PDA

View Full Version : Lebron says team needs "F[bomb] playmaker"

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 10:55 AM
Anyone else confused by these comments? If he was not declining, why would he say this? I think someone in the GT last night said Lebron is just not caring or trying. Well it appears based on his comments they were trying.

Imagine if they were in the west and were getting worked every night.

When the 18-27 Pelicans took the floor on Monday night to face LeBron James and the Cavaliers without their star player Anthony Davis, it looked like it was going to be an easy W for Cleveland. The Cavs were coming off an overtime loss to the Spurs on Saturday night and had lost four of their last six games, so it appeared as though a game against an AD-less New Orleans squad was exactly what they needed to get back on track.

It didn’t work out that way. Kyrie Irving went off for 49 points and LeBron notched a triple-double with 26 points, 10 rebounds, and 12 assists, but the Pelicans got 36 points from Terrence Jones and 33 points from Jrue Holiday en route to a 124-122 victory. And after the game, LeBron was not happy. While speaking with a small group of beat reporters, he said he thinks the Cavs are going to need to make some roster changes if they want to have any chance of repeating as NBA champions.

"I just hope that we’re not satisfied as an organization," he said. "I just hope we’re not satisfied…We’re not better than last year. From a personnel standpoint."

LeBron did seem to admit that the grind of the regular season was playing a big part in the Cavs’ recent struggles, especially since the team relies on its stars so much. "The f*cking grind of the regular season," he said. "We’re a top-heavy team. We have a top-heavy team. We top-heavy as *****. It’s me, [Irving], [Kevin Love]. It’s top-heavy."

But he added that he believes the front office is going to need to make some moves soon. He was careful not to call out anyone in particular—"I’m not singling out anybody," he said—but he let it be known that Cavs general manager David Griffin and his team are going to need to get to work on bringing in some reinforcements.

"We need a f*cking playmaker," he said. "I’m not saying you can just go find one, like you can go outside and see trees. I didn’t say that."

And LeBron used the Spurs and Warriors as examples of teams that have the types of deep lineups that he envies. "They’ve got bodies," he said. "For the most part, all championship-contending teams has got guys that are ready to step in. Knock on wood, what if Ky goes down? For two weeks. Let’s say two. What if I went down for three weeks?"

The good news for the Cavs right now is that, despite their recent struggles, they are still in perfect position to earn the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs. They will also have J.R. Smith returning to the lineup later this season after suffering a thumb injury at the end of 2016. And if history has shown us anything, it’s that the Cavs always seem to struggle at this time of year before returning to form once the postseason starts. So there probably isn’t too much for Cavs fans to worry about here. But don’t be surprised if they make a move or two in the coming weeks to keep their superstar happy.

Link (http://prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=451405)

tp13baby
01-24-2017, 11:04 AM
Disappointing. Going in descending order of talent GS the only team better. What more do you want Lebron?

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 11:06 AM
Disappointing. Going in descending order of talent GS the only team better. What more do you want Lebron?

I mean what can they offer? I see Klove and maybe players not named Lebron and Kyrie? I think Sacto would have no interest in Love if they feel DMC is a strong possibility to return. Maybe we see an even bigger power play: Lebron tells team he opts out and the Cavs dangle him?

Big Zo
01-24-2017, 11:15 AM
I'm no LeBron apologist, but where in that did you get that he hinted at declining? Players young and old both suffer from injuries, and both also need help to win, and both can wear down in the regular season after multiple years of reaching the final round. Don't mean their skills have diminished.

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 11:23 AM
I'm no LeBron apologist, but where in that did you get that he hinted at declining? Players young and old both suffer from injuries, and both also need help to win, and both can wear down in the regular season after multiple years of reaching the final round. Don't mean their skills have diminished.

That they need a playmaker. I thought Lebron, Kyrie, Love, are all playmakers. Correct me if I am wrong, but they have 3. He never would have said something like this in the past- if he weren't declining.

pacofunk64
01-24-2017, 11:28 AM
I don't think Love is a playmaker. JR Smith is and he'll be back and rested for the playoff run. They are fine. Let's be honest, they know they can cruise to the #1 seed in East and turn it on come playoffs.

Hawkeye15
01-24-2017, 11:43 AM
the teams he likes did it through the draft, so of course they are deeper. His teams were gutted to absorb him. When you build through free agency/trades and make your team top heavy, guess what, you get a ton of role players to depend on, versus a team that drafted guys, and extended them..

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 11:57 AM
the teams he likes did it through the draft, so of course they are deeper. His teams were gutted to absorb him. When you build through free agency/trades and make your team top heavy, guess what, you get a ton of role players to depend on, versus a team that drafted guys, and extended them..

I feel like the current Cavs situation is when you on NBA 2k and gut a team of role players and draft picks and then end up playing with like 3 guys vs. a full team of 7-8 guys and wonder why you lose a big lead when your stars arent in

BKLYNpigeon
01-24-2017, 12:16 PM
LeBron is basically saying, his teammates aren't good enough...

pretty bad loss to the Pelicans, with AD out. lol

Clint Olbrock
01-24-2017, 12:23 PM
I mean what can they offer? I see Klove and maybe players not named Lebron and Kyrie? I think Sacto would have no interest in Love if they feel DMC is a strong possibility to return. Maybe we see an even bigger power play: Lebron tells team he opts out and the Cavs dangle him?

LBJ doesn't have an option until summer 2018.. Do your research.

Clint Olbrock
01-24-2017, 12:24 PM

Not as bad as to the garbage heat, lol

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 12:24 PM

thats like the 2nd graders beating the 8th graders at recess.

cmellofan15
01-24-2017, 12:33 PM
Nice headline. In unrelated news "Troll Sensationalizes Story About Lebron"

Vee-Rex
01-24-2017, 12:34 PM
Ignoring the title being the way it is to troll... here's my thoughts:

LeBron has been expressing a desire for an additional play-maker for several weeks now. It's a pretty legitimate need that we have. If you look at many of our games this year, the assist totals are always: LeBron - 8, Kyrie - 5, Love - 2, etc... I mean, He had 15 assists in our recent win vs. the Suns, and I think the next highest was Kyrie at 4 assists.

Just spouting off numbers off the top of my head...

Kyrie had 9 assists vs. the Spurs and LeBron had 7.

Just last night, LeBron had 10, Love with 6, and Kyrie with 4, and Shumpert with 2, and no one else had assists

LeBron is shouldering the assist load and isn't able to play off-the-ball at all. It's pretty energy draining. His ball-handling has never been great, and so he's prone to having games with tons of turnovers. Then you got Kyrie who is more of a shooting guard in a point guard's body and we need him to be a big part of the scoring load. Yet, those two are leading our team in assists and no one is anywhere near them.

Kay Felder has had spurts of playing somewhat well, but he's a rookie and when given extended minutes he makes a ton of rookie mistakes. His shooting hasn't been great in his limited playing time and his defense is even worse than Kyrie's.

The need for a play-maker is definitely there and I agree with LeBron on that.

The part where I don't agree with LeBron is his attitude and impatience.

The Cavs are extremely limited with what we can do. We have no cap space and virtually no assets (Cedi Osman might be able to get us something). David Griffin has said on more than one occasion that he's fully aware our roster isn't how we want it to be. Because of our limitations, we are desperately trying to hold on until the trade deadline and dudes start getting cut. We would be fools to give away assets right now for backup/niche role-players when we can probably acquire them around the trade deadline.

LeBron will never realize that HE'S the reason our team is built the way it is. It's very top heavy and supports Bron-Ball (3-point shooters standing at the arc waiting for a pass). Since his return we went and got Kevin Love, James Jones, Mike Miller, Richard Jefferson, Channing Frye, Kyle Korver... just guys that fit with LeBron and his style of play. RJ and Frye and Korver are main rotational pieces of our team that are practically worthless without LeBron creating for them.

That's LeBron's fault.

LeBron is the one responsible for heavily pushing the big Tristan Thompson contract situation. He's the one responsible for heavily pushing the JR Smith contract situation. He's the one responsible for the 'bring my boys back' mentality.

Griff has beautifully constructed a roster to support him, so LeBron needs to shut the **** up and wait until we're able to make a move.

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 12:39 PM
The headline is not trolling. Everyone declines at some point. There is a question mark to spark discussion, as we have reently spoke about Lebrons decline.

Big Zo
01-24-2017, 12:40 PM
That they need a playmaker. I thought Lebron, Kyrie, Love, are all playmakers. Correct me if I am wrong, but they have 3. He never would have said something like this in the past- if he weren't declining.
LeBron, Wade, and Bosh were all playmakers, yet they still felt they needed the likes of Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Birdman, etc.

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 12:47 PM
LeBron, Wade, and Bosh were all playmakers, yet they still felt they needed the likes of Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Birdman, etc.

Jr Smith is a playmaker. Is he playing like one right now? No. Has he in the past? Yes.

ManRam
01-24-2017, 12:50 PM
I don't get the title of this thread.

I feel like LeBron-led teams have this funk every year and that he makes similar comments about the team in response to said funk every year. The Cavs will be fine (in the East), but I don't think his assessment is off. There isn't a player besides Kyrie that can really run an offense, let alone create. Just look at the bench they trotted out there last night: Frye, Jefferson, Liggins and Korver. Who's "play-making" there? Hell, where's the defense? Their depth does look really suspect right now and it is far from a flawless team. Another piece would absolutely help, but like he said, that's easier said than done. Someone who can create or a big that can rebound and defend would go a long way.

It says a lot about your depth when you lose JR and things start to look a lot worse.

Griffin had a bad off season.

Vee-Rex
01-24-2017, 12:50 PM
In addition to my last post:

I'm not worried much about our defensive issues (neither is LeBron). That's just a matter of effort and energy, and we showed that we can ramp it up when we want to. The Pelicans were just driven to win at home once they smelled blood with a 70-50 halftime lead. JR's return should help there as well, since he has been a decent defender in the last year or so.

We'll never be a top 5 defensive team but we should be better than where we are now and I'm completely confident we'll do better in the playoffs.

I can say this for sure: the lack of bashing/hate from the media is so freaking great right now. If the Cavs had this bad stretch last year the entire NBA world would explode. Being the defending champs is great.

It also helps that in two of our terrible losses this season - Golden State has also lost. It kinda takes the attention away from us since they're the ones with all the pressure with their ultra legendary team.

Clint Olbrock
01-24-2017, 12:56 PM
Jr Smith is a playmaker. Is he playing like one right now? No. Has he in the past? Yes.

He's out with a broken thumb you troll, lol

Burkey3472
01-24-2017, 12:58 PM
Unfortunately for them I don't know if they have the bullets to get another "playmaker" without giving up Love and Kyrie.

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 12:58 PM
He's out with a broken thumb you troll, lol

Didn't even realize that. But that is aside from the point.

SteBO
01-24-2017, 12:59 PM
Brewer I'm not seeing where the declining part of the title comes into play here.....you claim you added the ? to spark discussion but that only works if the body of the content you're providing lends to that. It doesn't. Period.

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 01:04 PM
Brewer I'm not seeing where the declining part of the title comes into play here.....you claim you added the ? to spark discussion but that only works if the body of the content you're providing lends to that. It doesn't. Period.

I have reported the thread and asked a mod to change it. Not sure what I was thinking.

