PDA

View Full Version : Kristapas or Jabari- Who you got?

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 08:02 PM
Figured that this would be an interesting question to bring up. Reason I am bringing it up is because 1.) Jabari and Kristapas have very similar numbers, 2.) They have very similar roles- not being the #1 option and still developing.

I do realize that while they are both listed at PF, that their game is different which is why I am interested in seeing responses to who you would rather have.

Although Jabari did enter the league 1 year earlier than Kristapas, Jabari is also 1 year younger than him.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/..._id2=parkeja01

Question for is: Who would you rather have A.) Right now and B.) In the future?

BBallfan8
12-26-2016, 08:07 PM
KP... he has similar potential on offense as Jabari, except he's 7-3 and can be a lock down defender. Rare combination of size and skill to be a difference maker on both sides of the ball.

Think KP vs Giannis is a better argument.

nycericanguy
12-26-2016, 08:10 PM
KP and its not even close.

Giannis vs KP is where it would get interesting.

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 08:12 PM

Giannis vs KP is where it would get interesting.

It really wouldn't and this is by far closer than what you suggested.

Scoots
12-26-2016, 08:52 PM

No question.

warfelg
12-26-2016, 08:52 PM
KP by miles. Parker barely plays defense.

nycericanguy
12-26-2016, 09:36 PM
It really wouldn't and this is by far closer than what you suggested.

Even if Parker becomes Carmelo 2.0... and that's a huge IF, there's no way you take Prime Melo over a Prime 7'3 Dirk with defense.

Parker is a scorer, KP is a game changer on both ends.

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Even if Parker becomes Carmelo 2.0... and that's a huge IF, there's no way you take Prime Melo over a Prime 7'3 Dirk with defense.

Parker is a scorer, KP is a game changer on both ends.

Porzy still has a long way to go.

Scoots
12-26-2016, 09:44 PM
Porzy still has a long way to go.

And Parker doesn't?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-26-2016, 09:45 PM
KP but they're both going to be pretty good.

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 09:50 PM
And Parker doesn't?

Never said that. I do think thay Jabari is closer to his potential than Porzy at the moment but that's also correlated with his higher upside (and higher likelyhood of falling short of his peak upside)

Scoots
12-26-2016, 09:54 PM
Never said that. I do think thay Jabari is closer to his potential than Porzy at the moment but that's also correlated with his higher upside (and higher likelyhood of falling short of his peak upside)

When you say "his higher upside" are you talking about JP or KP?

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 10:01 PM
When you say "his higher upside" are you talking about JP or KP?
Kristapas.

KnicksorBust
12-26-2016, 10:02 PM
Porzingis is better now and has a higher upside. What is the debate?

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Is the thread starter serious?

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Numbers suggest it's a toss up at the moment and Jabari would be getting a lot more love if he plsyed in NYC

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 10:09 PM

Nice to see the Knicks fans have arrived. Unfortunately it will be 50-60 vs. 1 but I can handle it.

Green_Monster
12-26-2016, 10:16 PM

He's crazy obsessed with anyone on the Bucks.

This is my first time commenting on it, but I've been reading his posts in the NBA forum for a while now. Incredibly annoying and I don't see how he enjoys it. It's an obvious troll tactic but he's never told to stop by anyone of higher ranking. Welcome to PSD I guess.

Also, this is Kristaps rather easily.

nycericanguy
12-26-2016, 10:20 PM
Numbers suggest it's a toss up at the moment and Jabari would be getting a lot more love if he plsyed in NYC

if you completely ignore the defensive side of the ball then sure...

Kp is already one of the best rim protectors in the league and is well ahead of Dirk's career curve.

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 10:24 PM
He's crazy obsessed with anyone on the Bucks.

This is my first time commenting on it, but I've been reading his posts in the NBA forum for a while now. Incredibly annoying and I don't see how he enjoys it. It's an obvious troll tactic but he's never told to stop by anyone of higher ranking. Welcome to PSD I guess.

Also, this is Kristaps rather easily.
Anyone on the Bucks? This is my first post about Jabari. If you really watched me post, you would know that.

To anyone that thinks that this is a troll thread: go look at Iknowhoops's and recent 76ers threads about Noel, etc. This is a serious thread and it's quite clear that my recent transgressions were brought up because one of the first posters brought an unrelated player into this.

Bye felicia.

