PDA

View Full Version : Giannis vs Porzingis vs Towns vs Embiid vs AD

FlashBolt
01-07-2017, 04:37 AM
Also, rank them in the other in which you will take them.
*The potential of an injury is in play here.

Edit: Don't vote yet. Forgot to add another player.

Crackadalic
01-07-2017, 04:46 AM
All four of them are good enough to be better then all of them. Just a matter of who will reach their first. This will be a fun debate. I'lll vote when I think about it more. The homer in me wants to say KP but that wouldn't be fair to these other awesome players.

More-Than-Most
01-07-2017, 04:57 AM
lol flash you forgot embiid... Ironic you bum lol

More-Than-Most
01-07-2017, 05:00 AM
Ok lets look at it like this

Embiid is worlds better than everyone else on this list defensively... Now lets look at his size and dwight type body.... Now lets factor in the fact that he has no help around him and often gets double and triple teamed and has no weaknesses... Now lets look at the fact that he has only been playing basketball for a few years... This dude picks up on the game faster then anyone I have ever seen on top of having a Kobe like mentality where he wants to be the best in basketball and flaunt it in the process....

The only answer is embiid... I said it before and I will say it again... Since lebron nobody has had more potential than this dude... He has it all... If you choose another because of his injury issues fine... But sheer potential its not close... This dude has everything.

Best player right now would go AD
Best situation is Gia or Porz... Towns and Embiid have the least amount of help in my opinion
Most potential would go....

Embiid

AD

Porz
Gia

Towns

I love towns offensive game but his defense concerns me... I think Porz has a high ceiling than Gia as well and will get flamed for it but whatever. Towns might not have the 2 way potential but he is the safest choice of him/Embiid/Porz.... He will be a great player with minimal risk.... Porz size and Embiids injury history are concerning.

Crackadalic
01-07-2017, 05:26 AM
Ok lets look at it like this

Embiid is worlds better than everyone else on this list defensively... Now lets look at his size and dwight type body.... Now lets factor in the fact that he has no help around him and often gets double and triple teamed and has no weaknesses... Now lets look at the fact that he has only been playing basketball for a few years... This dude picks up on the game faster then anyone I have ever seen on top of having a Kobe like mentality where he wants to be the best in basketball and flaunt it in the process....

The only answer is embiid... I said it before and I will say it again... Since lebron nobody has had more potential than this dude... He has it all... If you choose another because of his injury issues fine... But sheer potential its not close... This dude has everything.

Best player right now would go AD
Best situation is Gia or Porz... Towns and Embiid have the least amount of help in my opinion
Most potential would go....

Embiid

AD

Porz
Gia

Towns

I love towns offensive game but his defense concerns me... I think Porz has a high ceiling than Gia as well and will get flamed for it but whatever. Towns might not have the 2 way potential but he is the safest choice of him/Embiid/Porz.... He will be a great player with minimal risk.... Porz size and Embiids injury history are concerning.

I think KP you have to give to defensively for now. Joel allows 40% which is really good but 40% from 3. KP allows 39% and also allow 32% shooting from 3

In the last 7 games for Embiid he has allowed 42% and 43% from 3. Kp in his last 7 games has allowed 39% and 28% from 3. Players shoot more then 4 attempts a game against KP which is double the attempts then Embiid. Their defensive wins shares are to equal to make a big deal out of it

With that said Embiid definitely has the best potential out of all the young guys. Even in limited minutes the way this kid just takes over at times is wonderful

More-Than-Most
01-07-2017, 05:30 AM
I think KP you have to give to defensively for now. Joel allows 40% which is really good but 40% from 3. KP allows 39% and also allow 32% shooting from 3

In the last 7 games for Embiid he has allowed 42% and 43% from 3. Kp in his last 7 games has allowed 39% and 28% from 3. Players shoot more then 4 attempts a game against KP which is double the attempts then Embiid. Their defensive wins shares are to equal to make a big deal out of it

