PDA

View Full Version : If you are the Cavs front office, would you trade Love for Cousins right now?

IKnowHoops
12-18-2016, 08:03 PM
2016 - 2017 NBA Season

Demarcus Cousins - 28.1 Pts, 10.9 reb, 3.5 asst, 44.9 FG%, .548 TS%, 26.7 PER, .177 WS48
Kevin Love - 22.2 Pts, 10.7 reb, 1.8 asst, 46.8 FG%, .619 TS%, 25.8 PER, .251 WS48

If your were the GM would you trade K-Love for Demarcus Cousins?

Clint Olbrock
12-18-2016, 08:07 PM
Nope, Love is a perfect fit on the Cavs since Lue took over as head coach.

IKnowHoops
12-18-2016, 08:22 PM
Can Mods add a poll?

ManRam
12-18-2016, 08:28 PM
No, but not because Love is a better player or anything. He's just a much better fit.

ewing
12-18-2016, 08:29 PM
No. love is both a better player and a better fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warfelg
12-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Cleveland should keep Love. He's hit his groove as the 3rd option. Boogie would ***** non-stop about it.

Charlotte should chase Boogie. Kemba and the Boogie would be a good pairing.

ManRam
12-18-2016, 08:48 PM
No. love is both a better player and a better fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...I didn't mean to dismiss Love as being drastically inferior to Cousins. I think they're about equals, but are just such different players. Unless you somehow get good value and ship Tristan off for a rangy-4, it just doesn't make sense.

Hell, I remember getting mocked for suggesting that Love should be on the poll at some point early on in the PSD top-50 Player voting thingy this offseason. Glad people are remembering just how great he can be.

Chronz
12-18-2016, 08:52 PM
Cosigning Better fit and player

Giannis94
12-18-2016, 09:06 PM
Would ruin team chemistry and Cousins comes across as a thug. Him and JR in the same locker room? Dear lord.

LA4life24/8
12-18-2016, 09:09 PM
No. Not now. Love finally looks comfortable he's playing well the cavs are playing well. Much better fit. Boogies probably the better talent but he might hurt chemistry. If it aint broken don't fix it.

Giannis94
12-18-2016, 09:09 PM
I'm a Bucks fan. Not chance in hell I trade Jabari for him

tp13baby
12-18-2016, 09:26 PM
Would ruin team chemistry and Cousins comes across as a thug. Him and JR in the same locker room? Dear lord.

A thug? The dude has attitude but it can be tamed with the right leadership. JR in Cleveland. Kenyon Martin in Denver. Hell Nick Young in LA. Guys getting labeled thugs cause of their personality is ridiculous. They aren't thugs. Just different personality types.

JasonJohnHorn
12-18-2016, 09:34 PM
Hello no.

They got Thompson up front and LBJ for defense and rebounding, and K-Love, whose playing his best basketball since two years before he left Minny, has finally found his sweet spot with this team. These guys are playoff tested champions. You don't break up a team like that for a self-centred, me-first, chemistry-killing player like DMC.

DMC is the guy you take a chance on if your team sucks, has sucked, and will continue to suck and you feel like you might as well take a chance.

He could not only implode that team, but bolt it in free agency.

Love is locked in and knows how to help that team win.

no brainer here.

Giannis94
12-18-2016, 09:38 PM
A thug? The dude has attitude but it can be tamed with the right leadership. JR in Cleveland. Kenyon Martin in Denver. Hell Nick Young in LA. Guys getting labeled thugs cause of their personality is ridiculous. They aren't thugs. Just different personality types.

I'm on mobile so I'll post links tomorrow but sid you not see him confrontong a reporter? Or his previous suspensions?

sjbirds
12-18-2016, 10:38 PM
No. Not now. Love finally looks comfortable he's playing well the cavs are playing well. Much better fit. Boogies probably the better talent but he might hurt chemistry. If it aint broken don't fix it.
Not sure cavs are playing well..aren't they 6-4 last 10

Pfeifer
12-18-2016, 10:44 PM
Cousins is a dick. Overrated player.

