PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Voting Updates

warfelg
01-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Current Eastern Conference Front Court Leaders:

warfelg
01-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Full leaderboard:

Sorry it's a joke Zaza is even mentioned.

Vee-Rex
01-05-2017, 04:07 PM
Zaza is BEAST. :laugh2:

A KING/GOD frontcourt is NASTY.

warfelg
01-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Zaza is BEAST. :laugh2:

A KING/GOD frontcourt is NASTY.

Yea Embiid is a king and god. Lol.

But LBJ, Giannis, Embiid would be fuuuuuun

Shammyguy3
01-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Zaza's gonna start in an all-star game when he's not even cracking a full 18mpg. What a load of ****

warfelg
01-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Zaza's gonna start in an all-star game when he's not even cracking a full 18mpg. What a load of ****

Well there's still time. This is just first update. Like Wade is slated to start right now and I bet someone passes him.

Heediot
01-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Zaza with more votes than Dray.

Dray's PR and image took a big hit.

JasonJohnHorn
01-05-2017, 04:50 PM
I've had a hard on for Zaza for a decade and always saw him as grossly underappreciated and in need of the right spot.

That said... 2? Ahead of Davis? And DMC? Leonard? Towns? Blake? Gasol? Gasal? and practically every other starting front court player in the west? I mean... come on... he's ahead of Green for crying out loud! That means GSW fans are voting for him ahead of Green?

That could end up landing GSW five AS.

Avenged
01-05-2017, 05:19 PM
Zaza Pachulia.. I'd love for this to happen :laugh2:

JasonJohnHorn
01-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Zaza Pachulia.. I'd love for this to happen :laugh2:

As long as Green misses out on his spot because of it... lol

I mean... Bogut did more for that team than Zaza; why are the fans so hard for Zaza when they weren't for Bogut?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-05-2017, 06:38 PM
The fan vote only accounts for 50 percent of the vote towards the starting lineup, fwiw.

mightybosstone
01-05-2017, 06:43 PM
I just don't understand how Zaza is getting that many votes. If we assume that 90+ percent of the votes for Zaza are coming from Warriors fans, then it's safe to assume that the vast majority of those voters picked Durant and Curry. If that's the case, how do those guys only have like 100K and 70K more votes than him? And how did Thompson and Green end up with so few? There must be non-Warriors fans voting for the guy, but if so, where in the hell are those votes coming from and why? And why would they vote for Zaza ahead of Green?

In addition to that truly awful, mind boggling mistake, Wade should not be ahead of Derozan and Thomas, and Curry should not be ahead of Harden and Westbrook. Hopefully these mistakes all get fixed by the end of voting...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-05-2017, 06:47 PM
I just don't understand how Zaza is getting that many votes. If we assume that 90+ percent of the votes for Zaza are coming from Warriors fans, then it's safe to assume that the vast majority of those voters picked Durant and Curry. If that's the case, how do those guys only have like 100K and 70K more votes than him? And how did Thompson and Green end up with so few? There must be non-Warriors fans voting for the guy, but if so, where in the hell are those votes coming from and why? And why would they vote for Zaza ahead of Green?

In addition to that truly awful, mind boggling mistake, Wade should not be ahead of Derozan and Thomas, and Curry should not be ahead of Harden and Westbrook. Hopefully these mistakes all get fixed by the end of voting...

He got this many votes last year too because of Georgia. He barely missed out last year

tredigs
01-05-2017, 07:12 PM
A) Golden State fans are not the ones voting for Zaza, it's his country. Did you guys forget last season already? He was a vote leader for quite a while.

B) He won't get in. Players and media now account for 50% of the vote and he will not be on any ballots. Even if he had the most votes of all players, it wouldn't be enough without the media and/or players on his side.

Glad to see Giannis will clearly be a starter, but disappointed to see the East voting for Wade/Irving. Lowry/Wall/Kemba (having a career year) are getting straight disrespected. All have been better than Wade/Irving.

IndyRealist
01-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Where's Brewer to say that Giannis is being disrespected because he's 100k votes lower than Lebron? :D

Clint Olbrock
01-05-2017, 07:29 PM
Cavs showing well, much deserved! 💪

aman_13
01-05-2017, 07:48 PM
They should stop with the fan voting all together.