SteBO
01-24-2017, 01:15 PM
That said, Vee echoed my sentiments in more words than I can put. Go back to 2011, when Miami had virtually no playmaking aside from their top 3 players, and it bit them in the Finals. Some of that is a product of LBJ being the transcendent talent that he is. If the roster isn't constituted that way, the offense is gonna be constipated more times than not. The only reason it works better this time around is because Irving and Love can spread the floor. If you ask me, they're better equipped than anyone else to take GS down but having someone else to handle the ball while keeping LBJ off the ball can do wonders. LBJ's turnover rate is at a career high.

Vee-Rex
01-24-2017, 01:16 PM
Unfortunately for them I don't know if they have the bullets to get another "playmaker" without giving up Love and Kyrie.

Yeah we got no ammo left in the gun, just some rocks and sticks to offer. :laugh2:

There's absolutely no chance we can acquire a good point guard. But if we can just get an average/below-average one, it'll help.

Deron Williams may be a great option if he's willing to accept a new role and cut down on his shot attempts. We can absorb his contract with the trade exception and offer a couple players in return.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how I feel about Rondo. D.J. Augustin is a less appealing option. Mario Chalmers has been close to returning for like a couple months now lol, but he's projected to be an option for the Cavs.

Hawks and Nuggets expressed serious interest in Cedi Osman but we rejected them for whatever they were offering. It's almost inevitable that we make a move before/around the deadline - the question is if it'll truly help our team. I got faith in Griff, though.

kdspurman
01-24-2017, 01:18 PM
I have reported the thread and asked a mod to change it. Not sure what I was thinking.

Just changed it

Hangin n Wangin
01-24-2017, 01:18 PM
Lebron is such an unbelievable *****.

aman_13
01-24-2017, 01:25 PM

Lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Cavs don't have much for trade bait. They waiting for a guy being bought out or what? They owe a ton of picks....

Pick Swaps:
2017 — Owe first-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Anderson Varejao, 2017 pick swap).
2017 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Keith Bogans).
2018 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Keith Bogans), may go to Charlotte Hornets (Andrei Kirilenko, Juan Pablo Vaulet).
2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) to Atlanta Hawks (Kyle Korver)
2019 — Owed second-rounder from Minnesota Timberwolves (Tyus Jones).
2019 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Lakers (Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas).
2019 — Owe higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders to Portland Trail Blazers (Brendan Haywood), both possibly to Trail Blazers, if owed first-rounder is not conveyed. (Anderson Varejao).
2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Dion Waiters), possibly to Orlando Magic (Kyle O’Quinn).
2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Portland Trail Blazers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris).
2020 — Owe second-rounder to Los Angeles Clippers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox).

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/cleveland-cavaliers-team-salary/

jason6692
01-24-2017, 01:40 PM

No its not you were just simply wrong the first time. Dont be ashamed

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 01:45 PM
No its not you were just simply wrong the first time. Dont be ashamed

I did not know Jr Smith was out. Honest mistake.

Vinylman
01-24-2017, 02:22 PM
Lou Williams or Calderon for your TPE and a 2027 first rounder top 3 protected

Big Zo
01-24-2017, 02:31 PM
I did not know Jr Smith was out. Honest mistake.

What does Jr Smith have to do with LeBron personally declining? Again, you're talking to a guy that wishes nothing but the worst for Cleveland.

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 02:35 PM
What does Jr Smith have to do with LeBron personally declining? Again, you're talking to a guy that wishes nothing but the worst for Cleveland.

I wish the Browns the best of success! I don't like lebron, the Cavs organization and how their players and fans ***** over every little thing.

As far as JR Smith goes, I made reference that he is a play maker. But someone thought I was trolling as he is currently out.

LA4life24/8
01-24-2017, 02:51 PM
Lol... its kinda his own fault though. He wanted his boys back smith thompson etc... this dude asks for so much help.

Does he want a near all star at every position or what? Hes got two top 20 guys on his squad with him.

Gonna be hard for them to get anything unless they give up ky or love like yall said. He pushed them to give ludicrous deals to some of his boys so now they are cash strapped.

tredigs
01-24-2017, 03:01 PM
He did bring up the fact that he was 33 this winter and doesn't have time to waste. Then in the next breath said he will still be competing for titles for the foreseeable future. He also said they are "top heavy as ****" and mentions the big 3, then in the next breath says he doesn't know how to get help or what they have to offer.

He is frustrated from the losses, all over the place with his message, and all around showcasing some terrible leadership and frankly outright stupidity in airing this to the media while simultaneously admitting he doesn't have any recommendations other than a magical Christmas wish list.

It's immature tirades like these that ultimately turned me on LBJ as a fan.

bagwell368
01-24-2017, 03:09 PM
I'm hoping for a 3 way with the Celts and Bulls. The C's should make sure they get the "short end" as long as Rondo ends up on the Cavs... BWHAHAHAHHA

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2017, 03:12 PM
Then mentioned players they could of had a free agents. Then LeBron said Beasley. Bucks didn't sign him. Bucks traded Ennis for Beasley.

mngopher35
01-24-2017, 03:14 PM
Pretty much typical mid season talk. Team under performs and Lebron calls them out, fans that dislike him think it's something while most just go meh. Mid finals last year we had to discuss if his all time legacy would drop due to attitude and lack of leadership lol. Think about that now haha, people just overreact.

They probably do need a playmaker as in like backup pg type, not trading for a star though.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2017, 03:19 PM
LeBron can be more top heavy with Wade and Melo traded to Cavs by trading Thompson,Smith,Shumpert,Frye. Knicks and Bulls easily say no. All jokes aside this wont happen.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jdoccqd

KingPosey
01-24-2017, 03:24 PM
3 number one level playmakers is enough, I don't know how you can have that talent pool and complain you don't have any help. Lebron maybe you shouldn't have forced them to sign TT to a max, because now you know that was dumb.

I know hes been saying things about this for a couple weeks, but hes literally complaining about not having enough help after a game in which his teammate dropped 50.

IKnowHoops
01-24-2017, 03:25 PM
The headline is not trolling. Everyone declines at some point. There is a question mark to spark discussion, as we have reently spoke about Lebrons decline.

Ask Bae if Bron is declining when he destroying him next game.

BKLYNpigeon
01-24-2017, 03:25 PM
After that Lebron interview.

All the Cavs were looking around at each other, thinking if they'll get traded. lol

IKnowHoops
01-24-2017, 03:28 PM

JR has been injured for some time now. You don't know what you are talking about.

ewing
01-24-2017, 03:30 PM
this guy just never gets any help

IKnowHoops
01-24-2017, 03:30 PM

No that is the point.

There is much you don't realize when you talk about the Cavs. Thus you should stop talking about them until the things that should be realized before you open your mouth about them are.

Clint Olbrock
01-24-2017, 03:33 PM
He did bring up the fact that he was 33 this winter and doesn't have time to waste. Then in the next breath said he will still be competing for titles for the foreseeable future. He also said they are "top heavy as ****" and mentions the big 3, then in the next breath says he doesn't know how to get help or what they have to offer.

He is frustrated from the losses, all over the place with his message, and all around showcasing some terrible leadership and frankly outright stupidity in airing this to the media while simultaneously admitting he doesn't have any recommendations other than a magical Christmas wish list.

It's immature tirades like these that ultimately turned me on LBJ as a fan.

He just turned 32 a few weeks ago.. -_-

R. Johnson#3
01-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Poor guy.

Rajon Rondo to the Cavs is imminent I think. Rondo just needs a vet on the team who's big enough to scare him and that's Lebron. He had it in Boston with KG but never again. Dirk isn't scary, DMC is still a kid, Wade is a ***** and Gasol isn't scary either. He also needs good shooters so he has no excuse to shoot the ball. If Rondo went to the Cavs they would be absolutely lethal. Lebron would scare him into playing the way he wanted which would probably be the right way. I think it's coming very soon.

nastynice
01-24-2017, 04:05 PM

I thought he was just referring to that the Cavs need more ball handlers. Which is true. That's what I got from it

tredigs
01-24-2017, 04:26 PM
He just turned 32 a few weeks ago.. -_-

Message Lebron, not me fanboy. His words.

What did you get him?

Hawkeye15
01-24-2017, 04:30 PM
I feel like the current Cavs situation is when you on NBA 2k and gut a team of role players and draft picks and then end up playing with like 3 guys vs. a full team of 7-8 guys and wonder why you lose a big lead when your stars arent in

I mean, I get that LeBron looks at GS, or SA, and sees how deep they are. But he apparently doesn't get the fact that those teams built from within, and GS enjoyed the luckiest free agency jump in history.

When you go about doing it how LeBron does it, you limit how much help a team can get you, due to the CBA. I get that Irving/Love aren't KD/Klay/Green/bench, or anywhere near the Spurs depth, but guess what? You were the GM here LeBron. Shut up and play your cards, they were clearly good enough last year.

Hawkeye15
01-24-2017, 04:31 PM
this guy just never gets any help

one man show

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 05:21 PM
No that is the point.

There is much you don't realize when you talk about the Cavs. Thus you should stop talking about them until the things that should be realized before you open your mouth about them are.

Open my mouth? I'm typing.

Your posts carry no weight. You are either an illiterate troll, or just post like one non stop.

I will do what you suggested only if you prove to me that Randy Moss won a eing with the Pats.

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 05:26 PM
I thought he was just referring to that the Cavs need more ball handlers. Which is true. That's what I got from it

You may ne right but by context I thouht of someone that can more than distribute the ball. Maybe like a Dwayne Wade type of guy, although I do realize that he is unrealistic due to salary. I was kinda of wondering if he saw what GSW has and realized thst if a series were today, that it would end pretty quick.

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 05:27 PM
ask bae if bron is declining when he destroying him next game.

k

GiantsSwaGG
01-24-2017, 05:27 PM
LeBron needing playmakers = LeBron needing Carmelo Anthony lol

bomber0104
01-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Poor guy.

Rajon Rondo to the Cavs is imminent I think. Rondo just needs a vet on the team who's big enough to scare him and that's Lebron. He had it in Boston with KG but never again. Dirk isn't scary, DMC is still a kid, Wade is a ***** and Gasol isn't scary either. He also needs good shooters so he has no excuse to shoot the ball. If Rondo went to the Cavs they would be absolutely lethal. Lebron would scare him into playing the way he wanted which would probably be the right way. I think it's coming very soon.

That would be terrible.. Rondo on the floor just means another defender that can play off him and put more pressure on Lebron or Kyrie. At least with Delladova they had a guy who can make the open 3. Rondo gives the Cavs nothing. He`s player that is only effective with the ball in his hand and he won`t have that playing with Lebron and Irving

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 05:47 PM
LeBron needing playmakers = LeBron needing Carmelo Anthony lol

Jist watch silver veto a trade, if its a blatant cap dump for NYK. Would shump and the trade exception work financially?

Clint Olbrock
01-24-2017, 06:03 PM
Message Lebron, not me fanboy. His words.

What did you get him?

Google is your friend, use it.

I got him the same thing I got you, lol

Clint Olbrock
01-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Jist watch silver veto a trade, if its a blatant cap dump for NYK. Would shump and the trade exception work financially?
Can't combine player salaries with TPE's.. So no.

Scoots
01-24-2017, 06:25 PM
Lebron doing his passive aggressive thing again. Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

cmellofan15
01-24-2017, 06:31 PM

Your posts carry no weight. You are either an illiterate troll, or just post like one non stop.

