PDA

View Full Version : What one realistic trade do you want your team to make

PhillyFaninLA
01-05-2017, 08:48 AM
I think this could be an interesting topic....exactly what the topic says...what 1 deal that is realistic do you want your team to make between now and the deadline (use more than 1, if more than 1 is realistic)

I look forward to reading your thoughts and ideas

Wade n Fade
01-05-2017, 06:23 PM
The Heat to trade Goran Dragic in a deal netting a 1st round pick. Probably Orlando in a deal with Ellington + Dragic for Peyton, a first, and some expiring contract to balance out the $.

5ass
01-05-2017, 07:31 PM
The Heat to trade Goran Dragic in a deal netting a 1st round pick. Probably Orlando in a deal with Ellington + Dragic for Peyton, a first, and some expiring contract to balance out the $.

I dont think the Magic would do that. I'd rather keep Payton than trade him fir Dragic. He's looking very good recently. I'd trade a first and DJ/Green though.

LanceUpperCut
01-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Corey Joseph and the Raptors 1st for Nerlens Noel

Ross, Sully Raps 1st for Millsap

Ross-Val-Poeltl-clips1st for Cousins

PP-Wright-1st for Ibaka

Avenged
01-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Everyone on the Lakers for Westbrook.

get it done Mitch! heck, Mitch will even throw in himself to take one for the team. Jeanie Buss is also on the market if interested.

:sigh:

JAZZNC
01-05-2017, 08:31 PM
Derrick Favors, Rodney Hood, Alex Burks and a 1st for King Klay.

Probably not all that realistic but could help solve some of the immediate and long term problems for the Warriors and we get Klay...I dunno, sounds good in my head anyways.

More-Than-Most
01-05-2017, 08:34 PM

Probably not all that realistic but could help solve some of the immediate and long term problems for the Warriors and we get Klay...I dunno, sounds good in my head anyways.

if klay goes anywhere its the sixers.

Quinnsanity
01-06-2017, 02:16 AM
Carmelo for peanuts. Seriously. I don't care what we get. I just want him off of the team.

mrblisterdundee
01-06-2017, 03:32 AM
The Magic max Serge Ibaka. They play him at power forward with Nik Vucevic at center and Aaron Gordon at small forward, failing completely to spread the floor. Ibaka demands a trade in the first year of his new five-year contract as the Magic continue to bottom-feed during his prime. The Trailblazers offer up C.J. McCollum and a role player for Ibaka, who anchors Portland's defense.
The Blazers start going small, fast and offensively-defensively balanced with Ibaka at center, along with Damian Lillard, Allen Crabbe, Moe Harkless and Al-Farouq Aminu. Success ensues.

mrblisterdundee
01-06-2017, 03:50 AM
Carmelo for peanuts. Seriously. I don't care what we get. I just want him off of the team.

If he can embrace playing power forward and taking a secondary role, I could see Carmelo Anthony working in Toronto. How about Terrence Ross, Cory Joseph and either Patrick Patterson or Jakob Poetl for Carmelo Anthony?
Anthony would be a fairly good second or third option in Toronto, making life easier for himself, Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan. I don't see a a successful scenario where Anthony doesn't play a small-ball four, a la Paul Pierce.

mrblisterdundee
01-06-2017, 03:53 AM
I wonder how much traction there is for a swap of Carmelo Anthony and Blake Griffin. He'd fit well with Kristaps Porzingis in the front court. Anthony would provide more floor spacing for a team that's proven statistically to not miss Griffin much, regardless of how good he is.

IndyRealist
01-06-2017, 05:17 AM
No one wants Melo, and someone mentioned he has a no trade clause. He's not leaving New York.

PhillyFaninLA
01-06-2017, 06:39 AM
I wonder how much traction there is for a swap of Carmelo Anthony and Blake Griffin. He'd fit well with Kristaps Porzingis in the front court. Anthony would provide more floor spacing for a team that's proven statistically to not miss Griffin much, regardless of how good he is.

I don't think Melo alone can get it done....Melo is 5 years older

TheDish87
01-06-2017, 09:46 AM

thats actually a pretty good offer, maybe add another first since the Jazz would be picking in the 20's.

