PDA

View Full Version : What could the 76ers get for Embiid right now? Is trading him the answer?

IKnowHoops
12-19-2016, 02:36 AM
We are in the midst of Embiid mania and I was thinking...is trading him for an amazing overpriced package the answer to all of the 76ers woes.

They have Noel and Okafor who have low value and they can't move for anything close to worth it. Both can very well turn out to be very good players. And you have Ben Simmons who IMO is going to be there best player. I like Simmons at PG. I think he should start there. But he will probably be the SF.

PG Simmons
SG
SF
PF Okafor
C Noel

If they could get Giannis straight up, I'd do it. Obviously AD. Or like a Wiggins/Lavine Package.

PG Simmons
SG Lavine
SF Wiggins
PF Okafor
C Noel

I'd like that team moving forward a lot!!!!

The more and more I think about it, the best way to guarantee team success is to build the team around Simmons, and trade Embiid for a ridiculous haul while his value is high. Then you also have your high draft pick next year to get either your 2 or your 3 that you didn't get form the Embiid trade.

More-Than-Most
12-19-2016, 05:02 AM
Said it forever... we sink or swim with him... Unless I am getting Lebron/Durant/Westy I wouldnt do it.... Not saying he is better than a guy like AD but i have stated before there is nobody except lebron that coming into the league has the potential Embiid does.... He can literally do everything... People forget he has only been playing basketball for a few years.... How quickly he learns and adjusts in every area is insane.

Jeffy25
12-19-2016, 07:55 AM
were 18 games into his NBA career, Bucks wouldn't give up GA. His trade value won't equate his worth to the Sixers.

Trade Noel for a wing player and be done with this speculation.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 08:14 AM
Jesus Christ no. Also Okafor Noel epically failed and Okafor Embiid is epically failing too.

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 09:54 AM
OP should be banned for suggesting such an idea.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 10:00 AM
Lol I wouldn't trade Giannis the goat for Embiid, simmons or the entire city of Philadelphia.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 10:03 AM
were 18 games into his NBA career, Bucks wouldn't give up GA. His trade value won't equate his worth to the Sixers.

Trade Noel for a wing player and be done with this speculation.
I'd have a tough time dealing Jabari for him. I mean I'd probably do it if medicals checked out but the dude has played 18 games in 2 and a quarter seasons so far.

Miltstar
12-19-2016, 10:06 AM
I'm sure Minnesota would love to put him beside Towns haha twin towers reborn. It's a bad idea trading a franchise player

Scoots
12-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Embiid's trade value is FAR below his potential. The Sixers have to trade Oka or Noel and then they have to not make any special moves and just give the team time to develop. If their assets come out of contract they should determine their value to the team on the floor and if they are not worth their market to the TEAM ON THE FLOOR they should be moved as soon as possible ... but it will take a while for them to get there with everyone except Noel.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 10:16 AM
OP clearly doesn't know hoops. Just thought I'd chime in

ewing
12-19-2016, 02:00 PM
^^^^^

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 02:16 PM
^^^^^

I feel like I've posted that or something similar before- although the PSD Hack makes it nearly impossible to find it.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2016, 02:36 PM
They can't receive fair trade value for him. He makes no money, and his injury history will scare off the ultimate offers.

Besides, Philly has been tanking, trying to land that superstar talent. He is it, let them see if he can stay healthy

Btw, you don't try and balance out a roster with 20-25 wins.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 02:40 PM
They can't receive fair trade value for him. He makes no money, and his injury history will scare off the ultimate offers.

Besides, Philly has been tanking, trying to land that superstar talent. He is it, let them see if he can stay healthy

Btw, you don't try and balance out a roster with 20-25 wins.

While I agree with you, I wouldn't put anything past the 76ers.

Alayla
12-19-2016, 02:44 PM
Embiid is completely untouchable /thread.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2016, 02:53 PM

nobody is untouchable.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 03:20 PM
nobody is untouchable.

He basically is.

He isn't worth alot to other teams because of the injury history.

He's worth a lot to us because of the time waiting and his skill.

So he's untouchable in the fact that there would be no where near fair value coming back.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2016, 03:31 PM
He basically is.

He isn't worth alot to other teams because of the injury history.

He's worth a lot to us because of the time waiting and his skill.

So he's untouchable in the fact that there would be no where near fair value coming back.

but nobody is untouchable. If the Wolves called and offered Towns/Lavine, the Sixers would take the trade. Clearly it takes a made up (or ridiculously stupid) trade to make it work, I only mean, anyone can be traded. Trust me, untradeable players have been swapped before.

