PDA

View Full Version : Paul Milsap to opt out , Hawks testing trade market

Stunner
01-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Story posting soon with @WindhorstESPN: ESPN sources say the Hawks have begun listening to trade offers for free agent-to-be Paul Millsap

https://twitter.com/espnsteinline/status/815693410057129984

Atlanta Hawks power forward Paul Millsap to opt out at end of season to become an unrestricted free agent, league sources told ESPN.

https://twitter.com/chrisbhaynes/status/815696589704425473

lakerfan85
01-01-2017, 11:37 PM
Lol!! Windhorst..

Giannis94
01-01-2017, 11:50 PM
Lol!! Windhorst..

Bruh, not cool to use the Lakers abbreviation. It's irrelevant in this thread.

lakerfan85
01-02-2017, 01:28 AM
Bruh, not cool to use the Lakers abbreviation. It's irrelevant in this thread.

Get your eyes checked, Bruh...

5ass
01-02-2017, 01:32 AM
Pistons should try their best to get him. A package of Tobias, Stanley Johnson and a 1st could be nice compensation.

mrblisterdundee
01-02-2017, 02:16 AM
This could be the Clippers' chance to get something for Griffin, if they think it's time to move on. I'd want Mike Muscala too. Then again, why give Atlanta anything when he's going to be an unrestricted free agent?

LanceUpperCut
01-02-2017, 10:22 AM
He would look great as a Raptor just not sure how it would work trade wise.

warfelg
01-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Blazers would be a perfect fit.

IndyRealist
01-02-2017, 11:37 AM
This could be the Clippers' chance to get something for Griffin, if they think it's time to move on. I'd want Mike Muscala too. Then again, why give Atlanta anything when he's going to be an unrestricted free agent?

Depends on how much you think he's going to go for. Bird rights aren't trivial, it's bigger raises and an extra year.

Dade County
01-02-2017, 11:57 AM
He'll most likely get what Al Horford got contract wise lol

tp13baby
01-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Denver was far into talks with Atlanta this year for him. I would pay Millsap a fat contract cause of what he does on both ends. But he is a guy that can step in anywhere and help a team.

Wade n Fade
01-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Toronto is an intriguing trade partner. Toronto can offer a young big (Siakam, Poeltl), a 1st rounder (Clippers), guard (Wright, Powell) or they can send Carroll back to Atlanta with some other pieces and a pick.

Giannis94
01-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Get your eyes checked, Bruh...

? Last I checked, Lol= Los Angeles Lakers. You get your eyes checked.

Leftcoast_yg
01-02-2017, 03:14 PM
? Last I checked, Lol= Los Angeles Lakers. You get your eyes checked.

Last i checked Lakers had 16 Championships, Bucks have 1 LOLOLOL. RIP.

tp13baby
01-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Toronto is an intriguing trade partner. Toronto can offer a young big (Siakam, Poeltl), a 1st rounder (Clippers), guard (Wright, Powell) or they can send Carroll back to Atlanta with some other pieces and a pick.

Denver offered Faried and 2 first rounders for Millsap and Denver is very content moving Faried.

Wade n Fade
01-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Denver offered Faried and 2 first rounders for Millsap and Denver is very content moving Faried.

I would go after Jamal Murray in any Millsap deal if I were Atlanta. Atlanta loved Demare Carroll though, so maybe their management likes the idea of a reunion more so than Faried and picks.

latinofire21
01-02-2017, 06:02 PM
I think the best trade partner for them right now would be the bucks. They can offer Greg Monroe who really isn't fitting well with them for him. That might be enough for an expiring of his caliber.

warfelg
01-02-2017, 06:06 PM
I think the best trade partner for them right now would be the bucks. They can offer Greg Monroe who really isn't fitting well with them for him. That might be enough for an expiring of his caliber.

Why would they do that with Parker playing well at the 4?

hugepatsfan
01-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Why would they do that with Parker playing well at the 4?