Clint Olbrock
12-18-2016, 10:55 PM
Not sure cavs are playing well..aren't they 6-4 last 10

Lol they're 1st in the East......

Scoots
12-18-2016, 11:05 PM
I would do it in a heartbeat. LeBron is enough to change Cousins attitude and release the most skilled big in the game.

He's what, 6 years younger than LeBron, and he has the best chance of being a superstar of anyone not named LeBron on that team.

Miltstar
12-19-2016, 12:32 AM
no, it took Love long enough to get used to playing with Lebron. Adjusting Cousins would probably be equally if not more difficult.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 09:52 AM
no, it took Love long enough to get used to playing with Lebron. Adjusting Cousins would probably be equally if not more difficult.

Would be like Blue Mountain St.

koreancabbage
12-19-2016, 10:15 AM
I'm a Bucks fan. Not chance in hell I trade Jabari for him

because you're scared of his Cousin's mentality? or probably a good chance he won't resign with the Bucks?

because Cousins and GA would probably become one of the best 1-2 combos in the league. and would make them a legit playoff team this year and contender next year with retooling. Jabari and Monroe for Cousins is the most logical choice.

and Jabari's career goes down the drain in Sacramento

Vee-Rex
12-19-2016, 10:15 AM

Agreed.

Edit: Also, Love is on a great contract. Cousins will be demanding big-time money very soon. It's a situation we just want to avoid when things are working great with the guy we have right now.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 11:46 AM
because you're scared of his Cousin's mentality? or probably a good chance he won't resign with the Bucks?

because Cousins and GA would probably become one of the best 1-2 combos in the league. and would make them a legit playoff team this year and contender next year with retooling. Jabari and Monroe for Cousins is the most logical choice.

and Jabari's career goes down the drain in Sacramento

I love the Chemistry that the Bucks have right now, and its not worth messing up even if Jabari only does play offense. I initially had Jabari as a Danny Granger type of player but I believe that he can evolve into more than that.

Maybe "Thug" was not the right term to use in the other thread, but I do not want him on my team despite his immense talent. The Bucks have a young team and need players that play together, stay on the court and get a long. Cousins is the last player I would want (unless he signs as FA or something).

A team that could acquire cousins is one that has not much to lose and already has veteran presence/leadership already established. The Knicks could conceivably deal Melo for him in a 3 way if SAC is willing to rebuild instead of half-assing it.

On November 11, 2012, the league suspended Cousins for two games without pay for confronting San Antonio Spurs color commentator Sean Elliott "in a hostile manner" after he criticized Cousins for attempting to bully Tim Duncan on the court

On December 22, 2012, Cousins was suspended indefinitely from the Kings, who accused him of "unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental to the team."

NBA with 16 Technical Foul infractions, was ejected several times and suspended by both the league and the Kings.

On February 26, 2014, Cousins received a one-game suspension for punching Patrick Beverley in the stomach.

https://twitter.com/JrRap77/status/707798680443731969
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flPFIZw9qJc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erupvVbgn7w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knFIKyt2GrI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPzt_Sclrg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaekbAQBIj8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOPUv9AOLjI

Shaq on DMC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tacYUc3k9o

Miltstar
12-19-2016, 06:15 PM
do you think Cousins would be able to get away with all that in a more properly run organization? I feel like half of it is Cousins being a d half of it is Sacremento's disfunction

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 06:46 PM
do you think Cousins would be able to get away with all that in a more properly run organization? I feel like half of it is Cousins being a d half of it is Sacremento's disfunction

I mean a good team that lacks leadership or a commanding voice, yes. I think Lebron could prpbably corale him, but it may be a situation he wants to avoid. Theres a bunch of teams that he fits on paper but there are very few players that I would trust to put him in his place. Obviously a guy like Pop would. Golden st. has too much chemistry and if they make a deal and it backfires, would be reminiscent of the A's dealing Addison for SP a few years back.

