01-26-2017, 08:36 PM
My list of notable omissions:
Lillard, MCollum, Gobert, Drummond, Embiid

Stunner
01-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Milsap , George, Kemba ... meh

warfelg
01-26-2017, 08:41 PM
West has 4 centers/7 footers (Cousins, Jordan, Gasol, Davis).

East has one guy over 6'9" (Giannis).

I expect a blowout win for the west.

Giannis94
01-26-2017, 08:43 PM

Guys will avoid contact due to fear of iniury and just shoot 3s. Or drive to the rim for layup fests lile in the past.

You're probsbly right on this, although I wouldn't under-estimate Giannisis ability to lock down all 4 centers for 48 minutes if this game meant a damn

tredigs
01-26-2017, 08:45 PM
Would've liked to see Embiid, but with him already missing nearly a third of their actual games and only averaging 25 mpg, it's probably not fair to include him. I would've liked to see Gobert over Deandre, but they're pretty close and he has the precedent so no surprise there.

For the record, All-Star reserves are voted on by the coaches of their respective conference, and you can't vote for your own players.

tredigs
01-26-2017, 08:46 PM

In the 48 minute 3 point contest? Why?

zn23
01-26-2017, 08:47 PM
Notable omission from the West was obviously Jokic. Jokic plays at a level that DeAndre Jordan could only dream of. Players like DeAndre, who basically just catch lobs, have no business on All-star teams. You can't build around him, he just plays pretty good help defense and catches lobs. It's a mockery of the sport that someone like him who is so very limited offensively makes an all-star game.

I want to give a large portion of the blame to Mike Malone for basically keeping Jokic on the bench until December.

Notable omissions from the East:

I think they pretty much nailed it although I think Paul George is the most overrated player in the league right now. But you have to ask yourself who else could make it over him? Whiteside had a better year but the Heat have struggled. Brook Lopez had a better year but his team is in shambles.

So other than Jokic not making it, I have to agree with it.

Alayla
01-26-2017, 08:48 PM
Why not Embiid or Drummond over Milsap he perplexingly went from underrated to overrated in the span of a couple seasons xDD

tredigs
01-26-2017, 08:48 PM

Blazers have been so underwhelming that I'm not too surprised they got the snub. Drummond HELL no, I liked him better as a rookie. I don't know what is up with him. Embiid/Gobert I touched on.

Clint Olbrock
01-26-2017, 08:49 PM
Glad to see Love there, about time.

5ass
01-26-2017, 08:53 PM
Blazers have been so underwhelming that I'm not too surprised they got the snub. Drummond HELL no, I liked him better as a rookie. I don't know what is up with him. Embiid/Gobert I touched on.

Exactly. I can get behind Embiid even though he played limited games/minutes because he's so good. I can't get behind Drummond. He gets minutes, he's just not nearly as good as any of the players who made the all star team.

5ass
01-26-2017, 08:54 PM
I'm going to mention Beal.

IndyRealist
01-26-2017, 08:56 PM
Notable omission from the West was obviously Jokic. Jokic plays at a level that DeAndre Jordan could only dream of. Players like DeAndre, who basically just catch lobs, have no business on All-star teams. You can't build around him, he just plays pretty good help defense and catches lobs. It's a mockery of the sport that someone like him who is so very limited offensively makes an all-star game.

I want to give a large portion of the blame to Mike Malone for basically keeping Jokic on the bench until December.

I think they pretty much nailed it although I think Paul George is the most overrated player in the league right now. But you have to ask yourself who else could make it over him? Whiteside had a better year but the Heat have struggled. Brook Lopez had a better year but his team is in shambles.

I agree Jokic should be there, but the bolded is a silly statement. They have completely different skill sets. Jokic will never sniff Jordan's jockstrap on defense. A 7ft rim protector who can also defend the pick n' roll AND rebound is not easy to find. There are maybe 3 or 4 currently, and they all have max contracts or will after their rookie deal.

bootsy
01-26-2017, 08:58 PM
Millsap:facepalm: Make it stop already. It's like they can't find anyone else and this is the default go to guy. This guy is a 4 time All Star for absolutely no reason at all.

warfelg
01-26-2017, 08:58 PM
Glad to see Love there, about time.