TRIUMPHATOR
01-06-2017, 10:34 AM
If he can embrace playing power forward and taking a secondary role, I could see Carmelo Anthony working in Toronto. How about Terrence Ross, Cory Joseph and either Patrick Patterson or Jakob Poetl for Carmelo Anthony?
Anthony would be a fairly good second or third option in Toronto, making life easier for himself, Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan. I don't see a a successful scenario where Anthony doesn't play a small-ball four, a la Paul Pierce.

No thank you.

mightybosstone
01-06-2017, 10:44 AM
Corey Brewer and a 2nd round pick for pretty much anything. The guy is just too often a minus whenever he's on the floor, and I don't think he belongs in the rotation of a playoff basketball team. The Rockets really need a competent backup PG with as much time as Beverley has had to miss this season and as bad as Tyler Ennis has been. I've also heard rumors that the Rockets were in touch with the Kings regarding Kosta Koufos, who would be a nice insurance policy at center with Nene's age and Capela still out.

Wade n Fade
01-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Rondo plus a 2nd for McBob and Ellington could work. Miami can move Dragic without issue.

JPS
01-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Okafor for whatever. As long as he is gone.

Giannis94
01-06-2017, 11:46 AM
I honestly am confused why people are talking about dealing klay. Make no sense. Best team in the league and could go down as greatest of all time?.

Giannis94
01-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Corey Brewer and a 2nd round pick for pretty much anything. The guy is just too often a minus whenever he's on the floor, and I don't think he belongs in the rotation of a playoff basketball team. The Rockets really need a competent backup PG with as much time as Beverley has had to miss this season and as bad as Tyler Ennis has been. I've also heard rumors that the Rockets were in touch with the Kings regarding Kosta Koufos, who would be a nice insurance policy at center with Nene's age and Capela still out.

Telly, Henson or Plumlee. Boom.

ManRam
01-06-2017, 11:57 AM
I still want Vucevic gone, even though he's actually defending almost at an acceptable level. Package him with Elf for something good, or don't.

Don't care too much about the return either.

TheDish87
01-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Rondo plus a 2nd for McBob and Ellington could work. Miami can move Dragic without issue.

define without issue? Thats a lot of years and dollars to eat for a team

tp13baby
01-06-2017, 12:10 PM
8 games under now, terrible defense. I know only 1.5 games out, but trade Gallo. Expiring but can help a team.

Faried should be on the list as well shipped out.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Id love a ibaka for cj trade

I don't see us trading ibaka to Toronto unless Ross was in it

And agree with 5ass I doubt magic give up Payton and a first and a big expiring in green for dragic ... Payton has been good we can get scoring elsewhere instead of that trade or trade dj green and a pick for him

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-06-2017, 01:43 PM
I'd love to get butler but I don't know if we have the right parts to do so like a team like Philly Boston and wolves do.

Not sure what realistic move I want id love to get cj tho ... Paul George back with Vogel would be sick to but not sure we have what to takes for that.

We have young talent like Payton Mario and Gordon (who id like to hang onto), vuc is a young center and a great deal and has much improved on D. Ibaka is playing great but will be a FA and then we have expiring guys in green and Meeks that help trades work. Biz for any team in need of a center and D help

Magic deff need to make a move tho and we will I'm sure

ManRam
01-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Id love a ibaka for cj trade

I don't see us trading ibaka to Toronto unless Ross was in it

And agree with 5ass I doubt magic give up Payton and a first and a big expiring in green for dragic ... Payton has been good we can get scoring elsewhere instead of that trade or trade dj green and a pick for him

I'd love to capitalize on Ibaka's slight bounce back but I don't think he is netting us a young star, especially not alone...and especially not from a current 9th seed. He's about to be a FA...CJ is locked up long term. That alone I think causes Portland to hang up right away.

I haven't been around a lot, including the Magic forum, but nothing has changed for me over the last month: no one on this team is untradable. Payton flashes more this year than years before, but I still don't like him as a starting PG on a winning team. Vuc forces us to play big and playing big isn't what's best for a lot of guys on this team, especially our most important long term piece: AG. I'd very happily trade both for a better piece.

I've never been good at making up trades in my head but the Magic need to make their splashes this winter. It's time. It doesn't necessarily have to be solely to get into the playoffs, but it has to make the parts fit better because right now they still don't fit.

nicnac
01-06-2017, 03:54 PM

This! !!!!!!

