PDA

View Full Version : PSD - [Official] Which team are you a fan of?

FlashBolt
01-09-2017, 05:18 PM
This is just a thread where you vote for your team -- not a discussion thread. I think it will help clarify who supports who. Teams are in alphabetical order according to the city. All votes are public.

mngopher35
01-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Twolves with the early lead, definitely won't last long just like our leads irl.

Hawkeye15
01-09-2017, 06:11 PM
Puppy power

Aust
01-09-2017, 06:47 PM
baby Lakers

warfelg
01-09-2017, 06:49 PM
#TrustTheProcess #TTP #Lickface #NBAVote Joel Embiid #NOkafor #ProlernsNoel

Chronz
01-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Been Clippers since 2. Tho according to D-Lee, I was once a Lakers fan.

Cracka2HI!
01-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Clipps, was once the TM many years ago. Are there still TM's on this site?

Chronz
01-09-2017, 08:34 PM
Clipps, was once the TM many years ago. Are there still TM's on this site?

Was asked to become one not too long ago but im like all you guys are at the other site and you guys aint coming back

tredigs
01-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Sadly I can already tell you what team every regular poster on this forum is a fan of I'm sure.

You'll get about 65 less "HEAT" fan votes than you would have 3 years ago. So, maybe 2 heat fans.

Giannis94
01-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Sadly I can already tell you what team every regular poster on this forum is a fan of I'm sure.

You'll get about 65 less "HEAT" fan votes than you would have 3 years ago. So, maybe 2 heat fans.

Amd you'll get 300+ more Warriors and Cavs fans in that same time span.

I'm a Bucks fan but chose to talk about them in BG and AG tense. I'll let yall figure that one out.

tredigs
01-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Amd you'll get 300+ more Warriors and Cavs fans in that same time span.

I'm a Bucks fan but chose to talk about them in BG and AG tense. I'll let yall figure that one out.

Before/after gay for Giannis, we know. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Homers didn't flock to the Warriors that I have seen (other than Bay Area fans finally accepting them as their team who otherwise wouldn't hae). But definitely nothing CLOSE to the 2011 Heat influx on this site.

Giannis94
01-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Before/after gay for Giannis, we know. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Homers didn't flock to the Warriors that I have seen (other than Bay Area fans finally accepting them as their team who otherwise wouldn't hae). But definitely nothing CLOSE to the 2011 Heat influx on this site.
And keep in mind the majority of those heat fans are back to being Cleveland fans. Although, I expect all of them to play it off saying "I'm a Lebron fan. I cheer for his team". In reality those are bandwagons fans. Same with KD, Wade, and every other super star that leaves.

It's also misleading if we only use PSD. PSD has gone downhill in every year since like 2009/2010

valade16
01-09-2017, 09:15 PM
And keep in mind the majority of those heat fans are back to being Cleveland fans. Although, I expect all of them to play it off saying "I'm a Lebron fan. I cheer for his team". In reality those are bandwagons fans. Same with KD, Wade, and every other super star that leaves.

It's also misleading if we only use PSD. PSD has gone downhill in every year since like 2009/2010

I actually feel if he had made a Team LeBon portion that would win lol

Dade County
01-09-2017, 09:17 PM
Miami HEAT

tredigs
01-09-2017, 09:18 PM

The big NBA site are mostly Raptor fans, but I did not see a large increase of Warriors fans there either. The popular thing for the kids is to hate the Warriors now, not be a fan of them (again, unless Bay Area).

Giannis94
01-09-2017, 09:30 PM
I actually feel if he had made a Team LeBon portion that would win lol

We could do player-specific thread too but I hate Kobe and was recently called a white supremacist for stating that, so that's probably no bueno.

KnicksorBust
01-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Pelicans.

Vee-Rex
01-10-2017, 12:50 AM
Let's see... flame on! (all in fun, hope this post doesn't die)

Listing fans (from the big site) at their worst:

Raps fans: whiny
Knicks fans: delusional
Cavs fans: dumb/homerific
Dubs fans: insecure
Celtics fans: cocky/arrogant
Heat fans: immature
Lakers fans: obsessive

That's all I got for now.

kdspurman
01-10-2017, 01:04 AM
Spurs fan obviously. Since about 91-92

5ass
01-10-2017, 03:51 AM
Magic fan, but ask me agn in a couple of months. LOL

Giannis94
01-10-2017, 08:30 AM

Bucks fans: intelligent. In all seriousness, I would put them as growing after being nom-existant BG because mediocrity after Donaghy ****ed us over.

warfelg
01-10-2017, 08:52 AM

You forgot Sixer fans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y0P3SOZ1Uk

SteBO
01-10-2017, 10:18 AM
HEAT fan since the year 2000. Jerseys looked cool, always competitve, and never was there a dull moment.