I will do what you suggested only if you prove to me that Randy Moss won a eing with the Pats.

you're mad at him because he pointed out that you posted on something that you had NO idea what you were talking about? LMAO c'mon troll be rational

More-Than-Most
01-24-2017, 07:40 PM
why is this a surprise? Lebron is the only actual play maker for the team and he wants help... he needs another passing Player who sets others up... They have needed another PG.... Why are people *****ing?

tredigs
01-24-2017, 08:22 PM
why is this a surprise? Lebron is the only actual play maker for the team and he wants help... he needs another passing Player who sets others up... They have needed another PG.... Why are people *****ing?

Because this is the same guy who essentially demanded the Cavs resign JR Smith over all else to close this off-season, and ensured that Tristan Thompson was compensated the max the previous year. He tweeted his good-bye to Delly (punctuated with a "1" to close the message) 40 minutes after he signed an offer sheet with the Bucks that the Cavs could have theoretically matched (albeit to the shagrin of ownership as a tax penalty). He's *****ing about this more and more recently because they've been struggling and he wants to vent. They have more talent than the vast majority of teams, and a LOT of players of his own choosing, so he needs to stfu or at least keep it in house if he has gripes with his self created roster. Specifically when he states in the middle of his own message that "he doesn't know how to get this player".

Interesting that Kay Felder is such a bust from an immediate impact standpoint though. I did not know anything about him, but word around here from many posters was that he was going to be a secret weapon for them right out of the gate. Not so much it seems.

SoxPatsCeltsBs
01-24-2017, 08:39 PM
As talented as he is it still gets old listening to him complain. He's a big reason the roster is what it is. What's the team supposed to do dangle a first round pick? Lol. Stop crying and beat scrub teams missing their only superstar.

IndyRealist
01-24-2017, 08:51 PM
This feels really troll-like. Lebron is saying they need bench guys, not "we need another all-star".

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 08:59 PM
This feels really troll-like. Lebron is saying they need bench guys, not "we need another all-star".

Probsbly because you're one those people that read and disect every post I put up.

I read "play maker " as being an actual playmaker and not upgrading your 12th man to a 10th man

hugepatsfan
01-24-2017, 08:59 PM
I don't think it's a players role to say we need Player X to replace whoever on our team because he isn't good enough to do it at a championship level. But CLE is smart enough to only get players that are cool with Lebron's massive ego to where he injects himself as the GM.

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 09:01 PM
Lebron doing his passive aggressive thing again. Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

If.Mj said this then there would be total uproar. If curry did, same thing. I'm sorry not sorry, Lebrons not getting a paas.

More-Than-Most
01-24-2017, 09:07 PM
I don't think it's a players role to say we need Player X to replace whoever on our team because he isn't good enough to do it at a championship level. But CLE is smart enough to only get players that are cool with Lebron's massive ego to where he injects himself as the GM.

normally that would be the case but its not a black and white world... In all sports you have guys that are or above the organization and lebron in the nba is exactly that... He is the GM.

europagnpilgrim
01-24-2017, 09:07 PM
Lebron has been the quasi GM from his first stint here to Miami to now so it wont change until he reaches that age of showing a big fall off degree in play

the best playmakers/creators out there are probably Augustine/Jameer/Rondo that they can possibly afford and absorb with that trade exception they have, and the one he wanted a few years back and should of had him in 07' is retired right now in the HOF

More-Than-Most
01-24-2017, 09:09 PM
If.Mj said this then there would be total uproar. If curry did, same thing. I'm sorry not sorry, Lebrons not getting a paas.

except curry and MJ wouldnt need to say it because they have 2 of the best teams ever around them... On top of that MJ and Curry have never gotten half the **** lebron has gotten period... MJ wouldnt be able to deal in thi era if we are being honest... Curry much like Durant owe lebron the biggest nut hug in all of the worlds much like every other big time player in the lebron era because of their pass they get from the media/fans because of how lebron drives the hate.... Durant has just gotten a taste of what lebron has dealt with from year one.

More-Than-Most
01-24-2017, 09:11 PM
Because this is the same guy who essentially demanded the Cavs resign JR Smith over all else to close this off-season, and ensured that Tristan Thompson was compensated the max the previous year. He tweeted his good-bye to Delly (punctuated with a "1" to close the message) 40 minutes after he signed an offer sheet with the Bucks that the Cavs could have theoretically matched (albeit to the shagrin of ownership as a tax penalty). He's *****ing about this more and more recently because they've been struggling and he wants to vent. They have more talent than the vast majority of teams, and a LOT of players of his own choosing, so he needs to stfu or at least keep it in house if he has gripes with his self created roster. Specifically when he states in the middle of his own message that "he doesn't know how to get this player".

Interesting that Kay Felder is such a bust from an immediate impact standpoint though. I did not know anything about him, but word around here from many posters was that he was going to be a secret weapon for them right out of the gate. Not so much it seems.

so youd prefer him to just shut up and not be honest? he was asked the question wasnt he? I am not saying its the smartest thing in the world but its no secret they need a play maker.. he is just stating the obvious even if its his own fault being the GM.

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 09:13 PM
except curry and MJ wouldnt need to say it because they have 2 of the best teams ever around them... On top of that MJ and Curry have never gotten half the **** lebron has gotten period... MJ wouldnt be able to deal in thi era if we are being honest... Curry much like Durant owe lebron the biggest nut hug in all of the worlds much like every other big time player in the lebron era because of their pass they get from the media/fans because of how lebron drives the hate.... Durant has just gotten a taste of what lebron has dealt with from year one.
As Euro and others noted, Lebron has kind of dug his own hole here.
Were Mj and Curry ever player/gms? Curry no. Mj I am not familiar with the situation so someone else can enlighten me

More-Than-Most
01-24-2017, 09:28 PM
As Euro and others noted, Lebron has kind of dug his own hole here.
Were Mj and Curry ever player/gms? Curry no. Mj I am not familiar with the situation so someone else can enlighten me

curry is in his like 5th year... was curry abused for his talent early on? Lebron was... i am not saying him becoming gm and making moves is right but again his talents were being abused early in his career and he carried far more load than any player ever when you factor in his skill/talent around him/social media and where the nba was.... jordan as great as he is would have been hated in todays nba. When you are as great as lebron where people question your legacy every chance you get you do what needs to be done to put yourself in the most ideal situations esp when you come into the league on that cavs team and be used like he was because of his talent... again something that never happened to curry or MJ or Durant etc etc etc. So no he isnt right but digging his own hole is flat out Bull.

IndyRealist
01-24-2017, 09:58 PM
Probsbly because you're one those people that read and disect every post I put up.

I read "play maker " as being an actual playmaker and not upgrading your 12th man to a 10th man

Awfully touchy, aren't you?

He says the team is top-heavy, and they don't have the depth that the Warriors and Spurs have. Taking the entire quote on the whole, and not just cherry-picking words here and there, and it's pretty obvious he didn't mean "bring in another top tier player because I'm getting old".

"We’re a top-heavy team. We have a top-heavy team. We top-heavy as *****. It’s me, [Irving], [Kevin Love]. It’s top-heavy."

And LeBron used the Spurs and Warriors as examples of teams that have the types of deep lineups that he envies. "They’ve got bodies," he said. "For the most part, all championship-contending teams has got guys that are ready to step in. Knock on wood, what if Ky goes down? For two weeks. Let’s say two. What if I went down for three weeks?"

They need improvement #6-9 in their rotation. Aside from Thompson and -maybe- Korver depending on how he works out, they don't have anyone they can rely on when the starters get rest.

ClevelandSpider
01-24-2017, 10:43 PM
Awfully touchy, aren't you?

He says the team is top-heavy, and they don't have the depth that the Warriors and Spurs have. Taking the entire quote on the whole, and not just cherry-picking words here and there, and it's pretty obvious he didn't mean "bring in another top tier player because I'm getting old".

They need improvement #6-9 in their rotation. Aside from Thompson and -maybe- Korver depending on how he works out, they don't have anyone they can rely on when the starters get rest.

You gotta realize Brewer is a terribly annoying troll. He floods the board with his troll posts. I just scroll past every post he makes, dude has no idea what he's talking about

Giannis94
01-24-2017, 10:52 PM
You gotta realize Brewer is a terribly annoying troll. He floods the board with his troll posts. I just scroll past every post he makes, dude has no idea what he's talking about

Well, each time you do ao you are missing insights that you would have to pay for on ESPN. I'm actually quite shocked theu haven't asked me to be a mod yet. Can you believe that? Mularkey.

FlashBolt
01-25-2017, 12:32 AM
LeBron is being a total ***** lately man. But the biggest issue for the Cavs lately has clearly been Love. Dude has been absolute garbage the past month and weeks. Not sure if the stomach bug really affected him to such an extent but this is the worst Love has been for them. To be honest, I think a trade for Melo might not sound too bad here. They will absolutely lose to the Warriors if they have to depend on RJ to stop KD again.. Just for this matchup, it makes absolute sense to have Melo here. LeBron could carry the Cavs alone to the Finals. Melo/Irving/LeBron/JR/Tristan/Korver vs Draymond/Klay/Curry/KD. Sounds about right. I always cringe when LeBron looks at his teammates with a stare when they mess up on a play but LeBron literally messes up on a few of them and he pretends he's a Saint.

Scoots
01-25-2017, 12:38 AM

My point was not that it was okay ... His passive aggressive BS is why I think he's a bad person. It's just not going to change LeBron or his rabid fans opinions.

FlashBolt
01-25-2017, 12:42 AM

If they needed another playmaker, they should have traded Love for Carmelo, tbh. LeBron runs the show in Cleveland. No trade gets passed without his approval.. I think we all know that regardless of what's being said. The simple fact is, Cleveland is losing because Love has sucked hard lately. Against the Spurs, he missed so many blank shots that would have put Cleveland ahead or at least tied the game. It was terrible. I wish they would make the trade for Melo. Gives them more athleticism, better scorer, better playmaker, and clearly a much better team when going up against the Warriors. Love has not done well against the Warriors at all.

mrblisterdundee
01-25-2017, 12:42 AM
I think LeBron James' comment is a stealthy dig at his own teammates not stepping up to the plate. Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love could both do more. Tristan Thompson has been a pretty big letdown in the passing department.
The Cavaliers would have benefited significantly by keeping Matthew Dellavedova, who ironically has become less important to the Bucks with the emergence of Malcolm Brogdon. Also, maybe playing James off the ball more and forcing Irving to run more of the offense wouldn't be a bad change.

kobe4thewinbang
01-25-2017, 01:20 AM
I read the full article, haven't watched the interview, but I think LBJ is either really frustrated or he went overboard a bit. I did not know Kyrie had 49 points and LBJ had a triple-double. So yeah they should be heated, but the way he said these things...it's sort of cold toward his teammates. He's got a lot of passion, and I do agree with LeBron that they need a PG the most because it is not fair to make rookies handle that pressure. But like others have said, the roster constraints exist mostly because of LeBron and his lobbying for questionable contributors like JR Smith and Tristan Thompson.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2017, 01:24 AM

Find where I said that

IKnowHoops
01-25-2017, 01:31 AM

LOL...all of this stuff you posted above is meaningless.

Meanwhile Draymond is continuously doing much worse, runs his mouth a lot more, and you defend him all day long.

Double standard here Trey? Be honest.

nastynice
01-25-2017, 02:06 AM
Lol... its kinda his own fault though. He wanted his boys back smith thompson etc... this dude asks for so much help.

