needs to be waived by the Miami Heat. The Bulls are interested in getting the all-star forward in the event that he is waived according to a report from ESPN. A problem to all that is word that Bosh may only be available starting Mar. 1 Ė a move that would make him ineligible for the NBA playoffs.

mrblisterdundee
01-28-2017, 02:09 AM
The Cavs would easily get Bosh, if James wants him. Bosh has shown the ability to play small-ball center, and provides a good backup to Love and Thompson. He's one of those playmakers James has been wanting.

lakerfan85
01-28-2017, 03:03 AM
Any GM that trades for Bosh would be fired.. No way any team trades for him..

Quinnsanity
01-28-2017, 04:09 AM
You've provided no actual reasons a team would trade for Bosh. Why on Earth would Chicago take that contract when they could just sign him for the minimum later? Or anyone else for that matter?

IndyRealist
01-28-2017, 08:15 AM
This has nothing to do with a trade. Chicago wants Bosh IF HE IS WAIVED and they don't have to eat his salary. Why would you waive him and pay his salary anyway, when you can claim a medical exception and have insurance pay his salary?

Heatnation80
01-28-2017, 09:15 AM
I wish guys do some research on topics before making a thread about it. Miami will only be hit if some other team signs Bosh - and Bosh plays 25 games this season. Obviously, Miami is not stupid enough to release Bosh in time for him to play 25 games. Miami will claim medical exception and Bosh's salary will come off their cap for 2017. The most senseless thing Miami could do at this point is to trade Bosh, even if someone will trade for him.

Dade County
01-28-2017, 10:26 AM
I wish guys do some research on topics before making a thread about it. Miami will only be hit if some other team signs Bosh - and Bosh plays 25 games this season. Obviously, Miami is not stupid enough to release Bosh in time for him to play 25 games. Miami will claim medical exception and Bosh's salary will come off their cap for 2017. The most senseless thing Miami could do at this point is to trade Bosh, even if someone will trade for him.

Please re-read my post...smh

I clearly have bolded when Miami would release Bosh (on March 1). Also, I've already stated what you stated, about Bosh playing 25 games and his money is back on Miami Cap. I don't understand, did you even read the post?

And actually Bosh money will be off Miami cap on Feb 4th or the 5th.

And you are on your bottom statement, the smartest thing Miami could do is Trade Bosh away, so they don't have to worry about him playing 25 games next year and his money comes back on the HEAT cap.

The Cavs would easily get Bosh, if James wants him. Bosh has shown the ability to play small-ball center, and provides a good backup to Love and Thompson. He's one of those playmakers James has been wanting.

I don't no about that. In 2010 free agents, Lbj did try to get Bosh to Middle Earth, but that didn't workout. I can see Bosh signing with GS because of the Cali life style.

You've provided no actual reasons a team would trade for Bosh. Why on Earth would Chicago take that contract when they could just sign him for the minimum later? Or anyone else for that matter?

The article Title does talk about Bosh getting traded, but as you read it, then it focuses on his release... Also I did say why teams other then Cavs, GS, & the Spurs will really have no chance at getting Bosh.

This has nothing to do with a trade. Chicago wants Bosh IF HE IS WAIVED and they don't have to eat his salary. Why would you waive him and pay his salary anyway, when you can claim a medical exception and have insurance pay his salary?

You are right... But will Bosh actually sign with the bulls over GS or Cav's? Bosh getting release just make those 2 teams stronger. This is why I say that I believe Bosh will get traded, because other teams know they don't really have a shot at actually signing him.

Sly Guy
01-29-2017, 01:32 PM
I just don't see that a team will want him that bad to trade for him. If you can get him for free, without giving up assets, then it's a great gamble on his health. If you've gotta trade to bring in that question mark, as much as he *might* improve your squad, I don't think any GM does it.

Clint Olbrock
01-29-2017, 01:56 PM
Not gonna happen, no one is trading for him. Period.

Scoots
01-29-2017, 02:12 PM
Do playoff games count on the 25?