He isn't going anywhere though, so I do agree with that. In fact, I stated that prior in this thread.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 03:31 PM

If the Warriors come calling and offer KD, Klay, and Curry for him, I doubt they turn that down.

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 03:45 PM
but nobody is untouchable. If the Wolves called and offered Towns/Lavine, the Sixers would take the trade. Clearly it takes a made up (or ridiculously stupid) trade to make it work, I only mean, anyone can be traded. Trust me, untradeable players have been swapped before.

He isn't going anywhere though, so I do agree with that. In fact, I stated that prior in this thread.

i would turn down Towns/Lavine for Embiid.

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 03:46 PM
If the Warriors come calling and offer KD, Klay, and Curry for him, I doubt they turn that down.

but thats not realsitic

warfelg
12-19-2016, 03:51 PM

But that's the thing to me. You're making up a trade they would never do to say he's not untouchable.

IKnowHoops
12-19-2016, 04:11 PM
But that's the thing to me. You're making up a trade they would never do to say he's not untouchable.

Yeah but that would make 50% of the league untradeable.

Noel and Okafor are also untradeable by this logic. Kareem got traded, so basically nobody is untradeable. I'd say Embiid, Okafor, and Noel are all equally as hard to trade and get back equal value for.

Bostonjorge
12-19-2016, 04:11 PM
The one thing Embiid can't do is play next to okafor.

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 04:25 PM
we just won a game with them starting together....

warfelg
12-19-2016, 04:30 PM
By 1 point. Over the nets. And we needed 9 points in 4 minutes from Embiid without Okafor to get into it.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 04:33 PM
Oh and since ya'll don't watch the Sixers, Okafor was 0-10 with 3 points 11 rebs in that game.

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 04:39 PM
By 1 point. Over the nets. And we needed 9 points in 4 minutes from Embiid without Okafor to get into it.

oh stop it wasnt really a 1 point game and you know it.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 04:45 PM
Largest lead was 8. #Facts.

Alayla
12-19-2016, 04:47 PM
oh stop it wasnt really a 1 point game and you know it.

We easily could have lost that game but the nets where a mess missing 2 open shots and then a reasonably Hitt able 3 at the end.

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 04:50 PM
Largest lead was 8. #Facts.

um never said otherwise. you wanna continue to ignore Oak shutting down Lopez in the 2nd half or nah? agenda.

Alayla
12-19-2016, 04:57 PM
um never said otherwise. you wanna continue to ignore Oak shutting down Lopez in the 2nd half or nah? agenda.

That was not a thing.

DanG
12-19-2016, 05:00 PM
Definitely should NOT trade him. Let Simmons come back and start picking up veteran players and a good guard. This is the last year they should hope for a top 5 draft pick. It's time to start winning.

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 05:00 PM
do you want to tell me how many pts and rebs Lopez had in the 2nd half?

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 05:01 PM
and **** there are too many Sixers related threads right now. The only one thread worthy is the one about Noel and his upcoming DNP's for being a little ***** who likes to run his mouth

warfelg
12-19-2016, 05:10 PM
What about Louis Scola shutting down Okafor. Oh that's right. Nothing negative about Okafor means anything to you.

Louis ****ing Scola shut down Okafor. Think about that.

tredigs
12-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Obviously trading Embiid is not the answer unless they're projecting another injury or have reason to believe he will leave next summer (which I'm confident he will if they don't trade one or both of Okafor/Noel). The potential of him+Simmons is too strong. Bottom line is that they need to get some strong veteran presence in that locker room/on the court and use Okafor/Noel to do so.

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 05:19 PM
What about Louis Scola shutting down Okafor. Oh that's right. Nothing negative about Okafor means anything to you.

Louis ****ing Scola shut down Okafor. Think about that.

he didnt really do anything, the ball was just rolling off the rim. 55% prior to last night doe but lets focus on the negative bcuz hey we like Noel better!

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 05:19 PM
Obviously trading Embiid is not the answer unless they're projecting another injury or have reason to believe he will leave next summer (which I'm confident he will if they don't trade one or both of Okafor/Noel). The potential of him+Simmons is too strong. Bottom line is that they need to get some strong veteran presence in that locker room/on the court and use Okafor/Noel to do so.

We have plenty of vets, why doesnt anyone realize this? its prob the most annoying thing of all this.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 05:37 PM
have reason to believe he will leave next summer (which I'm confident he will if they don't trade one or both of Okafor/Noel).

Why do people keep talking about our young guys like RFA don't exist?

