PDA

View Full Version : Is Lebron Legacy Ruined and Is He Done Winning Titles?

RocketLoc80
01-27-2017, 12:04 PM
Alot of people look at him as a fraud and lot of people think hes overrated anyway so does he ever get a winning finals record and is he also done winning ?

RocketLoc80
01-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Upping

kingsdelez24
01-27-2017, 12:17 PM
Entitlee as all hell. His gm is paying more than any team and history and hes calling them out to spend more. They're "top heavy" because he requested that they gut their assests and cap space. He has nothing to complain about management wise, his teams effort should be his main concern

Hawkeye15
01-27-2017, 12:24 PM
haha, no, he enhanced his legacy after winning last year. Whining about help? Jesus, how may stars have done that over time? Hell Kobe threatened his team for not giving him help after they gave him 3 chips worth of help.

LeBron has cemented himself as a top 5=8 player ever, easily landing top 5 by the time he is done.

Legacies are built on the court, not in the newspaper.

aman_13
01-27-2017, 12:29 PM
haha, no, he enhanced his legacy after winning last year. Whining about help? Jesus, how may stars have done that over time? Hell Kobe threatened his team for not giving him help after they gave him 3 chips worth of help.

LeBron has cemented himself as a top 5=8 player ever, easily landing top 5 by the time he is done.

+1

ManRam
01-27-2017, 12:32 PM
wut? :confused:

RocketLoc80
01-27-2017, 12:39 PM
Alot if people saying Durant will be better all time after this year

Giannis94
01-27-2017, 12:44 PM

I mean if Durant stays with the Warriors and he gets 5 titles, I'll put him past Lebron no problem.

SeoulBeatz
01-27-2017, 01:12 PM
He cemented his legacy with last years finals win.

Yes, he can be a bit of whiner but the guy is the best player post-Jordan IMO.

What he did in last years finals was miraculous and he finally brought a championship back to his hometown. You put Lebron on any roster in the NBA and that team is going the playoffs. You can't say that about any other player. I don't hold his finals record against him. Just look at the frigging rosters he carried to the finals earlier in his career.

I think the current Cavs drama is being overblown. They are coasting right now and are in a post-championship hangover. When the playoffs come around they'll turn it up and they'll be back in the finals. No team in the East is knocking them off for the next couple seasons.

RocketLoc80
01-27-2017, 01:19 PM
Lol you smoking good **** so that means put Russell ahead of Wilt because he has more rings too? See that logic? Smfh

TheIlladelph16
01-27-2017, 01:35 PM
Who the **** is saying Durant will be better all-time after this year? Durant has not won a single championship and has exactly one MVP.

RocketLoc80
01-27-2017, 01:41 PM
TicketTV on YouTube look him up

Vinylman
01-27-2017, 01:43 PM

sorry to hear you collect opinions at mental health facilities

Hangin n Wangin
01-27-2017, 01:59 PM

Kobe complained after being on teams with Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Chris Mihm as starters for three straight years. Lebron is complaining when he has Kyrie Erving and Kevin Love after coming off a title.

Are you ****ing joking me?

MarkieMark48
01-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Overrated? please, you can hate the guy all you want but if theres one thing he is not, its overrated. Hes arguably the most complete basketball player to ever play the game... Barring injury when he retires 5 years or whatever from now he might be the all-time leading scorer, top 10 all time in assists, top 5 in steals to go with 10000 rebounds and 1000 blocks all that with atleast 3 nba championships, 3 nba finals mvps, 4 nba mvps, 10x all-nba 1st team.... I mean its getting a little ridiculous, the dude can be a tool off the court, but that cant diminish everything hes accomplished on it

Scoots
01-27-2017, 02:15 PM

LeBron's legacy is safe as one of the best to ever play the game. Any debate about that is simply trolling.

That said, he has multiple all-star teammates so he shouldn't be whining ... let alone that his whining to the press or on social media is petty as all get out.

valade16
01-27-2017, 02:17 PM
I mean if Durant stays with the Warriors and he gets 5 titles, I'll put him past Lebron no problem.

Might as well put Pippen ahead of Bron.

MarkieMark48
01-27-2017, 02:21 PM
LeBron's legacy is safe as one of the best to ever play the game. Any debate about that is simply trolling.

That said, he has multiple all-star teammates so he shouldn't be whining ... let alone that his whining to the press or on social media is petty as all get out.

agreed. Hes pretty much the GM of the team, he builds it how he wants. I think hes trying to imply that without JR Smith they cant beat the warriors(in a crazy over the top look at me complaining way)

Hawkeye15
01-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Kobe complained after being on teams with Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Chris Mihm as starters for three straight years. Lebron is complaining when he has Kyrie Erving and Kevin Love after coming off a title.

Are you ****ing joking me?

you missed the point. Is anyone knocking Kobe for demanding a trade if his FO didn't get him chip help, after they ALREADY gave him 3 chip help rosters that won it? No, they are not.

Hawkeye15
01-27-2017, 02:35 PM

as I have stated, while his message is true (they do need a backup PG, THEY), LeBron always comes off as portraying a victim, something difficult to comprehend for most people, and rightly so.

ManRam
01-27-2017, 02:37 PM

I literally don't think I've ever heard anyone say this before in my life.

I don't see this as whining. Players have always spoke out like this. He's saying that things need to be better and that things can be better. He's not making excuses. He's not complaining. He is, by the literal definition, not "whining". Maybe he shouldn't make this stuff public, but what better way to put pressure on the front office than to do that? And maybe that's him stepping outside of his lane, but he has no lane in Cleveland. It's his team.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-27-2017, 02:41 PM
No?

Cracka2HI!
01-27-2017, 03:38 PM
I wonder if he'd try to force him way onto the Clippers if they are able to trade for Melo. I wouldn't put it past him.

ewing
01-27-2017, 03:40 PM
Yes

RLundi
01-27-2017, 04:44 PM
What a stupid, random, pointless thread. Is his legacy tarnished because he said his team needs playmakers? Or for any other reason that doesn't include committing a crime or being found guilty of cheating? In my opinion, yes, it is tarnished. It's tarnished to the naysayers, haters, whiners, and ungrateful degenerates who want to see LeBron fail at all costs. These people are looking for ANY reason to denigrate one of the best 10 players in league history and what he's accomplished.

So if this question has to be asked, for the persons asking it, the answer is a resounding yes. But for those of us who would like to appreciate an all-time great before he goes away in a few short years, this isn't even a question to begin with.

JAZZNC
01-27-2017, 04:59 PM
He could be done winning rings...that **** is hard to do. His "legacy", whatever the he'll that means, is fine and last year was proof of that. He had an epic performance in last year's Finals to cap off a once ever type of comeback to bring a championship to a previously joke of a franchise.

kdspurman
01-27-2017, 05:02 PM
I wonder if he'd try to force him way onto the Clippers if they are able to trade for Melo. I wouldn't put it past him.

He does want to play with Melo, CP3, and Wade at some point. At least so he says..

Anything is possible. Idk if he'd come out West though lol

tredigs
01-27-2017, 05:29 PM
"Legacy is ruined?" Lol. He's a diva and a douchebag, but overall nothing he's done is nearly as bad as many in the past.

TheIlladelph16
01-27-2017, 06:57 PM

So one guy on Youtube is saying it translates to "alot of people are saying"? The first problem is taking anything posts or comments on Youtube seriously. The comment section on nearly every video could give a person cancer.

Giannis94
01-27-2017, 07:18 PM
Might as well put Pippen ahead of Bron.

Sounds good to me. Not really a question we need to post in the main. Kinda obvious pippen would crush a pole

KingPosey
01-27-2017, 07:26 PM
He cemented his legacy with last years finals win.

Yes, he can be a bit of whiner but the guy is the best player post-Jordan IMO.

What he did in last years finals was miraculous and he finally brought a championship back to his hometown. You put Lebron on any roster in the NBA and that team is going the playoffs. You can't say that about any other player. I don't hold his finals record against him. Just look at the frigging rosters he carried to the finals earlier in his career.