With that said Embiid definitely has the best potential out of all the young guys. Even in limited minutes the way this kid just takes over at times is wonderful

I have no issues with this and agree... His injuries are red flags... I get scared every game watching when he goes down to the floor.. It sucks but it is what it is.. I wouldnt take any of those guys over embiid... He has more risk than any of the other guys but we sink or swim with him... And this isnt sixer bias... I thought this dude was a god before we drafted him... There are 2 guys I have loved since lebron..... Embiid and Russ.

strahan92osi72
01-07-2017, 08:45 AM
The ironic thing is the current two best players on that list are also the ones that arguably have the lowest ceiling of all of them.
Current:
AD
Towns
KP
Giannis
Embiid
Ceiling:
KP
Embiid
Giannis
Towns
AD

Giannis94
01-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Giannis has the highest ceiling in the league and should be in discussions with Kawhi, Lebron, AD. Not sure why you're including Embiid and Kris in here

ball4reel
01-07-2017, 10:00 AM
Homerism at it's best.

ewing
01-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Greg Monroe. this guy is going to be a superstar

strahan92osi72
01-07-2017, 10:36 AM
Giannis has the highest ceiling in the league and should be in discussions with Kawhi, Lebron, AD. Not sure why you're including Embiid and Kris in here

And the cow jumped over the moon.

warfelg
01-07-2017, 10:47 AM

Here's the crazy Embiid factor:

He started playing basketball in 2011.

HS Varsity and AAU:
2011-12
2012-13
Maybe played a total of 50-60 games at this level.

Kansas:
2013-14
Played a total of 28 games

Sixers:
Sat out 2014-15
Sat out 2015-16
2016-17
Has played about 25 games.

So you are talking about a 7'2" 275lb dud that played soccer and volleyball until 2011 when he finally picked up basketball, as played maybe 100-125 total competitive games, and is doing these things? That should be scary for people to think about. Because that's not normal. Honestly. Not normal.

Vee-Rex
01-07-2017, 11:07 AM
1. Giannis
2. AD (would be #1 if he didn't have health issues)
3. KAT
4. Biid
5. ZingGod

My list is playing the safe route. It's not a shot at Biid at all, and hopefully Biid/Philly fans understand. The list is hardly static and I believe Biid will be mostly healthy for the rest of the career, I just need him to prove it with more minutes and for a longer time. If he can do that, he has the potential to be #1, depending on the growth of Giannis.

Porzingis is great, man... I think he's special. I just don't think he is the generational talent that the others are in this list.

LanceUpperCut
01-07-2017, 11:16 AM
I'd take Giannis over them all.

Miltstar
01-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Using risk/reward as my guide I'd go

Giannis
Towns
AD
Porzingas
Embiid

AD and Embiid both get bumped down a spot due to injury concerns

GiantsSwaGG
01-07-2017, 11:44 AM
AD easily, I like Giannis but AD is a Tim Duncan clone maybe even better.

Ps KP in a couple I believe will be up there. He totally shut down Giannis when he guarded him

nycericanguy
01-07-2017, 12:01 PM
I've said this before but Embiid's situation is really unique due to all his rest days and special treatment.

He gets to play every game fresh, no back to backs, doesn't play huge minutes either. Sometimes he doesn't even travel with the team.

Big part of the NBA is the grind of travel and schedule and B2B's... Embiid gets to come in fresh every game he plays and go out there and do whatever he wants.

No doubting the potential, but I'd like to see what he does playing a normal NBA schedule like the others guys have to.

nycericanguy
01-07-2017, 12:02 PM
it's really a toss up though you can literally make a case for every player on this list.

AD & Giannis are 4 year players so they should be more polished... but then Giannis isn't much older than Towns or KP. Still though, 4 years of NBA experience gives him a definite advantage.

Giannis94
01-07-2017, 12:05 PM
it's really a toss up though you can literally make a case for every player on this list.

