PDA

View Full Version : Nerlens Noel: "I don't care where, I don't really care, I need to be on the court..."

NYKnickFanatic
12-17-2016, 02:07 PM
I don't care where, I don't really care, I need to be on the court playing basketball" ... "They need to figure this **** out. **** outta here.
-Nerlens Noel

https://streamable.com/b26bf

Think he gets traded anytime soon? If so, where to?

warfelg
12-17-2016, 02:09 PM
I doubt it. Bryan Colangelo is a dip ****.

D-Leethal
12-17-2016, 02:16 PM
Trust the process!

Giannis94
12-17-2016, 02:31 PM
Well if you can't get on the floor with the makeshift roster the 76ers toss out there, then there probably is a bigger issue here.

basketballkitty
12-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Noel's public complaining & whining is unacceptable. However he is a very good player and a difference maker. But ONLY at the Center position. And no matter what Brown thinks..Noel cannot play at PF or anywhere else. He is a Center period., as a fan I do not wanna see Noel given away. So if no real offers come...I say flat out Bench him, or try and trade Okafor, and just give Noel back-up Center minutes. Then match whatever offer he gets in the off season. That way we will have more leverage on a trade cause Noel will be locked into a new deal.

ewing
12-17-2016, 03:11 PM
doesn't he know that in 15 to 20 years the sixers are going to be awesome.

warfelg
12-17-2016, 03:23 PM
Personally I'm going to embrace the here and now. Embiid is a fun guy to watch. Ilysova has done some nice things, even if his pump fake is ugly as hell. Saric is having his moments, but the Euro to NBA jump is having it's expected lumps, and is likely a 12-15/4-6/4-6 player for his career. Toni Kukoc numbers there. El Chaco isn't a long term piece but as been so much fun to watch at times.

I'm embracing the now because this team is more fun to watch now than the last 4 years.

warfelg
12-17-2016, 03:24 PM
Also...Noel isn't saying anything 99% of NBA fans didn't know.

ewing
12-17-2016, 03:26 PM
Personally I'm going to embrace the here and now. Embiid is a fun guy to watch. Ilysova has done some nice things, even if his pump fake is ugly as hell. Saric is having his moments, but the Euro to NBA jump is having it's expected lumps, and is likely a 12-15/4-6/4-6 player for his career. Toni Kukoc numbers there. El Chaco isn't a long term piece but as been so much fun to watch at times.

I'm embracing the now because this team is more fun to watch now than the last 4 years.

Good for you. This post almost makes me feel bad for making fun of you guys.

warfelg
12-17-2016, 03:30 PM
Good for you. This post almost makes me feel bad for making fun of you guys.

We just had 3.5 years of "In 8 years...", "In 7 years..." ect. **** that. I'm tired of it and just want to enjoy the fact that we do have some fun guys on this team who do exciting things. Would I ultimately love to run the NBA with this core, yea who doesn't? But it's time to realize that we need to just have fun and be thankful that Embiid is on the court, Saric came over, Simmons will return soon, and we actually signed NBA players this offseason.

Aust
12-17-2016, 03:38 PM
Always been a fan. Would love if we could make some roster moves and acquire him.

Vee-Rex
12-17-2016, 03:47 PM
I would love to have him especially with Birdman being done for the year (and most likely his career). But we probably don't have the best assets to offer Philly and we'd most likely want to avoid the contract situation.

D-Leethal
12-17-2016, 03:51 PM
What is unacceptable is leaving all three great young prospects that play the same position on the roster while starting Sergio Rodriguez at PG. Noel is saying what needs to be said - trade him and Okafor, collect young talent at positions of need, build around Embiid and Simmons + acquired talent. There is no excuse for holding all three of those young guys hostage on the same roster. Especially as a guy like Noel is approaching first-big-contract time.

tredigs
12-17-2016, 03:52 PM
Also...Noel isn't saying anything 99% of NBA fans didn't know.

Dude he's played 2 games this season and in his first game back he reinjured himself. He needs to prove he can stay on the court right now before he goes off running his mouth to the media. Just a complete amateur move. This team needs some vets to put the young guns in check. Play 2 games straight before you go off *****ing?

Scoots
12-17-2016, 03:58 PM
The Warriors will send some scrubs on minimum contracts and some 2nd round picks for him (they don't have a first next year so their first tradeable would be 2019 and they probably won't be able to re-sign Noel anyhow) :)

D-Leethal
12-17-2016, 03:59 PM
doesn't he know that in 15 to 20 years the sixers are going to be awesome.

:laugh:

warfelg
12-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Dude he's played 2 games this season and in his first game back he reinjured himself. He needs to prove he can stay on the court right now before he goes off running his mouth to the media. Just a complete amateur move. This team needs some vets to put the young guns in check. Play 2 games straight before you go off *****ing?

As opposed to a really good defensive rookie year, being moved to the 4 without complaining, being held out when healthy as a rookie? Yea he hasn't sacrificed at all for this team to earn the right to say that.

warfelg
12-17-2016, 04:03 PM
What is unacceptable is leaving all three great young prospects that play the same position on the roster while starting Sergio Rodriguez at PG. Noel is saying what needs to be said - trade him and Okafor, collect young talent at positions of need, build around Embiid and Simmons + acquired talent. There is no excuse for holding all three of those young guys hostage on the same roster. Especially as a guy like Noel is approaching first-big-contract time.

Blame Jerry Colangelo.

We had a deal lined up that centered around Okafor for the BKLN pick and Colangelo told Hinkie he couldn't do it because "Okafor is too good to trade away."

Frankly this is what annoys some of us Sixers fans. We were forced to have Colangelo because the NBA decided they needed to step in. Then we get a trade lines up that takes care of some of this and starts to point us in a direction. Then the guy the NBA FORCED US TO HAVE refuses to OK a trade that would make everything work out.

Imagine if we ended up with that BKLN pick, and Hinkie still here. Even without those other moves we would have a core of:
Simmons, Embiid, Noel, Brown, Saric. That's balanced at starts to look like something.