Well if they're just giving up Monroe like he suggested they'd be getting an insane bargain and obviously make the deal - sort it out later. But with Parker at the 4 I agree they wouldn't seek to actually give fair compensation for Milsap.

Giannis94
01-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Well if they're just giving up Monroe like he suggested they'd be getting an insane bargain and obviously make the deal - sort it out later. But with Parker at the 4 I agree they wouldn't seek to actually give fair compensation for Milsap.

I mean I would give Monroe and a first for Milsap if he signs an extension. Would deal plumlee or henson straight up for milsap with a pick if its a cap dump. Not dealing Brogdon (best rookie thos uear of recent draftees), Maker, GOAT, or jabari for him

Clint Olbrock
01-02-2017, 06:48 PM

How does this help at all? lol Monroe and Howard would be about as good as Drummond and Monroe was, which wasn't great.. No spacing.

Plus you trade Millsap who can opt out for Monroe who can opt out? Makes no sense, unless you're getting picks back or some other players or something.

mrblisterdundee
01-02-2017, 09:12 PM
Blazers would be a perfect fit.

I don't really think he significantly betters Portland's chances or fits with their timeline, but he addresses the team's most glaring issues. I'd be willing to trade for him, but I wouldn't give up C.J. McCollum or Maurice Harkless. Beyond that, I have trouble coming up with a package Atlanta could accept.
How about Allen Crabbe, Al Farouq Aminu, Noah Vonleh and the Blazers' 2017 first-round pick for Paul Millsap and Taurean Prince? I feel the offer is fair, considering Portland's giving up young guys with promise for a 31-year-old who could bolt in 1.5 years or regress.
Atlanta has to take a chance on Crabbe, but he has just as much potential as Kent Bazemore. Aminu can play either forward spot and provide comparable defense to Millsap or DeMarre Carroll bonus points if he learns how to shoot again.
Portland finally gets a solid front court starter in Millsap, while adding a quality rookie a little more future financial flexibility. I'd rather keep Crabbe and trade Turner, but Crabbe's value is higher.

mrblisterdundee
01-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Utah could offer Atlanta native Derrick Favors and Alec Burks for Paul Millsap, Taurean Prince and maybe DeAndre Bembry.
Millsap's shooting fits Utah's roster better than Favors' bullying. Either one of the guys plays great defense. Bottom line is that he won't hurt Utah defensively, and he'll immediately make them better offensively.
Favors gets to play in his hometown and is six years younger than Millsap. I could see Burks stepping right into the starting shooting guard spot and upping his scoring.

hugepatsfan
01-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Utah could offer Atlanta native Derrick Favors and Alec Burks for Paul Millsap, Taurean Prince and maybe DeAndre Bembry.
Millsap's shooting fits Utah's roster better than Favors' bullying. Either one of the guys plays great defense. Bottom line is that he won't hurt Utah defensively, and he'll immediately make them better offensively.
Favors gets to play in his hometown and is six years younger than Millsap. I could see Burks stepping right into the starting shooting guard spot and upping his scoring.

That would be an awesome move for Utah. I think they should explore that.

latinofire21
01-03-2017, 09:52 AM
How does this help at all? lol Monroe and Howard would be about as good as Drummond and Monroe was, which wasn't great.. No spacing.

Plus you trade Millsap who can opt out for Monroe who can opt out? Makes no sense, unless you're getting picks back or some other players or something.

Depending on how the Hawks season is going I don't see that trade being unrealistic in the slightest regardless of opt out clauses. I don't think anyone is going to give up picks for Milsap. Hes a free agent soon and hes already 32. The teams that could use Milsap would improve to make the pick worthless anyway. You don't have teams like the Nets or Philadelphia knocking down the door for his services.