The best fit I see is Portland or Boston if they think Horford and DMC can coexisy, lilely dealing Brown and a Nets pick.

Clint Olbrock
12-19-2016, 07:07 PM
I mean a good team that lacks leadership or a commanding voice, yes. I think Lebron could prpbably corale him, but it may be a situation he wants to avoid. Theres a bunch of teams that he fits on paper but there are very few players that I would trust to put him in his place. Obviously a guy like Pop would. Golden st. has too much chemistry and if they make a deal and it backfires, would be reminiscent of the A's dealing Addison for SP a few years back.

The best fit I see is Portland or Boston if they think Horford and DMC can coexisy, lilely dealing Brown and a Nets pick.
Gotta include more than that to make the trade valid salary wise, first a foremost.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 07:10 PM
Gotta include more than that to make the trade valid salary wise, first a foremost.

Well I was just eyeballing it value wise. As far as value goes, I doubt anyone offers more than that. Essentially trading 2 top 5 picks for DMC.

Clint Olbrock
12-19-2016, 07:32 PM
Well I was just eyeballing it value wise. As far as value goes, I doubt anyone offers more than that. Essentially trading 2 top 5 picks for DMC.

IDK, Kings are dumb man. You could tell them you would give them LeBron and they wouldn't instantly pull the trigger.

DMC is good and they shouldn't settle but they way over value him and have some false sense that he'll be a King lifer.

As I say, he is good but it's never equated to wins for 1 and 2 he has a terrible attitude, both those things take his value down a notch, in my opinion.

Giannis94
12-19-2016, 07:37 PM
IDK, Kings are dumb man. You could tell them you would give them LeBron and they wouldn't instantly pull the trigger.

DMC is good and they shouldn't settle but they way over value him and have some false sense that he'll be a King lifer.

As I say, he is good but it's never equated to wins for 1 and 2 he has a terrible attitude, both those things take his value down a notch, in my opinion.

Agree whole-heartrdly. Look above. Also have other posts in different threads echoing similar sentiments and other users thinking I'm crazy

Quinnsanity
12-19-2016, 11:06 PM
Honestly I probably would. I don't think as currently constructed the Cavs can beat these Warriors. If Draymond doesn't get suspended I'm pretty sure the Dubs win last year's series in five, and that's with an injured Curry. It's just really hard to keep Love and Kyrie on the floor at the same time defensively against a team like the Warriors. I'd rather have Boogie's rim protection than Love's nothing defensively, and as underrated a post up player as Love is he's not close to Boogie. That's an element that the Warriors would really struggle with. I'd probably make this trade and then try to add a follow up of Tristan Thompson for another 3-and-D wing (man those are hard to find though, maybe to Denver for Wilson Chandler?) to make sure there's enough space for everyone. I see the basketball reasons and the personality reasons not to make this deal, but I'm a risk taker.

ldawg
12-20-2016, 12:43 AM
Cousins is a hot head fool. The only way you trade for Cousins if your in win now mode and have vets on the team. Cavs fits bill So hell yes.

IKnowHoops
12-20-2016, 12:47 AM
Honestly I probably would. I don't think as currently constructed the Cavs can beat these Warriors. If Draymond doesn't get suspended I'm pretty sure the Dubs win last year's series in five, and that's with an injured Curry. It's just really hard to keep Love and Kyrie on the floor at the same time defensively against a team like the Warriors. I'd rather have Boogie's rim protection than Love's nothing defensively, and as underrated a post up player as Love is he's not close to Boogie. That's an element that the Warriors would really struggle with. I'd probably make this trade and then try to add a follow up of Tristan Thompson for another 3-and-D wing (man those are hard to find though, maybe to Denver for Wilson Chandler?) to make sure there's enough space for everyone. I see the basketball reasons and the personality reasons not to make this deal, but I'm a risk taker.