More-Than-Most
01-05-2017, 08:20 PM
when you factor in his defense alone Embiid deserves to start... now factor in the 19/8 and so on down the list in like 23 minutes of work... GOAT

Avenged
01-05-2017, 08:45 PM
when you factor in his defense alone Embiid deserves to start... now factor in the 19/8 and so on down the list in like 23 minutes of work... GOAT

You should face off with that Brewer guy. Their should be a poll! Who has a creepier obsession? lol

FlashBolt
01-05-2017, 09:15 PM
Giannis and LeBron together.. MY GOD.

tredigs
01-05-2017, 09:48 PM
You should face off with that Brewer guy. Their should be a poll! Who has a creepier obsession? lol

MTM was the preseason favorite but Brewer came on strong and is relentless in his pursuit for Obsessed Fan Of The Year. It's a neck and neck battle and I for one can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds.

Stunner
01-05-2017, 09:59 PM
Well there's still time. This is just first update. Like Wade is slated to start right now and I bet someone passes him.

Yea Wade gonna get in he's too popular

Stunner
01-05-2017, 10:01 PM
Gonna be sad Butler won't be starting but I hope

TBH PG should be a 3 man race in the east between Kyrie / Wall / IT

Butler should get the SG spot / Giannis at SF / Bron at PF and Embiid at Center

warfelg
01-05-2017, 10:19 PM
Yea Wade gonna get in he's too popular

50% fan vote, 25% players, 25% front office so doesn't mean he's 100% starting.

More-Than-Most
01-05-2017, 10:33 PM
MTM was the preseason favorite but Brewer came on strong and is relentless in his pursuit for Obsessed Fan Of The Year. It's a neck and neck battle and I for one can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds.

:laugh:

not even mad you and avenged get a :clap: lol

I cant help it.... I love embiid so much

aman_13
01-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Gonna be sad Butler won't be starting but I hope

TBH PG should be a 3 man race in the east between Kyrie / Wall / IT

Butler should get the SG spot / Giannis at SF / Bron at PF and Embiid at Center

Kyle Lowry should be starting at PG.

TheDish87
01-06-2017, 09:43 AM

i could do without it lol.

GodsSon
01-06-2017, 10:43 AM
Fan voting needs to stop.

Zaza Pachulia being currently second in West front-court voting is a complete joke.

NFLAccess
01-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Giannis!

tp13baby
01-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Fan voting needs to stop.

Zaza Pachulia being currently second in West front-court voting is a complete joke.

lol I won't watch any part of the allstar weekend with Zaza in.

Giannis94
01-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Yea Embiid is a king and god. Lol.

But LBJ, Giannis, Embiid would be fuuuuuun

Imagine a 3 v 3 tourney with Say Giannis, Embiid and Durant/Harden.

Giannis94
01-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Where's Brewer to say that Giannis is being disrespected because he's 100k votes lower than Lebron? :D

Oh he's hella underrated. We should do an ESPN show for Giannis and boradcast it in Greece- except that he's not a benedict arnold. Oh and he would never make a promise that he can't keep (not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4- baby stepys Lebron).

warfelg
01-12-2017, 07:32 PM

Voting updated.

Giannis94
01-12-2017, 08:12 PM
Damn, Giannis almsot doubles Embiid up

Clint Olbrock
01-12-2017, 08:22 PM
Cavs BIG 3 all still holding starting spots, players and media still have to vote though.

More-Than-Most
01-12-2017, 08:32 PM
Damn, Giannis almsot doubles Embiid up

if my boy were playing more minutes he would be putting up 27/11/3/3 and not only would be leading the votes they would give him all 5 starting spots.... it would be the west vs the process and i might be going out on a limb here a tad but 5 vs 1 and the game would still be close son :shrug:

Embiid blocks Durant.... embiid on the fast break with embiid passing to embiid for the 3 and the lead.

Giannis94
01-12-2017, 08:52 PM
if my boy were playing more minutes he would be putting up 27/11/3/3 and not only would be leading the votes they would give him all 5 starting spots.... it would be the west vs the process and i might be going out on a limb here a tad but 5 vs 1 and the game would still be close son :shrug:

Embiid blocks Durant.... embiid on the fast break with embiid passing to embiid for the 3 and the lead.

Giannis right now is Embiids peak/pinnacle. Except that embiid doesn't play pg, sg, or sf

More-Than-Most
01-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Giannis right now is Embiids peak/pinnacle. Except that embiid doesn't play pg, sg, or sf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfEbDxr5lDY

watch from 1 minute and 50 seconds in the video till the end... tell me when GIA ever did anything like that on both ends?

Then watch the post game and tell me when Gia could ever dance or troll like embiid is doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x71O04LI1VM

Giannis94
01-12-2017, 10:58 PM

watch from 1 minute and 50 seconds in the video till the end... tell me when GIA ever did anything like that on both ends?