He did well for Atlanta but in my opinion he should have been traded in the offseason once they signed Dwight Howard and went full rebuild. I know a lot of people were high on the Hawks but I certainly wasn't. Howard changes the dynamic of every team hes played on for better or worse. There are too many aging players on that roster I would have moved Milsap for young players and started fresh with that team once you moved Teague in the offseason. Toronto might have even been able to strike a deal with you then for like Siakham and some young prospects to get Milsap but now I think the window is too late for you to get a package you think is worthwhile for Milsap.

Just my opinion of course.

I think the Knicks overpaid for Melo and had all the leverage in that situation too but the owner stepped in and gave away a Kings Ransom so you never know but I don't think Milsap is in the same category at this point in his career than Melo was back then.

chi-townlove1
01-03-2017, 10:02 AM
Guy would be awesome on the bulls next to RoLo. Give them Mirotic, McDermott, and a first, and rondo if they want his expiring for next year

tp13baby
01-03-2017, 11:11 AM
I would go after Jamal Murray in any Millsap deal if I were Atlanta. Atlanta loved Demare Carroll though, so maybe their management likes the idea of a reunion more so than Faried and picks.

I meant that Faried and 2 first rounders almost got the deal done for Millsap this offseason according to multiple sources confirmed this. I would assume Murray and Jokic are basically untouchables.

GodsSon
01-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Toronto needs to step up.

If they aren't going to swing for the fences, than bringing in a 3rd All-Star that wouldn't deplete all our assets makes too much sense.

Leftcoast_yg
01-03-2017, 11:21 AM
Bucks franchise icon isn't a rapist. Unlike the Lakers. LOLOLOL. RIP.

Who in their right mind still believes this? Besides white supremacist LOLOLOL...

Back on topic, i believe have no interest in receiving talent more than cap space, just stand pat ATL. Cap is going up again and will be more valuable as an expiring contract.

smith&wesson
01-03-2017, 04:58 PM
The issue ATL has is that Milsap will be an UFA. ANY TEAM that trades for him is getting a 4-5 month rental.

The Hawks wanted to much for Horford and lost him for nothing in the exact same scenario... let's see if Atlanta learned from their mistake because no gm is going to offer some of the packages being discussed here. Not for a rental. Milsap can sign with any team in the off-season why would anyone risk gutting their team.

LoveCaliFan
01-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Lakers should jump:

JC, Randle, Lou, Black, Huertas, 2nd for Millsap, Korver, Sefolosha, 1st

Russell/ Calderon
Sefolosha/ Ingram
Young/ Korver/ MWP
Millsap/ Deng/ Robinson
Mozgov/ Nance/ Zubac

Schroder/ Huertas/ Delaney
Clarkson/ Lou
Bazemore/ T.Hardaway jr/ Prince
Randle/ Scott/ Muscala
Howard/ Black/ Splitter

Wade n Fade
01-03-2017, 10:24 PM
I meant that Faried and 2 first rounders almost got the deal done for Millsap this offseason according to multiple sources confirmed this. I would assume Murray and Jokic are basically untouchables.

Atlanta pretty much accepted Toronto's offer, whatever it consisted, but they lost Horford and didn't want to lose a 2nd big man.

Stunner
01-05-2017, 09:45 PM
As Atlanta moves Korver to Cleveland, Hawks are actively in trade talks with several teams on Paul Milsap, league sources tell @TheVertical.

https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/status/817184366925324289

Stunner
01-05-2017, 09:52 PM
The Sacramento Kings are a team very interested in Paul Millsap.

https://twitter.com/cvivlamoreajc/status/817186230731501569

warfelg
01-05-2017, 10:25 PM

sixers?!?!?!?!?!

tp13baby
01-05-2017, 10:40 PM
Atlanta pretty much accepted Toronto's offer, whatever it consisted, but they lost Horford and didn't want to lose a 2nd big man.

Yeah this offseason. Denver had a deal with Atlanta that was nearly good at the deadline. ESPN and cbs sports reported it.

tp13baby
01-05-2017, 10:43 PM
The Sacramento Kings are a team very interested in Paul Millsap.

https://twitter.com/cvivlamoreajc/status/817186230731501569
They got the ammo too. That would make them real scary.