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 05:40 PM
i completely overlooked the part about JE walking lol when it comes to the sixers we have no vets and we are the only team who doesnt get RFA. Lets also ignore how much Embiid loves it here.

IKnowHoops
12-19-2016, 05:41 PM
and **** there are too many Sixers related threads right now. The only one thread worthy is the one about Noel and his upcoming DNP's for being a little ***** who likes to run his mouth

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh:

You have the most posts in this unworthy thread doe

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh:

What is your purpose?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_HupY6pkk

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 05:45 PM

You have the most posts in this unworthy thread doe

What is your purpose?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_HupY6pkk

dude i know, im extra active today since my system has been down at work for over 2 hours now. bored as hell. I keep getting these threads confused too.

IKnowHoops
12-19-2016, 06:23 PM
I really do like Embiid, and I hope he has a long injury free career. But he just looks like he is favoring his joints when he is moving out there. Ive seen him collapse where it just looks like his leg either gave out, or he didn't want to try to hold himself up and just fell to the ground, as if he knows he's to big for his own bones and that certain stops and starts can mess him up. Thats just my take with my eye. I haven't watched him play since the MN game, but Ive seen him play in about 10-12 games this year and he just seems a off physically to me. He is a beast of a human being, but he moves around as if he doesn't want to hurt himself.

Because of this I am not as sold on him being a top 5 player like I see KAT and AD when it comes to big men. Embiid looks and moves stiff, robotic, and more careful in comparison to those two. Its hard to fully describe Embiid, because he is big, strong, and he moves with strength, there is still an underlying fragility that I see when he is moving fast and attempting to slow down.

I also feel that Okafor and Noel will be good players. They are just young. Lot of great young players have been demoralized.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2016, 06:49 PM

that would be insanity

SeoulBeatz
12-19-2016, 06:49 PM
I really do like Embiid, and I hope he has a long injury free career. But he just looks like he is favoring his joints when he is moving out there. Ive seen him collapse where it just looks like his leg either gave out, or he didn't want to try to hold himself up and just fell to the ground, as if he knows he's to big for his own bones and that certain stops and starts can mess him up. Thats just my take with my eye. I haven't watched him play since the MN game, but Ive seen him play in about 10-12 games this year and he just seems a off physically to me. He is a beast of a human being, but he moves around as if he doesn't want to hurt himself.

Because of this I am not as sold on him being a top 5 player like I see KAT and AD when it comes to big men. Embiid looks and moves stiff, robotic, and more careful in comparison to those two. Its hard to fully describe Embiid, because he is big, strong, and he moves with strength, there is still an underlying fragility that I see when he is moving fast and attempting to slow down.

I also feel that Okafor and Noel will be good players. They are just young. Lot of great young players have been demoralized.

Honestly, that's just how he moves. His movements are very deliberate and slow but his post moves still come off surprisingly silky and smooth.

I don't think he's worried about hurting himself as he's jumped into the crowd NUMEROUS times this season. Wish he wouldn't do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY5KKHHGC6E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0TxCcwoJro

Scoots
12-19-2016, 06:51 PM
If these guys make it to RFA and are offered max deals do the Sixers match on all of them?

tredigs
12-19-2016, 06:52 PM
You poor Sixers fans lol. By "veteran leadership" I don't mean 29 year olds who get tossed around in throw in trades every other season. I'm talking about guys who have done something in this league and been leaders before, ideally with legit playoff experience and been a key part of a top contender. I.E., not Ersan Ilyasova or Gerald Henderson. Ersan has no clout and your bastion of young idiots won't listen to him.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 07:05 PM
If these guys make it to RFA and are offered max deals do the Sixers match on all of them?

Noel - sigh, as much as I want to, not likely
Embiid - Yes
Okafor - No
Simmons - Too early, but would lean yes
Saric - Ditto from Simmons, less lean
Stauskas - hell naw
McConnell - Nope
Holmes - Nope
TLC - No

That's every Sixer on a rookie contract. So 1 definite, 1 most likely, 1 want to, 1 fence, 5 no

warfelg
12-19-2016, 07:06 PM
You poor Sixers fans lol. By "veteran leadership" I don't mean 29 year olds who get tossed around in throw in trades every other season. I'm talking about guys who have done something in this league and been leaders before, ideally with legit playoff experience and been a key part of a top contender. I.E., not Ersan Ilyasova or Gerald Henderson. Ersan has no clout and your bastion of young idiots won't listen to him.

So basically only stars can be vet leaders? Lol that's ****ing stupid.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 07:09 PM

You do know that he is a "Warriors fan", no?

warfelg
12-19-2016, 07:19 PM
You do know that he is a "Warriors fan", no?

