PDA

View Full Version : Who is the better player- K Love or Klay Thompson

IKnowHoops
12-19-2016, 08:28 PM
Klay Thompson

Pts-21.5 FG%-47.3 PER-16.4 WS48-.108 TS%-.585

Kevin Love

Pts-22.2 FG%-46.8% PER-25.8 WS48-.251 TS%-.619

When K -Love was in MN, this wasn't a question. Mostly because Klay was just a youngin, but once Love came to Cleveland and Klay stepped up big time, most would of sided with Klay as the better player. Now this year, with both of them in similar roles on pretty stacked teams with Kevin finally being able to find his perfect fit with the team, who is the better player now?

hugepatsfan
12-19-2016, 09:30 PM
Easily Klay, IMO. Love does things great, but there are clear holes in his game. He has significant deficiencies that need to be covered for. Klay really has no weakness to his game. He fits on ball, off ball and he plays D. There's no supporting cast of players he wouldn't be able to work his game with. That's not the case for Love.

Vee-Rex
12-19-2016, 09:33 PM
Love is having a better year but I'm not sure if that makes him a better player. Love is also having a decent/average year on the defensive end which is wonderful. Kyrie is the one who is stinking so badly on defense for the Cavs.

Interesting question... I'd like to see Love sustain this level of play or close to it for awhile longer.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 09:34 PM
Klay. #DefenseMatters

Saddletramp
12-19-2016, 10:43 PM
I'd probably go with Klay if all things are equal but I'd wager the Warriors would go further without Klay than the Cavs would go without Love.

Quinnsanity
12-19-2016, 10:54 PM
It's totally circumstantial. You can build a team around Kevin Love. His lineups in Minny were always +3-4 per 100, their records were always killed by terrible benches, injuries and horrible close game luck. And that's with ****** Minnesota players around him. Basically when Love was on the floor in Minny the Wolves tended to play like a playoff team. Stick Klay on those ****** teams and the same can't be said.

But for the teams they're on now? Hell yea Klay's better. Klay is a better off-ball player in every sense of the word. He literally does everything that doesn't involve the ball better than Love does. Teams with LeBron, Kyrie, Curry and Durant need what Klay does more than they need what Love does and it's not even close.

So it's completely apples and oranges. Who would I take if I were building a franchise from scratch? Love. Who would I take if I were one player away from a title? Klay. My gut tells me that the former is a better indicator of who the "better" player is, in which case I'd say it's Love, but ultimately I think trying to compare players in a vacuum who are so different is kind of dumb.

IKnowHoops
12-20-2016, 01:00 AM
It's totally circumstantial. You can build a team around Kevin Love. His lineups in Minny were always +3-4 per 100, their records were always killed by terrible benches, injuries and horrible close game luck. And that's with ****** Minnesota players around him. Basically when Love was on the floor in Minny the Wolves tended to play like a playoff team. Stick Klay on those ****** teams and the same can't be said.

But for the teams they're on now? Hell yea Klay's better. Klay is a better off-ball player in every sense of the word. He literally does everything that doesn't involve the ball better than Love does. Teams with LeBron, Kyrie, Curry and Durant need what Klay does more than they need what Love does and it's not even close.

So it's completely apples and oranges. Who would I take if I were building a franchise from scratch? Love. Who would I take if I were one player away from a title? Klay. My gut tells me that the former is a better indicator of who the "better" player is, in which case I'd say it's Love, but ultimately I think trying to compare players in a vacuum who are so different is kind of dumb.

No matter how different players are, ultimately one is better than the other. I'm not comparing players in a vacuum, but you know as well as I do, that people have to see players perform well before they give them credit. While K-love was on MN, his value was just as high as any PF. A year into playing with the Cavs, he was probably rated 5th-7th best PF and falling fast. Now he is back to top 3 status. I know it may be asking a lot of PSD to compare players who don't play the same position but...

Quinnsanity
12-20-2016, 01:36 AM
No matter how different players are, ultimately one is better than the other. I'm not comparing players in a vacuum, but you know as well as I do, that people have to see players perform well before they give them credit. While K-love was on MN, his value was just as high as any PF. A year into playing with the Cavs, he was probably rated 5th-7th best PF and falling fast. Now he is back to top 3 status. I know it may be asking a lot of PSD to compare players who don't play the same position but...