Don't know that Bosh would want to play with LeBron again since he said it was really hard the first time. Add to that that Love and Frye are there playing a similar game already.

latinofire21
01-29-2017, 02:52 PM
If Bosh gets released after he would be eligible to sign with a playoff team (March 1st), he would just wait until free agency to sign with a team. And we know the top 2 teams that , so other teams really donít have a chance.

Cavís, Warriors and Spurs will be a dark horse. But will Bosh really want to move to Middle Earth?idk I can see him going to GS in a heart beat though.

So my point is, other organizations know this; Bosh will sign for the minimum and after 25games his contract goes back onto the HEAT cap.

So teams like the Raps, Clippers, Houston, Boston and any other team that thinks they can contend, will be further be hind the eight ball.

Yes, most teams will be focused on bosh health but all it takes is one team to pull the trigger.

The main reason why your theory is not going to happen is because the NBA is a business. No middle of the pack team is going to trade for his salary without any real thought of being able to compete with the elite. He is too much salary for the amount of production he can bring to the table.

Secondly will Bosh going to a team like the Bulls really extend their season to create more team revenue? Highly unlikely. That goes with a lot of teams. There are no teams that would benefit from a Bosh trade. A lot of teams would benefit from him being waived but at this point in his career he wants to be in a winning atmosphere and extend his playing career. Why would he go to a team like the Raptors who need a PF full time and risk playing all those minutes to void his contract when he cant last the 25 games. This guy is going to take David West's spot on the GSW rotation. Play 10 to 20 mins a game and extend his career like Andre Igoudala. Thats the likely scenario for Bosh.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2017, 04:03 PM
No one is trading for that contract once he plays it kicks back in. Also Bosh hasn't passed his physical. Also huge risk for all parties and the league. Bulls were only team that suggested they'd entertain signing him this summer if waived. But Bulls probably wont since their imploding. They need a rebuild. Heat will be stuck in the middle of either start over or trade the few win now pieces for a proper tank. But most likely I think Heat win the lottery and get top pick and Wade will be all forgotten. Also I think Mavs move up the draft lottery the most they can which be like #2 pick since Dirk probably retires. So be a big reboot for both franchises.

Dade County
01-29-2017, 07:48 PM
I just don't see that a team will want him that bad to trade for him. If you can get him for free, without giving up assets, then it's a great gamble on his health. If you've gotta trade to bring in that question mark, as much as he *might* improve your squad, I don't think any GM does it.

I don't blame you for feeling this way, but only two teams really have a shot at getting Bosh; so if a team wants him they will have to trade for him before the dead line. Because after that, Miami cuts him March 1st, and middle of the pact teams miss out.

Do playoff games count on the 25?

Don't know that Bosh would want to play with LeBron again since he said it was really hard the first time. Add to that that Love and Frye are there playing a similar game already.

Yes, I believe they do, thats why Miami will cut him after March 1st. So he can't be eligible for this upcoming playoff.

Ty Fast
01-30-2017, 03:31 AM
I hope Bosh goes to GS

Giannis94
01-30-2017, 11:34 AM
I hope Bosh goes to GS

I think he convinces lebron and Dwade to make one last title run as a "Big 3" with whiteside and winslow

warfelg
01-30-2017, 12:23 PM
Some food for thought:

Could he go after the Heat if they release him, he signs elsewhere, clears medicals, and plays; using the Heat were holding him out with the sole intent of circumventing the cap, basically costing him a chance at making more money?

I think he could.

Vinylman
01-30-2017, 12:37 PM
Some food for thought:

Could he go after the Heat if they release him, he signs elsewhere, clears medicals, and plays; using the Heat were holding him out with the sole intent of circumventing the cap, basically costing him a chance at making more money?

I think he could.

Nope...

if they actually believed that he would have had the players association file a grievance already

Dade County
01-31-2017, 02:18 AM
The main reason why your theory is not going to happen is because the NBA is a business. No middle of the pack team is going to trade for his salary without any real thought of being able to compete with the elite. He is too much salary for the amount of production he can bring to the table.