KnicksorBust
12-26-2016, 10:29 PM

Didn't realize how well Jabari has played this season. You are right it is at least debatable who is having a better season but do you concede who has the higher upside? The point about NYC is irrelevant. Hype doesn't impact actual production. If anything I would argue it has been harder for KP to produce at his level in NYC on that team with Melo and now Rose than Jabari.

Green_Monster
12-26-2016, 10:33 PM
Anyone on the Bucks? This is my first post about Jabari. If you really watched me post, you would know that.

Yes, anyone on the Bucks. Giannis, Parker, Maker, Brogdon, etc. Not sure why you'd even try denying that. :laugh2:

It's insufferable and pretty sad man. Also, it's your first THREAD on Jabari maybe, but certainly not first post.

LanceUpperCut
12-26-2016, 10:34 PM
It's KP but it's not near as ridiculous as some make it sound.

I feel like KP will never be able to live up to the hype a lot of Knick fans are putting on this guy.

warfelg
12-26-2016, 10:37 PM

Kristaps:
6.6 ORB%, 19.8 DRB%, 13.3 TRB%, 7.3AST %, 1.2 STL%, 4.8 BLK%, .111 WS/48, 0.0 OBPM, 0.5 DBPM, 0.4 BPM
Parker:
6.2 ORB%, 12.0 DRB%, 9.6 TRB%, 9.6 AST%, 1.6 STL%, 0.9 BLK%, .091 WS/48, -0.3 OBPM, -1.2 DBPM, -1.4 BPM

Yup. Super toss up in lots of those numbers. Especially Rebounding percentage, block percentage, win share per 48, and box plus minus categories.

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 10:44 PM
Yes, anyone on the Bucks. Giannis, Parker, Maker, Brogdon, etc. Not sure why you'd even try denying that. :laugh2:

It's insufferable and pretty sad man. Also, it's your first THREAD on Jabari maybe, but certainly not first post.

1 of those guys is not like the other. Find my non Bucks forum posts about Jabari and post them. Seeing that you said that I have posted about him a lot, ****en find them.

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 10:47 PM
Didn't realize how well Jabari has played this season. You are right it is at least debatable who is having a better season but do you concede who has the higher upside? The point about NYC is irrelevant. Hype doesn't impact actual production. If anything I would argue it has been harder for KP to produce at his level in NYC on that team with Melo and now Rose than Jabari.
I thought its a valid question. Obviously its always tough to say I would take palyer a over B but it's even tougher when the players are so young.

For that reason a lone I probably could of gone without makinga thread but at the same time it forces people like GreenMonster that plead ignorance to go to ESPN and search Jabari Parker stats.

Green_Monster
12-26-2016, 10:48 PM
I think I'm good. I have better things to do with my time than argue with a troll on a dying internet forum. Anyone who's watched you post agrees with me. Carry on.

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 10:54 PM
I think I'm good. I have better things to do with my time than argue with a troll on a dying internet forum. Anyone who's watched you post agrees with me. Carry on.

You won't post any because you won't be able to find a non Bucks forum one about Jabari. Giannis you could have a field day but not Jabari. Why? Because I don't post about him.

You made a statement so now bring out the evidence otherwise you are just making things up without actual infornation.

That's ****ing horseshit that you can do that and get away with that because if I did the same thing I would get an infraction.

Crackadalic
12-26-2016, 11:05 PM
http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/203953/defense-dash/

Parker allows 45% and 39% from 3.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/204001/defense-dash/

Kp allows 40% and 31% from 3 and also league best at rim protection

The defense alone makes KP better then Parker now and he will never sniff kp defensively. I try not to be homer about this as I always allow debates on certain players(embiid, Kat etc)

Even if Parker is the better scorer long term, kp has the chance to be a mix of dirk with ak47 at his prime on defense

Green_Monster
12-26-2016, 11:10 PM
You won't post any because you won't be able to find a non Bucks forum one about Jabari. Giannis you could have a field day but not Jabari. Why? Because I don't post about him.

You made a statement so now bring out the evidence otherwise you are just making things up without actual infornation.

That's ****ing horseshit that you can do that and get away with that because if I did the same thing I would get an infraction.