Thompson + Love >>>> Cousins + Chandler

Cavs have a grip of guys that do what Tyson Chandler does, i.e. Shump, J.R., R.J. Then they would loose rebounding with that deal as well. As it stands right now, the Cavs are going to be physically stronger inside as is. Switching the current out for Cousins and Chandler makes them weaker inside overall.

Then think of how long it takes to build chemistry.

Love is playing like peak MN Love right now. He is better than he was last year. Mentally and Physically he is clicking.

mavwar53
12-20-2016, 01:07 AM
No, love is a better fit but not better player, both seem pretty poor defensively. Of cousins was way ahead of love defensively then Maybe he'd fit better for the cavs. He has to have the ball is the problem, love will take what's given to him Cousins would throw a fit if he wasn't getting his shots per game

Jeffy25
12-20-2016, 03:01 AM
No

mrblisterdundee
12-20-2016, 03:20 AM
Cousins is the better player, but he doesn't stretch the floor like Love. Cousins could fit well with James and Irving, but Thompson would need to go ironically, for a player more like Love.

PhillyFaninLA
12-20-2016, 06:23 AM
I don't take Cousins for free if I'm the Cavs....I'm not adding him to my team if I have a legit shot at a title. He is too arrogant, selfish, and a headache to be a guy that one of the true elite should ever consider touching.

You don't win titles with people like him, you can get very very close but you cannot win a title with a player like him.

Clint Olbrock
12-20-2016, 08:02 AM
Thompson + Love >>>> Cousins + Chandler

Cavs have a grip of guys that do what Tyson Chandler does, i.e. Shump, J.R., R.J. Then they would lose rebounding with that deal as well. As it stands right now, the Cavs are going to be physically stronger inside as is. Switching the current out for Cousins and Chandler makes them weaker inside overall.

Then think of how long it takes to build chemistry.

Love is playing like peak MN Love right now. He is better than he was last year. Mentally and Physically he is clicking.

Wilson Chandler, not Tyson Chandler. But yeah, your point stands.

IKnowHoops
12-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Wilson Chandler, not Tyson Chandler. But yeah, your point stands.

Yeah thats who I was referring to. If we are talking Tyson and Boogie, I still wouldn't do it, but with Tyson there, rebounding and inside presence dont really go down. But with Wilson in there, our defense and inside presence takes a big hit.

...Oh, I see I wrote Tyson...lol, I was thinking Wilson, when I wrote it, but somehow Tyson came out. Well as you can see, I am comparing "Chandler" to Shump, JR and RJ which would be the "wing" Chandler, not the "center".

Vee-Rex
12-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Chemistry takes a lot of time, man. And that's IF it would work with Cousins. It's not easy to make the kind of sacrifices needed to win with that much talent on one team.

So there's other things to consider besides talent and fit. Contract is a big one.

As a fan, I do NOT wanna deal with the media nonsense anymore. If we made that trade the media would explode. If we lose one game with Cousins everyone will be screaming about how it was a terrible trade. LeBron's tweets would be heavily scrutinized and he'd be blamed for okay'ing or even making the trade.

I'm so glad we don't have to deal with all that anymore. I can enjoy the season.

If you look at a team like Portland you'll see that they're struggling. Lillard and McCollum have called out the team. Yet you barely hear a peep about it in the media, nationally anyway.

But if LeBron hadn't won a ring with the Cavs we'd be all over the news right now. Heavy is the head that wears the crown, I guess.

As a fan, I don't want ANYTHING that comes with a Cousins trade.

FlashBolt
12-21-2016, 01:12 PM
Yes.

1) Love is a threat because of his shooting.
2) Love's defense is okay but he's way too lenient on defense. Allows players to dominate him strictly because he doesn't have the capabilities to defend.
3) Although Love is playing great right now, I don't see him being able to replicate these performances against the Warriors. I don't want to see RJ having to sub in and defend Kevin Durant.