It has nothing to do with positions. This isn't NBA 2k, players don't have overall ratings that are just the sum total of their skills. Circumstances absolutely matter. Some skills translate differently to different coaching schemes, teammates and eras. Neither one is straight up better at basketball than the other. They both have distinct advantages that are suited to specific situations. Like I said, if I have no other stars on the team, Kevin Love is a better player for that specific situation. If I have multiple stars on a team, Klay Thompson is a better player for that specific situation. That doesn't mean one is intrinsically better at the game than the other. It's like asking what car is better, a Rolls Royce or a Ferrari. You need more context.

Miltstar
12-20-2016, 04:09 AM
It has nothing to do with positions. This isn't NBA 2k, players don't have overall ratings that are just the sum total of their skills. Circumstances absolutely matter. Some skills translate differently to different coaching schemes, teammates and eras. Neither one is straight up better at basketball than the other. They both have distinct advantages that are suited to specific situations. Like I said, if I have no other stars on the team, Kevin Love is a better player for that specific situation. If I have multiple stars on a team, Klay Thompson is a better player for that specific situation. That doesn't mean one is intrinsically better at the game than the other. It's like asking what car is better, a Rolls Royce or a Ferrari. You need more context.

Agreed man, this is why trades don't always work out the way people expect!

ClutchTime
12-20-2016, 12:17 PM
My opinion it's Klay.

IKnowHoops
12-21-2016, 01:45 AM

So you are saying that if the Cavs traded Love for Klay, they would be better?

Quinnsanity
12-21-2016, 02:09 AM
So you are saying that if the Cavs traded Love for Klay, they would be better?

Yea, I think they would be. It'd open up the floor more for LeBron and Kyrie's drives, it'd improve their defense colossally, and there are diminishing returns with two excellent rebounders on the floor at once so as long as they still had TT they'd still have a massive advantage over most one/zero big teams.

Jeffy25
12-21-2016, 02:31 AM
Klay cause D

IKnowHoops
12-21-2016, 03:07 AM
Yea, I think they would be. It'd open up the floor more for LeBron and Kyrie's drives, it'd improve their defense colossally, and there are diminishing returns with two excellent rebounders on the floor at once so as long as they still had TT they'd still have a massive advantage over most one/zero big teams.

Yeah I would disagree. Open the floor more? Love is shooting the 3 at 41.7% and Klay is shooting it at 37.2%. On top of that Shumpert and JR (who play Klay's position are shooting the 3 at 42.9% and 35.8% respectively. And both can get to the hole better than Klay and defend as well as Klay. Adding Klay to a rotation of two other guys that do basically what he is gonna do (minus get dumb hot 3 times a year and drop 35 in a quarter), is overkill. Meanwhile if the Cavs loose Kevin now they only have one good rebounder. With Love they are an elite rebounding team and an elite 3pt shooting team. With Klay they are an average rebounding team and there 3pt shooting is actually worse. And as long as they have TT? What about when TT is not on the floor. Then they are just a sorry rebounding team, and if Lebron is off the floor then they are going to get de-bo'd around the court.

Yeah, Id rather be elite at both rebounding and 3pt shooting then just one or the other. The Cavs have more good 3pt shooters than they no what to do with.

JR 35.8%
Shumpert 42.9%
Kevin Love 41.2%
Channing Frye 47.1%
Kyrie Irving 42.5%
James Jones 73.7%

When you got six guys doing this, Klay brings zero value. Best case scenario is that the same 3's they are already making may shift to him, but the overall number would not go up, and if he plays how he has, the Cav's 3pt efficiency would fall if he started taking shots away from everyone on that list not named JR. Statistically, Klay adds absolutely nothing to a Cavs offense that is currently doing what it is doing.

Toxeryll
12-21-2016, 03:13 AM
I'll go with Klay.

IKnowHoops
12-22-2016, 04:38 PM
From the lack of GS fan replies, I'm gonna take that silence as Kevin Love votes.

Avenged
12-22-2016, 05:45 PM
From the lack of GS fan replies, I'm gonna take that silence as Kevin Love votes.

Doubt it.. It's just Klay. No debate here! next.

tredigs
12-22-2016, 06:34 PM

Just not a debate I particularly care about. I wouldn't trade either for each other. Love has more skill, but Klay is pretty great as a 2nd/3rd option with how little he needs the ball to put up his production. Love has also been better this season (though Klay is a far better player than a guy like JR, and acting as if their skills are redundant is silly. He'd be a massive upgrade despite down stats this season). Draymond >>> Love as far as power forwards are concerned though, that much is for sure.