IndyRealist
12-17-2016, 04:13 PM
Current NBA trade rumors are pointing toward a deal between the Philadelphia 76ers and Portland Trail Blazers. The rumored trade scenario would see Evan Turner and a first-round draft pick (the 2018 selection that originally belonged to the Cleveland Cavaliers) going to the Sixers. In return, the Trail Blazers would receive Nerlens Noel and point guard Sergio Rodriguez.
http://www.inquisitr.com/3800465/nba-trade-rumors-noel-blazers-turner-76ers/

Sounds like a sh** deal for Philly to me.

warfelg
12-17-2016, 04:18 PM
http://www.inquisitr.com/3800465/nba-trade-rumors-noel-blazers-turner-76ers/

Sounds like a sh** deal for Philly to me.

It's a ****ing inquisitr story.

They site:
1) Portland needs a big
2) Philly has too many bigs
3) Brett Brown complimented ET once while he coached him
4) NBA trade machine saying it's a legal trade

basketballkitty
12-17-2016, 04:23 PM
There is ZERO chance of Philly ever wanting Evan Turner back. He was the very definition of a Cancer.

IndyRealist
12-17-2016, 04:31 PM
It's a ****ing inquisitr story.

They site:
1) Portland needs a big
2) Philly has too many bigs
3) Brett Brown complimented ET once while he coached him
4) NBA trade machine saying it's a legal trade

I figured as much, but I posted it bc they said "current trade rumors" and not "we think this would be a really good deal".

warfelg
12-17-2016, 04:35 PM
I figured as much, but I posted it bc they said "current trade rumors" and not "we think this would be a really good deal".

They do that with every story though...

Bruno
12-17-2016, 04:41 PM
trade the lad, this is getting ridiculous.

this IS the great sin of the process. not tanking, not losing, not even the fear of developing a losing culture. It's the hoarding of clashable best value available assets and preventing young players from spreading their wings when theyre ready.

there are a lot of teams who need trades. not just like oh a trade would be nice- no they NEED a trade. too bad Zach Lowe or some other writer doesn't make a 3k word article proposing a ten team trade of the decade that would fix all this ridiculous asset accumulation going on in places such as Phili, Orlando and Phoenix.

Rhino
12-17-2016, 04:43 PM
What sacrifices are you referring too...the young mans getting paid real money right...sacrifices. He should be thankful he has this cush job to sit on the bench at every other night. There are plenty of young men who would give everything to be in his position. How hard is it to sit there and be happy with what you have and when you're given your shot you take it and prove ON the court by your play how valuable you are to the city and the team instead of running your mouth and creating more of a distraction.

warfelg
12-17-2016, 04:44 PM
trade the lad, this is getting ridiculous.

this IS the great sin of the process. not tanking, not losing, not even the fear of developing a losing culture. It's the hoarding of clashable best value available assets and preventing young players from spreading their wings when theyre ready..

I argued that when we took Okafor over Porzingas or Mudiay and I was told that I didn't know what I was talking about.

Bruno
12-17-2016, 04:46 PM
Always been a fan. Would love if we could make some roster moves and acquire him.

not that it makes any sense for Phili, but I'd rather than Noel than Randle. Russell and Ingram should be the ball handlers and our defense is trash. I like Randle, i just hate his profile.

warfelg
12-17-2016, 04:49 PM
not that it makes any sense for Phili, but I'd rather than Noel than Randle. Russell and Ingram should be the ball handlers and our defense is trash. I like Randle, i just hate his profile.

If there was a 3rd team to move Randle to I think it could be worked out.

Bruno
12-17-2016, 04:51 PM
I argued that when we took Okafor over Porzingas or Mudiay and I was told that I didn't know what I was talking about.

none of us know what were talking about, until were proven right enough times to be unchallenged.

a Laker fan and Phili fan walk into a bar...

I didn't hate the pick until 16 months passed by and all three guys are still rostered, PLUS Saric. I only hate the pick now because they some how haven't been able to get decent value for Okafor or Noel. Phili refuses to be bent over by Ainge, thats why this is taking so long. Ainge has all the leverage and everyone knows it, that SOB.

Bruno
12-17-2016, 04:54 PM
If there was a 3rd team to move Randle to I think it could be worked out.

I dont think the Lakers are interested in accepting the reality that Randle is talented but makes no sense in the context of the rest of our core. they might really think that Zubac in the next Gasol and that Randles questionable build profile will be forgiven like Marc forgives Z-BO. I dont even think the Lakers are interested, but they should be.

Pfeifer
12-17-2016, 04:57 PM
Would fit perfect in Toronto.

Bruno
12-17-2016, 05:03 PM
Would fit perfect in Toronto.

Ibaka or Noel in Toronto would make anti Cleveland to the finals bets so juicy.

warfelg
12-17-2016, 05:05 PM
none of us know what were talking about, until were proven right enough times to be unchallenged.

a Laker fan and Phili fan walk into a bar...

I didn't hate the pick until 16 months passed by and all three guys are still rostered, PLUS Saric. I only hate the pick now because they some how haven't been able to get decent value for Okafor or Noel. Phili refuses to be bent over by Ainge, thats why this is taking so long. Ainge has all the leverage and everyone knows it, that SOB.

Well I said at the time (and you can check our Sixers sub from that draft) that unless a draft night trade happened, the value was only going to decline. And that's exactly what happened.

basketballkitty
12-17-2016, 05:08 PM
At this point I would be down for a Noel to Toronto for Terrence Ross and Lucas Nogueira.

Bruno
12-17-2016, 05:09 PM
Well I said at the time (and you can check our Sixers sub from that draft) that unless a draft night trade happened, the value was only going to decline. And that's exactly what happened.

you were right.

are those in the front office willing to admit that Okafor has lost more value in the 16 months since draft than the original value gap between Okafor and player x at the time of the draft.

Kris skews the question, but even Muiday. Lets say Muiday. thats an interesting debate.