Even though Cousins is a nutcase:

1) Winning changes everything and playing with LeBron can change a player's perspective both on/off the court. I have no doubt in my mind that LeBron would be able to get Cousins to control himself.
2) Cousins physique and ability to score at will is something Cavs will need to beat the Warriors. How do the Warriors stop him AND LeBron AND Kyrie? Draymond's a great defender but he has no answer to stop Cousins other than fouling.
3) Cousins is a better rim protector and defender. Players are more likely to stop attacking the paint with Cousins there than Love.
4) Cousins and Tristan would outrebound every frontcourt. Both are very good offensive rebounders and durable.

I would take the trade. I love how Love has been playing lately but I don't see it replicated against the Warriors.

Scoots
12-21-2016, 02:08 PM
I don't take Cousins for free

There isn't a GM in the league would wouldn't take Cousins for free if offered. Absolutely none.

Wrigheyes4MVP
12-21-2016, 05:44 PM
I probably wouldn't make that trade right now, but Cousins is definitely the better player. If they lose to the Warriors in the Finals this year, I'd revisit this trade though.

nastynice
12-23-2016, 07:20 AM
holy crap, I'm kinda shocked by the replies in here, maybe I been sleeping on the cavs, haven't really watched them, but damn I'm thinking HELL YES I make that trade! Zero doubt in my mind, I understand this groove thing n all, but that's just too much damn talent, you take it.

As a dubs fan who thought we shouldn't give up depth and our c's for durant because it would mess up a beautiful 73 win team that fits perfect, I now watch the warriors and I'm now like yup, you ****in do it, they will figure it out, they will learn how to use each other's strengths. They're just too damn talented not too. These guys aren't one trick ponies, these guys got all around game. Cousins goes to cle, they have an 82 game "practice" schedule (because we all know they're making the playoffs even if one of the big 3 is out every single game) to gel, and get ready for a playoff push.

I mean just think of it, you now have a franchise level talent at C at 26 years old, plus lebron and kyrie, no way in hell I take Love over that. The 26 year old franchise level talent at C is better (raw talent) than your already impressive and developing 24 yr old franchise level talent at PG. Plus lebron, who's career will probably even be extended by Cousins, letting him rest and pace himself much better than he already does

But I don't know, I haven't been watching the cavs and everybody seems to think opposite, so maybe I'm missing something here. Still tho, if you make that trade today, as a franchise moving forward you are just SO much better with cousins, from every angle (outside of IMMEDIATE future), its not even close, I don't see how you don't make that move.

nastynice
12-23-2016, 07:32 AM
I would do it in a heartbeat. LeBron is enough to change Cousins attitude and release the most skilled big in the game.

He's what, 6 years younger than LeBron, and he has the best chance of being a superstar of anyone not named LeBron on that team.

This guy gets it :nod:

cool, me n scoots on the same side! :cheers:

nastynice
12-23-2016, 07:41 AM
Yes.

1) Love is a threat because of his shooting.
2) Love's defense is okay but he's way too lenient on defense. Allows players to dominate him strictly because he doesn't have the capabilities to defend.
3) Although Love is playing great right now, I don't see him being able to replicate these performances against the Warriors. I don't want to see RJ having to sub in and defend Kevin Durant.

Even though Cousins is a nutcase:

1) Winning changes everything and playing with LeBron can change a player's perspective both on/off the court. I have no doubt in my mind that LeBron would be able to get Cousins to control himself.
2) Cousins physique and ability to score at will is something Cavs will need to beat the Warriors. How do the Warriors stop him AND LeBron AND Kyrie? Draymond's a great defender but he has no answer to stop Cousins other than fouling.
3) Cousins is a better rim protector and defender. Players are more likely to stop attacking the paint with Cousins there than Love.
4) Cousins and Tristan would outrebound every frontcourt. Both are very good offensive rebounders and durable.

I would take the trade. I love how Love has been playing lately but I don't see it replicated against the Warriors.

