PDA

View Full Version : The Cavawarriors Challenge

warfelg
01-18-2017, 05:37 PM

The image in the tweet has the value of the players.

You have $30 to build a 10 man team to take on a super team of the combined Cavs and Warriors.

Who you got?

mngopher35
01-18-2017, 06:08 PM
Cp3
Butler
Kawhi
Paul George
Cousins

Not sure on bench without really looking into it but that's 25 so can get all $1 guys at least. Patrick Beverly came to mind as a .5 pg to use I don't see him listed, Danny Green solid for $1 as is Favors, maybe Noel too? I guess using all $1 guys probably Reggie Jackson, Danny Green, Trevor Ariza, Derrick Favors, Noel

bostncelts34
01-18-2017, 06:27 PM

You have $30 to build a 10 man team to take on a super team of the combined Cavs and Warriors.

Who you got?

Well, so we are trying to beat a team of....

PG: Curry/Irving/Livingston
SG: Thompson/shumpert
SF: Durant/Igoudala/Korver
PF: Lebron/Green/West
C: Love/Thompson/Pachulia

I know that's not ALL of them but that's enough lol. I think it pretty impossible to beat that team, im sure you could perhaps match the starting five, but no where near the depth. But ill try!

PG: Chris Paul (5)
SG:Butler (5)
SF: George (4)
PF: Davis (6)
C: Cousins (5)

Bench: Dirk (1) Noel (1) M. Williams (1) Olynk (.5) Beverly (.5) and some other .5 guys lol

Avenged
01-18-2017, 07:53 PM
There is no team you can construct that would ever beat a team consisting of Lebron, Curry, Durant. Not to mention Kyrie, Klay, Green, and Love all on the same team. LMAO That's just way too much.

mrblisterdundee
01-18-2017, 08:52 PM
PG: James Harden ($6), Eric Bledsoe ($3)
SG: Avery Bradley ($2), Malcolm Brogdon ($0.50)
SF: Kawhi Leonard ($6), Justice Winslow ($1)
PF: Anthony Davis ($6), Dirk Nowitzki ($1)
C: Karl-Anthony Towns ($4), Kyle O'Quinn ($0.50)

I'm going to put elite defenders and shooters all over, along with some unicorn big men to punish in the post and spread the floor, while Harden runs roughshod (or flailing) over any one of the Worraliers guarding him.
Also, if I only get a 10-man roster, than so should the opposition:

PG: Stephen Curry, Kyrie Irving
SG: Klay Thompson, Andre Iguodala
SF: Kevin Durant, Kyle Korver
PF: LeBron James, Kevin Love
C: Draymond Green, Tristan Thompson

KnicksorBust
01-18-2017, 09:14 PM

Who you got?

Well, so we are trying to beat a team of....

PG: Curry/Irving/Livingston
SG: Thompson/shumpert
SF: Durant/Igoudala/Korver
PF: Lebron/Green/West
C: Love/Thompson/Pachulia

I know that's not ALL of them but that's enough lol. I think it pretty impossible to beat that team, im sure you could perhaps match the starting five, but no where near the depth. But ill try!

PG: Chris Paul (5)
SG:Butler (5)
SF: George (4)
PF: Davis (6)
C: Cousins (5)

Bench: Dirk (1) Noel (1) M. Williams (1) Olynk (.5) Beverly (.5) and some other .5 guys lol

Who the hell are you putting AD on?

Chronz
01-18-2017, 09:19 PM
Ughhhh. **** this league

KnicksorBust
01-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Ughhhh. **** this league

Why? Are you acting like this is the first time in history you could build an unbeatable team from 2 teams?

Lakers-Celtics 80s
Bulls-Rockets 90s
Lakers-Spurs 00s

Zzzzzzzzz

Chronz
01-18-2017, 09:41 PM
Why? Are you acting like this is the first time in history you could build an unbeatable team from 2 teams?

Lakers-Celtics 80s
Bulls-Rockets 90s
Lakers-Spurs 00s

Zzzzzzzzz

To this degree? Abso-****ing-lutely. 2 questions tho, which year and why does it have to be from the same team? Lakers-Celtics could be brought down by Bucks-Sixers or something, maybe young Houston. It also wouldn't require the same monetary bs either as plenty of teams had stars, they were just alone. Like if I could combine KG-TMAC-KIDD-ZO etc, it would be easier to topple the combo of those teams IMO. Theres a reason Vegas has these 2 teams as prohibitive favorites to degrees we've never seen in our lifetime, unless you got some analytical **** going on, I dont see why I should ignore that simplistic take.