I could say a lot of things about the other fanbases you listed in general, but speaking for HEAT fans....you have to compartmentalize us. You have a large section of us who live and die with this team regardless of league standing, a section of us who'll follow to a point then leave when the going gets rough, and a section of us who're too chill to care when they're bad. You'll find that the HEAT fanbase has had a pretty sizeable following nationwide, ever since Shaq arrived in '04-'05. The truly immature fans arrived in 2010, and I wouldn't even classify them as HEAT fans, more like LBJ fans. I miss those days in general, but I don't miss those ingrates. Good riddance.

KnicksorBust
01-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Knicks fan my whole life so do I say the year I was born or the first year I remember watching them? I was born in 83 so early 90s was my youth and when I start remember watching games. Lotta good and bad memories from that time. Knicks were so much more relevant back then vs they are now. Honestly with the exception of the Melo at PF / Steve Novak year it has been really rough time being a Knicks fan for over probably 15 years at this point. Brutal stretch. Really believe Porzingis is the start of the LONG TERM change. We've been putting band-aids on bullet holes for too long. Now just gotta dump Melo and Rose and hand him the team.

KnicksorBust
01-10-2017, 12:33 PM

I actually got a kick out of this. Knicks fans tend to think we are the most knowledgeable fan base so that ties perfectly into your description of "delusional." :laugh:

Vee-Rex
01-10-2017, 01:33 PM
HEAT fan since the year 2000. Jerseys looked cool, always competitve, and never was there a dull moment.

I could say a lot of things about the other fanbases you listed in general, but speaking for HEAT fans....you have to compartmentalize us. You have a large section of us who live and die with this team regardless of league standing, a section of us who'll follow to a point then leave when the going gets rough, and a section of us who're too chill to care when they're bad. You'll find that the HEAT fanbase has had a pretty sizeable following nationwide, ever since Shaq arrived in '04-'05. The truly immature fans arrived in 2010, and I wouldn't even classify them as HEAT fans, more like LBJ fans. I miss those days in general, but I don't miss those ingrates. Good riddance.

:laugh2:

I feel the same for Cavs fans, Steebs. There's some who have been fans since forever, and there's others who have only been fans since 2014. And then there's those who have only been fans since June 2016 lol.

I put dumb/homerific because Cavs fans are so disconnected with any players outside their own team. I suppose that's how it is with a lot of casual fans but it's annoying when 90% of the fans I come across in person absurdly overrate our own players. LeBron way better than MJ? Check. Kyrie the best pg in the NBA? Check. Cavs without question best team in the NBA? Check.

And talk about the emotional roller-coaster for these Cavs fans. 7 months ago there were quite a bit that weren't confident at all about facing Golden State. After a rough 7-game series where we barely won - GS stands no chance!!!

I'll call Browns fans miserable but Cavs fans can be ugh. smh

Avenged
01-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Lakers. I am not a free agent, sorry fellas.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2017, 04:32 PM

what are Wolves fans?

FlashBolt
01-10-2017, 05:37 PM
what are Wolves fans?

Might be the best fans around PSD, tbh. Haven't met too many Wolves fans in real-life. One of my co-workers was a huge KG fan but stopped watching when he got traded. That's as close as it really got to that. But yeah, Wolves fans (you, mngopher, and a few others) are realistic and contempt with your team.

Giannis94
01-10-2017, 07:58 PM
Might be the best fans around PSD, tbh. Haven't met too many Wolves fans in real-life. One of my co-workers was a huge KG fan but stopped watching when he got traded. That's as close as it really got to that. But yeah, Wolves fans (you, mngopher, and a few others) are realistic and contempt with your team.

I've met a few Wolves fans. They are very competent, although most I know deal with them competently because they split interest between the Wolves and the Wild- because Hawwwkey is the culture in MN.

lol, please
01-11-2017, 12:10 AM
All it took was for me to check the Lakers list and not find Chronz in it to invalidate this poll. :pity:

Saddletramp
01-11-2017, 03:55 PM
Oh, the irony.