I think the current Cavs drama is being overblown. They are coasting right now and are in a post-championship hangover. When the playoffs come around they'll turn it up and they'll be back in the finals. No team in the East is knocking them off for the next couple seasons.

I think this thread is ridiculous and LBJ is an all timer, but I'm super tired of two constant tropes about LBJs "greatness". It's that he can guard anyone 1-5, no he can't. Maybe for a play or two during the game and some guys who play the position, but it's nonsense.

The other is about him carrying bad teams to the finals his first Cavs run. That conference was soooooooooooooooooo ****ing bad, probably the worst a conference has ever been, it just wasn't that amazing. This is a strong statement but he should have made the finals in the east, it was the easiest it will ever be for a team to dominate a conference for probably all of time.

ManRam
01-27-2017, 07:49 PM
"Legacy is ruined?" Lol. He's a diva and a douchebag, but overall nothing he's done is nearly as bad as many in the past.

It breaks my heart seeing you hate LeBron :laugh2: I remember the good 'ol days....

Giannis94
01-27-2017, 07:52 PM
Lebron took a jab at President Trump today. Not surprised. He dis campaign for Ms.Bill Clinton. Would rather my star atay out of politics rather tham supporting a fraud.

aman_13
01-27-2017, 07:52 PM

Ha! You should stop watching TicketTV lol

koreancabbage
01-27-2017, 07:54 PM
Lebron took a jab at President Trump today. Not surprised. He dis campaign for Ms.Bill Clinton. Would rather my star atay out of politics rather tham supporting a fraud.

He's not supporting Trump. But we digress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giannis94
01-27-2017, 08:05 PM
He's not supporting Trump. But we digress.

It'sokay. He won't have to worry about the president in the next 4 years. Also don't see Trump throwing celebrity parties like our past POTUS.

mrblisterdundee
01-27-2017, 08:07 PM
No way is he overrated, but his personality needs an improvement. He needs to realize that his demands helped cause the situation he's in.

More-Than-Most
01-27-2017, 08:09 PM
moronic thread... Lebron will be a top 3 player ever... already top 5 or so... Durant would need to continue his sick seasons while winning 5 championships and being the top player on said teams for him to sniff lebron... Sorry for all those haters out there but he is greatness

tredigs
01-27-2017, 08:24 PM
It breaks my heart seeing you hate LeBron :laugh2: I remember the good 'ol days....

Haha. I mean I still really enjoy watching him play. That hasn't changed since we were both in high school and I'd catch his games aired on ESPN, but the guy is clearly not my favorite personality.

valade16
01-27-2017, 08:36 PM
Sounds good to me. Not really a question we need to post in the main. Kinda obvious pippen would crush a pole

:laugh:

I can see the poll now:

When is best?

Giannis 93%
Pippen 6%
LeBron 1%

Giannis94
01-27-2017, 08:49 PM
:laugh:

I can see the poll now:

When is best?

Giannis 93%
Pippen 6%
LeBron 1%

Go head and post it. I'll make a case for the top 2.

europagnpilgrim
01-28-2017, 12:14 AM
Lebron cemented his legacy taking that rag tag team to the Finals in 07' and what he did leading up to that

winning more rings didn't do much for me but how the media has brainwashed the masses to think it means something has really tarnished a lot of players who are better than some with rings

if Durant wins 5 rings he wont pass Lebron or Dipper Chamberlain as more dominant(better) player, I don't think Magic is better than Oscar because of 5 rings to 1, its basically a coin toss or what do you prefer, a 18ppg triple double threat or a 30ppg triple double threat, I prefer the latter but I would still take Magic happily if Oscar was selected prior by someone else

Duncan is not more dominant(better) than Dipper because he has 5 rings to his 2, and its not really close

Lebron winning 4 nba mvp's is a cemented legacy in itself at that, that's almost as hard to do as to win the actual ship because its hard being the best player(most valuable) year in and out but its a tad bit harder to win the title because you need a legit starting 5 with a strong bench and a pretty much HOF caliber coach to get it done all in one bundle

right now Lebron has only a legit starting 5 to work with but not a strong bench and its way way too early to call Lue a HOF caliber coach but he is a good one as of right now

Quinnsanity
01-28-2017, 04:47 AM
There are a lot of bad things going on in this thread, but I can chalk most of them up to run of the mill PSD stupidity or Brewer's trolling.

Here's the one thing I can't abide by. Some of you are saying "well if Durant wins five titles with the Warriors he could be better than LeBron."

No, that's not true. The Warriors are a historical anomaly in which the individual players cannot be meaningfully judged. It took a once in a generation cap spike, several extensions signed at precisely the right moments, Curry's pre-extension injury issues, everything that went wrong for GSW in the Finals (Durant is on record as saying he wouldn't have gone if they'd won) and Durant's own failure to close out GSW in the WCF to make this happen.

The Warriors probably ARE going to win five championships in a row. They're the prohibitive favorite this year, and they're only going to get better while their competitors (LeBron is 32, Chris Paul is going to be 32 in May, LaMarcus Aldridge is 31) are going to get worse. The next generation (Milwaukee, Philly, Minny etc...) are several years away. We are going to be stuck in a no man's land over the next few years with the old generation dying off before the new one can take its place, leaving the Warriors a largely unimpeded path to title after title. There's probably going to be a year where they go 16-0 in the playoffs. A 74-win season is totally in play.

The combination of all of those factors is what is going to lead to Durant probably winning four or five titles in a row. That does not make him better than LeBron. When LeBron "stacked the deck" to sign with Miami, he played for a team with two stars and not much else, and he still won two titles in four years and made the Finals in the other two. Imagine if you casually dropped a third star (and magically made the other two better fits with him), one of the league's best sixth men and one of the league's best backup point guards on those Heat teams as well. They'd have won five in a row too. Given how well LeBron is aging, and how well the GSW guys project to age, if LeBron had the option to sign with the 2016 Warriors as the 26-year-old he was in 2010 you could convince me that seven or eight straight titles were in play. But the opportunity to sign with the Warriors at that point didn't exist because not only did these Warriors not yet exist, but the cap at that point wouldn't have allowed it anyway.

Don't overthink this guys. LeBron is/was better than Durant at every part of the game except three-point shooting. LeBron has Durant beat in every aggregation metric (WS, WS/48, PER, BPM, VORP etc...). LeBron's teams are universally more impacted when he sits on the bench (just this year, for example, Cleveland's net rating drops 13.2 points per 100 when Durant sits while Golden State's falls only 9.7). He came basically as close to a title with Boobie Gibson, Sasha Pavlovic and Zydrunas Ilgauskas as Durant did with Russell Westbrook, James Harden and Serge Ibaka.

I know it's fun to speculate about what the new team can do and it's boring to just say "well this guy is the best from his generation, period, end of discussion," but that's basically what's happened here. Kevin Durant is a Hall of Fame player, will probably end up somewhere in the top 20 or so of all time. But he will not surpass LeBron. It would take a degree of improvement that most 28-year-old nine-year vets simply don't have. I don't care how many titles he wins. LeBron is the better individual player. There is no argument otherwise.

Saying "Durant will surpass LeBron if he wins five titles" is basically akin to saying "Sam Jones was better than Jerry West because he won 10 titles." Well no **** Sam Jones won ten titles, he played for the Celtics. Imagine what the Celtics would've been if they had Jerry West instead of him. They are both Hall of Fame players, but one is simply in a different class than the other.

Saddletramp
01-28-2017, 07:10 AM
It'sokay. He won't have to worry about the president in the next 4 years. Also don't see Trump throwing celebrity parties like our past POTUS.

He definitely would if he could but he can't so won't.

Saddletramp
01-28-2017, 07:17 AM
There are a lot of bad things going on in this thread, but I can chalk most of them up to run of the mill PSD stupidity or Brewer's trolling.

Here's the one thing I can't abide by. Some of you are saying "well if Durant wins five titles with the Warriors he could be better than LeBron."