It's his 4th trip...

warfelg
01-26-2017, 08:59 PM

valade16
01-26-2017, 08:59 PM
Damian Lillard in terms of talent and impact should have made it but the Blazers are underachieving so I see why he wasn't on it.

Heediot
01-26-2017, 09:02 PM

As big of Jokic nut hugger as I am, I am cool that he didn't make it. You can't just make the squad as a reserve playing all star ball in 1/2 of the 1st half of the season. There have been cases in the past where guys have made the all star team in fewer significant playing time, but that was when fans got to vote the players as starters.

5ass
01-26-2017, 09:03 PM
Millsap:facepalm: Make it stop already. It's like they can't find anyone else and this is the default go to guy. This guy is a 4 time All Star for absolutely no reason at all.

He's the best player on one of the best teams in the east.

tredigs
01-26-2017, 09:08 PM

He's a very, very good player. Brings it on both sides of the ball and has clearly been the best player on an HCA team. What big deserves it over him?

Heediot
01-26-2017, 09:08 PM
I agree Jokic should be there, but the bolded is a silly statement. They have completely different skill sets. Jokic will never sniff Jordan's jockstrap on defense. A 7ft rim protector who can also defend the pick n' roll AND rebound is not easy to find. There are maybe 3 or 4 currently, and they all have max contracts or will after their rookie deal.

Speaking of 7 foot rim protectors, I'd take Gobert over DJ any day of the week. He should of made it over DJ.

bootsy
01-26-2017, 09:13 PM
He's the best player on one of the best teams in the east.

He's a very, very good player. Brings it on both sides of the ball and has clearly been the best player on an HCA team. What big deserves it over him?
LOL at one of the best teams on the East. They are 8 games above .500. That's not saying much and you could argue that Schroeder or Howard is the best player on that team. Millsap is such a boring choice. Embiid has better numbers in few minutes of playing time. There are plenty of worthy players that bring it on both sides of the ball that are better than Millsap.

Heediot
01-26-2017, 09:16 PM
I'm not too worried about Embiid, Jokic or KAT not making it, they will be regulars in a few years.

dhopisthename
01-26-2017, 09:23 PM
Would've liked to see Embiid, but with him already missing nearly a third of their actual games and only averaging 25 mpg, it's probably not fair to include him. I would've liked to see Gobert over Deandre, but they're pretty close and he has the precedent so no surprise there.

For the record, All-Star reserves are voted on by the coaches of their respective conference, and you can't vote for your own players.

its either giving the clippers an all star, lazy voters, or LA bias as to why you would vote Jordan over Gobert this year. Gobert has been simply much better. As a Jazz fan its nice to see hayward, but honestly Gobert has been a better player for us this year by quite a bit.

tredigs
01-26-2017, 09:32 PM
LOL at one of the best teams on the East. They are 8 games above .500. That's not saying much and you could argue that Schroeder or Howard is the best player on that team. Millsap is such a boring choice. Embiid has better numbers in few minutes of playing time. There are plenty of worthy players that bring it on both sides of the ball that are better than Millsap.

Nothing too laughable about 27-19 and being 4 back from 1st place. As far as the Hawks best, you could maybe make an argument for Schroeder offensively or Howard defensively, but Milsap is clearly their best player overall. He's actually top 10 in the NBA in RPM to boot. Ask the Hawk fans here (if there are any), and I guarantee the majority will say Millsap is their best player. Embiid? Yeah, can't really get behind it with him at ~700 minutes and missing 1/3 of their games to Millsap's 1400 minutes. I'd rather have Millsap than Love personally.

Clint Olbrock
01-26-2017, 09:33 PM
It's his 4th trip...

1st as a Cav...

IndyRealist
01-26-2017, 09:51 PM
Speaking of 7 foot rim protectors, I'd take Gobert over DJ any day of the week. He should of made it over DJ.