Bruno
12-17-2016, 05:11 PM
I know were all here to bash Phili management, but nobody has been worse than Orlando. they lost Oladipo and Harris for nothing and are still horrendous. At least Phili still has their assets haha.

I heard that Orlando is such a mess because their owner and GM are clashing in philosophy. makes sense, only an organization that isn't in agreement could put together such a horrendous clashing roster.

ewing
12-17-2016, 05:36 PM
What sacrifices are you referring too...the young mans getting paid real money right...sacrifices. He should be thankful he has this cush job to sit on the bench at every other night. There are plenty of young men who would give everything to be in his position. How hard is it to sit there and be happy with what you have and when you're given your shot you take it and prove ON the court by your play how valuable you are to the city and the team instead of running your mouth and creating more of a distraction.

Normally i'm with ya but if he was asked to sit when he was healthy he has every right to give a big FU to sixer's mgt.

D-Leethal
12-17-2016, 05:47 PM
I think Noel's thing is - the whole world knows the three of them can't play together. ****ing do something about it! Loads of teams would give sweet offers for Okafor and Noel in a heartbeat. Stop sitting on your hands Philly.

basketballkitty
12-17-2016, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=D-Leethal;31355556]! Loads of teams would give sweet offers for Okafor and Noel

Well apparently not. Otherwise one, or both would be gone.

LanceUpperCut
12-17-2016, 05:54 PM
At this point I would be down for a Noel to Toronto for Terrence Ross and Lucas Nogueira.

Raps won't do that. Ross has made a big leap this year and is shooting the lights out. Plus he's on a good deal for 2 more seasons.

I actually asked one of the main beat writers for the Raps today what they would give up for Noel and he just said they aren't interested in him at all.

warfelg
12-17-2016, 05:57 PM
I think Noel's thing is - the whole world knows the three of them can't play together. ****ing do something about it! Loads of teams would give sweet offers for Okafor and Noel in a heartbeat. Stop sitting on your hands Philly.

Kitty is right on about that. If there was a sweet deal something would be done.

If there is and they aren't, frankly Silver should take the team away from Harris and co.

basketballkitty
12-17-2016, 06:02 PM
Raps won't do that. Ross has made a big leap this year and is shooting the lights out. Plus he's on a good deal for 2 more seasons.

I actually asked one of the main beat writers for the Raps today what they would give up for Noel and he just said they aren't interested in him at all.

Well that statement goes against what WoJo and Sam Amico reported on..they both reported that Toronto was extremely interested in Noel.

D-Leethal
12-17-2016, 06:10 PM
Kitty is right on about that. If there was a sweet deal something would be done.

If there is and they aren't, frankly Silver should take the team away from Harris and co.

Is there any reports that they have been heavily shopping those guys to no avail or you are just assuming they have been and since there is no chatter, there are no deals to be made?

I will concede that, both Noel and Okafor have lost a ton of value since last year prior to the injuries. Philly is now dealing from a position of weakness, and might not be willing to settle for less than the value they were perceived to have prior to those injuries. I also think there might be some hesitancy knowing Embiid's history. Makes it super risky to deal both. I still think you have to deal both, bolster the lineup and just make sure you secure a very good backup for Embiid along the way. Okafor and Noel are too young and too good to be injury insurance.

basketballkitty
12-17-2016, 06:14 PM
As long as Philly does NOT..trade either of them for what is...the WORST player statistically in the NBA. And this is not Hyperbole either...this is a fact. Just read the story below, and look at the numbers. I mean this guy is a Cancerous disease.

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2016/12/14/suns-need-move-brandon-knight/

LanceUpperCut
12-17-2016, 06:23 PM

Well that statement goes against what WoJo and Sam Amico reported on..they both reported that Toronto was extremely interested in Noel.

When exactly was that? I'm not even saying they shouldn't be but I don't know what the deal would be. I can't see Raps moving there 6th man who's made huge strides this season and is on a good contract for 2 more season for a guy who's been injured all year and is a RFA at seasons end, the attitude thing doesn't seem to fly very well with Masai or Casey either.

warfelg
12-17-2016, 06:51 PM
Is there any reports that they have been heavily shopping those guys to no avail or you are just assuming they have been and since there is no chatter, there are no deals to be made?

I will concede that, both Noel and Okafor have lost a ton of value since last year prior to the injuries. Philly is now dealing from a position of weakness, and might not be willing to settle for less than the value they were perceived to have prior to those injuries. I also think there might be some hesitancy knowing Embiid's history. Makes it super risky to deal both. I still think you have to deal both, bolster the lineup and just make sure you secure a very good backup for Embiid along the way. Okafor and Noel are too young and too good to be injury insurance.

They've been shopping them but Colangelo hasn't gotten a "star value trade" so he's not moving them.

Scoots
12-17-2016, 07:13 PM
Blame Jerry Colangelo.

We had a deal lined up that centered around Okafor for the BKLN pick and Colangelo told Hinkie he couldn't do it because "Okafor is too good to trade away."

Frankly this is what annoys some of us Sixers fans. We were forced to have Colangelo because the NBA decided they needed to step in. Then we get a trade lines up that takes care of some of this and starts to point us in a direction. Then the guy the NBA FORCED US TO HAVE refuses to OK a trade that would make everything work out.

Imagine if we ended up with that BKLN pick, and Hinkie still here. Even without those other moves we would have a core of:
Simmons, Embiid, Noel, Brown, Saric. That's balanced at starts to look like something.

Did any actual proof of the NBA doing that come out? Or is that speculation?

Scoots
12-17-2016, 07:21 PM
It's interesting that Sixers fans were told here months ago that Okafor and Noel didn't have as much value as they seemed to think ... months later they are both still on the team and the team chemistry seems to be suffering more for it and their value is still slowly sliding lower and lower.

5ass
12-17-2016, 07:25 PM
I know were all here to bash Phili management, but nobody has been worse than Orlando. they lost Oladipo and Harris for nothing and are still horrendous. At least Phili still has their assets haha.

I heard that Orlando is such a mess because their owner and GM are clashing in philosophy. makes sense, only an organization that isn't in agreement could put together such a horrendous clashing roster.

