PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Lebron?

Giannis94
01-16-2017, 10:00 PM
Figured this an interesting thread- seeing that he is one of the "best" players that many of us have seen. However, he created a villan status for himself early in his career and now has become controversial.

I personally can't stand the guy. He gets every call and still *****es. Teams literally play against 5 players when facing the Cavs. He wouldn't have lasted long playing in the 90's.

still1ballin
01-16-2017, 10:14 PM
nah

lakerfan85
01-16-2017, 10:30 PM
Lebron is one of the greatest of all time.. He could've played in any era..

Giannis94
01-16-2017, 10:33 PM
Lebron is one of the greatest of all time.. He could've played in any era..
Enforcers like Rodman would have a field day on him, is what I was getting at

Mr_Jones
01-16-2017, 10:37 PM
Insecure man-boy, Lebron is. Big ole taint.

Chronz
01-16-2017, 10:40 PM
No, i love only 1. His name is the mac but i like bron more than scum like mj n kobe and i know your op was full of bias. He gets less calls than Giannis

More-Than-Most
01-16-2017, 10:44 PM
He would be better in the 90s because of his size and 2 way ability... people forget he could bully people if he was allowed to do what they did in the 90s.

Also he would have games fixed for him like the lakers and so on :shrug:

lakerfan85
01-16-2017, 10:47 PM
He would be better in the 90s because of his size and 2 way ability... people forget he could bully people if he was allowed to do what they did in the 90s.

The Lakers had games fixed for them in the 90's??

More-Than-Most
01-16-2017, 11:00 PM
The Lakers had games fixed for them in the 90's??

late 90s most likely :shug:

Giannis94
01-16-2017, 11:04 PM

So you mean like how Donaghy ****ed over the Bucks ?

Chronz
01-16-2017, 11:09 PM
late 90s most likely :shug:
Kings got more calls in the 2k era and still couldn't best the Lakers

kobe4thewinbang
01-16-2017, 11:14 PM
Regarding basketball, yes.
Regarding *most* of his off-court endeavors, yes.
Regarding his endorsement of Hillary Clinton, no.

But the dude is a star. Doing what he did against the Pistons way back when, what he did against the Warriors without Irving or Love, and then surviving a 1-3 deficit last season was amazing. Put him much higher on my list.

Mr_Jones
01-16-2017, 11:15 PM

More-Than-Most of your posts are encrypted with negativity towards anyone that opposes Lebron. And you're really smart... so you wouldn't be doing that on purpose, would you?

kdspurman
01-16-2017, 11:17 PM
Never been a fan of him personally. Can't deny his talent level obviously, but not a guy I root for typically

Chronz
01-16-2017, 11:24 PM
Never been a fan of him personally. Can't deny his talent level obviously, but not a guy I root for typically

Curious, who outside of SAS have you root for?

tredigs
01-16-2017, 11:26 PM
I love his game (and he would clearly be a dominating force in every era). But 'Bron is a mark.

poleandreel
01-16-2017, 11:38 PM
Yes I like him. But his flopping is annoying

lol, please
01-16-2017, 11:44 PM
Vote is a no brainer for me and a no brainer from those who know me.

LeBron is like Vick to me, nothing he does after the fact will change my mind. Nothing can tip the scale. Nothing can undo what was done.

kdspurman
01-16-2017, 11:47 PM
Curious, who outside of SAS have you root for?

Teams change so much it's hard. I like the Knicks being in NY, but that's obviously not a good thing in recent years lol. It was much easier to root for them in the 90s

These days I root for Utah, Atlanta, &, Memphis usually. I like how those guys play and the guys they have for the most part

cmellofan15
01-17-2017, 12:05 AM
I think i root for Lebron because I enjoy witnessing basketball history. Same way I was rooting for GS to get the win record and Steph to make history.