I do. Still calling out stupidity when I see it.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 07:23 PM
I do. Still calling out stupidity when I see it.

So why would his post surprise you then?

tredigs
12-19-2016, 07:47 PM

What's confusing here? You think Nerlens Noel is listening to a sit down from Ersan Ilyasova? No bro, it's not happening. The prob is no free agent vet leader would come to Philly, so it has to be done via trade. No organization needs it more though.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 07:56 PM
What's confusing here? You think Nerlens Noel is listening to a sit down from Ersan Ilyasova? No bro, it's not happening. The prob is no free agent vet leader would come to Philly, so it has to be done via trade. No organization needs it more though.

Well at least he is being true to his team. Easily could join a bandwagon like most fans of the Cavs, and Warriors have done

ewing
12-19-2016, 08:50 PM

Gerald herderson actually has a great rep around the league not sure how he is fitting in but he had always been I guy that I think most want on there side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
12-19-2016, 09:03 PM

:laugh: nice

IKnowHoops
12-19-2016, 09:08 PM

I don't think he's saying that. I think he'd agree if you had 32 year old versions of Avery Johnson, Shane Battier, and Richard Jefferson, that would be a great group of non-star veteran leadership.

jimm120
12-19-2016, 09:13 PM
The whole POINT of the tank was to get a "generational" talent. They've gotten people, but not that generational talent.

JRue Holiday got to be an allstar, but really wasn't great.
Carter-Williams was an ok talent.
Noel turned into a damn good player, but not all-star.
Okafor seems like a decent scorer.

But what they've wanted trhough all that tanking and all that trading away of promising players has been Embiid. They've been drafting like crazy, hoping to find that True talent that can be a top 20 player in the nba.

They have him now. Won't let him go.

Point was never to amass picks and "good, cheap talent through the draft". It was always hoping to find that "diamond in the rough" Embiid has been injury prone, but he's still the best the type of talent they were searching for.

What they have to do now is decide how to build around him Trade Noel, Okafor, Saric, etc whomever. Do what you need to fit AROUND Embiid.

Crazy that if they take Porzingis the previous year, they'd have 2 generational talents.

IndyRealist
12-19-2016, 09:19 PM
Gerald herderson actually has a great rep around the league not sure how he is fitting in but he had always been I guy that I think most want on there side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is that Gerald Henderson is considered dirty. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that on multiple broadcasts.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 09:30 PM
My understanding is that Gerald Henderson is considered dirty. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that on multiple broadcasts.

It was love at first sight- Gerald and Philly. Couldn't think of a better tandem

warfelg
12-19-2016, 09:33 PM

No really. He's a good standup guy.

Beyond that Ilyasova has had a huge influence on Saric and Jahlil. Jah is starting to pick up some of Illy's defensive tendencies. Bayless put off surgery because he wanted to be around the team and help them out. Henderson has made the wing players more confident. Time to ship out Noel and Okafor and bring in a backup to Embiid in order to help guide him.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 09:36 PM
It was love at first sight- Gerald and Philly. Couldn't think of a better tandem

Well seeing as he was born there.

Alayla
12-19-2016, 09:58 PM
The whole POINT of the tank was to get a "generational" talent. They've gotten people, but not that generational talent.

But what they've wanted trhough all that tanking and all that trading away of promising players has been Embiid. They've been drafting like crazy, hoping to find that True talent that can be a top 20 player in the nba.

Point was never to amass picks and "good, cheap talent through the draft". It was always hoping to find that "diamond in the rough" Embiid has been injury prone, but he's still the best the type of talent they were searching for.

What they have to do now is decide how to build around him Trade Noel, Okafor, Saric, etc whomever. Do what you need to fit AROUND Embiid.

Crazy that if they take Porzingis the previous year, they'd have 2 generational talents.

Let me introduce you to Ben Simmons.

Ultimately though your right there is no reason we would ever want to trade Embiid that's what the process was about.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Well seeing as he was born there.

exactly what I was referring to ;)

Shlumpledink
12-19-2016, 10:37 PM
Hasn't he been injured for two seasons and only played for 20% of one season on limited minutes?

If you can get some team to give you the moon because they've not considered all of that then you do it.

SeoulBeatz
12-19-2016, 10:37 PM

He grew up here and played with wayne ellington at episcopal academy. I remember watching them whoop my h.s bball team's *** back in the day. I believe the score was 50 to 10 at halftime.

Scoots
12-19-2016, 10:50 PM
Hasn't he been injured for two seasons and only played for 20% of one season on limited minutes?