AD & Giannis are 4 year players so they should be more polished... but then Giannis isn't much older than Towns or KP. Still though, 4 years of NBA experience gives him a definite advantage.

And yet he was the rawest player ever drafted.

nycericanguy
01-07-2017, 12:17 PM
And yet he was the rawest player ever drafted.

didn't know there was a stat for that...

warfelg
01-07-2017, 12:38 PM
didn't know there was a stat for that...

I would say the guy that started playing basketball only 3 years before entering the NBA is a little more raw.

PhillyFaninLA
01-07-2017, 12:51 PM
For the record my vote was bias...but I stand by it

PhillyFaninLA
01-07-2017, 12:53 PM
My order:

Embiid, Davis, Towns, Giannis, Porzingis

I may switch Porzingis and Giannis but that is the order I am going with

warfelg
01-07-2017, 01:15 PM
My order:

Embiid, Davis, Towns, Giannis, Porzingis

I may switch Porzingis and Giannis but that is the order I am going with

I honestly have Davis at the bottom. Because of injuries.

It's crazy that people consider Embiid "injury prone" because of 1 injury that everyone knew was going to take a while to heal but AD gets a pass.

With AD consider he's missed games thanks to:
Concussion, sore left ankle, sprained left shoulder, sprained MCL, fractured left hand, finger, left ankle, back spasms, chest contusion, sprained left toe, groin, sprained right shoulder, sprained left ankle, sprained ankle, lower back, quad, left leg contusion

Meanwhile Embiids missed games thanks to:
Broken right navicular bone

I think overall in this I'll go
Prozingis - Athleticism and size.
Embiid - Size and touch, but injuries are a problem
Giannis - He doesn't have the size to deal with defending the post at a high rate despite playing there often
Towns - defending is an issue
Davis - Injuries and age

strahan92osi72
01-07-2017, 01:22 PM
Honestly, I feel bad putting any of these players at the bottom of any list. I think it's safe to say all five teams are thrilled to have these guys on their teams for the next decade.

Giannis94
01-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Giannis-> AD-> KAT-> Porz-> Embiid

No bias.

strahan92osi72
01-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Giannis-> AD-> KAT-> Porz-> Embiid

No bias.

Of course no bias.*cough, cough.*

lamzoka
01-07-2017, 02:37 PM
As far as ceiling, I wouldn't trade Porzingis for any of the other players on this list.

tp13baby
01-07-2017, 02:48 PM
I would say the guy that started playing basketball only 3 years before entering the NBA is a little more raw.

Really really really impressive, but I feel we underrate skills that translate to other sports. Some individuals are just athletically skilled. Its not hating on Embiid although I seem to take shots at him. Still think he will be the best C in the league as early as next year.

Future
Giannis
Embiid
AD
Towns
Porzingis

Injuries for the most part are unpredictable so this is my list.

Giannis94
01-07-2017, 02:49 PM
As far as ceiling, I wouldn't trade Porzingis for any of the other players on this list.
Good. giannis is the most valuable asset in the NBA.

strahan92osi72
01-07-2017, 02:55 PM

Strictly for entertainment purposes only, I gotta ask. Where would you put Jabari Parker on this list?

Crackadalic
01-07-2017, 03:06 PM

He was 1-8 in the 4th and 0-3 against the lavtian GOD. Greek God had no answer #kpbestunicorn

Giannis94
01-07-2017, 03:11 PM
He was 1-8 in the 4th and 0-3 against the lavtian GOD. Greek God had no answer #kpbestunicorn

time will tell the entire story. I'll take my guy.

strahan92osi72

He really is in such denial. Don't get me wrong, love the Greek, but to act like he's that much better is asinine. KP is 7'3, he blocks shots, runs the court well, and can shoot from anywhere, ANYWHERE. I wonder if brew was paying attention when KP hit that 30 footer against his boyfriend last night. That was sick.