No, that's not true. The Warriors are a historical anomaly in which the individual players cannot be meaningfully judged. It took a once in a generation cap spike, several extensions signed at precisely the right moments, Curry's pre-extension injury issues, everything that went wrong for GSW in the Finals (Durant is on record as saying he wouldn't have gone if they'd won) and Durant's own failure to close out GSW in the WCF to make this happen.

The Warriors probably ARE going to win five championships in a row. They're the prohibitive favorite this year, and they're only going to get better while their competitors (LeBron is 32, Chris Paul is going to be 32 in May, LaMarcus Aldridge is 31) are going to get worse. The next generation (Milwaukee, Philly, Minny etc...) are several years away. We are going to be stuck in a no man's land over the next few years with the old generation dying off before the new one can take its place, leaving the Warriors a largely unimpeded path to title after title. There's probably going to be a year where they go 16-0 in the playoffs. A 74-win season is totally in play.

The combination of all of those factors is what is going to lead to Durant probably winning four or five titles in a row. That does not make him better than LeBron. When LeBron "stacked the deck" to sign with Miami, he played for a team with two stars and not much else, and he still won two titles in four years and made the Finals in the other two. Imagine if you casually dropped a third star (and magically made the other two better fits with him), one of the league's best sixth men and one of the league's best backup point guards on those Heat teams as well. They'd have won five in a row too. Given how well LeBron is aging, and how well the GSW guys project to age, if LeBron had the option to sign with the 2016 Warriors as the 26-year-old he was in 2010 you could convince me that seven or eight straight titles were in play. But the opportunity to sign with the Warriors at that point didn't exist because not only did these Warriors not yet exist, but the cap at that point wouldn't have allowed it anyway.

Don't overthink this guys. LeBron is/was better than Durant at every part of the game except three-point shooting. LeBron has Durant beat in every aggregation metric (WS, WS/48, PER, BPM, VORP etc...). LeBron's teams are universally more impacted when he sits on the bench (just this year, for example, Cleveland's net rating drops 13.2 points per 100 when Durant sits while Golden State's falls only 9.7). He came basically as close to a title with Boobie Gibson, Sasha Pavlovic and Zydrunas Ilgauskas as Durant did with Russell Westbrook, James Harden and Serge Ibaka.

I know it's fun to speculate about what the new team can do and it's boring to just say "well this guy is the best from his generation, period, end of discussion," but that's basically what's happened here. Kevin Durant is a Hall of Fame player, will probably end up somewhere in the top 20 or so of all time. But he will not surpass LeBron. It would take a degree of improvement that most 28-year-old nine-year vets simply don't have. I don't care how many titles he wins. LeBron is the better individual player. There is no argument otherwise.

Saying "Durant will surpass LeBron if he wins five titles" is basically akin to saying "Sam Jones was better than Jerry West because he won 10 titles." Well no **** Sam Jones won ten titles, he played for the Celtics. Imagine what the Celtics would've been if they had Jerry West instead of him. They are both Hall of Fame players, but one is simply in a different class than the other.

Spot on except for the POOP sig.

To me at least, Durant pussified himself out of the Top Players Ever when he gave up winning without a team like the Warriors around him. Going to GS or Cleveland were legacy killers in my eyes. He simply pussed out.

Miltstar
01-28-2017, 08:59 AM
Lebron is such a lil' B**** like give me a break already and take some responsibility for your OWN failures!! "we need a playmaker" LMAO you ARE the playmaker dummy

Giannis94
01-28-2017, 09:41 AM
Lebron is such a lil' B**** like give me a break already and take some responsibility for your OWN failures!! "we need a playmaker" LMAO you ARE the playmaker dummy

Whenever I think of lebron I think of a macho tough guy on the court that talks smack jist to make fans think he is a badass. The catch is thst he talks to and sleeps with his teddy bear from adolescent years when he sleeps at night

RocketLoc80
01-28-2017, 12:48 PM
Skip Bayless just said Barkley and Curry will have greater legacy than Lebron

LA_Raiders
01-28-2017, 01:13 PM
He is no more than a top 15 player and a Top 3 whiner

Scoots
01-28-2017, 01:34 PM
as I have stated, while his message is true (they do need a backup PG, THEY), LeBron always comes off as portraying a victim, something difficult to comprehend for most people, and rightly so.

Just to clarify ... I was agreeing with you :)

Bostonjorge
01-28-2017, 11:13 PM
First off all the top 5 talk is a joke.

As for winning more championships. We can never count out lebron because he the type of player to join the warriors next year or the year after as a free agent. When it comes to making "super teams" lebron is the GOAT and will always re claim his title if someone challenges him.

No one really takes his rings in Miami seriously and last year the the league gift wrapped it for him. James needs 1 real respectable ring to be in my top 15.

LA_Raiders
01-28-2017, 11:19 PM
His legacy is that he can't win without a big 3 team anyway; a big 4 team won't hurt him much.

tredigs
01-29-2017, 03:15 AM
I feel sorry for kids who grew up with LeBron James as their hero. I'll leave it at that.

Sssmush
01-29-2017, 03:48 AM
Alot of people look at him as a fraud and lot of people think hes overrated anyway so does he ever get a winning finals record and is he also done winning ?

LoL last years title with the Cavs was a pretty pathetic show of greed and blatant corruption by shoe and soda companies desperate to cash out there decade plus investment in Lebron.

Wait... your telling me they suspended Draymond during the Finals AND fouled out Curry AND gave Cleveland significant free throw edges (sometimes 20+ a game) while purposely muscling up on Curry and guarding/checking/denying him out above the three point line with huge power forwards like Tristan and Lebron?

What??

And then Lebron rolled around blubbering and the media said "now he's the best ever" hahahaha

LoL everybody who says the game was tougher "back in the day." Back in the day, if a PF or center got caught out above the 3 point line it was an automatic foul if there was contact. Now we get Tristan Thompsons and Lebrons defending Curry hard and holding and denying him at 30 feet. What a joke.

Yeah.... maybe Lebron wins again. Who cares. Honestly it becomes such a pressurized circus of fake phoney jkhypersenstive refereeing it is just annoying. I mean, regular season game regualur conditions... GSW by 30 over Cavs. But ooooh playoff atmisphere and give Cavs 25 extra FTs and let them foul the **** out of GSW guards... and let the excitement begin.

People are tired of Lebron because they arent stupid. Lebron is a great player but the championships are mostly fake and people do realize that.

europagnpilgrim
01-29-2017, 04:20 AM
Spot on except for the POOP sig.

To me at least, Durant pussified himself out of the Top Players Ever when he gave up winning without a team like the Warriors around him. Going to GS or Cleveland were legacy killers in my eyes. He simply pussed out.

Quick question

did Magic puss out also by wanting Kareem/Lakers prior to even being drafted still in college and not proven nothing in the nba? he said he would have went back to college had the Lakers lost the coin toss and the Bulls would have had the number 1 overall pick

to me that is worse than what KD did because at least KD had like 8 years of nba service and exercised his free agent rights

Is Jordan titles weak since he never beat those title teams at their most top notch? he sent a Detroit/Lakers retirement team home packing but he never could beat the Celtics or Pistons when they were at the height of its glory? then the 2nd three peat had expansion teams and he never faced a dominant big and the only time it could have possibly happened he was retired for a 1 1/2 to where the other dominant big man eliminated him in 95' and I know he just had came back and swept that dominate big the very next year he still dodged the Dream over there in 96' and settled for Sonics who were a real solid team but Kemp/Payton didn't scare Jordan, then he played old dust what was left of Stockton/Malone duo

Jordan didn't punk out and leave the Bulls in the down years but damn he didn't really have it that rough at all to win titles when the real competition disappeared(other dynasties), so being catered to by Stern/refs who runs the entire association is basically ***** footing on a whole diff. level

Saddletramp
01-29-2017, 04:57 AM
Yes to Magic being a puss.
No to Jordan. He beat who was in front of him. Can't control that.

RocketLoc80
01-29-2017, 05:26 AM
Ok Skip Bayless is that you *******?

Saddletramp
01-29-2017, 06:00 AM
It's kinda cool how you've posted multiple times in this thread. You usually disappear after you ask the original troll/idiot question.

KnicksorBust
01-29-2017, 09:44 AM
I feel sorry for kids who grew up with LeBron James as their hero. I'll leave it at that.

Why?

Better role model than Kobe, Shaq, or Jordan.

KnicksorBust
01-29-2017, 09:47 AM

I dont think people are seriously making that argument. They are either trolling or being hyperbolic.

Giannis94
01-29-2017, 09:53 AM
I dont think people are seriously making that argument. They are either trolling or being hyperbolic.
Adam Morrison won 2 titles (IIRC) so he has to rank higher than Westbrook, Harden, AD, etc of they fail to win 2 titles. Amirite or amirite?

Quinnsanity
01-29-2017, 10:01 AM

This thread has me losing my faith in humanity man.

Miltstar
01-29-2017, 10:29 AM
Why?

Better role model than Kobe, Shaq, or Jordan.

no way Lebron represents everything thats wrong with the world a spoiled brat who gets everything he could ever ask for and still cant live up to expectations, takes every shortcut and cuts every corner and can only manage a couple meaningless titles

not to mention whenever something doesnt go his way he points fingers at everybody but himself.

Miltstar
01-29-2017, 10:49 AM
LoL last years title with the Cavs was a pretty pathetic show of greed and blatant corruption by shoe and soda companies desperate to cash out there decade plus investment in Lebron.

Wait... your telling me they suspended Draymond during the Finals AND fouled out Curry AND gave Cleveland significant free throw edges (sometimes 20+ a game) while purposely muscling up on Curry and guarding/checking/denying him out above the three point line with huge power forwards like Tristan and Lebron?

What??

And then Lebron rolled around blubbering and the media said "now he's the best ever" hahahaha

LoL everybody who says the game was tougher "back in the day." Back in the day, if a PF or center got caught out above the 3 point line it was an automatic foul if there was contact. Now we get Tristan Thompsons and Lebrons defending Curry hard and holding and denying him at 30 feet. What a joke.

Yeah.... maybe Lebron wins again. Who cares. Honestly it becomes such a pressurized circus of fake phoney jkhypersenstive refereeing it is just annoying. I mean, regular season game regualur conditions... GSW by 30 over Cavs. But ooooh playoff atmisphere and give Cavs 25 extra FTs and let them foul the **** out of GSW guards... and let the excitement begin.

People are tired of Lebron because they arent stupid. Lebron is a great player but the championships are mostly fake and people do realize that.

it reminds me of when im playing 2k for PS4 and no matter how good you are playing the cpu will always find a way to influence the final score last years title means absolutely nothing to me as it was a clear cut marketing scam.

Kevin Gates needs to write a song about Lebron he would absolutely tear him apart, unfortunately I don't think he is a basketball fan.

Quinnsanity
01-29-2017, 10:56 AM

This is the worst post I've seen in a long time. Kobe was accused of rape. Kareem has a DUI. Karl Malone got a 13 year old pregnant... when he was 20. Charles Barkley threw a dude out a window. Gary Payton beat up a male stripper. Isiah Thomas sexually harassed Anucha Browne Sanders. I've lost count of all the **** Allen Iverson did.

And it's not even just criminals. MJ punched multiple teammates at practices and was such a compulsive gambler that many still believe the league suspended him for it. Shaq stole Steve Nash's TV show (and has been accused of assault). Larry Bird was such a drunk that the Celtics had to trade his drinking buddy, Rick Robey, just to make sure they could maximize his talents. Magic got his coach fired by issuing a public "him or me" ultimatum. Kareem and Russell refused to sign autographs for kids.

These are the people you'd prefer kids idolizing than LeBron? The guy who has never been accused of a crime, who is one of the most socially active athletes on Earth, who is beloved enough by his fellow players to be one of the leaders of their union, who was ranked the sixth (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/cristiano-ronaldo/11808787/Cristiano-Ronaldo-tops-list-of-worlds-most-charitable-sports-stars.html) most charitable athlete on Earth, who is one of the best passers in the history of basketball and has set one of the best possible examples of how to play the game the right way for kids everywhere? Seriously?

The dude isn't perfect. I was as big a "Decision" hater as anyone. I don't like the way he calls out his teammates and execs. But come on. He is, for the most part, an excellent role model, far better than just about any other star of his caliber in the history of basketball. Maybe he's not Tim Duncan, but he's better than just about everyone else.

Miltstar
01-29-2017, 11:02 AM
This is the worst post I've seen in a long time. Kobe was accused of rape. Kareem has a DUI. Karl Malone got a 13 year old pregnant... when he was 20. Charles Barkley threw a dude out a window. Gary Payton beat up a male stripper. Isiah Thomas sexually harassed Anucha Browne Sanders. I've lost count of all the **** Allen Iverson did.

And it's not even just criminals. MJ punched multiple teammates at practices and was such a compulsive gambler that many still believe the league suspended him for it. Shaq stole Steve Nash's TV show (and has been accused of assault). Larry Bird was such a drunk that the Celtics had to trade his drinking buddy, Rick Robey, just to make sure they could maximize his talents. Magic got his coach fired by issuing a public "him or me" ultimatum. Kareem and Russell refused to sign autographs for kids.

These are the people you'd prefer kids idolizing than LeBron? The guy who has never been accused of a crime, who is one of the most socially active athletes on Earth, who is beloved enough by his fellow players to be one of the leaders of their union, who was ranked the sixth (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/cristiano-ronaldo/11808787/Cristiano-Ronaldo-tops-list-of-worlds-most-charitable-sports-stars.html) most charitable athlete on Earth, who is one of the best passers in the history of basketball and has set one of the best possible examples of how to play the game the right way for kids everywhere? Seriously?

The dude isn't perfect. I was as big a "Decision" hater as anyone. I don't like the way he calls out his teammates and execs. But come on. He is, for the most part, an excellent role model, far better than just about any other star of his caliber in the history of basketball. Maybe he's not Tim Duncan, but he's better than just about everyone else.

you're wrong, this is the worst post I've seen in awhile ;) you clearly don't understand the world amd I feel sorry for you

Quinnsanity
01-29-2017, 11:43 AM
you're wrong, this is the worst post I've seen in awhile ;) you clearly don't understand the world amd I feel sorry for you

What percentage of this thread is trolls? Just someone tell me. I'm past the point where I can detect it anymore. This many people can't have these opinions. I'm pulling my goddamn hair out.

tredigs
01-29-2017, 01:35 PM
So many off court and post playing day revelations for the players you mentioned. Kids did not know about Jordan's gambling (and frankly I could care less how a man spends his own money, neither should you). I'd hate for my son to look up to someone and see that it's OK to not shoulder the blame of his actions or circumstance, but rather pin it on others. That's SUCH a negative and pathetic way to live life. And hes proven time and time and time again that at his core, that is the person he is. An upstanding citizen and not a rotten human, just a petty and pathetic one.

Sly Guy
01-29-2017, 01:37 PM
not trying to start anything by asking this, just want to draw a comparison.

Since the lakers as a franchise have been notorious spenders when it comes to talent, I'll pose the following question to laker fans.

Did Kobe, or Shaq ever complain about the need to spend more on talent? Specifically, during their contending years? Was the spending based on management decisions without the players? If either of them did, then I think it puts something like LBJ's calls for more spending into perspective. If not, then I can at least somewhat see the point Chuck made about LeBron wanting everyone and not wanting to compete.

jason6692
01-29-2017, 01:55 PM

Drink bleach if you agree sheesh close this crap thread its pointless.

jason6692
01-29-2017, 01:59 PM
Lol lebron hate is funny he been the best in the world for a good 10 years these butthurt lebron haters are so embarassing ya disgust me respect him. Cus when he gone itll be a while before we get to emjoy this type of greatness. Appreciate it while he here you losers

jason6692
01-29-2017, 02:05 PM
it reminds me of when im playing 2k for PS4 and no matter how good you are playing the cpu will always find a way to influence the final score last years title means absolutely nothing to me as it was a clear cut marketing scam.

