PDA

View Full Version : Should D-Rose be benched?

basketfan4life
01-05-2017, 08:35 AM
First of all, i have to say i really like the Knicks, Melo and KP. So i am not trolling or anything like that.

I've watched a few Knicks games this year and whenever i watched, Rose was forcing the game, trying to score on his own while some of his teammates were wide wide open. I saw him ruin a very close game. He looks like he is trying to be more like a scorer.

I can't believe i am saying this but Jennings looks like a good fit for the Knicks and actually he is playing a passing game, a really good passing game.

So, with two good scorers in Melo and KP already in the starting lineup and Jennings looking like a willing passer, should D-Rose be benched, get 27-33 mins while most of those minutes will come when Melo or KP on the bench?

Would this result better for the Knicks as maxing Melos and KP's offensive capabilities as well as Rose's because he will be playing when one of the 2 main scorers benched most of the time..

Comments?

IndyRealist
01-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Derrick Rose has always been a scorer. I don't know why it would be different now.

tredigs
01-05-2017, 09:39 AM
Rose hurts them, but I'm not sure why you think Jennings is any better. He is horrible. I would also add that Melo is no longer good at anything, including scoring (unless hoping his contested fadeaway jumper being on that night is your thing). Frankly the team just has no options on their roster to be legit outside of KP. And their only legit trade option (Melo to a team who still thinks he is good for young pieces in return) has a no trade clause.

Sorry Knick fans, no shade. Just a bad situation.

tredigs
01-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Just checking it out and the Knicks so far have a worse offensive rating with BJ on the floor and he ranks 49th among PG's in RPM. I don't think it is likely to find lighting in a bottle there...

jimm120
01-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Since the beginning of the year, it's been floated that the 3 scorers should be separated. Horns practically does this throughout the game by taking porzingis and Rose out and leaving melo. Then porzingis by himself. Then Rose comes in with porzingis. Then all 3 back.

Rose is polarizing from quarter to quarter. He'll go 5-6 one quarter, then 0-5 the next. Ending with a 2-5 or 3-5.

mudvayne387
01-05-2017, 11:18 AM
No, he should not be benched. The only hope for the Knicks is to trade Anthony.

DarkKnight
01-05-2017, 11:46 AM
No, he should not be benched. The only hope for the Knicks is to trade Anthony.
BINGO!! Close thread

mrblisterdundee
01-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Benching Rose would create a **** storm. The sooner the Knicks bench Noah, start Porzingis at center and move Anthony to power forward, the better. Either that or find a trade for Anthony maybe Toronto could use him at power forward.

Chronz
01-05-2017, 01:34 PM
I was thinking something similar the other night. Was actually gonna title the thread "How would Porz play without Melo" or something.

While the best course of action would be to downsize the team, I do get what you're getting at. Too many scorers in the starting lineup especially on a team lacking depth. Its funny that Jennings is their pass first PG, usually teams want their chuckers to come off the bench and their passers in the starting lineup.

It makes sense but I think it would be a net neutral change. There aren't enough minutes but in the 64 Mins (vs 309 for the Rose lineup) the Jennings+Starting unit hasn't done any better.

Focusing solely on Porz and Melo, here are the stats we got (Per36);

Porz w/Rose: 20.2Pts - 8.1Reb - 1.5Ast(2.0 T.o.) 58.5 TS% (- 1.0)
Porz w/Jennings: 22.3Pts - 8.7Reb - 1.2Ast(1.4 T.o.) 55.2 TS% (+ 1.2)

Melo w/Rose: 22.7Pts - 7.1Reb - 3.3Ast(1.7 T.o.) 53.7 TS% (- 0.3)
Melo w/Jennings: 26.3Pts - 6.4Reb - 2.4Ast(2.5 T.o.) 51.7 TS% (- 4.7)

Theres some overlap there but Porzingis struggles the most when neither of the 2 PG's are out there and for whatever reason, the lineups that include Justin Holiday and their core-4 tend to do the best. I dont know how they stagger their sets so it could be that the players improve/decline based more on what position they play.

nicnac
01-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Foolish! !! The knicks finally get a more than serviceable guard who is proving that he can play HIS game, so bench him. Smh
He is who he is and appears healthy, which was supposedly the issue

How quickly fans forget the crap guard play we have had for decades.

He is much more of a pleasure to watch and more vital for the team than melo

These advanced stats are garbage at times. Is there such a thing as an eye test any more

Rose constantly drives to the basket. Should get more foul calls, should be repeatedly told to kick out more and PRACTICE it, but benching???

While melo go's 1 on 2, 1 on 3 and called a superstar

As a team, esp defensively and coaching, we have a long way to go. Thank God I can at least enjoy rose demonstrate talented bb and not just throw up jump shots and 3 pointers. He is much more difficult to defend than melo, which has affected the opponents.