PDA

View Full Version : Is Chandler Parsons Done?

shep33
12-29-2016, 09:47 PM
Big fan of his, but have the injuries made destroyed his career going forward?

Feel terrible for him as a player, but at least he's getting all that dough. Anyways, what ya'll think?

Cracka2HI!
12-29-2016, 11:33 PM
I couldn't believe he got the max and had teams lining up to give it to him.

shep33
12-30-2016, 12:56 AM
I couldn't believe he got the max and had teams lining up to give it to him.

Yeah, I was shocked. His days in Houston he was a beast. But man that was a harsh overpay that I could not understand. Don't get me wrong, we overpaid big time with Deng and Mozzy, but Parsons can't stay on the court. And when he has this season, he's been not very good to say the least.

Hope he recovers and gets back to his old self. Seems like an Amare-like situation about to transpire though.

Hawkeye15
12-30-2016, 11:21 AM
I would give him some more time to recover, but yeah, he doesn't look anything like the player he was prior to injuries.

Heediot
12-30-2016, 12:00 PM
Maybe pull a d rose and stink it up until your next contract year and then start showing some game again.

dhopisthename
12-30-2016, 01:05 PM
the word on him was that his knee was like 50/50 to be career ending. I can't believe you would give someone like that such a huge contract.

Heediot
12-30-2016, 01:26 PM
the word on him was that his knee was like 50/50 to be career ending. I can't believe you would give someone like that such a huge contract.

With Conley and Gasol around 30 years old. I think memphis was going all in with the Gasol-Conley combo and gambled with Parsons.

shep33
12-30-2016, 01:35 PM
Even when I've seen him the past two years when he was playing, his athleticism had declined significantly. He wasn't always the best athlete, but his jumping ability looks compromised right now.

Cracka2HI!
12-30-2016, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I was shocked. His days in Houston he was a beast. But man that was a harsh overpay that I could not understand. Don't get me wrong, we overpaid big time with Deng and Mozzy, but Parsons can't stay on the court. And when he has this season, he's been not very good to say the least.

Hope he recovers and gets back to his old self. Seems like an Amare-like situation about to transpire though.

I agree. The Lakers had to overpay to bring in anyone but it's not like they maxed out a guy who is that badly damaged goods. Mozgov actually looks like a fine market value signing at this point. I think Deng was the worse signing of the 2 but I can see why they brought him in.

shep33
12-30-2016, 02:56 PM
I agree. The Lakers had to overpay to bring in anyone but it's not like they maxed out a guy who is that badly damaged goods. Mozgov actually looks like a fine market value signing at this point. I think Deng was the worse signing of the 2 but I can see why they brought him in.

Yeah, definitely agree with Deng, although he has been playing better lately, and he's really a stretch 4 at this point, but Walton can't really play him there cause Randle is at the 4. But whatever haha, we aren't going anywhere anyways.

But the Grizz... $94 mill for a guy who everyone knew had knee issues is a lot. The other sad thing is that they're playing well without him. Guys like Green, Ennis, and Daniels have been absolutely fantastic in their roles.

dhopisthename
12-30-2016, 03:06 PM
With Conley and Gasol around 30 years old. I think memphis was going all in with the Gasol-Conley combo and gambled with Parsons.

but that just seems silly. taking on a horrible contract which if it doesn't pan out might just cripple your franchise seems like such a bad idea.

Heediot
12-30-2016, 03:37 PM
but that just seems silly. taking on a horrible contract which if it doesn't pan out might just cripple your franchise seems like such a bad idea.

It is what it is. In hindsight so far you are right. We will see.