Does he want a near all star at every position or what? Hes got two top 20 guys on his squad with him.

Gonna be hard for them to get anything unless they give up ky or love like yall said. He pushed them to give ludicrous deals to some of his boys so now they are cash strapped.

Yea, Lebron's just putting pressure on his FO to go and spend whatever it takes. He came to cleveland under (presumed) understanding that cleveland will be creating a new big 3 with 3 superstars. He got it. He then pressured the FO to pay whatever required to keep a few solid guys who are very good at their role, he got it. Now he's trying to work that same pressure all the way down the bench. He's basically gotten the cavs to hit from every angle (assuming they do pick up a ball handler, already got korver..). That's just being smart.

He's the same with the refs and the league. He knows how to put pressure and get his way. If he was on my squad, I'd sure as hell want him doing that.

nastynice
01-25-2017, 02:08 AM
But like others have said, the roster constraints exist mostly because of LeBron and his lobbying for questionable contributors like JR Smith and Tristan Thompson.

Pretty much this (tho I think TT is a stud)

LA_Raiders
01-25-2017, 02:10 AM
May be he should ask for a Melo trade. crybron

nastynice
01-25-2017, 02:14 AM

The Cavs are a very good team. This stint is very different than his first one in cleveland, the fo has made some real good moves, jr smith, shump, mozgov, RJ, these were all very good moves, and these are all players capable of helping a team win a ring. Take Curry off of last year's warriors and take Lebron off the Cavs, there's not some type of huge discrepancy there. Draymond, Klay, Iggy, Bogut, Livingston, compare that to Kyrie, Love, JR Smith, RJ, TT. Outside of Draymond being the x factor stud that he is, you're looking at some pretty similar type of talent level

Lebron has been on a top 3 talented team for seven years straight. The whole "no team around him" line is pretty much dead at this point

More-Than-Most
01-25-2017, 02:23 AM
If they needed another playmaker, they should have traded Love for Carmelo, tbh. LeBron runs the show in Cleveland. No trade gets passed without his approval.. I think we all know that regardless of what's being said. The simple fact is, Cleveland is losing because Love has sucked hard lately. Against the Spurs, he missed so many blank shots that would have put Cleveland ahead or at least tied the game. It was terrible. I wish they would make the trade for Melo. Gives them more athleticism, better scorer, better playmaker, and clearly a much better team when going up against the Warriors. Love has not done well against the Warriors at all.

Melo is furthest from the thing they need... He is a scorer but not a play maker... Giving him up would mean losing love whom is a better defender/rebounder and player at this point in their careers... They need an actual PG... Lebron is playing like a PG and that is a good thing but he is doing it a ton and its over kill and outside of the big 3 nobody else passes... He is strictly referring to a playmaker in that way and not we need another superstar.

More-Than-Most
01-25-2017, 02:27 AM
The Cavs are a very good team. This stint is very different than his first one in cleveland, the fo has made some real good moves, jr smith, shump, mozgov, RJ, these were all very good moves, and these are all players capable of helping a team win a ring. Take Curry off of last year's warriors and take Lebron off the Cavs, there's not some type of huge discrepancy there. Draymond, Klay, Iggy, Bogut, Livingston, compare that to Kyrie, Love, JR Smith, RJ, TT. Outside of Draymond being the x factor stud that he is, you're looking at some pretty similar type of talent level

Lebron has been on a top 3 talented team for seven years straight. The whole "no team around him" line is pretty much dead at this point

Its like you didnt even read it man lol... Lebron has a team NOW... Durant has had a team his entire career.... Curry has been in the league and is still in diapers and has one of the best teams ever.... That is something lebron was not gifted with for years and had an owner who used his talent and name to fill the arena and provided no help and made him shoulder a load no other player has.... That forced him to play GM and now he is what he is.. He has a team... You take curry off the warriors last year they still win alot more games than a lebronless cavs win by quite a large stretch... Now curry is on a team where if you took him off said team they still win 60 games... This cavs team is great and without lebron they probably wouldnt win 40 games.

nastynice
01-25-2017, 02:41 AM
Its like you didnt even read it man lol... Lebron has a team NOW... Durant has had a team his entire career.... Curry has been in the league and is still in diapers and has one of the best teams ever.... That is something lebron was not gifted with for years and had an owner who used his talent and name to fill the arena and provided no help and made him shoulder a load no other player has.... That forced him to play GM and now he is what he is.. He has a team... You take curry off the warriors last year they still win alot more games than a lebronless cavs win by quite a large stretch... Now curry is on a team where if you took him off said team they still win 60 games... This cavs team is great and without lebron they probably wouldnt win 40 games.

I don't know about this whole 60 wins 40 wins thing, but I know if you look at the rosters across the board there isn't any type of dramatic difference in what type of talent they are playing with. Warriors are definitely the most talented team in the league right now, but cavs are right behind

More-Than-Most
01-25-2017, 03:02 AM
I don't know about this whole 60 wins 40 wins thing, but I know if you look at the rosters across the board there isn't any type of dramatic difference in what type of talent they are playing with. Warriors are definitely the most talented team in the league right now, but cavs are right behind

How many games do the cavs win in a 7 game series if you took curry and lebron off? The warriors would probably sweep them.... I am not sure that cavs team without Lebron could beat the clippers/rockets/Thunder let alone the spur/warriors/raptors/celtics.... Curry is a damn important cog in a machine where lebron is the machine.... The warriors were the best team 2 years ago... They were the better team last year and they are by far the best team now.... The cavs won.. I get it but that doesnt mean they are the more talented and or best team... That means they won a 7 game series and a ton of the right things went their way... Lebron isnt going to have the finals he had last year... Kyrie isnt going to have the finals he had last year... the warriors now have durant a top 3 player in the sport where the cavs have Korver so they will need love to be kevin love to really off set some of the things that they over achieved in the finals last year and I am not sure even that will be enough.

I love lebron but i am not sure they are even the 2nd best team.. I personally think its

Warriors

Spurs

Cavs/Raptors.

Rockets/Clippers/Celtics

A ton of people **** on the raptors but a healthy raptors team takes the cavs to possibly 7 last year where their star players really underachieved.

Again the cavs won the title and that is amazing and deserved but lets not act like every single thing didnt go their way... the stars aligned... The warriors added durant to be that alignment buster... A miracle lightning strike twice needs to happen and a 2 way badass like Durant might be enough to even stop a miracle from happening... I hate Durant but lets be real.

More-Than-Most
01-25-2017, 03:04 AM
FML I am arguing for the warriors again.... ima go eat a bullet bbl.

europagnpilgrim
01-25-2017, 03:25 AM
Melo is furthest from the thing they need... He is a scorer but not a play maker... Giving him up would mean losing love whom is a better defender/rebounder and player at this point in their careers... They need an actual PG... Lebron is playing like a PG and that is a good thing but he is doing it a ton and its over kill and outside of the big 3 nobody else passes... He is strictly referring to a playmaker in that way and not we need another superstar.

Getting a bucket/scoring is part of being a playmaker, not someone who just will over pass like a Rondo, not saying Melo is the answer but he could carry a 2nd unit way better than Love if Irving/Lebron are resting on the bench, easily better

plus a combo of Melo/Irving or Lebron is way more deadly as far as getting buckets because no matter what people say its always going to come down to scoring more points than the opponent, not getting more stops and since neither Melo or Love play top flight defense it could happen but probably wont since Love is younger

Cleveland should have re upped with Mozgov and had Tristan be the PF/C then that Love for Melo would look more feasible to happen and a lineup of Tristan or Mozgov with Melo/Korver/Irving/Lebron for stretches would be lethal since Lebron can actually play the 4 spot in small ball and not really be small, PowerPG with those shooters around, Melo is a better catch and shoot option than Love and I am not talking about percentages, just pure natural ability eye test

I think Lebron means both, rather it be a superstar or not but it wouldn't hurt if that playmaker came in the form of a fringe allstar or all nba caliber, the Warriors are super top heavy and Cavs are one player away from where they are currently when comparing the teams because both have a suspect bench but Warriors can leave in 2 of its all nba players at same time and just continue to rotate 2 in and 2 out, which is something Cleveland cant do since Love isn't that reliable outside of getting wide open 3's and an occasional post up here and there to go in

I still think all this Melo trade talk is just annual ny media hype and they had to turn it up another notch and have all this extra stuff added to make it look more real to keep the rumor mill on fire, especially since the deadline is coming up faster than we know it and the Knicks are in a major funk as of late

if the Cavs somehow got a chance to get Melo for peanuts then we would see Olympic style Melo which we all know is dynamite and a team player, especially effort wise on both sides of the ball

More-Than-Most
01-25-2017, 03:37 AM
except love is a better player... he just is... he is a more efficient player... better rebounder and better at defense.... why would the cavs give up the better player for a worse player when they are trying to add something else to make them better?

nastynice
01-25-2017, 04:15 AM
How many games do the cavs win in a 7 game series if you took curry and lebron off? The warriors would probably sweep them.... I am not sure that cavs team without Lebron could beat the clippers/rockets/Thunder let alone the spur/warriors/raptors/celtics.... Curry is a damn important cog in a machine where lebron is the machine.... The warriors were the best team 2 years ago... They were the better team last year and they are by far the best team now.... The cavs won.. I get it but that doesnt mean they are the more talented and or best team... That means they won a 7 game series and a ton of the right things went their way... Lebron isnt going to have the finals he had last year... Kyrie isnt going to have the finals he had last year... the warriors now have durant a top 3 player in the sport where the cavs have Korver so they will need love to be kevin love to really off set some of the things that they over achieved in the finals last year and I am not sure even that will be enough.

I love lebron but i am not sure they are even the 2nd best team.. I personally think its

Warriors

Spurs

Cavs/Raptors.

Rockets/Clippers/Celtics

A ton of people **** on the raptors but a healthy raptors team takes the cavs to possibly 7 last year where their star players really underachieved.

Again the cavs won the title and that is amazing and deserved but lets not act like every single thing didnt go their way... the stars aligned... The warriors added durant to be that alignment buster... A miracle lightning strike twice needs to happen and a 2 way badass like Durant might be enough to even stop a miracle from happening... I hate Durant but lets be real.

Oh, I'm very aware that the warriors are the most stacked team, and were the best team last year. Doesn't change the fact that the Cavs are a complete team (minus a ball handler) with plenty of talent. My whole point is that the idea that lebron has no team around him is dead at his point. His first stint in Cleveland, yes, very fair argument. I'm not saying otherwise. But since Miami, he's been on some very talented teams.

No way last year's warriors minus curry sweeps Cavs minus lebron

Giannis94
01-25-2017, 05:36 AM
My point was not that it was okay ... His passive aggressive BS is why I think he's a bad person. It's just not going to change LeBron or his rabid fans opinions.

Understood. Interpreted it wrong

More-Than-Most
01-25-2017, 05:41 AM
Oh, I'm very aware that the warriors are the most stacked team, and were the best team last year. Doesn't change the fact that the Cavs are a complete team (minus a ball handler) with plenty of talent. My whole point is that the idea that lebron has no team around him is dead at his point. His first stint in Cleveland, yes, very fair argument. I'm not saying otherwise. But since Miami, he's been on some very talented teams.