+100. Gobert suffers from playing in Utah. No one watches them even though they're leading their division.

warfelg
01-26-2017, 09:53 PM
+100. Gobert suffers from playing in Utah. No one watches them even though they're leading their division.

His teammate made it :shrug:

IndyRealist
01-26-2017, 09:59 PM
His teammate made it :shrug:

And Hayward suffered from it as well. Gordon Hayward is playing much better than Paul George this year, for instance.

tp13baby
01-26-2017, 10:03 PM
its either giving the clippers an all star, lazy voters, or LA bias as to why you would vote Jordan over Gobert this year. Gobert has been simply much better. As a Jazz fan its nice to see hayward, but honestly Gobert has been a better player for us this year by quite a bit.

Yeah Gobert is just the better player and deserved. It is unfortunate to see Gobert not get in and DeAndre does.

mrblisterdundee
01-26-2017, 10:28 PM

I'd consider Gobert a snub, and Embiid a crime. They're the two best rim protectors in the NBA better than Jordan or Gasol. Embiid's the second coming of Hakeem with an outside shot.
You could argue for Drummond, but his numbers are a bit emptier. Lillard and McCollum are both one-way players, neither as good as Curry offensively or Thompson defensively.

mrblisterdundee
01-26-2017, 10:32 PM

He's ****ing genius.

tredigs
01-26-2017, 10:38 PM
I'd consider Gobert a snub, and Embiid a crime. They're the two best rim protectors in the NBA better than Jordan or Gasol. Embiid's the second coming of Hakeem with an outside shot.
You could argue for Drummond, but his numbers are a bit emptier. Lillard and McCollum are both one-way players, neither as good as Curry offensively or Thompson defensively.

Embiid just hasn't played enough. At a certain point that has to matter. Would you be OK with him as a starter if he played just half the games at 20 minutes a game? For some context, he has less than 1/3rd the win-shares of the guy with the 10th most win shares in the league (Deandre Jordan).

I'm a big Embiid supporter but he's gotta be on the court to be an All Star.

warfelg
01-26-2017, 10:45 PM
Embiid just hasn't played enough. At a certain point that has to matter. Would you be OK with him as a starter if he played just half the games at 20 minutes a game? For some context, he has less than 1/3rd the win-shares of the guy with the 10th most win shares in the league (Deandre Jordan).

I'm a big Embiid supporter but he's gotta be on the court to be an All Star.

How about this:
With Embiid the Sixers would be on pace to be a 53 win team.

Without Embiid the Sixers would be on pace to be a 11 win team.

tredigs
01-26-2017, 10:50 PM
How about this:

Sounds to me like they could sure use that guy on the court for this theoretical win total? Unfortunately in reality he hasn't been there so much.

Edit: Btw where did you see this stat and where can we find it for other players?

Jamiecballer
01-26-2017, 10:50 PM
How about this:

Exsqueeze me?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

warfelg
01-26-2017, 11:23 PM
Sounds to me like they could sure use that guy on the court for this theoretical win total? Unfortunately in reality he hasn't been there so much.

Edit: Btw where did you see this stat and where can we find it for other players?

Derek "Godner" Bodner on twitter found it. He only did the math for Embiid.

warfelg
01-26-2017, 11:26 PM
Exsqueeze me?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I'll confirm but I think that's with the minute restriction. That just proves how huge he is to our play.

How about this one for funny:
Who are the top 3 in rim protection stats?

tredigs
01-26-2017, 11:37 PM

Seeing that he's a 76ers writer, can't find the tweet but I'd be curious to see the numbers he chose and if he appropriately compared his minutes to say Draymond Green when he's on the court versus off. Obviously most teams will have a better projected record than their posted record when their best player is on the court. In his case it also bears mentioning that he's healthy and rested every time he steps on the court. Not a luxury other players he's going against often have.

BTW I just checked out his twitter and he said he'd have voted for Millsap over Embiid (also agreed with me that Millsap > Love), and had the same reasons as I had concerning the games/minutes played. Seems like a good objective writer.