It's not a horrendous clashing roster. They're jut trying to figure things out with a new coach and 9 new rotation players. They probably need to make a move, but really just moving Vucevic and a 1st for Dragic would balance things out and make them a play off team IMO. They're not hoarding assets either seeing as how they traded Oladipo for Ibaka. I also don't understand how you can say Oladipo was traded for nothing when Ibaka is better than him at both sides of the court. Ibaka is having a great season really. The best he's had in a years, if not ever. Harris wasn't traded for nothing either. They basically replaced his contract with Biyombo's, who I'd rather have.

They're struggling yes, but most of their players are showing good improvement. Horrendous they are not... They're just two games away from the 8th seed, and right now it looks like they kept the right young players IMO.

5ass
12-17-2016, 07:27 PM
As for noel, it doesn't take a genius to realise that he should've already been traded. This was a bad move by noel, but I get his frustration. At some point the sixes need to study their options and make a decision. This is currently hurting both sides.

ewing
12-17-2016, 07:29 PM

that's what it comes down to at this point but would still think he should keep his frustration to himself if it weren't for the history. Dude been around awhile now and has put up with a lot of BS. He wants to play basketball

ewing
12-17-2016, 07:32 PM
Did any actual proof of the NBA doing that come out? Or is that speculation?

no there isn't a smoking gun but i think that one is relatively decent assumption. I don't like when people talk about trades that could have happened b/c we don't really know the deal that was or wasn't in place- could the 90 knicks of landed Mitch Richmond? IDK

TheIlladelph16
12-17-2016, 08:41 PM
I don't disagree with Nerlens here. The Sixers need to figure their **** out at C/PF. One of them needs to go, and it looks like Nerlens wants to be that guy. Ideally, he voices these concerns to the coaches and/or front office instead of blasting it in the press, but maybe he has and those concerns have been dismissed. Who knows.

But.... The timing of this is simply strange. His comments are in response to not getting any minutes, but this is only his second game back from injury after having not played this season or preseason. Of course he isn't going to get big minutes yet. The Sixers have been extremely cautious with all of their big guys coming off injury, particularly Embiid and Nerlens, who both have serious injuries on their resume already.

Scoots
12-17-2016, 08:55 PM
no there isn't a smoking gun but i think that one is relatively decent assumption. I don't like when people talk about trades that could have happened b/c we don't really know the deal that was or wasn't in place- could the 90 knicks of landed Mitch Richmond? IDK

There was speculation that a few owners put pressure on Harris to do "something" and that the team was "an embarrassment" ... not that the NBA as an organization "forced" anything, let alone specifically Colangelo.

Aust
12-17-2016, 10:20 PM

Nerlens Noel will be a restricted free agent in the offseason and could move on from the Philadelphia 76ers as they deal with their glut of centers.

The 76ers could be open to trading Noel before the trade deadline.

"The research teams have done on him is not good," said Wojnarowski. "They don't get good reports back on their intel of how he's carried himself there, of his habits. It's not a great return. There are teams willing to do a deal for him and bring him in but they don't want to give up much.

"At some point Philadelphia has to make a decision 'what's the best we can get for him?'

"I think at some point he probably moves."

-source is blocked by PSD

I wouldn't trade Randle, at least not yet, especially with Noel's value being low.

ewing
12-17-2016, 10:28 PM
There was speculation that a few owners put pressure on Harris to do "something" and that the team was "an embarrassment" ... not that the NBA as an organization "forced" anything, let alone specifically Colangelo.

IDK, it seemed that way to me but i was watching every knick game and seeing every report when Donnie wallsh came to my team. from a far it seemed really similar

Alayla
12-17-2016, 11:02 PM

Serigo Ilyasova Bayless Henderson lack of vet's really isn't the issue.

Alayla
12-17-2016, 11:20 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18298959/philadelphia-76ers-center-nerlens-noel-meets-coach-brett-brown-playing-concerns

D-Leethal
12-17-2016, 11:31 PM
I don't disagree with Nerlens here. The Sixers need to figure their **** out at C/PF. One of them needs to go, and it looks like Nerlens wants to be that guy. Ideally, he voices these concerns to the coaches and/or front office instead of blasting it in the press, but maybe he has and those concerns have been dismissed. Who knows.

But.... The timing of this is simply strange. His comments are in response to not getting any minutes, but this is only his second game back from injury after having not played this season or preseason. Of course he isn't going to get big minutes yet. The Sixers have been extremely cautious with all of their big guys coming off injury, particularly Embiid and Nerlens, who both have serious injuries on their resume already.

Going public can be sleezy but it's a powerful tool. Going to Philly in the shadows puts zero pressure on them to make a move. Going public does a bit. Noel is a FA, the gap between what he will get paid off the bench in Philly vs starting and playing major minutes is HUGE. I would be chomping at the bit too.

basketballkitty
12-18-2016, 12:22 AM
Going public can be sleezy but it's a powerful tool. Going to Philly in the shadows puts zero pressure on them to make a move. Going public does a bit. Noel is a FA, the gap between what he will get paid off the bench in Philly vs starting and playing major minutes is HUGE. I would be chomping at the bit too.

Nerlens has no leverage here at all. And going public does not put any pressure on the Sixers. Nerlens is a restricted free agent after this year, and that means Philly WILL match any offer he gets from another team. I mean it is not like they don't have the money. They will be at least 75 million under the Cap next year if they wanna be. And even IF Nerlen's got a Max offer ( Unlikely )...but if he did, Philly still matches it cause Noel's value will never go down. His type of Center is one that is always in high demand.

Scoots
12-18-2016, 02:49 PM
Nerlens has no leverage here at all. And going public does not put any pressure on the Sixers. Nerlens is a restricted free agent after this year, and that means Philly WILL match any offer he gets from another team. I mean it is not like they don't have the money. They will be at least 75 million under the Cap next year if they wanna be. And even IF Nerlen's got a Max offer ( Unlikely )...but if he did, Philly still matches it cause Noel's value will never go down. His type of Center is one that is always in high demand.