No way last year's warriors minus curry sweeps Cavs minus lebron

oh yea agreed no doubt... once he went to the heat the lack of talent excuse was out the window.... he has plenty of talent now as well i just think the warriors and spurs are by far the better teams,

Scoots
01-25-2017, 08:52 AM
Rondo might be available soon :)

Lil Rhody
01-25-2017, 09:09 AM
This is amazing

Giannis94
01-25-2017, 09:14 AM
FML I am arguing for the warriors again.... ima go eat a bullet bbl.
U should argue for the Bucks instead of the fighting Oden Jrs. Just sayin

SteBO
01-25-2017, 09:22 AM
4-18 record without LeBron playing in the regular season. The roster is built to compliment his skill set. He's the foundation. You take away that foundation, everything falls apart.

Clint Olbrock
01-25-2017, 09:24 AM
U should argue for the Bucks instead of the fighting Oden Jrs. Just sayin

The Bucks are an under .500 team currently, there is no one outside of you fighting for them to get to the finals/win a chip this season.

Giannis94
01-25-2017, 09:50 AM
The Bucks are an under .500 team currently, there is no one outside of you fighting for them to get to the finals/win a chip this season.

And we get the best acquisition at the deadline. I honestly think that Middleton could be the difference maker vs SPAK and crew.

ewing
01-25-2017, 09:54 AM
I looked up perseverance in the dictionary and saw a picture of this guy. Inspirational!

Clint Olbrock
01-25-2017, 10:03 AM
And we get the best acquisition at the deadline. I honestly think that Middleton could be the difference maker vs SPAK and crew.

If the Bucks don't even qualify for the playoffs how is all this narrative you've been pushing going to happen exactly?

Giannis94
01-25-2017, 10:11 AM
If the Bucks don't even qualify for the playoffs how is all this narrative you've been pushing going to happen exactly?
Honestly? It makes my narrative tougher to accomplish this season. But long term? It will happen. We got the new arena (thank you giannis and Gov. Scott Walker) so I'm just happy we're not the seattle bucks.

Clint Olbrock
01-25-2017, 10:33 AM
Honestly? It makes my narrative tougher to accomplish this season. But long term? It will happen. We got the new arena (thank you giannis and Gov. Scott Walker) so I'm just happy we're not the seattle bucks.

Ah, okay. I thought you were meaning this very season all you speak of was going to take place, if you mean more long term then possibly, makes it more plausible.

Giannis94
01-25-2017, 10:38 AM
Ah, okay. I thought you were meaning this very season all you speak of was going to take place, if you mean more long term then possibly, makes it more plausible.

I just hate Gilbert, Lebron, and the cynical nature of the fanbase literally going from rioting to "oh Lebron, save us, for we have done no wrong". if you guys were 80-2 with Wiggins, Kyrie and Bennett I would be cheering for you.

Clint Olbrock
01-25-2017, 11:18 AM
I just hate Gilbert, Lebron, and the cynical nature of the fanbase literally going from rioting to "oh Lebron, save us, for we have done no wrong". if you guys were 80-2 with Wiggins, Kyrie and Bennett I would be cheering for you.

I personally see no reason to hate Gilbert, maybe for the letter but it was nice from my perspective that the owner took it that personal about losing his star.. It was a bit unprofessional but it really at the time helped the fans, IMO. As far as spending he is one of the best owners in the NBA about not caring how high the price goes, he never really has cared, I guess that can make fans of other teams who have a penny pincher owner jealous but I don't think that would warrant hate.

I'm not a LeBron guy, I hated the heat all 4 years he was there, I was overjoyed the 1st season we beat him once he left with basically nothing on our roster. I can't still hate the guy after he returned AND won the Cavs a title, there would be no logic behind that. I'll never trust the guy though, if some deal comes up that will suite him better than the Cavs than I fully expect him to walk to another team, I doubt that happens but it very well could.

I never owned a LBJ jersey the most I had was some "witness" gear and I just stopped wearing it and either donated it or if too worn just threw it away, I never burned anything but just like the letter, I don't blame people for burning his stuff, it's just emotions running high and in the heat of the moment, the dude went on national tv and made the franchise/city/state look like idiots.. The heat only had him for 4 years and you had copy cats burning his stuff when he left them in a much nicer fashion, he obviously accomplished more there so I can see the ties but Pat reacted just as childish as Gilbert, it was just less publicized.

As far as our team before LBJ returned.. We did have to trade Zeller and Karasev to clear salary to sign him but Karasev is out of the league and Zeller hasn't did anything great down in Boston. LBJ for sure didn't give Bennett or Wiggins a chance but again, Bennett is out of the league and Wiggins still has a long way to go before he can contribute to a title. We only gave Waiters a half season before he was just thinking he was on the same level as LBJ which is just toxic to a championship team. Also in the summer Hopson and Felix were traded, but neither are in the league anymore either.

We did ship out a lot of young talent but we still have Kyrie and TT on long term deals, we still hold the rights to Osman and SDP.. We also have Felder but he's not showed much.. Ultimately we traded youth for a chance at a title and it worked, we achieved our goal, so all that youth and what ifs don't really matter. Our long term future may not look great once LBJ retires or leaves again but for the time being, it's what we were going for, win now mode.

ManRam
01-25-2017, 11:33 AM
I think it's hilarious how upset people are that LeBron sees what weaknesses exist on this team and expressed a hope that the team is improved upon.

This is, as usual, nothing worth of 110+ posts on this forum. :yawn:

kdspurman
01-25-2017, 11:47 AM
I think it's hilarious how upset people are that LeBron sees what weaknesses exist on this team and expressed a hope that the team is improved upon.

This is, as usual, nothing worth of 110+ posts on this forum. :yawn:

Idk if people are upset really. It's more about this being the team Lebron wanted and put together essentially. They're in a bit of a funk and he's calling out his front office to make changes to a team he wanted.

It's more ironic than anything.

tredigs
01-25-2017, 11:53 AM
LOL...all of this stuff you posted above is meaningless.

Meanwhile Draymond is continuously doing much worse, runs his mouth a lot more, and you defend him all day long.

Double standard here Trey? Be honest.

How is any of that meaningless lol? It is all DIRECTLY related. Draymond doing much worse? How, to who? I know on the court he's leaving his fullest out there every night on both ends as a major cog of the offense and arguably the best defender in the NBA right now, and I sure as hell never see him run and ***** to the media about his teammates. He had an issue with his friend KD about a particular play a month ago, and he aired that grievance with HIM right then and there as the game was going on. KD ackownwdged, they shook, the team went on with the issue resolved.

Give me that leadership 100 times out of 100 over LBJ throwing his teammates AND general management simultaneously under the bus to the press while simultaneously A) not acknowledging his role in why the roster is what it is and B) outright admitting it's not easy to find and that he had no idea how they will do so.

He's insufferable.

tredigs
01-25-2017, 11:56 AM
Idk if people are upset really. It's more about this being the team Lebron wanted and put together essentially. They're in a bit of a funk and he's calling out his front office to make changes to a team he wanted.

Exactly. It's an issue of, "huh? Please Stfu and look in the mirror from time to time when things don't go your way Lebron".

cmellofan15
01-25-2017, 11:57 AM
Find where I said that

The dude is an incessant troll... he's probably just making up facts again and will later say "oh I didn't realize...."

ewing
01-25-2017, 12:02 PM
Exactly. It's an issue of, "huh? Please Stfu and look in the mirror from time to time when things don't go your way Lebron".

Bingo. You just won an NBA championship with this team. Have some loyalty (at least publicly) STFU and go win some games.

Heediot
01-25-2017, 12:23 PM

ding ding ding.... there it is. they will sign rondo and Chalmers soon time.

kdspurman
01-25-2017, 12:34 PM
How is any of that meaningless lol? It is all DIRECTLY related. Draymond doing much worse? How, to who? I know on the court he's leaving his fullest out there every night on both ends as a major cog of the offense and arguably the best defender in the NBA right now, and I sure as hell never see him run and ***** to the media about his teammates. He had an issue with his friend KD about a particular play a month ago, and he aired that grievance with HIM right then and there as the game was going on. KD ackownwdged, they shook, the team went on with the issue resolved.

Give me that leadership 100 times out of 100 over LBJ throwing his teammates AND general management simultaneously under the bus to the press while simultaneously A) not acknowledging his role in why the roster is what it is and B) outright admitting it's not easy to find and that he had no idea how they will do so.

He's insufferable.

Was never a fan of guys throwing players or coaches under the bus publicly. Not good leadership at all. Especially when Lebron has been a bit sloppy as of late too, turnover wise.

Clint Olbrock
01-25-2017, 01:03 PM
ding ding ding.... there it is. they will sign rondo and Chalmers soon time.
Don't think you need both.. One or the other.

Center is still a very real need.

Chronz
01-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Yeah you guys got a different message than i did. Dude just wants someone to run the second unit so he n Kyrie aren't the only initiators. Like a Ramon sessions

Heediot
01-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Don't think you need both.. One or the other.

Center is still a very real need.

Chalmers is more of a shooter vs. Play maker, they might just sign him up as James likes to play with his broskis. Not too sure if they are willing to lose your rookie pg in the process though, so that may be the road block for Chalmers.

tredigs
01-25-2017, 01:59 PM
Yeah you guys got a different message than i did. Dude just wants someone to run the second unit so he n Kyrie aren't the only initiators. Like a Ramon sessions

Ah. Like a Delladova maybe? Prob shouldn't have wished him well in his way out the front door minutes after his offer sheet from the Bucks was made them I suppose. A sheet the Cavs could have matched, but GM Bron had big plans on saving that cash for his buddy JR (who netted a bigger contract), so he made the executive decision to let the backup PG go. Now he is *****img about not having a backup PG to the press while throwing everybody under the bus. You don't see the issue here?

Bostonjorge
01-25-2017, 02:02 PM
Lebron just planted the seeds to leave Cleveland for the next super stacked team.

mia1619
01-25-2017, 02:06 PM
I can guarantee you this is either a ploy to try to get one of Melo/Wade or they will sign Chalmers.

SteBO
01-25-2017, 02:27 PM
Ah. Like a Delladova maybe? Prob shouldn't have wished him well in his way out the front door minutes after his offer sheet from the Bucks was made them I suppose. A sheet the Cavs could have matched, but GM Bron had big plans on saving that cash for his buddy JR (who netted a bigger contract), so he made the executive decision to let the backup PG go. Now he is *****img about not having a backup PG to the press while throwing everybody under the bus. You don't see the issue here?
I just don't see how LeBron can claim the Cavs front office is "resting on their laurels", when they're one of only a few teams to have actually make a trade to help them with Kyle Korver after JR Smith got hurt. On top of that, were still a bit a way from the trade deadline. I just wish he'd let David Griffin do his job. He's made the moves to help them win a title, why the distrust all of a sudden?

Scoots
01-25-2017, 02:27 PM

.221 behind the Cavs.

Scoots
01-25-2017, 02:29 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2017/01/25/5-moves-the-cavaliers-could-make-right-now-to-make-lebron-james-happy/97034166/

Chronz
01-25-2017, 03:02 PM

So assuming you're correct. Bron can't ask for a backup pg because he didn't want Delly back? Like forever, or does he eventually reach a point where it's ok to you, that he gets a backup pg. The one he's been asking for since Delly left. Also do we really know how Bron and delly felt about the departure?

ewing
01-25-2017, 03:18 PM
So assuming you're correct. Bron can't ask for a backup pg because he didn't want Delly back? Like forever, or does he eventually reach a point where it's ok to you, that he gets a backup pg. The one he's been asking for since Delly left. Also do we really know how Bron and delly felt about the departure?