IKnowHoops
12-22-2016, 09:44 PM
Just not a debate I particularly care about. I wouldn't trade either for each other. Love has more skill, but Klay is pretty great as a 2nd/3rd option with how little he needs the ball to put up his production. Love has also been better this season (though Klay is a far better player than a guy like JR, and acting as if their skills are redundant is silly. He'd be a massive upgrade despite down stats this season). Draymond >>> Love as far as power forwards are concerned though, that much is for sure.

Based off of what statistical measure?

tredigs
12-23-2016, 12:37 AM
Based off of what statistical measure?
Stats are tough because most are so heavily weighted for offense due to how hard defensive dominance is to measure, but Dray is a highly skilled offensive player who is probably the best all around defender in the world. Love can't compete with that.

Though that said Dray still crushes him in BPM, VORP and ranks 4th in the NBA in RPM. So some stats do see it. Dude is a Power Forward who ranks top 10 in APG and 2nd in Steals per game. He's beyond special, and there is never a night where his presence is not felt in a major way on the court. That's the difference between 1 way and 2 way bigs.

IKnowHoops
12-23-2016, 03:49 AM
Stats are tough because most are so heavily weighted for offense due to how hard defensive dominance is to measure, but Dray is a highly skilled offensive player who is probably the best all around defender in the world. Love can't compete with that.

Though that said Dray still crushes him in BPM, VORP and ranks 4th in the NBA in RPM. So some stats do see it. Dude is a Power Forward who ranks top 10 in APG and 2nd in Steals per game. He's beyond special, and there is never a night where his presence is not felt in a major way on the court. That's the difference between 1 way and 2 way bigs.

Why was he so sh---- on the Olympic team. He couldn't get on the court. He was a detriment when he was out there and I am not exaggerating.

IKnowHoops
12-23-2016, 04:06 AM

I wasn't saying he and JR are the same, I was saying since the Cavs have two solid shooting guards and an up and comer in Liggins, that can defend and 5-6 guys who are shooting the 3 ball considerably better than Klay is this year, and only one PF than can score from everywhere on the court and get 10 rebounds a game in his sleep...there is no way trading Klay for Love makes Cleveland better. Especially right now while Love is doing every single thing on the basketball court better than Klay. And Klay's skill set is much closer to being redundant in Cleveland, than Love's skill set is in Cleveland.

Liggins is shooting 63.6% from 3 by the way.

The Cavs have 7 guys shooting over 40% from 3 this year.

They have 8 guys shooting the 3 better than Klay this year and Lebron is one of them.

jason
12-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Klay

tredigs
12-23-2016, 05:56 PM
@Hoops, You're bringing up shooting percentages for Liggins (63% from three!) like they have any reality behind them. A) I don't care about 20 game sample sizes when we know that Klay is a top 10 3pt shooter in NBA history and is entering his peak. B) If you do want to bring in that sample size, JR Smith has maybe been the worst starter in the NBA this season. His Orating is 99 on a team with an Orating of 115 (do you have any idea how inept you have to be to pull that off?), C) Liggins averages 1 three every 2 games. I don't care what his percentage is. D) I already stated I wouldn't trade either player for each other. Makes no sense for either team, especially the Dubs, where Love would not even be a starter. E) Your Draymond argument concerning the Olympics is terrible. 8 games on a politically ran popularity contest of a team where his playing time was sparse at best. I'd be surprised if he wasn't out drinking before 90% of those games to be honest lol. On an NBA roster on a contending level team, Draymond is a top 12 player in the world and has been for multiple seasons now.

ewing
12-23-2016, 10:58 PM
i think depends on the team you are placing them on but if i was starting a team i'd start with Klay. He has stand out scoring ability. I think if he had to create more for himself he would. I'm a Klay fan and i think he has big time scoring ability in him and he is a good defender.

Miltstar
12-23-2016, 11:16 PM
I think I'd have to go with love, everyone seems to be completely ignoring the fact he is one of the top rebounders in the league.

BKLYNpigeon
12-23-2016, 11:51 PM
Klay Thompson, He hasn't even reached his peak yet.

ewing
12-24-2016, 12:18 AM
I think I'd have to go with love, everyone seems to be completely ignoring the fact he is one of the top rebounders in the league.

I don't discount his rebounding but it also seems hard combine all his best skills. He really ins'y a finisher but he has range, but he a great roubounder, but on O if you have good team it might best for him to spread the floor. He is also a heck of passer but same thing his lack of explosion limits his ability to use it. I'm a big Love fan but think you would need a hell of a lot balance for him to be your number 1. I think Klay's ability to score so quickly and also be a guy you can give rock to and say go get a bucket put him over the top. I wish i could see love as a guy that dominates a game with his rebounding but i don't.