Them matching any offers is not an option if he's been traded which is what he wants.

And his value absolutely goes down if the perception is that he isn't able to stay healthy. Look at the deal Festus Ezeli got in Portland ... not that they are equal players, but regular injuries definitely effects your value.

basketballkitty
12-18-2016, 04:40 PM
Them matching any offers is not an option if he's been traded which is what he wants.

And his value absolutely goes down if the perception is that he isn't able to stay healthy. Look at the deal Festus Ezeli got in Portland ... not that they are equal players, but regular injuries definitely effects your value.

When has Noel ever been regularly injured ? His injury this year was minor, and has no chronic issues. His 2nd & 3rd seasons he didn't miss anytime due to injuries. He is healthy as it goes to most all of the NBA Centers, and is an elite athlete and NBA Defender. And he can easily give 14-16Pts a game as well.

ewing
12-18-2016, 05:51 PM
When has Noel ever been regularly injured ? His injury this year was minor, and has no chronic issues. His 2nd & 3rd seasons he didn't miss anytime due to injuries. He is healthy as it goes to most all of the NBA Centers, and is an elite athlete and NBA Defender. And he can easily give 14-16Pts a game as well.

i don't think he can easily give 16 points a game.

warfelg
12-18-2016, 06:33 PM
i don't think he can easily give 16 points a game.

He should be a 10/10 guy with 2-4 blocks per game. He's really a DeAndre Jordan/Tyson Chandler type offensive player. PnR, clean up the garbage, and fast break.

Scoots
12-18-2016, 11:29 PM

You said "Noel's value will never go down. His type of Center is one that is always in high demand." and I replied that his value would go down if he's perceived as injury prone. I didn't say he was ... but if he stays on the Sixers and they keep holding him out or limiting his time the perception will get worse ... and the Sixers don't have a lot of cred with the Jrue situation (I know the front office has changed since then)

Scoots
12-18-2016, 11:33 PM
He should be a 10/10 guy with 2-4 blocks per game. He's really a DeAndre Jordan/Tyson Chandler type offensive player. PnR, clean up the garbage, and fast break.

I agree ... though he will have the occasional 20 point game. He'd be perfect for any team with quality wings in a pace and space offense in need of a center.

IKnowHoops
12-19-2016, 02:09 AM
Would love to see the Cavs make a run at him. I think he has a lot of untapped potential. Athletically, he is one of the top 10 combination of size, speed, and vertical leap. He is a the type of player who would improve drastically playing with Lebron. I think Lebron could have a Nash on Amare affect on Noel strictly from a "finishing with dunks aspect". Obviously Nerlens can't shoot like Amare, but they are probably equal athletes.

Romeo Naes
12-19-2016, 03:38 AM
Too high usage of a player for Lebron and Kyrie. Cousins is way too ball dominant and who knows how effective he would be in a Bosh/Love type roll. Not at all I would imagine.

ewing
12-19-2016, 09:29 AM

agreed. It'd take a heck of a point guard and real spread offensive to get him 16 a game.

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 09:57 AM
Noel did this to himself by being a childish *******. Cant wait til this clown is dealt.

ewing
12-19-2016, 10:23 AM
Noel did this to himself by being a childish *******. Cant wait til this clown is dealt.

He cluttered the roaster with repetitive players and D level talent?

MTone8788
12-19-2016, 11:32 AM

No, by not acting professional. He has played two games this season and he mouths off after the game vs. the Lakers.

In my opinion, he should have worked on his lack of a mid range jumper and become a player like KG, but that never happened. He is extremely limited on offense.

I like Noel's game, but having Embiid would make me not miss him at all. Plus, he's not tough, rather watch Holmes than Noel.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 11:43 AM
DeAndre, Whiteside, Drummond and a few others are limited too and still do fine.

MTone8788
12-19-2016, 11:50 AM
DeAndre, Whiteside, Drummond and a few others are limited too and still do fine.

You're missing my point. All those guys are a lot more physically imposing than Noel is. Because of Noel's stature and athletic ability, he could technically playing the PF if he is ever able to stretch the D with a mid range spot.

Besides, Whiteside can be a dominate scorer, Noel is not. And all three of those guys rebound better than Noel does.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 12:10 PM
Noel's a center. It's not his shot holding him back from playing PF. It's his style of play. He's an at the rim protector (he was down 1.2 blocks per game playing PF).

It just keeps going with this absurd notion with Philly fans that a center has to shoot to be good.

When frankly I think just the opposite. I want my center working in the painted area and along the baseline. Keeps him close enough to the rim to get rebounds.

Embiids shooting comes in rhythm of filling a lane and hitting a trail. When we're into an actual offense, and you watch him, he's rarely taking a jumper outside the paint.

SeoulBeatz
12-19-2016, 12:16 PM
It's an unfortunate situation, but the logjam is mainly due to Embiid finally being healthy.

Yes, drafting three C's in a row was a questionable move to say the least, but after Embiid's career was seemingly over in 2014 I had no qualms with drafting Okafor to "replace" him.

Now that all three bigs are healthy for the first time in 3 years, someone has to be the odd man out.

Okafor and Noel's value has never been lower, but I would have no problem moving them for guard help or mid to late round picks.

And NOTE TO COACH BROWN: The Okafor/Embiid lineup simply doesn't work. It moves Joel out onto the perimeter to cater to Jahlil's strengths. JoJo's worst two games occurred when he predominantly shared minutes with Jahlil. They finally moved away from this last night, and JoJo went off for 33, 10, 3, and 2.

I would prefer to keep Noel over Oak (despite Nerlens' ****** attitude as of late) because he is easier to build around, compliments JoJo better, and actually plays defense/rebounds.

Jahlil's spurts of elite offense doesn't compensate for his utter lack of awareness on D and it's becoming increasingly frustrating as the season progresses.

I don't know what BC is going to do, but I hope he's taking calls and seeing what's out there. Keeping this logjam for a prolonged period of time will only hurt JoJo's development and decrease NN and Jah's value even more, especially since NN has essentially been exiled from the rotation.