If you can get some team to give you the moon because they've not considered all of that then you do it.

Everyone is on the block ... but nobody will offer enough to get Embiid away from the Sixers right now.

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 09:49 AM

you do Elton Brand also works for this organization right?

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 09:49 AM

ummmm we have 2 probable franchise changing caliber players....

Giannis94
12-20-2016, 10:28 AM
ummmm we have 2 probable franchise changing caliber players....

Simmons is a big Q mark. The 76ers alreafy screwed him up which led to his injury. Although that doesn't shock me in the slightest

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 10:39 AM
yea, sure we screwed him big time! what were we thinking allowing to practice while fully healthy, ****ing *******s ill tell ya.

warfelg
12-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Simmons is a big Q mark. The 76ers alreafy screwed him up which led to his injury. Although that doesn't shock me in the slightest

Please explain.

Alayla
12-20-2016, 10:45 AM

This coming from a guy who constantly praises a guy with the same overall game...

Synyster89
12-20-2016, 11:16 AM

The Sixers made him land on another player's foot in practice?? :confused:

The hate is real.

Giannis94
12-20-2016, 11:51 AM
This coming from a guy who constantly praises a guy with the same overall game...

Not sure if serious.

Re: other post- I thought his injury was caused by him having to lose weight to play a position by the FO? If thats not the case I apologize but I thought it was and swear that a few of the posters in here posted in the original thread?

warfelg
12-20-2016, 11:57 AM
Not sure if serious.

Re: other post- I thought his injury was caused by him having to lose weight to play a position by the FO? If thats not the case I apologize but I thought it was and swear that a few of the posters in here posted in the original thread?

Wrong.

Giannis94
12-20-2016, 11:59 AM
Wrong.
My applogies. Should of fact checked that then. Honest (non-intentional) mistake

Vinylman
12-20-2016, 12:16 PM

Then you aren't very smart... there is no GM in the league that turns that deal down

Vinylman
12-20-2016, 12:20 PM
Why do people keep talking about our young guys like RFA don't exist?

umm... you gotta start winning or I could see some of them taking the QO... probably not embiid because of his injury history but I could even see him doing it and getting an insurance policy.

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 12:34 PM
Then you aren't very smart... there is no GM in the league that turns that deal down

im sure there is. sorry im not impressed with Lavine and we are likely to draft an equal to better player next year anyway.

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 12:35 PM
umm... you gotta start winning or I could see some of them taking the QO... probably not embiid because of his injury history but I could even see him doing it and getting an insurance policy.

could say that about any player. If Minny continues to suck i can say the same thing about Wiggins and Towns wanting to bolt.

mrblisterdundee
12-20-2016, 12:49 PM
The new "process" is trading big men not named Simmons and Embiid to add talent in the back court.
The process needs to happen before the deadline this season, considering this is the last chance to trade Noel with the security of him being a restricted free agent, before deciding whether to give him a new deal. Trade he and Okafor for more back court talent.

mrblisterdundee
12-20-2016, 12:51 PM
im sure there is. sorry im not impressed with Lavine and we are likely to draft an equal to better player next year anyway.

What are you not impressed with LaVine's unmatched athleticism, or his ability to drain threes and help run an offense? And please explain how Embiid is more valuable than Towns, who has no significant injury history.

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 01:04 PM
What are you not impressed with LaVine's unmatched athleticism, or his ability to drain threes and help run an offense? And please explain how Embiid is more valuable than Towns, who has no significant injury history.

sorry where did i say embiid is more valuable then towns? i do think he projects to better as soon as next season. Lavine is a volume scorer, he and Towns arent saving this franchise

Synyster89
12-20-2016, 01:13 PM

If you take away the injury risk, and just look at the talent, and argument can be made for Embiid. Embiid clearly has the higher defensive upside and is carrying a team on the offensive and defensive end. Towns has Wiggins/Lavine/Rubio...the best player Embiid has shared the court with is...Robert Covington. What is Towns definitively better than Embiid at?

Small sample size, but per 100 possessions Embiid ranks better than Towns in : PTS/3PT%/DRB/ASTs/STLs/BLKs (in his rookie season)

Health aside, I don't think it is crazy or laughable to prefer Embiid now or long term.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/embiijo01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/townska01.html

Vinylman
12-20-2016, 01:21 PM

you are wrong... there is no reason to debate the talent of the players involved... the mitigation of the injury risk factor vis a vis Embiid gets this deal done 100 out 100 times...

It doesn't matter how good YOU think Embiid can be

Vinylman
12-20-2016, 01:23 PM
could say that about any player. If Minny continues to suck i can say the same thing about Wiggins and Towns wanting to bolt.

