PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Fenway for the first time...

synister281
01-25-2017, 03:57 PM
Hey everyone,

Finally getting out to Boston for my first time to see the Cubs/Sox game there at the end of April this coming season. Wife and I got our flight and hotel booked yesterday, but now comes the tough part of finding tickets.

Went on Stubhub and couldn't find much that is even remotely affordable, looks like bleacher tickets are about $75 each for the Friday night game. Are those seats assigned? Reason I ask is at Wrigley they are first come-first serve.

Does anyone have some suggestions on where we can get some tickets besides Stubhub? Or does anyone on here have tickets they'd be willing to part with?

Greatly appreciate any help!

RedSoxtober
01-25-2017, 11:41 PM
Unfortunately, the Sox-Cubs game is likely to be one of the hottest tickets in town with all of its historical significance as well as the interclub connections. $75 is a lot but I doubt you're going to see a significantly better price elsewhere.

That said, I haven't purchased from them but Vivid Seats (https://www.vividseats.com/mlb-baseball/boston-red-sox-tickets/red-sox-vs-cubs-4-28-2151190.html) has slightly better prices -- 61 for bleacher seats but 75 will get you some grandstand seats closer to the action.

...and to answer your bleacher question -- yes, those seats are assigned.

bagwell368
01-26-2017, 08:10 AM
Grandstand is NOT automatically better then the bleachers. The back 1/2 of sections 1-6 are way worse than any bleacher seat, except maybe the top 10 rows of the bleachers (dead CF) and that's as much to do with the distance as being a magnet for rowdies.

IMO what you want is 3B to LF Sections 24-33. The best seat in the park is where the 3B line is closest, but you have to pay attention to every pitch or you could get brained in that whole area.

synister281
01-26-2017, 11:37 AM
Awesome, thanks for the help guys. Appreciate the suggestions. Really looking forward to seeing this series in Fenway!

Also, have you heard when single game tickets go on sale? I was hoping I can maybe get them direct from the Sox website... tried on there today but they only have certain games for sale...

RedSoxtober
01-26-2017, 03:12 PM
Damn, you got lucky. Looks like they go on sale Saturday at 10AM EDT (http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2017/01/boston_red_sox_2017_tickets_si.html)... or 9am for you. Hell, I might even try to join you!

synister281
01-27-2017, 10:16 AM
Damn, you got lucky. Looks like they go on sale Saturday at 10AM EDT (http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2017/01/boston_red_sox_2017_tickets_si.html)... or 9am for you. Hell, I might even try to join you!

Dude, did you see this?

Single-game Red Sox tickets to all regular season home games, except Opening Day and games against the New York Yankees and Chicago Cubs, go on sale Jan. 28 at 10 a.m.

Fans can purchase up to 12 single-game tickets per transaction.

Cubs and Yankees tickets, as well as table seating on the Right Field Budweiser Deck, will be made available via a random drawing at a later date. Information about Green Monster tickets also will be announced later.

You can't even buy Cubs or Yankee tickets on saturday, they are a random drawing! That suuuuuucks :(

Bosston
01-30-2017, 11:39 AM
I'll be at the Sox / Cubs game on Sat... birthday gift from the gf!

synister281
01-31-2017, 01:52 PM
I'll be at the Sox / Cubs game on Sat... birthday gift from the gf!

NICE! Where did she get tix for you guys?

Bosston
02-07-2017, 02:35 PM
NICE! Where did she get tix for you guys?

I have no clue, some website. Tickets were delivered about a week ago.