Miltstar
12-24-2016, 12:32 AM
I don't discount his rebounding but it also seems hard combine all his best skills. He really ins'y a finisher but he has range, but he a great roubounder, but on O if you have good team it might best for him to spread the floor. He is also a heck of passer but same thing his lack of explosion limits his ability to use it. I'm a big Love fan but think you would need a hell of a lot balance for him to be your number 1. I think Klay's ability to score so quickly and also be a guy you can give rock to and say go get a bucket put him over the top. I wish i could see love as a guy that dominates a game with his rebounding but i don't.

It's kind of a strange question to me, they are similar players... if I need a big I go for Love if I need a wing I take Klay, if I'm starting from scratch I take Love... that's my answer

IKnowHoops
12-24-2016, 03:39 AM
@Hoops, You're bringing up shooting percentages for Liggins (63% from three!) like they have any reality behind them. A) I don't care about 20 game sample sizes when we know that Klay is a top 10 3pt shooter in NBA history and is entering his peak. B) If you do want to bring in that sample size, JR Smith has maybe been the worst starter in the NBA this season. His Orating is 99 on a team with an Orating of 115 (do you have any idea how inept you have to be to pull that off?), C) Liggins averages 1 three every 2 games. I don't care what his percentage is. D) I already stated I wouldn't trade either player for each other. Makes no sense for either team, especially the Dubs, where Love would not even be a starter. E) Your Draymond argument concerning the Olympics is terrible. 8 games on a politically ran popularity contest of a team where his playing time was sparse at best. I'd be surprised if he wasn't out drinking before 90% of those games to be honest lol. On an NBA roster on a contending level team, Draymond is a top 12 player in the world and has been for multiple seasons now.

You seem to think I am saying that these guys are better than Klay. The stats illustrate that if Klay were to be added to this team right now, he would not help from outside the ark. How do we know that? Because this 20 game sample size is 100% proof that Klay's shooting thus far would not help a cast that collectively has been shooting a lot better than he has. You are trying to win an argument I'm not trying to make.

That's what people do with Kapernick by the way and make it about the troops instead of focusing on police brutality.

ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT KLAY WOULD NOT OF HELPED THEM AT ALL UP TO THIS POINT BASED ON WHAT HE HAS DONE AND WHAT THE CAVS ARE DOING.

Also Love would start on the Dubs if that trade were made. Don't fool yourself. He'd be your best rebounder and statistically your best 3pt shooter this year. You don't think he could take ZAZA spot LOL. Stop it.

And in reference to Draymond, you called him "beyond special". I'm wondering how a guy that is "beyond special" can be that bad. I put that in the form of a question because I wanted to know your opinion. I was not trying to make point. He's a good not great athlete who has good skills, playing on an ultra talented team which allows him to be him, but he is not "beyond special". Put him on the Philadelphia 76ers or the Nets, and there is no way anyone is calling him a top 10 player in the league. I guarantee that. The teams would not make the playoffs. They would ask him to do things that aren't his strengths and he would look like s--- often, just like he did on the olympic team.

tredigs
12-24-2016, 12:23 PM
@Hoops, wtf are you talking about? You honestly think he is simply a product of KD/Curry and the Warriors? He's a beast, dude. How about we remove KD/Curry and put him in a playoff situation? OH WAIT, we have that scenario to lean on, and it's your favorite 8 game sample size (only this one matters)! Let's see what he did:

Without Curry in the starting lineup and as a #2/best defender/player on the team, Draymond put up: 18/10/7 (all rounded down) on 46/44/70 (2 made 3's a game) +1.6 stls and 2.4 blks +2.2 TO's in leading the Dubs to a 6-2 record.

No KD, no Curry, no problem. Top 10 in RPM/VORP/BPM years on end for a reason. The dude is a monster. Watch a Dubs game here and there and educate yourself. I'm a Love fan, but the comparison is not close.

IKnowHoops
12-24-2016, 12:44 PM
@Hoops, wtf are you talking about? You honestly think he is simply a product of KD/Curry and the Warriors? He's a beast, dude. How about we remove KD/Curry and put him in a playoff situation? OH WAIT, we have that scenario to lean on, and it's your favorite 8 game sample size (only this one matters)! Let's see what he did:

Without Curry in the starting lineup and as a #2/best defender/player on the team, Draymond put up: 18/10/7 (all rounded down) on 46/44/70 (2 made 3's a game) +1.6 stls and 2.4 blks +2.2 TO's in leading the Dubs to a 6-2 record.

