PDA

View Full Version : Stein: Motiejunas signing with Pelicans

mrblisterdundee
01-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Looks like instead of $37 million over four years, Donatas Montiejunas will get $1.1 million over one:

Sources told ESPN that the Pelicans, who are restricted to offering a contract at the $1.1 million veterans minimum, intend to have Motiejunas signed to a one-year deal within the next 48 hours.
To create a roster spot, New Orleans waived veteran swingman Reggie Williams on Sunday.
- Marc Stein, ESPN (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18388133/new-orleans-pelicans-hope-deal-donatas-motiejunas-monday-tuesday)

Scoots
01-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Pretty much as expected.

Chapin78
01-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Meh solid sign by the Pelicans. Its the vet minimum for a guy that wants to get paid. He must have really hated Houston if this is what he is playing for when he could have had a much better paycheck.

Driven
01-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Meh solid sign by the Pelicans. Its the vet minimum for a guy that wants to get paid. He must have really hated Houston if this is what he is playing for when he could have had a much better paycheck.

He didn't really have too much of a choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heediot
01-03-2017, 06:10 PM
If PG was available Utah should of traded

Exum, Lyles, Hood, Burke, Picks for PG and GRIII

Sign Domantas and they could seriously make a big leap.

IndyRealist
01-03-2017, 09:08 PM
If PG was available Utah should of traded

Exum, Lyles, Hood, Burke, Picks for PG and GRIII

Sign Domantas and they could seriously make a big leap.

If PG were available, he wouldn't be available for your cast-offs.

Heediot
01-04-2017, 05:20 AM
If PG were available, he wouldn't be available for your cast-offs..

True. I don't want to get off too off topic. (Maybe in a more appropriate thread, I can get better info from you off of what you think his trade value is, even though Bird is unwilling to let him go).

I like Domantas for the price he is available at, injury prone or not. A guy with as much skill as he has should of went to a playoff team. I guess he is looking for a team that can give him good minutes so he can prove himself for big money.With the Money flying around and his age, I don't blame him one bit.

brandt
01-04-2017, 11:49 AM
It wasn't Houston that he hated so much, it was Darly Morey and the front office.

IndyRealist
01-04-2017, 12:28 PM

True. I don't want to get off too off topic. (Maybe in a more appropriate thread, I can get better info from you off of what you think his trade value is, even though Bird is unwilling to let him go).

I like Domantas for the price he is available at, injury prone or not. A guy with as much skill as he has should of went to a playoff team. I guess he is looking for a team that can give him good minutes so he can prove himself for big money.With the Money flying around and his age, I don't blame him one bit.

Probably here: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?917026-Which-Superstar-Gets-Traded-First-Before-the-Deadline