Shammyguy3
01-18-2017, 09:42 PM
Chris Paul $5
Jimmy Butler $5
Kawhi Leonard $6
Giannis Antetokounmpo $6
DeAndre Jordan $4

Avery Bradley $2
Joe Ingles $0.50
DeMarre Carrol $0.50
JayMichael Green $0.50
Robin Lopez $0.50

Shammyguy3
01-18-2017, 09:43 PM

Lakers-Celtics 80s
Bulls-Rockets 90s
Lakers-Spurs 00s

Zzzzzzzzz

Seriously

warfelg
01-18-2017, 09:45 PM
So I'm going with starters of:
Avery Bradley $2
Danny Green $1
Kawhi Leonard $6
Giannis Antetokoumpo $6
Joel Embiid $4

Starters are a total of $19

Bench:
Paul George $4
Darren Collison $1
Robert Covington $1
Nerlens Noel $1
Karl-Anthony Towns $4

Bench $11

Defense and shooting was what I went for. As well as 6 different guys that can player with the ball in their hands.

IndyRealist
01-18-2017, 09:45 PM
The fact that there's no order to the players is driving me nuts.

PG Chris Paul (5)
SG Jimmy Butler (5)
SF Kawhi Leonard (6)
PF Myles Turner (3)
C Rudy Gobert (5)

Bench- George Hill (3), Trevor Ariza (1), Danny Green (1), Dewayne Dedmon (.5), Patrick Beverly (.5)
Total: 30

This team is essentially built as a defensive juggernaut and 3pt shooting team. Chris Paul is the primary set up guy, and alternately everyone spaces the floor for Jimmy Butler. All 3 of my bigs are shot blockers and paint protectors. All of my perimeter players are somewhere between good and suffocating defensively.

Myles Turner is the key to the whole thing, as a shot blocker and excellent outside shooter. Most of his shots are long 2s yet he converts 54% inside the arc, and also 42% from 3 on about 1 attempt per game. He can space the floor. When Turner is out Ariza plays smallball 4 with either Jordan or Dedmon. In a very specific matchup with Lebron playing the 4, Kawhi would probably slide to PF, Butler to SF, and Hill at SG.

EDIT: Alternately, if it's decided that you HAVE to go small, replace Gobert with DeAndre Jordan and Myles Turner with Paul George.

tredigs
01-18-2017, 09:48 PM
Lmao. Add the best players from the 2nd most talented team in the league to the most talented team in the league and you will always lose. No budget necessary.

mrblisterdundee
01-18-2017, 10:23 PM
There is no team you can construct that would ever beat a team consisting of Lebron, Curry, Durant. Not to mention Kyrie, Klay, Green, and Love all on the same team. LMAO That's just way too much.

Lmao. Add the best players from the 2nd most talented team in the league to the most talented team in the league and you will always lose. No budget necessary.

There's only one basketball. If you get the right defenders, shooters and playmakers, it can be done.

warfelg
01-18-2017, 10:48 PM
There's only one basketball. If you get the right defenders, shooters and playmakers, it can be done.

Exactly. That's what's fun about this to me. What and how are you going to build something to beat them. Personally I went with defense and size. I got two guys under 6'8" on my team.

bostncelts34
01-18-2017, 11:01 PM
Who the hell are you putting AD on?

Touche. Didn't really think about that, was just trying to field the best team I could. As I said, I don't think you can build one to compete with them.

Giannis94
01-18-2017, 11:05 PM
Ayyye . Gannis in the proper group this time unlike psd not outting him with klay and Jb and a few others.

bostncelts34
01-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Yes, you can build a solid team. But I don't think any team created can have enough depth. What happens when your guys go to the bench and your back up guys like collision and Covington are facing Irving, draymond etc.

warfelg
01-18-2017, 11:26 PM
Yes, you can build a solid team. But I don't think any team created can have enough depth. What happens when your guys go to the bench and your back up guys like collision and Covington are facing Irving, draymond etc.

Collison's been having a nice year, and RoCo has been a stud defensively.

IKnowHoops
01-19-2017, 12:01 AM
Yeah in this particular instance, you can throw money out of the window. The rest of the NBA could not field a team better than this one would be. But there are no doubt many years in which the two best teams would not be able to field a team that could beat the field. Many many years.

Giannis94
01-19-2017, 12:08 AM
Yeah in this particular instance, you can throw money out of the window. The rest of the NBA could not field a team better than this one would be. But there are no doubt many years in which the two best teams would not be able to field a team that could beat the field. Many many years.

Owners should collude and form a super team to give the self-proclaimed-akron-king a big fu for starting this fiasco.

IKnowHoops
01-19-2017, 12:37 AM
PG: Paul/Westbrook VS. Curry/Irving
SG: Harden/Derozan VS. Thompson/J.R.
SF: Leonard/Giannis VS. Durant/Shumpert
PF: AD/Griffin VS. Lebron/Green
C: Cousins/Embiid VS.Love/Thompson

That is your best case scenario with no cap and that is probably an even game. Especially when you take into account team chemistry. GSW's system is perfect for players that can shoot. Love, Kyrie, J.R. and Shump. Lebron would just dominate a game in anyway he wanted surrounded by shooters like this. And just look at that starting lineup. Talk about an unstoppable offensive juggernaut that just FITS! That other team is packed and looking at it, they may have more overall talent. Cavorriors have the top 3 players in the game though. They also have seven deadly 3pt marksmen coupled with the top two five tool players in the league and the best offensive rebounder in the game all rapped up in a tight bow of supreme team chemistry and high IQ basketball.