5ass
01-26-2017, 11:46 PM
Seeing that he's a 76ers writer, can't find the tweet but I'd be curious to see the numbers he chose and if he appropriately compared his minutes to say Draymond Green when he's on the court versus off. Obviously most teams will have a better projected record than their posted record when their best player is on the court. In his case it also bears mentioning that he's healthy and rested every time he steps on the court. Not a luxury other players he's going against often have.

BTW I just checked out his twitter and he said he'd have voted for Millsap over Embiid (also agreed with me that Millsap > Love), and had the same reasons as I had concerning the games/minutes played. Seems like a good objective writer.
Wouldn't he just use ORTG AND DRTG with embiid on and off the court? Then just use those numbers to project what their records would be like? That's how I'd go about it...

warfelg
01-26-2017, 11:53 PM
Wouldn't he just use ORTG AND DRTG with embiid on and off the court? Then just use those numbers to project what their records would be like? That's how I'd go about it...

Pretty much what he did. He did on/off along with just team performances and there that works with team records.

tredigs
01-27-2017, 12:01 AM

I don't know. But if so, they have a 104.9 Offensive rating with him on the court, and they hold teams to a 101.4 Offensive rating (difference of +3.5...). The Defensive rating would certainly be elite, but the offensive rating is horrible and would still be bottom 5 in the NBA. Not sure how that would correlate to 53 wins. For comparison, the Warriors have a 118.8 Offensive rating with Draymond on the court and hold opposing Offenses to a 102.7 Offensive rating with him on the court. Using the same analysis, I'm guessing the Warriors are roughly an 81 win team with Draymond on the court? Gobert's is +7 at 109.8 and 102.8. So... 65 win team with him on? I don't know, you tell me.

tredigs
01-27-2017, 12:22 AM
I'm checking right now and based on the #'s it looks like with Jokic on the court the Nuggets have the best offense in NBA history and would project as a roughly 68 win team.

zn23
01-27-2017, 12:29 AM
If anyone watched Jokic play tonight, you'd realize what a special talent he is. Unfortunately he also got hurt.

I'll concede, I might have watched like 2 games from the Nuggets last year he wasn't on my rader. This year I've been watching every one of their games since Jokic got inserted into the starting lineup in December. He's just a special player. Special players belong in the all-star game. Not guys who just catch lobs and play good pick and roll defense.

IndyRealist
01-27-2017, 12:58 AM
nevermind, I see where he got the numbers from.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-27-2017, 01:17 AM
Deandre has no business being an all-star.

DanG
01-27-2017, 02:12 AM
Paul George being rewarded for a ****** season, DeAndre lmfao I don't think a player who has pretty much no skills deserves to be an all-star

goingfor28
01-27-2017, 02:16 AM
Paul George being rewarded for a ****** season, DeAndre lmfao I don't think a player who has pretty much no skills deserves to be an all-star
Leading rebounder. Shot blocker. Very good help defender. Makes guys shy away from driving and alters tons of shots. He probably shouldn't have made it but to say he has no skill is ridiculous.

More-Than-Most
01-27-2017, 02:43 AM
I get the Embiid argument for games missed and MP but not only i he amazing offensively he is probably the best Rim Protector in all of basketball and he guards damn near every position... yet other 1 way players who have more MP get the nod? Eh

Quinnsanity
01-27-2017, 08:45 AM
DeAndre making it over Gobert is ludicrous. I guarantee you Doc was calling around the conference pumping him up. It's stupid.

warfelg
01-27-2017, 09:22 AM
DeAndre making it over Gobert is ludicrous. I guarantee you Doc was calling around the conference pumping him up. It's stupid.

What about the GM's that made mix tapes of their players to send it around to all the coaches.

It was done for Milsap, Kemba, Conley, Gasol, and one other I can't remember at the moment. I'll continue to argue this player vote this year ruined the all-star game.

TheDish87
01-27-2017, 09:27 AM

cant have 2 from Utah and none from LAC...

