PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Randon to the rescue

STRIKERC
01-26-2017, 08:27 PM
He basically says D.Wade and Butler need to shut up and look in the mirror if they're going to point fingers.

My vets would never go to the media. They would come to the team. My vets didn't pick and choose when they wanted to bring it. They brought it every time they stepped in the gym whether it was practice or a game. They didn't take days off. My vets didn't care about their numbers. My vets played for the team. When we lost, they wouldn't blame us. They took responsibility and got in the gym. They showed the young guys what it meant to work. Even in Boston when we had the best record in the league, if we lost a game, you could hear a pin drop on the bus. They showed us the seriousness of the game. My vets didn't have an influence on the coaching staff. They couldn't change the plan because it didn't work for them. I played under one of the greatest coaches, and he held everyone accountable. It takes 1-15 to win. When you isolate everyone, you can't win consistently. I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a bad teammate. My goal is to pass what I learned along. The young guys work. They show up. They don't deserve blame. If anything is questionable, it's the leadership.

Heediot
01-26-2017, 09:24 PM
I'm sorry but Doc Rivers does not hold everyone accountable. He plays favorites and keeps giving his son the sixth man chucker and old man pierce more minutes than they deserve.

Rondo is a cancer, I would take Ray Charles opinion on my suit before I would take his.

One Nut Kruk
01-26-2017, 09:26 PM
This coming from a guy that just made his 1st free throw since December 6th

lamzoka
01-26-2017, 09:53 PM
Am I the only one who think he's talking about Lebron not Wade and Butler?

Giannis94
01-26-2017, 10:00 PM
Am I the only one who think he's talking about Lebron not Wade and Butler?

Yes.

mrblisterdundee
01-26-2017, 10:08 PM
They really should not have spent that amnesty clause on Carlos Boozer.

eDush
01-27-2017, 12:49 AM
I'm sorry but Doc Rivers does not hold everyone accountable. He plays favorites and keeps giving his son the sixth man chucker and old man pierce more minutes than they deserve.

Rondo is a cancer, I would take Ray Charles opinion on my suit before I would take his.And KG so did voice out publicly against to his teammates especially when he was in Minny. I think Rondo is suffering from memory loss :(

Scoots
01-27-2017, 01:40 AM
Rondo to the Cavs!

HandsOnTheWheel
01-27-2017, 01:48 AM
Every team Rondo is on goes to **** and it's no secret either. It's pretty sad that the Bulls wanted to take a chance on him to begin with.

TheDish87
01-27-2017, 10:23 AM
if there is one thing Rondo is not its to the rescue.

Giannis94
01-27-2017, 10:42 AM
if there is one thing Rondo is not its to the rescue.

I disagree. The Bulls fans I know (I live in WI and constantly listen to their sports talk because ours is trash) have been wanting a true rebuild for years. Additionally, they have been calling for them to blow it up for a while and saw this train-wreck coming.

so in a sense, Rondo is to the rescue because its going to force changes to be made, weather its GarPax, hoiberg, or rebuilding the roster from the ground up. The worst thing that can happen is rondo gets bought out, and life goes on as usual.

KG2TB
01-27-2017, 12:05 PM
I disagree. The Bulls fans I know (I live in WI and constantly listen to their sports talk because ours is trash) have been wanting a true rebuild for years. Additionally, they have been calling for them to blow it up for a while and saw this train-wreck coming.

so in a sense, Rondo is to the rescue because its going to force changes to be made, weather its GarPax, hoiberg, or rebuilding the roster from the ground up. The worst thing that can happen is rondo gets bought out, and life goes on as usual.

Pretty much. As a Bulls fan, I love this. The past 2 years have been horribly managed by the front office. I wasn't against the firing of Thibs, but to replace him with Hoiberg? Just a monumental failure. The guy is not an NBA coach or even close to it. I love the attention it's bringing forth on the complete ineptitude of the front office. It's certainly lighting a fire under them as they hate the slightest bit of negative press or attention. Especially when it highlights just how terrible Gar, Pax, and Reinsdorf are. I'm not sure if it's enough to change anything, but I'm sure it's raising their blood pressure, and that's good enough for me.