MTone8788
12-19-2016, 12:27 PM
Noel's a center. It's not his shot holding him back from playing PF. It's his style of play. He's an at the rim protector (he was down 1.2 blocks per game playing PF).

It just keeps going with this absurd notion with Philly fans that a center has to shoot to be good.

When frankly I think just the opposite. I want my center working in the painted area and along the baseline. Keeps him close enough to the rim to get rebounds.

Embiids shooting comes in rhythm of filling a lane and hitting a trail. When we're into an actual offense, and you watch him, he's rarely taking a jumper outside the paint.

I agree with you and I understand what you're saying. My point is, Embiid is clearly the better center than Noel, and Noel is the player most suited physically to make the change to the 4 spot. I'm not saying I want a shooting center. I know what Noel's strengths are.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 12:33 PM
I agree with you and I understand what you're saying. My point is, Embiid is clearly the better center than Noel, and Noel is the player most suited physically to make the change to the 4 spot. I'm not saying I want a shooting center. I know what Noel's strengths are.

Noel played the 4 last year and was terrible and it took away all his strengths.

I honestly think he would be fine as a backup getting 20 MPG, a few shared with Embiid, and sprinkled in starts when Embiid is out with rest.

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 01:01 PM

D level talent? do you ever not troll?

ewing
12-19-2016, 01:07 PM
No, by not acting professional. He has played two games this season and he mouths off after the game vs. the Lakers.

In my opinion, he should have worked on his lack of a mid range jumper and become a player like KG, but that never happened. He is extremely limited on offense.

I like Noel's game, but having Embiid would make me not miss him at all. Plus, he's not tough, rather watch Holmes than Noel.

He is limited on offensive and i do not know what his work ethic is like however i do know for sure that his employer made no attempt to floor an actual basketball since they drafted him and put him in a **** position. As far as the player goes i've told people on here i before that i don't think he is that good. He reminds me of Clint Capella- valuable but not a star. regardless he clearly has a gripe against his employer.

ewing
12-19-2016, 01:09 PM
D level talent? do you ever not troll?

mmmmm.... the Sixer's organization had been intentionally been flooring a D league team since he entered the league. Dude's got a beef.

ewing
12-19-2016, 01:13 PM
Noel played the 4 last year and was terrible and it took away all his strengths.

I honestly think he would be fine as a backup getting 20 MPG, a few shared with Embiid, and sprinkled in starts when Embiid is out with rest.

It hard to be a rim protector at the 4 in today's league. There are to many 4s that camp out at the 3 point line to provide spacing

Scoots
12-19-2016, 01:25 PM

lol, exactly.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 01:30 PM
mmmmm.... the Sixer's organization had been intentionally been flooring a D league team since he entered the league. Dude's got a beef.

To be fair, there are a fair amount of the 100 players Hinkie was the GM for that are still in the NBA.

warfelg
12-19-2016, 01:31 PM
It hard to be a rim protector at the 4 in today's league. There are to many 4s that camp out at the 3 point line to provide spacing

That. And Noel just reads things better from the paint than the wing.

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 01:39 PM

lol yea that gives him the right to open his mouth and say whatever he wants. He has played a full 0 games with Embiid and less than 50 with Okafor. He has nothing to complain amount. Learn how to handle **** like a pro.

ewing
12-19-2016, 01:41 PM
lol yea that gives him the right to open his mouth and say whatever he wants. He has played a full 0 games with Embiid and less than 50 with Okafor. He has nothing to complain amount. Learn how to handle **** like a pro.

a pro asset or a pro basketball player? B/c i think he is doing the latter.

mrblisterdundee
12-19-2016, 02:00 PM
The Warriors will send some scrubs on minimum contracts and some 2nd round picks for him (they don't have a first next year so their first tradeable would be 2019 and they probably won't be able to re-sign Noel anyhow) :)

They could resign him if they traded Klay Thompson. It's becoming more plausible with the emergence of Ian Clark.
Trade Thompson and Kevin Looney for Nerlens Noel, Gerald Henderson and Richaun Holmes.
Philadelphia gets an alpha with three years on his contract to pair with Joel Embiid. If he and Dario Saric develop decently, and Ben Simmons takes off, Philadelphia could be a very enticing location by the time Thompson seeks a new contract.
Golden State gets a gazelle-like, rim-running defensive ace at center, along with a serviceable guard in Henderson and a somewhat promising young big man in Holmes.

SeoulBeatz
12-19-2016, 02:14 PM
They could resign him if they traded Klay Thompson. It's becoming more plausible with the emergence of Ian Clark.
Trade Thompson and Kevin Looney for Nerlens Noel, Gerald Henderson and Richaun Holmes.
Philadelphia gets an alpha with three years on his contract to pair with Joel Embiid. If he and Dario Saric develop decently, and Ben Simmons takes off, Philadelphia could be a very enticing location by the time Thompson seeks a new contract.
Golden State gets a gazelle-like, rim-running defensive ace at center, along with a serviceable guard in Henderson and a somewhat promising young big man in Holmes.

Lol I wish.

I would trade Nerlens, Jahlil, Covington, and Lakers 1st for Klay, and it would probably still take more.

But that's the dream, Nerlens would also flourish in G.S system. He is an ideal C for a fastbreak team.

mrblisterdundee
12-19-2016, 02:18 PM
I'd be willing to trade C.J. McCollum for Noel and someone else maybe Nik Stauskas and Richaun Holmes. I'd even be willing to throw in Pat Connaughton!
Portland's great offensively, but McCollum and Damian Lillard are also two of the biggest reasons why Portland's the worst defensive team in the league. The roster stacked at the two-guard spot already, with Allen Crabbe and Evan Turner ready to take on a bigger role. A front court player with good defense would improve Portland more defensively than the loss of McCollum would hurt offensively.

mrblisterdundee
12-19-2016, 02:20 PM
Lol I wish.

I would trade Nerlens, Jahlil, Covington, and Lakers 1st for Klay, and it would probably still take more.

