PDA

View Full Version : Second best player in the East

Giannis94
12-18-2016, 11:48 AM
Fair question IMO. The West has a rather defined group of stars (Davis, Kawhi, Durant- in no specfic order) behind Curry but the East is different as there is probably 5-6 budding stars you could make the argument for.

Giannis94
12-18-2016, 11:56 AM
if I forgot anyone my bad. I was contemplating Whiteside/Drummond/DH12/IT but ultimately left them out

ClutchTime
12-18-2016, 12:09 PM
I can make an argument for PG13

Giannis94
12-18-2016, 12:14 PM
I can make an argument for PG13

Its unfortunate the Pacers team is *** outside of him and Turner. #2016OffseasonWinners

warfelg
12-18-2016, 12:26 PM
PG13 gets a good run. So does DeRozen.

Giannis94
12-18-2016, 12:31 PM
accidentally hit multiple poll options isntead of "make votes public"

can a mod fix that or no?

Vee-Rex
12-18-2016, 12:54 PM
Best year so far would be between Giannis and Butler and Lowry would definitely be on the list as well in that scenario.

But player? After careful consideration I think I'd hand it over to Butler (over Giannis and George). I just need more than 25 games from Giannis but man does he make it hard to pick someone over him. Is it a case of me believing Giannis is the 2nd best in the East but not feeling comfortable saying it with no good playoff numbers and longevity? Perhaps.

I mean, I'm better than my uncle in Backgammon but that doesn't mean he can't string some wins together against me. But if he does it long enough and convincing enough I'd have to wonder. Where is that line with Giannis?

Giannis94
12-18-2016, 12:57 PM
Best year so far would be between Giannis and Butler and Lowry would definitely be on the list as well in that scenario.

But player? After careful consideration I think I'd hand it over to Butler (over Giannis and George). I just need more than 25 games from Giannis but man does he make it hard to pick someone over him. Is it a case of me believing Giannis is the 2nd best in the East but not feeling comfortable saying it with no good playoff numbers and longevity? Perhaps.

I mean, I'm better than my uncle in Backgammon but that doesn't mean he can't string some wins together against me. But if he does it long enough and convincing enough I'd have to wonder. Where is that line with Giannis?

Butler had a down week or so. I want to see if that continues, if hes in a funk or what. Lack if supporting cast hurts.

Giannis is still only 22. To put things into perspective, he would be an 8th grader while Butler would be in his first year of college.

Vee-Rex
12-18-2016, 01:02 PM
Butler had a down week or so. I want to see if that continues, if hes in a funk or what. Lack if supporting cast hurts.

Giannis is still only 22. To put things into perspective, he would be an 8th grader while Butler would be in his first year of college.

Giannis is RAPIDLY changing people's minds, that's for sure. I predicted he would have a huge year but he is exceeding my expectations so far. His efficiency is great and to be able to do it without a great jump shot is impressive.

I think post all-star break more people will be calling him the 2nd best in the east.

Vee-Rex
12-18-2016, 01:07 PM
PG13 gets a good run. So does DeRozen.

PG13 has that IT factor. He's got that assassin mindset. He shines in the playoffs on both sides of the ball.

I fully believe DeRozan has taken a step up (compared to last year) and it started in the ECF. I saw that we couldn't stop him but at the time I wasn't sure if he was just hot. Now, I think he's proving that he's actually better.

Miltstar
12-18-2016, 02:23 PM
I know you want us to say Giannis, but the answer right now is a guy you left off the poll... Kyle Lowry. His efficiency and awareness are on another level this year. His numbers don't give him enough credit for everything he does on the court.

Giannis is the most talented, but he still needs some polish before I'm ready to annoint him

warfelg
12-18-2016, 02:33 PM
I know you want us to say Giannis, but the answer right now is a guy you left off the poll... Kyle Lowry. His efficiency and awareness are on another level this year. His numbers don't give him enough credit for everything he does on the court.

Giannis is the most talented, but he still needs some polish before I'm ready to annoint him

I like DeMarr DeRozen a little more because he did this stuff started in the playoffs, and carried it through to the start of a new contract.

Giannis94
12-18-2016, 02:45 PM

Lol lemme guess- you also believe that Russia created this poll, too?

warfelg
12-18-2016, 02:54 PM
I'm honestly shocked this wasn't a 10 selection poll with 9 somehow being a Giannis name or nickname.

Giannis94
12-18-2016, 03:00 PM
I'm honestly shocked this wasn't a 10 selection poll with 9 somehow being a Giannis name or nickname.

True superstars only go by 1 name. Otherwise I would have.

aman_13
12-18-2016, 03:21 PM
Fair question IMO. The West has a rather defined group of stars (Davis, Kawhi, Durant- in no specfic order) behind Curry but the East is different as there is probably 5-6 budding stars you could make the argument for.

Hunting for another Giannis endorsement eh.

Giannis94
12-18-2016, 03:26 PM
Hunting for another Giannis endorsement eh.
? He'll get his national endorsements in due time

aman_13
12-18-2016, 03:31 PM
Hasn't he already?

Giannis94
12-18-2016, 03:36 PM
Hasn't he already?

Not sure to be honest? I mean I haven't seen him on national TV commericials much but I don't really watch much other than Bucks games, MLB Network and NFL prime time games.

aman_13
12-18-2016, 03:41 PM
Not sure to be honest? I mean I haven't seen him on national TV commericials much but I don't really watch much other than Bucks games, MLB Network and NFL prime time games.

I didn't mean endorsement in that way. I was referring to name recognition. I been hearing his name a lot recently.

aman_13
12-18-2016, 03:45 PM
Lowry is having a monster season. It would be awesome if Lowry and DeRozan both start in the ASG.

I'm guessing Irving will start though.

GodsSon
12-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Paul George.

Porzingis will make a case as early as next season.

Edit: forgot about Giannis lol

Miltstar
12-18-2016, 11:17 PM
I like DeMarr DeRozen a little more because he did this stuff started in the playoffs, and carried it through to the start of a new contract.

I flip flop on who's better all the time, they are pretty close, but if Lowry can keep shooting 45% on seven 3's a game he can keep my vote

Romeo Naes
12-19-2016, 03:06 AM
Got to go with Uncle Drew.