Giannis94
01-27-2017, 12:12 PM
Pretty much. As a Bulls fan, I love this. The past 2 years have been horribly managed by the front office. I wasn't against the firing of Thibs, but to replace him with Hoiberg? Just a monumental failure. The guy is not an NBA coach or even close to it. I love the attention it's bringing forth on the complete ineptitude of the front office. It's certainly lighting a fire under them as they hate the slightest bit of negative press or attention. Especially when it highlights just how terrible Gar, Pax, and Reinsdorf are. I'm not sure if it's enough to change anything, but I'm sure it's raising their blood pressure, and that's good enough for me.

I mean if they gave Hoiberg a 3 year deal at like 3 mill thats not terrible. They gave him 5/25. Only 5 coaches were making more than him last year (saw via an outdated article but still).

KG2TB
01-27-2017, 12:31 PM
I mean if they gave Hoiberg a 3 year deal at like 3 mill thats not terrible. They gave him 5/25. Only 5 coaches were making more than him last year (saw via an outdated article but still).

The FO are a complete joke. It's amazing they haven't been fired yet, and despite all the craziness, I'm not even sure if they'll get the axe this off-season. Hoiberg flat out ****ing sucks. He's terrible and doesn't belong in the NBA. To give him 5 years/25 mil......oh my

Giannis94
01-27-2017, 12:47 PM
The FO are a complete joke. It's amazing they haven't been fired yet, and despite all the craziness, I'm not even sure if they'll get the axe this off-season. Hoiberg flat out ****ing sucks. He's terrible and doesn't belong in the NBA. To give him 5 years/25 mil......oh my

I also don't remembe Hoiberg being in demand? I think it was Kerr and Donavan that off-season IIRC. So they go up to him with a blank check.

lolol his salary at Iowa St.: $2.6million WTF

KG2TB
01-27-2017, 12:50 PM
I also don't remembe Hoiberg being in demand? I think it was Kerr and Donavan that off-season IIRC. So they go up to him with a blank check.

lolol his salary at Iowa St.: $2.6million WTF

Kerr was hired the year before Hoiberg if I recall correctly. Definitely not the same year. Donovan did get hired the off-season Hoiberg did though.

Hoiberg has ties to Gar Forman. And if you know anything about Jerry Reinsdorf, he loves to hire his buddies, who then hire their buddies. It's as if toeing the company line is more important than being good at your job.

Giannis94
01-27-2017, 12:52 PM
Kerr was hired the year before Hoiberg if I recall correctly. Definitely not the same year. Donovan did get hired the off-season Hoiberg did though.

Hoiberg has ties to Gar Forman. And if you know anything about Jerry Reinsdorf, he loves to hire his buddies, who then hire their buddies. It's as if toeing the company line is more important than being good at your job.

Its okay. Jkidd has ties to the Bucks ownership so I am not hopeful either. 2 sad situations.

LA4life24/8
01-27-2017, 02:56 PM
Im all for rondo to the cavs, id love to hear lebron *****in about him 5 games in 😅

Shammyguy3
01-27-2017, 05:43 PM
They really should not have spent that amnesty clause on Carlos Boozer.

That has nothing to do with Rondo

Chronz
01-27-2017, 06:01 PM
Pretty sure national tv Rondo has zero credibility when it comes to giving a consistent effort.

Wade n Fade
01-27-2017, 08:13 PM
Rondo seems to be one of the most childish NBA players this generation. He might be amongst the worst teammates a NBA player can have in NBA history?