5ass
01-06-2017, 03:59 PM
The Magic max Serge Ibaka. They play him at power forward with Nik Vucevic at center and Aaron Gordon at small forward, failing completely to spread the floor. Ibaka demands a trade in the first year of his new five-year contract as the Magic continue to bottom-feed during his prime. The Trailblazers offer up C.J. McCollum and a role player for Ibaka, who anchors Portland's defense.
The Blazers start going small, fast and offensively-defensively balanced with Ibaka at center, along with Damian Lillard, McCollum, Moe Harkless and Al-Farouq Aminu. Success ensues.

Did you clone CJ in this scenario?

R. Johnson#3
01-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Andrew Bogut for the Raps 1st round pick.

Millsap for Ross + Sully + Clippers 1st + Poeltl.

JV/Bogut/Bebe
Millsap/Bebe/2Pat
Carroll/2Pat/Powell
DeMar/Powell
Lowry/Joseph

Wade n Fade
01-06-2017, 06:59 PM
define without issue? Thats a lot of years and dollars to eat for a team

Without issue meaning for the Heat having reservations about trading Dragic. It's hard finding a starting caliber PG to fill in a void right away. Rondo, baggage aside, still warrants a flyer because there is very minimal risk. At worst, he's a locker room cancer and immature and receives a buyout.

shep33
01-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Lou Will for a late first rounder
Nick for a late first rounder

Both have awesome contracts for their production.

mrblisterdundee
01-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Did you clone CJ in this scenario?

Woops. I forgot to replace C.J. with Allen Crabbe.

warfelg
01-07-2017, 12:49 PM
For the Sixers:
Richaun Holmes for Devin Harris - We only have 1 healthy PG right now, and need depth just in case. Harris and his shooting would work nicely with Ben when he's back. Holmes is the 4th C now. He gives the Mavs a chance to have something for someone they could have lost.

Nerlens Noel and TJ McConnell for Patty Mills - Spurs get two players that would be very much Pop's style players. Mills is a player that can start for now and come off the bench later for us. He also played for Brett Brown when he was coaching in Australia.

Nerlens Noel or Jahlil Okafor for Jordan Clarkson - There's been versions of this deal going around for a while now.

mrblisterdundee
01-07-2017, 12:55 PM
I'd love to capitalize on Ibaka's slight bounce back but I don't think he is netting us a young star, especially not alone...and especially not from a current 9th seed. He's about to be a FA...CJ is locked up long term. That alone I think causes Portland to hang up right away.

That's why my trade is predicated on the Magic maxing Ibaka on a long-term deal, which they should do if he's willing to stay. If he has a four- or five-year contract, Ibaka is worth McCollum, even straight up. He's one of the best post defenders in the NBA, has three-point range and is only 27 only two ears older than McCollum.
If the Magic would like to keep Ibaka and put out a decent starting lineup, I would play him at center. They need to stop kidding themselves with Gordon playing small forward. Let him be a small-ball power forward, taking dudes of the dribble and defending whichever forward is better, small or power. If he makes some threes, bonus points, but don't depend on Gordon as a shooter.
I think the Magic could have a great lineup with Ibaka, Gordon, Hezonja, Fournier and Payton. Hezonja's shooting and playmaking should both perk up if he actually gets a decent amount of playing time. With that lineup, the Magic could put out a very fast, athletic starting five, with three plus-shooters and three plus-defenders. Step into the future, Frank Vogel.
If Ibaka's willing to stay in Orlando, then they should focus on trading Vucevic, and probably Biyombo too. Vucevic seems more than moveable, with a very affordable contract and the proven ability to put up double doubles in under 30 minutes a game, while playing at least passable defense.
I'd be interested in Vucevic to replace Plumlee in Portland. I wouldn't pay much maybe Aminu and Napier. That would give the Magic a combo forward who plays lockdown defense, and a backup point guard who can actually shoot. That seems like enough for a guy who has little purpose on Orlando's current roster. Portland won't have to break the bank for a decent post scorer, who isn't really any more of a liability on defense than Plumlee.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-07-2017, 01:41 PM
I like your thoughts I should be a magic fan haha

But no to Napier you got him from us I can't stand him lol

Blink
01-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Somebody take Drummond. He's even shooting 40%+ from the free throw line!!

latinofire21
01-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Corey Joseph and the Raptors 1st for Nerlens Noel
Ross, Sully Raps 1st for Millsap

Ross-Val-Poeltl-clips1st for Cousins

PP-Wright-1st for Ibaka

The bolded are highly unrealistic.

warfelg
01-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Somebody take Drummond. He's even shooting 40%+ from the free throw line!!