Not sure why you want it to be like this man. But whatever, here it goes. :sigh:

Bucks will have a better shot on all 3 than CHI. Middleton, GiannistheGoat and Parker>>>>>>>Butler. Child puhlease.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?917045-Teams-With-the-Least-Long-Term-Hope&p=31360396#post31360396

I think the better question is Kristapas or Jabari. Very comparable based on stats and roles on their respective teams. Also feel that both have yet to reach their true potentials.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?916357-Andrew-Wiggins-or-Jabari-Parker&p=31366702#post31366702

I'll take 3 years of Jabari over 20 some games of Enbiid on that draft day or right now. The Bucks couldn't waste a pick on a question mark as they have a budding star that needs a side kick. Had Embiid gone belly up and retired if he had another injuries, the 76ers would call it business as usual while it would set Giannis and the Bucks back light years. His injuries will always linger around him going forward as he has missed 164 NBA games already

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?917279-8-Seed-in-the-West-Who-takes-it&p=31370196#post31370196

warfelg
12-26-2016, 11:13 PM
http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/203953/defense-dash/

Parker allows 45% and 39% from 3.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/204001/defense-dash/

Kp allows 40% and 31% from 3 and also league best at rim protection

The defense alone makes KP better then Parker now and he will never sniff kp defensively. I try not to be homer about this as I always allow debates on certain players(embiid, Kat etc)

Even if Parker is the better scorer long term, kp has the chance to be a mix of dirk with ak47 at his prime on defense

I'm gonna guess he won't address posts that show Kristaps is far better defensively because it destroys his narrative.

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 11:15 PM
Not sure why you want it to be like this man. But whatever, here it goes. :sigh:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?917045-Teams-With-the-Least-Long-Term-Hope&p=31360396#post31360396

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?916357-Andrew-Wiggins-or-Jabari-Parker&p=31366702#post31366702

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?917279-8-Seed-in-the-West-Who-takes-it&p=31370196#post31370196
Thats from today. You act like I've been posting Jabari like Giannis. The one vs. Butler is referencing luring a big time FA in 2018 and a valid point

E for effort though

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 11:16 PM
I'm gonna guess he won't address posts that show Kristaps is far better defensively because it destroys his narrative.
On mobile and can'trespond all that quick . Will respond in the am

warfelg
12-26-2016, 11:19 PM
Hmm yea respond in the AM because there's no good response to the fact that KP is miles ahead of Jabari Parker.

Green_Monster
12-26-2016, 11:24 PM
Thats from today. You act like I've been posting Jabari like Giannis. The one vs. Butler is referencing luring a big time FA in 2018 and a valid point

E for effort though

I know it's from today. :laugh2:

Why would I bother going back further when it was super easy to just pick out those?

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 11:26 PM
Hmm yea respond in the AM because there's no good response to the fact that KP is miles ahead of Jabari Parker.

I will conceede now.
I feel like Jabari has never had to play defense before as he relied on offense to get thus far. Different for KP. He used defense as a way to differentiate himself with the guys he was faci mng over the pond. Kind of goes into work ethic vs. natural talent.

Giannis94
12-26-2016, 11:28 PM
I know it's from today. :laugh2:

Why would I bother going back further when it was super easy to just pick out those?
You can't find any Jabari posts by me from the past 3 weeks of Jabari by himself. Why? I was too busy posting about Giannis.

warfelg
12-26-2016, 11:32 PM
I will conceede now.
I feel like Jabari has never had to play defense before as he relied on offense to get thus far. Different for KP. He used defense as a way to differentiate himself with the guys he was faci mng over the pond. Kind of goes into work ethic vs. natural talent.

Or just Jabari isn't that good at it and Kristaps is. So now you go to making excuses for your guy.

warfelg
12-26-2016, 11:33 PM
Man - looking at it, lots of guys to come from Duke lately are not good defensively.

HeartOfStarks
12-27-2016, 12:56 AM
I haven't seen much of Jabari so I'm not going to chime in on this specific comp, although it seems there's a consensus here based on all the other posts, but I will say this:

As a Knicks fan who grew up with the late 80s/through 90s Knicks, and having gone through the past 15 years of mostly Knicks atrociousness, in general, when player A is a strictly offesnsive player and player B is a two way guy who legit impacts games and helps his team win on both ends of the floor, your can never compare those guys cause there is no comparison.

I'll take a beast on D any day of the week, especially if he's also nasty on O. I've had it with the one way players who are either lazy on D or just have zero to negative impact on that end. For as much as I root for Melo, he's an extremely frustrating player to have "lead" your team because he's just basically not good on D night in and night out. Whereas Porzingis can literally change the game on that end.