TRIUMPHATOR
01-12-2017, 01:14 PM

I'm a Raps fan I don't whine at all. I just blame the league for screwing us in our entry draft, Donahue for fouling Bosh excessively in our playoffs against the Nets, our government for having the metric system keeping FA's away, and the no love by American networks. ;)

Pierzynski4Prez
01-12-2017, 02:04 PM
I actually got a kick out of this. Knicks fans tend to think we are the most knowledgeable fan base so that ties perfectly into your description of "delusional." :laugh:

Not going to lie, anytime I need a good chuckle I head into the Knicks trade thread to read some of the trade ideas thrown out there.

NFLAccess
01-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Clutch City! Rocket Nation!

cmellofan15
01-13-2017, 07:21 AM
All it took was for me to check the Lakers list and not find Chronz in it to invalidate this poll. :pity:

Lmao aren't you the one who switched from the Lakers to the Warriors?

Anyways can't see the poll but I'd assume there's still 4 or 5 of us Nuggets fans hanging around

Giannis94
01-13-2017, 08:34 AM
Lmao aren't you the one who switched from the Lakers to the Warriors?

Anyways can't see the poll but I'd assume there's still 4 or 5 of us Nuggets fans hanging around

He will be a bucks fan by the end of the season. ;)

Bucks forum is very active but the users stay in the Bucks forum. Probably have give or take 12-20 active users that post

Rivera
01-13-2017, 12:44 PM
Magic!

FlashBolt
01-13-2017, 01:56 PM
Oh wow. Didn't know there were that many Toronto fans!

TheMightyHumph
01-14-2017, 04:14 PM
Nets fan.

kobe4thewinbang
01-15-2017, 12:22 AM
Lakers although I highly respect the Spurs. As an Ohioan, I've been a fan of the Cavs since LBJ showed up. But Lakers are why I got into the NBA (Kobe & Shaq). I generally just enjoy the NBA and these talented dudes, but my heart is with the Lakers.

kobe4thewinbang
01-15-2017, 12:27 AM
And if anyone wants to call me a Lakers/Celtics fan, go ahead. Especially since the Celtics are on a serious surge with the new Isaiah Thomas. Celtics might come up suddenly. They kinda did the first time with the Big 3.

JAZZNC
01-22-2017, 10:42 AM
Obviously I'm a Jazz fan. I'm literally the only non-Mormon jazz fan I've ever met, not a huge surprise since I've lived in NC all my life. Started really watching in the mid 90s. From what I've seen on here some of the fan base is pretty knowledgeable and some are the most delusional homers I've ever seen. The amount of grief I got for telling everybody Favors wasn't ever gonna be anything more than average was almost laughable but it is what it is. I finally feel like we are moving in a truly positive direction for the first time since the Stockton and Malone days.

Ebbs
01-25-2017, 03:46 PM
Lol Goldenband Wagoners

lol, please
01-25-2017, 10:37 PM
Lol Goldenband Wagoners

Warriors are like the 90s Bulls in that if they aren't your first team, their your second.

Cal827
01-25-2017, 11:45 PM
Raptors :D

Cal827
01-25-2017, 11:46 PM

Reported for trolling :laugh2:

Alayla
01-27-2017, 07:14 PM
I'm a 76ers fan but I also follow the Kings due to some history in my hometown family ties and a few other odds and ends

Alayla
01-27-2017, 07:20 PM

I remember telling them that when the whole brandon roy thing was going on and asking them what they expected from him going forward "I really loved roy's game and was bummed about his injuries". Yeah they tend to be fairly objective and level headed.

Vee-Rex
01-28-2017, 12:40 PM

Yeah, Wolves fans represented seem to be great. I don't know how they were back in the KG-led days, and I'm sure if the Wolves became a top contender we'd see some bad apples though.

JAZZNC
01-30-2017, 11:38 AM
Yeah, Wolves fans represented seem to be great. I don't know how they were back in the KG-led days, and I'm sure if the Wolves became a top contender we'd see some bad apples though.
That's because fans who only let their fandom be known when their respective team is good are douche bags. Why do you think we see such few Lakers fans these days???

Vinny642
02-06-2017, 07:07 PM
New Orleans

kobe4thewinbang
02-06-2017, 11:51 PM
Obviously I'm a Jazz fan. I'm literally the only non-Mormon jazz fan I've ever met, not a huge surprise since I've lived in NC all my life. Started really watching in the mid 90s. From what I've seen on here some of the fan base is pretty knowledgeable and some are the most delusional homers I've ever seen. The amount of grief I got for telling everybody Favors wasn't ever gonna be anything more than average was almost laughable but it is what it is. I finally feel like we are moving in a truly positive direction for the first time since the Stockton and Malone days.Yeah, peeps were thinking Jazz would be 'good' sooner, but this season seems to be clicking for them and I'll admit it is nice to see. I always liked Hayward and Gobert could be good.