Done and Done.

Chronz
01-19-2017, 12:58 AM
Collison's been having a nice year, and RoCo has been a stud defensively.
Which isn't Good Here

lol, please
01-19-2017, 01:08 AM
To this degree? Abso-****ing-lutely. 2 questions tho, which year and why does it have to be from the same team? Lakers-Celtics could be brought down by Bucks-Sixers or something, maybe young Houston. It also wouldn't require the same monetary bs either as plenty of teams had stars, they were just alone. Like if I could combine KG-TMAC-KIDD-ZO etc, it would be easier to topple the combo of those teams IMO. Theres a reason Vegas has these 2 teams as prohibitive favorites to degrees we've never seen in our lifetime, unless you got some analytical **** going on, I dont see why I should ignore that simplistic take.
You're funny.

So is the rest of this thread. I'd put up a healthy Raptors against them, goes to 7 in overtime. On paper such a team looks stout, but in real life, Lebron causes two loses by disappearing after the 3rd, and Klay/Curry/Durant would have to bail out the team.

IKnowHoops
01-19-2017, 01:13 AM
You're funny.

So is the rest of this thread. I'd put up a healthy Raptors against them, goes to 7 in overtime. On paper such a team looks stout, but in real life, Lebron causes two loses by disappearing after the 3rd, and Klay/Curry/Durant would have to bail out the team.

Remember last year when Lebron disappeared himself into a Finals MVP/Championship and Curry/Klay/Durant all bailed there teams out into being eliminated.

ManningToTyree
01-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Paul 5
Bradley 2
Leonard 6
Davis 6
Gobert 5

Wade 2
Dirk 1
Jackson 1
Noel 1
Green 1

mrblisterdundee
01-19-2017, 12:09 PM
Exactly. That's what's fun about this to me. What and how are you going to build something to beat them. Personally I went with defense and size. I got two guys under 6'8" on my team.

PG: James Harden ($6), Eric Bledsoe ($3)
SG: Avery Bradley ($2), Malcolm Brogdon ($0.50)
SF: Kawhi Leonard ($6), Justice Winslow ($1)
PF: Anthony Davis ($6), Dirk Nowitzki ($1)
C: Karl-Anthony Towns ($4), Kyle O'Quinn ($0.50)

I went with elite defense and shooting, and the belief that Harden can flail and wile his way past any defender the Warraliers can put on him.

look! big kids
01-19-2017, 04:30 PM
Why not, no idea.

Chris Paul $6 - Reggie Jackson $1
Avery Bradley $2 - DeMarre Carroll $0.50
Jimmy Butler $5 - Otto Porter $2
Kawhi Leonard $6 - Zach Randolph $1
Anthony Davis $6 - Robin Lopez $0.50

Heediot
01-19-2017, 06:16 PM
Embiid 4 Jokic 4
S. Ibaka 2 D. Favors 1
K. Leonard 6 Ariza 1
P. George 4 D. Green 1
C. Paul 5 J. Holiday 2

The plan is to beat them down with bully ball. Killer length and defense in the starting unit. Enoguh talent to go small if need be. The plan is to make them adjust to the skilled bigs at the 5 which is their weakness. This team will grind them down in the half court but mobile enough to run. Plenty of shooters and defenders. Danny green, Leonard, and Ariza for championship experience. Paul as vocal leader. Run the 2nd unit offense through Jokic but the team can also stagger lineups. Playoff ball is grind is out half court ball, I think these guys can cause havoc.

Sanjay
01-19-2017, 06:51 PM

Who you got?

Starters:
G - Paul
G - Lillard
F - Leonard
F - Anthony
F - Griffin

Reserves:
G - Colllison
G - Matthews
F - Gay
F - Gibson
F - Noel

IndyRealist
01-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Chris Paul and Kawhi seem to be concensus picks, with Noel as the value pick.

dhopisthename
01-19-2017, 08:49 PM
how are you supposed to beat
Curry-Klay-Durant-Lebron-Green

that is 3/5 best NBA players (if not 3/3) with perfect support players in Klay and Green. if I tried to build a best team out of the current nba players this would probably be it. Lebron running things and passing to 3 insane shooters. only thing that might change is probably Green for Rudy Gobert to go from great interior defense to insane.

best I could do

Cp3-Butler-PG-Kawhi-Rudy(25)
patty mills-Ingles-Danny Green-Dirk-Favors(4.50)

but honestly would this be any better? I don't think so.

dhopisthename
01-19-2017, 08:50 PM
Chris Paul $5
Jimmy Butler $5
Kawhi Leonard $6
Giannis Antetokounmpo $6
DeAndre Jordan $4

Avery Bradley $2
Joe Ingles $0.50
DeMarre Carrol $0.50
JayMichael Green $0.50
Robin Lopez $0.50

I see our lineup is pretty similar. Giannis at the 4 would be interesting.