He pissed off Ray Allen in Boston. Rondo's antics included trying to listen in on a Miami Heat huddle, even if it was meant as a joke. After losing to the Heat in one playoff series, he didn't even shake hands and walked to the locker room. Rick Carlisle couldn't turn Rondo's attitude around. He failed in Sacramento as well. GarPax didn't do their HW. It's simple as that. We could discuss on and on about Rondo's troubled past.

ewing
01-27-2017, 11:59 PM
Pretty sure national tv Rondo has zero credibility when it comes to giving a consistent effort.

Do you remember "TV" Lou Rowe from UMASS?

Shammyguy3
01-28-2017, 01:18 AM
Rondo seems to be one of the most childish NBA players this generation. He might be amongst the worst teammates a NBA player can have in NBA history?

He pissed off Ray Allen in Boston. Rondo's antics included trying to listen in on a Miami Heat huddle, even if it was meant as a joke. After losing to the Heat in one playoff series, he didn't even shake hands and walked to the locker room. Rick Carlisle couldn't turn Rondo's attitude around. He failed in Sacramento as well. GarPax didn't do their HW. It's simple as that. We could discuss on and on about Rondo's troubled past.

Rondo is widely regarded as a good teammate. Other Celtics players had problems with Ray Allen too IIRC - Paul Pierce even said Allen was weird in Boston. Rondo trying to listen to an opposing team's huddle doesn't make him a bad teammate. Him not shaking hands makes him a sore loser, not a bad teammate.

Bulls' younger players love Rondo. Wade and Butler apparently do not

Quinnsanity
01-29-2017, 09:57 AM
The funniest thing about that post is that Ray Allen isn't in it.

Chronz
01-29-2017, 01:45 PM
The funniest thing about that post is that Ray Allen isn't in it.
That's not his vet.

JasonJohnHorn
01-29-2017, 04:53 PM
I'm of two minds when it comes to calling people out in the media.

It's not cool in general, but if you've had conversations with guys, and you've given them a chance, then maybe this is what needs to be done.

That said, though Rondo's comment wasn't accurate (KG has certainly called people out in the media), it is right in spirit, and within the context of the Boston situation, I think it was right (I don't recall those guys pointing a lot of fingers in the media). They didn't like on Ray when he hit that cold streak in the playoffs, and I think the key is those guys busted their @$$e$ off in practice and in the games. They didn't slack off. They worked the defensive end like crazy, they hustled after balls, and in that period, Rondo was a HUGE liability because he couldn't shoot, but they knew he was working hard and his game was his game and they didn't call him out and point fingers at him because they knew he was the best option they had and they needed to work with it.

With Wade not showing up in practice (apparently-and give his age I understand that), it is hard for younger guys to take those comments seriously. And Butler takes plays off. KG, and PP didn't do that, at least when they were together, and KG.... he always worked hard. I think when Boston was losing, there were times when PP took nights off, but that is exhausting, especially for a perimeter player.

The Bulls are losing, and part of it is because Rondo isn't playing very well, but that is partly due to coaching and rotations. Wade and Butler are doing their share, but they shouldn't be pushing the blame on others if they aren't holding down their end entirely.

Rondo was perfectly within his rights to go this route.

bagwell368
01-29-2017, 11:42 PM
Rondo is widely regarded as a good teammate. Other Celtics players had problems with Ray Allen too IIRC - Paul Pierce even said Allen was weird in Boston. Rondo trying to listen to an opposing team's huddle doesn't make him a bad teammate. Him not shaking hands makes him a sore loser, not a bad teammate.

Really? KG and PP deferred because Doc asked them too, they didn't like him at all.

Doc didn't like him. Coach K didn't like him (he quit when he was benched in favor of Westbrook). Tubby Smith didn't like him (quite strong language, but withdrew it after about a year). Ainge and Doc issued many negative comments to the press about Rondo, something they rarely or never did to anyone else, and you could count each on 1 or 2 fingers. Rondo was well over a dozen comments from those two.