Scoots
01-27-2017, 09:48 AM

And KD

Scoots
01-27-2017, 09:49 AM
guys will avoid contact due to fear of iniury and just shoot 3s. Or drive to the rim for layup fests lile in the past.

You're probsbly right on this, although i wouldn't under-estimate giannisis ability to lock down all 4 centers for 48 minutes if this game meant a damn

lol

Scoots
01-27-2017, 09:52 AM

Jokic's defense is comparable if not worse than DeAndre's offense.

warfelg
01-27-2017, 09:52 AM
And KD

He's 6'12" ;)

Heediot
01-27-2017, 10:05 AM

Still if you take away DJ, the Clips may still be a 50 win team. If you take away Jokic, Denver challenges for the top pick in the draft. If you switch Jokic to LAC, I think they are just as good. If you put DJ on Denver they are worse.

Scoots
01-27-2017, 11:52 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&hint=Rudy+Gobert&player_id1_select=Rudy+Gobert&player_id1=goberru01&y1=2017&hint=DeAndre+Jordan&player_id4_select=DeAndre+Jordan&y4=2017&player_id4=jordade01

Gobert is better in some ways, but their numbers are shockingly similar, so being the only Clipper and history gets Jordan in.

Scoots
01-27-2017, 12:00 PM
Still if you take away DJ, the Clips may still be a 50 win team. If you take away Jokic, Denver challenges for the top pick in the draft. If you switch Jokic to LAC, I think they are just as good. If you put DJ on Denver they are worse.

I've been up on Jokic from the start ... but his defense would wildly change the way the Clippers have to play.

I'm really disappointed in how the rest of the Nuggets have been playing. They, like the Blazers and Wolves have been playing way below their talent.

dhopisthename
01-27-2017, 03:39 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&hint=Rudy+Gobert&player_id1_select=Rudy+Gobert&player_id1=goberru01&y1=2017&hint=DeAndre+Jordan&player_id4_select=DeAndre+Jordan&y4=2017&player_id4=jordade01

Gobert is better in some ways, but their numbers are shockingly similar, so being the only Clipper and history gets Jordan in.

Jordan has him on rebounds, but Gobert has him on efficiency and defense. I get that giving two all stars to the Jazz is weird and I wouldn't be mad if it was Lillard, but its Jordan and Gobert has just been better then him this year. Its incredible that Paul wasn't voted in and the commish pick an alternate for him.

Chronz
01-27-2017, 06:27 PM
Damian Lillard in terms of talent and impact should have made it but the Blazers are underachieving so I see why he wasn't on it.

Nah man. Klay is easily the least productive and impact player. Lillard deserves it. Cp3 has also done more in his limited time than the likes of Klay.

valade16
01-27-2017, 06:30 PM
Nah man. Klay is easily the least productive and impact player. Lillard deserves it. Cp3 has also done more in his limited time than the likes of Klay.

True, as a Blazers fan CP3 deserves it over both Lillard and Klay.

Chronz
01-27-2017, 06:36 PM

Dj is an efficient rim runner who opens up shots for our offense. I actually think hes been historically underrated offensively and massively overrated defensively. Not sure anyone would call jokic an efficient 2 way player so i don't see the comparison

kdspurman
01-27-2017, 06:37 PM

Yea i would've had CP3 on there personally, & Dame as the injury filler for him.

Chronz
01-27-2017, 06:39 PM
Jordan has him on rebounds, but Gobert has him on efficiency and defense. I get that giving two all stars to the Jazz is weird and I wouldn't be mad if it was Lillard, but its Jordan and Gobert has just been better then him this year. Its incredible that Paul wasn't voted in and the commish pick an alternate for him.
That would've been best.

Vote cp3 over klay
Vote gobert over dj or hayward. Let the Commish determine the replacement. Maybe Lillard

mrblisterdundee
01-27-2017, 08:16 PM

I'm guessing he looked at a site like Basketball-Reference.com, identified the games Embiid did and didn't play through his game logs, compared the records and projected out to an 82-game season. And it seems like the 76ers haven't had too many injuries this seas0n besides Noel coming back late, making it a clearer comparison.

tp13baby
01-27-2017, 08:29 PM
I've been up on Jokic from the start ... but his defense would wildly change the way the Clippers have to play.