Then watch the post game and tell me when Gia could ever dance or troll like embiid is doing

Who is GIA? It's GOAT to you, and Giannis doesn't troll because he is the NBAs chosen one. He is single-handedly Making the Buckd Great Again.

More-Than-Most
01-13-2017, 12:29 AM
Who is GIA? It's GOAT to you, and Giannis doesn't troll because he is the NBAs chosen one. He is single-handedly Making the Buckd Great Again.

they beat the spurs without him. :shrug:

mrblisterdundee
01-13-2017, 03:40 AM
Full leaderboard:

Sorry it's a joke Zaza is even mentioned.

I know; has he been marketing himself in China? That's the biggest crime in the west.
In the east, it's Dwyane Wade getting more votes than his vastly superior teammate Jimmy Butler, along with DeMar DeRozan, Isaiah Thomas and Kyle Lowry.

PhillyFaninLA
01-13-2017, 04:15 AM

this is the moment I realized what Embiid can be for us, for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38avfU_Tv1k

If Embiid stays healthy and gets a bit better this play will be the equivalant of Iverson's crossover on MJ.

For those that don't know, he blocked Lebron 3 times, but who does the above to Lebron.

DubbyDubbs
01-13-2017, 07:44 AM
this is the moment I realized what Embiid can be for us, for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38avfU_Tv1k

If Embiid stays healthy and gets a bit better this play will be the equivalant of Iverson's crossover on MJ.

For those that don't know, he blocked Lebron 3 times, but who does the above to Lebron.

You realized what Embiid can be because of a clear as day goaltend?

Giannis94
01-13-2017, 09:06 AM
they beat the spurs without him. :shrug:

LMA had the flue. So take it with a grain of salt in the grand scheme of things. Bucks supporting cast outside of Jabari outperformed the Spurs outside kf Kawhi.

And I am not comparing them in any other context aside fron the fact they were their teams no 1 option that game ao haters be gone.

tredigs
01-13-2017, 12:00 PM

Literally the exact words i said in my head.

aman_13
01-13-2017, 12:49 PM
Lowry hasn't even hit 300,000 votes and Irving and Irving is nearing a million votes. Smh.

tredigs
01-13-2017, 01:03 PM
Lowry hasn't even hit 300,000 votes and Irving and Irving is nearing a million votes. Smh.

I blame his post-season flops for his failure to resonate on the national level (despite clearly playing better ball right now). And Canada.

Giannis94
01-13-2017, 01:06 PM
I blame his post-season flops for his failure to resonate on the national level (despite clearly playing better ball right now). And Canada.

canada doesn't care about basketball apparently

aman_13
01-13-2017, 01:09 PM

I'm thinking it's his playoff performance as well. He was getting a lot more votes last yr and end up starting so I don't think it has much to do with Canada.

He definitely has a lot to prove this yr come playoff time.

PhillyFaninLA
01-13-2017, 04:29 PM

So doing that to Lebron isn't impressive and its not clear as day if you know what goal tending is.

Goaltending or not, people don't get Lebron from behind.

To quote Taylor Swift "Haters gonna hate, hate hate"

tredigs
01-13-2017, 05:44 PM
So doing that to Lebron isn't impressive and its not clear as day if you know what goal tending is.

Lbj was not moving particularly quickly and it was a layup... that he missed (yes, clearly a goaltend... the ball bounced off the backboard before he hit it... it was clear).

Just not the best example of his (vast) potential imo.

More-Than-Most
01-13-2017, 06:39 PM
Lbj was not moving particularly quickly and it was a layup... that he missed (yes, clearly a goaltend... the ball bounced off the backboard before he hit it... it was clear).

you are not taking into account the god aura... meaning the aura around his frame thus when he touched that ball you need to realize the aura around him touched the ball first thus it looked like a goal-tend to the naked eye but really wasnt when you factor in this : )

Giannis94
01-14-2017, 07:55 AM
you are not taking into account the god aura... meaning the aura around his frame thus when he touched that ball you need to realize the aura around him touched the ball first thus it looked like a goal-tend to the naked eye but really wasnt when you factor in this : )

Processing what you're even trying to say. Processing,.........

PhillyFaninLA
01-14-2017, 09:01 AM

I'm not saying it wasn't goaltending, granted I did imply it....I am saying it wasn't clear as day as the person I quoted said, if you watch in real time its not clear as day. Lebron was moving slower than he could have gone,. but he was navigating around people, and once he got to the three point line he picked up his pace a bit, and was beat from behind, goal tending or not that does not happen to Lebron. Also look at where Embiid was before he came into frame to make the play. Goal tending or not, that is a heck of a play and not many players ever do that or even think to try.