Rondo passed up lay ups to jack up his assist numbers. Teammates don't respect that.

Rondo disobeyed Doc in terms of not getting back on D so he could hunt rebounds in search of triple doubles. Teammates do not like that either.

He was late for practices (details at bottom of my post), didn't practices as his Coaches asked. Players don't respect that.

He broke team film equipment, that's just childish - in a team meeting.

He gave more effort for games on TV - esp national TV then regular games. Players and coaches don't care for that either.

He committed idiot fouls that got him tossed out of the next game - in the playoffs. Nobody respects that.

Doc did what he could do with him to get the max value. Play D (before his injury when he was in the mood he was very good - and pass. He couldn't shoot unless it was a layup, but he didn't get that many layups because his foul shooting was so bad. So he had high USG because he could pass.

He's an emotional and even paranoid personality. I hope he gets straight, but I wouldn't pay him a dime to play basketball unless Dr. Phil was going to cover the whole thing.

Shammyguy3
01-30-2017, 02:24 AM
Really? KG and PP deferred because Doc asked them too, they didn't like him at all.

Doc didn't like him. Coach K didn't like him (he quit when he was benched in favor of Westbrook). Tubby Smith didn't like him (quite strong language, but withdrew it after about a year). Ainge and Doc issued many negative comments to the press about Rondo, something they rarely or never did to anyone else, and you could count each on 1 or 2 fingers. Rondo was well over a dozen comments from those two.

Rondo passed up lay ups to jack up his assist numbers. Teammates don't respect that.

Rondo disobeyed Doc in terms of not getting back on D so he could hunt rebounds in search of triple doubles. Teammates do not like that either.

He was late for practices (details at bottom of my post), didn't practices as his Coaches asked. Players don't respect that.

He gave more effort for games on TV - esp national TV then regular games. Players and coaches don't care for that either.

He committed idiot fouls that got him tossed out of the next game - in the playoffs. Nobody respects that.

Doc did what he could do with him to get the max value. Play D (before his injury when he was in the mood he was very good - and pass. He couldn't shoot unless it was a layup, but he didn't get that many layups because his foul shooting was so bad. So he had high USG because he could pass.

He's an emotional and even paranoid personality. I hope he gets straight, but I wouldn't pay him a dime to play basketball unless Dr. Phil was going to cover the whole thing.

Perhaps he's changed his course because the only players that don't like him are Butler and Wade, two huge prima-donnas

eDush
01-30-2017, 05:30 AM

The FO are a complete joke. It's amazing they haven't been fired yet, and despite all the craziness, I'm not even sure if they'll get the axe this off-season. Hoiberg flat out ****ing sucks. He's terrible and doesn't belong in the NBA. To give him 5 years/25 mil......oh myThe Kings FO is a joke. This is a players issue and it's up to them and the coach to deal with it, as it's not a FO issue.

eDush
01-30-2017, 05:45 AM

He's an emotional and even paranoid personality. I hope he gets straight, but I wouldn't pay him a dime to play basketball unless Dr. Phil was going to cover the whole thing.It's nothing new to anyone who follow his track record which kinda surprise me the Bulls went for him. Even the Lakers back out after seeing what he had done which is sad :(

eDush
01-30-2017, 05:47 AM

Perhaps he's changed his course because the only players that don't like him are Butler and Wade, two huge prima-donnasNot even close for either of them when compared to Rondo-Donna playing off his own teammates against one another to incite controversy. Just follow his past if you don't believe it :(

Shammyguy3
01-30-2017, 01:50 PM
Not even close for either of them when compared to Rondo-Donna playing off his own teammates against one another to incite controversy. Just follow his past if you don't believe it :(

you don't follow Jimmy Butler closely do you? He's as much of a pre-Madonna as Lebron in Cleveland was. Also, Rondo is not playing off his own teammates to incite controversy. Butler and Wade are doing that. Butler literally said to the media that he loves controversy and feeds off of it.