12-17-2016, 09:48 PM
He clearly hunts for these stats.

Giannis94
12-17-2016, 10:26 PM
Best player in the game consideration?

Nah. He doesn't meet the top qualification: 1. Must have super stars around him

Bostonjorge
12-18-2016, 02:32 AM
Westbrook was the best player in the league last year. This year he's proving it one record at a time.

tredigs
12-18-2016, 02:42 AM
He's certainly trying the hardest. Best player in the league? Lmfao. Oh yeah, top teams weep at Westbrooks presence. Watch out Warriors.

Sadds The Gr8
12-18-2016, 04:58 AM
Best player in the game consideration?

nah

PurpleLynch
12-18-2016, 08:20 AM
He's certainly trying the hardest. Best player in the league? Lmfao. Oh yeah, top teams weep at Westbrooks presence. Watch out Warriors.

Easy being arrogant towards Westbrook when your team got a top 5 PG,SG,SF and PF in the starting lineup,let alone the strong bench. Granted,he's not the best player right now in the Nba imo,but he's in the conversation anyway.

tredigs
12-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Easy being arrogant towards Westbrook when your team got a top 5 PG,SG,SF and PF in the starting lineup,let alone the strong bench. Granted,he's not the best player right now in the Nba imo,but he's in the conversation anyway.

Forget the Warriors. Better than Lebron? Come on man. I know the numbers are huge but come on.

Vee-Rex
12-18-2016, 12:17 PM

I think he's in the conversation for MVP. If you wanna tell me that Westbrook is your MVP choice I won't argue against you (mine is Harden).

But the "best player" title comes with much more than just box stats. In 1991 if you were to put MJ on a team that was good enough to lower his box stats and if Drexler was on a weak team to inflate his numbers, I guarantee every soul on the planet would prefer to have MJ instead.

No one sane would rather have Westbrook on their team instead of LeBron, Durant, or Curry. There really is no argument - Westbrook is not the best player in the world despite absurd (and inefficient) box stats.

Vee-Rex
12-18-2016, 12:23 PM
Also, I love triple doubles... but the glow and mania surrounding them is rather arbitrary. 24/10/10 is NOT better than 35/10/9 and it's only negligibly better than 24/10/9.

PowerHouse
12-18-2016, 12:51 PM

What does this even mean?

Were the 60s Celtics worried about facing Wilt? Were the 80s Lakers/Celtics/Pistons shaking in their boots to face Jordan? I don't personally vote for Russ to be best in the league but its best player not best team.

tredigs
12-18-2016, 01:00 PM
What does this even mean?

Were the 60s Celtics worried about facing Wilt? Were the 80s Lakers/Celtics/Pistons shaking in their boots to face Jordan? I don't personally vote for Russ to be best in the league but its best player not best team.

I was drinking, I don't even know exactly what I meant by that haha. My real point is in my LBJ comment, and I would echo exactly what Vee-Rex is saying (and I'd add Harden to your list). I applaud his combination of unbelievable hustle coupled with the skill to pull this off (and gameplan to get him extra rebounds off of defensive boards that would normally go to bigs), but it's just silly that this historically high Usage and subsequent triple-doubles could fool people into thinking he's the games alpha. It's just not the case in any form.

GodsSon
12-18-2016, 04:11 PM
He'll have a quad-double by the end of season.

IKnowHoops
12-19-2016, 03:21 AM
Lebron is easily the better player. There is no argument for Russ based on all the facts.

KG2TB
12-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Best player in the game? No. But I've preferred him over Durant for a couple seasons now.

hugepatsfan
12-19-2016, 02:11 PM
Lebron is easily the better player. There is no argument for Russ based on all the facts.

Lebron is a unique case in the "best player" discussion because he no longer is over a full season but he is in spurts. He can't maintain the level of play of a Westbrook over a full season. Not at this stage of his career. But he's still the best if you have a series to win.