I'm really disappointed in how the rest of the Nuggets have been playing. They, like the Blazers and Wolves have been playing way below their talent.

It's really been Harris and Jokic that consistently show and do their job every nights.

We are a bottom feeder with DJ. Nothing against him.

If anyone watched Jokic play tonight, you'd realize what a special talent he is. Unfortunately he also got hurt.

I'll concede, I might have watched like 2 games from the Nuggets last year he wasn't on my rader. This year I've been watching every one of their games since Jokic got inserted into the starting lineup in December. He's just a special player. Special players belong in the all-star game. Not guys who just catch lobs and play good pick and roll defense.

He is only day to day thank god.

tredigs
01-27-2017, 08:50 PM
That would've been best.

Vote cp3 over klay
Vote gobert over dj or hayward. Let the Commish determine the replacement. Maybe Lillard

Told ya Klay would make the team ; )

Agreed though, Gobert over DJ and CP3 over Klay. Pretty sure the AS coaching staff chooses the replacement though, and seeing as it's Kerr I'm sure he'd go Klay (to avoid the ensuing drama if he didn't). Personally I'd go Conley.

warfelg
01-27-2017, 09:05 PM

Agreed though, Gobert over DJ and CP3 over Klay. Pretty sure the AS coaching staff chooses the replacement though, and seeing as it's Kerr I'm sure he'd go Klay (to avoid the ensuing drama if he didn't). Personally I'd go Conley.

Commish picks replacement IIRC.

tredigs
01-27-2017, 09:08 PM
Commish picks replacement IIRC.

Sounds more fair to me. Probably true actually.

More-Than-Most
01-27-2017, 11:48 PM
32 points 7 rebounds 4 assists 3 steals 2 blocks in 28 minutes.... Such a shame he isnt on the team because he does what everyone else does in less time played : )

warfelg
01-28-2017, 09:53 AM

Giannis94
01-28-2017, 10:10 AM

Oden Jr works part-time. Millsap and the other guys that made it are full-time players. There's a difference.

warfelg
01-28-2017, 10:27 AM
Oden Jr works part-time. Millsap and the other guys that made it are full-time players. There's a difference.

Yet he's outperforming Milsap.

JasonJohnHorn
01-28-2017, 02:01 PM

Limited offense? Will we then complain about limited defensive players making it to? Steve Nash? Melo?

DaJ is an elite player when it comes to rebounding, like Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace. Both of them made it on the team and deserved so, DaJ deserves sport too... though he isn't quite in the class of Wallace or Rodman.

JasonJohnHorn
01-28-2017, 02:03 PM
The East added four PGs? Really?

Giannis94
01-28-2017, 03:44 PM

Brugh its called small ball. The Warriors have done small ball, so taking it to the extrene has to yield more success.

warfelg
01-28-2017, 03:53 PM

4 PG's, 1 SG, 4 SF's, 2 PF's

Meanwhile the west:
2 PG's, 2 SG's, 3 SF's, 3 PF's, 2 C's

The west team was voted correctly IMO.

bootsy
01-29-2017, 03:18 AM

Really? This is incredibly lame and lazy as ****. When you find where Oden put up numbers, performances like Embiid has then let us know. Otherwise shut up.

Chronz
01-29-2017, 01:43 PM
Really? This is incredibly lame and lazy as ****. When you find where Oden put up numbers, performances like Embiid has then let us know. Otherwise shut up.
Greg Oden put up an entire regular season bro

Chronz
01-29-2017, 01:50 PM

That you did. You honestly think he makes it without the cp3 injury or Lillards team failing him?

Conley is a great choice but I'm pretty sure the comish chooses. Unless the CBA changed such affairs

Giannis94
01-29-2017, 02:05 PM

Fun fact: Greg Oden will have played more games in his first NBA season than Oden Jr. did in his first 3 years combined.