Giannis94
02-07-2017, 05:30 PM
That's because fans who only let their fandom be known when their respective team is good are douche bags. Why do you think we see such few Lakers fans these days???

Most bucks fans are good/logical as well because we have been accustomed to losing and mediocrity for such a long time but we have our first legit MVP candidate in a while.

ewing
02-10-2017, 02:01 AM
i'm a kicks fan. who I root for otherwise is based solely on how entertaining i find them. OKC is my second favorite team b/c i think they win on effort a lot

Tg11
02-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Been a Boston Celtics fan for the past 9 years ever since 2008...still a Celtics fan always will be

MJNetsIsles
02-19-2017, 04:50 PM
Brooklyn in the house.

And trust me. If I ran the franchise, you would be on our bandwagon.

Or you'd hate us with a passion. No in between.

One Nut Kruk
02-19-2017, 10:03 PM
They'd still be irrelevant to me. And they'd probably be 0-56 right now.

MJNetsIsles
02-20-2017, 08:47 PM
One of our haters. ^

Giannis94
02-26-2017, 10:50 PM
One of our haters. ^

brugh don't let the trolls get you down. they hate u b/c they aint u

eDush
02-26-2017, 11:21 PM

Heat fans are the worst especially during the playoffs where they act like babies with many of them claiming they were better than the Jordan's Bulls using childish arguments to make their points blah blah blah. No other fan base were even close to their level of trolling other teams during their back to back wins :facepalm:

brandt
02-27-2017, 01:52 AM
Rockets

MJNetsIsles
04-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Brooklyn Nets represent !!
Brooooklyn 👏👏👏

WaDe03
04-01-2017, 10:14 PM
I've been a Bulls fan my whole life. Die hard, can't root for anyone else in anything. It's me and the Bulls against the world!

WaDe03
04-01-2017, 10:17 PM

Wait, does BG and AG really mean that? That's ****ing hilarious!

archdevil84
04-02-2017, 09:43 AM
i became a heat fan in 2011 but ironically not because thats when lebron joined em. its because i started watching chris smoove NBA2k11 videos where in which i thought wade was such a badass that i started checking out some real life NBA stuff and watched some heat games. been following them ever since (good timing i suppose). even tho now my 2 favorites in bron and wade arent on the heat anymore im stil a fan. admitedly not as big as i was 2 years ago obviously but stil checking in regularly and watch some games here and there. in terms of who i want to win the ship its cavs because i want bron to win more rings

archdevil84
04-02-2017, 09:44 AM
I've been a Bulls fan my whole life. Die hard, can't root for anyone else in anything. It's me and the Bulls against the world!

will you reverse back to a heat fan when wade comes back to miami this upcoming year? ;)

WaDe03
04-02-2017, 12:02 PM
will you reverse back to a heat fan when wade comes back to miami this upcoming year? ;)

Yes. if this thread is made next year and Wade is gone then I've been a lifelong fan of whatever team he's on then.

TrueFan420
04-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Yes. if this thread is made next year and Wade is gone then I've been a lifelong fan of whatever team he's on then.

When Wade retires will your fandom retire too? Or will you pick a new player?

WaDe03
04-02-2017, 02:14 PM
When Wade retires will your fandom retire too? Or will you pick a new player?

No won't be another player. Depending on how everything plays out I will be back to the Heat.

lol, please
04-02-2017, 03:57 PM

:laugh:

FlashBolt
04-06-2017, 12:49 AM
too many Knicks fans on here.. if there was a team that I wished had a bit more help other than OKC, it would be you guys. live in NYC and have for since birth. a legitimate NBA team capable of contending would be the best thing to happen for NY.

ewing
04-06-2017, 09:29 AM
I'm a knick fan so i really only watch in hoping that LeBron loses.

FlashBolt
04-06-2017, 07:15 PM
I'm a knick fan so i really only watch in hoping that LeBron loses.

you must be proud of yourself.

ewing
04-07-2017, 09:17 AM
you must be proud of yourself.

way do you seem to place moral judgement on people's rooting interest? I not going to find him and go Tonya Harding.

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 02:16 PM
way do you seem to place moral judgement on people rooting interest? I not going to find him and go Tonya Harding.

:facepalm:

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 02:17 PM
I know I'm not the only Brooklyn Nets fan on here, I can think of a few others who should put their vote in the poll!