Giannis94
Strictly for entertainment purposes only, I gotta ask. Where would you put Jabari Parker on this list?

slightly behing KP but both well behind Giannis

strahan92osi72
01-07-2017, 03:12 PM
time will tell the entire story. I'll take my guy.

That's fine, and we will happily take ours.

strahan92osi72
01-07-2017, 03:14 PM
slightly behing KP but both well behind Giannis

So in front of Embiid?

Giannis94
01-07-2017, 03:19 PM
So in front of Embiid?

Thats tough. Still so many question marks and other questions. I would put KP over embiid any day. Jabari and Embiid is tough because they were taken 2/3 and at the time everyone said Jabari was consensus and there are still so many questions with Embiid. Can he play? On rest, yes. Can he withstand a full season (lord forbid any playoffs games?!?!).

So if you're asking me Jabari or Embiid I will say 1.) Embiid can be the better player long term 2.) Jabari is the safer option long term 3.) Embiid has many risk factors that should not be overlooked 4.) If we were to redo the draft I would still take Jabari at #2 over Embiid if we know what we know now- then.

strahan92osi72
01-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Thats tough. Still so many question marks and other questions. I would put KP over embiid any day. Jabari and Embiid is tough because they were taken 2/3 and at the time everyone said Jabari was consensus and there are still so many questions with Embiid. Can he play? On rest, yes. Can he withstand a full season (lord forbid any playoffs games?!?!).

So if you're asking me Jabari or Embiid I will say 1.) Embiid can be the better player long term 2.) Jabari is the safer option long term 3.) Embiid has many risk factors that should not be overlooked 4.) If we were to redo the draft I would still take Jabari at #2 over Embiid if we know what we know now- then.

I agree about Embiid's health, but using that logic Parker would be taken over AD too. Embiid is a freak defensively, while Parker plays little to none. How about Parker or Wiggins? That's actually an interesting comparison.

Giannis94
01-07-2017, 03:52 PM
I agree about Embiid's health, but using that logic Parker would be taken over AD too. Embiid is a freak defensively, while Parker plays little to none. How about Parker or Wiggins? That's actually an interesting comparison.

Davis has played in 64, 67,68, 61 games. He's missed time, yes but he still plays in 79% of his teams game.

Look at Shaq:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/onealsh01.html

or Duncan:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01.html

or Dirk:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nowitdi01.html

or Klove:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01.html

So you take an eyeball at it, most of those guys miss at least 4-5 games per year for general reasons. Factor into the banging/ruggedness of the position- that leads to more injuries- with dirk having the best line from 1999-2010

Most/all big men miss at least a few games. I am more confident in AD going forward because Embiid has missed 2 seasons without playing a full season- and is bound to miss more games as his career goes on.

warfelg
01-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Most/all big men miss at least a few games. I am more confident in AD going forward because Embiid has missed 2 seasons without playing a full season- and is bound to miss more games as his career goes on.

Concussion, sore left ankle, sprained left shoulder, sprained MCL, fractured left hand, finger, left ankle, back spasms, chest contusion, sprained left toe, groin, sprained right shoulder, sprained left ankle, sprained ankle, lower back, quad, left leg contusion

I personally would rather deal with that one issue than everything that has gotten to AD

Giannis94
01-07-2017, 04:08 PM

I personally would rather deal with that one issue than everything that has gotten to AD

I can see what you're saying but with a big man, its a rough life either way.

Jamiecballer
01-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Embiids talent gives me ****ing chills

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

valade16
01-07-2017, 10:05 PM

Greg Oden had one Injury too...

warfelg
01-07-2017, 10:17 PM

Wrist surgery, then back, then right knee, then left knee, then right knee again, then left knee again.

So different injuries.

Microfracture on right that caused scar tissue build up, chipped knee cap on the left, torn patella tendon in the right, microfracture with cartilage damage on the left.

