PDA

View Full Version : Players and media can now vote for AS starters

aman_13
12-19-2016, 04:55 PM
The players and media will each account for 25% of the vote. The fans will get the other 50%.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1187669

dhopisthename
12-19-2016, 05:25 PM
this could be good, or just a waste of time.

Clint Olbrock
12-19-2016, 06:18 PM
Not thrilled on it but we'll see how it plays out.

Miltstar
12-19-2016, 06:21 PM
IE we can rig it as we please. I like it fans can mess with allstar games if they really rally in one area

Vee-Rex
12-19-2016, 06:25 PM
It'll probably be a good thing. Unless you guys wanna see Kobe Bryant suit up again in 2017.

rhino17
12-19-2016, 06:27 PM
The fans almost always get it wrong, but its en exhibition game without any meaning, so I don't really care. The game is for the fans, so I think whoever they want in should get in

I especially don't want the media voting, most of them are completely out of touch and only watch a handful of teams

aman_13
12-19-2016, 06:42 PM
It may not have a profound impact on the final selections but what it does is decrease the chances of a very deserving player being snubbed.

At least that's how I see it at first thought.

Jeffy25
12-19-2016, 06:45 PM
The fans almost always get it wrong, but its en exhibition game without any meaning, so I don't really care. The game is for the fans, so I think whoever they want in should get in

I especially don't want the media voting, most of them are completely out of touch and only watch a handful of teams

Do the fans supposedly watch more or something?

The all-star game has been a major joke for a long time, they are just trying to make it relevant again....which it won't. Not until the players try.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 06:54 PM
I think they were seeing the numbers lately where some foreign players that didn't fully deserve it getting big numbers. So they want the right to balance that out.

I still say the roster should be 5/5/5:
5 - Player/Coaches picks
5 - GMs/Media picks
5 - Fan picks

aman_13
12-19-2016, 07:03 PM

The all-star game has been a major joke for a long time, they are just trying to make it relevant again....which it won't. Not until the players try.

Maybe to the older audience but it's not a joke to the younger fans and certainly not the players. It's a big thing for players, especially since many validate their careers based on the number of selections.

aman_13
12-19-2016, 07:04 PM
I like that they are taking measures to improve the selection process. Hopefully at some point they get rid of fan voting all together.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 07:40 PM
IE we can rig it as we please. I like it fans can mess with allstar games if they really rally in one area

Except that our % isn't high enough to get a D leaguer in like the NHL did with John Scott, which had to have been great free publicity. I tuned in just for him and the last match I watched was the US losing to Americas Top Hat in the Olympics a few years ago

rhino17
12-20-2016, 02:07 PM

not necessarily but the event is for the fans, so that shouldn't matter. Sports media members in particular are bad at what they do. They don't watch AND the game is not for them. Should be decided by fans and players only imo.