Of course I don't know lebron personally but he seems very charitable and to be very involved outside of just basketball. I like players who use their platforms to do more than basketball.

cmellofan15
01-17-2017, 12:06 AM

LeBron is like Vick to me, nothing he does after the fact will change my mind. Nothing can tip the scale. Nothing can undo what was done.

What did lebron go to jail for?

Vee-Rex
01-17-2017, 12:19 AM
I voted no. He's not very likable, and I'm not a big fan of his. However, I do think he was the biggest victim of the social media era. Kobe/MJ were as cocky as anyone and were adored for it. If LeBron is cocky, he gets persecuted.

I think the combination of that and his whiny nature along with other things is why people don't like him. LeBron deserves a lot of criticism/hate he gets, and also doesn't deserve a lot of it. It's a weird thing with him.

Despite that, he's an all-time player, one of the best to ever play. People should appreciate that more but it just doesn't happen.

Giannis94
01-17-2017, 12:22 AM
I voted no. He's not very likable, and I'm not a big fan of his. However, I do think he was the biggest victim of the social media era. Kobe/MJ were as cocky as anyone and were adored for it. If LeBron is cocky, he gets persecuted.

I think the combination of that and his whiny nature along with other things is why people don't like him. LeBron deserves a lot of criticism/hate he gets, and also doesn't deserve a lot of it. It's a weird thing with him.

Despite that, he's an all-time player, one of the best to ever play. People should appreciate that more but it just doesn't happen.
I hate kobe and am ashamed of my generation for worshiping him. I would put kobe on the back end of the top 15 players of all time. If he did wjat he did now in 2017 he wouldn't be playing the rest of the season

Saddletramp
01-17-2017, 01:11 AM
Insecure man-boy, Lebron is. Big ole taint.

Your haiku skills need work, but it's getting there.

I wouldn't say that I like him, but I'm glad he's had success after he got shat on so much early in his career (from the Cavs wasting his first half dozen or so years)and the fallout from his Miami decision from internet dopes/haters. He does some stupid things but the hate he gets might be a sign of the times with a guy like him in this era.

Saddletramp
01-17-2017, 01:17 AM

Vick was my favorite NFL player for years. I looked past flipping off his fans, the water bottle incident, Ron Mexico and a bunch other things. But the dog ring/killing thing really ruined him for all time for me.

Lebron did what? Chose to leave a team that wasted 7 of his playing years and join some friends in one of the coolest cities (if you have money) in the world? Embarrassing that you compare the two.

Giannis94
01-17-2017, 01:24 AM
Vick was my favorite NFL player for years. I looked past flipping off his fans, the water bottle incident, Ron Mexico and a bunch other things. But the dog ring/killing thing really ruined him for all time for me.

Lebron did what? Chose to leave a team that wasted 7 of his playing years and join some friends in one of the coolest cities (if you have money) in the world? Embarrassing that you compare the two.

Comparing lebron to vick is ridiculos. I mean kobe raped a girl, vick killed dogs, and Lebron pissed off a bunch of fans?

More-Than-Most
01-17-2017, 01:37 AM
More-Than-Most of your posts are encrypted with negativity towards anyone that opposes Lebron. And you're really smart... so you wouldn't be doing that on purpose, would you?

: )

all jokes aside i think lebron is a massive dick... but i am not sure i have ever seen a more gifted hard working player.... i think he gets hated on so much because of his talent and its why i go above and beyond and defend him.