Yup, you get it too. This warriors team is absolutely nasty. If this team makes it to and through the postseason healthy, I don't see how they don't get a ring.

With Cousins on the Cavs, I could see how they don't get a ring.

ewing
12-23-2016, 10:05 AM
This guy gets it :nod:

cool, me n scoots on the same side! :cheers:

No he doesn't. Cousin isn't that good. He is totally ball dominate and he doesn't move without the rock at all. He also clearly has emotional issues. LeBron doesn't make that go away. He makes things easier on players b/c they are asked to do less. Cousins would be a very flawed player and bad teammate in Clev just like he is in Sac. Can't cure stupid.

Vee-Rex
12-23-2016, 11:41 AM
I don't get why people think that adding Cousins would be seamless. It took Kevin Love 2 YEARS to figure out how to fit on this team. If we completely ignore the potential attitude/locker room problems, how long before Cousins fits his actual game in? This isn't NBA 2K, teams need time to figure out how to make it work.

Our championship window depends on 2 things:

1. How long LeBron is good
2. How long LeBron stays a Cavalier

We can't afford to make a trade that may set us back a year or two and if LeBron doesn't approve of the trade then there's no reason to even contemplate it.

JLynn943
12-23-2016, 12:23 PM
No he doesn't. Cousin isn't that good. He is totally ball dominate and he doesn't move without the rock at all. He also clearly has emotional issues. LeBron doesn't make that go away. He makes things easier on players b/c they are asked to do less. Cousins would be a very flawed player and bad teammate in Clev just like he is in Sac. Can't cure stupid.

You sound like you don't watch Cousins much. Is he emotional? Absolutely. However, LeBron would handle him and he'd be winning (which is what he cares about more than anything else in basketball. You put him on a winning team and he's a much happier player. You could see it when Malone coached us).

He also really is that good. He stretches the floor very well, he's dominant in the post, he rebounds well, he's a good passer, and he's a better defender than anyone gives him credit for. You put him on a team with other capable scorers and playmakers, and his negatives will diminish.

JLynn943
12-23-2016, 12:25 PM
The only reason I wouldn't do it as the Cavs is because Love has finally found his place in that team and is playing very well. The Kings would never do that trade though, and I believe the Cavs would if given the opportunity.

nastynice
12-23-2016, 06:32 PM

I don't get why people think that adding Cousins would be seamless. It took Kevin Love 2 YEARS to figure out how to fit on this team. If we completely ignore the potential attitude/locker room problems, how long before Cousins fits his actual game in? This isn't NBA 2K, teams need time to figure out how to make it work.

Our championship window depends on 2 things:

1. How long LeBron is good
2. How long LeBron stays a Cavalier

We can't afford to make a trade that may set us back a year or two and if LeBron doesn't approve of the trade then there's no reason to even contemplate it.

No one said it would be seamless, but at ages 24, 26, and 31, I just don't see how anyone can skip on that trade. I get this whole attitude issue, but at the same time, he is stuck in a **** organization that has made it pretty clear their focus isn't necessarily to get Cousins any help. You got a young talent that's been in the league a half decade, elevated himself to be in the conversation of best C in the league, and hasn't even sniffed the playoffs, and the FO really doesn't see that as an issue. He SHOULD be showing some kinda emotion

The way I see it, its just WAY TOO MUCH talent to not take on and gamble on them figuring it out. With a move like this, all of a sudden lebron's age doesn't matter as much, he can pick and choose his spots as he pleases

Vee-Rex
12-23-2016, 07:33 PM
No one said it would be seamless, but at ages 24, 26, and 31, I just don't see how anyone can skip on that trade. I get this whole attitude issue, but at the same time, he is stuck in a **** organization that has made it pretty clear their focus isn't necessarily to get Cousins any help. You got a young talent that's been in the league a half decade, elevated himself to be in the conversation of best C in the league, and hasn't even sniffed the playoffs, and the FO really doesn't see that as an issue. He SHOULD be showing some kinda emotion

The way I see it, its just WAY TOO MUCH talent to not take on and gamble on them figuring it out. With a move like this, all of a sudden lebron's age doesn't matter as much, he can pick and choose his spots as he pleases

I hear ya. I'm a big fan of DMC myself. It's just tough for me to be okay with making such a huge trade that has risks (even with the high reward potential).