I see your point...

But you have to factor this in. If a team doesn't act, the Cavs or the Warriors pull further away, for free basically.

So a team like Toronto, if they can make a minor trade and add a Bosh they might feel they can beat the Cav's (just an example lol)

Just think about it, if Bosh signs with the Warriors, there is no point of him ever leaving; Miami will be paying 2yrs of his contract, and then all he has to do is sign back with them relaxing as a roll player.

Secondly will Bosh going to a team like the Bulls really extend their season to create more team revenue? Highly unlikely.

Wade most likely sold them a false dream, by them hoping team banana boat decides to team up there in Chicago.

That goes with a lot of teams. There are no teams that would benefit from a Bosh trade.

Thats not true.

I think he could help out the Clippers if they decide to trade Blake (if they feel like another team has a shot at grabbing him in free agency).

Portland could use him, they still wouldn't be better then the Spurs and Warriors but they are still growing. Toronto could use a player like him, to inch coder to the Cav's.

Remember the cap is just going to keep going up and up.

A lot of teams would benefit from him being waived

But only 3 teams would have a shot t signing him, so it truly doesn't matter.

but at this point in his career he wants to be in a winning atmosphere and extend his playing career.

GS or Cav's.

Why would he go to a team like the Raptors who need a PF full time and risk playing all those minutes to void his contract when he cant last the 25 games. This guy is going to take David West's spot on the GSW rotation. Play 10 to 20 mins a game and extend his career like Andre Igoudala. Thats the likely scenario for Bosh.

I believe Bosh will play like normally, and not miss those games you are talking about. He might miss some road games, but that's all.

It's a steal.

ut all of your points are on the money, it's just that other teams no they are not going to win anyway, so I am guessing couple of teams call the HEAT and make a play for him. It will be the difference in being the 6th best team in the east to maybe being the 2 or 3 best team in the east.

Because realistically NO one is beating Cav's & the Warriors. So why just sit back and make them stronger, I don't understand.

You have to know that Bosh will miraculously play lil nothing is wrong with him and not miss a lot of games. It's just the way it is lol

Dade County
01-31-2017, 02:21 AM
Some food for thought:

I think he could.

No...

He still has 2yrs left on his deal after this season. IF he can play healthy for those 2yrs, he would get the same contract for his age and production that he would have gotten if none of this never happened. This contract was his last big pay day anyway.

mrblisterdundee
01-31-2017, 03:07 AM
I don't no about that. In 2010 free agents, Lbj did try to get Bosh to Middle Earth, but that didn't workout. I can see Bosh signing with GS because of the Cali life style.

They're rich athletes. They can have whatever lifestyle they want, regardless of where they live. Bosh was on the banana boat in spirit.

warfelg
01-31-2017, 09:40 AM
Nope...

if they actually believed that he would have had the players association file a grievance already

I'm not talking a grievance. I'm talking about a lawsuit against the Heat for lost wages.

Either way....I think the Heat are doing him dirty and cheating the NBA if they wait until he can't play in the playoffs to cut him. If you are that sure that no doctor would clear him to play, then cut him when it saves your cap. What waiting tell me is they think he could possibly play.

Dade County
01-31-2017, 10:11 AM
I'm not talking a grievance. I'm talking about a lawsuit against the Heat for lost wages.

Either way....I think the Heat are doing him dirty and cheating the NBA if they wait until he can't play in the playoffs to cut him. If you are that sure that no doctor would clear him to play, then cut him when it saves your cap. What waiting tell me is they think he could possibly play.

But this is a business and that would be very unwise. & lol to hurting the NBA, the NBA hurt the HEAT when they gave Cav's first rd picks and made away for Lbj to go back to Middle Earth LMAO!!!

But for real though, thats bad business. You'll get to see Bosh play next season if no one trades for him. And the other teams will be actually hurting the NBA if someone doesn't trade for him and he is able to walk onto GS or the Cav's.