No... you can say it about ****** organizations and whether Philly people want to believe it or not Colangelo is a joke... does Minnie also fit that ****** organization category... possibly but that has nothing to do with what is going on in Philly

Scoots
12-20-2016, 01:41 PM
you are wrong... there is no reason to debate the talent of the players involved... the mitigation of the injury risk factor vis a vis Embiid gets this deal done 100 out 100 times...

I was with you up to the last sentence. If you think Embiid is sure to be the greatest offensive player of all time and the greatest defensive player of all time you probably don't make that deal :)

Vinylman
12-20-2016, 01:44 PM
I was with you up to the last sentence. If you think Embiid is sure to be the greatest offensive player of all time and the greatest defensive player of all time you probably don't make that deal :)

I know you are joking but if someone thought that... it would prove their ignorance

LoveCaliFan
12-20-2016, 02:00 PM
Yes and No. Yes you trade a player with as high as his value is. He could defenitely bring back great return. Esecially if you instantly become a contender when Simmons comes back. Or if you're tanking and you want a complete rebuild of young determined players and 1st rd picks. 76ers also have Okafor & Noel to grab more assets.

No if you believe he is the Franchise. You keep him & Simmons and clean house.

So yes if you can get 4-5 1st rd picks and good young prospects. No if you think he's the Franchise.

SeoulBeatz
12-20-2016, 02:11 PM

I think he's (hopefully) trolling.

Any sane GM would take Towns for Embiid, let alone throwing Lavine into the mix. Towns is younger, healthier, and (as of now) better.

IndyRealist
12-20-2016, 02:17 PM
No really. He's a good standup guy.

Beyond that Ilyasova has had a huge influence on Saric and Jahlil. Jah is starting to pick up some of Illy's defensive tendencies. Bayless put off surgery because he wanted to be around the team and help them out. Henderson has made the wing players more confident. Time to ship out Noel and Okafor and bring in a backup to Embiid in order to help guide him.

This is a few years old, but http://www.si.com/nba/photos/2012/04/24nba-poll-dirtiest-player

warfelg
12-20-2016, 02:23 PM
This is a few years old, but http://www.si.com/nba/photos/2012/04/24nba-poll-dirtiest-player

Few years old. I'm sure guys would easily put a few others higher than him.

LoveCaliFan
12-20-2016, 02:27 PM
TBH, i think it really doesn't matter. 76ers going to tank so if you keep him, great! If you trade him along with trading Noel & Okafor to get 4-5 first rd picks and solid young players, great! Especially if they'd have a chance to build around Simmons and could get high picks with the high picks they will get already, they could be a very dangerous young team. Even keeping Embiid with Simmons & getting picks for Okafor & Noel they'd be dangerous. They should imo do a full rebuild by just keeping Simmons, Embiid. Get picks. Possibly get 3-4 1st rd picks anyways. Draft SG, SF, PF/C that can shoot & play defense. Keep Stauskas, McConnell, Rodriguez, Saric, Covington, Holmes for Bench.

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 02:34 PM

Embiids injury concerns are not there for me. he is fine. He is a freak and a legend in the making in this city. He is already the most beloved player since AI, the crowd has embraces him, there is no reason to trade him not even for Towns who is a defensive downgrade anyway

Alayla
12-20-2016, 02:35 PM
No... you can say it about ****** organizations and whether Philly people want to believe it or not Colangelo is a joke... does Minnie also fit that ****** organization category... possibly but that has nothing to do with what is going on in Philly

I highly doubt anyone will disagree with that.

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 02:37 PM

Minny is a **** organization lol and hasnt been to the playoffs in 12 years. So yea i can easily say Towns or Wiggins or whoever are prob gonna leave bucz the franchise is a perennial loser. At least Philly is a major market and storied franchise.

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 02:38 PM
I think he's (hopefully) trolling.

Any sane GM would take Towns for Embiid, let alone throwing Lavine into the mix. Towns is younger, healthier, and (as of now) better.

no im not trolling. i seriously wouldnt do it. Maybe if Towns was any good on D i might think different.

Alayla
12-20-2016, 02:44 PM
no im not trolling. i seriously wouldnt do it. Maybe if Towns was any good on D i might think different.

Well you also think Jah is good at basketball and can fit with Embiid so.

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 02:47 PM
i actually never said any of that but ok. Wanting to see an experiment for half a season is hardly the same thing. Remember when Jah hindered Embiids production then he went and put up 33/10/3 in a winning effort. But i forget guys refuse to learn and make adjustments.