Kevin Gates needs to write a song about Lebron he would absolutely tear him apart, unfortunately I don't think he is a basketball fan.

Did you just say kevin gates out of every rapper to touch this earth. Omg is psd raising you kids

jason6692
01-29-2017, 02:06 PM
This thread has me losing my faith in humanity man.

Agree

Giannis94
01-29-2017, 02:12 PM
Honestly, this thread should of been closed early on or the first part of the title removed so thati would read: Is lebron done winning titles.

While I do not like Lebron, there is no denying that if he doesn't win another title, that he will still go down as a top 10 (conservatively) player of all time

Miltstar
01-29-2017, 02:34 PM
What percentage of this thread is trolls? Just someone tell me. I'm past the point where I can detect it anymore. This many people can't have these opinions. I'm pulling my goddamn hair out.

If you're having a mental crisis it says more about you than the people around you

mngopher35
01-29-2017, 02:47 PM

Lol it's a Lebron thread you know the hate some people have. Just watch and laugh.

valade16
01-29-2017, 02:48 PM
So many off court and post playing day revelations for the players you mentioned. Kids did not know about Jordan's gambling (and frankly I could care less how a man spends his own money, neither should you). I'd hate for my son to look up to someone and see that it's OK to not shoulder the blame of his actions or circumstance, but rather pin it on others. That's SUCH a negative and pathetic way to live life. And hes proven time and time and time again that at his core, that is the person he is. An upstanding citizen and not a rotten human, just a petty and pathetic one.

To be fair to LeBron, I'd hate for my son to look up to someone who impregnates minors, drinks and drives, or assaults others and/or women or who cheats on their spouse. If we're ranking the actions of superstars in terms of negative role model for kids, LeBron wouldn't be near the worst.

As for the MJ stuff, if you believe the conspiracies, then his gambling goes far beyond just spending his money.

Miltstar
01-29-2017, 03:03 PM
Did you just say kevin gates out of every rapper to touch this earth. Omg is psd raising you kids

I'm a grown *** man that clearly understands the world on a deeper level than yourself

tredigs
01-29-2017, 03:16 PM
To be fair to LeBron, I'd hate for my son to look up to someone who impregnates minors, drinks and drives, or assaults others and/or women or who cheats on their spouse. If we're ranking the actions of superstars in terms of negative role model for kids, LeBron wouldn't be near the worst.

As for the MJ stuff, if you believe the conspiracies, then his gambling goes far beyond just spending his money.

I don't know, growing up we didn't know anything about athletes other than their on-court actions and what they say to the press (certainly not wild conspiracy theories with no facts behind them). Judging by that specifically, LBJ leaves a lot to be desired. And I'm not the one who compared him to others, I'm speaking to him specifically. Even the way he shows disgust at his teammates when they drop a pass or miss a gimme shot (if he's in one of his tantrum moods), it's just so pathetic. If a guy like Curry did that I'd call him out to no end.

KnicksorBust
01-29-2017, 03:21 PM
Adam Morrison won 2 titles (IIRC) so he has to rank higher than Westbrook, Harden, AD, etc of they fail to win 2 titles. Amirite or amirite?

Who said that?

Karl Malone is a great example for this. Titles by themselves dont elevate a player out of their tier. This is why no one argues Horry over Malone. But team success and how a player performs while winning a title can help separate comparable players. That is why Duncan ranks above Malone.

KnicksorBust
01-29-2017, 03:25 PM

Saved me the trouble. Great post Quinn.

JasonJohnHorn
01-29-2017, 04:43 PM
KD getting to the finals with Curry, Klay and Dray is not nearly as impressive and LBJ getting to the finals with Gooden, Hughes, and and aging Big Z.

I mean, I don't even know where this is coming from. The dude has been in the finals 6 straight years: winning record or no, that is amazing. The Cavs struggled to put a contender around him the first time around. You can't fault LBJ with having a $#!T GM to work with. They picked up an aging Shaq a Play-It-Again sports, and 'all star' Mo Williams, and injured Varejoa and what? He had a good core with Bosh, Wade and Miller in Miami, went to four finals with them, was .500, and has been to back-to-back finals with Cleveland and is .500 with them. Six in a row? As good and stacked as the Warriors are, they will be extremely lucky to pull that off.

LBJ is going to be racking up all kinds of career milestones other players will never touch, and a finals appearances count for a lot in most people's books. I mean, KD has missed more finals than LBJ's been in. That says a lot.

LBJ's legacy is secured. He may not be remembered as the greatest, but he will always be remembered as one of the greatest. And he's been the alpha in 7 finals appearances (likely 8 this year), which is more than Jordan, and far more than KD.

Jamiecballer
01-29-2017, 05:56 PM
i think a lot of people have a really hard time understanding that just because you are quoted in the media as saying something that could be considered critical of your teammates does not in any way infer you are not taking responsibility for your own actions or are happy with your own play.

this simple fact probably accounts for 80% of the BS hate towards him and simply did not exist as a topic of discussion before Lebrons time. completely manufactured criticism. i blame social media.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-29-2017, 06:00 PM
Is he done winning titles? I think so.

Did he ruin his legacy? Not a chance. Everyone here knows they are a notch behind the Warriors (and the Spurs) so for him to think they need better players to match up to those 2 teams isn't unreasonable. Unfortunately they broke bank spending money on retaining their players last year so management is in a tough spot.

nastynice
01-29-2017, 06:05 PM
Lebron could retire today and would go down as a tier 1 player with guys like mj, shaq, Hakeem etc

His legacy at this point is already set, and he still has another 4-5 yrs to add to it

Pfeifer
01-29-2017, 06:29 PM
If not for his vlatant disrespect of opponent at times and the team jumping and super team attitude he would be considered GOAT. Easily the most talented palyer ever but seemed very fragile mentally. The faking of injuries and crying about everything to not shaking hands when loosing and running away like a spoiled bratt. It frustrates me most because he seems like a decent guy off the court but is the perfect example of this generations sense of entitlement.

RocketLoc80
01-29-2017, 06:37 PM
You think KD surpasses him in career and titles?

RocketLoc80
01-29-2017, 06:46 PM
i think a lot of people have a really hard time understanding that just because you are quoted in the media as saying something that could be considered critical of your teammates does not in any way infer you are not taking responsibility for your own actions or are happy with your own play.

this simple fact probably accounts for 80% of the BS hate towards him and simply did not exist as a topic of discussion before Lebrons time. completely manufactured criticism. i blame social media.

Co ****ing sign

Saddletramp
01-29-2017, 07:22 PM

Yeah, when I read that I just rolled my eyes. Hometown hero giving his all and leaving for greener pastures when he's being wasted and only used for goodwill by his FO. Then winning. Then turning the other cheek and coming back home after everything that was said by the team owner and some fans. Then winning again. A lot of what he's done I'd be happy to have kids emulate. Is he perfect? Of course not. He's not 100% in the right on everything but it's a lot better than what most of these **** bags have done.

And I'm not the one who compared him to others, I'm speaking to him specifically.

But you did when you said:

You're basically insinuating that other kids in other eras grew up with better role models than Lebron. When others have their actions presented you're now "well I wasn't comparing......". Yeah, you were.

Even the way he shows disgust at his teammates when they drop a pass or miss a gimme shot (if he's in one of his tantrum moods), it's just so pathetic. If a guy like Curry did that I'd call him out to no end.

I like how when Green threw a tantrum at KD a few weeks back you basically said "I wish he wouldn't do that but it's just Dray being Dray. What you gonna do?"

Sssmush
01-29-2017, 07:34 PM

Yeah... it was pretty gross. Also very obvious that if the Cavs were in the Western Conference, most years they'd be a 3 or a 4 seed at best, and have a tough time getting past the Clippers, the Memphises, the Oklahomas, etc. TRUE finals last year was OKC vs GSW. They let them play, that was all out. No way does Cavs get through that series just absolutely no way.