Giannis94
01-07-2017, 10:18 PM
And played in roughly 11% of his games dince being drafted. But he's still better than lebron, curry, etc of you takk to 76ers fans. I can talk Giannis like that and actually have a case.

More-Than-Most
01-07-2017, 10:26 PM
And played in roughly 11% of his games dince being drafted. But he's still better than lebron, curry, etc of you takk to 76ers fans. I can talk Giannis like that and actually have a case.

lol so mad that your boy cant touch his potential. It will be alright good buddy. Nothing wrong with being 2nd best... er 3rd best.... porz has more potential than GIA as well.

Giannis94
01-07-2017, 10:33 PM
lol so mad that your boy cant touch his potential. It will be alright good buddy. Nothing wrong with being 2nd best... er 3rd best.... porz has more potential than GIA as well.

You're not even being a troll. You're being illogical. Crazy talk. I could probably convince you that Brogdon is will be better than Simmons if i wanted to

kdspurman
01-07-2017, 11:59 PM
AD easily, I like Giannis but AD is a Tim Duncan clone maybe even better.

Ps KP in a couple I believe will be up there. He totally shut down Giannis when he guarded him

Wow... AD is so far from a Duncan clone. He plays more like KG did than Duncan. To say he's better is just so wrong

valade16
01-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Embiid is the next phenom who will be the best player in the league
Last year it was Karl Anthony-Towns
The year before it was Anthony Davis

Now Towns has defensive issues and AD gets hurt too much

Excuse me if I'm not going to anoint Embiid the savior just yet, let's see if he actually continues this or improves next season.

Miltstar
01-08-2017, 12:07 AM
Wow... AD is so far from a Duncan clone. He plays more like KG did than Duncan. To say he's better is just so wrong

Agreed... AD is nothing like Duncan

Jamiecballer
01-08-2017, 12:12 AM

Excuse me if I'm not going to anoint Embiid the savior just yet, let's see if he actually continues this or improves next season.
Fair enough but have you ever seen a skill set like that? I'm not sure I ever have..

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

kdspurman
01-08-2017, 12:13 AM

Agreed. And that can be said for most of these guys, but I agree with the overall premise

valade16
01-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Fair enough but have you ever seen a skill set like that? I'm not sure I ever have..

He is insanely talented but, and I'm not kidding, I heard the EXACT same thing about Karl-Anthony Towns last season.

I haven't done my ranking yet because it's really tough but I'd be tempted to put Giannis first just because although I think Embiid has an amazing ceiling Giannis is already a freak and still improving. I'd rather take the guy who has already begun to realize that potential over the guy who I think may end up being slightly better but as not yet realized that potential. Third would probably be AD followed by Towns then Porzingis.

Giannis94
01-08-2017, 12:44 AM
He is insanely talented but, and I'm not kidding, I heard the EXACT same thing about Karl-Anthony Towns last season.

I haven't done my ranking yet because it's really tough but I'd be tempted to put Giannis first just because although I think Embiid has an amazing ceiling Giannis is already a freak and still improving. I'd rather take the guy who has already begun to realize that potential over the guy who I think may end up being slightly better but as not yet realized that potential. Third would probably be AD followed by Towns then Porzingis.

This guy knows what he's talking about. Porzy belongs with Jabari in conversations.

More-Than-Most
01-08-2017, 01:00 AM

the thing with this though... Gia is having a fantastic season but its only been 35 games.... He has had 3 seasons before where he wasnt anything to write home about and really just exploded... Embiid in his first season so far is close to GIA current season and has not had the luxury of growing year after year like GIA has... So GIA really doesnt have the track record neither... He was good last year but nowhere close to this.

As for the other topic.. Nobody should have been crowning towns like a few of us stated before this season started.... His defense is very medicore at best.

As far as this list goes nobody has more potential/talent than embiid because of his godly skill set.... Next would be Porz... Then Gia/AD/Towns in whatever order... Towns/GIA are the much safer picks because of the Embiid and AD injury issues and the concerning factor of Porz size and how him adding bulk could do more harm than good.