IKnowHoops
01-17-2017, 02:48 AM
I'm a fan of god given ability. Roy Jones Jr, Barry Sanders, Lebron James...they all have one thing in common, and that is they are physically on whole different level than there competition. When I see an athlete like that, I just enjoy watching them play. Lebron is the best athlete I have ever seen. Bo Jackson was probably number 2. But Barry Sanders and Roy Jones Jr are equally as gifted with there insane reflexes and quickness. Watching Roy Jones Jr in his prime was an unbelievable. Easily the most gifted fighter ever. Barry Sanders simply amazing. Quickest athlete on there feet I have ever seen. Lebron's size and speed just defied what was humanly possible up until this point. There is just not a player close to him athletically in terms of size speed combination in the 29 years I have been watching basketball. I watch the NBA because I want to see the best players in the world play. I watch Lebron to see the best of the best.

nastynice
01-17-2017, 02:59 AM
Hell yes, even tho he's a rival to my dubs he's gonna go down as a legend, has been arguably the best player in the league for a decade straight (had a lil 1a 1b going with Kobe there for a while), he's just nasty. I feel like the mj talk is a disservice to appreciating what type of greatness he brings, he's a diff type of player.

Having said that I hope my squad becomes a mountain he can't climb, the hell with his legacy I want a dynasty here!

5ass
01-17-2017, 07:06 AM
Maybe... why? Did he tell you to ask me?

Giannis94
01-17-2017, 08:18 AM
Hell yes, even tho he's a rival to my dubs he's gonna go down as a legend, has been arguably the best player in the league for a decade straight (had a lil 1a 1b going with Kobe there for a while), he's just nasty. I feel like the mj talk is a disservice to appreciating what type of greatness he brings, he's a diff type of player.

Having said that I hope my squad becomes a mountain he can't climb, the hell with his legacy I want a dynasty here!

Hell have a hard time getting outta the east with Giannis in the way

ManningToTyree
01-17-2017, 08:47 AM
No but I like to watch him play

Scoots
01-17-2017, 09:26 AM
He's one of the all-time great players, and he gives a lot of money away to charity (all about his brand) ... but I don't think he's a good person and the flopping and the calls he gets made me vote no.

Giannis94
01-17-2017, 09:52 AM
He's one of the all-time great players, and he gives a lot of money away to charity (all about his brand) ... but I don't think he's a good person and the flopping and the calls he gets made me vote no.

I agree whole-heartedly with this post. I used to have a Lebron james fat head that I won off some site in 4th grade, used to go out of the way to watch him in person and genuinely liked him. I stringly dislike him and he kind of ruined the NBA for me for a long time.

Hawkeye15
01-17-2017, 10:40 AM
Figured this an interesting thread- seeing that he is one of the "best" players that many of us have seen. However, he created a villan status for himself early in his career and now has become controversial.

I personally can't stand the guy. He gets every call and still *****es. Teams literally play against 5 players when facing the Cavs. He wouldn't have lasted long playing in the 90's.

totally. Karl Malone size with handles wouldn't have made it....

Hawkeye15
01-17-2017, 10:42 AM
he comes off as a whiner at times (victim mentality), but considering he has had a mic in front of him since age 16, he has done fine. By all accounts, seems like a good man. I like him just fine.

To those who think he isn't a good person, I ask why do you think that? Remember, basketball is a kid's game, what other reason do you have?

Giannis94
01-17-2017, 11:13 AM
he comes off as a whiner at times (victim mentality), but considering he has had a mic in front of him since age 16, he has done fine. By all accounts, seems like a good man. I like him just fine.

To those who think he isn't a good person, I ask why do you think that? Remember, basketball is a kid's game, what other reason do you have?

I don't know/care if he's a good person or not (I actually defended him earlier). I just think he's a *****, or "coaches son" except instead of cosches, it's the reffs/NBAs son

Hawkeye15
01-17-2017, 11:20 AM
I don't know/care if he's a good person or not (I actually defended him earlier). I just think he's a *****, or "coaches son" except instead of cosches, it's the reffs/NBAs son

so a dude can cheat, father 10 kids by 7 women, hit *****es, but as long as he is acceptable on the playing field playing a child's game, he is good?

That is my issue with LeBron haters. By all accounts, he is a very good man. I never understood the hate at all, not even a little bit.

ballallday
01-17-2017, 11:50 AM
so a dude can cheat, father 10 kids by 7 women, hit *****es, but as long as he is acceptable on the playing field playing a child's game, he is good?