GiantsSwaGG
01-06-2017, 12:23 AM
Knicks, Hawks and Kings trade

Kings: Milsap, Lee, Rose

Atlanta: Affalo, Ty Lawson, Barnes, 2017 1st

Knicks: Cauley Stein, Collison, McLemore & 2018 1st

tp13baby
01-06-2017, 12:31 AM
Knicks, Hawks and Kings trade

Kings: Milsap, Lee, Rose

Atlanta: Affalo, Ty Lawson, Barnes, 2017 1st

Knicks: Cauley Stein, Collison, McLemore & 2018 1st

I don't see the Knicks with that package. Rose is okay and getting WCS and a first?

GiantsSwaGG
01-06-2017, 12:35 AM
I don't see the Knicks with that package. Rose is okay and getting WCS and a first?

With cousin WCS doesn't fit, Rose & Lee make them legit playoff contenders. Knicks tank and build around KP

FlashBolt
01-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Milsap is on a contract year.. Probably not a good idea to give up your important pieces if you don't think he'll stay.

mia1619
01-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Theres a trade that could work between Orlando, Atlanta and the Heat.

Hawks get Dragic and maybe a guy like Hezonja
Magic get Millsap, Sefolosha, maybe James Johnson from the heat.
Heat get Aaron Gordon, Jeff Green's expiring contract, and the Magic's first rounder.

Sofnr
01-06-2017, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure Rose helps any team become a playoff contender. I'm not sure he's even a net positive at this point. The Knicks should be looking to trade him for sure but they shouldn't expect much of a return.

warfelg
01-06-2017, 02:54 PM
What's with people trying to give the Hawks exactly what they don't need.

FlashBolt
01-06-2017, 03:03 PM
If your PG can't shoot, they are already not worth it. Which PG has won that can't shoot in the modern era? The spacing is just not there. PG's can't distribute the ball as well when the entire opposing team knows you can't shoot. And since naturally PG's are smaller and shorter, they have a difficult time making up for it on other areas.

5ass
01-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Theres a trade that could work between Orlando, Atlanta and the Heat.

Hawks get Dragic and maybe a guy like Hezonja
Magic get Millsap, Sefolosha, maybe James Johnson from the heat.
Heat get Aaron Gordon, Jeff Green's expiring contract, and the Magic's first rounder.

Not even close. The heat aren't getting Gordon for Dragic. The Magic aren't giving up Gordon for Millsap. They aren't even targeting Millsap with Ibaka on the team.

tp13baby
01-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Not even close. The heat aren't getting Gordon for Dragic. The Magic aren't giving up Gordon for Millsap. They aren't even targeting Millsap with Ibaka on the team.

You don't think Hezonja, Aaron Gordon, and expiring and a first rounder is fair value for a rental and Thabo? hahaha

I didn't even have to look what fan posted that to see the Heat getting rid of Dragic and getting a first rounder Aaron Gordon and an expiring.

5ass
01-06-2017, 04:05 PM
You don't think Hezonja, Aaron Gordon, and expiring and a first rounder is fair value for a rental and Thabo? hahaha

I didn't even have to look what fan posted that to see the Heat getting rid of Dragic and getting a first rounder Aaron Gordon and an expiring.

Just a terrible trade all around. Millsap isn't a good fit with the magic and dragic isn't a good fit with Atlanta. The heat are just there to steal value.

I like Dragic on the Magic though. I think hezonja or a first is fair value. He wouldn't be my first target for the Magic, but he's a big upgrade over DJ for sure.