No KD, no Curry, no problem. Top 10 in RPM/VORP/BPM years on end for a reason. The dude is a monster. Watch a Dubs game here and there and educate yourself. I'm a Love fan, but the comparison is not close.

18/10/7 + 8 game sample size...lolololol...not sure which stat is funnier. I'm not impressed with 18/10/7 for an 82 game sample size to be praising his name. Westbrook is at 30/10/11 for the season so far and nobody is on there knees worshipping him. Kevin love is currently outperforming this 8 game sample sized stat. If Lebron put up these numbers he would get yelled at. It Dray was putting up 30/10/7 in that sample size, then maybe you would have something, but 18/10/7 does not scream anything other than good game by a good player. If Dray is beyond special with 18/10/7 what is Russ?

Regardless, I will ask the question you keep ducking. Why was he unplayable in the olympics if he is so special? Just answer me that. Your a Love fan? I do like Green, but I don't think he is nearly as awesome as you do. I'd rather have Klay.

IKnowHoops
12-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Tre you are in Homer mode strong already. I don't blame you. But that mode has gotten you f--- up before.

tredigs
12-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Homer mode, are you serious? Bro 18/10/7 w/ efficiency/volume from three, low turnovers and high stls/blks as an All-World man-defender on multiple positions is an amazing line from a PF (hint: the latter is the massive difference between him and most), specifically when it is over weeks of time in the playoffs for a team he is leading to victory. And actually yes, people are on their knees over Russ lmao. The dude is the headline of ESPN every other day and he's a frontrunner for MVP alongside Harden despite OKC being a 6/7 seed (something that never, ever happens).

Edit: I already addressed the Olympic argument, did you miss it? In short, it is meaningless and I could not care less about those exhibitions. I am speaking about NBA basketball. And in that realm, he is better than Kevin Love (and Klay).

Hopper15
12-24-2016, 02:42 PM
Homer mode, are you serious? Bro 18/10/7 w/ efficiency/volume from three, low turnovers and high stls/blks as an All-World man-defender on multiple positions is an amazing line from a PF (hint: the latter is the massive difference between him and most), specifically when it is over weeks of time in the playoffs for a team he is leading to victory. And actually yes, people are on their knees over Russ lmao. The dude is the headline of ESPN every other day and he's a frontrunner for MVP alongside Harden despite OKC being a 6/7 seed (something that never, ever happens).

Edit: I already addressed the Olympic argument, did you miss it? In short, it is meaningless and I could not care less about those exhibitions. I am speaking about NBA basketball. And in that realm, he is better than Kevin Love (and Klay).

lol at using the Olympics to critique Draymond.

Wisdom Listens
12-24-2016, 03:54 PM
Kevin Love is one of the worst defender sin the NBA. Not even exaggerating. Thompson is at least serviceable in that area. Sooooo.......Klay...

Wisdom Listens
12-24-2016, 03:58 PM
And to anyone who wants to make the comment that the Cavs won their championship last season with Love in the lineup but lost the year before WITHOUT him. I will say that they won last season DESPITE Love, not because of him. And I have statistical data to show that.

IKnowHoops
12-24-2016, 05:12 PM

You did address the question, just didn't answer it. You won't answer why he could not get on the court. Saying it is pointless, doesn't explain why he played so sh---, so its a fail of dressing the question.

IKnowHoops
12-24-2016, 05:14 PM
And to anyone who wants to make the comment that the Cavs won their championship last season with Love in the lineup but lost the year before WITHOUT him. I will say that they won last season DESPITE Love, not because of him. And I have statistical data to show that.

Having Love and Kyrie would of kept Lebron fresh for the entire series. He was gassed out after 4 games of averaging 48minutes per. Deli had to get an IV after the 2nd game. Everyone had to play so many more minutes that it was just not possible. Having an extra two players that can contribute heavily would of at least given Lebron the chance to at least go into GOAT mode for 7 games and have a chance at a victory.

tredigs
12-24-2016, 05:23 PM
@Hoops, how about address the fact that Draymond has been better than Love for 3 years of NBA/Playoff action and Love wasn't even on the Olympic roster?

Having to set your feet in the foundation of exhibition play for a team that starts the likes of Carmelo Anthony (played horribly) is not a good look. You're dodging reality.