So if Jabari doesn't play D, then he ain't never gonna be KP. Even if their offensive numbers are close, what does it matter if one guy gives up just as many if not more points on the other end?

Crackadalic
12-27-2016, 12:59 AM
I will conceede now.

That's not a good enough argument. Even last year when be became the 2nd scoring option his defense was already really good. Only rookie last year to at least get one vote for all NBA defense.

And the whole work ethic vs natural talent is a copout. KP wouldn't be this good this fast if not for his work ethic. People last year even said he had a Kobe like work ethic. When he first came into the NBA the one thing that he was excited for was that he had 24/7 used of the gym. Yes natural talent is another reason why he is good but for his size to be a 7'3 sf and to do the things he do to be honest that's all work ethic

And not to take away anything from Jabari but he really lacks a lot of defensive on court awareness and it shows. Its why his comparison will always be melo.

AIRMAR72
12-27-2016, 01:48 AM
Can't go wrong with either guys but if I had to pick a guy it Jabari better body stronger,agile and better will power

Tumstock
12-27-2016, 08:58 AM
Every knicks players are the goat according to the fans... why do their team suck tho?

Scoots
12-27-2016, 10:46 AM
That's not a good enough argument. Even last year when be became the 2nd scoring option his defense was already really good. Only rookie last year to at least get one vote for all NBA defense.

And the whole work ethic vs natural talent is a copout. KP wouldn't be this good this fast if not for his work ethic. People last year even said he had a Kobe like work ethic. When he first came into the NBA the one thing that he was excited for was that he had 24/7 used of the gym. Yes natural talent is another reason why he is good but for his size to be a 7'3 sf and to do the things he do to be honest that's all work ethic

And not to take away anything from Jabari but he really lacks a lot of defensive on court awareness and it shows. Its why his comparison will always be melo.

Yes. KP does not match that "European" slight applied to the past "soft" players. He busts his ***, and he wants players to come at him and he wants to go at them. He plays with a nasty streak and the size just means he can do things some smaller guys can't.

Parker is a good player ... but KP is a better building block and better overall right now.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2016, 01:03 PM
KP easily.

FlashBolt
12-27-2016, 05:11 PM
I'd rather have KP but in regards to Giannis.. there are only a handful amount of players under the age 23 I would take over him.. Does everyone realize Giannis is only 22 since THIS month? This dude is only going to get better.

5ass
12-27-2016, 05:42 PM

Giannis94
12-27-2016, 07:26 PM
I'd rather have KP but in regards to Giannis.. there are only a handful amount of players under the age 23 I would take over him.. Does everyone realize Giannis is only 22 since THIS month? This dude is only going to get better.

If I posted KP vs Giannis Knicks fans would still take KP while it would bw Giannis in a blowout with fans that actually know what they're talking about. Thus making it not worth posting about

warfelg
12-27-2016, 08:05 PM

Kristaps is the same age, and better with less NBA time. :shrug: just saying.

Alayla
12-27-2016, 08:11 PM
Kristaps Porzingis but Parker is certainly underrated by the majority as is the Bucks team overall.

Giannis94
12-27-2016, 09:43 PM
Kristaps Porzingis but Parker is certainly underrated by the majority as is the Bucks team overall.

But we .500. We're a trash team b/c that

Crackadalic
12-28-2016, 01:55 AM
If I posted KP vs Giannis Knicks fans would still take KP while it would bw Giannis in a blowout with fans that actually know what they're talking about. Thus making it not worth posting about

Its really a toss up between those 2. Can't go wrong either way. Just get the KP vs Parker thing out of the way because that's a losing battle favoring KP

AI
12-28-2016, 08:13 AM

I mean, it's Brewer we're talking about, he's always making Bucks threads to hype up their players.

And to answer the question... KP and it's not even a debate.

Giannis94
12-28-2016, 08:28 AM
I mean, it's Brewer we're talking about, he's always making Bucks threads to hype up their players.

And to answer the question... KP and it's not even a debate.

Nice troll job

Giannis94
12-28-2016, 08:31 AM
Its really a toss up between those 2. Can't go wrong either way. Just get the KP vs Parker thing out of the way because that's a losing battle favoring KP

The cirrent thread v Kawhi is what it should be