Has he really gone from untouchable to begging to get rid of him in a year?

latinofire21
01-07-2017, 02:49 PM
The only trade I want to see the Knicks make is one with Phili

Depending on 76ers demands I would give 2019 and 2021 first with one of Baker, Holiday, Thomas for Okafor.

Noel has less value so I would give them Oquinn and a 2019 first.

strahan92osi72
01-07-2017, 03:01 PM

Depending on 76ers demands I would give 2019 and 2021 first with one of Baker, Holiday, Thomas for Okafor.

I honestly don't see a trade between the Knicks and Philly as realistic. Philly may want to trade one of Okafor or Noel, but I doubt they want to take a chance of either one of those guys figuring it out and becoming a stud paired with KP. If they're gonna trade those guys, I would think they're headed west.

5ass
01-07-2017, 03:12 PM
That's why my trade is predicated on the Magic maxing Ibaka on a long-term deal, which they should do if he's willing to stay. If he has a four- or five-year contract, Ibaka is worth McCollum, even straight up. He's one of the best post defenders in the NBA, has three-point range and is only 27 only two ears older than McCollum.
If the Magic would like to keep Ibaka and put out a decent starting lineup, I would play him at center. They need to stop kidding themselves with Gordon playing small forward. Let him be a small-ball power forward, taking dudes of the dribble and defending whichever forward is better, small or power. If he makes some threes, bonus points, but don't depend on Gordon as a shooter.
I think the Magic could have a great lineup with Ibaka, Gordon, Hezonja, Fournier and Payton. Hezonja's shooting and playmaking should both perk up if he actually gets a decent amount of playing time. With that lineup, the Magic could put out a very fast, athletic starting five, with three plus-shooters and three plus-defenders. Step into the future, Frank Vogel.
If Ibaka's willing to stay in Orlando, then they should focus on trading Vucevic, and probably Biyombo too. Vucevic seems more than moveable, with a very affordable contract and the proven ability to put up double doubles in under 30 minutes a game, while playing at least passable defense.
I'd be interested in Vucevic to replace Plumlee in Portland. I wouldn't pay much maybe Aminu and Napier. That would give the Magic a combo forward who plays lockdown defense, and a backup point guard who can actually shoot. That seems like enough for a guy who has little purpose on Orlando's current roster. Portland won't have to break the bank for a decent post scorer, who isn't really any more of a liability on defense than Plumlee.
I agree for the most part, but not sure about that line up. Gordon is playing well at SF recently. He's shooting 32.6% from 3 for the season. His shot is progressing, and he has more of a SFs body. Defensively, he's better suited to guard the perimeter. I also do not like a team starting a small ball line up like that. They'd probably get killed on the boards/post ups. It should definitely be a more featured line up though. I dont think Vogel has tried it at all this season. 99% of the time ibaka plays its with biyombo or vucevic. That is partly why many magic fans want to see one of vucevic or biyombo traded. I like aminu. Him and plumlee is a solid return I think. The magic hope aminu regains his shot, and use Jeff Green, DJ and a couple of firsts to upgrade at PG. That's basically what they need IMO. To upgrade DJ, Green and get a lower quality back up C.

warfelg
01-07-2017, 03:14 PM

I would do '19-'21 and Holiday.

We can package those picks for something else. Holiday gives us another PG we desperately need right now.

hugepatsfan
01-07-2017, 03:41 PM
I would do '19-'21 and Holiday.

We can package those picks for something else. Holiday gives us another PG we desperately need right now.

Rozier, Olynyk, James Young for Holmes, Ilyasova?

LoveCaliFan
01-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Lou, MWP, Deng, Robinson, Randle, 2nd for Crowder, Johnson, Smart, Young, Jerebko, 1st

Thomas/ Rozier/ Jackson
Bradley/ Lou/ Green
Deng/ Brown/ MWP
Randle/ Robinson
Horford/ Olynyk/ Zeller

Russell/ Clarkson/ Huertas
Ingram/ Smart/ Calderon
Crowder/ N.Young/ J.Young
Nance/ Johnson/ Jerebko
Mozgov/ Black/ Zubac

This trade is good for both teams as far as trade machine. Realistically it gives the lakers a chance at being 6-8th seed playoffs and on trade machine increases Celtics wins by 9. So, basically makes you all definite contenders..

warfelg
01-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Rozier, Olynyk, James Young for Holmes, Ilyasova?