There are always different ways to look at a situation.

Scoots
01-31-2017, 10:25 AM
Don't assume the cap is going to go up and up and up ... it may peak next year.

Vinylman
01-31-2017, 10:30 AM

cmon dude... his employment is governed by the CBA

He is getting paid his contract

If the union even remotely thought he was getting jobbed they would have filed a grievance (which is his first legal remedy).

Vinylman
01-31-2017, 10:36 AM
Don't assume the cap is going to go up and up and up ... it may peak next year.

yep... people don't realize that the ESPN deal was a one time windfall to keep FS1 out of the mix...

the contract was a massive OVERPAY by ESPN when the other bids were released...

I am not saying it will go down but the increases after this summer will go back to a normalized range.

Additionally, the CBA changes vis a vis max deals and extensions is going to lead to some hilarious situations.

warfelg
01-31-2017, 10:42 AM
cmon dude... his employment is governed by the CBA

He is getting paid his contract

If the union even remotely thought he was getting jobbed they would have filed a grievance (which is his first legal remedy).

They tried filing a grievance and NBA doctors said he won't be cleared.

To be transparent here, if he never plays another game I have no issue with this. But if there is a doctor out there that would clear him, even with the risks involved, then he got screwed.

FWIW I don't think Bosh is ever going to play again. No doctor will risk being the one to clear him. So in a way it's a moot point.

I just think what the Heat and Pat Riley are trying to do to circumvent cap rules by cutting him too late to have the chance to play in the playoffs is low and dirty. I would love to see a loophole closed in this.

da ThRONe
01-31-2017, 10:44 AM
Here's the real problem with the Heat trading Bosh. It's not necessarily just that other teams wouldn't trade for Chris. Miami would have to clear him first. Which means they can't medically wave him if they clear him. It's too risky for the Heat unless they know for sure a team would give them something for him. Then you get to the part where it's makes so much more sense for any interested team to just pick Bosh up if they think he's healthy enough to play. Now his salary falls back on MIA. The Heat are in a bad position, but as terrible as it sounds they have to hope Bosh is really medically unable to perform after they wave him medically.

Vinylman
01-31-2017, 11:00 AM
They tried filing a grievance and NBA doctors said he won't be cleared.

To be transparent here, if he never plays another game I have no issue with this. But if there is a doctor out there that would clear him, even with the risks involved, then he got screwed.

FWIW I don't think Bosh is ever going to play again. No doctor will risk being the one to clear him. So in a way it's a moot point.

I just think what the Heat and Pat Riley are trying to do to circumvent cap rules by cutting him too late to have the chance to play in the playoffs is low and dirty. I would love to see a loophole closed in this.

ok ... let him sue then... he won't win because they haven't done anything contrary to the CBA (which is why the Players Association won't file a grievance). As far as the Heat circumventing the cap... give me a break... they don't have to release him until the summer and shouldn't so that they can use the cap relief to sign players this summer...

there is a remote possibility that someone would sign him and play him 1 minute a game for 25 games just to **** over the HEAT's cap situation... why risk it

warfelg
01-31-2017, 11:03 AM
Here's the real problem with the Heat trading Bosh. It's not necessarily just that other teams wouldn't trade for Chris. Miami would have to clear him first. Which means they can't medically wave him if they clear him. It's too risky for the Heat unless they know for sure a team would give them something for him. Then you get to the part where it's makes so much more sense for any interested team to just pick Bosh up if they think he's healthy enough to play. Now his salary falls back on MIA. The Heat are in a bad position, but as terrible as it sounds they have to hope Bosh is really medically unable to perform after they wave him medically.

And there in lies my whole issue right now:

To do anything other than medically release him would mean you have to clear him medically. Which to me means you were either hiding something or lying about how bad it was.

Their only course is to medically release him and hope he never plays again.

NYKnickFanatic
01-31-2017, 02:10 PM
If some how Bosh ends up in Cleveland, do you do a Love for Melo trade?