That is my issue with LeBron haters. By all accounts, he is a very good man. I never understood the hate at all, not even a little bit.

its his demeanour that is the problem. He can't help acting the way the he does, his mannerisms, his emotions, floppy ways, crying, and things he says make him sound/look like a btch and most people don't like him because of those things. Think about the way he flopped and was on the ground last night after the foul by draymond, then he says after the game "im a football player" Comon a football player A) wouldn't have flopped like a btch B) wouldnt have moved much based on that hit and C) if fell down would be back up in a second and walked to the ft line.

Lebron could dedicate his life / salary to charity but until he changes all mentioned above on the court and in press conferences people will still not like him. His hate doesn't stem from him being a bad person just his demeanour and actions show he's a little bit of a btch. Everyone knows he is top 10 or 5 or whatever

Jetsguy
01-17-2017, 11:50 AM
yep - I always root for greatness

Vinylman
01-17-2017, 11:53 AM
Definitely one of the all time greats and easily the best player of the current era...

I personally don't like his style and AAU mentality but that really isn't important when evaluating him as a basketball player.

ManRam
01-17-2017, 12:17 PM
He wouldn't have lasted long playing in the 90's.

This is the single dumbest narrative in sports. There is literally no point in conversing with someone who holds such a stupid belief.

GodsSon
01-17-2017, 12:22 PM
Heavy is the head that wears the crown and people like to hate on the best.

Who cares about being liked, just show some respect.

Big Zo
01-17-2017, 12:28 PM
He comes off as extremely two faced, and opportunistic, so no. Certainly not the worst guy in the world, but certainly needs to learn how to not go back on his word, and be more upfront with people.

mavwar53
01-17-2017, 01:05 PM
totally. Karl Malone size with handles wouldn't have made it....

Telling by that flop yesterday I thought he was more Earl Boykins size than Malone. Idk if LBJ would honestly man up if he was forced to play against the bad boys. He'd probably stick to his outside shot and be a decent player. Without Getting to the hoop he's not an effective scorer.

LA4life24/8
01-17-2017, 01:05 PM
No.

ManRam
01-17-2017, 01:10 PM
Telling by that flop yesterday I thought he was more Earl Boykins size than Malone. Idk if LBJ would honestly man up if he was forced to play against the bad boys. He'd probably stick to his outside shot and be a decent player. Without Getting to the hoop he's not an effective scorer.

LeBron flops a lot, like most every other player in today's NBA. LeBron is not soft, however.

Those are absolutely not mutually exclusive things. He embellishes contact, which is a newer phenomenon, but again, that doesn't mean he can't handle it. He absolutely can and has always proven so.

He is tough. He doesn't shy away from contact. He's as durable as any player in the NBA. He can play like a big man. He can play like a guard. If there's anyone in today's NBA that could hang in any era it's him.

MarkieMark48
01-17-2017, 01:15 PM
Enforcers like Rodman would have a field day on him, is what I was getting at

This is silly.... Lebron is 6'9 260lbs, you know about 50lbs more than Rodman. This whole era of nba is soft, but LeBron is not the softest of the bunch, dude looks for contact and get hacked pretty much every time he goes to the hoop.... had he come up in the "hard" era of the nba, he'd be able to dish out plenty.

Timmmahhh
01-17-2017, 01:17 PM
No problem with LeBron.

Who I do have a problem with however is Gigantis Anteloppo.

Gigantis is overrated, will never win a ring and travels more than LeBron ever did.

Dade County
01-17-2017, 01:31 PM

He gave Dallas a championship, and I will never forget that con job.

Bless

Hawkeye15
01-17-2017, 01:46 PM

considering he is stronger than most the bad boys, he would probably be fine.

flopping gets calls, as annoying as it is. Everybody should do it

I find it hilarious that anyone would claim LeBron, a cyborg who has never missed time despite playing physical basketball, is soft...