I have nothing against GIA but Embiid is quite literally doing as much in 9 less minutes with next to no help while being forced to cover up for one of the worst defenders in basketball in OKA... I only have him above others because of potential... I have said that all along... His injuries will concern me for years even if he is fully healthy right now.... His defense is insane... His turnovers are an issue but he has been much better with that lately and its mostly when he tries to PG like ball handle and drive which he himself has stated he is working on... But nobody else in this list except AD is being focused in on by defenses and has so little help around him... I would love to watch everyone except probably AD fail miserably playing on this sixer team being double and triple teamed while having to play with OKA.

valade16
01-08-2017, 01:17 AM
the thing with this though... Gia is having a fantastic season but its only been 35 games.... He has had 3 seasons before where he wasnt anything to write home about and really just exploded... Embiid in his first season so far is close to GIA current season and has not had the luxury of growing year after year like GIA has... So GIA really doesnt have the track record neither... He was good last year but nowhere close to this.

As for the other topic.. Nobody should have been crowning towns like a few of us stated before this season started.... His defense is very medicore at best.

As far as this list goes nobody has more potential/talent than embiid because of his godly skill set.... Next would be Porz... Then Gia/AD/Towns in whatever order... Towns/GIA are the much safer picks because of the Embiid and AD injury issues and the concerning factor of Porz size and how him adding bulk could do more harm than good.

I have nothing against GIA but Embiid is quite literally doing as much in 9 less minutes with next to no help while being forced to cover up for one of the worst defenders in basketball in OKA... I only have him above others because of potential... I have said that all along... His injuries will concern me for years even if he is fully healthy right now.... His defense is insane... His turnovers are an issue but he has been much better with that lately and its mostly when he tries to PG like ball handle and drive which he himself has stated he is working on... But nobody else in this list except AD is being focused in on by defenses and has so little help around him... I would love to watch everyone except probably AD fail miserably playing on this sixer team being double and triple teamed while having to play with OKA.

The main thing I disagree with is that Embiid is doing as much as Giannis. He's not. Giannis is playing otherworldly this season.

Embiid:

23.2 PER | .577 TS% | .100 WS/48 | -0.2 OBPM | 2.8 DBPM | 2.6 BPM | 0.7 VORP

Giannis:

28.4 PER | .612 TS% | .254 WS/48 | 5.7 OBPM | 4.4 DBPM | 10.1 BPM | 3.8 VORP

Giannis is vastly outplaying Embiid right now. It's not a knock on Embiid, he's a rookie after all. But Giannis has taken his game to the near elite level.

I mean if Embiid comes out next year and improves on this season or starts to improve to the degree that Giannis did this last season I'd happily change my vote. But I've seen this "he's the next best thing" too many times the last few seasons after 1 great rookie campaign followed by stagnation. I certainly wasn't crowning Giannis before this season either, I need to see it.

If I were the 76ers I'd be ecstatic if Embiid becomes as impactful as Giannis in the near future. Anything after that is simply the cherry on top.

More-Than-Most
01-08-2017, 02:30 AM
The main thing I disagree with is that Embiid is doing as much as Giannis. He's not. Giannis is playing otherworldly this season.

Embiid:

23.2 PER | .577 TS% | .100 WS/48 | -0.2 OBPM | 2.8 DBPM | 2.6 BPM | 0.7 VORP

Giannis:

28.4 PER | .612 TS% | .254 WS/48 | 5.7 OBPM | 4.4 DBPM | 10.1 BPM | 3.8 VORP

Giannis is vastly outplaying Embiid right now. It's not a knock on Embiid, he's a rookie after all. But Giannis has taken his game to the near elite level.

I mean if Embiid comes out next year and improves on this season or starts to improve to the degree that Giannis did this last season I'd happily change my vote. But I've seen this "he's the next best thing" too many times the last few seasons after 1 great rookie campaign followed by stagnation. I certainly wasn't crowning Giannis before this season either, I need to see it.