Alayla
12-20-2016, 02:51 PM
i actually never said any of that but ok. Wanting to see an experiment for half a season is hardly the same thing. Remember when Jah hindered Embiids production then he went and put up 33/10/3 in a winning effort. But i forget guys refuse to learn and make adjustments.

a large chunk of embiid's production in that game was with Jah off the court anyway.

Vinylman
12-20-2016, 02:51 PM
Embiids injury concerns are not there for me. he is fine. He is a freak and a legend in the making in this city. He is already the most beloved player since AI, the crowd has embraces him, there is no reason to trade him not even for Towns who is a defensive downgrade anyway

Again... the bolded is great for you... but the history of the league tells a different story... good luck with him...

To circle back to the original premise of this thread... no I would not trade him if I was Philly because you could get nowhere near equal value at this point...

warfelg
12-20-2016, 02:52 PM
I highly doubt anyone will disagree with that.

No argument here. Lol.

mrblisterdundee
12-20-2016, 02:53 PM
If you take away the injury risk, and just look at the talent, and argument can be made for Embiid. Embiid clearly has the higher defensive upside and is carrying a team on the offensive and defensive end. Towns has Wiggins/Lavine/Rubio...the best player Embiid has shared the court with is...Robert Covington. What is Towns definitively better than Embiid at?
Small sample size, but per 100 possessions Embiid ranks better than Towns in : PTS/3PT%/DRB/ASTs/STLs/BLKs

It's so annoying when people try to forget injury risk, which plays a huge part in a player's value. And let's also not forget Embiid has a usage rate nearly 10 percent higher than Towns'
Can you definitively prove Towns couldn't produce similar numbers in a situation like Embiid's? I can definitively prove that Embiid has a higher risk of injury, based on history.
I can also assume that Philadelphia would probably be better off overall with Towns and LaVine instead of just Embiid. LaVine is what makes the trade easy. Without LaVine, I would probably keep Embiid based on his potential, understanding that many of his current numbers are juiced by a high usage rate, a la Allen Iverson.

Vinylman
12-20-2016, 02:54 PM
Minny is a **** organization lol and hasnt been to the playoffs in 12 years. So yea i can easily say Towns or Wiggins or whoever are prob gonna leave bucz the franchise is a perennial loser. At least Philly is a major market and storied franchise.

Again, I don't disagree on your historical analysis of Minnie but that has nothing to do with Philly and right now it is obvious Colangelo doesn't know what to do with the assets he has or he would have made the deal at the deadline last year. Unless another idiot GM is involved your "get" on a guy like Noel is going to be meh...

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 02:54 PM
a large chunk of embiid's production in that game was with Jah off the court anyway.

was still fine together and they dont even play big mins together so excuse me if the constant crying over it gets old, especially in a win.

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Again, I don't disagree on your historical analysis of Minnie but that has nothing to do with Philly and right now it is obvious Colangelo doesn't know what to do with the assets he has or he would have made the deal at the deadline last year. Unless another idiot GM is involved your "get" on a guy like Noel is going to be meh...

I dont recall the timeline but i think Hinkie was still the GM at the deadline last year. I dont care what we get for Noel or Okafor, just find a decent bench piece and a future pick or 2. We have Embiid and Simmons thats all that matters, no one is gonna remember who was traded for what if these 2 take over the league.

ewing
12-20-2016, 03:01 PM

A lot of those guys were thought of as good teammates and leaders. Shane Battier, Kurt Thomas, ect. I always liked Henderson and its seems like he has a got a lot of praise from coaches and stuff for being a good teammate.

IndyRealist
12-20-2016, 03:10 PM
Few years old. I'm sure guys would easily put a few others higher than him.

All I'm saying is that he's known to be a dirty player. Not where he's ranked, just that he IS ranked.

ewing
12-20-2016, 05:23 PM
All I'm saying is that he's known to be a dirty player. Not where he's ranked, just that he IS ranked.

why is that relevant to being a solid vet that teammates respect? The article you posted also listed Shane Battier and Kurt Thomas. Both guys were absolutely loved by everyone who ever coached them and thought of quintessential vets at the tail end of there careers. I want guys like Henderson as vet roles players. you can have a bunch of softies if you want.

warfelg
12-20-2016, 05:49 PM
why is that relevant to being a solid vet that teammates respect? The article you posted also listed Shane Battier and Kurt Thomas. Both guys were absolutely loved by everyone who ever coached them and thought of quintessential vets at the tail end of there careers. I want guys like Henderson as vet roles players. you can have a bunch of softies if you want.