I mean, assuming full health, people are guaranteeing the Cavs another finals appearance (I'm not but most are). We're playing very well despite resting players for like 3 games so far. A 'guaranteed' finals appearance is not generally when you wanna make a blockbuster trade to drastically alter the team especially when the Warriors trip to the finals is arguably not as 'guaranteed'.

I definitely would've pulled the trigger last year, heh. And I'll concede that it's a trade I'd hesitate to decline and have to re-evaluate my position on.

chitownredbulls
12-23-2016, 08:07 PM
**** yes....if i was the cavs, i would....they need to get better to beat the warriors....smh!

BKLYNpigeon
12-23-2016, 11:49 PM
Cavs will trade Love if they don't win the title this year.

nastynice
12-24-2016, 02:20 AM
I hear ya. I'm a big fan of DMC myself. It's just tough for me to be okay with making such a huge trade that has risks (even with the high reward potential).

I mean, assuming full health, people are guaranteeing the Cavs another finals appearance (I'm not but most are). We're playing very well despite resting players for like 3 games so far. A 'guaranteed' finals appearance is not generally when you wanna make a blockbuster trade to drastically alter the team especially when the Warriors trip to the finals is arguably not as 'guaranteed'.

I definitely would've pulled the trigger last year, heh. And I'll concede that it's a trade I'd hesitate to decline and have to re-evaluate my position on.

Yea, but a guaranteed trip to the finals isn't saying much for a lebron lead team in the east. He's pretty much been guaranteed a trip to the finals for almost a decade now.

I guess to me it really comes down to the Warriors. We're clearly on another level than anyone else, or at least our potential is. Getting DMC would IMO put the cavs on that same level.

SportsFanatic10
12-24-2016, 02:27 AM
Is Cousins probably slightly more talented...Yes, but his personality suggests he'd have a hard time filling the role Love is playing for the Cavs. And Love is just the better on the court fit with his superior floor spacing ability. So no you don't fix what isn't broken. Especially when the seemingly inevitable finals showdown will likely be largely a 3pt competition against the Warriors.

IKnowHoops
12-24-2016, 03:13 AM
Yea, but a guaranteed trip to the finals isn't saying much for a lebron lead team in the east. He's pretty much been guaranteed a trip to the finals for almost a decade now.

I guess to me it really comes down to the Warriors. We're clearly on another level than anyone else, or at least our potential is. Getting DMC would IMO put the cavs on that same level.

Does Lebron reach GOAT with 10 straight finals Appearances + 5 rings + All-time leading scorer in Playoffs + All-time leading scorer in the regular season?

nastynice
12-24-2016, 03:59 AM
I don't know what lebron reaches with what, all I know is he is an absolute beast, and he's only 31, he can still keep going. Give him DMC and they may not click right away, maybe not this year, but starting next year you now guarantee what, 6 more runs at this thing, barring injury, with three certified franchise players.

Giannis94
12-24-2016, 10:44 AM
I don't know what lebron reaches with what, all I know is he is an absolute beast, and he's only 31, he can still keep going. Give him DMC and they may not click right away, maybe not this year, but starting next year you now guarantee what, 6 more runs at this thing, barring injury, with three certified franchise players.

There will be chemistry issues. It took what, 1 and 1/2 season for him and love to click?

GoferKing_
12-24-2016, 11:20 AM
Damn IKnowHoops is obsessed about Cousins.

IKnowHoops
12-24-2016, 12:08 PM

Damn GoferKing is obsessed with Iknowhoops

BlueandWhite
12-24-2016, 12:09 PM

If DMC is as good as everyone seems to think....why would the kings trade him for Kevin Love?