But that's the dream, Nerlens would also flourish in G.S system. He is an ideal C for a fastbreak team.

I don't think the gap is quite so big between Thompson and Noel, who's about as good as Draymond Green on defense. I would trade Thompson to Philadelphia for Noel, Robert Covington and Richaun Holmes.

TheDish87
12-19-2016, 02:35 PM
I don't think the gap is quite so big between Thompson and Noel, who's about as good as Draymond Green on defense. I would trade Thompson to Philadelphia for Noel, Robert Covington and Richaun Holmes.

the gap between Klay and Noel is very big. I think all of us in the Sixers forum would gladly give up multiples picks in a deal to get a trade done starting with the LAL pick we own. Same goes for McCollum but on a slightly lesser level

PhillyFaninLA
12-20-2016, 06:28 AM
I'm seeing the Sam Bradford situation play out again. He runs his mouth, cries like a 2 year old girl that just had candy ripped out of there hand by a parent, and consistently over a period of months shows to be a weak willed b......

Sam Bradford shut his mouth, disappeared to the background and the Eagles got a best case scenario trade when he shut his mouth. I think Calengelo coming forward with his comments means the same thing is going on. Of course they will trade him, but not until Noel shuts up long enough or risks missing the entire season and losing 10's of millions of dollars. If he doesn't play nice he may lose 20 - 50 million dollars this offseason by destroying his own value. If I'm his new agent I am pointing that out to him. He shuts up, he gets traded and keeps more money then most of us will make in our life times.

Ariza's Better
12-20-2016, 06:56 AM
The 76ers can have KJ back if they want. Wouldn't mind Noel now that Capela is injured.

warfelg
12-20-2016, 09:24 AM
No to KJ. Beverly would do.

SeoulBeatz
12-20-2016, 12:01 PM
I'd be willing to trade C.J. McCollum for Noel and someone else maybe Nik Stauskas and Richaun Holmes. I'd even be willing to throw in Pat Connaughton!
Portland's great offensively, but McCollum and Damian Lillard are also two of the biggest reasons why Portland's the worst defensive team in the league. The roster stacked at the two-guard spot already, with Allen Crabbe and Evan Turner ready to take on a bigger role. A front court player with good defense would improve Portland more defensively than the loss of McCollum would hurt offensively.

Nerlens and Nik for McCollum would be a fantastic trade from the Sixer's perspective. Blazer's management would never do it though considering how low Noel's value is.

I think Nerlens would fit perfectly on teams like the Blazers, Bucks, Warriors, Raptors, and Celtics to name a few.

SeoulBeatz
12-20-2016, 12:02 PM
The 76ers can have KJ back if they want. Wouldn't mind Noel now that Capela is injured.

Even though K.J hasn't panned out, I still see the Canaan-K.J swap as the worst move in Hinkie's tenure lol. Love that dude.

mrblisterdundee
12-20-2016, 03:10 PM
the gap between Klay and Noel is very big. I think all of us in the Sixers forum would gladly give up multiples picks in a deal to get a trade done starting with the LAL pick we own. Same goes for McCollum but on a slightly lesser level

You didn't talk about giving up multiple picks. You said "Nerlens, Jahlil, Covington, and Lakers 1st for Klay, and it would probably still take more." That's a bit outlandish.
I can see including Noel, Covington, Holmes and the Laker pick, but that's more than generous enough for Thompson, who while much better offensive, has nowhere near the defensive impact of Noel.

mrblisterdundee
12-20-2016, 03:11 PM
Nerlens and Nik for McCollum would be a fantastic trade from the Sixer's perspective. Blazer's management would never do it though considering how low Noel's value is.

I think Nerlens would fit perfectly on teams like the Blazers, Bucks, Warriors, Raptors, and Celtics to name a few.

What if you include the Lakers pick? I think the Blazers would be crazy to turn that down, considering the defense between McCollum and Noel is like night and day. Noel can defend all five position. McCollum hasn't shown the ability to defend any.

Hawkeye15
12-20-2016, 03:17 PM

well, being part of a union, he doesn't get more than a vote to help make the changes to the CBA on rookie deals, or salary. If you want to play in the NBA, you play at a risk. And quite frankly, nobody will feel sorry for Noel if he ONLY makes $10 million a year, versus $15 million a year.

Not that I don't agree they just need to trade him, but it's Philly's right to hold onto him.

SeoulBeatz
12-20-2016, 03:42 PM
What if you include the Lakers pick? I think the Blazers would be crazy to turn that down, considering the defense between McCollum and Noel is like night and day. Noel can defend all five position. McCollum hasn't shown the ability to defend any.

I'd be torn on including the Laker's pick. Though it would realistically take that much to net McCollum (who i like, and he's exactly the type of combo guard/shot creator we need) I'd prefer to hold onto it and see what kind of wing help we can add in the draft.

Either way, I'm anxious to see what we can get for Nerls.
Yes, his value is at an all-time low, but there are a few teams out there that could desperately use a defensive minded/athletic C, they might have to pay slightly above bottom dollar to acquire his services. He's a game-changing defender when he plays his natural position, but he's completely wasted at PF.

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 03:55 PM
You didn't talk about giving up multiple picks. You said "Nerlens, Jahlil, Covington, and Lakers 1st for Klay, and it would probably still take more." That's a bit outlandish.
I can see including Noel, Covington, Holmes and the Laker pick, but that's more than generous enough for Thompson, who while much better offensive, has nowhere near the defensive impact of Noel.

i didnt say anything specific about what to trade in here. Klay is miles ahead of Noel as an all around player and its not even close. Put Klay on this team next year and we challenge to win the division. We have Embiid, we dont needs what Noel brings.

JOSKOMANG4
12-20-2016, 05:14 PM
With Bayliss(PG) & Capela(C/F) out for the year, what are your thoughts on a P.Beverly & 2017 unprotected 1st to the Sixers for PF/C Noel.

Rockets Lineup: Noel/Anderson/Ariza/Gordon/Harden.