MarkieMark48
01-17-2017, 02:05 PM
I find it hilarious that anyone would claim LeBron, a cyborg who has never missed time despite playing physical basketball, is soft...

Bingo.. let LeBron throw some elbows and club them a couple times

Everybody does... just every time LeBron does it the video of it goes viral and cute little memes are made about it

blahblahyoutoo
01-17-2017, 02:18 PM
no.

travels a lot and gets away with it.
flops a lot and gets away with it.
offensive fouls a lot and gets away with it.

he's a great athlete, with a primadonna ego which makes him unlikable for me.

TheMightyHumph
01-17-2017, 02:41 PM
No

Jamiecballer
01-17-2017, 03:01 PM

Incredible talent is hard not to like and LeBron has no major strikes against his character, so yes.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

ManRam
01-17-2017, 03:07 PM
no.

travels a lot and gets away with it.
flops a lot and gets away with it.
offensive fouls a lot and gets away with it.

he's a great athlete, with a primadonna ego which makes him unlikable for me.

"Travels, flops, fouls" is petty **** that anyone can make themselves see about any player in order to justify disliking them. We say every super star gets calls. Almost every player flops. Every player travels. You hate him for much more real reasons than that. Maybe you're hyper aware of when he does do those things and it bothers you exponentially more than others, but yeah...those are invalid reasons to dislike most any athlete in today's NBA. In my opinion, of course.

MarkieMark48
01-17-2017, 03:14 PM
"Travels, flops, fouls" is petty **** that anyone can make themselves see about any player in order to justify disliking them. We say every super star gets calls. Almost every player flops. Every player travels. You hate him for much more real reasons than that. Maybe you're hyper aware of when he does do those things and it bothers you exponentially more than others, but yeah...those are invalid reasons to dislike most any athlete in today's NBA. In my opinion, of course.

Bingo:nod:

Hawkeye15
01-17-2017, 03:19 PM
in reality, you can hate a player for any reason you like. I hated Kobe. Hated. I hated Jason Terry. I hate Harden. I get it, some players are just annoying to a certain person.

But as long as a person is a good guy, the hatred needs to stay inside the sidelines of the sport. Now, if they are a cheater, wife beater, or whatever else, sure, hate away towards the person themselves..

Avenged
01-17-2017, 04:19 PM
No problem with LeBron.

Gigantis is overrated, will never win a ring and travels more than LeBron ever did.

Won't win one as a Buck that's for sure.

YAALREADYKNO
01-17-2017, 04:54 PM
I like him as a player but Only hate him when he flops like he got hit by Sean Taylor like that punter did in the pro bowl years back

BKLYNpigeon
01-17-2017, 05:40 PM
Welcome to AAU Generation of the NBA.

Lebron is not a streetballer or tough guy, even though at times he tries to act like it. He grew up playing the AAU Circuit with a bunch of soft guys who are all friends on MySpace at the time.

You are, who you are, Which is ok.

Just don't fake it.

KnickNyKnick
01-17-2017, 06:33 PM
I like Lebron except for the miami years

Jets012
01-17-2017, 07:08 PM
Eh, LeBron is indifferent to me. Use to not like him, but I wouldn't use the word hate. I also don't like him either. I don't find him to be very rootable like some players. I've always been amazed at how insecure he was for someone that is so great at what he does. Doesn't take criticism well and is all about his brand, but he also has never been in trouble with the law so that helps him.

Kobe and MJ are different. What Kobe did was inexcusable, but I do think he matured a lot over the years. I'm also pretty lenient in giving people 2nd chances if they truly show remorse and make a conscientious effort to change which I think Kobe did do. Now would I call Kobe likable? Not really, I don't have a problem with anyone saying he isn't likable. But I do find him to be pretty charismatic even if he's incredibly arrogant.