LoveCaliFan
01-06-2017, 04:12 PM
JC, Black, Randle, Huertas, Lou, 2nd for Millsap, Splitter, Sefo, Delaney

Russell/ Calderon/ Delaney
Ingram/ Young
Deng/ Sefolosha/ MWP
Millsap/ Nance/ Robinson
Mozgov/ Zubac/ Splitter

Schroder/ Lou/ Huertas
Clarkson/ Hardaway jr
Bazemore/ Prince/ Bembrey
Randle/ Scott/ Humphries
Howard/ Black/ Muscala

Ty Fast
01-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Maybe the Hornets for Frank the Tank and some picks. They could use a 2nd scorer after Kemba.

The only trouble trading for Millsap is are you willing too offer him a big contract. He will be 32 in this February.

bucketss
01-06-2017, 04:58 PM
apparently hawks want Patrick Patterson in return, why would they want a half season rental instead of young talent?

*Silver&Black*
01-06-2017, 07:30 PM
jc, black, randle, huertas, lou, 2nd for millsap, splitter, sefo, delaney

russell/ calderon/ delaney
ingram/ young
deng/ sefolosha/ mwp
millsap/ nance/ robinson
mozgov/ zubac/ splitter

schroder/ lou/ huertas
clarkson/ hardaway jr
bazemore/ prince/ bembrey
randle/ scott/ humphries
howard/ black/ muscala

deal!

mia1619
01-06-2017, 07:54 PM

Dragic is a good PG with a controllable contract at a price that looks a lot better than when he signed it. Millsap is a free agent and his value isnt as high as it could be because of that. If they could get a very good controlled player in Dragic and also a guy like Hezonja and if Orlando really wants to change it up, like they should, a guy like Vucevic as a good young center too. Orlando could both go for it this year and clear salary and roster space for future years. Because as currently constructed they completely lack a direction. But having Ibaka and Millsap both as expirings, while a great front court, is incredibly dangerous for the future of that franchise. If both walk they are left with nothing.

I was mostly just looking for a Dragic trade.

A good Millsap partner might be the Bucks if they want to make a splash. But they probably should and will stay pat and continue to build.

warfelg
01-06-2017, 08:30 PM
If you're willing to not take back a lot, I bet the Nets would be willing to take him.

LoveCaliFan
01-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Imo if Millsap will end up in Boston. Like this:

Millsap, Sefolosha, Scott, 1st for Rozier, Crowder, Jerebko, Johnson, 1st...

Schroder/ Rozier/ Delaney
Bazemore/ Hardaway jr.
Crowder/ Prince/ Bembrey
Jerebko/ Muscala/ Humphries
Howard/ Johnson/ Splitter

Thomas/ Smart/ Jackson
Bradley/ Green
Sefolosha/ Brown/ Young
Millsap/ Olynyk/ Scott
Horford/ Zeller

5ass
01-06-2017, 11:58 PM
Dragic is a good PG with a controllable contract at a price that looks a lot better than when he signed it. Millsap is a free agent and his value isnt as high as it could be because of that. If they could get a very good controlled player in Dragic and also a guy like Hezonja and if Orlando really wants to change it up, like they should, a guy like Vucevic as a good young center too. Orlando could both go for it this year and clear salary and roster space for future years. Because as currently constructed they completely lack a direction. But having Ibaka and Millsap both as expirings, while a great front court, is incredibly dangerous for the future of that franchise. If both walk they are left with nothing.

I was mostly just looking for a Dragic trade.

A good Millsap partner might be the Bucks if they want to make a splash. But they probably should and will stay pat and continue to build.
The Magic are trying to make the play offs. They just need one trade to balance out the roster better. I agree a trade for Millsap doesn't make sense. I think a trade for Dragic makes sense, but definitely not for Gordon.

Stunner
01-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Woj reports Milsap off the market

warfelg
01-09-2017, 06:47 PM

Atlanta sounds like a hot mess right now.

Chronz
01-09-2017, 07:38 PM
apparently hawks want Patrick Patterson in return, why would they want a half season rental instead of young talent?

Pat Pat is a potentially high impact player for them and they dont want to rebuild, rather retool

valade16
01-09-2017, 11:23 PM

Probably means nobody was willing to give up what they were asking for.