Irving
JR
James
Melo
Thompson

Bosh off the bench.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-31-2017, 03:06 PM
If some how Bosh ends up in Cleveland, do you do a Love for Melo trade?

Irving
JR
James
Melo
Thompson

Bosh off the bench. GM LeBron already said no to trade of Love for Melo. If LeBron wants Melo its gonna be a lowball offer like Shumpert and Frye and whatever. Hard to say LeBron even parts with Thompson. Seems Clippers are top team for Melo now. Rivers to Knicks and third team eats Crawford and whatever the third team sends to Knicks which wont be much since Crawford deal isn't pretty.

FlashBolt
01-31-2017, 05:21 PM
I think he convinces lebron and Dwade to make one last title run as a "Big 3" with whiteside and winslow

LMAO. Whiteside hasn't been the same since he signed his contract. Dude puts minimal effort out there. Doesn't even try to go after blocks anymore. Winslow is a very poor player. I don't see how he's special. They tried to make it seem as if he was a Kawhi prototype.. no way.

Dade County
01-31-2017, 05:33 PM
Here's the real problem with the Heat trading Bosh. It's not necessarily just that other teams wouldn't trade for Chris.Miami would have to clear him first.

Feb 4th his money comes off of Miami cap, I am sure Pat has everything planned out.

Which means they can't medically wave him if they clear him. It's too risky for the Heat unless they know for sure a team would give them something for him.

Good info.

Then you get to the part where it's makes so much more sense for any interested team to just pick Bosh up if they think he's healthy enough to play.

Teams can't think like this, because if you are not GS, Cav's or Spurs you really don't have a shot.

Now his salary falls back on MIA. The Heat are in a bad position, but as terrible as it sounds they have to hope Bosh is really medically unable to perform after they wave him medically.

Thats why Miami will not release him until after March 1st, this offseason will define Miami for the next 4yrs. All that money they will have, they have to sign who they can because after Bosh plays 25 games, they are on lock down for the next 2 season.

They are not trying to do him dirty lol

Miami wants to make sure they go into free agency with all the cap flexibility they can.

Scoots
02-01-2017, 10:25 AM
They are not trying to do him dirty lol

Miami wants to make sure they go into free agency with all the cap flexibility they can.

Miami is following the letter of the rules ... however, I do think they are doing it to get cap space they don't deserve to get and in so doing are taking some of the last games Bosh could possibly play away from him at the end of a career that significantly helped Miami. Nothing "wrong", nothing against any rules, but it's yet another example of Riley not really caring about "his" players while pushing the envelope of the CBA which may once again piss off the other owners who had hoped their provisions would punish the super teams with big contracts to players past their prime and Riley is side stepping all of it it seems at the moment.

warfelg
02-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Miami is following the letter of the rules ... however, I do think they are doing it to get cap space they don't deserve to get and in so doing are taking some of the last games Bosh could possibly play away from him at the end of a career that significantly helped Miami. Nothing "wrong", nothing against any rules, but it's yet another example of Riley not really caring about "his" players while pushing the envelope of the CBA which may once again piss off the other owners who had hoped their provisions would punish the super teams with big contracts to players past their prime and Riley is side stepping all of it it seems at the moment.

^this

Honestly...not only pissing off owners...what about agents?

Vinylman
02-03-2017, 02:29 PM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAH!!!!!

What you think is fair is irrelevant...

And to characterize it as "pushing the envelope" and "taking some of the last games bosh could possibly away from him" has to be a joke... right?

He isn't medically cleared to play and if you are so confident that he will be medically cleared to play then losing games at the end of this season are irrelevant to the end of his career... If the dude is healthy he will easily play another 5 years ... right? of course not... he is a ticking time bomb...

also... how was Bosh past his prime when he signed the deal?

Your hate for Riley is palpable

SMFH

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-03-2017, 09:09 PM
I see no one trading for Bosh. Since he hasn't passed a physical. To much of a risk. If he died on the court that new team be up **** creek without a paddle.