MJ is completely different. I can't help but love the guy. I know he's probably the cockiest guy on Earth (I honestly believe there is something different with his brain to make him so competitive), but he's still likable despite that. And I typically hate conceited people, but MJ is different. He delivered and deserved all the credit he got and you can't help but admire his confidence in a way. Then again I feel a similar way about Kanye West who people hate for his cockiness. MJ was charismatic, he was just a dope guy to follow in his prime. Everything about him was unique.

He also like LeBron stayed out of trouble off the court (the gambling stuff doesn't mean much to me). And Jordan like LeBron does donate a lot to charity, especially recently.

timz-a-changin
01-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Don't care for him. I feel he cries too much.

Also, I wonder if he would have had the success in his career if he played in the West. Much better teams over his career in the West and it would have been much more challenging. I feel his number of finals would have been down significantly.

Giannis94
01-17-2017, 09:50 PM
No problem with LeBron.

The traveling is called the Giannis step. Giannis won't have to be a benedict arnold to win a title, either.

The traceling you are talking about is not traveling, its his long stride. You should watch an NBA game before you start talking non-sense. Bucks play on espn tomorrow.

mia1619
01-17-2017, 10:37 PM
Lebron is the best player in our generation. Just enjoy his work. As for yesterday, he flopped like crazy but i think he was smartly trying to bait Draymond Green more than anything. I think thats why richard jefferson went after him also as well.

SteBO
01-17-2017, 10:46 PM
I like Lebron except for the miami years
Yeah Miami has that effect on people apparently, nonsensical and idiotic as it is.

SteBO
01-17-2017, 10:52 PM
Always liked LeBron. Has a bit to be desired as a classy human being at times with the things he says, but I've never come close to hate. The worst impression he's ever left me was more so disappointment, but never hate. The media treatment of him during the Miami years was the most pathetic display of individual player coverage I've ever witnessed and that's saying something considering the personalities that come through pro sports.

Giannis94
01-17-2017, 11:06 PM
Lebron is the best player in our generation. Just enjoy his work. As for yesterday, he flopped like crazy but i think he was smartly trying to bait Draymond Green more than anything. I think thats why richard jefferson went after him also as well.

I agree but Duncan, Dirk, and Shaq were all stars with grace. Lebron is another animal and when you're his size, you need to man up, shut up, and let you're play do the talking, but it appears theatre and PR school got in the way of thst.

Crackadalic
01-17-2017, 11:37 PM
Welcome to AAU Generation of the NBA.

Lebron is not a streetballer or tough guy, even though at times he tries to act like it. He grew up playing the AAU Circuit with a bunch of soft guys who are all friends on MySpace at the time.

You are, who you are, Which is ok.

Just don't fake it.

I think he has a shot to surpass MJ regardless of finals wins.

That said I hate lebron and almost all of the aau babies from that generation. Bunch of spoil kids and it shows sometimes even at their age now. I just hate this whole privilege thing they have.

Miltstar
01-17-2017, 11:41 PM
I think we know my answer to this haha, but I do respect how he took that hit from Dray, first time I've ever seen him act like a real man

Giannis94
01-17-2017, 11:48 PM
I think we know my answer to this haha, but I do respect how he took that hit from Dray, first time I've ever seen him act like a real man

How he took that hit from Dray? He flopped after the hit, threw his hands in the air and over-dramaticized it. I'm confused.

Scoots
01-18-2017, 01:20 AM

His passive aggressive actions are the biggest reason I think he's not a good person.

Saddletramp
01-18-2017, 05:14 AM
I think he has a shot to surpass MJ regardless of finals wins.

That said I hate lebron and almost all of the aau babies from that generation. Bunch of spoil kids and it shows sometimes even at their age now. I just hate this whole privilege thing they have.

Are you talking about Klay and Steph? I don't remember Lebron growing up rich with NBA genetics

Jesus Christ you Nancy Boys are ****ing butt hurt and ***** raw.