Kevin Love is not a number one guy, he is certainly not a game changer. He is a great player, and a great complimentary guy, but will not turn that franchise around.

I feel like they would need a package deal for DMC. Youth, Picks, Prospects, and maybe valuable contracts for flexibility.

So the real question should be, would you trade Cousins for Love right now? me? no way.

LoveCaliFan
12-24-2016, 12:42 PM
McRae, Love, Thompson, 1st, 2nd for Cousins, Gay, Koufos

Irving/ Felder
Shumpert/ McLemore/ Jones
Gay/ Smith/ Dunleavy
James/ Frye/ Jefferson
Cousins/ Koufos/ Anderson

Collison/ Lawson/ (1st)
Temple/ Afflalo/ McRae/ (2nd)
Casspi/ Barnes/ Richardson
Love/ Tolliver/ Labissiere
Thompson/ WCS/ Papagiannis

Imo, SAC should not want to trade with CLE.

GoferKing_
12-25-2016, 04:56 AM
If DMC is as good as everyone seems to think....why would the kings trade him for Kevin Love?

Kevin Love is not a number one guy, he is certainly not a game changer. He is a great player, and a great complimentary guy, but will not turn that franchise around.

I feel like they would need a package deal for DMC. Youth, Picks, Prospects, and maybe valuable contracts for flexibility.

So the real question should be, would you trade Cousins for Love right now? me? no way.

Exactly. :clap:

GoferKing_
12-25-2016, 04:58 AM
Whatever. :D

AIRMAR72
12-27-2016, 01:41 AM
2016 - 2017 NBA Season

Demarcus Cousins - 28.1 Pts, 10.9 reb, 3.5 asst, 44.9 FG%, .548 TS%, 26.7 PER, .177 WS48
Kevin Love - 22.2 Pts, 10.7 reb, 1.8 asst, 46.8 FG%, .619 TS%, 25.8 PER, .251 WS48

If your were the GM would you trade K-Love for Demarcus Cousins?

Trade love you get more inreturn plus Thompson fits coach lue needs in his system

nastynice
12-27-2016, 06:59 AM
**** it, who knows, maybe I'm wrong, Cavs did their thing

FlashBolt
12-27-2016, 05:09 PM
The toughest part of the adjustment would be that Cousins has a terrible temper. Other than that, he's always about winning. Winning changes everything and right now, can you blame him? The Kings assembled the Suicide Squad for him to play with. There's just a bunch of trashcan players who have zero clue how to work as a team. Cousins needs a leader and LeBron can be that player on a team. Let's face it: Cleveland Cavs will probably go to five straight NBA Finals at this point. Warriors are probably going to be the best team in the West for years as well. Cavs vs Warriors for five straight years? Let's see...

Cousins
Thompson
LeBron
J.R.
Irving

Warriors have ZERO options to stop that. Cleveland would have the three best rebounders in the game, insane post presence (Draymond can't stop Cousins unless he's fouling him and Zaza/McGee will be cake for Cousins). With those two guys (Cousins+Thompson) in the paint, there is no way Warriors can prevent Cavs rebounding. And don't forget that Cousins is a better defender than Love, too. Maybe not by much but his big body and ability to block shots is higher than Love. He can also dunk. Yeah, maybe it doesn't say much but you don't know how many easy buckets Love misses because he has to hit the backboard due to his ineffectiveness at dunking the ball.

All-in-all, Cavs will lose Love's three point shooting but Frye has done a great job in being that shooter for the Cavs. A Cousins+Frye lineup wouldn't be that bad at all. In fact, how do you STOP that? Right now, Tristan is at the paint whenever Love is standing by the three pointer. Thompson can't score unless he's getting a lob or a pick-and-roll. Cousins can and will score against anyone. There is not a single player who can stop Cousins 1v1. If you think about it, Cousins has also been a much improved shooter. He's ranked one of the highest for a center shooting more than two threes per game.. and he's shooting close to five!