PDA

View Full Version : Teams With the Least Long Term Hope?

Quinnsanity
12-17-2016, 11:19 PM
Which teams have the least going for them, whether it's now or in the future? I've got Orlando and Brooklyn as the clear bottom two. Just see absolutely no path to contention for them in the near-ish future. Sacramento is next, but at least they have Boogie and might be able to kickstart a rebuild with him. Dallas doesn't have much but they could have the best odds at the No. 1 pick so that's something at least. Who else?

Aust
12-17-2016, 11:24 PM
Washington?

Giannis94
12-17-2016, 11:26 PM
As long as Chicago has Paxton and Garr running ship, then them.

Quinnsanity
12-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Washington?

Washington is a sneaky good answer. They have zero avenues towards improvement around Wall (they're capped out, have no juicy picks incoming, have no good trade assets) so the likeliest scenario is that they end up eventually trading Wall or losing him to FA and having to start over. Knowing how stubborn that organization is, they're gonna wait it out with Wall and lose him for nothing rather than trade him.

Quinnsanity
12-19-2016, 10:26 PM
As long as Chicago has Paxton and Garr running ship, then them.

I think with Jimmy playing the way he is and max cap space coming they'll be able to do something. Worst case I think they at least get meetings with Boogie, Russ and Paul George in 2018. Who knows if they'll be able to seal the deal but they'll be in the discussion.

Scoots
12-19-2016, 10:51 PM
How is it not the Nets, the Nets, and the Nets?

Quinnsanity
12-19-2016, 10:56 PM

Nets are obviously first. Doesn't mean there aren't other teams lacking long term hope.

tp13baby
12-19-2016, 11:10 PM
Nets are obviously first. Doesn't mean there aren't other teams lacking long term hope.
Least they have money to spend. I like the Washington one. Still think it's Sacramento.

Giannis94
12-20-2016, 12:02 AM
I think with Jimmy playing the way he is and max cap space coming they'll be able to do something. Worst case I think they at least get meetings with Boogie, Russ and Paul George in 2018. Who knows if they'll be able to seal the deal but they'll be in the discussion.

Bucks will have a better shot on all 3 than CHI. Middleton, GiannistheGoat and Parker>>>>>>>Butler. Child puhlease.

mavwar53
12-20-2016, 01:14 AM
Kings, what do they have other than Cousins, and we all know that's going nowhere.

Mavs
Nuggets
Nets
Hornets (good team no chance of winning it all anytime soon)

Quinnsanity
12-20-2016, 01:40 AM
Bucks will have a better shot on all 3 than CHI. Middleton, GiannistheGoat and Parker>>>>>>>Butler. Child puhlease.

Where is this insane Bucks homerism coming from recently Brewer? Bucks are capped out for the foreseeable future, and that's before a Jabari extension. In any case the Spurs, Lakers and Wolves are at the front of the 2018 FA line imo. In fact that needs a thread.

Quinnsanity
12-20-2016, 01:41 AM
Kings, what do they have other than Cousins, and we all know that's going nowhere.

Mavs
Nuggets
Nets
Hornets (good team no chance of winning it all anytime soon)

I guess Hornets depends on your philosophical bend. Is your goal competing for a championship? Because they never will. But if you're cool with being the mid 2000's Hawks they're right on track. That has value to a small market team.

Vampirate
12-20-2016, 10:57 AM

Honestly the question should be asked which FO do you think is the least competent in the league.

Even without their picks if you think the Nets GM is way better than Billy King then the answer might not be the Nets.

warfelg
12-20-2016, 10:59 AM
Where is this insane Bucks homerism coming from recently Brewer? Bucks are capped out for the foreseeable future, and that's before a Jabari extension. In any case the Spurs, Lakers and Wolves are at the front of the 2018 FA line imo. In fact that needs a thread.

Add the Sixers to that 2018 list.

Also you gonna do the NFL mock this year Q? There's a new draft twist.

Scoots
12-20-2016, 01:48 PM
Add the Sixers to that 2018 list.

Also you gonna do the NFL mock this year Q? There's a new draft twist.

I don't think the Sixers have earned that destination title yet.

Besides, we all know where the top two free agents are signing already. :)

Vinylman
12-20-2016, 02:17 PM
Honestly the question should be asked which FO do you think is the least competent in the league.

Even without their picks if you think the Nets GM is way better than Billy King then the answer might not be the Nets.

Pretty much this... I will take Marks 100/100 over Vlade ...

The question should be bleakest future and that definitely is the Sacto Kings...

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 02:49 PM
Nets. There is a decent gap before the next group of teams like Orlando and Sac

Giannis94
12-20-2016, 02:59 PM

The question should be bleakest future and that definitely is the Sacto Kings...

76ers don't like being left out of the conversation. Expect them to look to trade Embiid and Simmons for future picks in the coming days.

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 03:09 PM
76ers don't like being left out of the conversation. Expect them to look to trade Embiid and Simmons for future picks in the coming days.

word.

Scoots
12-20-2016, 04:29 PM

I'd take that a little further ... I believe the true future of a team is determined by the owner and at least the Nets may have a new owner before the Kings and Wizards. So maybe the Nets should have hope afterall ... hope that they get a new owner sooner than later.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-20-2016, 04:48 PM
Just what they need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk