PDA

View Full Version : Trade Chain Game

warfelg
01-10-2017, 07:57 PM
I thought this would be fun, and something done in other sport forums.

So here's what to do:

I'll list a player (from the team you root for) or a package. And list what you would like to get in return.

The next person writes what they would give up to get that player on their team, or what player they would give up to get that package that fits what that team wants in return.

So first user would post:
Offering Ross, Clips 1st

Looking for defensive PF/C

Next user puts in something like:
Noel and rights to Furkan Korkmaz

Offering....blah blah blah So on and So on.

So I'll get this started:
Offering - Okafor, Sergio Rodriguez, Nik Stauskas, 2018 Lotto protected 1st (converts to unprotected 2019 1st), 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd

Looking for - Starting near all-star or all star SG/SF, backup PG

Saddletramp
01-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Rockets receive: Okafor, Sergio Rodriguez, Nik Stauskas, 2018 Lotto protected 1st (converts to unprotected 2019 1st), 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd
Sixers receive: Corey Brewer.

warfelg
01-10-2017, 08:23 PM
lol that is no where near that value. I'm down on Okafor but that's absurdly bad.

Saddletramp
01-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Alright, you can have Bobby Brown, too.

Saddletramp
01-10-2017, 08:29 PM
Ok, I'm done. Carry on.

Avenged
01-10-2017, 08:33 PM
so how do you win?

warfelg
01-10-2017, 08:38 PM
so how do you win?

There is no winning. Just a fun little game to play.

KnicksorBust
01-10-2017, 09:38 PM
I thought this would be fun, and something done in other sport forums.

So here's what to do:

I'll list a player (from the team you root for) or a package. And list what you would like to get in return.

The next person writes what they would give up to get that player on their team, or what player they would give up to get that package that fits what that team wants in return.

So first user would post:
Offering Ross, Clips 1st

Looking for defensive PF/C

Next user puts in something like:
Noel and rights to Furkan Korkmaz

Offering....blah blah blah So on and So on.

So I'll get this started:
Offering - Okafor, Sergio Rodriguez, Nik Stauskas, 2018 Lotto protected 1st (converts to unprotected 2019 1st), 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd

Looking for - Starting near all-star or all star SG/SF, backup PG

Carmelo Anthony.

Offering Joakim Noah, Lance Thomas, Brandon Jennings

Looking for young players who can play defense.

Giannis94
01-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Carmelo Anthony.

Offering Joakim Noah, Lance Thomas, Brandon Jennings

Looking for young players who can play defense.
Kings offer DMC and a 1st unproductive because Kings.

Embiid.

warfelg
01-10-2017, 09:44 PM

Embiid.

Your doing it for your team not other teams.

Giannis94
01-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Your doing it for your team not other teams.
Fine. Then the Bucks offer a psychiatrist to the Knicks for thinking anyone wants to take on Noah

valade16
01-10-2017, 09:54 PM

Embiid.

It must be a King's pick to already know the player will be unproductive before he's even drafted lol

Giannis94
01-10-2017, 10:01 PM
It must be a King's pick to already know the player will be unproductive before he's even drafted lol

Oh you know it. They have the same problems the bucks did BG- making enough moves to get an 8 seed of all falls right, but more than likely back-end lottery with1 or 2 years picking in the top 4.

FlashBolt
01-10-2017, 10:43 PM
Knicks need more than a psychiatrist.. Barkley mentioned that Knicks+Nets should just join up. I agree at this point.. total trash!

Giannis94
01-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Knicks need more than a psychiatrist.. Barkley mentioned that Knicks+Nets should just join up. I agree at this point.. total trash!

Hoiberg as coach and hire Divac as GM? SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

bostncelts34
01-11-2017, 07:14 PM
haven't seen a player worth trading for that has been offered, so ill just do the other half.

Jae Crowder, Terry Rozier, BK 1st rd pick (2017) + Bos 1st in 2018

Looking for a go to scorer (preferably a SF) all star caliber who can create his own offense OR a stud big man.

Quinnsanity
01-11-2017, 08:09 PM
haven't seen a player worth trading for that has been offered, so ill just do the other half.

Looking for a go to scorer (preferably a SF) all star caliber who can create his own offense OR a stud big man.

If Crowder + Brooklyn pick is on the table then I'll throw Jimmy Butler out there. I'd flip Crowder to someone else for more picks, then tank and grab as many young dudes as possible.

Jeffy25
01-12-2017, 02:24 AM

If you did combine both rosters and kept the best parts, would you have an 8 seed even?

That might still be a team picking in the lotto.

KnicksorBust
01-12-2017, 08:37 AM

Would love for the Celtics and Knicks to work out a deal. The Celtics are a piece away from being able to compete with the Cavs and Melo COULD be that player.

Giannis94
01-12-2017, 10:52 AM
If Crowder + Brooklyn pick is on the table then I'll throw Jimmy Butler out there. I'd flip Crowder to someone else for more picks, then tank and grab as many young dudes as possible.

If I were the Bucks and Giannis wasn't progressing I would almost consider Jabari for that package. Definitley not now, though.

LA4life24/8
01-12-2017, 03:22 PM
This did not go well lol.

Quinnsanity
01-12-2017, 09:23 PM
If I were the Bucks and Giannis wasn't progressing I would almost consider Jabari for that package. Definitley not now, though.

Yea it doesn't really make sense for Milwaukee to go backwards at this point. Chicago is stuck in one-star purgatory, so going into tank mode for several years is their clearest path to getting two/three. But Milwaukee already has a fully formed core that's all young. Why bother trading into the lottery when the best case scenario is picking a player who does what Jabari already does?

Giannis94
01-12-2017, 11:02 PM
Yea it doesn't really make sense for Milwaukee to go backwards at this point. Chicago is stuck in one-star purgatory, so going into tank mode for several years is their clearest path to getting two/three. But Milwaukee already has a fully formed core that's all young. Why bother trading into the lottery when the best case scenario is picking a player who does what Jabari already does?
Right, but if Giannis wasn't progressing thos fast or Jabari was taking a little longer I would consider that offer.

If Giannis and Jabari play to their full potential they can represent the east. Match up very well against the Cavs.

Green_Monster
01-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Would love for the Celtics and Knicks to work out a deal. The Celtics are a piece away from being able to compete with the Cavs and Melo COULD be that player.

I'm not sure the Celtics want Melo, let alone trading anywhere close to that package for him. I don't think he's a good fit.

Bostonjorge
01-12-2017, 11:32 PM

Cousins is that piece. He can play with Isiah Thomas again and have good defenders around him and a stretch 4 in horford.

mrblisterdundee
01-13-2017, 03:28 AM

Yours seems to be the last response halfway sticking to the format. I gather you're offering up Jimmy Butler, and want picks and young guys.
It would take Michael Carter-Williams coming too to make it work financially, but I'd offer up Damian Lillard, Cleveland's unprotected first-round pick this year, Portland's first-round pick and our 2018 first-round pick.
I'm looking for a defensive anchor at power forward or center.

Quinnsanity
01-13-2017, 11:19 AM
Yours seems to be the last response halfway sticking to the format. I gather you're offering up Jimmy Butler, and want picks and young guys.
It would take Michael Carter-Williams coming too to make it work financially, but I'd offer up Damian Lillard, Cleveland's unprotected first-round pick this year, Portland's first-round pick and our 2018 first-round pick.
I'm looking for a defensive anchor at power forward or center.

If Lillard is on the table, pretty much any center in the league is probably available. You could probably get Cousins for him. If we're talking defensive anchors, I'm sure you could get Gobert, Whiteside, probably Drummond, take your pick. The deals would have to be bigger since many of those teams have point guards, but Lillard might be a top-10 trade asset in basketball. At the very least top-20.

Cousins is that piece. He can play with Isiah Thomas again and have good defenders around him and a stretch 4 in horford.

Cousins and Isaiah hate each other. That's why Isaiah went to Phoenix.

Giannis94
01-13-2017, 11:41 AM
If Lillard is on the table, pretty much any center in the league is probably available. You could probably get Cousins for him. If we're talking defensive anchors, I'm sure you could get Gobert, Whiteside, probably Drummond, take your pick. The deals would have to be bigger since many of those teams have point guards, but Lillard might be a top-10 trade asset in basketball. At the very least top-20.

Cousins and Isaiah hate each other. That's why Isaiah went to Phoenix.
Time heals everything. Just look at Lebron and Cle. they went from burning his jersey and rioting in the streets to to taking back their Benedict Arnold

Forever35
01-13-2017, 04:12 PM
C's offering Crowder, Zeller, Young, BK's 17' and 18' 1sts...

In all seriousness, what would you give up for this package...???

Definite NO to Melo and Lopez...

theducksmuggler
01-14-2017, 12:27 PM

I think you could get Jimmy Butler for that package easily especially if the trade goes down after knowing the draft order say the Nets have the #1 pick...possibly McCollum+Turner/Crabbe+picks...possibly Paul George if they dont end up doing anything this year...some one no one talks about the Celtics possibly trading for is Whiteside I think the Heat would easily say yes to this trade and I think a Thomas Bradley Brown? Horford Whiteside could be interesting...Obviously the Kings would take that for Cousins I would hope but not sure if the Celtics are honestly interested in Cousins possibly messing up the chemistry of the team...just a few ideas off the top of my head

Jahlil Okafor+Ersan Ilyasova+Sergio Rodriguez+2018(top 3 protected) 1st round pick+2019(unprotected) 1st round pick+2017 2nd round pick

Looking for upcoming fringe All Star Combo guard/SG/SF who can get buckets

Quinnsanity
01-14-2017, 01:13 PM

Here's a sneaky one: I think you could get Russell Westbrook. I know nobody's talking about him in trades anymore, but the specter of his free agency is still looming, the Thunder are seeing this year that he's not enough to contend for a title and they're completely capped out going forward. It'd be a tough pill for them to swallow, but for THIS package I think they'd really consider it.