Agreed. Not sure what being called dirty, and being a respected vet leader have to do with each other.

Mind you the reason these guys are "dirty" is they still hand check in a game that doesn't allow it anymore.

IndyRealist
12-20-2016, 06:24 PM
Agreed. Not sure what being called dirty, and being a respected vet leader have to do with each other.

Mind you the reason these guys are "dirty" is they still hand check in a game that doesn't allow it anymore.

LOL ok it's hand checking that causes other players to call him dirty.

Quinnsanity
12-21-2016, 02:11 AM
Embiid might be Hakeem Olajuwon. But with three-point range. You NEVER trade that player at age 22. There is no reason.

IKnowHoops
12-21-2016, 02:38 AM
Embiid might be Hakeem Olajuwon. But with three-point range. You NEVER trade that player at age 22. There is no reason.

No

PS. I'm not trolling you, i just find your posts very response worthy.

mrblisterdundee
12-21-2016, 03:00 AM
No

PS. I'm not trolling you, i just find your posts very response worthy.

Embiid is still getting used to playing basketball after two years off and only having started the sport in 2011. But he's already looking as good as Karl-Anthony Towns, who's being compared to guys like Garnett and Duncan. So why is it so outlandish to say Embiid has Hakeem potential?
On a per-36 minute basis, Embiid is torching rookie Olajuwon in scoring, blocks and assists, while matching him in rebounding. Olajuwon didn't even shoot any threes, while Embiid is shooting them at a higher percentage than Curry.

Vinylman
12-21-2016, 09:49 AM
I dont recall the timeline but i think Hinkie was still the GM at the deadline last year. I dont care what we get for Noel or Okafor, just find a decent bench piece and a future pick or 2. We have Embiid and Simmons thats all that matters, no one is gonna remember who was traded for what if these 2 take over the league.

He was the GM... it is common knowledge that he had the trade in place and colangelo vetoed it... it is one of the main reasons he left.

TheDish87
12-21-2016, 10:03 AM
He was the GM... it is common knowledge that he had the trade in place and colangelo vetoed it... it is one of the main reasons he left.

Jerry Coangelo was rumored to have stopped it but he is not our GM right now so you saying Brian is an idiot is wrong. No one wants either of them here but Brian has been so far, even good when all things are considered.

Scoots
12-21-2016, 10:19 AM
No one wants either of them here

Are you saying the Sixers ownership had no say in who runs their team?

TheDish87
12-21-2016, 10:44 AM

no. was referring to the fans.

warfelg
12-21-2016, 10:46 AM

I think he's refering to the fans than owners. Owners were very over the moon about Bryan coming in.

Scoots
12-21-2016, 11:20 AM
I think he's refering to the fans than owners. Owners were very over the moon about Bryan coming in.

Okay, but even on that front ... there are plenty of Sixers fans who were tired of Hinkie and ready for a change, let alone casual fans, fans of other teams, and the owners and GMs of other teams :)

Vinylman
12-21-2016, 11:24 AM
Jerry Coangelo was rumored to have stopped it but he is not our GM right now so you saying Brian is an idiot is wrong. No one wants either of them here but Brian has been so far, even good when all things are considered.

I wasn't talking about Colangelo when I said GM ... I was talking about Hinkie...

but as far as Jerry Colangelo... it doesn't matter what the **** his title is ... he is the one making decisions on personnel at that point and probably still now... and he is a dumbass

TheDish87
12-21-2016, 11:57 AM
I wasn't talking about Colangelo when I said GM ... I was talking about Hinkie...

but as far as Jerry Colangelo... it doesn't matter what the **** his title is ... he is the one making decisions on personnel at that point and probably still now... and he is a dumbass

you lost me then dude. going back to that original post i now have no idea what you are talking about. Now Hinkie is an idiot for having a trade possibly blocked?

Vinylman
12-21-2016, 12:39 PM
you lost me then dude. going back to that original post i now have no idea what you are talking about. Now Hinkie is an idiot for having a trade possibly blocked?

focus... Colangelo is and always has been the idiot...

Hinkie was nothing more than a victim of bad circumstances. I actually believed in his process and the fact that he had Noel / Okafor teed up to trade last year is proof.

TheDish87
12-21-2016, 01:18 PM
focus... Colangelo is and always has been the idiot...

Hinkie was nothing more than a victim of bad circumstances. I actually believed in his process and the fact that he had Noel / Okafor teed up to trade last year is proof.

we dont really know what went down last year, its all speculation. Jerry Colangelo sucks balls but Brian has been fine as the GM thus far.