No he can't. Shut up and play!

Hawkeye15
01-25-2017, 03:24 PM

while your message is true, who the hell matches nearly $10 million a year for Delly?

I guess the same team that gave $13 million a year to chucker supreme JR..

Chronz
01-25-2017, 03:27 PM
No he can't. Shut up and play!
Sure he can and it's because of his play.

tredigs
01-25-2017, 03:34 PM

Sort of loses that right to ***** to the media the same season, specifically since it's not the deadline yet. And as he said, he has no idea who to get or how to get them. It's just noise. He needs to do what he can with his championship level 1st place roster and talk to the other GM personally if he has issues with his own off season decisions... would be my recommendation. As is he comes off as a whining punk.

Hawkeye15
01-25-2017, 03:35 PM
Sort of loses that right to ***** to the media the same season, specifically since it's not the deadline yet. And as he said, he has no idea who to get or how to get them. It's just noise. He needs to do what he can with his championship level 1st place roster and talk to the other GM personally if he has issues with his own off season decisions... would be my recommendation. As is he comes off as a whining punk.

LeBron's biggest issue, to me, is no matter what he says, he always seems to come off as a victim, even when he is trying to make a valid point. It's just in his nature..

RowBTrice
01-25-2017, 03:49 PM
He's such a crybaby *****. And what horrible "leadership" and maturity displayed.........I'm so tired of this guy. All he does is want more, want more, want more. Yet, they don't have a rival in the NBA because the whole league is beneath him. Give me a break....

ballallday
01-25-2017, 05:52 PM
He's such a crybaby *****. And what horrible "leadership" and maturity displayed.........I'm so tired of this guy. All he does is want more, want more, want more. Yet, they don't have a rival in the NBA because the whole league is beneath him. Give me a break....

+1

If he just cried like a little b behind closed doors to his managers no one would that he is a loser and all would be well. This guy has a real problem managing his brand and thinks he knows better then he does. His ego is getting the best of him and he should have people to tell him not to say stuff like this out loud.

Lebron says stupid stuff to the media and lets fans have a negative view of him all the time. To anyone who likes Lebron what more do you need to see / hear from this guy to make you think he's not likeable or a dick? Someone made a thread a week/few weeks back about liking lebron, isn't this enough to see he's not likeable?

europagnpilgrim
01-25-2017, 06:38 PM
+1

If he just cried like a little b behind closed doors to his managers no one would that he is a loser and all would be well. This guy has a real problem managing his brand and thinks he knows better then he does. His ego is getting the best of him and he should have people to tell him not to say stuff like this out loud.

Lebron says stupid stuff to the media and lets fans have a negative view of him all the time. To anyone who likes Lebron what more do you need to see / hear from this guy to make you think he's not likeable or a dick? Someone made a thread a week/few weeks back about liking lebron, isn't this enough to see he's not likeable?

+2, but on the flip side the guy was on the cover of Sports Ilustrated at what age 17 or something like that? he has been pampered his entire life, I saw somewhere where he tried to enter the nba after his Junior season of HS and he had a hummer in HS so he was pampered by the vultures at a early age who knew what he would become and it hindered his growth as far as being a leader or whatever you want to call it because everybody catered to him rather it was helpful or detrimental, which in all reality its both combined and this is what you have today many years later since we all know Gilbert is his nba daddy who spoils his child, Riley was the stricter daddy but he still catered the team to his abilities, its the reason why Lebron said playing in Miami was like going to college because he learned how to be a little more professional there for 4years until he went back to his old habits back to Cleveland, and we all know old habits are hard to break

europagnpilgrim
01-25-2017, 06:50 PM
except love is a better player... he just is... he is a more efficient player... better rebounder and better at defense.... why would the cavs give up the better player for a worse player when they are trying to add something else to make them better?

Love is younger, he is not a better defender its a wash if anything, more efficient doesn't mean he is better and doesn't mean jack come playoff time, its can you get buckets in crucial moments and Melo fits the bill better than Love

we would never hear can Melo get his against the Warriors while Love showed he really doesn't fit at all on the court against the Warriors for the most part

if Lebron could reverse time they would have kept Mozgov/Delly and he would rather have Melo since TT can play the 4 spot and so can Lebron when they go small, they should have flipped Wiggins for Melo

Melo always been better, took his team to playoffs rookie year out West while Love couldn't even come close and both were drafted by bottom feeders out West basically, like I said Love is younger age wise but was never better than Melo, especially when looking at it from beginning to now, not just the past couple years when Love finally makes a playoff series/Finals because of Lebron

ewing
01-25-2017, 07:11 PM
Sure he can and it's because of his play.

of course can be a douche b/c he is LeBron that doesn't we should applaud

Supreme LA
01-25-2017, 07:47 PM
LeBron's biggest issue, to me, is no matter what he says, he always seems to come off as a victim, even when he is trying to make a valid point. It's just in his nature..

This is so true.

I really don't see what more he needs? I mean seriously, this guy literally ensures he has the most stacked team to win a chip and if he doesn't he either colludes with friends to form one or whines like a baby.

europagnpilgrim
01-25-2017, 08:23 PM
This is so true.

I really don't see what more he needs? I mean seriously, this guy literally ensures he has the most stacked team to win a chip and if he doesn't he either colludes with friends to form one or whines like a baby.

I feel like Lebron went thru the growing pains and then saw how he got eliminated by a more stacked team in Boston during his first stint there and put one together himself with Wade/Riley, his 07' team wasn't stacked that went to the Finals neither was his other teams that were so called contenders out East, then after 7 years he learned his lesson and is just doing what others have, I call that progress and using player power

now if he chooses to abuse it then that's on him but don't act like he didn't go thru the stage of carrying a non stacked team as far as he was capable, now that he is on the wrong side of 30 he needs a more stacked team, nothing new under the sun

Jordan didn't win until his team was stacked and the other dynasty type stacked teams fell off big time

the Cavs don't really have much of a big time bench so a playmaker is not that big of a deal that's needed

you make it seem like he colluded day one when he entered the league, which I am sure he could have if he wanted the Lakers or a strong contending team but he chose to play for the bottom feed team that drafted him for 7yrs, you guys have to look at the entire picture from beginning to now and not just since 11' season where he so called colluded or whatever you want to call it, he didn't demand a trade from Cleveland first time around he just exercised his free agency rights like KD/Shaq and whoever else has done the same

ewing
01-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Seriously Jordan didn't win til he had Paxson, Crightwright, Stacy King, Will Perdue... the list goes on

Giannis94
01-25-2017, 09:32 PM
Seriously Jordan didn't win til he had Paxson, Crightwright, Stack King, Will Perdue... the list goes on

So you're saying Jordan's team made him and thst he is overrated? I can see that

More-Than-Most
01-25-2017, 10:22 PM
So you're saying Jordan's team made him and thst he is overrated? I can see that

i am saying it... he is amazing but he couldnt win till he had one of the best teams ever. people just see 6 for 6 and think its all jordan.

ewing
01-25-2017, 10:26 PM
i am saying it... he is amazing but he couldnt win till he had one of the best teams ever. people just see 6 for 6 and think its all jordan.

i know in 1990 Scottie Pippen was b/t 4th and 6th best forward in the East! Horce was top 10, i think. Its not like the they were great because of MJ. you say it MTM

Giannis94
01-25-2017, 10:33 PM

You think of I created a thread asking who is more overrated between LBJ and Mj, that I would get banned? I have a group of h8ers after me so its a risky proposition

ewing
01-25-2017, 10:37 PM
You think of I created a thread asking who is more overrated between LBJ and Mj, that I would get banned? I have a group of h8ers after me so its a risky proposition

Giannis or MJ?

lol, please
01-25-2017, 10:38 PM
Anyone else confused by these comments? If he was not declining, why would he say this? I think someone in the GT last night said Lebron is just not caring or trying. Well it appears based on his comments they were trying.

Imagine if they were in the west and were getting worked every night.

Link (http://prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=451405)

Translation: "I need an alpha star player or two to carry me to a championship because I am not on that top tier of elite that can do it on his own".

Giannis94
01-25-2017, 11:03 PM
Translation: "I need an alpha star player or two to carry me to a championship because I am not on that top tier of elite that can do it on his own".
As much as we go at each other, whole-heartedly agree.

ldawg
01-25-2017, 11:04 PM
This is shocking on how important JR Smith is to Cavs.

Giannis94
01-25-2017, 11:10 PM
Giannis or MJ?

I mean, you can post it and I will post my argument.

europagnpilgrim
01-25-2017, 11:55 PM
I mean, you can post it and I will post my argument.

for what? his height and wingspan advantage over Jordan?

europagnpilgrim
01-25-2017, 11:57 PM
Seriously Jordan didn't win til he had Paxson, Crightwright, Stacy King, Will Perdue... the list goes on

I think prior to joining the Bulls Cartwright was putting up 20 and 9 and just focused on defense more so and being the 4th option when he joined Jordan and co.

20 and 9 in todays game gets you 115million dollar contract

Giannis94
01-26-2017, 12:06 AM
for what? his height and wingspan advantage over Jordan?

I'm not posting spoilers

Jamiecballer
01-26-2017, 12:07 AM
This guy gets it. Seems like very few took the time to read or watch the clip that this story is derived from.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

europagnpilgrim
01-26-2017, 12:19 AM

Let Curry go to Charlotte and they get rid of Walker(but keep same roster as now) and I am pretty sure he would be singing this same quote, no Irving and Love and no major injuries to his core and they win the title, next Finals they lose Green(1game)/Bogut while up 3-1 and the back to back league MVP blows the lead and somehow lures the alpha dog from OKC to team up with him after they came back from a 3-1 deficit, birds of a feather flock together I guess

Curry came out of nowhere with his superstar status after being ankle riddled for first few seasons, Lebron was the chosen one pre nba and had the pressure on him day 1 to deliver or at least live up to the nba hyping him to be the next Magic/Jordan combined, big difference in my bball book right there

europagnpilgrim
01-26-2017, 12:22 AM
I'm not posting spoilers

well that would be the only argument you can really have

or you could really throw a wrench in it and argue over who has the better name, GreekFreak vs. Air Jordan, now that would be a good debate right there since both are cool names

europagnpilgrim
01-26-2017, 12:25 AM
This is shocking on how important JR Smith is to Cavs.

a sniper who plays defense(effort wise) and isn't scared and athletic is a very vital piece to a Lebron type team, he is just a different version of Battier, more athletic but not as sound a defender but brings tenacity and a little bit shorter in height

Lebron loves those type of players

ewing
01-26-2017, 07:12 AM
I think prior to joining the Bulls Cartwright was putting up 20 and 9 and just focused on defense more so and being the 4th option when he joined Jordan and co.

20 and 9 in todays game gets you 115million dollar contract

He averaged 20 in 1980. In 1990 though you could rank him as high as the 5th best center in the East!!!!! (Ewing, Brad, Smits, Parish.... Crightwright and all the other solid non star centers). Maybe you think he was better then James Edwards but we can agree to disagree K? Of course if we consider Lamibeer and McHale center eligible he slips further but still top 10 in his conf. Sorry Bill made the Bulls stacked then the way Robin Lopez does now.

Vinylman
01-26-2017, 09:50 AM

I don't think they can fit him into the TPE ... can they ?