Droppng knowledge bombs on these padowans that wanna be like me.

warfelg
01-29-2017, 02:27 PM
Fun fact: Greg Oden will have played more games in his first NBA season than Oden Jr. did in his first 3 years combined.

Droppng knowledge bombs on these padowans that wanna be like me.

Down played 21.5 MPG and only started 39 games his rookie year.

But screw the facts right?

Oden was 9/7/.5/.4/1.1 his rookie year.

Embiid has already started 31 games. Has a stat line of 20.2/7.8/2.1/0.9/2.5

But let's ignore facts to push a narrative right?

TheDish87
01-29-2017, 05:25 PM
why does anyone respond to that bucks fan? he surpassed as MTM as most annoying on here and that says a lottttttt.

More-Than-Most
01-29-2017, 05:35 PM
why does anyone respond to that bucks fan? he surpassed as MTM as most annoying on here and that says a lottttttt.

Yo... I dont come in 2nd to anybody bro... Can let that dream die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKxILa9qK8E

bootsy
01-29-2017, 06:10 PM

Not like Embiid's BRO.

Giannis94
01-29-2017, 07:20 PM
I can just feel the jealousy seething through your keyboard. I get it, and I would be jealous of the Bucks too.

Clint Olbrock
01-29-2017, 07:49 PM
I can just feel the jealousy seething through your keyboard. I get it, and I would be jealous of the Bucks too.

5 games under .500 LOL

Giannis94
01-29-2017, 08:11 PM
5 games under .500 LOL

Give us a competent head coach and we'd be 15 games over. We already have an MVP candidate on our team the way it is. Being completely serious. Not even joking.

Blitzbolt
01-29-2017, 10:35 PM
Last night Marc Gasol owned Gorbert....The kid has talent but it wasn't even close you have to reward the older guys first that's why I agree with the DJ pick.

cmellofan15
01-30-2017, 04:22 PM

Paul Millsap 37pts, 19 rbs, 7 asts last night
Joel Embiid "Not with team" because he was resting

LMAO

cmellofan15
01-30-2017, 04:24 PM
Give us a competent head coach and we'd be 15 games over. We already have an MVP candidate on our team the way it is. Being completely serious. Not even joking.

mvp candidate?? hahahahahahaha there has never been an mvp candidate on a team tied for 10th place in their conference, troll.

TheDish87
01-30-2017, 04:52 PM
Paul Millsap 37pts, 19 rbs, 7 asts last night
Joel Embiid "Not with team" because he was resting

LMAO

i mean the due played 61 mins to get those numbers lol come on now

valade16
01-30-2017, 05:14 PM

That almost makes it worse because it would take Embiid 3 games to play 61 minutes.

warfelg
01-30-2017, 05:35 PM
That almost makes it worse because it would take Embiid 3 games to play 61 minutes.

What makes it worse is those look like Embiids normal stats. Lol

valade16
01-30-2017, 06:44 PM
What makes it worse is those look like Embiids normal stats. Lol

I get the point you're making, yes Embiid certainly does more per possession when on the court. But those aren't exactly Embiid's normal stats, they are literally career highs in every category (pts, rbds, asts).

It's an interesting debate over importance, superior per minute production or the ability to play vastly more minutes. Millsap has a higher VORP which is an accumulative stat while Embiid has a higher BPM which is a box score stat.

dhopisthename
01-30-2017, 07:44 PM
Last night Marc Gasol owned Gorbert....The kid has talent but it wasn't even close you have to reward the older guys first that's why I agree with the DJ pick.

no he didn't. Zach Randolph owned lyles and diaw.

cmellofan15
01-30-2017, 10:36 PM

.....which is one more minute than Embiid has played in Philly's last 6 games combined :laugh2:

TheDish87
01-31-2017, 09:23 AM
you keep trying to makes jokes and passing over that he outproduces most in those limited mins lol

i say this as someone who defended Milsap making the AS game but to try and prop up a stat line for a 60 min game is a joke. Props to him for the mins but come on.