Giannis94
01-18-2017, 08:47 AM
His passive aggressive actions are the biggest reason I think he's not a good person.

In all fairness, I'd probsbly have similar issues if I'd have been in the national spot light since 16. His other actions though, I agree

MarkieMark48
01-18-2017, 09:04 AM
Don't care for him. I feel he cries too much.

Also, I wonder if he would have had the success in his career if he played in the West. Much better teams over his career in the West and it would have been much more challenging. I feel his number of finals would have been down significantly.

Probably not, but Im sure whatever team he would have played on would have found a way to surround him with the right people to be a contender..... but imagine how big of a joke the east would be if Lebron was in the west

Giannis94
01-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Probably not, but Im sure whatever team he would have played on would have found a way to surround him with the right people to be a contender..... but imagine how big of a joke the east would be if Lebron was in the west

What TAC refered to is what is going to happen to Kawhi. Has a title and nice awards, but will have a hard time winning those again as long as GSW stays together, and may have a hard time stabilizing success with other teams like UT on the rise.

MarkieMark48
01-18-2017, 12:35 PM
What TAC refered to is what is going to happen to Kawhi. Has a title and nice awards, but will have a hard time winning those again as long as GSW stays together, and may have a hard time stabilizing success with other teams like UT on the rise.

Oh yea, I know exactly what hes saying, and I'm not disagreeing. But lets be serious though, its not like Lebron wouldn't have any finals appearances, he would probably still have 3-4 and he might have had a couple more from his younger years, who knows? and with the lack of talent in the east, he probably wins every finals he makes it to. So maybe hes 3-0 in finals appearances instead of 3-4, which would make him better in the eyes of some because he wouldn't have any finals losses.....right?

omdigga
01-18-2017, 12:43 PM
I have gone through the Lebron cycle..

Loved him when he was drafted
Hated him when he was on Miami
Liked him when he returned to the Land
Rooted for him to take down the warriors
Now just appreciate how good he is.

Crackadalic
01-18-2017, 01:20 PM
Are you talking about Klay and Steph? I don't remember Lebron growing up rich with NBA genetics

Jesus Christ you Nancy Boys are ****ing butt hurt and ***** raw.

What does nba genetics have to do with anything? Every player during the boom of the aau circuit is spoiled to me from lebron to melo, josh smith etc. Just what I see from these guys

And get that Nancy Boy **** outta here. This isn't the 90's lol

Yanks All Day
01-18-2017, 01:33 PM

Bingo.

LeBron is 6'8, 250 lbs. People do realize that, muscle and weight-wise, he is bigger than EVERY member of the Bad Boys Pistons, right? Salley was 6'11, 230 and Rodman was 6'7, 210. Which one is checking LeBron? Michael Jordan got beaten up because he played most of his career at a lean 6'6, 215 lbs. Not the mountain of athleticism of LeBron. People treat Jordan as if "well, if Michael had trouble, then anyone would" when it's just not true.

I do find it amusing, though, how people claim they hate LeBron as a person but love Jordan and Kobe. MJ was a chronic gambler and alcohol abuser whose debts many believe actually led to his father's killing. Kobe was accused of rape. Neither got along with his teammates. LeBron has never been even implicated in anything negative off the court. In fact, he's often noted for his outstanding citizenship and willingness to speak out on social issues the way many of his predecessors wouldn't. The absolute biggest knock on LeBron is that he flops in a decade where flopping is rewarded by refs. I can't seem to find the logic.

Appreciate LeBron, people. You'll never see another athlete like him.

prodigy
01-18-2017, 02:29 PM

Pretty much every superstar in sports tend to have a self-entitlement or attitude problem. MJ, i mean just listen to his HOF speech lol, he is prob one of the biggest dirt bags to play the game. Kobe too. LeBron is no different here, I don't think he's as bad as MJ or Kobe, But he's experienced a lot of success and wealth in life so he has become more and more full of himself. But LeBron has always been a guy who donates millions to charities, jokes around with kids on the court, said mostly the right things to the media (minus the decision). isn't a HUGE trash talker other then stares and when people start with him.