Sixers Lineup: Embiid/Saric/Simmons/Henderson/Beverly.

TheDish87
12-20-2016, 05:31 PM
we have talked bout that a few times in our forum. the group is kind of split on it, as am i but i would lean to do it. Next year Sergio walks and you have Bev/Bayless who both fit well with Simmons and still tradeable if we take a guard in the draft.

ewing
12-20-2016, 05:41 PM
we have talked bout that a few times in our forum. the group is kind of split on it, as am i but i would lean to do it. Next year Sergio walks and you have Bev/Bayless who both fit well with Simmons and still tradeable if we take a guard in the draft.

Beverly is a tough SOB. I do you think you need shooting so i would project him as combo guard that plays 20-25 mins a night in the long term for Philly. That said i think it is a pretty good trade. Noel fits very well in the screen roll with Harden, on a team that shoots a ton of 3s, and likes to run

Scoots
12-20-2016, 06:45 PM
With Bayliss(PG) & Capela(C/F) out for the year, what are your thoughts on a P.Beverly & 2017 unprotected 1st to the Sixers for PF/C Noel.

I didn't think Capella or Bayless were confirmed out all year at all.

warfelg
12-20-2016, 07:07 PM
I didn't think Capella or Bayless were confirmed out all year at all.

Bayless was.

Ariza's Better
12-20-2016, 07:28 PM

Bevs is way too important to the Rockets to trade for a fill in who will bolt after half a season.

warfelg
12-20-2016, 07:35 PM
Bevs is way too important to the Rockets to trade for a fill in who will bolt after half a season.

He's a ****ing RFA. You can keep him for another 4 years.

Again to anyone who wants to say this ****:

HE'S A RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA.

I don't get what's so hard to understand.

GodsSon
12-20-2016, 08:01 PM
Cory Joe + 1st

Ariza's Better
12-20-2016, 08:57 PM
He's a ****ing RFA. You can keep him for another 4 years.

Again to anyone who wants to say this ****:

HE'S A RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA. RFA.

I don't get what's so hard to understand.
I know he's a RFA, what I meant is he is going to sign for massive money somewhere else and the Rockets won't match.
Either way he is not worth Bevs.

warfelg
12-20-2016, 09:26 PM
I know he's a RFA, what I meant is he is going to sign for massive money somewhere else and the Rockets won't match.
Either way he is not worth Bevs.

Beverly's salary off the book, salary dump Corey Brewer (Dekker is better and Younger). That's $13 mil against Noel's extension. I think that Noel will get a 15-18 mil extension. You're slated to have $88 in committed salary as is right now. So extending Noel would add up to another $5 mil; Meaning $93 in salaries. Projected $105-108 mil cap. That would also be 11 guys under contract.

Then based on Capela and Noels performance you can trade one and get something back.

Alayla
12-20-2016, 09:42 PM
Noel sighting

Ariza's Better
12-20-2016, 10:07 PM
Beverly's salary off the book, salary dump Corey Brewer (Dekker is better and Younger). That's $13 mil against Noel's extension. I think that Noel will get a 15-18 mil extension. You're slated to have $88 in committed salary as is right now. So extending Noel would add up to another $5 mil; Meaning $93 in salaries. Projected $105-108 mil cap. That would also be 11 guys under contract.

Then based on Capela and Noels performance you can trade one and get something back.
Again, Noel isn't worth it for Bevs.

SeoulBeatz
12-21-2016, 11:51 AM
Noel sighting

Was crazy to see him get a standing ovation when he checked in, was not expecting that at all.

He looked like his usual springy self for the few minutes he played.

As I've stated before, would much rather keep Noel over Oak. Despite how he's handled the past few months he is simply a better player/fit for this team.

Embiid said after the game that Noel is his best friend on the team and wants to see what they can do together. Me too. It's kind of frustrating that they have yet to share a minute on the court together because I think they could be a nightmare on defense (and a beautiful disaster on offense).

Scoots
12-21-2016, 12:23 PM
Was crazy to see him get a standing ovation when he checked in, was not expecting that at all.

He looked like his usual springy self for the few minutes he played.

As I've stated before, would much rather keep Noel over Oak. Despite how he's handled the past few months he is simply a better player/fit for this team.

Embiid said after the game that Noel is his best friend on the team and wants to see what they can do together. Me too. It's kind of frustrating that they have yet to share a minute on the court together because I think they could be a nightmare on defense (and a beautiful disaster on offense).

I would put Noel and C and Embiid at PF when they are on the floor together, but I would also make sure there was always one or the other on the floor so the overlap wouldn't be huge.

mrblisterdundee
12-21-2016, 12:42 PM
i didnt say anything specific about what to trade in here. Klay is miles ahead of Noel as an all around player and its not even close. Put Klay on this team next year and we challenge to win the division. We have Embiid, we dont needs what Noel brings.

I'm sorry. I had a brain fart and accidentally attributed the quote to you. It was SeoulBeatz who said that.

warfelg
12-21-2016, 01:08 PM
I would put Noel and C and Embiid at PF when they are on the floor together, but I would also make sure there was always one or the other on the floor so the overlap wouldn't be huge.

Well...most of us want that. I think offensively they can work too because Noel is a much better off ball player than Okafor. Just the way he moves and creates space.

There was an interesting sequence last night where TJ drove, and Noel, knowing his man was going to double, just boxed him out and sealed him off giving TJ the clear path. It was such a savvy and underrated move. Noel's offensive abilities like that don't show up in a box score.

TheDish87
12-21-2016, 01:14 PM
I'm sorry. I had a brain fart and accidentally attributed the quote to you. It was SeoulBeatz who said that.

all good.

Stunner
12-24-2016, 10:54 PM
Is Clarkson for Noel straight up a good deal ?

Alayla
12-25-2016, 03:28 AM

I would lean towards yes only because of Clarkson's contract and my personal feeling that he would fit well with Simmons in the backcourt.

TheDish87
12-25-2016, 02:05 PM

i think the value is about the same. I have come around on this deal as long as Clarkson is off the bench.