If I were the 76ers I'd be ecstatic if Embiid becomes as impactful as Giannis in the near future. Anything after that is simply the cherry on top.

yea i have no issues at all with people taking Gia... i just think if we are going to use track record against embiid we need to also see if gia is capable of being close to this for more than 35 games.

Crackadalic
01-08-2017, 05:59 AM
This guy knows what he's talking about. Porzy belongs with Jabari in conversations.

Lmao parker can't touch any of these Guys jock strap.

KP ***** on parker its not even funny.

If I'm being as serious as possible its

Embiid
AD
KP/Towns
Greek Freak

Giannis94
01-08-2017, 08:56 AM

Embiid
AD
KP/Towns
Greek Freak

Lol

basketfan4life
01-08-2017, 12:28 PM
I don't get why people underestimate Giannis this much. He is unbelievable, a summer of shooting practice, he will be unstoppable. I can't answer this question, all of these guys are insane.

And about Jabari, he is just coming to his own, he is a lot more athletic than i tought, he looks like he is going to be a scoring machine. May be a superstar.

tp13baby
01-08-2017, 02:08 PM

Embiid
AD
KP/Towns
Greek Freak

I know Brewer is a homer that has said some absurd stuff, but this is hate. Giannis what he is doing this year assuming he improves which he very well should no way is last. There has been no argument on why people put him last, they just put him last because people can't stand Brewer.

I'm with Brewer Giannis is Lebron 2.0 when he finally hits his peak.

valade16
01-08-2017, 02:49 PM
yea i have no issues at all with people taking Gia... i just think if we are going to use track record against embiid we need to also see if gia is capable of being close to this for more than 35 games.

Well consider Giannis has been playing at this level longer than Embiid has been playing at his.

Embiid may very well pass Giannis but at this point I say give me the surer thing, especially when he's still so young.

KnicksorBust
01-08-2017, 06:20 PM
It is actually a sick list bc whoever you put last you feel like an idiot.

kdspurman
01-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Agreed... AD is nothing like Duncan

Yup. Not even a good/close comparison

Crackadalic
01-08-2017, 07:00 PM
I know Brewer is a homer that has said some absurd stuff, but this is hate. Giannis what he is doing this year assuming he improves which he very well should no way is last. There has been no argument on why people put him last, they just put him last because people can't stand Brewer.

I was just being a dick to him. He knows it.

Tbh it's hard who to rank. I think Embiid has the potential and the rest is more of personal preference

TRIUMPHATOR
01-08-2017, 07:10 PM

LOL , so much truth to this comment.

I also think Giannis has that type of potential, but Brewer makes it tough to love the kid....

That said, he explained himself in one of his posts, so I'm getting back on the Ant train. If he becomes great, then he can just say I told you so, as opposed to I'm telling you.

I'm not good with people telling me.

All good Brewer. In books it's:

Giannis
KP
KAT
Embid
AD

IKnowHoops
01-08-2017, 07:47 PM

No bias

IKnowHoops
01-08-2017, 07:51 PM

I really like Giannis, but I am here to tell you, he will never be Peak Lebron. He will never be current Lebron. He could surpass Magic though.

More-Than-Most
01-08-2017, 08:21 PM
That guy Embiid today.

FlashBolt
01-09-2017, 03:52 AM
hey, regardless of who you guys choose, it's crazy how much talent these guys have. NBA is in safe hands with all these guys. Would be a beauty to see them all play and grow against each other. Don't forget about guys like Booker, Wiggins, Jabari, Simmons, and a few others who will come up eventually. I don't think there is a wrong answer at all. I'd prefer Giannis. I would put Embiid #2 but I need to see him play upwards of 33 minutes per game before I can select him over other guys who are actually doing it. Crazy how Towns has ZERO votes. Dude was voted the #1 player to build around, wasn't he?