The whole "he couldn't play in the 90's" crap needs to stop.

1. He wasn't raised up with that level of physical play.

2. He's 6'9 265 pounds, he woulda been just fine. lol

prodigy
01-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Bingo.

LeBron is 6'8, 250 lbs. People do realize that, muscle and weight-wise, he is bigger than EVERY member of the Bad Boys Pistons, right? Salley was 6'11, 230 and Rodman was 6'7, 210. Which one is checking LeBron? Michael Jordan got beaten up because he played most of his career at a lean 6'6, 215 lbs. Not the mountain of athleticism of LeBron. People treat Jordan as if "well, if Michael had trouble, then anyone would" when it's just not true.

I do find it amusing, though, how people claim they hate LeBron as a person but love Jordan and Kobe. MJ was a chronic gambler and alcohol abuser whose debts many believe actually led to his father's killing. Kobe was accused of rape. Neither got along with his teammates. LeBron has never been even implicated in anything negative off the court. In fact, he's often noted for his outstanding citizenship and willingness to speak out on social issues the way many of his predecessors wouldn't. The absolute biggest knock on LeBron is that he flops in a decade where flopping is rewarded by refs. I can't seem to find the logic.

Appreciate LeBron, people. You'll never see another athlete like him.

I know i just posted, But this is so much better than mine lol! good stuff.

mngopher35
01-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Compared to other athletes definitely. His attitude is meh like most great players but overall watching him play he's near the top. I really started liking him more when it became cool to hate him and many seemed to take it a bit far.

KnicksorBust
01-18-2017, 02:54 PM
I "hated" Lebron as a Knicks fan bc he owns us. Unlike the 90s where MJ would own us in the playoffs he has to settle for dogging Melo repeatedly in the reg season. But other than fake biased "you are my teams toughest opponent" dislike, I love the guy. At the risk of sounding like an 8 year old he is just awesome. Honestly like he plays the game at the highest level. He is a total role model for hard work. You never saw him out of shape. He never got complacent. Kept working to get better. Became a 3pt threat. Worked with Dream. Got a post game. Always got his teammates involved. Just plays the right way. I love it. Then there is the fact that he has been in the spotlight since high school and has 0 scandals. Love it. Even his biggest "crime" of leaving Cleveland didn't bother me at all.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-18-2017, 03:34 PM
I like him.

I do not like like him.

Saddletramp
01-18-2017, 04:32 PM
Compared to other athletes definitely. His attitude is meh like most great players but overall watching him play he's near the top. I really started liking him more when it became cool to hate him and many seemed to take it a bit far.

Yeah, me too. All the nonsense about "The Decision" and AAU and selling contact in a selling contact era is garbage and just a work around in why they really hate him. You can dislike one thing or another about every player, whether its attitude, off court actions, or on court actions but to nitpick one of the greatest players of all time that's scandal free is pretty lame.

IKnowHoops
01-19-2017, 05:38 PM
In all fairness, I have similar issues and I haven't been in the national spot light since 16. Furthermore his other actions are not nearly as bad as my own.

Fixed...lmao

RLundi
01-19-2017, 08:40 PM
I like him, sure. In comparison to all-time greats like MJ and Kobe who are literal pieces of garbage and terrible humans, LeBron looks like a saint: he's never been in trouble with the law, he's highly regarded character-wise, he's an entrepreneur, he's fairly intelligent and mildly well-spoken, and he genuinely seems like a nice guy.

The things he's reviled for are trivial in my opinion. Yes, he appears to be kind of a douchebag and doesn't seem like a real human as opposed to a character with a script continuously playing a role, but compared to the dirtbags that have populated the NBA, I don't see how anyone could reasonably say that they don't like LeBron for any other reason than being a butthurt baby about The Decision.