PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin to have procedure done on knee

spreadeagle
12-19-2016, 02:32 PM
Even though its minor, for a guy who depends on his athleticism so much, not great for the Clipps

Blake Griffin will undergo minor surgery on his right knee and be out until some point in January.

Griffin will undergo the procedure, considered a “clean up,” early this week.

Griffin has recently dealt with left calf and knee soreness.

Griffin had surgery on his right knee in his freshman season at Oklahoma in 2008 and had a procedure for a torn left kneecap as a rookie with the Clippers in 2010.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2016, 02:34 PM
some cleanup it looks like. Because I think Houston is overachieving, and will regress to the mean, this shouldn't hurt the Clips too bad in their quest for the 1st round being HCA, and healthy come playoff time.

Scoots
12-19-2016, 03:12 PM
Little niggling injuries are fine as long as the player could play through them at 100% ... if they are the sort that significantly lowers performance it can become a problem in the playoffs where the minutes go up and time off goes down.

I really want to see the Clippers healthy in the playoffs.

Chronz
12-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Watch this turn into mf ala tmac

Cracka2HI!
12-21-2016, 01:19 PM
^ I've always thought he was going to need microfracture. It sounds like he should be fine this time but I'm not feeling too good about a long term $200 million contract for Blake.

Chronz
12-21-2016, 03:57 PM
Gotta hone that jumper if he wants to stay relevant

Scoots
12-21-2016, 04:56 PM
Gotta hone that jumper if he wants to stay relevant

The shame of it all is we've seen so many guys who are so skilled around the basket fall in love with the jumper and lose the diversity in their game. Griffin certainly has a recent trend of doing that during the regular season ... like he's saving himself for the playoffs. I hope he can stay healthy.

It will be real interesting to see what the Clippers look like next year.

Chronz
12-21-2016, 05:25 PM
The shame of it all is we've seen so many guys who are so skilled around the basket fall in love with the jumper and lose the diversity in their game. Griffin certainly has a recent trend of doing that during the regular season ... like he's saving himself for the playoffs. I hope he can stay healthy.

It will be real interesting to see what the Clippers look like next year.
Haven't checked the numbers but based on what I've seen, he's been attacking more this year while his jumper has regressed. Lo and behold he's injured. Dude should go back to coasting but it will forever hold his teams rs wins back. Was Hoping he could be the next Karl Malone but he goes abit too hard on his body