Vee-Rex
12-24-2016, 07:09 PM

Warriors have been a bad matchup for Love so far. I'm curious to see if this year's Love (more aggressive and physically stronger) can be effective against the Dubs.

IKnowHoops
12-24-2016, 11:14 PM
@Hoops, how about address the fact that Draymond has been better than Love for 3 years of NBA/Playoff action and Love wasn't even on the Olympic roster?

Having to set your feet in the foundation of exhibition play for a team that starts the likes of Carmelo Anthony (played horribly) is not a good look. You're dodging reality.

Drey has been better than Love in the last 3 playoff years. But he was never better than Twolves Love. Twolves Love is now back alive on current Cavs because they finally meshed. If Love would of come in right away and continued to be Twolves Love, he'd be considered better than love.

ewing
12-25-2016, 03:33 AM
Drey has been better than Love in the last 3 playoff years. But he was never better than Twolves Love. Twolves Love is now back alive on current Cavs because they finally meshed. If Love would of come in right away and continued to be Twolves Love, he'd be considered better than love.

how much eggnog did you drink bro?

valade16
12-26-2016, 02:26 PM
I do wonder if GS would have 2 titles now if they had traded Klay for Love simply because it would have prevented Cleveland from getting him. But would GS then be good enough to have made the finals the last two years?

Chronz
12-26-2016, 03:52 PM
I do wonder if GS would have 2 titles now if they had traded Klay for Love simply because it would have prevented Cleveland from getting him. But would GS then be good enough to have made the finals the last two years?

Love would have blended in with Kerrs post heavy ( from a facilitation pov) offense more easily than learning Bron ball. He would've had to maintain his output with Klay gone.

What do you think their lineup becomes? Do they ever discover what they have in Green? I would think they just go small and start both pfs but it's hard to envision them not saving that lineup and starting a traditional center

Raps18-19 Champ
12-26-2016, 05:10 PM
Klay much better 2nd/3rd option. I rather have Klay as a first option but I doubt either amount to a playoff role.

lol, please
12-26-2016, 09:12 PM
Klay Thompson

Pts-21.5 FG%-47.3 PER-16.4 WS48-.108 TS%-.585

Kevin Love

Pts-22.2 FG%-46.8% PER-25.8 WS48-.251 TS%-.619

When K -Love was in MN, this wasn't a question. Mostly because Klay was just a youngin, but once Love came to Cleveland and Klay stepped up big time, most would of sided with Klay as the better player. Now this year, with both of them in similar roles on pretty stacked teams with Kevin finally being able to find his perfect fit with the team, who is the better player now?

Klay is the more complete player, the more reliable one, the more efficient, and the better defender.

Give me Klay Thompson.

lol, please
12-26-2016, 09:17 PM

Sorry but no, that's just a cop out from being forced to pick.

It's one thing to discuss which player fits into their system/team better.

it's another to discuss which player is better measuring their talent/skill level/gifts/experience pound for pound.

This is the latter, none of your points apply. The car analogy is a poor one.

Scoots
12-26-2016, 09:38 PM
it's another to discuss which player is better ... pound for pound.

Since when is this about weight?

tredigs
12-26-2016, 10:30 PM
Since when is this about weight?Ever since nearly half this site feels Mugsy Bogues had a Hall Of Fame career, I guess.

Scoots
12-26-2016, 11:14 PM
Ever since nearly half this site feels Mugsy Bogues had a Hall Of Fame career, I guess.

He would TOTALLY dominate an under 5'6" league though. :)

IKnowHoops
12-26-2016, 11:46 PM
how much eggnog did you drink bro?

Haha, yeah I just finally came back to this thread and saw that blip.

IKnowHoops
12-26-2016, 11:51 PM

Lololo...last word "love" is supposed to be "Draymond"

JasonJohnHorn
12-28-2016, 08:28 PM
It's hard enough to compare guys who play the same position when they can differ so much; comparing a SG to a PF is even harder.

That said.... I think it depends on what your team needs. I think you can build around either as easily as the other. Both spread the floor, Klay is a better defender, Love is a better rebounder and passer.

So if your team has a rebounding defensive presence and a slasher/mid-range guard like DM;DR, then Love would be great at helping clean up the glass, has a C to help him on D and spreads the floor.

If you have a power forward with a mid-range jumper and post moves that command a double team and can pass and has a rebounding/ok-defensive-C like DaJ or somebody, then I'd go with Klay.

So... for the Clippers, Klay would be better. For the Raptors, Love would likely be better.