I don't think we're moving Ilyasova. Most likely to keep him.

Green_Monster
01-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Lou, MWP, Deng, Robinson, Randle, 2nd for Crowder, Johnson, Smart, Young, Jerebko, 1st

Thomas/ Rozier/ Jackson
Bradley/ Lou/ Green
Deng/ Brown/ MWP
Randle/ Robinson
Horford/ Olynyk/ Zeller

Russell/ Clarkson/ Huertas
Ingram/ Smart/ Calderon
Crowder/ N.Young/ J.Young
Nance/ Johnson/ Jerebko
Mozgov/ Black/ Zubac

This trade is good for both teams as far as trade machine. Realistically it gives the lakers a chance at being 6-8th seed playoffs and on trade machine increases Celtics wins by 9. So, basically makes you all definite contenders..

That is not a good trade for the Celtics. No one wants Deng.

LanceUpperCut
01-07-2017, 07:55 PM

My Corey Jospeh and a 1st is highly unrealistic but your Oquinn and a 2019 1st should get it done?

warfelg
01-07-2017, 08:12 PM
My Corey Jospeh and a 1st is highly unrealistic but your Oquinn and a 2019 1st should get it done?

I missed that one. God I would not take OQuinn and a 2019 1st for Noel.

Has anyone seen Noel these last two games? That's the normal Noel.

archdevil84
01-07-2017, 08:12 PM
dion waiters for carmelo anthony? anyone?

LanceUpperCut
01-07-2017, 08:22 PM

I missed that one. God I would not take OQuinn and a 2019 1st for Noel.

Has anyone seen Noel these last two games? That's the normal Noel.

Noel's value is hard to gauge. He has skills but has been injured most of the season isn't getting a ton of PT(unless it's changed) and is gonna be a RFA this offseason. And many reports on him being a complete idiot not sure how accurate they are but that's what's been reported.

warfelg
01-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Noel's value is hard to gauge. He has skills but has been injured most of the season isn't getting a ton of PT(unless it's changed) and is gonna be a RFA this offseason. And many reports on him being a complete idiot not sure how accurate they are but that's what's been reported.

He had elective surgery, and his lack of PT is due to the logjam at center. He had 25 last night without Okafor playing.

EDIT: I honestly think he hoped by getting that surgery with the time out that Okafor would have been traded.

Him and Embiid together has worked really good, showing he can work with another center, as long as they can shoot. So he works for 29 other teams, Okafor maybe works for 4 or 5 other teams.

strahan92osi72
01-07-2017, 11:52 PM
dion waiters for carmelo anthony? anyone?

Sold. Problem is getting Melo to waive his NTC to go to Miami.

hugepatsfan
01-08-2017, 11:48 AM
I don't think we're moving Ilyasova. Most likely to keep him.

Keep him for this year or long-term? With Simmons/Saric I didn't think he fit there. If Boston misses out on FAs this year, I'd like to look into him.

warfelg
01-08-2017, 12:37 PM
I think both. He likes it here, we like his fit.

Plus when Ben is back he's going to be a 1/3 like LeBron is most of our estimation. We will likely line up:
Sergio/Staustas
Hendo
Simmons
Ilyasova
Embiid

We're already experimenting with what what would look like with trying lineups at the forward/center spots by playing:
Saric-Ilyasova-Embiid
Saric-Okafor-Embiid
Saric-Noel-Embiid
Saric-Ilyasova-Noel

And consider that Simmons is much much more athletic than Saric and I don't think it's much of an issue.

Heck, we might even start:
Simmons
Henderson
RoCo
Ilyasova
Embiid

BTW - that would be one of the tallest lineups in the NBA with 4 guys 6'9" and taller.

tp13baby
01-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Danny Ainge and his love for Gallo I feel like it's a matter of time. James Young and Jackson would be a good return.

hugepatsfan
01-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Danny Ainge and his love for Gallo I feel like it's a matter of time. James Young and Jackson would be a good return.

James Young and Demetrious Jackson for Gallo?!?!?! OMFG sign me the **** up!!!

tp13baby
01-08-2017, 02:20 PM
James Young and Demetrious Jackson for Gallo?!?!?! OMFG sign me the **** up!!!

You know Danny has loved Gallo for awhile. I'm not sure that will be enough for Connelly.