NOW, it is great, with the moves GSW has made, the league has two choices: watch GSW hang a vicious beatdown on Lebron (probably a sweep), along with all the attendant negative imagery of Lebron at his worst (crying, complaining, travelling, blaming, quitting, scowling); OR make an absurd mockery of the finals and the league by using the refs to try and make it a competitive and so-called entertaining finals.

There mightve been a 3rd option ie get Lebron CP3 or Westbrook and Deandre and maybe Melo... but naahhh.

So we'll see how this pkays out. We'll see how much the integrity of the league is worth. I'm guessing we''ll see at least one 40 FT defferential game so the weenies in Cleveland can say "yay Lebron" and we can watch some awesome commercials.

Shlumpledink
01-29-2017, 07:44 PM
He's done, when was the last time he won anyway?

ewing
01-29-2017, 07:48 PM

I blame society!!

Jamiecballer
01-29-2017, 11:22 PM
I blame society!!

In your case I'd probably be looking at your mother's drug addled state during the first trimester of her pregnancy

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

tredigs
01-29-2017, 11:41 PM
But you did when you said:

You're basically insinuating that other kids in other eras grew up with better role models than Lebron. When others have their actions presented you're now "well I wasn't comparing......". Yeah, you were.

I like how when Green threw a tantrum at KD a few weeks back you basically said "I wish he wouldn't do that but it's just Dray being Dray. What you gonna do?"
I wasn't "basically insinuating" anything. I said I feel bad for them. I do. He's a *****. I'd hate to have my kids idolize a *****.

I said kids did not know anything about a guy like MJ and his gambling proclivities. I assure you, we did not. I also said that as men we should not care what a man does with his own money. I assure you, we should not.

Yes, Draymond talked to his teammate on the court and handled an issue that very moment. They shook hands and moved on, like men. I did not love it, but it sure as hell was not a ***** move. You deal with a leader like that. Lebron would have made a veiled statement to the media undermining that play 3 weeks later.

KingPosey
01-30-2017, 12:03 AM

Everything here is pretty true for the most part, but no he's not one of the best passers of all time . That's ridiculous lol

Saddletramp
01-30-2017, 12:08 AM
We seem to disagree on a few things regarding Lebron.

And Draymond gave up on the play and then threw a temper tantrum. It was embarrassing to watch. Durant looked like he had no choice but to just appease Green because Green has the reputation of being a bully even amongst his teammates. If Lebron would have done that you'd have crucified him. Green better hopes he stays healthy and this productive because they'll trade him for conditional second if he lessens up. It's like he gets his period or something. So yeah, he's a *****.

tredigs
01-30-2017, 12:17 AM
We seem to disagree on a few things regarding Lebron.

And Draymond gave up on the play and then threw a temper tantrum. It was embarrassing to watch. Durant looked like he had no choice but to just appease Green because Green has the reputation of being a bully even amongst his teammates. If Lebron would have done that you'd have crucified him. Green better hopes he stays healthy and this productive because they'll trade him for conditional second if he lessens up. It's like he gets his period or something. So yeah, he's a *****.

Lebron gave up on an entire playoff series. Twice in my opinion in fact. That's where you "crucify".

Saddletramp
01-30-2017, 12:31 AM
Lebron gave up on an entire playoff series. Twice in my opinion in fact. That's where you "crucify".

Back in his "Waste his Talents" Cavs days? Man, you're getting ridiculous.

tredigs
01-30-2017, 12:46 AM
Back in his "Waste his Talents" Cavs days? Man, you're getting ridiculous.

Not sure where your quotes are from, but it certainly is not myself. Such a mark. Lol. Shocking that you're a Lebron stan.

Saddletramp
01-30-2017, 12:58 AM
Stop posting. You're obviously drunk.

valade16
01-30-2017, 01:05 AM
I mean if we're talking about ***** moves Dray kicking people in the nuts has got to be worse than Bron lol

tredigs
01-30-2017, 01:07 AM
I mean if we're talking about ***** moves Dray kicking people in the nuts has got to be worse than Bron lol

Even assuming that idiocy was legitimate (I legitimately am not convinced...I understand the sour side though completely), he's still standing at another grown man in his face and kicking him in the nuts. He's not a backstabber. CERTAINLY NOT TO HIS TEAM MATES. He's in your face (and/or nuts ; )

Giannis94
01-30-2017, 01:15 AM
A big SO to Tredigs for making me look like I deserve to be a mod based in post quality. Quinn said it himself: "worst post he's seen in a long time".

i don't talk trash. I talk the truth.

tredigs
01-30-2017, 01:18 AM
A big SO to Tredigs for making me look like I deserve to be a mod based in post quality. Quinn said it himself: "worst post he's seen in a long time".

i don't talk trash. I talk the truth.
No, you're still a complete troll.

Though funny here and there.

ewing
01-30-2017, 01:21 AM
In your case I'd probably be looking at your mother's drug addled state during the first trimester of her pregnancy

Take that back!

Miltstar
01-30-2017, 01:22 AM
I wasn't "basically insinuating" anything. I said I feel bad for them. I do. He's a *****. I'd hate to have my kids idolize a *****.

I said kids did not know anything about a guy like MJ and his gambling proclivities. I assure you, we did not. I also said that as men we should not care what a man does with his own money. I assure you, we should not.

Yes, Draymond talked to his teammate on the court and handled an issue that very moment. They shook hands and moved on, like men. I did not love it, but it sure as hell was not a ***** move. You deal with a leader like that. Lebron would have made a veiled statement to the media undermining that play 3 weeks later.

good post! 100% agree

Giannis94
01-30-2017, 01:30 AM
No, you're still a complete troll.

Though funny here and there.

I strongly dislike lebron too. In fact, I could make a lot of money by formulating a way to stop lebron. Keep in mind, he's soft and whines after every call which is why i think this strategy will work, if the Cavs make it outta the east- and that's no guarantee.

You double team him with Zaza and Dray. After seeing what Zaza did to westy and what dray has done in rje past, they would mentally and physically hammer SPAK all 48 minutes of the 4 game series.

See man, it doesn't have to be this way. We're actually on the same page just taught you how to shut down SPAK.

goingfor28
01-30-2017, 03:40 AM
The LBJ hate is ridiculous. I'm not a huge fan but he's the best player in the game currently, has been elite since he was 18 coming out of St Vincent St Mary, is a good dude, doesn't get in trouble off the court and has been to 6 straight finals.
He deserves respect. And lots of it

Miltstar
01-30-2017, 07:23 AM
The LBJ hate is ridiculous. I'm not a huge fan but he's the best player in the game currently, has been elite since he was 18 coming out of St Vincent St Mary, is a good dude, doesn't get in trouble off the court and has been to 6 straight finals.

nah man he demands respect and doesnt deserve it. i dont care how good he is, he has a piss poor Im better than everyone attitude. Ive played with enough guys with similar attitudes, its much more fun to beat them and watch them cry then see them barely scrape out a victory after being given every advantage that is humanly possible and then call themselves the greatest of all time when it's obvious to everyone else that he isn't even as good as Kobe.

MarkieMark48
01-30-2017, 09:27 AM

Trump?

ewing
01-30-2017, 09:44 AM

Why am i not allowed to to dislike him? I know people that have gotten in trouble with the law that i like and people who have not that i don't. LeBron is a great basketball player that frequently behaves like a ***** on the court and too the media. I could care less if he got a DUI or got in trouble in his personal life. Good guy or bad guy he seems like a real annoying person.

Jeffy25
01-30-2017, 11:40 AM

Who the **** is saying Durant will be better all-time after this year? Durant has not won a single championship and has exactly one MVP.

sorry to hear you collect opinions at mental health facilities

All of these.

They just won a chip last year. He very well could win another over the next couple of seasons. And he is going to end up top 3 in several major stat categories before he retires. He could end up the all-time leading scorer if he plays long enough.

We've always known his personality sucks. But his play on the court is potentially 1B to Jordan's to 1B all-time.