Vinylman
01-26-2017, 09:55 AM

It is not just that... he is also setting himself up to say "I told you so" if they don't win it this year.

For a guy that is so calculated in general it is surprising he was so easily gaslighted by a reporters question. That is what makes me believe my prior comment is his motivation.

Giannis94
01-26-2017, 09:56 AM
I don't think they can fit him into the TPE ... can they ?

I think Rondo would be counter-productive from a chemistry stand point. Wheres the last team that he went and didn't have stuff leaked? Forst few years in Boston, but even thst ended pporly IIRC

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Biggest TPE Cavs have is the AV TPE of $4.3M. Rondo making $14M. So when Rondo's name tossed around its wishful thinking of a possible buyout.

KnickNyKnick
01-26-2017, 11:45 AM
Considering what it took to beat GS last season, LBJ has a point. Not sure if its possible this season with some sort of tweak. GS picked up KD!! lol

Pierzynski4Prez
01-26-2017, 12:22 PM
He averaged 20 in 1980. In 1990 though you could rank him as high as the 5th best center in the East!!!!! (Ewing, Brad, Smits, Parish.... Crightwright and all the other solid non star centers). Maybe you think he was better then James Edwards but we can agree to disagree K? Of course if we consider Lamibeer and McHale center eligible he slips further but still top 10 in his conf. Sorry Bill made the Bulls stacked then the way Robin Lopez does now.

Well top 10 in a conference of 13 teams isn't all that much to brag about. Maybe if you're on the Knicks it is. I wouldn't include McHale in the C category though, but don't sleep on Rony Seikaly. Cartwright was on the vast decline at the start of Jordan's 1st 3 peat. Let's not act like he was this huge catalyst on these runs. He averaged 9/5 while he was here on some pretty poor shooting for a C.

I know that some people just can't fathom Jordan being the best and acknowledging it, but there's much better things you could point to (such as Horace) than Bill ****ing Cartwright. .

Hawkeye15
01-26-2017, 12:24 PM
This is so true.

I don't think his team is anywhere near as stacked at GS, but it doesn't need to be. Again, when you form a team via FA, and force a trade, you are gutting the team, hence, it's top heavy, and you rely on a ton of role players.

They do need a good backup PG. Oh well, they let Delly walk to re-sign chucker McGee JR to a huge deal. Tough cookies, deal with it..

Hawkeye15
01-26-2017, 12:25 PM
It is not just that... he is also setting himself up to say "I told you so" if they don't win it this year.

For a guy that is so calculated in general it is surprising he was so easily gaslighted by a reporters question. That is what makes me believe my prior comment is his motivation.

He has always been like that though. Victim mentality. He really should just shut up most the time, nothing he says comes out right.

Right way: "We have a few adjustments to make, we need some more playmaking and consistency with the 3 of us resting, we just need to find a way to get there".

Wrong way: "I need a guy who can dribble and score points so I can rest more, waaah".

Big Zo
01-26-2017, 12:40 PM
LeBron and Wade are both unhappy, and will come back to Miami next season. Book it.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2017, 12:43 PM

when was Cartwright the 5th best center in the east? Bill was there for defensive purposes.

PayDaPiper
01-26-2017, 12:50 PM
LeBron and Wade are both unhappy, and will come back to Miami next season. Book it.

Except Lebron signed a 3 year deal with an option for the third, he is stuck in "the land" for another year

Vinylman
01-26-2017, 12:57 PM
when was Cartwright the 5th best center in the east? Bill was there for defensive purposes.

revisionist history on internet boards is always entertaining...

As you said, Cartwright was a role player added to anchor the D... nothing more nothing less

Hawkeye15
01-26-2017, 01:09 PM
revisionist history on internet boards is always entertaining...

As you said, Cartwright was a role player added to anchor the D... nothing more nothing less

he was literally added to defend opposing centers, since it was his niche. He wasn't even a plus offensive player, and was taken out of games against teams without scoring centers, for the likes of Stacey King, Bill Wennington, and Will Perdue..

Prior to his Bulls days, he was a pretty good center for the Knicks, before Ewing took his spot. I remember that he was a big part of getting Ewing ready so quickly, as he was a good defender in practice.

Vinylman
01-26-2017, 01:14 PM
he was literally added to defend opposing centers, since it was his niche. He wasn't even a plus offensive player, and was taken out of games against teams without scoring centers, for the likes of Stacey King, Bill Wennington, and Will Perdue..

Prior to his Bulls days, he was a pretty good center for the Knicks, before Ewing took his spot. I remember that he was a big part of getting Ewing ready so quickly, as he was a good defender in practice.

yep... he was always decent... never elite and was basically signed to deal with Detroits frontcourt and Boston to a lesser extent.

LA4life24/8
01-26-2017, 01:19 PM
So if the cavs don't win the chip this year is it gonna be a valid excuse to lebron and fans that... "well we didnt have a bakcup point guard, thats why we didnt win" wah wah wah...

archdevil84
01-26-2017, 01:44 PM

haha yes sir! bring back ray and battier from retirement and allow bosh to return on his own pace. resign rio and construct the team around them. heat 2018 champs!

Giannis94
01-26-2017, 01:54 PM
haha yes sir! bring back ray and battier from retirement and allow bosh to return on his own pace. resign rio and construct the team around them. heat 2018 champs!

I'd bet the heat change their jerseys to get a revenue surge

Scoots
01-26-2017, 02:15 PM

Dude you kill me. You nail the tone almost every time. Literally LOL. Thanks.

ewing
01-26-2017, 02:34 PM
Dude you kill me. You nail the tone almost every time. Literally LOL. Thanks.

the funny thing is even though i hate LeBron I recognize that he is an all time great. He just isn't the Babe Ruth of basketball. There was only one

ewing
01-26-2017, 02:37 PM
Well top 10 in a conference of 13 teams isn't all that much to brag about. Maybe if you're on the Knicks it is. I wouldn't include McHale in the C category though, but don't sleep on Rony Seikaly. Cartwright was on the vast decline at the start of Jordan's 1st 3 peat. Let's not act like he was this huge catalyst on these runs. He averaged 9/5 while he was here on some pretty poor shooting for a C.

I know that some people just can't fathom Jordan being the best and acknowledging it, but there's much better things you could point to (such as Horace) than Bill ****ing Cartwright. .

you missed the sarcasm. I did forgot about the Ronny though and honestly didn't even think he was in the league yet(i just checked :). Good catch

Hawkeye15
01-26-2017, 02:40 PM
you missed the sarcasm

I loved Bill's form on his shot. I copied it in pickup games for like a year when I was 15

ewing
01-26-2017, 02:41 PM
I loved Bill's form on his shot. I copied it in pickup games for like a year when I was 15

you must of sucked :laugh:

Hawkeye15
01-26-2017, 03:02 PM
you must of sucked :laugh:

yeah I didn't win many games copying Bill

Clint Olbrock
01-26-2017, 03:09 PM

For a penny pincher owner? Doubt it.

Big Zo
01-26-2017, 03:23 PM
For a penny pincher owner? Doubt it.

Sounds like Gilbert is the one wanting to pinch pennies right now.

kdspurman
01-26-2017, 03:36 PM

After the last couple years, I think Gilbert is the last owner I'd call a penny pincher honestly lol. He's shown he's willing to spend whatever, and he said the same in a recent interview regarding their situation now. I don't think he cares about that

Lebron honestly just needs to suck it up and be patient. They saved some $ on the Korver deal, it's possibly they're just waiting it out to see if they can nab somebody up on the waiver wire. I don't blame them for not rushing anything just because Lebron isn't happy.

Pfeifer
01-26-2017, 03:38 PM
They have Lebron, Irving, Love and a great supporting cast. Spent money to keep Thompson like he asked. But somehow they dont spend enough or are commited to winning? This is why Lebron is a little ***** and will never be on the pedestal like Jordan.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2017, 04:04 PM

the Cavs have the highest payroll in the league.

Big Zo
01-26-2017, 04:43 PM
the Cavs have the highest payroll in the league.
Yes, but tell that to LeBron. Lol. I wouldn't doubt that now that they have a championship, and LeBron getting a little up in age, that they've floated the idea of maybe getting rid of some salary. Don't expect them to have the top salary in two years with 34/35 year old LeBron.

IKnowHoops
01-26-2017, 04:58 PM

He's insufferable.

So Dre, the guy who's idiotic behavior prob lost them the series last year, beats a fans a-- one night out at the club, and kicks players in the nuts repeatedly yet you find more wrong with Lebron still? Mind you who would never be dum enough or out of control enough to do any of those things.

IKnowHoops
01-26-2017, 05:02 PM

Yes it's the team he asked for
Then he won a ring with that team
Then GS added KD
Now Bron knows they need to add a piece too.
I'm not following or seeing any irony. There is no irony. Just cause and effect. All Lebron has done is deliver with an inferior team which is the best team they could of put together.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2017, 05:07 PM
Yes, but tell that to LeBron. Lol. I wouldn't doubt that now that they have a championship, and LeBron getting a little up in age, that they've floated the idea of maybe getting rid of some salary. Don't expect them to have the top salary in two years with 34/35 year old LeBron.

that is what I would tell LeBron. I would also remind him he was publically pushing for TT and JR's deals, so he can stfu

Hawkeye15
01-26-2017, 05:08 PM
Then GS added KD
I'm not following or seeing any irony. There is no irony. Just cause and effect. All Lebron has done is deliver with an inferior team which is the best team they could of put together.

LeBron is smart enough to know that GS cashed in on a one time salary cap explosion, after drafting perfectly and getting Curry on a smart deal. No?

What GS did, has never, and probably will never, be done again.

IKnowHoops
01-26-2017, 05:09 PM
Lolol. So Bron lost his right to ----- to the media because he let Delly walk. But even if Drey kicks 10 people in the balls, you'll give him a pass for the next five and say it's no big deal? Tre, Lololololol.

If you were being fair, Bron could of let 10 backup pg go, then he could ----- to the media even after he recieved 5 more players that he wants. And then your response should be, "no big deal". Thats if you are being fair.

Bostonjorge
01-26-2017, 05:24 PM
Why can't James do what Dirk with Dallas and Leonard with Spurs did? Beat a much more stacked team in the finals without once mentioning that it's unfair that Miami had a super team? Irving by himself is more help then 90% of the top players have on their whole team. I never seen a superstar player cry for more help when he already has more help then %98 of the league. %90 of every team ever in the history of the game.

Maybe James is just not good enough to beat Durant when Durant has help this time.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2017, 05:33 PM
Why can't James do what Dirk with Dallas and Leonard with Spurs did? Beat a much more stacked team in the finals without once mentioning that it's unfair that Miami had a super team? Irving by himself is more help then 90% of the top players have on their whole team. I never seen a superstar player cry for more help when he already has more help then %98 of the league. %90 of every team ever in the history of the game.

Maybe James is just not good enough to beat Durant when Durant has help this time.

uh, no

kdspurman
01-26-2017, 05:58 PM
Then GS added KD

I realize GS added Durant. But he got the team he wanted. They've gave him what he wanted, and at a much higher cost than it should've come. Now he has to roll with that. They're the defending champs, they should defend their title. Anything is possible once they get to the finals.

After they beat GS earlier this season he didn't mention any of this. You can't just up and complain publicly because your team is in a funk (and frankly he's been quite sloppy too, so he has to accept some responsibility tbh) That's bound to happen throughout an 82 game season. It just sends a crappy message to his teammates who aren't Love/Irving that they aren't good enough.

