PDA

View Full Version : Is Mike Conley the Greatest Non "All-Star" of All-Time?

Chronz
01-07-2017, 12:01 AM
Name another better

Name another cuter

Toxeryll
01-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Mike Bibby was pretty good in his SAC days

Avenged
01-07-2017, 12:41 AM
Korver is cuter, I guess.

Lol

dhopisthename
01-07-2017, 01:12 AM
Hayward would be up there if he played as he is now the next two years and didn't make it.

kdspurman
01-07-2017, 01:30 AM
Lamar Odom & Ron Harper come to mind...

Hopefully Conley finally gets in

Sadds The Gr8
01-07-2017, 01:36 AM
Lamar Odom & Ron Harper come to mind...

Hopefully Conley finally gets in

no chance

tredigs
01-07-2017, 01:37 AM
Korver is cuter, I guess.

Lol

But... an All Star.

Gordon Hayward is starting to build a case if he never gets one. Mike Bibby I don't think was ever an All Star. But yeah, I'd say Conley is up there. Speaks to the depth of the guards in the West (even Kobe's honorary selection last year was at the forward spot. Ditto Duncan's nod).

kdspurman
01-07-2017, 01:45 AM
no chance

Maybe an injury gets him in, who knows. It's a long shot, not to mention his injury.

Chronz
01-07-2017, 02:08 AM
Hayward would be up there if he played as he is now the next two years and didn't make it.
In terms of ability or cuteness?

*Silver&Black*
01-07-2017, 02:33 AM
Maybe, all I know is he's my favorite player in the NBA. Screw the All-star game.

europagnpilgrim
01-07-2017, 02:45 AM
Strickland/Odom/Bibby, its more I'm sure but off top of my dome those came to mind but I could be wrong about those since they could have possibly been a injury sub

on deck: K Walker but he may crack it this or next few years at worst

ewing
01-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Ron Baker. have you seen that Beatles cut? I licked his gooch

Sadds The Gr8
01-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Maybe an injury gets him in, who knows. It's a long shot, not to mention his injury.

yea injury is his only chance. West guards are too stacked

GiantsSwaGG
01-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Ron Baker says hello

Giannis94
01-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Giannis says hello, but that will change in a month or so.

JasonJohnHorn
01-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Marcus Camby? I know some on PSD think he was a great 'shot blocker' and not a great defender, but dude won DPOY. You'd think they'd give him a spot on the AST. Better than Conley? not sure I'd say that, but there is a case to be made.

I always though Jalen Rose should have been an AS a few times, but once his relationship with indy soured, things never seemed to get back on track. He looked like he had so much potential under Bird as coach.... but then... :-( I think, starting with nothing, I'd likely take Jalen Rose over Conley, but it would be a close call either way. Not sure you could say he is better, but certainly as good.

Cedric Maxwell has a finals MVP and no All-Star appearances. Seems kinda odd. At least as good as Conley in his prime.

Sam Perkins was pretty good, but he was always on the fringe. His game was ahead of its time. Today, him and guys like Laimbeer would be a godsend with their range, but back then they were more like niche players. Laimbeer at least got on the AST. <Conley.

Sabonis. Part of the reason for this snub is that he started so old.... had his prime years been played in the NBA, he would have had some. >Conley? I'd say he likely was, but his best years in the NBA weren't as good as Conley's.

Rod Strickland had some great seasons... nearly a 20/10 player at the point. But he wasn't the defender Conley is, and his 3pt shot was $#!T. He did lead the league in assists one year.... that's gotta count for something. It's pretty rare that you lead the league in one of the major statistical categories and do well in others and not make the AST. Still... can't say that Strickland was better. Perhaps as good, but not better.

Odom is an obvious pick. Great talent. Better than Conley? Not sure. I'd say they are about even, but drastically different players who are hard to compare.

I wouldn't say that Jason 'White Chocolate' Williams was a better player, but I was surprised that he never made an AS appearance with the Kings. He was flashy, and was on every highlight reel... fans seemed to love him, so I'm surprised that he didn't get in. < Conley

There is certainly a case for Ron Harper. That guy was GREAT!!! I love watching him play. But he played well on $#!TTy teams and when he got to Chi-town he turned into a role player. But especially then, he became a great defender. Better than Conley? I think Conley had more to offer in terms of overall impact. < Conley

Looking at what guys put out on the floor... I'd say it is hard to find somebody who is better than Conley who hasn't made an AST, but there are certainly a few players who are as good.

Miltstar
01-07-2017, 11:19 PM
Len Bias

Lakers + Giants
01-08-2017, 12:37 AM
Lamar Odom

dhopisthename
01-08-2017, 01:29 AM
In terms of ability or cuteness?

both

Jamiecballer
01-08-2017, 01:29 AM