GodsSon
01-30-2017, 11:44 AM
nah man he demands respect and doesnt deserve it. i dont care how good he is, he has a piss poor Im better than everyone attitude. Ive played with enough guys with similar attitudes, its much more fun to beat them and watch them cry then see them barely scrape out a victory after being given every advantage that is humanly possible and then call themselves the greatest of all time when it's obvious to everyone else that he isn't even as good as Kobe.

Seriously?

I was a huge Kobe fan, but LeBron has already surpassed him on the all-time list.

Giannis94
01-30-2017, 12:10 PM
Seriously?

I was a huge Kobe fan, but LeBron has already surpassed him on the all-time list.

Lebrons issues are also a lot more severe than lebrons. Lebron is just a whiny bbaby. Kobe is uhm no comment?

MarkieMark48
01-30-2017, 01:44 PM
Seriously?

I would agree, but at the very least its debatable... certainly not obvious

Pfeifer
01-30-2017, 02:10 PM
Its his career path and poor sportsmanship which ruin his legacy for me. Its almost unfair to compare my generations heroes like MJ or "not a role model" Barkley to Lebron strictly on media and exposure. But if you break it down to on the court performance and demeanor, MJ *****ing and complaining was alot different than Lebron. I also think Lebron building a super team and not doing it in Cleaveland the first time rubs people and former players the wrong way. Not viewed as the same type of competitor. Hes as spineless on the court as he is off. Still the most talented player to ever play though.

Hawkeye15
01-30-2017, 02:14 PM
I would agree, but at the very least its debatable... certainly not obvious

Disagree. LeBron has blown by Kobe on all time rankings at this point.

YAALREADYKNO
01-30-2017, 02:19 PM
But but but Lebron is supposed to be this all great teammate who never does anything wrong like Jordan Kobe etc

MarkieMark48
01-30-2017, 02:25 PM

I hate comparing active players to non-active players, however I would agree with you.... but Im saying its at the very least debatable, certainly not obvious that Kobe is better

valade16
01-30-2017, 02:27 PM

To be fair, the person most entitled to have an "I'm better than everyone" attitude is the guy who is literally better than everyone lol.

I mean, you're saying LeBron is bad for thinking he's the best basketball player on the planet while being the best basketball player on the planet.

Hawkeye15
01-30-2017, 02:36 PM
I hate comparing active players to non-active players, however I would agree with you.... but Im saying its at the very least debatable, certainly not obvious that Kobe is better

it's not like Kobe is Wilt, his career spanned over most of LeBron's.

It's no longer debateable who the greater player is. Hasn't been really for a while, but the argument is over now. LeBron has sailed by Kobe.

valade16
01-30-2017, 02:49 PM

It's no longer debateable who the greater player is. Hasn't been really for a while, but the argument is over now. LeBron has sailed by Kobe.

lol, exactly. Kobe retired last year. His last game was less than a year ago. LeBron was greater than Kobe even while Kobe was still in the league.

Vee-Rex
01-30-2017, 03:04 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c7/9b/3d/c79b3d5d26f82ed7e59627c3bba82691.jpg

MarkieMark48
01-30-2017, 03:11 PM

Im not disagreeing with you, I just dont like seeing a players end of career numbers and compare them to a guy that's still playing

to each their own :cheers:

Miltstar
01-30-2017, 03:14 PM
Seriously?

You can run the stats all you want but if I have to choose between prime Bron and prime Kobe to lead my team on a championship run i'd pick Kobe 10/10 times. Kobe personally held his teammates accountable where as Bron just rats them out to the media. I have respect for Brons talents but it is impossible for me to respect him as a man or even person. And when the league hands him a ring just to give him some credibility it makes me lose even more respect for him. It's similar to playing cards with someone who is looking to cheat at every given opportunity, eventually you just wish they would stop playing and the game could be fair again.

valade16
01-30-2017, 03:19 PM
You can run the stats all you want but if I have to choose between prime Bron and prime Kobe to lead my team on a championship run i'd pick Kobe 10/10 times. Kobe personally held his teammates accountable where as Bron just rats them out to the media. I have respect for Brons talents but it is impossible for me to respect him as a man or even person. And when the league hands him a ring just to give him some credibility it makes me lose even more respect for him. It's similar to playing cards with someone who is looking to cheat at every given opportunity, eventually you just wish they would stop playing and the game could be fair again.

When did that happen? Also, it's a little ironic talking about the league handing LeBron a ring considering the 2002 WCF are considered the biggest incident of the league favoring one team to win in NBA history.

Vee-Rex
01-30-2017, 04:34 PM
https://twitter.com/CavsNationNet/status/825831226900611072

^^^LeBron making fun of Liggins. More ammo for whichever party wants it - thank me later

IKnowHoops
01-30-2017, 04:58 PM
He is no more than a top 15 player and a Top 3 whiner

This will be pretty funny at the end of his career. He will be #1 scorer in playoff and reg season history. He will be top 5 in ever other stat that matters. Statistically he will be the most superior player ever by a long shot. But he won't be top 15...go back and do your math over.

IKnowHoops
01-30-2017, 05:04 PM

^^^LeBron making fun of Liggins. More ammo for whichever party wants it - thank me later

Lolol...that was funny as ----

cmellofan15
01-30-2017, 10:57 PM

dude is a piece of ****. i'd be surprised if he didn't say anything in the media two weeks from now. should've just kicked him in the nuts like a man.

Sssmush
01-31-2017, 02:42 AM

Lebron is a stats machine and very versatile and monstrously sthletic.

Kobe however was (pre-achilles) a vastly better and more skilled offensive player who oh yeah won five titles with iron willed determination and vompetitive fire.

Kobe 5-2 in Finals versus what should really be 2-5

I mean you can for sure say Lebron is "better" all things included, but Kobe's offensive peaks were much higher.

Sssmush
01-31-2017, 02:50 AM
And when the league hands him a ring just to give him some credibility it makes me lose even more respect for him.

This is exactly right.

Jeez I mean last year sports media people werent even pretending to be secret. They were just openly wishing for Lebron to get "another title to cement his legacy" i.e. not go down as Mr Second Place of all time, and for Cleveland to "finally get the championship it deserves after all this time like we all wish for."

What a joke. Pretty obvious that Nike *errrrrrrr* the NBA wanted that too.

MarkieMark48
01-31-2017, 09:45 AM
Lebron is a stats machine and very versatile and monstrously sthletic.

Kobe however was (pre-achilles) a vastly better and more skilled offensive player who oh yeah won five titles with iron willed determination and vompetitive fire.

Kobe 5-2 in Finals versus what should really be 2-5

I mean you can for sure say Lebron is "better" all things included, but Kobe's offensive peaks were much higher.

By that theory Kobe should be 4-2. Kings got screwed G6 2002 WCF, we all know it.

Giannis94
01-31-2017, 10:35 AM
By that theory Kobe should be 4-2. Kings got screwed G6 2002 WCF, we all know it.

Bucks got screwed the entire ECF when they should of been playing the Lakers. Thanks Donaghy and NBA.

Chronz
01-31-2017, 03:53 PM
I love how losing sooner looks better than Losing in the finals by those dumb barometers

ManRam
01-31-2017, 04:58 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18591231/angry-lebron-sounding-off

Why is LeBron James in such a bad mood?

His frustrations -- at least some of them -- about the Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks president Phil Jackson and even years-old bad blood with TNT analyst Charles Barkley have come pouring out. It's out of character for him to speak so aggressively on the record.

Why?

"Unintended consequences."

That's what NBA commissioner Adam Silver said last year during a frigid All-Star Weekend in Toronto, assessing the changes coming to the NBA with the huge injection of new television money. The league's collective bargaining agreement couldn't handle it, and scar tissue remaining from the 2011 lockout made the players' association uninterested in bailing out the suddenly antiquated document.

Bottom line: Kevin Durant is now on the Golden State Warriors.

That is a league and maybe history-changing consequence, the cap spike allowing a 73-win team with three All-Stars to add an MVP. After the wrecking ball hit the Oklahoma City Thunder, perhaps no one else was more affected than James and the Cavs.