Also, they just added Korver, and while it isn't a blockbuster move, it was a damn good deal for the Cavs. They're clearly showing they want to improve and don't want to be stagnant. it's not like their FO don't realize they need a backup ball handler. They just aren't going to I dream of Jeannie blink and get him what he wants because he's crying out to the media.

tredigs
01-26-2017, 05:59 PM
So Dre, the guy who's idiotic behavior prob lost them the series last year, beats a fans a-- one night out at the club, and kicks players in the nuts repeatedly yet you find more wrong with Lebron still? Mind you who would never be dum enough or out of control enough to do any of those things.

Ironically, the behavior that got him kicked in the Finals was a direct result of Lebron being a passive-aggressive punk ***** and walking over his head on the ground like he was AI and just crossed him over/broke his ankles. There was nothing about that play that actually warranted him being suspended, but the past is the past. Draymond's a hot head - TO OTHER PEOPLE - not his own team. It's gotten him in trouble before and I have called him out on it, but I'm still taking that players leadership over the farce of LBJ's leadership over the years. The guy is constantly throwing other players, coaches and management under the bus. He's a diva and as I stated earlier, a punk *****. It's good thing he's as good as he is and can get away with it.

JasonJohnHorn
01-26-2017, 07:15 PM
Nate Robinson has thrown his hat in the ring.

I think Mo Williams is still around.

Derrick Fisher was working on a comeback.

And there is Delonte West. He and LBJ have even played with each other in the past, so I'm sure they have chemistry ;-)

Thoughts? Any legit options? I don't think any of these would be helpful outside of Mo Williams.

Bostonjorge
01-26-2017, 07:16 PM
uh, no
Other then Curry what second option is out playing Irving?

Top players help

Davis - Irving by himself is more help then that whole team

George - same

Westbrook - no Adams and Irving is more help then that whole team

Butler - Irving is worth more then wade and rondo combined

Heediot
01-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Rondo, if he gets bought out/released/waived.

Norris Cole when the chinese season finishes.

Chalmers, not really a play maker more of a shooting PG. He is a real option as he is friends with james, and James won't complain about getting more shooters.

Clint Olbrock
01-26-2017, 07:53 PM
Nate Robinson has thrown his hat in the ring.

I think Mo Williams is still around.

Derrick Fisher was working on a comeback.

And there is Delonte West. He and LBJ have even played with each other in the past, so I'm sure they have chemistry ;-)

Thoughts? Any legit options? I don't think any of these would be helpful outside of Mo Williams.

Cavs just traded Mo..

Clint Olbrock
01-26-2017, 07:54 PM
Rondo, if he gets bought out/released/waived.

Norris Cole when the chinese season finishes.

Chalmers, not really a play maker more of a shooting PG. He is a real option as he is friends with james, and James won't complain about getting more shooters.

Cole left China months ago.

Jamiecballer
01-26-2017, 08:55 PM
So if the cavs don't win the chip this year is it gonna be a valid excuse to lebron and fans that... "well we didnt have a bakcup point guard, thats why we didnt win" wah wah wah...
You could make a pretty strong case he doesn't have a starting PG either but that's a whole other can of worms

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

ewing
01-26-2017, 09:57 PM
Worms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flea
01-26-2017, 10:51 PM
It's rich that the guy is complaining about penny pinching when his franchise has led the league in spending 2 years in a row now and the last 7 seasons of his career he's been on the most or second most talented team each year. The whole "Lebron needs more help" was already a broken record in 2009 - now it's just pathetic.

Bostonjorge
01-26-2017, 11:34 PM
Love is the best big in whole east right now. He's out rebounding and out scoring Embiid who we consider the best big in the east. Loves numbers as the 3rd option are better then every other big in the east.

Only 2 big's made the all star this year for the east. Love is out scoring and rebounding milsap who's a first option. Is a 20/11 Kevin love not enough of a play maker for lebron?

papipapsmanny
01-27-2017, 12:05 AM
Classic Lerbon, builds the team he wants, plays on the top 2 most talented team in league (as he has since his days i Miami) then cries about it when he starts losing.

still1ballin
01-27-2017, 12:21 AM
Llullz lebron

IKnowHoops
01-27-2017, 04:15 AM
LeBron is smart enough to know that GS cashed in on a one time salary cap explosion, after drafting perfectly and getting Curry on a smart deal. No?

What GS did, has never, and probably will never, be done again.

Doesn't mean you throw in the towel. Would you just give up? The only real way to compete is to get more talented and add another piece. Thats really the only way other than injury, which is what bailed this same squad out last year. Lets be real, this Cavs team will get run in a seven game series by GS. They may get a game, maybe two, but GS is superior in every single way and to have any real chance you have to get a few advantages and the only way to do that is to add talent, so sorry if I don't feel like Bron should stfu because he constructed a team that beat a superior team for the 2016 ship. Then superior team ads 2nd best player in the League and Lebron feels the need to add and you people have a problem?

IKnowHoops
01-27-2017, 04:24 AM
Ironically, the behavior that got him kicked in the Finals was a direct result of Lebron being a passive-aggressive punk ***** and walking over his head on the ground like he was AI and just crossed him over/broke his ankles. There was nothing about that play that actually warranted him being suspended, but the past is the past. Draymond's a hot head - TO OTHER PEOPLE - not his own team. It's gotten him in trouble before and I have called him out on it, but I'm still taking that players leadership over the farce of LBJ's leadership over the years. The guy is constantly throwing other players, coaches and management under the bus. He's a diva and as I stated earlier, a punk *****. It's good thing he's as good as he is and can get away with it.

Passive agressive or not...kicking people in the nuts is worse than Lebron getting on his team. Hes like a coach. Coaches say worse things about there players. Pop has said worse, Phil worse, Jordan worse, Shaq worse, Kobe worse.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2017, 04:29 AM

LOLOLOLOLOL...This is your mind in a nutshell when it comes to Dre and Bron. This is how far over to the Draymond side you are in pure bias. The way you put it, its like getting kicked is like getting teched. LMAO!! His bad behavior that got him suspended, teched, thrown out...yeah those all fit. Gotta stay alert for that old kick worthy behavior:laugh:

europagnpilgrim
01-27-2017, 05:45 AM
Lebron should use his veto power and give this guy a call back, cant be no worse than Nash/Fisher/Vince at this stage/time

https://youtu.be/-TLpCq0WMXs

Quinnsanity
01-27-2017, 06:37 AM
You know a thread has flown off the rails when IKH is quoting the same post twice in a row.

Heediot
01-27-2017, 06:46 AM
Cole left China months ago.

I see.. Is he back in the league or in europe? Wikipedia still has him China.

Clint Olbrock
01-27-2017, 07:48 AM
I see.. Is he back in the league or in europe? Wikipedia still has him China.

Wiki has him as a free agent, he got hurt and left.

Vinylman
01-27-2017, 11:24 AM
I heard gilbert arenas has been working out...

at the shooting range

Giannis94
01-27-2017, 11:28 AM
You know a thread has flown off the rails when IKH is quoting the same post twice in a row.

Wouldn't expect anything less.

Hawkeye15
01-27-2017, 04:01 PM
fwiw:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/01/27/how-lebrons-cavaliers-lost-an-nba-high-40-million-last-season/#66e303977fb1

"I just hope that we're not satisfied as an organization," said James Monday night after the team lost its fifth out of seven games. The Cavs continued their slide two nights later with a home loss to a below-.500 Sacramento Kings team.

The reality is that owner Dan Gilbert has spent money at almost an unprecedented level. Last season’s $115 million payroll triggered a $54 million luxury tax bill. Add in benefits, cash involved in trades and the team’s share for total NBA player costs to reach the mandated 51% of leaguewide revenue and Gilbert spent roughly $185 million last season on his roster.

It was the second biggest outlay in the history of the sport behind only the Brooklyn Nets' ill-fated $205 million 2013-14 season, which included a $90.6 million luxury tax. The Nets reached the second round of the playoffs that year before their recent plummet to the bottom of the league.

Gilbert’s massive commitment to spend whatever’s necessary to win a title led to a loss of $40 million last season by Forbes’ count in the sense of earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization. Forbes is wrapping up its annual look at the business of the NBA scheduled to be released Feb. 14, and the Cavs are one of only a handful of teams to lose money last season. Their loss was nearly four times greater than any other franchise, despite the windfall from hosting 10 playoff games.

Even with the massive influx of new national TV money this season, the Cavs are likely headed for another huge operating loss. Gilbert has raised the stakes this year with a cash payroll of nearly $130 million, including James’ $31 million salary. James is the NBA’s highest-paid player by more than $4 million this season after signing a two-year, $64 million deal this summer with a third-year player option for $36 million for the 2018-19 season.

It is not just players where the Cavs and Gilbert are breaking the bank. Tyronn Lue was rewarded with a five-year, $35 million contract this summer. It makes him one of the highest-paid coaches in the NBA despite only a half season under his belt as a head coach. Lue, of course, led the Cavs to the title in June over the Golden State Warriors, ending 52 championship-free years for the city of Cleveland. Gilbert still owes former Cavs head coaches Mike Brown and David Blatt roughly $8 million to not coach this season.

The operating loss by the Cavaliers last season is the fifth biggest since Forbes began tracking NBA team finances with the 1997-98 season (almost certainly no team lost $40 million before the 97-98 season as team payrolls didn’t top $25 million until the 1994-95 season).

Giannis94
01-27-2017, 07:21 PM
fwiw:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/01/27/how-lebrons-cavaliers-lost-an-nba-high-40-million-last-season/#66e303977fb1

Lebron shoulda chose a different number when he returned to increase revenue for thst sorry franchise.

ewing
01-29-2017, 01:43 PM
Passive agressive or not...kicking people in the nuts is worse than Lebron getting on his team. Hes like a coach. Coaches say worse things about there players. Pop has said worse, Phil worse, Jordan worse, Shaq worse, Kobe worse.

Seriously when are people going to stop hating this guy for his huge BBIQ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddletramp
01-30-2017, 12:19 AM

You mean a team that already won a title without him? Jesus ****ing Christ, Jorge. I don't think I ever see you comment on things that don't involve you trolling Lebron.

Saddletramp
01-30-2017, 12:28 AM
Oh, don't cry for Dan Gilbert. He's going to be making money hand over fist for a long time with Quicken Loans.

Saddletramp
01-30-2017, 12:36 AM
Draymond's a hot head - TO OTHER PEOPLE - not his own team.

Kerr hates him and his locker room actions have been........questioned, to say the least. Like I said in the other thread, if his production falls off, they'll trade him as fast as they can.

tredigs
01-30-2017, 12:42 AM
Kerr hates him and his locker room actions have been........questioned, to say the least. Like I said in the other thread, if his production falls off, they'll trade him as fast as they can.

You're an idiot son.

Saddletramp
01-30-2017, 12:56 AM
You're an idiot son.

Nice name calling. I'd imagine I'd name call too if I just got caught saying something totally untrue. I see you're no longer worthy of my time.

You're lucky I'm not like your boy lol,please or I'd report that.

tredigs
01-30-2017, 01:02 AM
Nice name calling.

OK troll.

"Kerr Hates Green".

Go: --- >

nastynice
01-30-2017, 05:21 AM
Prob woulda been nice to have Wiggins right now.