Giannis94
01-09-2017, 08:22 AM
That guy Embiid today.
That mia khalifa jab, though

KnicksorBust
01-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Towns - 22ppg/12rpg/3apg/2bpg and can hit 3's

The NBA has gone down a crazy rabbit hole where we got 4 guys approximately 7'0 who can hit 3's and block shots and last year's rookie of the year is dead last in this vote. :laugh: I'm taking the most proven of the 5 and going with Anthony Davis. The "upside" argument doesn't sway me here because theoretically any one of them could be an MVP if they reach their "full" potential.

Giannis94
01-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Towns - 22ppg/12rpg/3apg/2bpg and can hit 3's

The NBA has gone down a crazy rabbit hole where we got 4 guys approximately 7'0 who can hit 3's and block shots and last year's rookie of the year is dead last in this vote. :laugh: I'm taking the most proven of the 5 and going with Anthony Davis. The "upside" argument doesn't sway me here because theoretically any one of them could be an MVP if they reach their "full" potential.

You know the next guy to join that list? Thon Maker. Mark my words.

More-Than-Most
01-09-2017, 01:09 PM

isnt he like 39 though?

More-Than-Most
01-09-2017, 01:11 PM
The thing with Towns is... His defense is pretty meh but i started watching the wolves a bit lately and he really has no help it seems on defense outside of rubio... If Towns defense is bad wiggins is literally the worst... Towns/Embiid and Porz have it pretty rough trying to cover up for wiggins/oka/rose

FlashBolt
01-09-2017, 01:51 PM
I said the same thing with Towns and will say it again for every other player. Those stats are nice and all but once teams figure you out, you have to change your game again. Towns hasn't done that this season. I feel like Giannis is continuously improving all aspects of his game every year whereas Towns has a skillset that is so fundamentally sound to where we might be seeing the finished result. I know that sounds crazy but that's how good he was last season. Embiid on the other hand also has serious potential. Again, him breaking that minutes restriction and staying healthy is the only evidence I need. You can't have your main player barely cracking 26 minutes per game while sitting 30% of available games thus far. Hopefully we see him get more minutes as he develops further because he's special. I like AD but I'm just waiting for the wrong landing and him being sidelined for another 20-30 games. Porzingis is legit. Love this dude. Everyone in NY that I know hates Melo and wants them to build around Porzingis. I really hope Knicks don't screw it up with Porzingis. They need a legitimate point guard and some wings who can shoot/defend because it's looking like Porzingis and Noah are the only ones interested in defending.

KnicksorBust
01-09-2017, 03:33 PM

You know what's annoying? My initial response when I saw this post was to ask what you thought about him so far but I generally avoid quoting you because I have no clue if you are serious since you constantly troll.

warfelg
01-09-2017, 03:40 PM
You know what's annoying? My initial response when I saw this post was to ask what you thought about him so far but I generally avoid quoting you because I have no clue if you are serious since you constantly troll.

I tell you what that 50 year old rookie that gets 4 mpg....stud.

FlashBolt
01-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Brewer wishes Thon Maker ends up like Embiid.. Would be a scary thought, though.

Giannis94
01-09-2017, 03:47 PM

You can rip me if you want but it should be pretty clear that I watch 1 NBA team.

In regards to Thon and what I think about him:

He may be raw-er than Giannis. He has hit some 3's so far and needs to fill out and add muscle. He has potential and is more of a Q than Giannis because Giannis played in Greece. I dunno, Bucks probably had higher potential than anyone left on the board?

Giannis94
01-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Brewer wishes Thon Maker ends up like Embiid.. Would be a scary thought, though.

I mean with all our our other top players being tall and athletic as hell, it would be scary.

FlashBolt
01-09-2017, 04:15 PM
I mean with all our our other top players being tall and athletic as hell, it would be scary.

Yeah, but stop with the Maker nonsense... dude might as well be undrafted because he hasn't done anything. And he looks years older than his stated age...