In the wake of his and the Cavs' incredible accomplishment in June -- perhaps the finest three consecutive games of his career, resulting in the team's NBA Finals comeback -- James was euphoric. Sitting on the mountaintop overlooking more than a million people jamming into a few square blocks in downtown Cleveland, his horizon had changed.

When he wrote his career-defining letter about coming back to the Cavs in 2014, James put it simply: "What's most important for me is bringing one trophy back to Northeast Ohio."

He'd done it. In reasonably short order. And he didn't want to stop.

Over the summer, James began talking about the biggest dream, the one that was so outrageous that he'd put it away for years. He dared to start talking about chasing Michael Jordan.

"My motivation is this ghost I'm chasing. The ghost played in Chicago," James told a young high school star at his annual Nike camp in July in Los Angeles, fully aware journalist Lee Jenkins was sitting there watching and taking notes. That quote ended up on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

A few weeks later, he made it crystal clear in an interview with Rachel Nichols, fully knowing this clip was going to be all over ESPN for days: "I'm chasing that greatness. That's how great that ghost was. It's the same as anybody setting out goals and trying to reach them. That's just my personal goal."

Of course, James knew Durant had joined the Warriors. Of course, he knew chasing Jordan would mean more championships, not just "one for the Land." Of course, that had gotten so much tougher in the short run with the Warriors loading up in the wake of their Finals defeat.

But James was undeterred. Maybe it was the high from the title. Maybe it was that he had flat-out dominated Durant personally in his career -- he was 17-4 in head-to-head matchups coming into the season. Maybe it was arrogance.

Now, though, the smoke has cleared. James is stone-cold sober about how challenging his mission is for this season. The Warriors (41-7) are awesome. Their firepower is incredible. They've only gotten stronger as the season has gone on.

There are other things that nag at James.

He campaigned for Hillary Clinton, trying to help her secure Ohio, where he is one of the most popular citizens in the history of the state. It did not work.

James' signature Nike shoe hasn't created as much buzz with collectors recently.

Then there's his team. The Cavs (32-15) are in first place, but they are injured and thin. Kevin Love is sidelined for the fourth time in the past two months. J.R. Smith has been out for six weeks and isn't anywhere close to returning from a broken thumb.

The Cavs are a big man and a point guard short, and James, 32, has to play both positions to make up for it. As a result, he's leading the league in minutes per game. James was irked about the deficiencies on the roster before the injuries, and it has only gotten worse. The fact that the Cavs have left a roster spot open for nearly a month puzzles him to no end.

Before he went on his rant to ESPN's Dave McMenamin on Monday night, James played parts of the game as backup point guard and parts as backup center. Meanwhile, he watched as a point guard the Dallas Mavericks signed out of the D-League, Yogi Ferrell, put up 19 points to help his team win.

The Cavs went 7-8 in January. The Warriors are 12-2.

One of the lowest points of James' career was in 2014, when he and the Miami Heat were beaten 4-1 in the Finals by the San Antonio Spurs.

There were a number of reasons it happened. The motivated Spurs played expertly. But the Heat were tired, they were injured (Dwyane Wade missed 28 games that season) and they were thin after they cut Mike Miller for financial reasons and made a midseason trade in which they used a first-round pick to clear off salary.

James doesn't want to be there again. As he evaluates things now, it's clear he doesn't like the trend of this season.

Twice in the past two weeks he has mentioned how the Warriors improved themselves by adding Durant in reference to where the Cavs are. It's now at the front of his mind, and it isn't going away. The Warriors are boldly the best team right now.

Jackson and Barkley happened to have come into James' vision recently with negative comments about him. It was bad timing on their behalf because James is surly, and he's itching for a fight. Anyone else who wants to step up right now ought to be aware. That includes owner Dan Gilbert, too, though to this point, James has been more indirect with those comments. To this point.

"It's so hard to take the high road," James said in June after Klay Thompson took a shot at him during the Finals. "I've been doing it for 13 years. It's so hard to continue to do it."

James is off the high road now. Call it an unintended consequence.

FlashBolt
01-31-2017, 05:04 PM
There's been a recent amount of trolls lately in PSD. Seems like mods need to get back to banning some people. Giannis94 is setting a terrible example for Giannis fans. You're going to make it impossible to like the guy with how you troll. And then we have some clear LeBron-haters who are STILL trying to argue Kobe>LeBron. Is this even a debate? LeBron is closer to MJ than Kobe is to LeBron. That much has been settled already. Kobe was a great player who offensively, had talent that was unmatched by many. But at the end of the day, he was an inefficient ballhogger who rode Shaq's back to three rings and then proceeded to threaten a trade until Pau Gasol was given to him. You guys have a short-term memory. LeBron is on GOAT status while Kobe is not.

Miltstar
01-31-2017, 05:53 PM
There's been a recent amount of trolls lately in PSD. Seems like mods need to get back to banning some people. Giannis94 is setting a terrible example for Giannis fans. You're going to make it impossible to like the guy with how you troll. And then we have some clear LeBron-haters who are STILL trying to argue Kobe>LeBron. Is this even a debate? LeBron is closer to MJ than Kobe is to LeBron. That much has been settled already. Kobe was a great player who offensively, had talent that was unmatched by many. But at the end of the day, he was an inefficient ballhogger who rode Shaq's back to three rings and then proceeded to threaten a trade until Pau Gasol was given to him. You guys have a short-term memory. LeBron is on GOAT status while Kobe is not.

Ya man, might as well ban everyone who's not on Lebron's jock LMAO

Chronz
01-31-2017, 07:02 PM

God no, let them have a safe haven here man. Why do you want nobody to oppose?

Jamiecballer
02-01-2017, 02:02 AM
Yeah man, how very LeBron of you.

Sssmush
02-05-2017, 06:37 AM

The Kings, LoL. Conspiracy theory was the height of their franchise. And I seem to remember that tge refs gave Sacramento one or two of the earlier games, so maybe they were balancing it. Also Vlade was a ridiculous flopper and the whor team was. And whiney. Also Shaq got fouled every play, everybody knows that. If Shaq wasnt fouled every play he never loses.

So oh yeah. Kings lost that series. Scoreboard.

Vinylman
02-06-2017, 08:27 AM

oh the irony

MarkieMark48
02-06-2017, 09:09 AM
The Kings, LoL. Conspiracy theory was the height of their franchise. And I seem to remember that tge refs gave Sacramento one or two of the earlier games, so maybe they were balancing it. Also Vlade was a ridiculous flopper and the whor team was. And whiney. Also Shaq got fouled every play, everybody knows that. If Shaq wasnt fouled every play he never loses.

So oh yeah. Kings lost that series. Scoreboard.

Obviously the kings lost that series, I'm not disputing that. While you "seem to remember" another game, game 6 has been one of the most controversial games in sports history. (also in game 4, the famous Robery Horry shot, there was a 3-pointer hit by Samaki Walker at the halftime buzzer that shouldn't have counted as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cILE1Jk638 5:10, who knows how that effects the rest of the game, but its 3 points the Lakers shouldn't have had)

"Referees A, F and G were officiating a playoff series between Teams 5 and 6 in May of 2002. It was the sixth game of a seven-game series, and a Team 5 victory that night would have ended the series. However, Tim learned from Referee A that Referees A and F wanted to extend the series to seven games. Tim knew referees A and F to be 'company men,' always acting in the interest of the NBA, and that night, it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series. Referees A and F heavily favored Team 6. Personal fouls [resulting in obviously injured players] were ignored even when they occurred in full view of the referees. Conversely, the referees called made-up fouls on Team 5 in order to give additional free throw opportunities for Team 6. Their foul-calling also led to the ejection of two Team 5 players. The referees' favoring of Team 6 led to that team's victory that night, and Team 6 came back from behind to win that series."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

:cheers:

zn23
02-07-2017, 10:15 PM
At the very least, LeBron is top 5 all time. Where you have him ranked in the top 5 is up for debate, but I don't think that's disputable anymore that he's definitely top 5. He wins a couple more rings, then he might well challenge Michael.

ewing
02-08-2017, 12:40 AM

What a dick