I also want to acknowledge that I am aware you are actually stating something positive in your last sentence and clearly stating your point. One this site we don't always get a great counter point and positive statement in posts, so I wanted to acknowledge you for that.

Clint Olbrock
01-14-2017, 10:42 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/01/13/john-wall-all-star-votes-giannis-antetokounmpo/96555326/

Wall going all out for the Cavs, I like it! My guy!

"I'd say me, Kyrie (Irving) or Isaiah (Thomas), one of those two, they're playing great," Wall said. "LeBron (James). However you say the guy from Milwaukee's name, I don't know how to say his name. I don't want to say it wrong. ... And probably Kevin Love."

Giannis94
01-14-2017, 11:54 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/01/13/john-wall-all-star-votes-giannis-antetokounmpo/96555326/

Wall going all out for the Cavs, I like it! My guy!

"I'd say me, Kyrie (Irving) or Isaiah (Thomas), one of those two, they're playing great," Wall said. "LeBron (James). However you say the guy from Milwaukee's name, I don't know how to say his name. I don't want to say it wrong. ... And probably Kevin Love."

oh calm down. that will be all bucks in a few years- based on past trends at least.

Clint Olbrock
01-14-2017, 01:04 PM
oh calm down. that will be all bucks in a few years- based on past trends at least.

Doubt it.

Stunner
01-16-2017, 10:13 AM
Jimmy needs more respect especially above Love . Giannis/ Bron /Butler/ Embiid should have the most votes in the front court

Clint Olbrock
01-16-2017, 10:40 AM
Jimmy needs more respect especially above Love . Giannis/ Bron /Butler/ Embiid should have the most votes in the front court

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.. Are you putting in the necessary work to get him those votes? Is he vying for votes? Are the Bulls marketing him for votes?

It won't matter much because Butler can get more media votes than Love can, I'm unsure on player votes could be a toss up or a little tip towards Love since he's the only player in the East averaging a double-double on 20+ points and 10+ rebounds.. Only 1 of 16 guys even averaging a double-double in the league..

Respect? Love is doing this as a 3rd option where Butler is doing it as a 1a/1b option, as far a usage.

DubbyDubbs
01-16-2017, 11:49 AM

I am aware of what goal tending is. That was goal tending... If the ball hits the backboard before being swatted, that constitutes a goal tend.

Giannis94
01-16-2017, 01:14 PM
Doubt it.

History repeats itself. Look at 2010 and 2014.

Clint Olbrock
01-16-2017, 01:49 PM
History repeats itself. Look at 2010 and 2014.

So what? That doesn't include your Bucks..

Stunner
01-16-2017, 05:17 PM
Coulda, shoulda, woulda.. Are you putting in the necessary work to get him those votes? Is he vying for votes? Are the Bulls marketing him for votes?

It won't matter much because Butler can get more media votes than Love can, I'm unsure on player votes could be a toss up or a little tip towards Love since he's the only player in the East averaging a double-double on 20+ points and 10+ rebounds.. Only 1 of 16 guys even averaging a double-double in the league..

Respect? Love is doing this as a 3rd option where Butler is doing it as a 1a/1b option, as far a usage.

Far starters yes I am putting in work promoting Jimmy on my twitter account daily

2nd love putting up great numbers as a 3rd option to Bron and Kyrie isn't that spectacular to me . He's doing what he should be doing with his level of talent .

Love is one of 16 doing his thing while Jimmy is 1 of 5 in the league averaging his with the lowest usage % of those 5 players .

Oh and the usage argument , Butler isn't the highest usage player on the team Wade is . Another fact

Kevin Love usage this season is 27.4

Butler is 27.4 as well

Kevin Love usage is currently slightly under what he had in Minny as the main guy .

The Bullsí net rating is +3 when Jimmy Butler is on the court and -10.9 (significantly worse than the league-worst Nets) when he sits.

https://twitter.com/highkin/status/820762123626287104

Jimmy Butler is average 55.8 points per 48 minutes in the clutch.

Some of Jimmy Butler's numbers in the clutch since Rondo moved to the bench.
USG: 49.9
AST%: 42.9
TS%: 77.7
Net RTG: 70.2
Pts/48: 88.4

Jimmy Butler is 40-of-41 from the free-throw line in the clutch this year.

In other words Jimmy Is a monster

Clint Olbrock
01-16-2017, 06:27 PM
Far starters yes I am putting in work promoting Jimmy on my twitter account daily

2nd love putting up great numbers as a 3rd option to Bron and Kyrie isn't that spectacular to me . He's doing what he should be doing with his level of talent .

Love is one of 16 doing his thing while Jimmy is 1 of 5 in the league averaging his with the lowest usage % of those 5 players .

Oh and the usage argument , Butler isn't the highest usage player on the team Wade is . Another fact

Kevin Love usage this season is 27.4

Butler is 27.4 as well

Kevin Love usage is currently slightly under what he had in Minny as the main guy .

The Bullsí net rating is +3 when Jimmy Butler is on the court and -10.9 (significantly worse than the league-worst Nets) when he sits.

https://twitter.com/highkin/status/820762123626287104

Jimmy Butler is average 55.8 points per 48 minutes in the clutch.

Some of Jimmy Butler's numbers in the clutch since Rondo moved to the bench.
USG: 49.9
AST%: 42.9
TS%: 77.7
Net RTG: 70.2
Pts/48: 88.4

Jimmy Butler is 40-of-41 from the free-throw line in the clutch this year.

In other words Jimmy Is a monster

Okay, maybe you are but I've not seen much from Jimmy himself or the Bulls, not saying they aren't pushing it.. Just saying I've not noticed it.

IDK how a dude averaging 21 PPG and 11 RPG isn't spectacular to you.. Especially as a third option but hey that's your opinion.

Love is 1 of 16 averaging a double-double.. He is 1 of 5 guys in the NBA averaging 20+ points and 10+ rebounds.. The ONLY player of those 5 to reside in the East.. That's impressive to me, even Wall touched on that fact.

I didn't say he had the highest usage on the Bulls but him and Wade are damn close, why I said a 1a/1b option.. I don't think anyone would argue he is the 2nd option, but that's just me.

It depends what site you are using to get your usage stats, without you citing one as a point of reference, they all have slightly different values.

Like i say before, Jimmy can easily grab more media votes than Love, it's how it is. Love will probably get more fan vote because of the great marketing the Cavs have been doing, and mean damn man they got Tristan Thompson in the top 10 for front court players. I'm unsure what way the players will vote, I know some will stick to just their team and people like Wall like seeing Love return to his Wolves form, some will like how Butler has taken that next step in the clutch.. Either way both guys SHOULD make the team, even if it comes down to the head coaches picking one or the other as a reserve.

Giannis94
01-16-2017, 07:32 PM
So what? That doesn't include your Bucks..

Oh but it is. Lebron will see the quartet of stars in Giannis, Middleton, Jabari, and Maker- with Broggy as a defneisve ace and he will take less $$ to be the 5th star. Its just who he is. He's done it before and I expect it to happen again

Clint Olbrock
01-16-2017, 07:47 PM
Oh but it is. Lebron will see the quartet of stars in Giannis, Middleton, Jabari, and Maker- with Broggy as a defneisve ace and he will take less $$ to be the 5th star. Its just who he is. He's done it before and I expect it to happen again

None of those guys will ever be stars outside of greek freak. Parker has the potential to but it won't be for a long time. Maker is intriguing but there is also the possibility that he's like 30, lol.

Also, quit playing around, lol

Giannis94
01-16-2017, 09:56 PM
None of those guys will ever be stars outside of greek freak. Parker has the potential to but it won't be for a long time. Maker is intriguing but there is also the possibility that he's like 30, lol.

Also, quit playing around, lol

Lets check lebrons birth certificate. I call ********. If I didn't know any better, I would assume he is a retired janitor/usher/old-person-job shooting casually before the game.

warfelg
01-19-2017, 09:04 PM

Teams named. Joel Embiid not a starter despite winning 3rd in fan vote [emoji49]

Stunner
01-19-2017, 09:16 PM

Teams named. Joel Embiid not a starter despite winning 3rd in fan vote [emoji49]

I mean he's the 4th best front court player that would have been selected . If there was a center spot he gets it

warfelg
01-19-2017, 09:29 PM
I mean he's the 4th best front court player that would have been selected . If there was a center spot he gets it

That was fan voting. I heard he was 3rd in media, 7th in player voting.

Player voting:

warfelg
01-19-2017, 09:35 PM
A highlight of the stupidity of the all star voting this year:

Stunner
01-19-2017, 10:39 PM
That was fan voting. I heard he was 3rd in media, 7th in player voting.

Player voting:

Butler was 3rd in media and player voting , Embiid was 8th in player and 5th in media.

Giannis94
01-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Butler was 3rd in media and player voting , Embiid was 8th in player and 5th in media.
Loom at that drop off from Giannis and Lebron to Butler and Pg. Giannis definitley belongs above Butler in any player discussion